View vacation packages to

2. USA hotel reviews
  3. California hotel reviews
  4. San Francisco hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of SeaScape Inn - A FairBridge Hotel

Reviews of SeaScape Inn - A FairBridge Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

4340 Judah Street, San Francisco, CA 94122, United States of America

#172 of 270 hotels in San Francisco

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: June 14, 2019

Aside from location and friendly staff this place is LOUD,...

Metro cable car runs literally 12 feet from this building. We could not sleep till the trains stopped running. Garbage, debris, and unsafe exposed electrical is a real problem. The lights in the bathroom did not work. The sink drained so slowly you had to to the water off so it would not overflow. Cieling sheetrock joints were bubbled do to either poor workmanship or previous water damage. Floors were so dirty your feet turned dark on the bottom if you walked on them barefoot. I could keep going but you get the general idea. I documented it all with photos and video. The waste, either human or animal, 3 feet outside our door was just plain gross.

Aside from location and friendly staff this place is LOUD, dirty, and in need of some capital to clean it up.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2019

Staff were very friendly and the location was nice

The hotel staff left all doors open when cleaning the rooms. Anyone could have walked into either room and stolen your valuables. Plus they came so late, 6:30 PM to clean. Would be nice to have beds made and floors swept in early AM.

Staff were very friendly and the location was nice

• Reviewed: June 6, 2019

Except there are no accommodations for disabled patrons.

No disabled parking or rooms whatsoever; I am not sure that this is legal, since ADA requires to have at least one available disabled parking space. The research for ADA exemptions at this motel has not been implemented. At check-in, there is a sign posted informing patrons that parking is first come, first served. Recommendation for Additional parking was the street parking around the corner. Our disabled patrons were required to haul all luggage & medical equipment from the street parking location & up three floors to the room. This is the only feature that will prevent our future bookings or patronage. Please advise?

Location & value, Microwave & mini fridge, ice machine Offstreet parking Complementary juice & coffee

• Reviewed: June 5, 2019

It was right across the street from the beach and a short...

Couldn’t quite get a feel for the neighborhood, seemed kinda sketchy but the hotel felt safe.

It was right across the street from the beach and a short commute to many attractions.

• Reviewed: May 23, 2019

Great location, clean and comfortable room, friendly staff

Could have some better amenities but it is an older building that has been renovated.

Location was great. Yes the trolley runs past the hotel but its not intrusive and the ease of transportation was a plus! Room was nice, clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2019

Mediocre at best

Rooms were dirty. Had to ask for new sheets since our were stained. Trash and linens left in the hallways. Muni parks right outside the window and therefor was extremely loud all day and most the night.

Close to the beach and a little cafe.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2019

Meh. Nice people, not a great room.

Our room faced the street, and it was very loud. You could hear the streetcar announcements all night long. It sounded as though there were elephants above us and voices traveled really far in the hotel - probably because there weren't any carpets. Additionally, the room didn't get very dark so we could see streetlights all night. We were traveling with a baby - there was only a shower in the bathroom, so it was more difficult to bathe her.

It was in the neighborhood that we needed, and there were some good coffee shops nearby. The person who checked us in, and the housekeeping staff were really nice to us. Parking was pretty easy.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2019

This place is horrible don't stay here.

The photos were somewhat deceiving the building looks awful from the outside, we had a very expensive price for our room, it went down to less than 50% on the day we stayed. Someone else staying started shouting at 6am for 2 hours. It was quite scary. The guy checking us in said I've given you the room with a sea view, there were 2 buildings in front of our room, no view.

• Reviewed: April 25, 2019

I bet they don’t have that TV in their own home.

There were no elevators and we were on the third floor, which would normally not be a bad thing, but I had just done leg day with my personal trainer, so it was miserable and took a while to climb up all those steep steps. I do not know how someone with a disability could stay on any other floor than the first. The free breakfast is a joke it is just coffee and instant oatmeal. The hotel was run down and dirty on the outside, there is rubbish in the areas next to the parking spaces which looked gross and it also didn't help the fact that I'm really cautious about my car's paint job. The hairdryer was broken. I had booked a hotel for four people, but they only gave us two full-sized towels, no tissue boxes, and one roll of toilet paper half used. The TV was such a piece of poop that we couldn’t even figure out how to change the channels and ended up watching cartoons. For as much as they charge ($200+) they should have a better TV and more amenities. I bet they don’t have that TV in their own home. They're making a killing on rental fees, but not giving back to their customers by having quality offerings is just a recipe for failure.

