Reviews of Ocean Surf Hotel 2 stars

5.7

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

The beach only !
    • Queen Room

Everything else was terrible, from staff to the facilities, not recommended at all, there’s others places where you can pay less and gonna receive: better attention, or at least you gonna be treated like a person !!!!

The beach only !!!

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Awesome!
    • Queen Room

Coming in at 1AM after a very long road trip...All i needed was a clean bed and shower. The friendly staff who went out of their way to make sure we had a good room was a bonus! Would definitely come back again.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

I will never stay here again. The worse place ever.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We arrived early an paid extra for an early check-in. There was toilet paper on the bathroom floor behind toilet with menstrual blood on it so it appeared. The lady at the front desk was absolutely rude. The other front desk attendants were way better. There were local people outside that really made our trip uncomfortable.

The beach, shopping, and restaurants was only foot steps away.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Won’t stay here again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was my friend’s birthday, the bathroom had a major leak coming through the ceiling and ruined majority of our luggage. Be prepared to see roaches. No Ice machine in this hotel which is really sad. Checked out a day early and stayed with friends just because we weren’t happy.

They were able to upgrade our room to the balcony free of charge after all the inconvenience. Good location because of beach.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

NOT CONFORTABLE AT ALL
    • Queen Room

I WAS GIVING A ROOM IN A SEPARATE BUILDING AND IT WAS NOT WHAT I EXPECTED FROM THE PICTURES I SAW. THE BED WAS NOT IN GOOD CONDITION AND ON MY WAY IN I FOUND A DEAD ROACH.

HAVING THE OCEAN ACCROSS THE HOTEL.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

I loved the fact that the beach was directly across the...
    • Queen Room with Balcony

I loved the fact that the beach was directly across the street. Everything was walking distance. The staff was so friendly. No matter what you needed they made sure they took care of you.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Under achieved
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Needs remodeling ASAP. 3 channels and the huge box TV(no HD).

Best things going for this place it's location by beach is great and many places to eat are around.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Nothning than poor average
    • Queen Room

Booking.com should take a resposibility and sometimes check a hotels which are offering, becuase the reality was way way different that on the pictures on booking.com. And compare with other the price was kind of expensive for this kind of hotel.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

You get what you pay for !
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cockroaches. Huge cockroaches. Our bathtub was clogged.

Walking distance to the beach and stores ! Restaurant right next door. Friendly staff. Available staff.

Very close to the Ocean. Very convenient!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Esthethically building was not pleasing (exterior). Could have more facilities such as room service or bed and breakfast...

I liked the fact that it was located very close to the Beach which is what I was looking for. The property ( the exterior) could be more appealing. Staff are friendly and VERY accommodating.

Reception staff was nice and helpful.
    • Queen Room

Air condition was terrible, probably not cleaned for more then one year. When we were entering the room, stinky smell was hitting our face.

Reception staff was nice and helpful. Beach is just 2min walk from the entrance and you get beach towels.

It did not look like the pictures and the first night we...
    • Queen Room with Balcony

It did not look like the pictures and the first night we went in, the room wasn’t clean. The bathroom looked like it hadn’t been cleaned. The bed smelled funky.

The location, the neighborhood, the supermarket in the near...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beach towels was no more available at our arrival in the afternoon. The using of the beach chairs is only till 5 o´clock.

The location, the neighborhood, the supermarket in the near and the short way to the beach with the free chairs. I love the possibility to sit in front of the Hotel.

Property was clean and easily accessible.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was no dustbin, no shower gels, shampoo in washroom. No breakfast facility. Room looked ok. If we compare photos with actual site, it was far different so please do not get lured by lavish photos. Charge was more as compared to quality of hotel.

Property was clean and easily accessible.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

The location was amazing, and beach towels and beach chairs...
    • Queen Room

No microwave in our room or the main lobby, the maids didn’t clean our room, and the maids took forever to even give us new towels.

The location was amazing, and beach towels and beach chairs were included!

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Pleasantly surprised.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms could do with updating but that's probably the only critique i have, we enquired about our tap not working right and we were moved to a different room so i cant complain about anything.

