Reviews of Super 8 by Wyndham El Cajon CA 2 stars

471 North Magnolia Avenue, El Cajon, CA 92020, USA

#6 of 15 hotels in El Cajon

Room was neat and tidy.
    • King Room - Smoking

No coffee pot in room. Walls must be paper thin as you could hear neighbors talking on both sides. Shower head was basically unusable. Staff was very unfriendly.

Room was neat and tidy.

Not good. Ok disappointe
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The free breakfast was bad.pastries were very old amd dry, juice machine broken, and waffle mix was old and sour. The view of homeless people that watch ur every move. The rude staff misinformed me. The website doesnt say all the lowest rates are smoking rooms until after you book it.

Enjoy the inside of the rooms....outside...still work needed
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Non-stop noise....the other guests screaming, the staff in the early morning yelling from one end to the other on the walkways, the traffic noise is very loud and it is a corner busy with fire...engines, ambulances, etc... being disabled it is very difficult if my room is far from parking space,,,,,all the other guests just park anyplace at all including the upstairs guests....MY SUGGESTION IS TO PAINT THE ROOM NUMBER AT EACH SPACE....

Lovely remodel....comfy bed and pillows...huge bathroom with giant shower and pull down seat ...great for handicapped like me

4.5
    Sucked
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Stain on my sheets that never got fixed even though I called the front desk to complain. TV wasn't working when we checked in, got fixed but had to use two different remotes. No kleenex in the rooms, no conditioner, no hair dryer

Location. Nothing else

My stay was execellent
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Maulik, , customer service was EXCELLENT! I have not met a person who treated me so good. He was the greatest. His customer service was wonderful. Hiring him was the best thing this company has done. He should be used to train other front desk associates. Great job Motel 8 for employing Maulik as part of your team.

Quiet and comfortable.
    • King Room - Smoking

The room I was in was bad, walls were chipped and marked up, no coffee or coffee pot and just looked very disturbed.

The Staff was extremely nice and did not bother me, and check in was quick and easy.

The hotel was adequate but we had a great time in San Diego.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The noisy corner, not good water pressure in the shower, doors don’t have a security lock just regular deadbolt.

There was a fantastic little restaurant right next to the hotel called Perry’s. Breakfast and lunch only. We ate breakfast there twice.

Worst experience ever
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The bathroom was dirty The other guest were arguing the entire time couldn’t sleep The tv cable kept going out every 5 minuets The cleaning lady knocked at 10:am and kept knocking the door every 5 minutes check out was at 11am . I was not Impressed and will hate fot something like this to happen to anyone else. Please pay more attention I’m this areas.

The room size

Hated this place... such a waste of money!!!
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing nice here except I wasn't mugged!!

Horrible neighborhood.... Room ..... bathtub floor very slippery Tub faucet broken would not stay in place Sink....leaking all over.... plus no hot water Continental breakfast mostly toast and coffee Will never stay there or recommend this place to anyone!!!!!!

Never staying here again!!!

Everything!

This place was disgusting! There were bugs on the wall and in our bed. There was pee left on the toilet seat and the guy who checked us in was rude and didn’t seem to care there was a giant bug on the wall.

Okay in a pinch and good price, but safety and comfort up in the air.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

On and off water pressure the vanity area sink. Small bugs in the sink and criminal activity in the parking lot prostitutes drug dealing. Large gap in the door it closes but no weather stripping or solid close. Lots of street noise cars sirens.

Good big comfortable bed overall clean room decent shower.fair price good proximity to freeways.

Great location and the room was nice would stay again
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Only complaint is that the elevator was out of order and our room was in the third floor but a little walking doesn't hurt

The location was close to the freeway and close to the mall made shopping a lot easier

• King Room - Smoking

Couple of small things. People yelling outside at 3 am, lots of homeless, barely any parking in the front,asked extra pillows the employee said I should of brought one with my self. Booked the room Nosmoking on booking.com And they made something up like the website just gives people random rooms. So pretty mad about that.

Nothing special

The woman that,was there in the morning was questioning us...
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The woman that,was there in the morning was questioning us on if we were guests and we told her yes but wen we went outside to get stuff from our car she called us liars! What a disgrace I stay here often but this was the last time I'm gonna be treated this way. I work for Wyndham and will most deffinately report this discrimination

Clean, right in town, and close to shopping areas.
    • King Room - Smoking

Problems with Cox tv and internet, seemed to be an on going thing. Other than that, everything else was great.