I loved our ocean view even though it was just a peek over the buildings next-door. We were on the third floor which provided a fair amount of exercise, so I didn't notice they didn't have a gym. It was exactly across the street from the beach and there is a lovely little café on the corner. The whole vibe at the beach is very chill and preppy. There is free parking at the hotel, but make sure you get there before the other guests because it’s limited. The beds and pillows were very very comfortable and I slept like a baby.

• Reviewed: April 21, 2019

Real close to the beach

Rooms were filthy and poor maintenance open sockets exposed wires broken hanger rack dirty showers sheets had hair all over them random food in fridge raider

Real close to the beach

• Reviewed: April 20, 2019

Location and room.

Seems to be short-staffed. Had to ask for a roll of toilet paper and towels. The room didn’t get cleaned until 6 pm. One of the housekeepers was working with her children present.

Location and room. Bed was very comfortable. Close proximity to restaurants and public transport.

• Reviewed: April 16, 2019

Brilliant location nice rooms but needed more cleaning

The noise from the trams were disturbing when we stayed in the idealmlocationroom at the front of the building on the first floor

We had two rooms the room on the first floor was on the side where the trams were so there was a lot of traffic noise early in the morning. However the second room was at the back facing the beach and was ideal very quiet. The location was ideal for boarding the tram and adjacent to the beach and local amenities. Unfortunately the rooms were very dusty and need to be cleaned a little better. The manager was very helpful.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2019

Aweful

Staff was incredibly unaccomadating as I came in from a late night when my car broke down and I had to get a tow. I paid w cc on booking and when I showed up they needed to send my boyfriend a payment authorization because he was not there with me. Unreasonable considering he paid for it online for me. Luckily we had access to a printer, but I can see this being a problem for others. This process took over an hour. It was midnight before I got into bed. Floors were sticky. Hotel was noisy.

• Reviewed: April 7, 2019

The room was ok and there's free parking on the premises.

Noisy location in front of streetcars loop. The building as a strange smell that takes a while to get used, and it's located on a pour outskirt neighborhood

The room was ok and there's free parking on the premises. Some places to eat close by. Close to the sea. Street car stop right in front

• Reviewed: April 6, 2019

Location is very close to the beach.

I’ve never been in a place as dirty as that- breadcrumbs in drawers, countertop still greasy, mirror had spots from previous guests brushing teeth, the fridge was not on and there was leftover rice in there. I came at 6pm, sheets allover the corridor- they were still cleaning, but a guest should never see that. When I mentioned the mess in the room to the person incharge among other he said that the cleaning lady has a tough job and that he only works there-excuses. He did offer a different room but I’d have to mive all my stuff so I decided to stay and he took out the left over rice. Nobody bothered to throw in a discount because of all of the above. I think the only thing that works in their favor is location. Never coming back and I highly recommend you find smth else.

Location is very close to the beach.

• Reviewed: March 28, 2019

View was good of ocean from window.

No ice bucket in room. Didn't really matter because ice machine didn't work which pissed me off especially for price of room. Floors were dirty. Kept having to dust of feet before getting into bed. Spider webs here & there. No elevator which killed my knees up to 3rd floor. Door latch was broken & missing half of it. No carpet so you hear everything especially from hallway people walking.

View was good of ocean from window. Microwave & fridge in room.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2019

Big rooms with very modern bathrooms.

Would pay some extra dollars for a better breakfast.

Big rooms with very modern bathrooms. Good and cheap, albeit slow connection into the city by tram. Very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: March 16, 2019

Disgusted and disappointed.

