Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham Oceanside 3 stars

1501 Carmelo Drive, Oceanside, CA 92054, USA

#11 of 26 hotels in Oceanside

This was a very clean hotel. The staff was very friendly and if we had questions the were more than happy to answer them. We liked it so much we stayed an extra night.

On our stay they were painting the parking lot and I was asked several times to move my car and the workers were upset when I tried to move one place to another That’s the only inconvenience I had which I know it wasn’t the hotels fault other than that everything great.

Helpful & complementary Breakfast Friendly staff

They did not offer bagels for breakfast.

I liked the fact that it was right by the water. The lady that checked me in told me about the Farmers Market going on that night, we went and walked and ate dinner and had a really good time. She was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area and what was going on.

Hotel looks like a Motel 6 on the outside and is next to train track. Ocean is not close like described. Homeless people area.

Rooms freshly remodeled and very nice. Continental breakfast is basic fare.

Asked for room with a sea view when booked and also requested such when checking in. Got a room facing a trailer park ! No coffee at breakfast as it ran out of supply, also very limited options and over crowded.

Only the space and comfort of the room.

more parking spaces would have been nice

the hotel was close to the beach. the hot tub was a nice touch. the bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows

The continental breakfast, little small, but we were told it was small. Could use a bit of an upgrade. I know there are food places surraounding you, but some of us like light and quick.

Rooms were clean, fridge worked!, easy access to freeway, staff was friendly and helpful.

Saturday night i had to park my truck on the street. I was furious and the parking out there said no parking from 2am-6am. The front desk person said there was nothing he could do. The phone in the room did not work and restroom sink needed to be clogged out.

Days Inn was by the beach which was excellent and the restaurants at the marina were great as well. We took an infant and the accomodated us with a crib.

Homeless guy taking a bath in the hot tub was a poor first impression, due to an insecure pool area. Laundry consists of a single washer and single dryer, coin-operated ($1.50/$1.00) requiring a key on a stick from the front desk.

Served the purpose while househunting in the area. The room was clean with basic amenities. Check-in and check-out were courteous and quick. Ample well-lit parking spaces. Easy walking distance to some nice water-front restaurants, and a reasonable walk into downtown Oceanside. Easy access to the Camp Pendleton main gate.

We loved the hotel and location. The beds were very comfy. The toilet broke first night, but things happen. We really enjoyed our stay and will be back!

Could definitely use an update. We had a blood stain on our sheets and the bedding was old. There was also a homeless lady washing her clothes in the hot tub. They should definitely think about getting a keypad on the pool gate. Anyone could just walk in.

It’s a close walk to the beach.

The cost was way to high for what I didn't get in the location. Parking was horrible, and people were rude.

The room had an iron and ironing board.

Hard to say. As Days Inns go this one was near or at the top.

Just off the main road but easily reached. Pleasantly quiet at the back of the property, large room. The Oceanside fishing harbour with its bars and restaurants is just down the hill and easily reached.

The path to the beach was a little tough to walk. The pool and hot tub had a lot of sand in it and looked dirty.

They people were friendly. The rooms were clean.

Bed was uncomfortable. Not a real king. Bed frame was broken. Stuck out and scratched my leg. Went to hospital for infection.

Front desk lady was nice.

We had a down stairs room. We did not sleep because the floor from upstairs squeaks and it was lound and annoying called the front desk and said nothing they can do. If you stay there get upstairs room.

Room was clean

Checking in was very pleasant & friendly experience with our clerk it was nice & clean. Beautiful view. Walking distance to harbor shops & restaurant's. Very reasonable prices on souvenirs. We had a great time.

A very small point: Two ( Twinings) teabags were provided- one Earl Grey , which I don’t like , the other was English breakfast ( good) but in decaf form. I know the lovely staff at Reception would have changed them

Kind and cheerful reception. My room had a sea view. The bed and bathroom etc. were very good for the price

Having to check out :-(

My fiancé and I LOVE this Days Inn, its our little gem place to get away! It’s always so super clean, the staff is amazing. Beds are nice and comfy. Great pool and a jacuzzi. The breakfast is nice also. Nice little walk to The Harbor with great shopping and place to eat. Oceanside Pier is just a little drive with fun things to also do there.

We were unable to get the wifi working on our iphones. We contacted the front desk and they tried to assist as well but then gave us another number to call to get support. Never did get the wifi working.

A short walk to the beach and the harbor. A little dated but for the price well worth it.

Jacuzzi too small, beds too old not so comfortable. breakfast could be better.( better bread, muffins) Carpet in room old. If I came again I would ask for a upper floor, you can hear people above walking.

location near the harbor and restaurants, you could walk to them. Price of room was reasonable.

