Reviews of Comfort Inn Savannah 3 stars

7110 Hodgson Memorial Drive, Savannah, GA 31406, USA

#59 of 135 hotels in Savannah

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

It was a good place to stay. Great location.
    • King Suite

The ac/heater unit was right next to the bed. The a/c blew cold air on us (even though we turned the temp up) all night. We had to block it off with a wall of pillows stacked on the nightstand, to keep it from blowing on our faces. Not a good idea to have it that close to the bed.

For booking the room while we were traveling was quite easy. And, for being on a Saturday evening, it was very reasonable in cost.

Everything!
    • King Suite

Everything!!!!! The staff was amazing even down to D'Sean who was working breakfast!!! It was amazing!!! Me and my family will definitely stay there again!!!

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Love the hot breakfast and the comfortable king bed.
    • King Suite

Our door was continuously stuck when trying to open it. Shower room didnot have a fan to circulate out the humid air.

Love the hot breakfast and the comfortable king bed. Very friendly receptionist!

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

My daughter left her vape in the room and called to request it be held for her. When we showed up to retrieve it, she was told nobody found it. She cried because she was upset. It put a damper on our vacation.😢

The room was clean and comfy, the breakfast was delicious, and the pool was fun.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Good location, swimming pool and breakfast
    • King Suite

The airconditioning was terribly noisy. Each time the airco came on it was like a hurricane blowing through our room. It woke us up several times during the night. The second night we just switched it off, threw off the down bedcover and slept under a bedsheet only.

Nice outdoor swimming pool, good breakfast, good location close to a shopping mall and many restaurants. Excellent toilet flush, of the type one finds in an airplane. Leaves a clean toilet bowl after use.

For the value overall was really good
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The gym equipment needed updates some didn't work the pool needed cleaning the elevator had a window that needed cleaning

The queen bed was real soft and extra pillows on the bed the breakfast was plentiful the staff attitudes was great always smiles

The perfect hotel when visiting the historic district.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast could have a different variety from day to day.

Everything. The hotel was clean, the beds were great, slept very well and the location was a 20 minute drive to the historic district and other tourist areas.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Great!
    • King Suite

The locks on the doors were difficult to open and lock to pool was not working when we were there.

Sean, the young man who worked the breakfast Bar was excellent- He was efficient, well spoken and did an excellent job of keeping everything stocked and clean. He was personable and assisted us when we had questions. He deserves a raise as he represents Comfort Inn very well. Spacious suite!

Loved my stay at this hotel....
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The hotel itself was really nice and main lobby was unique and had a classic look and feel. The breakfast was great with plenty of options. The rooms had lots of space, comfortable and clean. The staff and the lady who welcomed us was very welcoming and friendly. Stores and restaurants within walking distance and old Savannah was just a 12 minute drive.

very pleasant cost of good restaurants and attractions like The Bonaventure Cemetery
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Love my bacon in the morning only meat available was sausage for breakfast lots of staff was wonderful and the staff was very pleasant

Rooms are clean beds made everyday Pleasant surroundings people made you feel like you were home

I really enjoyed my stay. I would stay there again.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

I wish they had an indoor pool and Jacuzzi. There was no Jacuzzi and the pool was a very generic pool outside. Wasn't really appealing. The breakfast was limited with only sausage links, fake scrambled eggs, cold boiled eggs from cooler, and waffle. There were also donuts and toast. It was the same every morning. I would have liked to have more variety; possibly bacon, turkey bacon and grits.

Room was very clean. The staff was friendly. The location was in walking distance of shops and several restaurants.

We would book this hotel again. We had a very nice visit!
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

During a heavy rain, the ceiling sprinkler began to leak. The front desk was very responsive and sent someone to look at it right away. He put a bucket on the sofa under the leak and told us it would stop before morning, and it did.

This hotel was clean and had super comfortable beds. We had a suite and had plenty of room to spread out and make ourselves comfortable. The breakfast was good. The pool was nice and clean. The hotel was in a great location close to restaurants and places to shop. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful when we asked for recommendations on places to eat. We were very pleased with our stay!

We enjoyed our stay and may consider returning in the future.
    • King Suite

The bed was not very comfortable. I went and bought a gel infused memory foam topper to use while I was there. The TV was very fuzzy on most channels, but didn't watch it much anyway. We had to flush the toilet more than once to get it to flush. The internet kept disconnecting for no reason and was not of much use.