Room was absolutely filthy including fridge and microwave. Common areas were shabby. The staff room was beside our bedroom so the room constantly smelt like food. There was no sound proofing, could hear everything around you. Very very noisy. Every door on the floor slammed when closed. Coffee splatters all over the bathroom door. Dirty tissue paper on the floor in the shower. Windows covered in mold and dirt. I bough antibacterial wipes while I was there to wipe everything down myself as it was disgusting. It was too late in the day when we checked in and had no were else to go. I would have checked out immediately otherwise. I am not in the habit of leaving such a bad review as I work in hotels myself but this was on another level of disgusting. I will leave it there. I think you get my point.

Location was great. Tram stop outside the door. Air con is good. Big TV. Big bed and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: March 14, 2019

Pretty decent. Can recommend anyone for a short stay.

Too much noise. There's a Muni light rail stopping nearby and it would always woke me up in the morning. The building itself is probably made of some wood components because every kind of sound from room above or aside or even rains drops can be heard - but the Muni was the worst. If would be tired enough like me then maybe you'll be able to sleep like a dead and don't pay too much attention to it. The parking is open from the street and anyone can get inside (might be a big minus) - if there would be at least some gates closed at night then it might be enough - otherwise it's not safe to keep anything inside the car (like it is not suggested anywhere else in SF ;)).

Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is 3 minutes of walking from the ocean and the Golden Gate Park. It has it's own parking (that's a plus) but it's open from the street and anyone can get there (that might be a big minus). There are some groceries, nice cafe's and restaurants nearby (specially suggest the Trouble Coffee and Celia's by the Sea on the same street).

• Reviewed: March 10, 2019

Location to the beach

Didn’t feel safe, staff unavailable. Someone entered my room without my permission making me feel unsafe. Paint peeling off wall dirty

Location to the beach

• Reviewed: March 5, 2019

Just ok

The luck of a cup of coffee and a pastry’s in the lobby. Also the house keeper has very little knowledge on how to make a room. Every day she forget the little washcloth, the bath rug,etc,etc..very poor keeping.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2019

Worth the money if you are staying on weekdays.

The view is to a parking lot; the walls are a bit thin; therefore it can be hard to sleep if you have noisy neighbors. If you stay during weekdays it's worth the price, quite expensive at the weekends.

The location is good if you like morning walks on the beach, other than that the place is far from the main attractions of the city. The staff is friendly.

• Reviewed: February 25, 2019

Nice, quaint place close to beach and park

The room was decently cleaned. Our original room had some ants and a strong beer smell. We were allowed to switch room upon availability. The walls are thin, someone next door was loud and stayed up almost all night.

Love the location of SeaScape. It is a short distance walk from the beach and Golden Gate Park. The Muni is located just right outside so it is easy to go into the city. There’s also free juice and coffe in the lobby. There is a small fridge and microwave in the room which makes simple meals easy if you don’t want to go out. The beds are very comfortable. The street is quite in general with the exception when the muni passes.

• Reviewed: February 21, 2019

Facilities: The toilet wasn't attached to the seat.

Facilities: The toilet wasn't attached to the seat. Housekeeping knocked on our door at 7:30pm on night 2 to clean the room. There were ants everywhere. Security:The door leading to the hotel rooms has no security and remained open during our stay allowing homeless into the facility. Watched a man get kicked off the BART which conveniently (although loudly) runs directly adjacent to the property. Then watched 4 SFPD and an ambulance take the man away from the train stop. Hotel is unsafe but PD seems ready to respond. Staff: There is no continental breakfast. The lone staff member I saw was never at the front desk and unhelpful when he did arrive,

• Reviewed: February 11, 2019

We would stay again

No hot water in the room for two nights. The staff tried to get it fixed as soon as possible but it was not easy.

The staff worked hard to meet our needs. Close proximity to the beach and Golden Gate Park.

• Reviewed: February 9, 2019

There were issues, but overall the stay was nice

The hotel had no hot water. When I called the front desk, they said they have had issues with the water heater for the last couple of days. It was 9pm and I was told that the hot water would be back on in the next 2 hours. Which was past my bed time. I was told that I could get a 20% discount on my next stay.

I was given a $20 discount in the morning after I complained again about not having hot water the night prior. I was happy that they at least attempted to make it right. The space was quaint but comfortable. There was a deli/cafe next door and it was 2 blocks from the beach.

• Reviewed: February 6, 2019

nice stay

People in the rooms above us were making so much noise at 3am, walls are too thin...

