Reviews of OceanView Motel 3 stars

16196 Pacific Coast Highway, Huntington Beach, CA 92649, USA

#16 of 16 hotels in Huntington Beach

6.2

6.1

Nice budget motel, close to the beach.

There is a $200 deposit for incidentals. I had rented 3 rooms so I had $600 in unexpected room deposits.

This is a no frills motel. It is clean and comfortable. It is not a beachfront hotel and there is no ocean view but the ocean is across the street and down a bit further. Overall we had a nice stay. There are small refrigerators, microwaves and coffee makers which was very convenient.

I am not coming back to that hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room with Extra Bed - Non-Smoking

The room was not very clean to the point that I really didn't want to sleep there as I was afraid that the beds were also no clean. The toilet was dirty.

Near the beach

I was very disappointed considering the cost.
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non Smoking

The spa tub was old, a rag went into the spa drain and it came back out yellow, there was mold around the bath tub and mirrors. The room had a stench, there was no iron in the room I had to go downstairs to the office and get one then return it after use each time. The name of the room is deceiving because there is no ocean view from the room and the staff person talks over you when asking questions... I didn’t enjoy my stay at all. I booked for the spa tub and was very disappointed.

the only thing that was comfortable was the bed....

Would not recommend this motel to my worst enemy!
    • Standard King Room - Non Smoking

Misleading photo's on website the pier is 7 miles away but photo shows it outside the windows. No WIFI, no breakfast,no shuttle.raised price by $35.00 when checking in, was actually checked in after midnight and made us leave early

TV and AC

if your a light sleeper look somewhere else because your in...

rude Management.

if your a light sleeper look somewhere else because your in the main street and it gets loud with traffic . also make sure you have a $200 deposit ready cash or on card if your trying to stay

Very grateful we only had to stay one night.
    • Standard King Room - Non Smoking

Paint peeling off walls- beat-up furniture- hooks on wall where art (?) used to be-sticky floors- loud highway noise day and night.

Short drive to public beaches. Not walking distance unless you are fond of walking on extremely busy highway with no pedistrian access. The room did have a microwave and small refrigerator. The TV helped drown out the highway noise and the couple on the other side of the wall from us.

This was located close to the beach
    • Deluxe Double Room with Extra Bed - Non-Smoking

There was no view of the ocean from the hotel, rooms were tiny and in disrepair, and the linens were old and shabby. This place was definitely not worth the price.

This was located close to the beach

Horrible
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

The bath tub has someone else's hair in it which was totally disgusting! The location was on one of the busiest, loudest streets ever, and the neighbors next door sounded like they were moving furniture all night!

Not too much!

Location, had a fridge and micro
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

No blankets. Just sheets and a topper. No clock, not a single picture on the wall. Dirty around the edges. In morning knock on door and told times up.

Location, had a fridge and micro

I stay here every time I'm in town. It's easy going place and they never knock at 6am!
    • Standard King Room - Non Smoking

Someday I hope they upgrade the elevator. It's slow and lumbering but it works so I shouldn't complain.

I love this place. It's quiet, close to the beach and good eating establishments.

So close to the beach.
    • Standard King Room - Non Smoking

So close to the beach. Walking distance to beach and bars and restaurants. Easy Uber to nearby piers. We plan to do this short getaway every year here.

Overall..had a good stay..
    • Deluxe Double Room with Extra Bed - Non-Smoking

Price and upkeep and sanitizing a must should smell clean not musty.or stuffy.

No breakfast for price ,paid $180.00 1day, Paint is chipping off walls..Bathroom smelled like urine.Needs improvement and updating looks like 80's furniture n decor.pillows shrunk.thought it offered ocean view..Not true.can't see ocean.Over all place is descent..staff is NICE.

uncomfortable
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non Smoking

It needs to be remodeled and cleaned. I think the only reason people stay because ii's is so close to beach.

The room was unkempt and needs to be painted. The bathroom was not clean, the spa tub was dirty. The paint was chipping off walls and smells like mold. I am very sensitive to mold and started coughing the night we stayed there, and it has progressed to bronchitis. I'm getting better after a trip to doctor and antibiotic.

Proximity to the beach
    • Standard King Room - Non Smoking

Dated and in need of minor repair. microwave was dangerous, burnt paper coffee cup before coffee was hot. Could have used a tub stopper

Proximity to the beach Low price, View Comfortable bed. Mini fridge

The bathtub was amazing.
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non Smoking

Couldn’t see the beach. Wasn’t close enough to walk to the beach. Was mislead in the property pictures.

The bathtub was amazing. I used my bathbombs almost every night.

