Reviews of Ocean Blue Hostel 1 stars

#241 of 390 hotels in Miami Beach

Based on 1315 hostel reviews

Very disappointed
    • Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

THEY DON'T HAVE RULES PEOPLES TALK TIMES INSIDE THE ROOM... U CANT SLEEP .... It was 8:30 am, I went to speak with the manager about....& She say is k, is time to people weak up"" I say....this places there are 4 "sleep & take a shower."..if you want to talk ...you have to do that OUT SIDE... The manager didn't read you own contract I never go back...I never recomiend It was very durty....the truck can it was full

Horrible, worst hostel I’ve ever been in Miami
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The place was extremely loud, music all night ang people talking all night long. The person a the front desk was unhelphulf when I asked him to go and ask some people to be quiete at 4 am

Nothing. It was the worst hostel I’ve ever been. Loud, crowded, dirty and smelly.

We had a nice time right in the heart of South Beach.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It's above a club and the music is really loud that affects some of the rooms

Good value for money, excellent location right in front of the beach, clean room and bathroom, helpful and friendly staff

so good a place, I've been twice there already and am likely to make it three times soon
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

for its value-for-money ratio, I'd be funny if I didn't like something

It's an (uber)inexpensive entry to the (uber)cool South Beach, getting you right in the middle of the action!

Close to the ocean but horrible rooms
    • Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Some staff was really unfriendly and the room was really dirty and some people bunked their weed in the room and it smelled horrible The bathroom was nice but dirty and there’s not really a lot space to store your stuff in the room I wouldn’t choose this place again

I like that it was really close to the ocean and close to everything else The guy who did my check in was really nice

Beware. This place is a bargain but for good reason.

Don't bother making a reservation. Just show up and sign their check- in list. We made a reservation and were continually passed over by people that had just signed the check-in list. I would recommend acting like you're going to stay here in order to store your luggage before the check-in time at the hotel you will actually stay at.

I would not stay here again
    • Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Breakfast was so stale that you're better off skipping it completely. I stayed in a female dorm - there were 12 girls in a room on 4 beds with 3 bunks each. And only one restroom, so you can imagine. The beds are not built safely, in the night a girl fell from the top bunk and was hurt badly. If you do decide to stay, do not take the top bunk. Management is super unsupportive on phone but they're average when you talk to them in person. There is little coordination among them so no message ever gets delivered or acted upon, better to have all communication through booking.com.

The only thing I liked was location - right in front of a nice beach, very easy to walk over at any time in the night, and located in the middle of the party area, great food and bars all around.

Great experience, I stayed there alone and it didn't feel like it.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The beds not stacked up so high and maybe a place to sit and put your shoes on.

I've never stayed in a Hostel before and my experience was very comfortable and pleasant. The staff and guest/roommates were very nice and respectful to each others things . I would definitely stay there again when I return. 😆

Price is really good for what you get.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Wifi is awful. It does not work on the rooms. I had a major issue when checking out: the person who was supposed to be receiving the keys and giving back our deposits was gone and a line started forming. That was particularly upsetting because there are plenty of signs around the hostel advising guests of fines of all sorts if they break the hostel rules. Also they assign your bed: you can't choose it or change it. That is somewhat annoying since there aren't plugs in all of them and it is a triple bunk bed.90

Price is really good for what you get. Guests have a 50% off on VOODOO restaurant menu which really pays off. Bathroom is really nice and the cleaning staff is really efficient. They hold your luggage for a few hours free of charge.

Do not stay here do nit stay disgusting filthy
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Dirty stinky no tv working they are cheap

Staff rude Nothing in this place is good it’s DiISGUSTING and that lady in the morning at the desk Spanish lady Is rude the tv in the main area doesn’t work the rooms stink they don’t have anything good here people jamed up in a room that stinks no ventilation disgusting they don’t give you tissue our anything don’t except noth my good here I stayed out during my stay I was uncomfortable here they black guy was nice the one who works in the night

Good location, clean, can’t complain.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Being a party street l, be prepared for noisy drunks coming back to the room throughout the night. So if you expect uninterrupted sleeps then probably not the place for you. Personally I was fine with it as that’s all part of travelling.

Rooftop bar was great, Also Great location on Ocean drive. Everything is within walking distance.

