Reviews of Daytona Beach Oceanside Inn 3 stars

1909 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118, USA

#61 of 82 hotels in Daytona Beach

6.2

At the counter checking in the desk clerk was rude to a customer already staying in his room. Very unprofessional but was pleasant to me

Walk out the back door BOOM BEACH

• Beachfront Double Room

The hotel didn't look like the pictures. The furniture in room looked rough. The pictures and decorations was outdated. The windows was dirty couldn't really see the view. The windows in the room leaked. The elevators shook. There was no remote for tv. The phone didnt work. The breakfast wasnt really that great. The staff was the best thing about the hotel. They was really nice and very helpful.

I liked it was right on beach. I liked the bar being inside and by pool. The staff was really nice and helpfully.

• Double Room with Parital Ocean View

No working phones. Filthy iron. Everything there is worn out. Forget about an extra blanket if you’re cold. It’s unsettling to see water damage that appears to have mold growing and to my understanding it wasn’t only my room.

Staff was polite

This was a great property. We have been coming to Daytona for years and this one was really nice. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The room was clean. We had everything we needed to enjoy the beach there. The air conditioning was great. The facilities are old but it looks like they have upgraded areas of the facilities. They have room service. We will definitely come back to this property. I read some ugly reviews, but those reviews were not even remotely close to my experience and our family’s experience.

• Standard King Room

The place was running construction, and the rooms were so dirty and filthy. The first night there were dirty dishes and the beds werent made and found roaches in the bathroom. Very unsatisfied. Location was great but everything else was horrible. The front desk assistant was never up front I waited 30mins yo see or speak to anyone.

Location was great

• Standard King Room

What I didn’t like? The hotel was very filthy and had a bad smell. The room smelled and had roaches. I took pictures and video. I checked in at 1:45 am and checked out the next morning at 7am and demanded a full refund which was granted. I am requesting a full refund from booking.com

Not enough seating in the room. A lamp and no outlet to plug it in. Rug was sopping wet near the air conditioner. A strange man was trying to get in my room. AND THE BEST FOR LAST. I was awoken by approximately 6 cops on the floor with what I believe to be minors wandering around.

That I am to get 20% back due to the below.

EVERYTHING. The phones did not work, the place smells really bad, the restaurant was closed inside and only outside food. The food we did eat that night actually made us very sick. The television had a horrible picture and the microwave was burnt on the outside looks like it was burnt. And there was no coffee.

nothing we had to go away without breakfast because they started at 7 and we had to leave before than.

• Standard King Room

Check in staff was great! Very quick and professional. Mesha from housekeeping was very nice, however, another house keeper was very rude and rushing us out of the room (while we had our stuff in our hand) because “her boss man was in a bad mood and it was 10 after and everyone should’ve already been out of they’re room”.

• Beachfront King Room

No balcony to the ocean just dirty glass. Property is old and needs remodeling. Furniture is old and beat up.

Location and they did have a bathtub that’s about it.

• Double Room with Parital Ocean View

to many college kids there having parties and disturbing everyone, had to call front desk at 4am to get security to get them to leave the court yard outside my door.. a lot of drinking and drugs going

location to the beach

• King Room with Partial Ocean View

Need to fix the elevators. It felt like I was on a roller coaster ride.we almost wanted to take the stairs, It was extremely hot on the 9th floor hallway.

The ocean view was breath taking.The room was clean and beautiful.My man enjoy his birthday.He wanted to stay one more night.

• Standard King Room

Only thing I did not like was from 9:00pm all the way until 3 am was noisy people laughing running through the halls outside screeming I couldnt sleep so I checked out at 4am

I loved the ocean front view. It would have been more amazing if it had a balcony

• King Room with Partial Ocean View

Outdated furniture , it was worn and appeared dirty. Some of the light fixtures didn’t work. The elevator took 15-20 min to get up and down from the 8 th floor. There were not enough outlets to plug in your devices. The gentleman at the day of check out was rude and the housekeeping staff was also rude. I left a pillow and blanket in the room and called the hotel at 8 30 am and they said it would be at the front desk. I returned at 12 30 and had to wait 20 min for house keeping to bring it down and I almost arrived late back to my seminar that I would have not been allowed to complete had I been late getting back for the 1 pm start time. Overall very poor rating.

Lobby smelled damp and was dark. Elevator floors were filthy. The bathroom smelled of urine, and the air conditioner was leaking, leaving the carpet wet. Moldy smell in room triggered my asthma.

The gentleman at the front desk was friendly and helpful.

