Reviews of Harbor Inn & Suites Oceanside 2 stars

5.9

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Relaxing
    • Queen Room

Basic cleaning is what was done mainly the room could’ve used some deep cleaning the walls were dirty and the door was noticeable dirty as well.

Room service was great, the room was really nice for the price I paid.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Wonderful. Great location.

The toilet seat in the bathroom was cracked and stained. There was no waste basket in the room. The staircase needed to be cleaned with a high pressure hose.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Price for the night wasn’t bad.

Key on property didn’t work then was asked to move to another room after all our luggage was brought in. I refused the change of rooms. I was also told that anytime spent after check out time was additional $5 extra. After arriving there around 1am. I was too exhausted from drive to want to move to another room.

Price for the night wasn’t bad.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

We were happy to find a place that allowed for pets because...

We were happy to find a place that allowed for pets because we needed to bring our 3 month old puppy along for our trip. The rooms had tile floors, which made it less of a worry in case we had a puppy accident. We also got in really late & the owners were gracious about our time of arrival. Would stay here again!

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Staff was incredibly rude.

Staff was incredibly rude. They called regarding an issue with my credit card (which was an issue they had within their system- NOT my credit card), I was busy and couldn't answer at the time of their call. I called them back in less than an hour and they told me they had already cancelled my reservation. Both my husband and I had to speak to the man at the front desk, and he was rude to both of us. He had the nerve to tell my husband that I wasn't listening to him and was basically blaming me! This was on Labor Day weekend and every other place was already booked up or too expensive. I then had to call booking.com to complain. I spoke to someone at booking.com customer service named Chris who was incredibly helpful. He contacted the hotel for me and threatened to report them. (Unfortunately, when I got the bill for that customer service call, it was $60!) In the end, Chris ended up helping me get my original reservation back. I am grateful that Chris was able to help get my reservation back for that night, but after the arguing with the hotel staff, being on the phone for almost 2 hours for the entire process and then receiving a $60 bill weeks later from booking.com customer service line- I will never be staying there again.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Room was old and run down.
    • Queen Room

Room was old and run down. Paint chipped off walls, room was very small, bed was not a queen as advertised but a small double, breakfast was next to nothing, bread and a toaster, coffee and some kind of juice. Nothing in the room even closely matched the pictures on website. I suppose this is what $88 per night gets you in a beach community.

• Queen Room

Our room smelled so bad like dog breath and our shower didn't really work not much water come out it was so frustrating and their hotel sign said new rooms and my room was not even new it was so ghetto and small.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Good option for location and price and would stay again.

Shower curtain stained and needs replacing and curtain rod needs fixed. Bathroom sink drain slow. Some bedding stained and has holes although sheets clean.

Rooms have microwave mini fridge and are pet friendly. Sheets clean. Service was very friendly and price is a value for location.

Decent for price!

The room wasn’t spectacular. There was no way to use the safe. The WiFi didn’t work. The landline didn’t work. The breakfast wasn’t actually breakfast. But it was a good price and wasn’t terrible.

I loved that it was affordable for being so close to the beach.

Needs to lower
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Size of the room was smaller. Then I expected... The 2 bedroom suite was ONLY an extra full size bed in a room that looked like a closet and had no AC in it, Could have been cleaner also. Lots of little things didn't work, iron, pillows sucked, water is dangerously hot, phone in room didn't work. No pool on site

Only liked the distance from the beach

Never coming back
    • Queen Room

The staff was disrespectful in all ways thry came into my room without knocking early in the middle of my stay. Theirs prostitutes hanging around the facility abd they will create a scene to get u kicked out so the inn makes money. Overall very bad experience for me and they didn't even refound me all my money.

Nothing, the older gentleman that sleeps in the back of the main desk was nice for the most part.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

The location was awesome, and the room was very clean and...
    • Queen Room

An earlier check in would’ve been nice but no biggie!

The location was awesome, and the room was very clean and comfortable! The price was the best part- such a steal.

I do not advice. Just for really cheap price. I feel cheated.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Too noisy. Apt situated right near the highway! Almost on the highway. You can not open the window, door.

In one apt were two separate rooms! It is cool!

Good place to stay
    • Queen Room

Parking was terrible! There was a a big huge RV taking up the handicap space w/o handicap sign. Getting out of parking area was difficult as it was frontage of busy street. Our room was ok, but we had to keep curtains closed as it faced side of hotel where they kept broken equipment! No handicap room available even though we requested it. Offered continental breakfast but ran out of things no restocking at 8 am.