I like the location
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Is not clean... Mattress , pillows & sheet has stain.... U should cover everything with plastic...(there is special pillos)... .in that way you don't have bedbug.. Just to see stain, change u feel welcome 😥

I like the location

terrible
    • Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

I have never experienced such a rude staff the girl who checked me in was not helpful at all.i went to pay for my key deposit and only had a 100 dollar bill she said she didnt have change and had no clue where to get it.....I tried downstairs at the bar the voodoo lounge the barman refused to give me change so i asked him if i bought a beer would he give me change then...he told me the cheapest drink is 18 dollars ,,,i said ok what about the beer,,,,he proceeded to tell me that it wasnt enough money and would not give me change if i bought the beer...at this point i was upset and said never mind.....he then said good luck in a sarcastic way!!!!!!!!!!!!!after i fianlly got change a t the fat tuesdays next door...i got back checked in and the girl didnt even help me with my liuggage and left it outside the door....in the night there was a gentleman working and i had returned to my room ...i like to put sheets up for a little privacy...he tore them down and said thats not allowed...i wanted to leave but i couldnt get my money back for the 2nd night.....it was horrible...i felt so uncomfortable......also the hallway smelt like urine....needless to say i would never stay there again

I liked the fact that it was close to the beach....right on ocean drive

Will definitely stay again
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Wifi connection was so law in the bedrooms that one has to go the reception to be able to use wifi. I wish there was a dryer and washing machine at a certain charge. I also think that the check-in time May be a bit earlier. Bar security must be informed about the hostel residents (we all wear blue bracelet) as we have a special discount with them.

Excellent location and excellent staff. It is a very clean hostel.

Nice breakfast, worse team.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

the employees of the hostel were not friendly or helpful, but I've the worst experience when one of the lady's that work in hostel resolve a problem of "changing beds" with the worst action: she took the stuff of people who did this and put in the floor. When me and meu boyfriend came to the hostel a guy was in the bed that she said that was ours, and when I said to her that in the bed there was thing of someone else she said: take it off there, it's your bed. Of course I didn't do this (I can't touch in things that don't belong to me!) and she change us our beds because we as for it and we don't want trouble with another visitor. But she did this with another person in our room: took the things and put in the FLOOR. It was ridiculous. Another Thing: it was not normal the huge noise in the room with music until 4 am - there is a club bellow and on top of the hostel. And the is no security: the door separating the rooms to the reception was always open. But for me the red alert was how the employees were rude with the visitors.

Breakfast was nice.

Fabulous location for the price!
    • Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

A waiter rushed me because he was leaving his shift, wanted to bumb a cigarette and then wouldn't give me the 50% off??! The blonde woman standing around outside, a possible manager needs to really put a smile on her face -

I love the new layer of the lower DJ and rearrangement of bar- the gelato looks lovley in front of the entrance- breakfast on th roof top EXCELENT idea!! Always love the ambiance at the Voo Doo lounge, quiet or loud-Josie and her crew of people very helpful and friendly!!'

They create the atmosphere of being alone in a room full of people
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Most cramped hostel room I've ever stayed in (expected given the prime location). There are a lot of rules eg don't hang your towel over the side of the bed: literally where am I supposed to put a wet towel? Even with ac it gets incredibly humid in the 12 bed room. Multiple plug sockets were unuseable because the bed frame blocked them, the others were directly over other people's beds. The staff were funny about me leaving my laptop to charge under the front desk. Atmosphere is dull and unsociable, everyone was silent on their phones the whole time. (Not strictly the hostels fault, just saying) Package night out offered was sexist. I believe it was $30 for men and $20 for women. Don't know if this is normal in America

Location was good

Very cheap and perfect location.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Staff was totally not interested and not helpful and the dorm was very dirty. Not a good place to meet new people.

Very cheap and perfect location. Breakfast was ok. Rooftop was great and the 50% of is a very good deal

Great location; sweet shower- everything else needs a smile attached.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

staff was mean; not friendly; couldn't check in at 3 PM but breakfast could be late; no storage for luggage arriving before 3 PM

the location was the only good thing - which, is fine.

Worst stay ever.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The staff was very unfriendly and not helpful, I've never experienced something like that before. Customers/guests first? Definitely not here! Our room and bathroom were dirty and they stored some of their own things in our room, so that the already limited space was even less. As if that wasn't enough already, the beds were super uncomfortable as well. If we wouldn't have prepaid this place we would have left.