Big nice room, and great shower... Location is just good, metro is just in front of the rooms....

• Reviewed: February 5, 2019

Used as a base and nothing more, probably wouldn’t return.

No hot water throughout the whole of our stay (3 nights), very dusty room, heater was efficient but noisy, trams very loud - windows weren’t double glazed. Bathroom very cold.

Bed was comfortable and huge. Tram outside was convenient, had an iron and board in the room, heater was efficient. Did give us compensation for the issue with no hot water which was very much appreciated. They re-cleaned the room after we requested but still wasn’t great.

• Reviewed: January 31, 2019

The property is great for quick in/out stay, close to small cafes and a walk to and from the beach

The refrigerator wasn't working, had to get an ice bucket to keep our refrigerated items cool. We didn't notify the front desk because someone wasn't always there when we came by. Only staying one night wasn't an issue, but if staying longer it definitely would have been.

I liked that it was walking distance to the beach. And very close to other areas of interest.

• Reviewed: January 26, 2019

Can't beat that ocean location.

No elevator stairs only.

It's across the street from the ocean and has a yummy deli next door. Also free parking which is unheard of in SF. We had a larger room w/a couch which was nice. 3rd flr. has a couole ocean view rooms. Older motel recently remodeled. Easy access to Fwy from Lincoln St a couple blocks over. Golden Gate Park within walking distance.

• Reviewed: January 16, 2019

Sweet, cheap, good value for the money.

Noisy, due to the Judah line termination point right next to the hotel. Bathtub handle fell off the first time I used it.

It was clean and had been updated a bit. The reception area is dated so the room was a pleasant surprise. Java Beach Cafe is right next door - good vibe, coffee and to-go food.

• Reviewed: January 10, 2019

Close to the ocean beach, and tram stop :) so you can go to...

Not good area of S Francisco

Close to the ocean beach, and tram stop :) so you can go to the downtown by tram. Just 40 minutes and 2,75$:)) Nice gay as a receptionist! Free parking!

• Reviewed: January 3, 2019

It was

The floors were dirty. The doors are flimsy and we could hear everything outside. Did not feel or look clean. The door lock was so flimsy, it didn't feel safe.

The location. The beds seemed clean.

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: January 1, 2019

Location is great (N line right in front of the hotel),...

Room 119 has an army of ants marching across the room + paint on the walls needs fixing

Location is great (N line right in front of the hotel), price was reasonable for a 2-night stand on New Year’s eve, staff was very friendly

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

If it wasn’t for the ocean so close by, we would have been more disappointed in this place.

Upon arrival at check in, staff told us they didn’t have a room to match our reservation made on booking and tried to have us go into a double queen room near the pool. We told them that we’re on our honeymoon and we wanted to stay with a king bed. It was after that, a room “magically” became available. In the room, there were big spiderwebs on the balcony, the patio door didn’t lock properly. The pier next to the hotel was very bright and it interfered with the quiet we were hoping for. The door peephole was rather big and there was no cover provided for it.

The view from the private balcony, the see through balcony walls, the sound of the ocean waves on the beach, the valet guys were exceptional and went above and beyond for us, the restaurant was amazing in their food, and check in staff were doing what they could to get us a room that matched our reservation done on Booking.com.

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: October 13, 2018

Perfect for a short stay in San Francisco

Our room was a bit small but the other pair who travelled with us had a bigger room. If you have a light sleep the tram outside could be disturbing but it was ok for us.

Clean and nice room, the bed is really comfortable. The free parking is a great plus and I would recommend trying breakfast at the Java Café nearby. The owner at the reception was very nice and even helped us park our car because we had a pretty big car and the usual spots in the parking lot are very small. The price for the hotel was really good if you compare it to other hotels which are directly in SF and it was no problem for us at all to drive the short distance to Downtown SF or the Pier.

• Reviewed: September 22, 2018

Great location, on site parking, freshly...

Building did not feel secure. Key access door doesn’t close on its own so could almost always be accessed without key card. Room door didn’t close on its own so had to remember to pull it closed snuggly. This also meant noise as everyone slammed their door to close it. No fire sprinkler system. Noise carried between rooms. Ice machine broken entire time I was there. Room was not made up one of the days I was there. No elevator, so had to carry 45 pound suitcase up and down stairs.