The bed was comfy, the staff were friendly. This is a BUDGET hotel, don't expect luxury because it is very basic but its exactly what we needed. The best thing about this hotel is the location. A few steps away is the beach where you get a sun lounger (umbrellas are extra) round the corner is Walgreens and other shops, food spots EVERYWHERE and the quality is fantastic, ihop up the round and a taxi away you have south beach for partying. I read reviews after i booked this hotel and expected the worst, pleased to say i'd stay here again.

would not stay there again.
    • Queen Room

subpar for what we paid.no micro wave in the hotel,my wife had to go next door to another hotel too ask them if she could use there micro wave,room service was very poor,had too ask them too change the towels and make bed up numerous times,bath tub out dated and dangerous,no mat on the floor or guard rail

the only thing we liked was the patio .

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Great stay in Miami Beach for a good price.
    • Queen Room with Balcony

The noise of the air conditioning, not only in our room but in other rooms and the hotel next door was somewhat annoying, especially during the night. The interior of the hotel could look a lot nicer with some upgrades and finishing touches. Nevertheless, this could affect the old school feel of the hotel.

Old school hotel with a very nice design (at least outside and the lobby). We had a room with a balcony and ocean view, which was very nice. For smokers the balcony is a must because all rooms are non smoking and only a few have a balcony. Medium size fridge, not a minibar. Very close to the (public) beach, supermarkets, restaurants, transport (including a free trolley to take you along Miami Beach), etc.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Not recommended at all
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing was the way it showed in the pictures, the tv where the old ones and didn’t even had cable we wasn’t able to watch anything. They where very rude and didn’t even had our rooms available at the time of the check in.

Nothing was the worst experience in my life

I liked the location of the property being across the road...
    • Queen Room

I booked my stay at ocean surf hotel but they told me my room was in the building next door which left looked like a run down motel. I also spoke to other guests who told me they booked their stay at ocean surf and were highly disappointed when told they would be staying in the building next door. The room it self was very basic. A bed, some storage space, fridge, and mirror. I was told I would have an iron and hair dryer in my room but I had to request these items and wait. The t.v. only had 5 channels which were all boring, my toilet blocked twice, the maids do not clean the rooms well at all but just make it the bed, sweep the floor and provide clean towels. I had to ask them to change my bed sheets as I was staying for two weeks. From my experience I would not stay at this hotel/motel again. I thought I was getting good value for money but in this case you get what you pay for, actually I would say you get a lot less then you pay for. I would advise to spend a little bit more money to get a decent hotel so that you enjoy your stay in Miami.

I liked the location of the property being across the road from the beach. I also liked that it was a short distance from south beach and can easily take the bus . If you would prefer to drive to south beach but don't have a car I would advise to download the lyft app as a much more cheaper option then a local taxi. There are also a few places to eat and souvenir shops nearby to the hotel.

Feeling robbed and lied to by advertisement.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The whole room. False advertisement. The pictures of the lobby and my room was nowhere close to the pictures shown.

The desk clerks were nice but not informative.

Except for the tub, TV and sharing the balcony the stay was ok.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We paid extra money to have the balcony and We we're not told we had to share a balcony. For us that was a safety issue. The television was snowy and only had 5 channels. They came to fix it, didn't fix and said they would come back and never did. There also was hair in the bathroom that was not ours. The tub was rusted and damaged.

For the cheap price it was fine. Close to beach.

The were 2 things I didn't like, the elevator was slow...
    • Queen Room with Balcony

The were 2 things I didn't like, the elevator was slow and outdated, and the room only had like 8 channels and one of those stayed on mute for some reason. Room was cozy and right on the beach, it was a great value

They need to get more then 3 channels on the television and a cartoon channel. They need tofree park
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I did not like that I only had 3 channels on the television and not one of them was a cartoon channel for my kids. I did not like that I had to pay for parking.

I loved the location of the hotel. I loved the fact that we had beach towels and beach chairs when we went to the beach.

We feel decieved and disappointed about the accomodation, do not recommend anyone to stay here.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No previous notification about +$50 for wifi & towel use. Room and building were not the advertized ones, room & furnitures were worn & dirty. No reply came for several inquiries about a better room.

Very close to the beach and nearby infrastructure, the buildings' outside had a historic '30s atmosphere.

The view was amazing.
    • Queen Room

There is a weird smell, everything is outdated and our hot water didn't work. They were nice and moved us to another more up to date room but it was still sub-par and we were over it shi only stayed 1out of 5 nights. There's a reason why it's so cheap!

The view was amazing.