The room was spacious and clean. The hotel was beautiful and there were lots of plants in the lobby area. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We hung a do not disturb sign on our door and it was respected. The pool was great. Very clean and enjoyable.

The room and property was very nice and comfortable.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast, Staff not helpful and rude

The room and property was very nice and comfortable. The breakfast was not up to par and we had to go out for breakfast. I needed a set of sheets for the couch bed and the front desk clerk not only took cash payment, but also the amount($16.95 for a bottom sheet and 4 pillow cases ???) was charged to my card. The manager was notified and nothing was done to reimburse me for the double charge and she tried to make it look like I didn’t understand what she was explaining. Not very personable. I wouldn’t pay cash for anything. They will take your cash and charge your card on file and not tell you. We won’t be back!!

Very good stay for a short visit to Savannah.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Bathroom had hole in wall near ceiling room 207. Very old and in need of an overhaul.

Size of room was great. Beds were comfy. Nice location. Exterior of building was very nice. Continental breakfast was perfect for myself, my husband and three young kids. Perfect location to visit Tybee Island or River Street area of Savannah. Nice central location.

The room was very nice with a lot of extra room.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The room was very nice with a lot of extra room. Room was made up each day when we returned. The breakfast was a nice touch didn't have to spend extra money on going out to breakfast.

We only stayed one night, but l do not think this hotel would be my first choice in the future.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

I felt the free breakfast could have been a lot better by offering better options. For the price of the hotel, breakfast should have had “IHOP” options. I’ve had better breakfast at Best Western and La Quinta Inn hotels. What they gave was just OK. The shower curtain did not do a great job of catching water. The floor kept getting soaked despite our attempts to keep it from leaking onto the floor.

The room was very nice and the beds were comfortable. The appearance was pleasing to the eye & the check in staff was friendly.

The room was comfortable and the staff were helpful and informative.
    • King Suite

The bathroom had cracked caulking and wallboard held up with nails. Upon arrival on the first day, there was a hand towel with mascara on it.

The bed was comfortable. The internet was really fast.

The room it's self was great!
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The room it's self was great! Beds were so comfortable. Gave you a choice of pillows too! But do need to enforce noisy people after 10pm who were at the pool. Most of the staff was great. One that was a little grumpy when we wanted coffee in th morning. But mostly a great stay...

The location was great and the room was a good value.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The ceiling had some some stains on it . The elevator glass was really dirty.

The room was large with great bedding. The waffles on the breakfast buffet were awesome. The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful.

This is our place to stay when visiting in Savannah, you will like it too!
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

I think some of the bathrooms could be updated or fixed. This is the second time that we've had a bathtub where the wall of the shower desperately needed to be fixed / replaced.

This was our 3rd stay at this property. Our son goes to SCAD, and this location is perfect. The size of the rooms are fantastic and the beds and pillows so comfy. I like that it is not a massive hotel, because you get much better attention and customer service.

It ‘s nice hotel
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast is all the same everyday I book the room two month before,the hotel did not have my records When I arrived to hotel, the staff said no 2queen bedroom for us. The hotel have only one king bedroom left And the stuff,she try to help me and show the room for me She showed me that the sofa bed that my daughter can sleep there But my daughter did not stay And I have to accept the room because I can not find any hotel in the town bec scad had presentation of degrees ceremony. All hotel in savannah was full. And if I cancel booking.com will charge me $129. My room is 106. People keep walking to got ice from ice maker all night ,it was noisy and the people used door opposite my room to go to the pool it noise

Location is good

A quiet room.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The air conditioning would not shut off unless we turned the system off. When it was off, the room was very warm. We were COLD most of the night. I had to sign an inventory for the linen in our room, but when we got into the room we were missing linen. I signed that we would pay for any missing linens that I did not have. I went to the front desk and got more. An unacceptable experience. The clerk at check-in was not friendly. I got the impression that we were bothering her.

The room was large, and we were not cramped for space.

• King Suite

The staff was rude and unwilling to help, the were cleaning carpet while I was in the room. Didn't even make my bed. They would come in knowing im in the room anyways! Worst experience ever and manager did not even care to help me.

Location was good and grounds were well maintained.

Sink area was directly in front of the bed. No door to area. If someone was in bed, light would be in their eyes and if asleep could wake them up.

Location was good and grounds were well maintained.

Excellent place to stay. Rooms size would be great for family with little ones.

nothing!