Close to beAches and restaurants. Nice staff good place to stay 1-2 night's we are planning to return wit will request a suite, had coffee pot in room! Willing to give another try .

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The hotel is pretty run down looking. Not much in the way of amenities but it’s a great location and everyone is very nice and helpful

Great location. You can walk to the harbor and the beach in 10 minutes

Wouldn't book again!

Free breakfast was nothing but toast and oj with some cereal and was located in their check in office. Trash in 2 different places was full. Rooms were small.

The location was amazing. Free wifi and cable channels were awesome.

The room was a lot more spacious than I expected.
    • Queen Room

Every time the shower was used the whole bathroom, sometimes even outside the bathroom, would get wet because it isn't a bathtub and there isn't much of a border from the floor or the shower to the floor of the bathroom.

The room was a lot more spacious than I expected. It was simple and nice.

It was nice overall but I don’t know if I would stay there again

Too little space and door got stuck to the dooor when trying to close it staff doesn’t make anything clear not that many options for breakfast

It was a nice room

Room was nice & my stay was value priced. Downside loiterers hanging out outside my door.
    • Queen Room

Locals who didn't appear to have been staying at the hotel hanging out, talking loudly and doing who knows what, right outside the door to my rented room. From early at daybreak until the afternoon.

The Room was as depicted online.

The location is perfect. The manager is apologetic but bottom line, if they knew it ahead of time,

Smells. I believed the smell which is a perspiration of a person is coming from the mattress. I complained to the cleaning lady about it and told me the management knew about it 2 weeks prior my stay.

I won’t recommend to no one the room they gave me.

Looks like room has not been cleaned.

Cleanliness

Looks like room has not been cleaned. The previous guest left some undies and it looks like no one seen it when they cleaned. Over all it’s ok except for cleanliness

Never Again

The beds are super hard (super sore all over after 2 nights), the bathroom door didnt close, the place looks kinda scary definitely not worth the 250 i was charged (since the 50 dollars that was supposed to be returned never was). Wish i wouldve known how close days inn was to there so i couldve stayed there.Breakfast is bread and butter, cereal with no milk and thats about it.definitely will never stay here again even though my daughter just moved to Oceanside, will be at Days Inn which is closer to beach and so much safer looking.

The beach is close

I only liked the fact it was near the beach.
    • Queen Room

The bed made a lot of noise anytime I would move would weak my husband up we stood on the 1st floor and I could hear everything from the room above us footsteps and talking. Water pressure was very weak.

I only liked the fact it was near the beach.

Never again

Breakfast was basically cereal or oatmeal and there was no milk. Rooms said remodeled but looks like was never finished and done cheaply with stained walls and furniture.

Nothing, beds were uncomfortable and stained. I heard creeping all night from the people walking upstairs. Sounded like they were going to fall through the ceiling.

The people who run this hotel are very friendly and willing to help in any way they can.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The people who rent out rooms around you are sketchy.

The room is very close to the beach, which is what our family was looking for in the first place.

When we arrived the hotel put me and my wife in a room that...

When we arrived the hotel put me and my wife in a room that smelled like a park bathroom since the smell from the bathroom was so strong and vulgar the entire room smelled like urine . Than it was a hole in the window of our room . My wife was overly upset . They tried to say they were in the middle of remodeling the room that's why the toilet looked like the pic . & that it was cameras surrounding the hotel so the hole wasn't a problem smh . It wasn't acceptable at all so I complained and they did accommodate us to another room .

Smelly rooms, poor service
    • Queen Room

This property claims to be family friendly, but the room smelled like smoke, the extra blanket had burn holes in it and the staff was not helpful. I booked this for my son and grandson this have for the weekend, but it was so bad that my grandson stayed somewhere else that did not smell like smoke. Staff would not change rooms or refund. Will NOT use again. Encourage others to look elsewhere.

Close to harbor, sorta

Just Bad
    • Queen Room

The room was not very clean, phone did not work so i would have to go downstairs if I needed anything or call from my cell phone, Next morning there was no hot water to take a shower stated they would have someone fix it at 11 am, checkout time, so they decided to send me to another room that the people had just checked out to take a shower!!, they didn't even offer a clean room, or clean that room for me to take a shower, I travel a lot and never had such horrible experience. I will never ever stay in that place!