The only good thing about this place is the location.

I wouldn’t recommend coming to this hostel
    • Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The manager was so rude to me and my friends. The rooms were dirty. The beds were uncomfortable. There was construction going on early in the morning while we were trying to sleep. The rooftop breakfast was bad. The milk was warm. The manager just can’t manage.

50 percent off food

I liked how you got half off drinks on the bar downstairs ,...
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The mattress was a little flat . Didn’t get much of a view . Tight space. Also they gave thin sheets not covers.

I liked how you got half off drinks on the bar downstairs , I also appreciated the fact they cleaned the rooms daily . Restaurants and store were within walking distance and the beach was right across the street !

They clean the bathrooms everyday, yet some people are very...
    • Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

We got tickets for a club with the hostel and got promised a pre-game, party bus and VIP area with bottles. Yet when we got to the club we didn't have any VIP area or bottles. The breakfast is only from 8-9am.

They clean the bathrooms everyday, yet some people are very messy and dirty so it's a hit or miss. They hosts are nice. The location is dope, in the center of Ocean Drive and all the partying.

Do not go if you want to sleep before 5am
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The noise was unbearable from about 7pm to 5am. Even with earplugs; it was impossible to sleep which is no surprise given there are 2 clubs-one club right above and another right below the hostel.

Great people in the hostel, lots of events planned in the evenings and bathroom was well kept.

Stressful experience
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The staff asked me $55,00 wen I checked in. Wen I checked out, he returned me $25,00. The staff in reception are really bad behavior, how coud I forget how much I gave him? He didn't provide me any receipt about that, it was his word againt mine. Off course I Lost $30,00.

Great location, friendly stuff.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

There is not a kitchen nor common room, therefore there is no mutual life in a hostel, great for a simple overnight stay, two days is already too long, I stayed three. You are not allowed to bring your food or alcohol (or even drink it) in your room.

Great location, friendly stuff.

Good price, but complicated.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The rooms hasn't windows to open, so it's claustrofobic and smelling bad. They didnt provide blanket and the room is very very cold. One member of the staf (S.) wasnt receptive. Check-in only starts at 3pm, but we need to wait until 5pm due to a huge queue line. The booking said that we need to pay only at arrival, but when we arrive, they already charged our credit card, so we want to pay with money, but it was not possible anymore. The breakfast is limited, just one bread/person. There is a loud music so is difficult to sleep. 1 bathroom for 12 people (it's ok, but just let you know). In summary, it's ok if you're going for one or two night.

The price was good. Excellent location. Mattress confortable

Good location, but this also was a bad thing as it was...
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The noise - night clubs above and below, sheets were dirty and bathroom common areas were not very clean.

Good location, but this also was a bad thing as it was really loud.

The location is really good.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The wifi wasn’t good, one blowdryer for all hotel really? and the staff very stuff

The location is really good. Close to the beach,bars and good restaurants.

nice location but tough stuff plus need more comfort for highly price
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

main receptionist lady in the norning is too tough and unfriendly, rooms are big but messy, bath need clean up more often

location and rooftop breakfast with ocean view

Thanks God was only one night.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Bathroom and room full of sand, requested someone to clean but no one went there. Uncomfortable bed, towels smelling bed, rude staff.

Just the location and the price

Not staying or recommending this place again unfortunately, even though the location was centric.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The bed was uncomfortable and dirty. The staff was not friendly at all. The breakfast was not served in a clean environment. It was loud at all times of the night.

The location was great.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

One of the staff members, Sam, who checked my friends and I in was not pleasant to deal with. He was super sarcastic, rude and had a smirk on his face the whole time. Mattress cover was dirty. It had a bunch of stains. We stayed at an all female room and they were covered in makeup and more. Sheets were OK. Stayed at this hostel many times before and this must of been the worst experience so far.

The location was great. Love how your hostel bracelet gives you access and a 50% off at Voodoo (the rooftop). Bathroom was clean.

If you just need a place to sleep and enjoy the beach the price is ok
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Messy and weird, kinda a hard place to find. You only get ONE breakfast item a day they dont let you go back for a second helping.