Great location, on site parking, freshly painted/inexpensively updated, clean, comfortable bed with nice bedding.

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

I like the location and the fact that it has been...

The housekeeping crew doesn't seem to be very well trained. While I appreciated the fact that I was able to register early I don't think it should have cause this housekeeping to be less than proper period the next day when they came I asked them to clean the glass shelves of the refrigerator which were quite dirty. Housekeeping never shows up until very late in the afternoon so I've been out all day and want to rest and here comes housekeeping. The garbage didn't get emptied until the end of the third day. After I asked them to do it but I'm not sure if they might not have done it anyway. They didn't do it the second day.

I like the location and the fact that it has been refurbished in the last few years. Public transit is right there which makes it convenient. It is close to Golden Gate Park and Ocean Beach. Also Java Beach Cafe is next door and it's wonderful. The front desk staff is very polite and helpful

• Reviewed: August 22, 2018

Oldie but goodie.

The rooms are described as newly remodeled and they are but already becoming run down. The rooms were in need of detail cleaning, our coffee machine was broke, there was an earring stuck in the wall, the shudders were broken. If you are a light sleeper then this place is not for you.. As there is a trolly station right below the rooms. I also booked on booking.com and booked a "room with view" and when I got there he said there wasn't any.

I loved the location!! There was a small cafe right outside the motel and the beach was right across the way. The bed was comfortable and the linens looked and smelt clean. There was parking, which is awesome for San Francisco. If you could get past the trolly noise and the rooms being slightly run down then this place is a diamond in the rough.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2018

Overall we had a nice stay.

It was a bit noisy. The people in the room next to us were very loud so it was hard to sleep. No carpeting to insulate the sound but understandable because if the sand from the beach. Much easier to keep the floors clean without carpet. That was really the only drawback.

The room was very nice. Windows looked out to the ocean. Very clean. The staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: August 8, 2018

Potential Jewel which Needs a Polish.

See above.

Location was within walking distance to Golden Gate Park. We could walk to the very lovely Andytown Coffee and Devi’s Teeth Bakery. The trolley was right outside the front door and connected to the bus routes that can take you to all the tourist spots.

• Reviewed: July 31, 2018

You cannot enjoy the beach while for visiting the downtown...

You cannot enjoy the beach while for visiting the downtown and attractions, you have to bear the transportation costs. The hotel is too far from the downtown and attractions. The nearby beach is also not at all good, for which i had booked this hotel.

• Reviewed: July 30, 2018

Very nice place to stay to visit San Francisco & have some quiet time at the beach!

Difficult to communicate with the personal.

Very nice room. Closed to the beach, away from downtown, so more relaxed. Two nice cafes around. Tram in front of the door.

• Reviewed: July 22, 2018

Relatively inexpensive and nice place to stay

I had asked that our towels not be changed every day but the cleaning staff did not get the message. I did not have the feeling that they swept or mopped well every day. The hotel did not have an elevator so you had to haul your bags up when you arrived and left. Though someone was there when we arrived and checked us in, it seemed that the front door to the office was often locked when we wanted to get coffee or orange juice.

We stayed 6 nights and were given a very nice room with a view of the ocean (though it was very foggy and usually we never saw much of it). It also had a nice skylight in the bathroom and a row of windows along the entire wall facing the ocean. We were told that July has the worst weather and the greatest likelihood of fog. The room was large and appeared somewhat remodeled. The TV was one of the easiest to operate of any hotel and had a number of channels. There were two places to eat nearby. The Java Beach cafe on one corner had a nice selection of breakfast as well as lunch items. We did not try the other place. (The hotel also had a place where you could get orange juice, coffee, oatmeal and sometimes breakfast bars.) The hotel is located very close to the beach and it is easy to take a walk there. The Golden Gate Park is just a few blocks north of the hotel and easy to reach. We were also able to walk up toward park north of the Golden Gate Park where the Cliffs House is as well as the Sutro Baths and Seal Rocks. There is a streetcar that is in front of the hotel that brings one into the city (though it is a long ride...30 to 40 minutes and costs $2.75 a person per ride and the driver cannot give change). The hotel is more expensive than most that I have stayed at but it was inexpensive by San Francisco standards.