Not a comfortable place to stay! Not recommendin this place! At all!
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room looks dirty ! Dark closet without a light, wall socket in bathroom not working so couldn’t use the hairdryer or iron! I asked for extra sheet to cover the sofa and the lady said there’s no linens cause housekeeping supplies is locked but they’ll be back @ 0930 next day! Well next day we’re checking out! We couldn’t get the heater to warm the room!

There staff who helped us checked in! The place is close to freeway but you can still hear the noise outside even with everything closed!

Very dirty, & “breakfast” is a joke.

There was dirty towels in the bathroom and the ice bucket had dirt in it. Stained sheets and not only did the room smell of smoke the filter in the AC/fan smelled worse. Bathtub dirty, etc. We only stayed there because we had no choice. Booking.com was no help and actually is to blame for this. I wouldn’t recomemd them or this hotel at all.

We liked nothing. It’s loud. Dirty. Bad service.

Bleach feces boogers dirt hair - no way
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Heavy smell of bleach and feces. Dirt COVERED towels, much hair in the sheets, boogers on the sheets. Blood stain on sheets. Other stains cuts and holes in sheets. Unknown brown splashes on lampshades curtains and floor. Splatter on doors and walls. No WiFi. I have pictures.

The lady at the front desk didn’t stellar the matter but her tone was professional .

The worst Motel/Hotel experience I have ever had....
    • Queen Room

Really bad customer service skills. Lack of training in being professional, respectful & without a dought insufficient training/experience noticed in the greater part of the employees lack necessary & imperative problem solving skills that are so important in customer service.

Great location. Pricing for rooms are genuinely cheaper than surrounding properties. Not overly crowded & surprisingly quite for the diverse clientele it holds. What I liked best is watching my two feet as well as my husbands, out the front doors of Harbor Inn Suites. I will not be visiting/staying, recommending/referring anyone to the Harbor Inn Suites again.....Very, very poor ability to perform the essentials of their job, which include compete customer satisfaction & meeting their individual needs if possible. service skills & other employees as well as upper management may need a recourse in a lot of areas....And to apologize for their behavior & get out of the hospitality/customer relations. Accominating & securing the customers contentness & satisfaction is imperative in thst specific job field. Very disappointed with general managements lack of concern or just plain rudeness.

Would not stay again based on parking, room experience, and upstairs walkway was terrible.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Too cold to stay for breakfast. Dining area is small and right off the lobby. Bedding needs to be appropriate for time of year and weather conditions. Blankets and bedspread were really thin, so we were not warm. Adjoining room does not have heat. Upstairs walkway not level. Parking was crowded.

Location right off the I-5. There is a Denny's around the corner and an In-n-Out down the street.

The location where we stayed was pretty good.

I did not like that we had a leak in our bathroom we had to use our towels in the room to keep it dry and the lighting in our room was not enough.

The location where we stayed was pretty good. I liked the breakfast it was nice but pretty small area.

not worth it.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The room was dirty. We didnt get our room clean everyday. We had to go aak for clean towels then had to wait a hour to get some. The breakfest was just for kids. Its SUCK. THE PICTURE in the booking is deceiving.

The hotel staff didnt bug us. They never ask if we neede anything.

Never again!
    • Queen Room

Rooms were dirty. Comforters were wrinkled, holes in the walls, heat/AC didn't work, bathroom was dirty and our view was a wall. I'm not picky. I never write reviews. This was absolutely ridiculous!

Sucked big time. How could a motel have no hot water? Lied about WiFi in that room.

There was no hot water. It wouldn't even get warm. There was no WiFI even though they said there was. No signal in my room. The place sucked and I'm going to let everyone know. I want my money back

Not going back for sure. Bad choice

Price is too high for what I considered a motel not a hotel, rooms need upgrade, telephones need to be upgraded. It was so bad that I attempted calling the front desk and could hear them answering the phone, but they couldn't hear me.

Very bad smell from the room, felt like chocking. First room smelled liked a pack of cigarettes, bare in mind I had requested smoking free room. Then, they changed my room and that one was chocking me with clorox and other cleaning supply smells.

An O.K. place if you're alone. Feels like a place for one-night-stands
    • Queen Room

Despite getting repaired the next day, I didn't like the fact that the toilet seat was missing one screw in the first place. Shabby place, not for family with kids because my 2-year old always tried to get to the air conditioner grills which was covered in dust. I would go here if only I was alone. TV only had one channel. WiFi is insecure. There were cigarette butts on the stairs.