The location was great near the beach

The location is great!
    • Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Room with 12 beds and only one bathroom for room, no shared bathrooms and there is $25 deposit that is not on the ‘property rules’, is only on the ‘important information’ so is not that clear when you do the reservation that you need that deposit IN CASH ONLY, most people don’t see that, I saw lots of people coming and then having to go find an ATM or a bank to get the money. Also the WiFi doesn’t work in the rooms it only works at the front desk. There is no kitchen so you can’t cook and we are not allowed to eat or drink in the room.

The location is great! Close bars, restaurants, CVS, seven eleven, banks, clubs and right by the beach

Friendly staff.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Friendly staff. The hostel allows you to meet persons from all over the world, in addition to the offer to experience Miami through their organized parties.

Great location :)
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Wasn’t clean at all, there were works going on on the first floor. Also the staff are not that interested in you as a guest. You are just a number for them. Location is good , that’s it

Great location :)

Rude staff ,very slow check-in, Too much noise in night
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Beds weren't good. Too much sound noise from neighbor buildings whole night.. food and drinks are not allowed inside premises. Rude behavior of front desk lady.. check-in process extemly slow... waited for around 2 hours before our check-in number came after 3 pm.

The price and the location.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

I know it’s a bargain but you say « female only » and I have 3 or 4 men in my dort room. We are not supposed to eat drink or smoke and people had spoken pots and were storing loads of food there. The noise from the club upstairs is so amazing I could have been sleeping in it, would be the same. But hopefully I was dead tired...

The price and the location. People in the room were quite respectful although we were 12...

The location was great.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The air conditioning was soooooo cold esp with only a sheet to sleep with. The staff were so miserable. The toilet in Room 1 was very faulty - not always filled by up with water to be able to be flushed.

The location was great. Bed was fairly comfortable. Voo soo lounge has great food! And a 50% discount for staying at the hostel.

Decent stay for one night
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Given it’s location, the party noise goes long and loud for those who sleep before midnight. Bring your own lock for the lockers in your room. It’s not the most comfy bed but it is what you pay for.

I liked how it was right in front of south beach and near a lot of dining options. We were able to check in late at 11pm because we didn’t land till 10:30pm.

Front desk staff are horrible and rude!
    • Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Front desk staff are horrible and rude! Honestly the only good thing about the hostel is the location. Even check-in is a hassle, you wait hours after check-in time just to be checked in.

Great location and 50% discount made it bearable for 1 night stay, but wouldn't come again.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The check in was very slow, there was annoying music playing very loudly in the hall upon arrival. We also had to cash out the money for the deposit - 25$ each as they refused to accept euros, even though we stayed only for one night. The beds were dirty, luckily the sheets were clean. There was one bathroom, together with the toilet for 12 bed room what made it very slow in the morning. Also the air conditioning was on very low temperatures (around 45 F), and it was difficult to find out how to deal with it, especially when the massive signs told - don't touch it. No free parking available.

we got 50 % discount for the rooftop bar, which considering the prices of that location in Miami saved us a lot of money

The guy in the check in is nice.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

1h of breakfast, dirty, young girl in the check in is always in a bad mood & not proactive, bad if you have to climb to the 3rd bed.

The guy in the check in is nice. Guys upstairs are fun.

I would only recommend this place to people who need to spend the night time there.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The place seems to be designed for people only sleeping there. It's more a fact than the thing I can ask to change since it seems quite logical.

The location is great, beds are comfortable. For this price such a place is nice to stay at.

Great location for beach lovers 💏
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

3 level bunk beds, very much crowded 12 people in a room and only 1 bathroom for 12. No kitchen facilities, night club run all night every night upstair. Loud music comes in bedroom all night. Weak WiFi in bedroom. Breakfast was only basic. Price is too high for the value.

Nice staff... Good service, good social space. Perfect location near the beach 🏖

avoid this place.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

dirty, bad receptionists service, over crowded, and the feeling that the fotos in the site look far far away from reality

nothing, and i asked to leave after the first night though i reserved two. i prefered to pay again in another hostel, and not to stay there. money for second night was not given back of course....

Ok
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

First time in a hostel that makes people wait in line 3 hours to check in starting check in time and only after waiting announces everyone needs a cash deposit. A total efficiency feel and takes away everyone's time. Also seems like local friends and people ar allowed to stay for free in the common area.