Will not stay again
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

It looked like our bedding wasn’t changed from the previous visitors. The bed was made but there were strange brown stains on the blanket and sheets. We of course got them to replace but no discount was offered. And when we first got there the owner looked at us like we were bad people that shouldn’t be staying there.

beaches were decently close even though we couldn’t see it from our room.

I will never book a motel again that doesn't offer refunds.Could of got better motel for same price.
    • Standard King Room - Non Smoking

Noise from highway (motorcycles and cars 24 hours), no refund policy sucks. (if you book for 6 days and you don't like room you loose payment if you go to another hotel), not as advertised on web site

they made beds everyday and cleaned room.

Nasty
    • Deluxe Double Room with Extra Bed - Non-Smoking

Place was horrible ghetto the pictures are fake the pictures don’t match the stay room smelled the night I stayed a women screaming and getting beat up I don’t recommend this place for no one especially if u have kids front desk lady was rude

Nothing horrible motel ever

The price was not bad at all for a weekend.
    • Standard King Room - Non Smoking

There is nothing to not like!! This place was great!

The price was not bad at all for a weekend. You can see the view of the ocean if your on the third floor. The bed is comfy and room is clean and to top it off... we had room 311!!!! The purpose of my best friend and I trip!!

Quite & Comfortable
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

It was quiet & clean, there were plenty of places around to visit & the staff there was Honest & lastly parking was a no stress as you could park on the property🌞...

Overall, the stay was very pleasant
    • Standard King Room - Non Smoking

There really isn’t anything that I didn’t like. Although I did have to go down to the office and ask for another coffee cup as there was two of us and only one coffee cup. Overall,

The convenience of the location to family who live in the area.

That is a difficult question given the "undone"...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Extra Bed - Non-Smoking

Spackled walls, broken sink, cat urine smell, unclean floors, extremely low toliet.

That is a difficult question given the "undone" state of our room. No bugs!Dr. Visit

relaximg
    • Standard King Room - Non Smoking

The sound of the traffic of PCH, but that is pretty standard anywhere in Southern California

This Motel is value for your money. Room was clean, staff was very nice, and we enjoyed staying there. Will definitely come back.

We were happy to just be by the ocean!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Extra Bed - Non-Smoking

PCH 1 is loud, but that is to be expected and there isnothing anyone can do about that.

The front desk was super helpful with recommendations on food. Sunset Beach is a short walk away.

It was close to our destination in Anaheim
    • Deluxe Double Room with Extra Bed - Non-Smoking

Hotels name and pics say ocean view but you can only see the ocean from afar if your booked on the third floor . We were on the second floor and could not see anything . There are tall condos and a tall wall between hotel and beach and no public beach access across from hotel either. Very disappointed in location . Was hoping to walk down the beach at the end of the day before turning in but had to ride down to pier off Main Street just to get to the beach .

It was close to our destination in Anaheim

wont stay there again
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

The staff was rude. The insane $200 deposit that was only mentioned in the fine print. The bed was lumpy and squeaked like crazy. My room was above the office and smelled like curry the whole stay.

The company I kept

Thankfully it was only one day.
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

The front desk clerk, the hidden office to check in. The assumption I would trash the room and had to give a deposit. The dim lighting in the parking lot and that there was only maybe 2 others guests in the entire place.

Liked Taco Surf restaurant across the street.

It was good but not what I expected from the pictures.
    • Standard King Room - Non Smoking

There was no mention of a deposited needed until after booking the room and there was no cancellation available. The deposit was 200 dollars on top of the 120 I was already paying.

Everything looked clean.

Location was great!
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

Woman at the counter was very rude and condascending...she was not nice, never smiled once...treated us like she could care less that we were there.

Location was great!

Win some you Lose some!
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

The lady at the front desk that checked us in was not very friendly . They ask for a $200 deposit when checking in, in case some one smokes in the room. Rooms are in desperate need of a major make over, curtains were filthy had mold stains on them, ceiling in bathroom had mold stains. This NOT a beachfront property, traffic noise from The Pacific Coast Highway, which starts around 4-5AM.

The price.

In and out without issue-what more could you want?
    • Standard King Room - Non Smoking

If you are looking for beach access (we were not) there is none and we probably had the only room that had an "ocean view" from 3rd floor between buildings. But for the area cheapest clean room by far.

Value for dollar it was a fast easy stay. We had very late (after midnight) check in and early out (before 8am) and there were no issues at all.

I wish I lived here

NOTHING

The sky was gorgeous at night. The room was so cute a cozy and had everything you could need! You could hear the sea lions and I loved that so much. Also, need I say, personal hot tub?! The pic is is signing our marriage license. IN THE ROOM!