The hotel is in north Miami, more of a family side of the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The Ocean Surf Hotel did not have any king size rooms, so they put us in the hotel next door, which was better because they had a pool, ice machine and a restaurant, which Ocean Surf didn’t have any of the above!

The hotel is in north Miami, more of a family side of the beach, (25 min ride to south beach) free lite breakfast, and the room was clean, small but clean.

The location was awesome!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The toilet didn’t work my entire stay. No phone in the room. Refrigerator was not turned on and when we opened it it smelt horrible! There was a old small box tv in the room it was really fuzzy and didn’t have any cable. The elevator was so small and scary! I would not stay here again

The location was awesome!

A good, low price, no frills place to stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No food or drinks available at the hotel, bathroom was in need of updating but was still fully functional.

Good WiFi, comfortable beds, helpful reception staff.

Nice staff, no problems would stay again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Change sheets everyday instead of making bed! We spilled a drink and bed was just remade! Had to ask to change sheets! Better T.V changes only 4 that work.

Great location across the street from beach!

A very expensive disaster
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

This property is a shocker and should be removed from your website immediately! The rooms look nothing like the pictures and I felt completely scammed out of my money and as a result I will never use Booking.com again! We didn't even stay 15 minutes , we searched for alternative accommodation and left immediately. The irony was the Best Western we went to was 100% better and cost less, they also refused to refund our stay because it was a special booked through Booking.com. This property is awful in every sense!!

We shared a balcony which was connected by 2 doors.
    • Queen Room with Balcony

We shared a balcony which was connected by 2 doors.. well our door had a blind but it was broke so our neighbor could see into our room. We told front desk and they told us there was nothing they could do so we were given a sheet to hang up. (They also offered to refund the resort fee which wasn’t much out of our total cost but they lady looked up our reservation and kept telling me I paid cash so she couldn’t refund it when I know I didn’t!! She called her boss talking in Spanish about us poorly but little did she know my boyfriend spoke Spanish) The sheets on the bed were dirty(we were told they would get changed but they weren’t) and I had to kill a roach on the table next to my bed. Lastly we had our do not disturb sign on the door while we took a quick nap after lunch but some man still decided to walk in on us. Other then being uncomfortable the location is great

Incredible location for the price.
    • Queen Room with Balcony

For the location they have, they should improve the in structure and remodel it.

Incredible location for the price. Literally beach front. Room was pretty clean and comfortable. Worth the price.

All in all it was awesome. Rooms clean and for the price a GREAT value!
    • Queen Room

THE PARKING! We drove around for about a half hour trying to find somewhere to park and finally found one on the street about 5 blocks from the hotel. We had to walk and carry all of our stuff to the hotel. Need more handicap parking. We also didn't like the three empty storage buildings next to the hotel.

We liked Pamela at the front desk. She was AWESOME! We liked the location to the ocean and the variety of shops/restaurants around the hotel. Love the views!

Couldn’t wait to leave!!!
    • Queen Room

Hotel was dirty, housekeepers didnt clean , only 1 channel on tv they said premium tv channels, had to walk far just to warm my food. No microwave on premises at all 🙄the hotel is nothing like the brochure they charge for a resort fee when the hotel isn’t an resort 🤦🏽‍♀️ We was scammed out our money.

The bed was super comfortable, the air conditioner was...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed was super comfortable, the air conditioner was working which I appreciate because it was super hot outside. There was a lot of space in my room and I received cleaning services everyday. It was right in front of the beach so that I could enjoy the view. The staff were great and very helpful. I strongly recommend this place to you!

The location was just perfect.
    • Queen Room with Balcony

The rooms and bed where a lot smaller than expected. We got what we paid for. We were not expecting anything fancy. The people were very nice.

The location was just perfect.

It was right by beach.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was not as pictures described. They had us stay at a hotel next to there’s.

It was right by beach. It did have stores and restaurants at walking distance.

Disaster!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything! We was due to stay at Ocean Surf hotel and when we arrived into the lobby the guy behind the reception desk was very dismissive! He then called the hotel next door and asked if they have vacancy as they had over booked their rooms and none left for us. We went next door to the new hotel and it was just as awful. Dirty, rude staff members and an all round disaster. The room was vile, the toilet didn’t have a proper fitting toilet seat, no plugs for sink or bath, no hot water for the shower, curtains were broken so they were stuck slightly open (people could see in) and a bend in the window frame meaning the humidity kept the AC going which sounded like a fighter jet going off all night! I think we were lucky if we even got an hour sleep at the terrible hotel! Don’t ever book it!"