Maintenance was good, requested for them to fix the toilet seat which was one screw out when we got in. For a shabby motel, they are on top of cleanliness. The bathroom was clean, the place was mostly clean, and room service did a great job cleaning after us before the second night.

The floor in our room was tile and it looked nice.
    • Queen Room

There were holes in the walls and cracks in the ceiling. Walls were so thin we could hear the neighbors upstairs. The water in the sink went from warm to scalding in seconds and the shower was either one or the other. The shower floor was flat to the rest of the bathroom so when you showered, the water would get all over the bathroom floor and sometimes would seep into the bedroom area. We were traveling with my newborn daughter who threw up all over the bedsheets. When we asked the front desk for a change of sheets when housekeeping came by, we had to ask twice and finally got a disgruntled and reluctant yes from the manager.

The floor in our room was tile and it looked nice.

The room was clean.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The pull out bed was horrible! A new mattress is badly needed!!!

The room was clean. I didn't eat breakfast so no commemt. Easy access to many food options and of course the awesome harbour beach

Horrible--we checked out the next morning, even though we were supposed to stay one more night.

Room was dirty, floor (all tile) was dusty & dirty, I had to clean the air filters on the airconditioning, as it just continued to blow dirt & dust, the pillows were the worst I have ever seen, and there was black mold on the tub, plus a soaplder that may have been in the granite surround had been taken out, & there was just a nasty hole where it had been.

Nothing to like about this property, so we left the next morning, even though we were supposed to be there 2 days. The room was filthy, the tub had black mold in it, & I've never seen such sorry pillows. Don't wast your money!!

I won't stay with harbor inn ever again

The breakfast wasn't very good next time I'm booking with days inn right around the corner and they don't have a pool

Close to the beach and gas station

The location was cool.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Cleaniliness of the room...it's in the details!. The floors and walls needed tlc. The linen was suspect on being clean. However, it's clear that they just completed an overall of the site...just missed most of the details (ie: dirty fixtures, switch plates, baseboards, and such).There was an unsavory element on the site...made us think that they stay there on a permanent basis rather than just passing through. Clearly the owners are in transition and are trying. My only wish is that my family came after the transition rather than in the midst thereof.

The location was cool. Having the second room was nice.

Our stay was short and sweet. We most definitely look forward to coming back next visit!
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Sadly, the only thing my family and I were not pleased with was the carpet. Possibly just needs steamed cleaning due to spilled drinks and food droppings. It had a slight oder and felt a little sticky. Other than that, everything seemed perfect!

I liked the location of the property with easy access of the highway and restaurants. The staff were very friendly. The property were reasonably priced and provided simple necessities, if needed. My family and I were in a 2-Bdrm suite which provided the respect and privacy of our space. I'm happy to share that we have enjoyed our stay while visiting Southern California.

Great location, awesome room, friendly people, at a good price.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They don't have smoking rooms, luckily they do provide a relaxing balcony lounge area with comfortable seating to smoke outside.

Staff was amazing, well organized and friendly. Room was super clean newly renovated and spacious.

it was disgusting and filthy. I would not recommend this place.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

nothing was as described. There was no breakfast. The room was filthy, it had bugs, the refrigerator froze everything, the microwave was filthy, there was no mattress pad/cover, the bed was covered in urine stains, etc. that was not a chair or couch as described. There were bugs, the room smell of mildew, it was loud, there is little to no parking, and there were many additional fees required.

The only thing this place has going for it is so location, but hotels close to the beach or a dime a dozen here

Never again will I stay here and they are extremely unsanitary.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The room was filthy. Holes in the walls and doors. Huge fake plant caked in dust. The sheets had pubic hairs on them. The bed cover blanket had stains and crusty stuff all over it. We lifted the sheets and the mattress cover had tons of pee stains and blood stains. Our feet were filthy for walking around the room with bare feet. It was so disgusting.

Stay AWAY

The hotel room was dirty. There was dirt on the ledges in the bathroom. It was very noticeable. The shower was meant for someone five feet tall or shorter. I had to shrink down while showering. The water pressure was lousy. The room is very dark with poor lighting. The room is very tight and not easy to move around in. The coffee maker in the room appears to have never been cleaned. The hotel advertises free breakfast, but they do not tell you that the breakfast is continental. The choice of food is very limited. The coffee they offer is disgusting and I had to spit it out. My family spent as little as time possible in the room.