Awful and disgusting!
    • Deluxe King Room with Partial Sea View

The owners/managers were rude, and the room was disgusting. Although it appeared clean, it smelled terribly. I still can't get that awful smell out of my clothes. When I checked out I asked about bed bugs, and the manager informed me they did have them 2 years ago. This is really like the Bate motel!

Great location, easy access to many amenities and beach,...
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

The building could use some up grades, room was super small but suited our purpose as we were not in room much except for sleeping and showering. The Motel sign should be elevated, very difficult to spot when unfamiliar with the area, it was necessary to find other area markers to spot it.

Great location, easy access to many amenities and beach, comfortable bed!~

Comfortable
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

I understand the check out times, but my son was getting married. Got there at 1 couldn't check in until 3, wedding at 5. But they were accomodating that I was checked in a 2.

Everything was very nice. The room was so comfortable that I wished I could of stayed longer

I hadn't anticipated needing to spend a night away and...
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

I hadn't anticipated needing to spend a night away and found this place, on the fly. It was clean, affordable, easy to reach and was close to several great restaurants (particularly the outstanding Himalayan Grill). The only negative is that it's right on PCH. You can expect traffic sounds, at all hours, but if you prepare and bring ear plugs, who cares! I'd stay again, in a heart beat. Nice folks, too.

The beach is a mile away and it had free parking and easy...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Extra Bed - Non-Smoking

The beds were hard, the spa tube did not work, the fridge did not work, and the lady was rude,

The beach is a mile away and it had free parking and easy access to it.

Will not be staying there in future.
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

On busy highway with no ocean view at all. Loud water sound when upper floor flushed toilet. The room did not even have a picture on walls.

They aloud us early check in but charged us 45.00.

Generally okay staff was very nice and helpful
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

I was told the tub was a spa jet tub. It was just a plain tub with a shower head that did not move. Refrigerator was not plugged in so my cold food was put into a warm refrigerator. Definitely no Oceanview there just backs of buildings

I would not book that place again.
    • Standard King Room - Non Smoking

The room felt very uncomfortable, there were holes in the wall next to the TV, pillow were flat and hard like a rock, toilet bowl was dirty, paint was peeling off the wall.

I like the fact that the Ocean View Motel was within a walking distance to the beach. The room smelled neutral, most likely due to the bare floor and non-smoking policy.

It was a nice facility. Needs work on customer service.
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

AC wasn't cold. We lost our room key and took an hour for the owner to wake up and help us.

Room was very clean. Was very close to the beach at a good rate.

The person whom I checked in with was great!

Liked everything

The person whom I checked in with was great! I wanted to tell her when I checked out but she wasn't there. Great deal and very comfortable!

owner was very helpful and stay was nice after changing rooms. will go there again.
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

On our 1st night, the A/C was really loud and did not cool. The fridge was old and the door did not close as tightly as it should and my ice cubes did not freeze. owner said setting was too low which was on high. We asked to be moved to another room, which she did. ... although we had to wait 1-1/2 to have the other room cleaned and for us to move.... sad, wasted time on our vacation.

Our 2nd night there was good... newer fridge worked and froze ice cubes in a good time., A/C worked and was quiet.

Should be named "Streetview" not OceanView
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

After the evaluation on booking.com I was abused by the hotel by mail "book what you want do not complain read properly while you make reservation very cheap customer." the Motel is right on the street and very noisy unfortunately, they should provide ear plugs, ALL ROOMS TO THE STREET SIDE, to get a view to the Ocean it is hard to find, and this motel will not gain a price for cleanliness, furniture partly very worn

Area around this motel is friendly and save, good neighborhood, the images on booking.com give a good impression so that u know what u get

Great value for the money. Friendly staff.
    • Standard King Room - Non Smoking

Close to coast highway. Noisey all night from vehicle traffic.

Rooms updated. Great shower water pressure. Comfortable bedding. Great eating options in walking distance.

It was a bed near where I need to be and that's all.
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non Smoking

OMG this places needs to be refurbished! We called the front desk right away to make sure they knew about the holes in the walls. They said yes, no problem. Really, fix it don't just leave it if you know about it. Gross care of facilities.

Great location and very near where I needed to be in the morning.

It was ok.
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non Smoking

It wasn't exactly what I expected. The picture that I saw didn't match to the room I was put in. Definitely not a 5 star rating but it is close to the beach. And the room was small for the price.

Beach and restaurants are close by. We went to an Italian restaurant called That's Amore. Great food. Beautiful place.