It's a no frills room by the beach so it's a good...
    • Queen Room

The bed was uncomfortable and made noise as I tossed and turned. I usually didn't get back to the hotel until after midnight and there is so much noise that can be heard from all sides it was hard to fall asleep. I was in room 2 in the other building.

It's a no frills room by the beach so it's a good value if u don't want to spend a lot of money, especially if you're not spending a lot of time in the hotel.

Sisters Birthday getaway.

Nothing .

Ocean surf is now our go to location, amazing is an understatement from we got in Jose went above and beyond to help my sister and I , we were right by the beach and I had so many options to park close enough. Accessibility was everything for me and we just had an amazing time . We recommend for sure and we will be returning.

i wont be coming back unless they have a serious makeover
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

it smelt horrible , the orders was very small, i would say only attend here if you just need a rush its a bunch of old vacant building next to it. The advertisement said it will be cable there was no cable. there was no real resort but they charge you a 10$ fee a day that you stay It looks nothing like the photos online

only that it is close to collins ave

May be next time will be better room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I like the location, and the price for the hotel was reasonable. May be due to my earliest reservation.

I was not impressed with the room at all. The bling was damaged. I had to use paper towel to ensure my privacy inside the room. The TV did not work, and I reported it. There was no attempt to fix it.

Closest property I could find affordable to Attend a Dua...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

You may not actually stay in the actual ocean surf hotel as they had an adjacent building with no lobby no facilities -and the room was not properly cleaned the bathroom was in bad shape-it is too bad as I come from the key west area that building and rooms have a lot of potential I suggest they put them to use

Closest property I could find affordable to Attend a Dua Lipa concert

Visiting friends around the beach area. Convenient hotel. Also close to the beach. Rained.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

More explanation regarding the T.V. The visitors in and out sharing the balcony all except the first couple were uneducated in how to share the balcony and put the chairs in front of my door ... difficult to explain, unpleasant people.

The staff are pretty warm, inviting, good humor. I also liked the balcony to view the beach from my room.

Not satiafied
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No microwave, no ice, room wasn't clean I had to buy cleaning supplies and clean it, no smoking but cigarette burns everywhere, not enough space with the two beds I had to move the beds just to open the little refrigerator

The area, friendly staff

LOCATION SHORT WALK TO THE BEACH

PARKING WAS HORRIBLE. WE CIRCLED FOR TWO HOURS TRYING TO FIND A SPOT TO PARK. THERE WAS NO PARKING LOT FOR HOTEL GUEST WE HAD TO SHARE WITH THE PUBLIC BEACH PARKING. WE HAD 3 ROOMS WITH 8 PEOPLE. SOME ROOMS HAD VERY UNCOMFORTALBE BEDS AND SOME ROOMS THE SHOWER WAS BROKEN. ENTIRE PLACE NEEDS AN UPDATE

LOCATION SHORT WALK TO THE BEACH

The location of the room
    • Queen Room with Balcony

The room there was no facility no kettle ,no microwave nothing . When we arrive she was trying to give us a room with no balcony and I booked with balcony and it was more expensive she told me both for the same price and this is not true when I insist she told me you have to wait until 3.30 I accept and waited she gave us the keys at about 3.10. When you book you have to take your room or better if there is availability.

The location of the room

Satisfied

The TV /cable needs upgrade but who goes to Miami for TV anyways

Directly across the street from the beach-EASY BEACH ACCESS! Some shops and restaurants around the corner. Second time there, stayed in December. I liked I was in the actual hotel building vs the building next door. It met our needs for one night.

It was a good introduction to the Art Deco hotel experience at a budget price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Ocean Surf is clean and has been renovated somewhat but is in need of refreshing, especially the bathrooms. The rooms are fairly Spartan, with a fridge and hair dryer but no microwave or coffee maker. I find the ancient elevator, complete with brass lobby door, charming and quaint, but guests used to modern elevators might actually be afraid of it. You must pay for metered parking (max. $10 a day). The property next door has a pool but OS does not.

The location is great. It's on the beach and is in a "mini Art Deco district", an isolated block of Collins Ave. in North Beach that is cut off from the more famous blocks in South Beach. But you get a similar hotel experience at a much lower price. It's also much quieter, since there are no nightclubs on this block.