Location qas great.

Don’t go there,the worst place I have ever stayed.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Don’t go there,the worst place I have ever stayed.so much noisy so much there is cafe at roof and you can’t sleep at all.dont waste of your money listen me

Horrendous sum+ s it up.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

It was 100% the most disgusting facility I've ever seen. My Bed had period stains on it. They refused to change it. And there were postings everywhere reminding everybody that if they did anything wrong, meaning of breaking one of their many rules, they would charge you extra money on the credit card that they kept on file! #nice

The only thing I liked was at the beach was across the street. But they can't be credited for that

Breakfast was good as well as the place to eat it - a...
    • Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Officially no wifi in the rooms, only in the lobby - unexceptable! Dirty sheets - my pillow had someone’s hair on it! No blankets - could be an issue during the cool winter nights.

Breakfast was good as well as the place to eat it - a rooftop terrace overlooking the beach. Pebbled floor showers impressed me the most though! ;) Pretty unique location for such money.

Yes, I’d come back.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Alright, I’d like to start saying that according to the price you don’t have to demand or Expect to much. My room’s window was just faced to the ocean dr. It was very noisy due the Partys outside. On the other hand, the mattress on the bed had a small smell of urine, however, they give you a set of sheets and towel (very clean by the way, but just once, so you have to keep them clean). My second day the fire alarm turned on like 4:00 am, and everybody were running out, it was a false alarm, nothing was happening -thanks god- And the other thing i have to say They were doing some remodeling work on the ground floor and the sound was very loud at 7 in the morning. They should start those jobs later because at that time everyone is sleeping.

The location is perfect. Everything is close to it. Beach, bars, restaurants. It’s located in the vibrant heart of South Beach in the ocean Dr. There is bar in the roof top of the building and you have 50% off in absolutely everything you order, that’s amazing.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Very noisy, loud music all night long, no place to leave wet towels (I slept it on bed), no wi-fi in the room, only lobby, no free shower facilities, no free locker, no shower door. One toilet and shower for 12 people. You have to prepare bed by yourself and wear blue band on arm everywhere

Bang for your money!

It was a bit loud.

-I loved the continental breakfast. -The Lobby and the tv room. -The customer service (ranging from the desk guy to the cleaning ladies).

Disappointed by everything except the location
    • Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Only one bathroom (shower + toilet) for 12 people!!!! You have to wait 2hrs every morning just to get 5mn in the bathroom to get ready Contrary to the description you don't have a beach towel or shampoo/shower gel. No hair drier either Employees are not very nice

The only good thing about this hostel is the location. You're 2mn away from the beach

The breakfast was great

Staff could definitely work on their customer service skills. Also, the towels provides for us were very dirty. Wifi only offered in the lobby.

The breakfast was great

Beach is right a cross the street
    • Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

AC didn’t work, people running in and out the room the whole night, high humidity in the room - we felt really uncomfortable

Beach is right a cross the street

The localization.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I was in room 6 bed 2. The mattress was horrible. There only one toilet inside the room for 12 people. The check in started at 15:00 and my bed was with the previos bedlinen dirty.the staff taked the dirty away but had to put the clean by myself. Only becouse they received a small package from the post for me I had to pay 8 dollar to get this at reception.

The localization.

Nice bathroom, good location
    • Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Breakfast - tasty but it was served on street without any seats and tables!!! Rooms - no food and no drink alowed, it wasn't written anywhere before. There isnt any space where to put our stuffs, no seats, no chairs, no table. Restaurant - we wanted go eat one times at the afternoon but it was closed!!

Nice bathroom, good location

To be honest just the location due to it's so near from...
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

In fact it's so dirty the mattress looks so old and dirty as well the towels are dirty too it was really uncomfortable

To be honest just the location due to it's so near from the beach

I would not come back there if I do not have to.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The staff was rude and not helpful at all, they did not care about customers´ needs. The room and the sheets were quite dirty. Poor breakfast. Wifi barely works and only in the public area, which is the reason why it is often crowded.

Perfect location, right in front of the beach and in the center of the movida.