• Beachfront Double Room

Toilet was overflowing at every flush. Elevator was not working half the time. Beds were very worn and bouncy. Very thin walls, spring breakers next door partying was very annoying. Will definately find somewhere else to stay next year for Bike Week.

umm... somewhere to sleep on a cold night, and a covered garage for our motorcycles.

• Standard King Room

Bed was extremely hard, room old, carpet smelled like dirty feet, staff never left us more than one towel a day, elevator was broken, complementary breakfast was a joke.

Wrong room was given to us for the first night. We had a standard double booked yet they gave us a king size single bed. Maids didnt clean our room whatsoever. 45 minute walk to main street. One of the stairwells litterally had feces sprayed on the wall. Horrible enough to make you throw up.

The hotel was on the beach.

• Double Room with Parital Ocean View

The front desk staff was condescending and rude, especially Carl. The photos online made the hotel and rooms look bright, clean and nice. They are definitely old, dirty and dingy. Housekeeping didn't come by for two days and when they finally did they asked us what we wanted done. We traveled with a 2-year-old so having a DVD player was awesome- except it did not work, then we had three people come look at it and finally gave us a new one. Then the DVD was stuck and they brought back the old one. I couldn't call the front desk because our phone didn't work and the elevators were broken so it took forever to get from our floor to the main level. We stayed during Bike Week and Spring Break but the noise from the hall and room next door was outrageous and when I asked what could be done, I was told "it's bike week what do you expect?" We paid way to much for a dirty, loud hotel no matter what time of year. The only things that were positive were the view of the ocean and the room was huge.

The proximitely to the ocean and the view from.our room was great. But definitely what we paid for.

• Standard King Room

When we arrived we did not have a reservation! showed them my copy of the BOOKING.com RESERVATION # and email & they said it was impossible! The front desk manager said they did not have any thing from Booking.com or any other website as they closed reservations a few days before we made our reservation. I had to Beg Fight and make a huge scene before they finally agreed to go ahead and get me a cheap small room that was from one of the owners at a huge inflated price of $250 USD for one night. I was PISSED but had no choice! I am now OFFICIALLY COMPLAINING to Bookings to have all charges reversed and give me full credit for my next hotel reservation which will be in a day or two

Location was excellent Right on beach

• Beachfront King Room

The outside of windows were very dirty. Bed was very worn.

The view of the ocean, quiet, clean room except for the windows on the outside. Loved having a microwave, refrigerator, toaster and dishes in the room.

• Beachfront Double Room

Smelled, small beds with nasty/stained/ripped mattresses. One bed had a huge sunk in area. Glass window replaced with thin plexi glass that looked like it had been shot with buckshot

• Standard King Room

The elevator was filthy. Our first room was missing blinds so we could not close to block light or others looking in. We asked for a different room and were told they were fully booked. We then went to the lobby and pressed for a different room. They finally relented and gaves us a different room. The bed in this room was very worn. The furnishing were old and tattered. The breakfast was a joke.

Hotel seemed very old and unkempt. Room was clean but carpet and furniture very old and outdated. Desk was broken and kitchen area not really useable.

The building is very old and needs to be torn down! Roaches and bugs everywhere! I need WiFi for my work but it wasn’t working

The location is great and private beach access!

• Beachfront Double Room

The hotel was just nice. Room was clean, but the couch was falling apart, and the beds were not comfortable at all.. We stay in hotels once a month for baseball tournaments. Beds were worst so far.

did not get the room I booked, I only get to Florida once a year and always book an ocean front room, the front desk said it was to bad they would do nothing about it, it was booking.coms fault not theirs, out of 4 days, room only cleaned once. the heated pool advertised, was not heated. the pool side bar, did not open till 4 in the afternoon. The breakfast was a joke, if you wanted cereal, the bowl was so small, everyone was complaining and the response from the hotel was well, that is what we were given. needless to say we will not stay there again and I will not book throught booking.com again..this is the second vacation this year that was messed up ...

you had to use your shoulder to open the door on the room/ the breakfast was garbage/ every time I went to the service counter I was 4th in line and had a long wait/ the bar was never open when I was there-the tika bar opened at 4 pm and the toilet seat could not stay u[ because the flush handle was in the way//// piss poor hotel

• Beachfront King Room

There was a little smell in the hallways in room, but that's understandable coming from wet floors from people leaving pool and beach.