The parking was free and easy.

We only stayed for one night and we got there late so I...
    • Queen Room

The cereal was stale which was very off putting but they did have bananas and apples...the first bit of healthy fruit offered for breakfast in places we stayed on our trip!

We only stayed for one night and we got there late so I can't say what the area really had to offer!

Won't be back
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The location and parking was horrible. We parked right off the highway. With five young children it was worrisome with all the cars flying by. There was no pool There was no gym There was really no continental breakfast. All that was served was toast, corn flakes, and raisin brand. This child friendly resort, needs better house keeping as well. My young children found male sexual hormone in there bed. Had they not been honest about it right away, but snuck them there would have been serious medical issues.

I really didn't like where we stayed at all!

I will NEVER stay here again. The only plus was the beaches.

The staff was very rude and made me feel very uncomfortable.

The bed was as hard as a rock. The continental breakfast was only white toast. Coffee was horrible

Sad Vacation!
    • Queen Room

Room looked shabby, walls and doors chipped. Not enough lighting. Parking to close to main road felt vulnerable. Charge of $25 for pet and no areas to take pet to go potty.Very unsafe area at night. Cut trip short by 1 day.

Close to beach and affordable.

This hotel was horrible.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

This hotel was horrible. Does not meet up with the pictures as advertised, and definitely NOT worth the expensive rates. There was mold in the bathroom, the "2 room suite" is tiny, not enough clean towels, housekeeping did not come. Wanted to cancel my booking as soon as I went to check in.

Pros and cons...
    • Queen Room

There was a huge dead cockroach on the floor by the bed and a larger live one climbing up the bathroom wall. Sooo gross. We told the front desk at check out and they just noted that they will take care of it. There were also gross stains on the side of the bed. The breakfast.... When we got down there by 9 am.... Was bread available to make toast.

The location was excellent!!! We were able to check in right away...15 minutes before check in as the room was already available.

If a motel is what you're looking for.....
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Smells, holes on door (looked as though there'd been a rumble in our room. The blanket had stains, did not see "breakfast". Charged an additional $50 refundable deposit per room without asking....when I asked about about the additional receipt I was asked to sign for the $50, I was at that time informed of the deposit after I was charged. The room was foul smelling...Air conditioner was unplugged potentially because when it was on it caused heavy leaking on the second story platform/ walkway. The refrigerator was disgusting (black ice) inside, although it was working I would not hold anything other than closed water bottles inside of it. Will not be back... the people that managed weren't bad or anything, just a crummy motel. What can you expect, just very surprised I was able to book this motel online...Booking.com should be more particular or which motels they allowed to be booked of their site....After this experience I will be very weary of booking on this site!

Close to beach

Like the fact they move fast on request for extra towels and...

The room was stuffy and had a weird smell didn't stink but just a unwanted smell

Like the fact they move fast on request for extra towels and blankets

Impossible to find a better place at this price level
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

I was attracted by the cheap rates, and location being walking distance to the beach and harbor! We booked a two room suite for our pretty big family (2 adults, 4 kids! plus small dog). This is the absolute limit for this kind of room. But we were actually really comfortable here and stayed an extra night. So we were there for 4 nights total. The management treated us with the level of graciousness I would expect from a pricey hotel... They were kind and charming hosts who made us feel more like GUESTS than just customers of a budget-priced motel. They were responsive and helpful to questions and extra requests (like forks or plates when we ate in-room, or an extra pillow). The room itself was attractive and pleasant to be in. Comfy beds and blankets, cozy chairs, wifi that actually worked, plenty of storage to keep all our stuff organized. It was a great home base. The maid service was excellent. Harbor Inn was super easy to find and there was plenty of parking (both big stresses for me). Anyhow, our fun memories of this vacation include happy times spent hanging out in the room. This turned out to be a really good place for our family.

Check cancellation rules before booking

Air conditioner didn't work The breakfast choices were horrible Loud by the interstate I couldn't get out of the reservation without paying full price There were empty flower pots under air conditioners outside on sidewalks collecting water funk and mold

The price was cheap But you get what you pay for

Great place to stay!
    • Queen Room

Man at front desk was neutral and not super welcoming. Not unfriendly by any means tho'. Prob just bc it was really late and he was tired.

Price, cleanliness, convenience to I-5, restaurant close by.

