Reviews of Ogunquit River Inn 3 stars

17 Post Road, Ogunquit, ME 03907, USA

#27 of 33 hotels in Ogunquit

Not a favorite place of mine.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Terrace

I am disabled and getting to my room and around the property was painful and a horrible experience that was NEVER mentioned online.

Bed was wonderful, cheese omelet was a rock and the scrambled eggs were still very powderish.

Comfortable.

The fact I was not allowed early check. I would have to pay extra 25.00. I get it and understand rules however I was told that room wasnt ready. When I got my room and found out what room number I had. The room had been vacant and ready. I personally think I was not told the truth. The next day I went to the Cliff House arrived at 8 30 am was in my room by 9 am. Paying nothing more for early check in.

Comfortable. Clean location beautiful view. Would i stay there again ye

We wouldn’t stay there again.

The room.

There where black ants in my room!! I didn’t feel very safe. There was a sliding glass door out to the back yard that was the only way you can go in and out. The toilet was cracked the tile floor was as well. The only thing we enjoyed there was the breakfast in the morning. The staff there was nice.

Beautiful views.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Balcony

Carrying bags to room Lock on door difficult to operate key. Light on building at top of stairway is too low and I hit my head on it going down the stairs. Should be relocated

Beautiful views. Happy staff

Decent stay at the ogumquit river Inn

A bit overpriced for what it was

Nice property, location, room was clean and beds were comfy. It was a quick trip didn't get to enjoy any of the facilities.

The view wad fantastic.

Not having an elevator was difficult for my parents even though they were on the first floor. When we arrived, the lobby is the ground floor which is actually the 3rd floor. The hotel is built on a hill. There were not stairs to get all the way down to their room. There was one flight and then a slope. The Booking.Com site didn't make this fact clear. Had I known we would have requested a room for them that would have been ADA accessible.

The view wad fantastic.

The bed was very comfortable and the hotel is very clean.

The 3:00 check in time. We had a party that started at 2:00 that we needed to shower and dress .

The bed was very comfortable and the hotel is very clean.

The staff were extremely helpful and courteous.

The inavailability of an elevator as previously mentioned.

The staff were extremely helpful and courteous. The view from the breakfast area was spectacular overlooking the tidal river bay. I enjoyed a breakfast of scrambled eggs, sausage, bagels Danish pastry, orange juice, ad hot coffee, I watched two Great Blue Heron as they fished for their breakfast. The breakfast attendant made sure that everyone was well taken care of. It was fun seeing a young couple as they kayaked slowly around the bay.

Very hardworking and friendly staffs, location and water view were great.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Balcony

Fridge did not work, AC unit has funny smell and the carpet was somewhat sticky. Room can use a new cot of paint.

Location is great, the river view and outdoor seating was pretty and onsite kayak was a fun activity we enjoyed with our kids (5 and 11)

Everything I needed for my overall peace of mind

There is no aspect that I found unacceptable or could criticise

I enjoyed the setting, the room with 2 queen size beds, wifi, cable and comfort of cool air in room. The staff were exceptional, the reception area so welcoming and spacious with great views of river, surrounding marsh.

Just ok
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Terrace

Room was dark and towels and sheets like sandpaper. Room wasn’t cleaned properly. Very buggy outside. Pool worn and cracked. Needs work if they are going to charge close to $300 a night. Screen door was ripped so bugs could come in. Breakfast was blah.

The property is in a good location with a trolley spot right...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Balcony

The property is in a good location with a trolley spot right in front. The beds were very comfortable. We stayed in a balcony room facing the river which was really nice with a great view!

Nice

Did not get what was expected when checked in, was very dissatisfied when told would be charged extra for what I thought we were getting, would not go back if ever travel to Maine again

attendant in breakfast room was very very nice enjoyed talking with the attendant, breakfast was delish

Relax and Enjoy at Ogunquit River Inn
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Terrace

I enjoyed my stay .I have no complaints.

The staff women who stocked served breakfast dailey.She was friendly ,attentive.The full breakfast w hard boiled eggs plenty fresh fruit.The housekeeping staff right on cleaning room,stocking fresh towels dailey.The location Wildlife conservation area .We were able to kayak ,paddle board from marsh area at high tide, about 2 hour window so plan according ,rental is seperate from hotel located by pool,Speak to Andy owner. He was super helpful , friendly set me up w double kayak for me and my daughter. ,We received discount for staying at hotel and the convenience, double bonus for me.I enjoyed bird watching, relaxing and peaceful trip was able to kayak up to Footbridge Beach..We were a costal ride to Wells and Trolly ride to Oguinquit. Was just an amazzing vacation with my girls wonderful place to stay.I would recommend and definetly stay again.

Great rooms with nice view
    • King Room with Balcony

Stairs to rooms were somewhat tricky to navigate while carrying luggage

Rooms with balconies on the riverside had a wonderful view; rooms were large and beds were very comfy; breakfast area had plenty of seating and a nice variety of food; nice lounging/picnic area by the river with kayaks and paddleboards

Lovely spot, great stay!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Terrace

Lots of hard to climb ramps and stairs, but I believe they are redoing some of that.