Clean, right in town, and close to shopping areas. New upgraded rooms are great.

Really nice hotel for the money, clean/fridge and micro, convenient location
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Area is a little sketchy, parking is tight, but overall not too bad!

Great location close to freeway, gas station/convenience store across the street. Room looked recently renovated, it looked great, really nicely done-not cheap fixtures typically seen at value hotels.

Fun nice stay
    • King Room - Smoking

I didnt like how I'm my room the bathtubs water didnt have alot of pressure but it got suoer hot and cold when u wanted it to

Its a cheap quiet clean hotel and u get your money worth forsure

Not a good experience.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The towels were NOT clean. It was supposed to be a NON smoking room and we got a room that smelled horrible, like pot. Again the towels looked as if they had been already used. It was disgusting.

• King Room - Smoking

The man working in the morning was rude and judgmental. When I went to office to extend my stay I was told that he had to check my room? I stay at hotels rather often and I have never let me repeat myself I have never had the office check my room before extending my stay only at check out if there was a deposit.. I felt like he was invading my privacy and felt as if he was expecting to find something. What it was I do not know but I felt judged and mistreated due to the fact that my brother who was with me is African American..I Will probably never rent here again all because of that one guy

Super nice hotel for cheap bucks
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

They could have more of a variety for bteakfast.and more parking spots.check out should change to 12 instead of 11 other then that everything is good.

I loveed the room and especially the big comfy cozy bed I didnt wanna get out of it and I loved the breakfast and how clean the room was. The staff were very nice.

Decent Rooms and Affordable!
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Being in the downtown area, it is best to stay inside your room at night.

This is a well maintained hotel and updated look. Located in downtown El Cajon, you are close to the courthouse and 8 freeways. Restaurants in the downtown district and fast food nearby. What I like about this hotel was the price.

Great stay, verify breakfast times with morning shift as they might change!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

We were given wrong times for breakfast when we checked in. Because we had young children with us, hot breakfast served was a deciding factor when we booked. We were given breakfast time of 8 - 10am. We went to lobby at 9 am to find front lobby clerk cleaning up lobby and putting away food. When we asked why, he stated breakfast was over at 9am. He offered us coffee and pastries, but for children coffee and pastries does not suffice for breakfast.

clean room, comfortable beds

The only plus was that the employee ended up giving us a non...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Long story short, I accidentally booked a smoking room and was horrified by the room we were given. Cum and burn stains were in the bedding, he smoking room reeled of weed. It's was disgusting.

The only plus was that the employee ended up giving us a non smoking room

Very happy with our stay

Everything was good.

Staff was very nice. The gentleman who helped me (I didn't get his name) was friendly and efficient. He was nice enough to let us have an early check in ; which we greatly appreciated. The room was clean and comfortable. After staying at a couple of bad motels over the weekend, we were finally happy staying at this one. The location was good, close to everything. Would stay here again the next time my boyfriend and I are in the area.

I will be coming back very soon we'll put it that way

I liked everything

I loved how comfortable the bed was and how beautiful the shower and sink looked, everything was clean and it was all really great. They even had good cable

Nice
    • King Room - Smoking

I really needed more pillows at least two and the hotel had barley one pillow avalible. Also the toiletries such as body soap,loition, and most importantly Conditioner for hair was not accommodated and I requested and did not receive it at all ,after I stayed for two days& nights. Also there was a ironing board but NO iron ,which I really needed to use to iron my work clothes, it REALLY was very frustrating and disappointing. When it clearly was stated the iron would be provided. And lastly the room had burn holes in all of the comforters and tables Etc.

The breakfast was really good. Staff was friendly , feel welcomed ,great job .

Great Service, Great price, Great experience
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I can't think of anything. I had a great experience !!

The waffle were amazing, it was quiet and had a great experience with the staff. I would definitely book this hotel again while on my business trip.

Great Stay at Super 8
    • King Room - Smoking

All was fine except the TV Set Up - Two remotes were required. We hit some button and it too a call to the office and then 30 more minutes to get it back. Office said it was connected to HDMI 1 but in reality it was HDMI 3. Since I know something about Audio VIsual equipment, it only took 30 minutes to fix.