The friendly staff, the size of the room was awesome! Cleanliness of the property overall. The breakfast was great too! I would highly recommended this motel.

Was not happy with breakfast.

Loved the room.

Was not happy with breakfast. No flavored creamers, no peanut butter, stayed 3 nights and sausage everymorning needs to mix it up, the cheapest plastic ware you couldnt cut with it if you tried. My biggestcomplaint is the man working with the food didnt wear gloves and he was constantly twirling his hair. Also he was closing down before 9am which was already too early. I also dont understand why the left overs were being put in plastic containers i hope they were not being reused and i am refering to the eggs and sausage. We stayed 3 days and the breakfast meat never changed. Also i am in savannah and the pool is not open in may that was a big down fall. Most of the staff was not very friendly and usually doing something on their own personal devices.

The property location is convenient to other key businesses...
    • King Suite

The property location is convenient to other key businesses and restaurants. It seemed to be safe and was well lit. Victoria at the front desk was very welcoming and engaging.

We stay here every year when we are in Savannah
    • King Suite

The toilet was awful. Flush was super loud and you had to close the lid to keep from getting a little wet. Toilet paper would reappear in the bowl torn up.

My short sentence are these 5 little words "We will Definitely be back" !!!
    • King Suite

For the 1st couple of days there was a gentleman (guest) there that yelled profanities at the top of his lungs and I know that other guest complained about him. The staff addressed the issue and the guess was removed. "Great Job Guys" !!!

The property is in the center of everything we were looking for. The staff was polite, professional and knowledgeable of the area. The clerk that was on duty when we registered, (Helena), was the most sweetest and friendliness person we have ever had the pleasure and privilege of meeting. She is a bundle of information and because of her, my wife and I decided to stay an extra day. Employees like her are rare in the customer service industry. My suggestion is: you need to promote her to the position of training your entire staff on how to treat guest on the way they should be treated. You definitely don't want to lose such an asset as Helena. She is "Unbelievable" !!!!!!!

The rooms were nice and big.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The towels were questionably clean. When I asked for more washcloths they gave me hand towels instead. The bathroom was very small. The late check-out was 11:30 am. I've never heard of such, it should be at least 12. The pool didn't have stairs so it was hard for my kids to be able to get in as they are only 6.

The rooms were nice and big. The bed was comfy. The hotel was clean. The front desk staff was friendly. The breakfast was decent. It's in a good location if you need to pick up any last minute items from the store. It is across the street from a strip mall.

Disappointed.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

On the second night of my stay LOUD NOISE came from the room next to mine . I called the front desk to report concerns after several hours. The next morning I (saw) and learned wrestling team kids were in the room. The ramming I heard was the cause of the noise. I was told by the manager I would be credited for the night; that didn’t happen. I’m making a creditable complaint to the Executive Offices.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

King sized bed instead of queen?

The eggs were extra good, like farm fresh! I loved the magnolia trees out front and the open, old "Savanna" feel of the lobby.

A clean, adequate, heavily refurbished older hotel, comfortable not cushy.
    • King Suite

We needed internet service and were never able to connect in four days. The room arrangement was bizarre with the kitchenette in the bedroom. There was no easy to use stairwell meaning we were constantly waiting on the elevator.

We liked having a suite and a quiet room with fresh towels. A good shower & comfortable bed. The continental breakfast was adequate, but they kept running out of fresh fruit. We enjoyed the pleasantness of the staff and the mid-town location.

Mostly good- clean and comfortable rooms, breakfast good, but not happy with extra $ for sofabed
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

I did not at all like or appreciate that there was an extra cost to get bedding for the sofa bed that is in the room. I have never had to pay for sheets and a blanket for a sofa bed. They said it is considered like a rollaway bed but that is ridiculous to compare it to that. I understand paying extra for the rollaway that needs to be brought down to the room and taken back and stored but to pay extra for some sheets and a blanket for the sofa bed that is already in the room is not at all right. Having a sofabed in the room is just part of the room type that is charged accordingly and should have the bedding to go with it. The reason we picked this hotel is because they offered a room with a sofabed and of course we thought the bedding for it would be included in the price of the room. To find out after we were there that there was an additional cost is VERY POOR customer service. I could have picked a hotel that was in a better location for what I wanted and then just get a rollaway if I had known this place was charging me extra for the sofabed. This is the epitome of "nickel and diming" the customer! You should have to specify that extra charge with the room type menu choice. This was terrible What if I just wanted a couple extra sheets or a blanket because I was cold? Would they have charged me for that too? Or extra towels?