The continental breakfast is okay, just simple and not much of a variety.

My family and I came out for the weekend for my daughter's soccer tournament.The Days Inn was better then I thought. The property and rooms are clean and kept up. Definitely a decent, comfy place to stay. It's a nice location for a good price. Ask for a pool view, you can see the harbor and beach.

The room doors don’t “seal” so you if it’s windy or breezy outside you’ll get a bit of a draft. Also you can hear the traffic on nearby I-5 due to this.

Clean and comfy. Very convenient to the base and the beach and marina. The decor is up to date and in new condition.

Water pressure , made for a horrible lengthy shower...It actually took away from conservation of water in Cali 😐

We liked , that it was not to close to the harbor , but not far either...It was a nice walk to restaurants.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

The air from the air conditioner blows right on the bed, so it was a little chilly while sitting there. A minor inconvenience.

We were evacuated due to the Lilac Fire. This offered just what we needed for the night. Ultra clean, nothing fancy, but perfect for the situation. And the heated floor in the bathroom was a nice touch.

Roaches, uncomfortable bed and pillows, insufficient blankets, aggravated my allergies, clerk gave me a key to a room that already had someone inside it

Near the beach

the first time I did't bring my own hair dryer and the one in the hotel didn't work.

the staff was really nice and informational .I traveled to see my grandson before he was deployed .He is a Marine .We had a wonderful time

Breakfast options were extremely limited. Vending machine wasn't working.

It was comfortable enough to get by and it was close to the harbor village and beach. It felt worth it in that sense!

They have rats! They also have a ant problem in the bathrooms. The staff was very rude when I told them about the issues and accused me of lying. Never will I stay there again.

The room got cold very fast, the noise from the highway was permanent. Tried to walk to the beach but there were homeless people living in the bushes behind the property. We chose to drive. There should be a warning about this safety issue especially for female and underage guests.

The location and staff was friendly

The room didn't have any couch or chair to sit in. Just the bed and a small table.

The location was the best part. The beach and the harbor are both so close.

The walk to the beach is a pain but getting to the marina is easy and it offers plenty of dining and activities that are water related; fishing trips, whale watching trips etc.

The room was amazingly clean. The maids service was very accommodating;extra coffee, extra towels,the two ladies rust we dealt with at the front desk were great. The one that was there upon our arrival spent at least 10 minutes answering or questions and directing us for dining and activities and she did so with such a friendly attitude.

It has a pool & hot tub with a view of the harbor & ocean. There is a train that runs through, but we never heard it in our room. The kids LOVED this! It's also a short walk to the wharf. The kids, big & small loved walking through the train tunnel on the way to the wharf! The wharf has shops, food, & lots of boats in the harbor. At the end of the wharf you are at the beach with picnic tables & lifeguards. I will stay again!

Need to be sure carpet and bedding/mattress are clean. Spa needs to be kept clean. 'Breakfast' was pretty meager

First room was #123, and carpet smelled like it was urine soaked. Possible that mattress was as well; note that this was an 'accessible' unit. Second room was 202, about half the size, but clean. Tiny door into the bathroom, and toilet not sitting flush on the floor so it 'rocks' . Need to know also that the hotel sits right off the freeway, so road noise is pronounced. Spa water 'green' consistently, only one jet working. Otherwise, enjoyed the stay at a very reasonable rate.

Ants, and bugs in the room. received bug spray upon request and they were gone the remainder of the stay.

Good view from the room we were in and great location, we did not have to move the car the entire weekend, everything was within walking distance.

Didn't care for the the pillows Bulky and small

Very friendly close to beach enjoy going back every year couple x if possible always stay there unless booked out

Having to go home :-(

Continental breakfast was decent. The front office staff was amazing very helpful, friendly and very professional. I will definitely stay here again. The swimming pool and jacuzzi was perfect!! Nice comfy clean rooms. Housekeeping was wondeful also

Booked two rooms, one with double beds, one with a king--the king-size bed did NOT happen; both rooms had queen beds. Breakfast area did not have milk for cereal, and coffee dispensers were empty. It seems no one was monitoring the room.

The continental breakfast was just okay and the room where breakfast was served was too small for the number of guest trying to use it. I would recommend just planning on having breakfast somewhere else.

The location was great if you are spending time at the harbor. The staff was exceptionally friendly and eager to accommodate our needs. The hotel is a budget hotel, but clean.

AC went off and on all night...Group of young people making loud noises around 1am... Perhaps a nicer breakfast, but it was quick and easy.

Staff was great and very helpful. Beds and room was very comfortable and updated. Parking was very easy, location great and view was great overlooking marina.