Love the ocean front room

• Standard King Room

We went here for our 22nd wedding Anniversary & The staff were very helpful & pleasant and knowledgeable of the area. The bed was VERY comfy. The breakfast could use a bit of help : maybe some fresh fruit & possibly offer hot tea at coffee station & in the room ,Not just at breakfast. Other than that This hotel is the BEST love it & will definitely be back !

• Standard King Room

The A/C unit was very loud. No balcony, but everything else was great.

Bed was very comfortable, loved the view of the pool and ocean. Loved the kitchenette area, it just needed an under the counter light. Nicest place I've stayed in so far at Daytona!

• King Room with Partial Ocean View

The cleanliness, the staff wasn't very helpful and the parking was AWFUL.

A 2.5 rating is way too generous. I would give it a 1 Star, at best and that's because it is right on the ocean. There was hair in the bathtub and on the bathroom floor. The parking was awful, and we were on the second floor, but there wasn't an elevator. I wouldn't recommend to anyone to stay there.

• Beachfront King Room

There was a booger behind our headboard for starters. The shower water barely got hot at all. The room smelled nasty and overall wasn't clean. The tv was lower than our bed which made no sense.

The pillows were great, lobby was clean. Staff was nice.

• Double Room with Parital Ocean View

The room was falling apart. Ceiling crumbling down, tiles cracked and missing, walls and foot boards coming away from wall, blood on sofa cushions, stains on chairs and sheets, yellow stains all around bottom of bed and bed skirt, rust inside refrigerator and freezer. Something must have blown up in freezer and never cleaned out. Room stunk with musty weird older. Overall, we paid over $200 a night and I slept in my truck.

The view

it is so torn up. It's a trashed spring break hotel. It smelled like dead fish. I feel like at any moment I was going to catch a communicable disease. They do not ever vacum nor clean the carpets. My shoes literally were sticking to different parts of the carpet in my room.

the bed was comfortable

Rooms we're very small , carpets in room n hallway dirty smelly. Air conditioner turned off n on. Breakfast was BREAD, and there was no creamer or choices of milk. Walls n elevator were dirty.

near beach. Friendly staff.

• Double Room with Parital Ocean View

The breakfast could have had more of a selection and they need a hot tub.

The staff was wonderful. I felt very at home. Macy whom worked the front desk was excellent.

• Double Room with Parital Ocean View

Great location, nice friendly staff and they accommodated all our requests, including giving us a late checkout. The suite we stayed in was next to the pool and the beach access was real close.

• Standard King Room

I didn't like the continental breakfast; plus the fact that they charge a resort fee. Maybe the resort fee could be used to have a better breakfast.

The bed was comfortable and the shower pressure was great!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Double Room with Parital Ocean View

The fact that there was spring breakers directly outside of our room partying?and called the desk repeatedly and nothing was done. They were having a party in the hall and it was destroyed by morning. People sleeping in the hall.

The price and that it was clean

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Double Room with Parital Ocean View

Hotel was dirty. To many drunken and noisy spring breaker

Needs a renovation. Location is good, you can enter the beach directly from the hotel. Little pool bar with cheap and good drinks.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Double Room with Parital Ocean View

They could have had more for breakfast and a longer time for breakfast and the coffee pot wasn't working in our room

Everyone was really friendly and nice

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

• Double Room with Parital Ocean View

It is an old hotel, were the scent of smoke is still in the walls. The room was smell free and clean, but an old and used soap with hair on it was still in the shower...! Breakfast was included, but the smallest ever: 3 types of cereal, milk, waffels to roast, white bread to roast, butter, jam, juice and coffe/tea.

Arrived 0030. Mess up with hotel in Orlando, hadde to go all the way to Daytona Beach to find a room. Booking.com had problems, the reservations did not show at the hotel and we were many waiting. The man on duty did not seem happy, but finally gave us a room as we were only 2. Nice beds. Pizza delivered to our room in 30 minutes (from restaurant outside).

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• Standard King Room

Cycle in the gym would have been an addded bonus.

Direct access to Daytona Beach from the hotel. Large bedroom with view of the Atlantic . Plenty of loungers around the pool. Comfortable large bed . Lovely towels in room and at the pool.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Standard King Room

WiFi would drop in and out when I was trying to do some work but not a major problem as meant I could enjoy my holiday more!

Very friendly staff especially the kiwi!

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Standard King Room

Bed was like sleeping on card board. Pillows had no fill in them. No comforter on bed at all. Fridge and microwave were not working because someone had plugged them into the socket that was turned on by the wall switch. Have no fear, I fixed it for them so the light was on it when you walked in the door

Was easy to get in and out of

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

The light to display, local sign on from off the hotel, makes me miss driving in when dark night.