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

The beds are comfortable.

I was traveling with a family of four. The neighborhood is sketchy at night, during the day it’s not a problem. I was able to put a lot aside but when I checked into the hotel we were unpacking and I found various loose pills in a drawer. I was shocked and threw them out immediately. I have a four year old so to imagine that she could have gotten to them while I was busy unpacking or what not make me cringe. The room was dusty and even an old coffee filter was left in the coffee machine. Im not picky and I don’t mean to sound like a snob but come on!!! I spoke to the manager (maybe owner) and he apologized. Unfortunately, that was all that was done. The room wasn’t cleaned to a different standard it seems they just made the bed and picked up and dropped off towels. We were attempting to get ice from the ice machine and the same manager or owner stated that someone took all the ice and we would have to wait a while before there would be any available. The following morning we attempted to get ice again and a guest said it wasn’t working and they told him the same story of someone have taken all the ice. I wanted to give the establishment the benefit of the doubt but you should just stay away. I know it’s a budget motel and i know better than to expect luxury But the least I can get for my stay and my hard earned money is a clean room! Stay away and go somewhere else or you’ll regret it the way I did!

The beds are comfortable.

• Reviewed: June 21, 2018

Pleasant four-night stay, responsive management.

Price seemed high for the facility.

Management was exceedingly responsive to my needs: Requested a street-side room, after assurance that I don't mind the noise (frequent trolley cars & loud partiers). Replaced defective refrigerator immediately upon report; came up to show me how to operate the coffee maker. OTHER LIKES: King bed was very comfortable. Windows opened to fresh ocean breezes. A pleasant four-night stay all around!

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

Renovated, comfortable bed, air conditioner/heater, nice...

It is really noisy during nights so take some earplugs with you if you are a light sleeper (or get very tired during the day:) )

Renovated, comfortable bed, air conditioner/heater, nice location close to the Golden Gate Park and nearby the beach. Easy check-in/check-out.

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

Close to the beach and very clean and comfortable rooms.

Close to the beach and very clean and comfortable rooms. Excellent acess to the muni transportation system. Also haso a lil bistro on the corner.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

Closeness to Golden Gate Park and the beach

No screens on windows....had children.....VERY DANGEROUS! LOUD....trolley car right outside of window.....

Closeness to Golden Gate Park and the beach

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Awesome neighborhood, very noisy.

There is no elevator but most importantly, our room was right next to the hotel sign outside which was flailing in the strong winds and kept us awake at night.

The locationnis great, close to the metro and several small shops and restaurants! The beach is also close, so is the park. With public transport it's a 30 minute ride to the downtown area.

• Reviewed: May 10, 2018

Cozy and clean with modern interior design.

Toilet seat broken/wobbly. Need upgrade windows or walls for noise reduction.

Clean and newer modern look. Free parking and fridge in room. Near the beach and park.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Loverly rooms with good public transport to Union Square.

This hotel of fine. Good access to the beach and Union Square without the need of a car. Although the corridors are small and the stairs could have been cleaner the rooms more than make up for it. Its probably slightly overpriced especially considering the breakfast is very limited.

This hotel had very nice hardwood floor rooms which were nicely decorated. The rooms had everything apart from a safe. This hotel is at the end of a tram line so car free access to Union Square is only about half an hour away and only costs $2.75 each way for an adult. Our room was on the front of the hotel so we could clearly hear the trams and although I'm a light sleeper it didn't bother me too much. My mum has problems walking and although they moved us from the second floor to the first floor it was still hard for her as there are no lifts.

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

The Sunset District is a great place to stay. My bike was stolen but that was more our fault for fai

The N Judah line is right outside. That is convenient. If you are accustomed to city noise it is of no concern to hear them pull in and out

We didn't look for breakfast or coffee. The beds were exceedingly comfortable!

• Reviewed: March 14, 2018

Safe and good.

How about a comforter on the bed?

The room is well lit and spacious the bed is comfortable. The TV works great. Fantastic location, within walking distance to the beach and to many good restaurants. My only complaint is that there weren’t enough covers on the bed! A comforter would be nice. The heater works great, though.