Location was great - comfy rooms and beds. Couldn’t ask for a prettier spot!

It was very nice.

I thought we were getting rooms with a balcony since the photos showed that. Minor complaint: the comforter was wrapped tightly with the sheet so it was hot sleeping.

Breakfast was great. Everything seemed very new. Nice views. Comfortable beds.

the breakfasts where always great.

it is difficult for some to go up and down the steep hill and all the stairs to the rooms. a microwave would have been nice to have in the room. the ceiling in our room was very stained, it looks like it had water damage

the breakfasts where always great. the coffee in the room was very good

View, breakfast

Greatly in need of updating!!! Especially with the high cost!! Tile floor got my socks dirty and was cold on my feet. Stairs to room were uncomfortably slanted and too steep.

View, breakfast

Located right in the river, with kayaks and paddle boards...

No microwave in room

Located right in the river, with kayaks and paddle boards available for guests. Not too far of a walk to down town, it took about 30 minutes.

Relaxing

The room we had booked did not meet our expectations, it was very dark , and the outside seating area overlooked the car park and main road way.

Ideal location and wonderful spot on the river. The reception staff were pleasant and helpful. Plenty of parking and there are a few eating places within easy walking distance. Also the town is easily accessible as are other areas to visit. The room had a good vista and we were able to sit outside . Note We had to upgrade to this. The manager/ owner came round at breakfast to chat to her guests, most impressed. Cindy at breakfast was a font of knowledge about the area and also very pleasant, friendly and demonstrated excellent customer focus. Breakfast was good and met our needs.

We will be back again with friends......

The only issue we had was with the Wi-Fi. We were unable to sign-on on multiple occations but with the different devices tha people have today and streaming movies I can understand the problem.

The room was comfortable and well decorated. The bed / pillows were also of good quality and the bathroom was clean and well set-up. To put it easy the room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was set up well with hot breakfast items, oatmeal, pancakes, fresh fruit, juice and the usual coffee and tea bar. The staff was always courteous, helpful and kind no matter what the issue was. It was a perfect stay for a Birthday Weekend.....

First time at this hotel as we wanted something a little more reasonable than places we've stayed.

No problems that we found during our 3 nights there.

Good location. Rooms spacious and clean. Next time we'll select a room with a balcony as this was our first time at this hotel and we didn't know the layout of the rooms. Breakfast was good.

Fabulous family suite
    • Penthouse Suite

I'm not sure how the regular rooms are, but the suite was absolutely phenomenal. Probably the most spacious room we've ever stayed in. We like a space with a separate bedroom when we travel with our little one. We will definitely be back soon.

Good. Would book again.
    • King Room with Terrace

The room is set up in a strange way, smelled of wet towel and was on uneven ground making it difficult to enjoy being on our terrace.

I like where the inn is situated. It's in a very convenient location, not to far from the beautiful Footbridge Beach.

Exceptional Stay

Nothing to dislike

Location is close to all activities. Views of the river from the patio/balcony are spectacular! Property is immaculate and well maintained. Staff is super attentive.

Overall it was a good stay!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Terrace

The stairs were steep! Room 112 bathroom and refrigerator needs updating! The pool and hot tub looked dirty. Also by our room outside is a big crack in sidewalk! My partner tripped and fell a few times at night.

Beautiful views and breakfast!

We enjoyed our stay.
    • King Room with Balcony

Bathroom needs updating and refrigerator was so old! And you had to spend $35 a hour if you wanted to take a kyack out.

Breakfast was good and Cindy was great and helpful! And the view of property out back was nice.

Pleasant, modern comfortable rooms with a lovelv view
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Balcony

Could use a little room near outdoor staircase to get in and out with baggage. Perhaps block off parking spot closest to stairs?

Beautiful view from our room, beds were comfortable, rooms were spacious and clean, crisp white bedding, staff very pleasant and welcoming

Overall, it was okay to stay overnight.
    • King Room with Terrace

Getting to the room on the lowest level (terrace) is difficult and not very safe. Only can use stairs which are very steep and dangerous. Also, the bathrooms need updating.

View from motel were beautiful and serene.

The Ogunquit River Inn might well be the town's best kept secret. Loved, loved, loved it!
    • Penthouse Suite

I'd suggest reconsidering the breakfast menu. The reconstituted eggs were bland and the pancakes inedible. (I'm especially sorry to say that since we adored the breakfast lady. She brightened every day.) I'd suggest simply sticking to a continental breakfast. It worked for us.

Loved, loved, loved the location, and that priceless view of the estuary, with its wildlife. Loved, loved, loved the staff, and their concern for our enjoyment. Loved, loved, loved being away from the madness of the town, while being near enough to enjoy everything it offers.

Good value hotel.
    • King Room with Balcony

Check-in took far too long and I was the only person checking in.

Location, location, location. Smack between all the major beaches and attractions in the area.