I liked the breakfast/lounging area.

Awesome staff, clean rooms, and the trolley will come right to the hotel!
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

I should have done more research about how far from downtown the location was. (This is definitely not the hotels fault though!)

Very comfortable and clean rooms! I love that the trolley will pick up/drop off at the hotel.

We enjoyed it very much. It was clean and comfortable except a bit warmer than we would have liked.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

My daughter and I were placed in a room right by the ice machine. It was a bit loud. There was a very old air conditioner in the room and the room remain fairly warm all night which was not as comfortable as we would have liked.

The bed was very comfortable. Room was large with a living room area, a refrigerator and microwave and 2 comfortable large beds. There was a young woman working at the front desk who was so helpful! She talked us through directions to Tybee Island when a road race was blocking our route. She gave us great ideas for breakfast. Overall she was just lovely!

Beds were very comfy !
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The air conditioner is too close to the bed and the air constantly blew in my husbands face , therefore we had to run it minimal and it got quite hot .

Beds were very comfy ! Great Location

the room was much larger than I expected and the staff was...
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

the room was much larger than I expected and the staff was very nice and helpful in guiding my family to downtown Savannah. We were on a college tour and they helped us to find where we were going.

Our trip to Savannah was very relaxing. Our stay at your Inn was great. We met our son there .
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The only thing that we did not like was the pizza that we order from Domino's . The pizza was delivered to the room and we was overcharged. The pizza was burned. The deliver said that the top was not included and it was. So he got paid twice. I learned from that experience. We really enjoyed our stay there.

The beds was very comfortable and the breakfast was great. The kitchen staff was very friendly. The towels and washcloths was very soft.

Okay except for payment issues!!
    • King Suite

When you reserve a room here with Boookings this location charges your card immediately and if you reserve multiple rooms they will put all rooms on your card. When you arrive they will not split out the bill. The rooms remain on your card and friends had to pay me personally. We stayed in six motels on our trip, all booked thru Bookings. This is the only one we had a problem with , plus they were rude. I would drop them if I were you. They hurt you image!

Very nice place.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast could be better.

Very nice place. Very comfortable room. Right across from shopping area if anything is needed. easy to get around and to downtown area.

I will definitely consider Comfory
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

A roach crawling in the bathtub.i

Really enjoyed the breakfast choices. Hotel is located across the street from a mini mall. Some of my favorite stores were there!

It was fair.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The TV didn't work when we first tried it. Couldn't get the remote to turn it on, after it was fixed. Ran out of hot water to wash up and shower. Nice variety at breakfast The coffee maker was hard to get the coffee into place.

The beds were very comfortable. The woman at the desk in the morning/afternoon was very helpful.

Was great, fell in love with Savannah, they had a shuttle pick us up at hotel and take us downtown t

It was great!!

Room was a suite and very roomy. Loved the old south speak and wrought iron railing, the gaslights, plants and ambiance of this hotel. Really great and staff went out of the way to be of service and friendly.

Not bad, our first time in Savannah
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Powder eggs for breakfast. Would prefer real eggs. Thought this location was closer to I-95 for travelers. But not a bad neighborhood

Cleanliness of the room and the entire property.

We really enjoyed it!
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The staff was extremely friendly and it was very clean. The breakfast was stocked well. It is not too far from downtown and worth the money that it cost. We were very pleased!

Very pleasant relaxing stay,would definitely stay there again.Great breakfast,easy parking.
    • King Suite

It was noisy early morning around 7 tp 7.30 am. Staff talking outside door, round the corner. And also in the pool area. This was end of February. Staff could have greeted us a bit warmer on arrival. That would have been good, we had traveled a long way.

Bed was very comfortable, terrific. Towels were good too, really white and not harsh to the skin. Plenty of space in bathroom and around washbasin. Plenty of closet space. We had a suite and it was wealth worth the small increase $ Staff was helpful when we lost something.

Good breakfast, very quiet room, comfy bed.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Had trouble getting room keys to work. At first they told us absolutely no dogs. When we arrived we saw a pet fee and were told that you could bring dogs. We would have brought ours.

Good breakfast, very quiet room, comfy bed.

Overall, I'd stay here again.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Wi-Fi did not work most of the time on the third floor and bathroom lacked a fan and needed some serious updates.