Everything was good except no cable or no beach view it sucked as far as that but everything else 💯
    • Queen Room

No cable that sucked it was regular tv which made it very boring in the hotel and u can't see the water from the room also it sucked but it was alright it didn't suck that bad

The bed was great

Don’t go to this hotel! It has bed bugs !
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff is very nasty ! They were quick to push us out and not accommodate us when the rooms they gave us had bed bugs. Also the towels were so dirty .

The bed had bed bugs ! They gave us another room on another floor which also had more bed bugs. They were quick to say that we should leave and they will return the money to the card in 5 business days and we should decide fast because they were gonna book it now!

Was not the best
    • Queen Room

Everyday I got different problems the room was not clean..the TV broken the AC was not ok always also all was old ..the lift scared me too old

Close to the beach

Great stay.
    • Queen Room

The different levels between room and bathroom is safety issue. We tripped several times. Would have loved to have hair dryer in room.

This was a good property. Got off the cruise at 8 am check in wasn’t until 4 I believe. I went and ask if we could just check our bags at desk and we would come back at check on time. She was so sweet, and gave us a room early because she had one available. Tile floors, king size bed, plenty of drawers, safe, walk in shower. in a great location right across the street from the beach. They have loungers available all day.

ruined my stay in florida
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

it was dirty I booked months ahead they made me stay in a building next to ocean surf the TV didnt work shower was nasty . seen a roach

absolutely nothing

The fact is next to beach that's all
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No hot water. Room on 1st floor flooded. AC temperature can't be adjusted. No microwave. TV channels suck. TV model old and small.

The fact is next to beach that's all

Location was great but we has to pay for parking and a...
    • Queen Room

Housekeepers took my rags and didn't leave any.

Location was great but we has to pay for parking and a resort fee. I didn't come to Miami for the beach lol

Short and it served its purpose...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was not modern and blankets were hard and not fit for humans to sleep on . Also, tthe outside lobby was dirty overnight and unkept

Location ok

You get what you pay for but in this case you get a great location on a budget
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pictures are super deceiving. they lie about the rooms being double rooms . Nothing on the booking website for this place is accurate to what it’s really like

Disappointed
    • Queen Room

Everything about this place was a massive disappointment. I was so uncomfortable and unhappy with my stay I had to book elsewhere. The bathroom was so dirty and old no water in bathroom tap so horrible place. Not surprised is none refundable no one would want to stay.

Close to the busy beach

The property is at a perfect location close to the beach and...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room smelled like cigarettes and didn't have the hair dryer as stated in the description. The staff was nice enough to find me one though. Also did not like the fact that a lot of the area around the hotel was under construction, but I guess that eased traffic.

The property is at a perfect location close to the beach and to some cute restaurants! Loved that the hotel has towels for the beach and the staff was always willing to accommodate any requests.

Rubbish
    • Queen Room

Everything. I never expect a lot as i travel a lot and usually stay in hostels. From the minute I've entered the hotel I felt uncomfortable unsure and not happy to be there. The room was nothing like on the picture. Bathroom very old and dirty the was NO WATER IN BATHROOM TAP!! I mean come on for this price I would at least expect to have warm water. The price is none refundable not surprised there as all the guest would leave and not choose to stay. I felt so unhappy the first night I cried and booked elsewhere and I've loved it for the same price.

Beach next to it

Only great thing about this hotel is being foot steps close...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The unexpected entrance fee you have to pay when you get to the hotel to check in, the shower has cracks, and you have to pay for parking every hour until 6PM-8AM then more money to put inside the pay machine. Gets really expensive, might as well pay for an upscale hotel elsewhere. When you post the do not disturb sign on door, they still come into the room anyway, this hotel also does not have anyone that speaks English be aware. Also when it was time to check out, the guy at the desk didn’t want to print out my receipt, he rather be on his phone...

Only great thing about this hotel is being foot steps close to the beach.

Not the fanciest hotel, but the rates are good and the room...
    • Queen Room

There are 2 buildings, we thought we were staying at the "Ocean Surf" but we were given a room in the building next door. I emailed Booking.com to try and upgrade to a room facing the beach when I found this out, and they never responded to my email. Book through the hotel directly if you want to choose your room. Also, there is no parking but if you download the parking app you can feed the meter right from the beach.

Not the fanciest hotel, but the rates are good and the room was clean. you are literally across the street from the beach. The room is basic, and yes, the TV was from 1995, but if you're staying in North beach to watch television you're doing it wrong. Bring your ipad, there's free wifi. Suite had a decent sized fridge which came in handy.