Near where I needed to go the next day.

Never again.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Traveling with just myself and two kids. Felt very unsafe. Clearly people living here. I had no idea what the neighborhood was like. Just that I was paying more here than for other "lesser" hotels in other cities. San Diego is just expensive. So for $200+, we had no towels and no blankets for the pull out. I had to go get them as housekeeping was unable to help me. Parking lot is fenced off, like with a security fence. Hands down I would not stay here again.

Inside the room was better than the outside. By a lot!

WORST NIGHT AT HOTEL EVER
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. First I as for early check in between 1&2pm because i was having surgery and was told no. When I checked in asked for extra pillows was told they didn't have any then the fire alarm went off repeatedly throughout the night so no one could sleep and had to keep going outside. When I complained I was told they wouldn't do anything about it they did not even apologize for the inconvenience. Worst night at a hotel ever.

Me my wife and child had the worst experience ever at this motel the sheets and blankets were sick
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The hotel was disgusting every part of it was the worst experience. We asked for more sheets and slept on the floor

The Perry's cafe across the st.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

I liked the cost.
    • King Room - Smoking

The bathroom walls floors and tub were filthy with poorly tepaired walls ans ceiling. Some of the parking areas were well lit, some areas felt less safe.

I liked the cost.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

They cancelled my booking bc when we were there b4 she thought we smoked inside but we had not
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The management or owner not sure but either way we keep getting accused of smoking in the room when we have not. Its not as if she sees cigarette butts inside if she sees any type of cigarette or anything looking like tobacco she assumes we did but theres no ashes or buts anywhere or smell.

I personally liked the matching bedspread with the curtains etc instead of other places where the carpet curtains bedspread are all different patterns & colors

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Bad choice!!!!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

I asked for 2 days and was given 1. As well the price was double the price the hotel was offering. Finally to share my grievance with your customer service I was placed on hold for over 10 minutes. For someone on a busy schedule that is too long.

VERY GOOD EXCEPT BREAKFAST AND DINER.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

IN BREAKFAST YOU NEED MORE SELECTION AND MORE TABLE. THIS PLACE HAS SEVERAL ROOMS AND YOU JUST HAVE THREE (3) TABLES OF TWO (2) CHAIRS EACH FOR BREAKFAST. THE SERVICE IN GENERAL IS GOOD.

Good value for the money
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

I booked 2 nights online at a good rate but ending up needing 1 extra night. I thought the rate was a little high midweek for a 3 star motel.

Walking distance to restaurants. A very nice cafe open for breakfast & lunch right next door neighbor with good food. Not far from everything. Staff are very friendly & helpful. Room was very clean & comfortable.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Clean and Tidy
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

One downside were the lumpy pillows. I recommend bringing your own.

Online reviews convinced me to book at this location. My husband and I were on a budget and I was pleased with the room for the price we paid. The room was clean and tidy, and nicer than I anticipated. I would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

My experience was nightmare. Never had this poor service and rude cleaning staff in my life.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I booked room for me, at the same hotel my sister booked another room. The receptionist in duty had argument with her for payment with out paying attention to what he was doing wrong. At the same hotel second day morning, i waked to breakfast area was very dirty and noisy. Staff for cleaning sitting in to group no table left for customer, speaking loud,rude and very aggressive to all customer. I will for sure never recommended this hotel to anyone.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

hotel very suitable, minus housekeeping issue.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The housekeeping. The lady pushed her way in the room while I was covered with nothing but a blanket to cover my indescretions so she check our room and make sure there wasn't trash all over the room because she saw our "granny push cart" next to the door when we refussed room service. Felt very violated and discriminated against.

The front desk clerks were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

This place "SUCKS"
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

THIS IS REALLY RATED 1.0 The room was dirty (needs some paint and repairs). I guess for the value it was what I should have expected...but I have had much better for less...really low on my return list, as a matter of fact OUT. I was sent to a room on the 3rd floor, far end of property at check-in...the carpet was being shampooed and the maid was still cleaning the room... so then, after having to walk all the way back to the front of property, I was given another room on the first floor, no carpet, really cold room and like I said dirty.... The only reason I stayed was because there was a no refund policy on the reservation and I could not afford to loose 80.00 dollars.

absolutely nothing

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Breakfast, clean, friendly, quiet, location!
    • King Room - Smoking

I got a random $60 charge on my credit card, don't know what for. Also, had added days on to our stay at the hotel but guest services came banging on the door of our originally selected date of stay. Minor mixup tho, this is my favorite hotel for the $$ in a 40 mi radius!