Quaint and cozy little hotel. Easy to get into and out of from the road. Good location. Liked the look of the inside of the hotel, but they need to remodel more of the rooms. Breakfast was quickly refilled and decent for the inclusive offer.

We were pleased. The suite was very spacious! The staff was friendly and helpful.
    • King Suite

The paint and carpet is a little dated and worn and the continental breakfast is limited in choices.

I felt safe in the area. There was plenty of shopping, restaurants, etc close by and getting onto Interstate 516 was easy so getting to downtown Savannah was easy. The outside of the facility is really nice.

Overpriced and old
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

needs a new elevator and stairwells clearly marked. Seemed unsafe if there was ever a fire. Staff didn't ask for our ID when we told them our keys were demagnetized. Just gave us new keys.

Elevator very old. Exits to the building not well marked. Ripped up carpet in room. Bed comfortable and room big. Breakfast not so good. Powdered eggs. For the price I thought it was underwhelming.

Great Southern Hospitality! I will be back!
    • King Suite

Love everything and everyone. Housekeeping was extra nice too!

Everyone was very friendly and they went out of their way to make you feel comfortable. Loved breakfast, lots of choices

A good stay in a nice downtown hotel
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Arrived at 7:30 pm. An earlier power outage caused problems with computers so the frazzled desk clerk had difficulty getting us into a room. There should have been a manager on site to better handle the situation.

Roomy space, comfortable beds

Grateful for price after seeing downtown hotel rates but not inclined to stay at Comfort Inn again
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Seriously in need of updating and some repairs. Our suite was adequate but furniture seemed to be placed without much thought about usage. Hallway looked dirty; entry door from outside was not functioning properly.

Room was clean and quiet; the staff at the counter were great.

One of the best places to stay outside the historic district!
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

I love the location of this hotel. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The rooms are spacious and the beds are very comfortable. The hotel has old word charm and modern conveniences.

The staff was pleasant
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Condition of room: Couldn’t get in with key card given. Bed smelled like mold. Sheets and comforter had stains. Actually considered sleeping in the rental car instead of this room. Pictures were very deceiving.

The staff was pleasant

Bed and pillows very comfy.

No complaints.

Bed and pillows very comfy. Beautiful "courtyard" interior; breakfast served in the courtyard. King Suite Room very spacious. Restaurants within walking distance. Friendly staff. Housekeeping excellent. Hunter Air Base is nearby, but the we didn't hear any planes or copters at night, and only occasionally in the afternoon.

Wifi worked all the time and breakfast was served.
    • King Suite

The front door did not work when we came late in the late. Caused inconvenience. Staff should have informed us of alternative access.

Wifi worked all the time and breakfast was served.

Very spacious rooms with great staff and a convenient...
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

As a result of the free breakfast in the mornings and the layout of the hotel (room doors are located indoors), it's very easy to be woken up by the people in the lobby. However, we simply used them as a natural alarm clock in order to wake up early so it wasn't too large of a bother. However, if you plan on sleeping in, maybe come with a pair of ear-plugs.

Very spacious rooms with great staff and a convenient location. We had two queen beds that were more than spacious enough for 3 people.

Comfortable place to stay while enjoying Savannah.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Room size was great. Very clean. Beds were comfortable. Good breakfast. Location was easy drive to the historic district. Would definitely stay here again.

This is what happens when you cut corners for the sake of a dime.
    • King Suite

Power seemed to go off in the room when we weren't there or sleeping. Impossible to charge cell phones. Skylights were covered with drop ceiling (cheep) rather than repaired. The inn was dark and stuffy rather than light and airy as it used to be.

The way it used to be.

Comfortable
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The front desk is your first point of contact. I have worked in the hotel industry and if we did not look up. Greet. Smile. And make the guest feel welcomed, we did not have a job. I would suggest all three shift be trained in speaking to their guests. After all. Without us, they would not have a job.

The room was very clean. No issues what so ever. The bed was deliciously comfortable.

Wonderful stay.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Prefer real eggs to powder.

Breakfast was good. Room was very clean and comfortable. Staff was very friendly and considerate. Location was safe and convenient for our plans. Less than 20 minutes from Historic area.

All and all it was good.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Shower head messed up, slow drain is tub, crappie patch work of shower wall. Some of the staff were rude. No peanut butter, or cream cheese for breakfast.

The overall look of the place.