They take my credit card copy which is not right.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

They take my credit card copy which is not right.i said I can give cash .foranyproblem . For a deposit . it is not good policy to Have our credit copy is .they Did not give it back when I left .it is policy they said

It was on the strip of south beach for all the nightlife.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The beds were not made upon arrival, it was very unclean to me and things were falling apart in the bathroom. Being a person who has stayed in hostels, they did not set the bar high.

It was on the strip of south beach for all the nightlife.

I would not recommend this hostel to my dog....
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Some of the staff was really mean,especially the Spanish Woman who sit at the forth desk...She need to fix her mannerism...Also to many beds are in one room...They also should of had wifi in the rooms...

The food was nice.

A good location for a few money
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The breakfast was a litle bit poor and you can choose just one type of food. Also the breakfast time is to short

The hostel is exaclty on the front of the the beach on famous street Ocean Drive. They have a rooftop restaurant and club where you can eat delicious food with 50% discount.

It's worst place to stay!
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

- Breakfast: it's only from 8am to 9am (when most people are sleeping) and it's just one banana and one sandwich or donut. That's it. You can't repeat it. - It's very unsafe to leave the belongings! (anybody could entry the room from street even wthout a key - it's enough just to knock the door. During our 3 days stay there was a theft in other room. - it's very noisy, you can't sleep cause every 15 min smb is entering or leaving the room. - The staff is unpleasant. - Dodgy deposit system - you must leave it only by cash. There are penalties if you late even 1 minute to check out or if you miss the pilow case ;]]

Loved it as usual.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I wish they offered more for common areas, but the lounge upstairs is always an easy go to as well.

Always love how close to the beach it is, I am a frequent guest at this property.

Easy and direct public bus from airport to close by the...
    • Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

3 level bunk beds were not easy to climb to. Even worse was trying to make my own bed. 1 bathroom /shower for 12 girls in the dorm was not an easy task. Breakfast was nothing special. Internet did not work in the girls room. The entrance to the hostel (elevator to 2nd floor) is not recognizible.

Easy and direct public bus from airport to close by the hostel. Staff was very helpful when I needed to go to ER.

Reasonable short stay
    • Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The entrance was a bit hard to spot, but it didn't give any insecure feelings. Just a bit loud and noisy at night due to many clubs downstair. Taking the third bunk bed is not the best option for ones who are super scared of heights like me but I did manage, but never again. It's quite hot up there at night and freezing in the lower beds.

The bed wasn't comfy as I thought it would be but it's reasonable for a nightly crash. It's extremely value for a short stay, it has good breakfast and nice clean bathroom. The staff are nice and easy to chat with.

Fun
    • Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

No amenities at all (eg kitchen) but you’re in south beach, the price is good just for a place to rest your head.

Best location ever. The price alone is worth it for half price food and drinks at the bar upstairs. Each room has own bathroom (even if there are 12 to a room)

Ocean front hostel
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Cash only for the key deposit.

Brand new hostel. Beautiful bathrooms in each dorm. Beds are triple level and rooms have an ocean front spectacular view. Voodoo lounge is upstairs and you get drink discounts. Ocean drive nightlife is downstairs and the beach is across the street.

I do not think any other SOBE Hostels can stand up to Ocean Blue & Restaurant they get an (A)

No Tea option for breakfast No Beach towels

The staff was curtious I must say thee breakfast could be stepped up and they need to bring back providing beach towels.Aside from that my stay was Amazing and ibwas lucky to room with a great group of girls. I will definitely stay again.

It's fine if you don't have any ecpectation.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It was first time in my life when I stay at hostel, pay for this and I need make bed by myself. Free breakfast is available just between 8-9 am. Towels didn't smell well. At the roof is club, so if you looking for quite place, find different one.

As a hostel guest, they give you 50% off for food in resteraunt at the roof, where is really good and tasty food. Very close to beach. Lots of shops, clubs and restaurante around.

Great value for money would recommend
    • Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Was kinda hard finding at first as it's crammed in between 2 restaurants down a little alley

Great location opposite the beach, great value for money

Good price, close to the beach, No refrigerator or a place to get cold water. NO COMMON AREAS
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It is a good place considering its proximity to the beach. However, no common areas or kitchen, not even a refrigerator to store your cold water. Front desk staff is not very friendly and they don't seem to care much. Sometimes, you want a bit more than a cheap hostel. The hostel is clean the bathrooms are very nice.

Browse Ocean Blue Hostel traveller photo gallery