Comfortable clean room, elevator to third floor, lots of...
    • Standard King Room - Non Smoking

Comfortable clean room, elevator to third floor, lots of free parking. Great little diner open 24 hours up the road.24/7 store close by. Had to drive to beach which wasn't a problem as we only stayed over night. Good value.. Breakfast at The Sugar Shack was great. Beach was nice. ,

Excellent place to stay the night.
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

Due to the fact that the motel was on a busy highway, it was a little noisy at night. But, the air conditioner was helpful in drowning out most of the noise.

Staff was courteous and knowledgeable about local offerings. Loved that it was just a short walk to the best beach!

3.5
    Old proberty with no ocean view.
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

There is NO ocean view. Old proberty, old room with broken mirror. Location needs to be indicated EXCATLY into the navigaton, anotherwice you will not find the property.

Very convenient location and easily accessible
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

VERY frustrated with the internet service. I needed internet in the evenings and it was not working. I had to pay for an outside service. The shower/tub faucet was not easy to use for those with severe arthritis. I had to ask family for assistance to turn it on and adjust temperature.

Very convenient location and easily accessible

Was a pleasant stay overall in a nice location. We would return.
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

The owner (lady) should learn how to smile which gives a welcoming presence. It was very business like. The coffee section was minimum, nothing extra. I can imagine, it must be very hard running a hotel but a pleasant smile is not going to cost the lady anything!!! It will bring business.

The beds were comfortable and the room was clean.

The stay was great.
    • Standard King Room - Non Smoking

So upon checking in, I was told there would be a $200.00 security deposit. There were no pets, no kids, and no group, just my best friend and I. I totally understand the need for this, I just wish I would have known, as we were 2 broke students traveling from colorado, if we didn't have it (plus the 250 for the 2 night stay) it would have been a waste of everyone's time and a bit awkward as well.

The front staff are AWESOME. I was having phone trouble and could not get it to charge, which had my reservation info on it. She went out of her way to use her computer in a room that was undergoing construction. It was so sweet. Also, the rooms were awesome. Incredible views off the balcony. Comfy beds, space for clothes, awesome fully equipped bathroom.

Older Motel, close to beach but very close to highway noise.
    • Standard King Room - Non Smoking

Its an older older hotel. You get a bed, tv, bathroom, small table. Beds were fair. TRAFFIC out side is VERY LOUD all night long, you are right on PCH. The price on booking.com did help since it saved $60.00 a night But I still think I would find another hotel next time just because of the noise.

It was close to beach that you could walk there. The room was clean. The staff were very nice.

Dreadful hotel/motel write up for hotel is huge exaggeration!!!
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

Ice machine out of service; towels were postage size; no access to beach; no view of beach from our floor; no sink stopper/plunger; floors were peeling; rust everywhere; noisey street sounds; noisy air conditioner; charged enormous fee if wanted to cancel; and $45 fee each room to check in 2 hours early. Would not return to this property and I have always booked with Booking.com.

Bed was decent.

Good for a one night stay
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

The motel is on the main highway PCH1. Heavy traffic all night long. AC unit was noisy. So we didn't get much sleep.

Friendly office manager. Fair price for room on very short notice. Basic accommodation, was clean. Nice showers. Good parking. Nice community.

Not as advertised!!
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

Refrigerator didn't work and was unplugged by management every time we left. AC was turned off when we went out of the room. Is not a beach front property. Front desk staff to not make you feel welcome, just wanted to complain about fraud in the business, hotel industry costing so much more everywhere else. No Spa tub in room. Lots of road noise and bad seals on the windows and doors. Information on the site is fraudulent for there's no facilities on the property, no private beach, no massage, or any of that. They're describing the city and area not there hotel facilities.

Find a Different Motel/Hotel
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

Note: The bonus question about the property's "style" doesn't have a relevant choice. The facility is "worn"; Five nights ran me $548, which is a rip-off; A more appropriate price would be $50-$60/night! Room was small; Uncomfortable chairs; Small bathroom; Shower is minimalist; I stayed on the second floor and the elevator is aged and needs some major service; Driving from the parking lot onto the Pacific Coast Highway is a challenge due to the continuous flow of traffic; No continental breakfast; Poor access to grocery stores or markets;

Not much

A little get away
    • Standard King Room - Non Smoking

We were a little concerned on why they took the money out before we checked it but it was all clarified in the end.

The stay was nice. We enjoyed our time and the distance to the beach was not bad at all.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

It was a clean bed.
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

We had NO ocean view as we were across the street and behind a row of two story houses----they had the ocean view! I thought that I paid a premium price for what turned out to be a Motel 6. Very unhappy!

We were close to our friend's place.