• Reviewed: January 28, 2018

Cheap and clean to explore West SF

You can hear the tram but I was "hidding" that sound by the very noisy (but constant) heater. It is a little far from the city center but the tram is right around the corner so it should take you 1 h to go all the way to the financial district

I travel a lot for business and I am used to stay in "chain" hotels. I have to say that I rarely get a wifi speed good like here. This is a very good location to visit the Golden Gate Park or stay at the beach. The free parking is very convenient.

• Reviewed: January 23, 2018

Room was dirty. Everything about the hotel seemed slightly off.

The room was very dirty. There were dirty dishes left on the table in our room. The sheets had hairs on them so I don't think they were changed after the last guest.

Location is awesome

• Reviewed: November 28, 2017

Surprisingly decent place to stay in the outer sunset area.

Could do better with cleaning around the edges (not the room but hallways and in general).

Nice spacious and updated room. Easy parking (which is a big bonus in that area). Good staff, quick and willing to help.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2017

Bed was very firm.

Lights out in room; requested change of bulbs-- request never met. Sink in bathroom very slow. Building could be more noise-proof. Breakfast most meager I've ever seen. Front desk help always required ringing bell to get someone.

Bed was very firm. Convenient to local breakfast spots,.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2017

Brilliant location for getting into town on public transport...

No information or vouchers for trips out !

Brilliant location for getting into town on public transport ! Close to beach . Very nice cafe up the road . Beachside Coffee Bar.

• Reviewed: November 10, 2017

Okay stay, but hygiene falls short.

Hygiene in the hotel and cleanliness of the room was unacceptable. Hairs from a previous occupant in the shower, stains in the bedlinnen and lots of dust on the window blinds and floor. This really needs to improve and this was disappointing. The hotel in general is not very clean. There was dust in the general corridors and an ice machine near the entrance was leaking. Not a very welcoming sight. When I entered the room, it smelt stuffy forcing me to open windows to ventilate. Kept the windows open throughout my stay. The hotel does not have an elevator, so guests with mobility problems may have to opt for a different hotel. All in all, the hotel did not meet my hygiene standards and therefore I would probably not stay here again. If you are on a budget and interested in surfing at Ocean Beach, this hotel would be a good choice because of its convenient location near the beach.

The hotel is conveniently located next to a MUNI Metro stop (Ocean Beach, N-Line), which literally stops right in front of the hotel. Mind you, it takes about 45 minutes to get to downtown San Francisco. The hotel is also minutes away from Ocean Beach and a 10 minute walk to Golden Gate Park. The Java Beach Cafe next door serves great coffee, breakfast and lunch. Staff at the reception was very friendly, welcoming and accommodating. A technical issue in my room was dealt with very swiftly. The room itself was recently refurbished and the bed was very nice and comfortable. There is a coffeemaker, ironboard and heardryer in the room.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2017

It was nice room for the one night stay but not happy with the toilet and parking.

Unfortunately the toilet didnt flush right and the parking was limited and we had to park on the street..and there is no elevator so we had to carry everything up 3 flights of stairs..

The bed was comfortable and the room was spacious!

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

No elevator. Parking is a joke. Tiny spots.

No elevator. !!! Small place. Awakened at 4 am Sunday morning by street people getting bottles out of garbage. Not quiet. Not friendly. No discounts offered. Staff was Meh. If you like hostels, though this isn't officially, you will be okay staying here.

The location is great, if you are familiar with the area. It is not in a touristy area, but was close to visit friends in the neighborhood. And next to the ocean!

• Reviewed: October 22, 2017

Motel was centrally located from Golden Gate Park,the Zoo...

Motel was centrally located from Golden Gate Park,the Zoo and the beach. Public transportation pickup and drop off points were close and convenient.

• Reviewed: October 17, 2017

Room was remodeled and nice and clean as promised though getting to it was not the best.

Entry to the rooms was through a narrow unfinished hallway. Three flights of stairs to our room. TV didn't work and manager had to figure out how to get a remote to work. He eventually got it to work, but TV didn't work with remote completely. Parking lot area still unfinished and not enough parking for every room. Rooms in front would get noise from streetcar. No actual hotel amenities. More like a motel with inside hallway. Streetcar took almost an hour to get downtown.