How early the pool closed.

I love the views. It sits in a great location and is an easy walk to the beach. The pool is nice but just wish it stayed open later. My company booked me a room last year for work and I brought my kids down with me and made it a mini vacation. It turns out this is our new family tradition to stay at this hotel and my kids couldn't be happier.

Crying child, parents disagreeing in room next door, then room above on second night

Easy access to beach; close to restaurants; front desk at check in and check out helpful with directions, also events happening in area. Excellent security

The room smelled bad, very musty. The walk to the beach is down a steep dirt hill. Right next to the train.

The location is close to the marina (shops, dining).

The room due to the weather was very muggy so I would have just said if they could even crack a window that would have helped

I was a little worried staying at a Days Inn but we had to go with te best rated at the lowest price- my daughter and I were literally shocked to see a very clean updated room with all appliances (microwave, refrigerator, iron/board, tv etc)

It was so full it was hard to find a parking. Our room was close to the office and we had to park on the other side of the hotel.

Comfortable nice hotel and descent price! I would stay there again! Great service!

Didn't Like the fact that the Room they gave us was upstairs and there was a railroad track that had a train every 30 minutes to an hour come by. Not very easy to sleep there. Not very happy with the price I paid.Nor was I really happy with the breakfast that was offered.

The property should be expanded to a larger swimming pool area with more tables and chairs. The back hard sand surface to the beach walk was pretty dangerous to walk down with a big metal pipe sticking out that at night, anyone walking up or down that hard sanded walkway and unsafe because no railing, could fall and hurt themselves badly. Especially seniors and children! That is something I didn't like. Also, there should be a nicer staircase leading up to the second floor. Although I was at the bottom, the staircase seemed very long and dangerously hard as I saw someone pulling their luggage up and felt sorry for that person for there should be an elevator to get up there. There was also a woman yelling upon arrival and that created a bad impression on my family. We also heard her again on the very last day. Who is she and why was she yelling??

As there were no eggs and hot waffles, everything else seemed nice.

The price from you was what expected to pay when call the hotel they said the price was the same got there they added 20.00 dollars more.

The bed comfortable and quite close to the beach

Breakfast, parking, room's carpet, noisy , in general the room was super old. The entire hotel needs to be remodeled ASAP and then you can charge $195 for a two queen size room.

Close to the harbor

Beds were a little hard, and being near the tramway was annoying sound wise. But all in all we liked it and had a wonderful time.

I liked the location and the staff were friendly. Melania checked us in and gave gifts to my kids. You're basically paying for the location and that's what we went for so the price wasn't too bad. Loved how we could just walk to the beach. The pool was nice as well.

There were toiletries in the room. Only 1 bar of soap. I would have preferred two. One for bathing and the other to use to wash my hands at the sink.

The room was nice and clean. Bed was comfortable and I felt very safe staying here alone.

Air condition fan wouldn't stay on it cycled on and off all night disrupting sleep along with a train that is right beside the motel.

Location to beach

Breakfast ran out early

Excellent location. We were placed on the back where we could see the ocean view. Very clean and updated. Close to restaurants and a short walk to the beach. We even had the unfortunate event of our battery dying and the staff eagerly came and gave us a jump.

Room smelled 'musty'. Price was a little high after all costs were added. Room was in need of some small repairs.

Location near Oceanside beach, quiet, easy to find, friendly staff.

The beach had major construction going on with harbor pipe gushing water from huge pipe

Walking distance to beach. Totally inline with our budget to stay in a clean respectable room without glamour and glitz of So. CA image.

1. dryer left marks on my clothes 2. train was super noisy every 20 minutes 3. breakfast was ridiculous, owner is a cutting corners 4. carpet was super dirty 5. rooms were way over-priced for putting up with all this ($120/night)

not much

Great location with an ocean view. The staff were so kind & helpful. Free WiFi, wow! Huge guest rooms with comfortable beds, beautiful bed linens, refrigerator & microwave. Awesome outdoor pool & hot tub.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Our bed was broken the first 2 nights we were there making my husbands back back even worse. We asked to be moved to another first floor room but was told nothing was available (they did offer a 2nd floor room but that is hard on hubby's knees). Bed was fixed 3rd day of stay Also, the remote for the TV only worked if you stood 1 ft in front of TV - this included after putting new batteries in remote. I've stayed in many Days Inn hotels, some nicer than others of course depending on how old they are. This was definatly the most run down one we've stayed in.

office and cleaning staff were very nice. They tried to help but I dont think they had the authorization to help us more (see dont like comments)

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

One thing we noticed is that it's right along the train tracks so occasionally we heard trains going by.