🖓🖓🖓🖓
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The room wasn't clean.I found a flying insect crawling on the carpet. Also a spider on the wall. The doors were filthy gross. The shower had soap residue left from the previous people who stayed. How can you feel comfortable in a place like that! The AC also wasn't working & the manager didn't seem to care. I was so upset! I definitely will not be going back & will not be recommending this hotel to no one!

Location area

Small room , beds were too close to each other and beds are too high for kids ... paint chipping off walls and toilet was dirty ,floor felt like it had dirt on it tooo. so $80 too pricy for this kind of room ,

Location area

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

The assistant manager was helpful
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room for up to six adults was no where close to enough room for 5 adults and no pets...spent 3 hours trying to get a decent price for a 2nd room for 1 adult and our pet cause they told me to just keep my dog in the car for 2 days!!!!

The assistant manager was helpful

Don't stay here
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Staff rude. Breakfast was a joke. Carpet worn thru in entrance to room light broken in room beds awful. Tv reception awful. And very load.

Would not recommend
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The blanket on the bed had stains and burn holes. There was dirt and hairs everywhere. Toilet didn't flush. The whole scene/experience reminded me of an episode of forensic files or criminal minds. My wife said she felt very uneasy the entire time

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Nothing horrable staff nd rooms

The fact that one of the staff members knock at our door at 2 am 2 hours after we checked in nd said that we needed to stop our. Children from making noise or els we would have problems nd he had the nurve to get in my husbands face nd argued with my mother who by the way was her 1st time in Oceanside Cali and pretty much kicked me nd my family out he looked middle eastern he made it the Worst experience in California ever for our family do not recommend this place to any family with children they will throw u out I've been to way. Better hotels then this ghetto one all the way up to lasvegas with my 3 Children nd never any trouble nd my husband will be filling for a lawsuit towards this facility we felt very violated nd harassed. by the way he was the manager's assistant

Nothing horrable staff nd rooms

Place was a dump.

Place was a dump. Outdated. Beds were dirty. Photos online are outdated and nice once you get to the location complete dump. No pool cazebo on second floor was being held up by rope swaying back and forth.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

It is walking distinct to the beach!
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

You are right next to I-5. Which is very loud and busy nonstop. For a light sleeper in makes it very hard at night

It is walking distinct to the beach! And can accommodate a family of six.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

I would stay here again but hoping they make some upgrades.

The facility is aged and is in definite need of some repairs. In the bathroom for example, the toilet paper holder was hanging on by a dry wall screw. Also, the toilet seat was broken.

I liked the close proximity to the beach.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Will not be staying here again
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

I work in hospitality so I lowered my standards because the price was good but.. The cleanliness of the room was terrible. The room attendant had to come back with fresh towels for the bathroom because they didn't have enough terry to make a full turn on the property. The headboard was extremely dusty. The bed cover and scarf were dirty and stained. The bed was terrible and the pillows were flat. And the carpet had white stains everywhere.

Location. Only a five minute walk to local owned shops and a 10 minute walk to the beach. Easy to find from the freeway.

Do not stay at Harbor Inn & Suites.

The room did not look like the pictures we saw when we booked the room.The room was very small and cramped. There were roaches and it was not a pleasant environment.

DO NOT EVER STAY HERE. THEY LIE AND ITS GROSS.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

They lied. It was Not a continental breakfast. The crib was a playpen and it was FILTHY!!! The hairdryer was broken. All the blankets smelled funny and had cigarette burn holes. Very nasty room. Not worth the $$ at all.

Love your comfort
    • Queen Room

You feel comfortable when your here could it be fixed up and cost more yes but this was a great price for for the comfort you get here and it's close to the beach how can you beat that. 1 flaw could have a better breakfast.

Not worth the money
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The parking was crowded had to wait for over an hour for someone to leave so I could get a parking. The paint in the room was ruined , the doors had holes, the sheets had stains, the bathroom was small, There was a heavy smell off cigarettes in the room and right outside the door was a small bucket with cigarette butts in it. The stairs going to the room had weird stains.

How it was close to the beach

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

Last room available

The place is in need of a major facelift. Parking was a pain. Don't usually stay in 'motels'. Paid WAY too much for the room but it was one of the only ones left in the area and this was a last minute stay. EXTREME traffic noise. Outside trash cans were full.

Browse Harbor Inn & Suites Oceanside traveller photo gallery