Staff was pleasant and helpful. Room was remodeled and clean. Everything looked new and well designed in the room and bathroom. Nice shutters on the windows. Convenient transportation to downtown and all points between on N Judah streetcar right in front of hotel.

• Reviewed: October 13, 2017

I will stay here again anytime I'm in the area

Parking was limited, very tight maneuvering but this is typical for San Francisco

Room with a view of the ocean. Very clean very comfortable. Very short walk to beach and restaurants.

• Reviewed: October 6, 2017

Newly remodeled - but they forgot to add noise insulation.

There is very little noise insulation in the doors so you could easily hear closing doors, footsteps, cell phone conversations, and your neighbor's TV. The hotel is also located at the end of the MUNI line, so the MUNI trains are constantly going by. Location was great, but getting to and staying asleep was quite the challenge.

The rooms were newly remodeled and felt very clean and fresh. Location is great, steps away from ocean beach and a short walk to California Park.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2017

a lot of noise, uninsulated rooms, everything is heard.

a lot of noise, uninsulated rooms, everything is heard....away from the sights....Surface cleaning though the rooms are freshly renovated...many beggars near the hotel

• Reviewed: September 16, 2017

Nice place to get the feeling of the town

There was an unpleasemt mold on the window in the shower and there are 3 floors no elevator!!! If you have bags it's important

Very good location having the muni train and parking close by Great coffee at the area

• Reviewed: September 12, 2017

nice but probably not again due to the cost

it was a bit expensive for the accommodations, rather loud, no carpet, and the people above me came in at 230 am and went to bed at 3am so it was a bad night sleep the first night.

Bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: September 12, 2017

Nice find, close to beach, park and eats.

Just a little on the expensive side for the location and amenities.

Newly renovated rooms. Close to the beach. Not far from some good eats. Staff was nice.

• Reviewed: September 11, 2017

Fantastic hotel

Because everything is brand new pg&e hadn't approved the hotel for air conditioning use yet, we stayed here on the only hot days in SF, so it was uncomfortably hot, but that should be resolved in the near future. Our neighbors were super loud drunks and we were kept awake with their yelling and fighting until 2am, although that's not the hotels fault. Besides those 2 things I do wish they had more room options, they only offer one bed with a kitchenette and one or two beds without a kitchenette. We really needed 2 beds and a kitchenette but they don't have them at all, we made do though and I'd still stay here and bring a single air mattress or cot because it really is a nice hotel.

Everything is brand new, looks very updated, clean, awesome artistic black and white photos on walls and other stylish decor. Affordable kitchenette rooms, staff is very friendly, I will definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2017

Great Stay in a Quiet Sunset Neighborhood

3 Flights of Stairs. No Elevator. Limited Parking

Good size Room. Newly remodeled.Clean. Easy access to the Beach. Great small restaurants in walking distance.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2017

Awesome job on the upgraded rooms.

I had a bit of a negative experience at the front desk. I don't think it was the main front desk guy, probably a family member. I went in around 10am for coffee. Guy was sitting in the lobby, not at the desk. He was watching tv. Coffee station was out of cups, so I asked about cups. He pointed to where there were no cups. He looked under the cabinet, saw there were no cups, said "I'll get them later," and went back to watching his show. Oooookaaaaaay.

Awesome job on the upgraded rooms. New paint. New mattresses. Cleaner looking facilities.

• Reviewed: August 9, 2017

Not that happy, lots of work to ne done.

Remodeling going on during stay. No chair in the room to sit in had to ask for one and got broken office chair from the painter. Security door unlocked entire time. Was unprepared when arrived even though we made reservations in advanced. TV was hooked up wrong Over priced for what we had to deal with.Lots of damage on walls took pictures to make sure we didn't get billed for it.

Bathroom was nice

• Reviewed: August 8, 2017

Was close to the ocean.

They should have continental breakfast. Instead they had coffee, water and some bars. Otherwise everything was awesome.

Was close to the ocean. Also, was close to the Japanese garden, young and academy sience museums, golden bridge park and botanical garden.we just walk there and enjoy the nature.

We Price Match