Not the best place to stay
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

We can hear cars, especially motorcycles, passing by from inside our room making it difficult to sleep. The water heater was shut off or wasn't working during our last night at the motel and the morning we checked out. We had to switch our first room that we checked in because it wasn't properly cleaned. And the tv and refrigerator stopped working the morning after we checked in. We didn't get power back until later that morning.

The shower head was like a pressured shower head making our shower felt like we were in a jacuzzi. The wife of the owner was very understanding and accommodated us the best that she could, I can't say the same thing about the owner himself. Although the parking lot was small there was always a parking space available.

Run down motel in a safe location.

Stated above.

No daily cleaning; have to ask for clean towels each day. Advertised with jetted tubs (no jets; just a 1-piece fiberglass tub/shower); generic WiFi for entire property (no security; e.g. last name of person staying in room); advertised with wood parquet flooring (room had rubberized vinyl floor covering only, I wore my flip-flops 100% of the time). Safe location and good proximity to shopping and restaurants.

horrible
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

bed sheets were not changed found hair in the sheets so I slept on top with my own blankets, lady at front desk not friendly and will not let you park up front, I will not stay here again

not much

Not a bad spot
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

The noise from the highway that the motel was on. It was ok once the air con in the room was on.

Close to food and in a good location if you have a car. May be a bit tricky if you don't have a car.

Quick walk to a beautiful beach.

No pool or tiki bar.

Clean room and beds. Microwave, mini refrigerator, great pressure in the shower. 5 min walk to beach or drive and park free across the street in the parking lot for all the stores and restaurants. Beach was clean and not crowded in the beginning in June. You will have to drive to get to Huntington Beach pier. Also just a 25 min drive to Long Beach aquarium and boat tours.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Good for a night
    • Deluxe Double Room with Extra Bed - Non-Smoking

The staff wasn't very friendly at all. I felt like my son & I were an inconvenience. All we did was check in & out when dealing with staff though. There really is no ocean view. You may get a little glimpse if you stay on the 3rd floor. Directly across the street is a neiboorhood that blocks 99% of a view. It's right off of PCH so it's pretty noisy.

The location is good. Close to beaches. Pretty easy to get to being right off PCH. There's a great restaurant in walking distance called Don the Beachcomber. It's a tiki themed place with neat atmosphere.

Good for the price, and just to sleep at!
    • Standard King Room - Non Smoking

The room was very outdated. The paint was chipped a lot on the walls, the table and chairs were old and beat up. It was clean but the linens were quite outdated. The dresser was missing a drawer. For the money and the fact that we were only sleeping there it was ok, but it did not look anything like advertised pictures.

NEVER STAY AT OCEANVIEW MOTEL
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

Everything about the hotel: Room was the size of a jail cell! Bed was like sleeping on a wood floor. AC did not work. Bathroom had black mold on walls. Room smelled like curry Cleanliness was horriable at this hotel

Nothin except that it was in Huntington Beach

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Don't bother
    • Standard King Room - Non Smoking

It was a joke very poor customer service! That bath room was the size of a postage stamp!

Staff Rude did not answer phone had to go down.
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non Smoking

Staff Rude did not answer phone had to go down. Spa in room needed cleansing water and plug wouldn't insert, took time. Outside old dingy vending machine. Never again!

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

5 min from the beach but that's about it
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

The property and room is a little outdated, and the door for the room was ajar even when closed so road noise made it hard to sleep. But good for a cheap place to sleep. They also put a 200$ hold on your credit card for incidentals. A little bit high for such an outdated place.

They upgraded us to a king size room for free and it was 5-7 min driving to Huntington Beach.

Comfy bed, but no oceanview like the hotel claims.
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

Lower deposit, and an actual oceanview.

The king size bed was great, however the light in the bathroom did not turn off, so we had to close the door all night. I think the deposit of $200 is pretty high though. There is no Oceanview and you have to walk 10 minutes to the beach where there are no bathrooms. Other than that, we had a great time.

Never stating here again
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

It had no view of the ocean even tho it advertised that it did. Staff wasnt very helpful, our room wasnt as clean as is should have been upon check in. For the price that we paid it just was not worth it at all.

The bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Horrible staff, very uncomfortable stay
    • Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

Very rude at the front desk. Kept complaining to me how people book two to a room but then have many more. Complained to me about all of the things others do. Im 62, just me and my fiancee. Why was she complaining to me about how others cheat her?

Not much to like

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Our motel was very close to the beach.
    • Standard King Room - Non Smoking

There was a phone in the room. We could not use it. We could not make outside calls. It was restrictly to call the front desk. I could not let our family know that we arrived safely.

Our motel was very close to the beach.