Breakfast, clean, friendly, quiet, location. All of it!

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Excellent location/Large, clean rooms/Terrific value
    • King Room - Smoking

There are large families (9+ people per room) residing here. They are quite loud, and made me a bit uneasy with all the children running around/the men gawking at the women guests/the family meetings in the middle of the hall right outside our door/the clear violation of health and safety codes as well as fire codes.

I just love the location. The rooms are huge, and include both refrigerator and microwave. Coffee in the morning is always a plus!

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Location and value not enough to merit a return to unclean situation
    • King Room - Smoking

The property was rundown and although ground in dirty about as clean as possible. Morning breakfast was very well attended, but in limited supply, so get there early. The entrance from the freeway was a little convoluted.

The location was great for what we were doing. The staff was willing and helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Not a good stay

See above

I got bites around my legs and ankles.....they to renovate every thing....Have stayed at other Super 8, one near Nellis Air Base in Las Vegas...very nice....and National City and Imperial Beach in San Diego. ...all very nice

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK IN EL CAJON
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Overall appearance of hotel itself doesn't appear clean due to the hotel being somewhat dated. This had no affect on our stay though and I cannot think of anything else that turned me off. Cleaning staff was good but we returned to our room at 3 pm after business and the room still had not been cleaned. They were in the room next door. Disappointed-had two choices, wait for them to finally get around to it or skip it and we wound up skipping it for the rest of our 4 day stay because they just couldn't seem to get there before 3 ish.

Fantastic continental breakfast. Bedroom was clean, cool ac, fully functional, had everything we needed ie....refrigerator, drawers, nice shower, 2 full beds, close to interstate freeway, close to restaurants (Chinese buffet across the street, I would recommend highly a lot of great sea food) and convenience stores, has an affordable laundromat across the street. $1.25 to wash our clothes and .25 to dry. Very, very affordable

Great place for asx

Old

Great place for asx

Decent stay

No coffee pot or iron

Nice room

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Is not clean and comfortable

Customer service.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Customer service. Mike us very helpful.

El cajón good motel
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The area outside is a bit unclean

Good location with a friendly staff and cleanliness, + great French breakfast

Last minute getaway!

Not enough handicapped parking spaces

Clean rooms, friendly staff, nice breakfast

Comfortable room
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Air cond was noisy when motor cut in

Furnishings are nicer than normal

Had to wait for check in . Not enough towels. Parking

Friendly staff. Clean rooms. Easy check in

Horrendous
    • King Room - Smoking

There were burn marks on the comforter!! The room reeked of cigarettes and there were stains on the bed sheets. Overall a Total Disaster

Go9d

Na

Na

Yuck! Disgusted!

Cockroaches

Day time Front Desk staff was great.

Day time Front Desk staff was great. Night staff not so great,

Content

Quiet

the hotel makes you get maid service,even with a sign saying...

the hotel makes you get maid service,even with a sign saying no,and they snooped into our room when we wasnt there

Could only get a trickle of hot water from the bathroom sink!
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Could only get a trickle of hot water from the bathroom sink!!

I will come again

Location,breakfast

Comfort, cleanliness, & property had elevators

Microwave not working

Comfort, cleanliness, & property had elevators

Good Port for a Busy City!
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

I have stayed at Super 8 El Cajon, CA various times. They are always friendly and efficient, I will continue to be their customer.,

Clean and reasonable
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Homeless camped in parking lot next door

Freeway close

It was cool and all but I rather have been in a different room without roaches
    • King Room - Smoking

There was roaches inside the bathroom

The mirrors and comfortable bed

Everything good

Great always

Need at least one comfortable chair, perhaps a reclining...
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Need at least one comfortable chair, perhaps a reclining chair, to sit in while watching television.!

short and sweet
    • King Room - Smoking

the tv would only stay on an hour at a time

waffels were a nice touchlocation was perfect for my job and no deposit no credit card was nice .

Browse Super 8 by Wyndham El Cajon CA traveller photo gallery