We loved the pool and hot tub and the great location to Oceanside Harbor and the beach.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Bed bugs in first room they gave us, dead bug and dirty syrup stuff in tub of alternative room. THe coffee maker was clogged and didn't pass water. The carpets were DIRTY. It was not a clean hotel. The staff member was very pleasant though.

According to site, no food was included. We didn't stay due to bed bugs in room.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

I don't have anything to complain about Days Inn except when I went the weather wasn't great so I wasn't able to go to the pool. Next time I will!

I liked how close it was to the beach. Everything was either walking distance or a short drive away. Checking in/out was easy and the woman at the desk was very friendly. Definitely plan to book here again.

The bed wasn't very comfortable and we spend the night tossing and turning, but that might also just have been because it wasn't a bad we were used to. The walls are a little thin, so we could hear the TV in the next room, but maybe they just had their volume way up.

The location to the harbor is excellent, and even the location to downtown and the beaches and pier is excellent. The staff seemed nice, and it's nice that the provide breakfast in the morning. We've stayed here like 3 or 4 times, and it's never been a bad experience.

Around the pool could have little nicer landscaping.

They gave us a room on back side that faced the harbor and beach. Great view. The room looked remodeled and was very nice and roomy. Coffee, ref. and microwave. Nice size TV. The pool and spa are very nice. Walked down a trial to harbor parking lot and several nice restaurants.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

The staff at this hotel was exceptionally kind and understanding. Room was clean and did not smell bad at all. Linens were old but entire room was very clean. Best part of staying here, O-Side Harbor and Beach is a 5minute walk away.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Breakfast at typical American motel standards - too sweet, bad coffee, no quality at all.

You can leave your car at the parking. A 5 min walk to Yacht Harbour and restaurants , connecting to the Beach. But you should not be afraid to use the unpaved footpath and the subway under the railway line. I didn't feel unsafe. But at dark it is recommended to have a flashlight, just for the few meters that are not lit. Over all it is a standard chain motel.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

The hot tub was closed but they didn't say anything when I was reserving the room , was kinda the reason I had picked the hotel but we still really enjoyed the room even with the power outage.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

The outside looks a little sketchy, but rooms are very clean and comfortable. The hair dryer on my room was broken, but didn't cause any major inconveniences. Towels were very old and stiff, so I did buy my own.

The female at the front desk was super sweet! She assisted me with both checking in, and checking out. Was very pleasant and helpful with obtaining a later check out time.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

More of a maintenance issue but I noticed that the floor in the bathroom was hot so I asked if the floors were heated. They are not so I'm assuming that there is a hot water leak somewhere- I'm a plumber and I notice these things. I reported it to the office. I was in room 138.

Location was great. Great room and facility was very nice

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• King Bedroom

There is a train line that runs right past the hotel but it doesn't get used much at night.

A real gem. Our room had been recently renovated and was immaculate. Located close to the harbour, beach and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Attended a party in Oceanside. It made a great crashpad. Great price and close enough to walk back to. Slept in, so I don't know if they have breakfast. I would definitely stay again. Staff was excellent as well.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

I felt as if I was racially profiled. My boyfriend and I book hotels every so often because I live in San Diego and he lives in Los Angeles. I am eighteen and I'm Latina. My boyfriend is 19 and he's white. When I checked in the person in the front called the manager saying that I was eighteen. I thought it was no problem. On the website it doesn't say you need to be 21 to check in. The manager came out and told me that if I were to bring alcohol they would turn me over to the police and said it in a very stern voice. He then turned to my boyfriend, smiled and said that it was ok for him to have boos because he "looked 21". I think it was completely unnecessary to make that contrast. He could have just said that since I am underage to please not alcohol in the room. My boyfriend also felt as if he were racially profiled for being white. I understand that it's his job to make sure everything is in order but I think it was unacceptable the way he spoke to me.

I loved that it was clean and close to town and also the ocean.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Breakfast was so-so, but if one really needed to eat it was good to have a bite.

The place was great. Wonderful location, nice staff, comfy and quiet sleep.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

I was not looking for luxury at prices.

The value for money was very location to walk harbor,freeways, and coast. The staff was very friendly and rooms clean. It does need furniture update but your at beach. If you are looking strictly business and meeting clients not that motel. It's great family motel for price and breakfast is sufficient and healthy.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• 2 Queen Bedroom

Walls a little thin...could hear our neighbors. Seemed expensive for a motel.

Great location for our activity at the harbor. Loved that wee could walk.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Ants!!!

The room was really nice until the ants came out. Two of the four family members were asleep when I callled. They offered us a new room. The pool had a great view. They did take $25 off the bill.

Browse Days Inn by Wyndham Oceanside traveller photo gallery