After all I had a great time.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I always would try to call the front office no one would answer and it said mail box full. Our toilet overflowed and I couldn’t call or find anyone to help.

Made the best of stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very outdated, the bathroom sink and toilet leaking. Hole on wall from water damage and the ceiling paint chipping. No toilet paper role holder. Ask for beach towels as stated that would be provided and was told they didn’t have any cleans ones. Mind you this was at 9:30am when we headed to the beach.

Location and bed was comfortable

It was clean and right in front of the ocean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Better beach towels would be great and maybe hot coffee in lobby in the morning.

It was clean and right in front of the ocean. There was a lot to do around the area. Had a great patio to sit in front of in the morning and all hours of the night🌞

No a good hotel for the price!
    • Queen Room

No maintance at all dirty bathrooms! No working tv got a different room than what i pay for ! Matress super old and the ac so loud needs to be updated! Found roaches in the bath

No a good hotel for the price!

I do not recommend going to this hotel!
    • Queen Room

impolite staff! We settled in the annex to the hotel. The room is very dirty. Hairdryer and iron in the room were not available. The bed was broken and creaked all the time. The staff did not respond to our requests and complaints! The description of the hotel is not true!

good location of the hotel, to the beach on foot about 2 minutes

A wonderful, relaxing stay. I can't wait to go back.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was really great! They upgraded us without asking to a beautiful room with the coolest window looking out toward the beach. They also gave us a room that had a balcony we sat at each night and morning looking toward the ocean. It is a older building but they do a very good job at keeping everything clean and comfy. Big comfy bed, cable tv, plenty of space. It was well worth the value. The ocean is literally across the street. It is a very laid back atmosphere. Also if you seek a more party vibe a quick lyft ride take you to all the clubs. We liked the fact that we could hop over to party but come back to a peaceful, relaxed atmosphere. We plan on staying there again.

It’s right on the beach and a few nice places to eat nearby,...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms were NOTHING like the pictures, the shower leaked into the rest of the bathroom and there was no shower door. Water was everywhere. The floors in the room were slimy/oily.

It’s right on the beach and a few nice places to eat nearby, close to a Walgreens as well.

The location is great!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Really Disappointed! I did not get what I was expecting, I got there to check in and the first impression was really bad, they gave me my keys and told me to go to the side exit door basically I was pulling up my luggage to the next door building.really old and there is not elevator to get your luggage to the room so we walk upstairs with it. Little bit exercise not bad, our room was all different comparing the pictures on Booking.com,toilet was not working, we had this water flushing noise during 9 day,cockroaches coming out from toilet I guess.bathroom lock door was not working too. Iron not working, there is not cable tv, you get to watch only one channel... no wifi.oh and also you get to wake up every morning with the very loud house keeper crew kicking the walls and doors with theirs little car,really uncomfortable for your resting vacations. If I could have my money back I wouldn’t think twice before looking for another place to stay during my vacation but they don’t refund your money.

The location is great! Only a few steps to the beach.

The location was great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I thought this place said it had a pool. There is no pool. No ironing board to go with the iron. No coffee maker or microwave. The hotel is definitely dated.

The location was great. The staff was helpful and the room was super clean. It smelled nice in there.

Dis satisfied with the room request a refund
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The covers on the bed were out dated an not clean.The Tv only had 3 channels.There was no phone in the room.The locks on the door were old you had to slam the door In order to lock it. The bathroom was not clean nor up to date there was rust,an decoloration in the shower floors and around the knob an the towel rack and the sink, there were no stoppers for the shower nor the tub.The floors were not swept an were dirty with sand and hair.They ran out of face towels and body towels. They had no iron or blow dryer.The hotel was in a bad location a lot if foot traffic, drug users unwanted solicitors, garbage can was over pack tumbling to the ground of garbage.

Average
    • Queen Room

Abandoned buildings next door. Needs tlc attention to detail

Location to the beach unbeleavable, location to stores , resturaunts good , sheets , bedding and towels clean . Definitely dated and could use some tlc and attention to detail. The two buildings to the right are abandoned boarded up hotels does do good for the street appeal over good bang for the buck! I would go back! But if your looking for anything above average with amenities this is not ur place.

Browse Ocean Surf Hotel traveller photo gallery