The location of the property perfect, very inviting and fun, joyful , happy.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

It was fairly junky. Beds were not comfortable. Needs a lot of repairs and updating. For the price and location I suppose it was fine.

Staff was bugs and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Double Room with Parital Ocean View

Breakfast wasn't great and no heated pool!

everything was super clean. The whole hotel smelled great at all times. Beds super comfy. Friendly staff!

• Beachfront Double Room

I didn't like how long it took for the elevator to get to you. Also I didn't like how our door wouldn't open half of the time even when maint. Worked on it.

I loved the oceanview through my window. I also loved the size of the room.

• Beachfront Double Room

The breakfast was horrible no eggs just pieces of bread and coffee ugh and the pool was not heated at all and what is the point of having a JACUZZI IF THERE GOING TO HAVE IT OFF we even ask to have them turn on and they look at us and completely ignored us.The hotel also looked like it was falling apart in the very front entrance of the hotel and the hotel smell like old people carpets were also very dirty VERY DISAPPOINTED

The housekeeper did and great job

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Everything. It was dirty, cheap, beds lousy, very loud, staff unfriendly and unpolite. Totally overpriced, even for free I wouldn't stay there again.

Sorry this was the worst stay ever! So I didn't linke anything. Wie arrived late and couldn't find an other Hotel. I would prefer to sleep in a car next time before I stay there

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

This hotel was dirty and extremely noisy The first night we heard groups partying until 12:30am then they went around at 6am knocking on doors yelling wake up. This first room was disgustedly dirty and you could hear all the road noise as well. The front desk moved us to a different room which was not any cleaner and the walls were so thin we could hear the guys TV on all night next door and all of his phone conversations all night long! I will never again stay at this hotel and do not recommend it for families. Also the free breakfast was not worth eating not to mention how dirty it was in the food area.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Double Room with Parital Ocean View

The entire hotel smelled funky and the carpet in the hallways and room was disgusting. The bed was not comfortable at all, you could feel the springs in the mattress.

The fact that the beach was just steps from the hotel.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Tubs were patched. Chairs were dingy..Had to relocate from room 821 becuase it had major dust behind the bed, had a stinch, the ceiling in the shower was peeling. They did however give me another room the next day stating that they did not think my room had been thoroughly cleaned. The other room was better but still had noticeable tub repairs which made the tub look dirty...it also had stains in the tub. Bed was ok. Very Poor lighting in the parking garage.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

The pool was advertised as heated, but was not although hurricane Matthew could have effected that and the vacation time share hounds are up your butt

They're rooms had a very comfortable feeling. we felt at home and all the kids were happy. The staff were very polite and helpful when needed. laundry on-site was a super bonus

The un-air-conditioned hallway in front of the elevator. For a hotel with nine floors only having one working elevator made leaving a slow process. (climbing 9 flights of stairs is tough after a long day!) Also, bathroom could have had more towels and could have been a little cleaner.

Beds were comfy! View was great and our corner room had a lot of windows. Full length mirror too! Made getting ready a lot easier. The tiki bar downstairs was GREAT and super fun! Also, the ice cream machines in the lobby made a fun late night snack. Good value for the money for an event weekend. Great covered parking!!

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Standard King Room

Elevators not working all the time. The 9th floor smelled liked cat urine. Contenental breakfast was cereal and eggo waffles or toast.

Location was very good

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Breakfast was extremely lame...only one elevator working and took forever....i booked this hotel on August 14th, got two conformations and when we got there, they had given our room away...you don't really want to know the rest

Didn't like anything about it ....

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Double Room with Parital Ocean View

The hotel is feeling a bit tired, and the breakfast is very basic.

The location was great. We had a problem with the bed in the room we were given, this was dealt with quickly with an upgrade. The staff were very helpful. Pool good.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

our room was supposed to be Ocean View. we ended up staying Saturday night at Holiday Inn in leaving the hotel the price was a little bit ridiculous

great location very clean rooms like the free breakfast

• Beachfront King Room

The hotel DID NOT honor our reservation. We reserved a KING room and they assigned us a DOUBLE, even when I showed them the print-out of the reservation. Also, one of the 2 beds in the room was totally destroyed; the slats on the frame were completely broken in half. The maintenance man was able to move it out of the way and provide a new mattress for the other bed. So, in reality, we ended up with one double bed. There were not enough choices on the breakfast bar. There was frozen waffles, dry cereal, and bread.

We thoroughly enjoyed the beach access, private parking, and pool. The oceanfront view was beautiful.