I accidentally left three of my favorite shirts hanging in a...
    • King Suite

I accidentally left three of my favorite shirts hanging in a closet and when I noticed it they were very kind and said they would get them sent out to my house via mail right away. Everything in the room was clean and nice. I would definitely stay there again.

We had a very restful night and good breakfast at your hotel.
    • King Suite

The bed was very comfortable, and the shower had hot water and strong stream of water. It was obvious that the hotel had recently been redecorated, and it was well done.

Ok
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

I didn't like that they were going to charge me $20 a night for sheets for the fold out couch bed thatvwas already in the room or the fact that they didn't give the option of fresh towels every day. Also the elevator was out most of the time we were there so we climbed 3flights of stairs the whole time. The place was clean but old it needs a complete overhaul

The place was clean and the staff nice

No frills and a little dirty but a pretty good deal for the location.
    • King Suite

First, the carpets badly need a deep cleaning. I recommend that you wear slippers or socks in the room because my feet got real dirty. It felt gross to be walking around indoors and feeling the grime. Also, I had forgotten my toothbrush and the front desk staff seemed pretty annoyed when I came by to ask if they had any on hand. Thankfully they did but I would appreciate a friendlier attitude.

Liked the layout of the building. I really enjoyed how the tv did not have a default hotel channel, and it remembered the channel I last watched. Awesome. Comfy bed, nice spacious room. The internet worked.

Beatiful hotel with excellent staff, we will recommend this hotel.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The elevator was broken...I am glad we were only on the second floor! But the lovely young lady at the front desk informed us upon our arrival.

Very comfortable room and bed! Even my husband ( who is very difficult to please when it comes to beds) was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it was. We slept soundly all night long. Not noisy at all. Usually in a hotel you can hear other people in the hallways but not here.

A bad stay
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

My room was only cleaned 1 time from Saturday, 9/30/17 to Thursday 10/5/17 and that cleaning was not good. The bed was made and we got clean towels but that was it . We had to ask for clean towels once more. When we checked out , we were told we would get a call about this, we are still waiting

The morning meal

Nice area for breakfast.
    • King Suite

The room a/c was very close to the bed... a little chilly when it came on. Comfort Inn upgrade an older hotel but the quality of the work was just average.

Nice area for breakfast... rooms were well appointed and extra large... bathroom was a little tight

The room was a great size and clean
    • King Suite

Having to get wash cloths at the front desk. The tissue box was empty for 2 days.

The staff was great and the breakfast was good. I found that the tube corking was not done very well.

Please do your best to rectify the problem and refund the one night charge.
    • King Suite

Ants, Ants, Ants invaded our room and bit us both ! We had to move rooms and some of the Ants moved with us ! Dreadful trying to sort through each individual clothing item and then destroy the insects - took ages ! Comfort Inn promised us a refund of one nights cost, but on check out they said only Booking.com could authorise the refund- but they said that they would concur with us about the refund and the Ant problem !! Hope YOU can help us with this matter ?

Bed fine

Convenient to Savannah, but lacks finesse
    • King Suite

I was disappointed in the overall feel of the hotel. The decor, ambiance, and experience can be described as "halfway." It appears the hotel has been remodeled, as in new paint, and maybe some landscaping/interior plant-scape. However, there was a lack of cohesive interior design (i.e. there were a few pieces of 'art' in various places in the room, but major sections of walls with nothing, and there was a lack of finishing touches with trim, etc. Our suite was dark and dull. Our friends had a cozier, brighter suite. The fountain, while a nice touch, didn't fully work (appeared to only flow on one side.) There were random pieces of furniture in common areas that didn't really lend to a pulled together look. WiFi was spotty, and unavailable for part of our stay. There were out of order vending machines in common areas. The hair dryer handle felt greasy, there were smudges on the bathroom light switch and the phone by the side of the bed could use a good wipe down. The hotel has promise...the iron work and courtyard with fountain are a start, especially given the Savannah location. Maybe they are still working on things, but by the time taxes and fees were done, I spent over $110 a night for a hotel that I found a bit disappointing.

The lady at the front desk was helpful overall, although they did not have a room early. However, she upgraded us to a suite once we came back, and also told me about the trolley (although when my friends arrived, she made it sound like we had decided to use the trolley, which we had not.) The hotel was relatively quiet despite being pretty full. I liked the Savannah style French door windows. The breakfast was acceptable, offering eggs and sausage as well as the standard continental breakfast fare you find at hotels like this.

Browse Comfort Inn Savannah traveller photo gallery