The breakfast was horrible. Only had waffle, toast, and cereal. Would be nice if they had eggs, bacon, and sausage.

The bed was nice and comfy but would like more blanket.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

The breakfast was horrible and a joke, the pool area needs some attention and they need a spa. There should be a bar open all the time to accommodate guest.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Double Room with Parital Ocean View

Breakfast was sad at best. Don't expect much - some Eggo waffles, cereal, and toast. The "24 hour gym" is literally just a single stationary bike. We asked at the front desk to have our room tidied by housekeeping in the middle of our stay and the message was never relayed to housekeeping (we had to tell them ourselves). Our door keys ceased working on our 3rd day and had to be reset (what a pain). There was an atrocious smell on the 2nd floor (we had to pass through to get to upper level parking) which even after being reported by us and other guests still took two entire days to resolve. The most irritating thing to me though was that at check-in they automatically ran the credit card used to reserve our room. They should have asked if I wanted to use that card at the very least (I didn't!)

The housekeeping (Michelle) and maintenance (Craig) staff were lovely people. The room was spacious, reasonably clean, smelled fresh, and was in mostly good repair. Towels were plentiful, cable was decent, WiFi worked fine, and the AC worked very well. The water pressure in the shower was great with plentiful hot water. We had unlimited DVD rentals and an ice cream vending machine in the lobby. The beach was close and had very easy access and was not crowded as it was far enough from the pier. The pool was clean and nice. Parking was very accessible, easy, and free. There is a tiny bar out by the pool which wasn't cheap but was very convenient. We had a very good time here.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

The staff was amazingly helpful!! The location was perfect right, the pool was well kept, and their room service was speedy. My sister and I planned this very last minute trip and brought 3 small children 9 years old and under. We really could not have enjoyed ourselves anymore than we did, especially for the price and location!

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Oceanviews staff,no personality, also not friendly. Breakfast choices, toasted rye bread, toasted raisin bread, toasted waffle or cereal! Nothing but carbs. No late room service, not even for a blanket.

The location & the Tiki bar & it's staff!

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Very unclean. Bathroom was dirty, hair in tub. Wasn't much toilet paper when we checked in. We had one wrong room assigned to our group, so we ended up walking in on someone who was already in the room. Lots of smoke smell on a floor of non smoking rooms.

Bed was comfortable. My check in guy was very helpful when I got there, other then that the remainder of staff I inquired not so helpful or polite.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Beachfront King Room

Bartender at the tiki hut. He needs a true attitude adjustment

We have stayed at this Hotel on several occasions. We continue to book rooms at this location for many reasons. First reason is location. Perfect location, close to everything but yet far enough away from the "party" scene. Another reason we stay is the staff. The staff is very nice, very informative, very attentive. We have never gotten anything but great service at this hotel. The only problem we had this trip was a very rude bartender at the tiki hut. We addressed the problem and was told he does not actually work for the hotel, he is a outside vendor. Again, we expressed how we felt and let the cards fall where they may. He was not enough of a discouragement to change our view of the hotel. With all of this being said I will end with this. If you are expecting the Ritz, by all means go down the street and pay the Ritz Carlton prices. If you are looking for a friendly staff, a clean room that is located on the beach for a reasonable price this is a great place. I too read many reviews and I couldn't find the negative conditions that others posted about. Our bed was absolutely perfect, parking was no issue, the staff was wonderful. I can't wait to go back!

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

we did not get what we pay for ,,we pay for non smoking and we got smoking room ,, we paid for kig bed got doble bed,, the hotel looks dirty..and the staff did try to help us to find a solution

just the ocean view

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Standard King Room

A little old and dirty from the beach. Breakfast was way to crowded.

Staff was nice and professional. Location was awesome. Free parking. Free dvd rentals.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• Beachfront King Room

I had to request a vacuum to clean the floor. Tha air conditioner sounded like a dump truck. The furniture was dirty and broken. And the room had a weird smell.

The view.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Wasn't very clean. We were asked if we wanted the room cleaned. Needed some new upgrades. People at the front desk weren't very friendly or informative

Hotel was right on the beach

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Beachfront Double Room

The hallways are dated and musty smelling. The lobby is unattractive. The breakfast is not worth having (they keep refrigerated butter out in the open heat).

The room was huge with a view of the ocean. It was very comfortable. They have a covered parking garage that is included.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Standard King Room

Continental breakfast needs to be improved. Needs more choices added, like yogurt, danishes, eggs, grits. Compared to other places it needs improvements.

Great view.