Good location to the sights shopping and restaurants..comfortable bed
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Terrace

Ceramic tile floors....poor attention to detail....spider web at the base of box spring mattress with black spider in it.....didn't see that until the am...probably was crawling all over the place!! Yuck. Refrigerator was removed from where it was suppose to be set aside on the floor. Looked unsightly. The worst part are the stairs you have to walk down to stay at a ground floor room. There is no elevator and the stairs and steps are dangerous especially for an elderly person. Steps are steep!! Breakfast was decent. Eggs tasted like some type of packaged eggs that you add water too and throw in the microwave.

Awesome friendly comfortable and quiet place I would call he hidden Gem💕💕
    • King Room with Balcony

The staff is excellent!! The breakfast every morning something different. Cindy is the lady that runs the breakfast excellent!! Very quiet here and the views are awesome. Loved our room especially the bed!!

The location was fabulous!
    • King Room with Balcony

The location was fabulous! It was close to several beaches. I am an avid outdoors person so it was close to Rachel Carson Refuge and the many trails of Drake Island. There is kayaking from the property. The room was clean and extremely quiet. The staff was friendly. The only thing I would like to see added is a small microwave otherwise it was perfect. Will definitely come back in the fall.

Spacious clean modern rooms with lovely views and excellent...
    • King Room with Balcony

Spacious clean modern rooms with lovely views and excellent breakfast. Lady serving breakfast was awesome and couldn't do enough for us. She made even the dullest mornings bright!

Nice place!

Building by pool is awkward access to upstairs rooms. Must park one level up, walk down hill and up the stairs to access. Not a major issue but slightly inconvenient.

Comfortable bed. Clean room. Staff is very friendly.

Exceptional stay which will be repeated in te future

Don't change - unless you can control the weather

I travel frequently on business and pleasure You exceed all expectations regard customer satisfaction Within 5 miles there is an excess of restaurants and so your decision to provide breakfast service only is correct. Staff were exceptional - very helpful and always cheerful - don't change them you have some nuggets

The king bed in our room was HEAVENLY , so comfortable and...
    • King Room with Terrace

Loved everything my only suggestion would be to provide the rooms with a microwave .

The king bed in our room was HEAVENLY , so comfortable and clean . Plenty of blankets . Nice sized television. The water in the bathroom is HOT . Room service is prompt and lovely. Cindy who works at the breakfast station is amazing , she had plenty of suggestions on places to go and was very friendly . For free breakfast you can’t beat it . Cheese omelets . Sausage , pancakes . The works Our veiw from the terrace room was gorgeous We will be back next year :)

If they update the showers and sinks, we would come back.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Balcony

The shower took too long to get hot, and tub was a slow drainer. And there are two knobs so you are constantly adjusting the water temp. Same in sink, water doesn’t blend. Outside light stayed on all night. It’s a pity they are not individually controlled.

The bed was comfy and the view spectacular.

Would definitely stay here again!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Balcony

The staff could not be friendlier or more helpful and they were genuine. The beds were amazingly comfortable and the place was SO, SO clean that it was as if we were the first to stay in our room. Balcony view was awesome and we saw a bald eagle fishing in the river! Free breakfast was a wonderful bonus! Great coffee too.

Customer service at its best!

WiFi connection could have been a little faster, but was adequate.

Room was very clean and spacious. The property was well kept and provided an amazing view of the Ogunquit River. Breakfast was excellent and the kitchen attendent lady was very friendly, she definitely knows the meaning of good customer service and it was appreciated.

Peaceful, waterfront king room with balcony for an excellent price! Would definitely stay again. ¸
    • King Room with Balcony

I wish you didn't have to go outside to get to the front desk. The low tide smell is very strong in the hallway (but not in the room).

The view is wonderful and it was very peaceful at this time of year (May). The sound of the small waterfall just across from us made it extra tranquil on our shared balcony. Bed was very comfortable. Staff was very friendly. Very close to downtown Ogunquit. There's even a Trolley that takes you there in season. Great value for the price! Andes candies at the front desk were a nice touch. Breakfast was nothing to write home about - but there was bacon and a cheese omelet available - more than I expected from a budget hotel. Otherwise it was your basic motel staples - breads, yogurt, fruit, cereal etc. I did like the cute little hard boiled eggs on their own shelf in the fridge. : )

It was neat and clean
    • King Room with Balcony

The shower was abit messed up tub would fill and the shower was on at the same time also the tv would cut out every five mins like it was loading

It was neat and clean

The staff are professional and personable.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Balcony

The staff are professional and personable. The room was clean and beds comfortable. The location is perfect for access to Ogunquit and Wells. The waterfall adds to the serenity and the view is lovely.

Beautiful location.

We were told we could upgrade for a room with a balcony but the staff was very reluctant to tell us how or how much. When we inquired about the upgrade all we were told was that there were rooms with balconies at an upgrade and then were handed out sheet to sign without the option to take the upgrade (which we really wanted!)

The room was very modern and tidy. The view was exceptional, very beautiful location. The price was extremely reasonable for the hotel!

Fantastic!!!
    • King Room with Balcony

I don't think there should be a charge if you want to check in early. If your room is ready you should be able to check in if you are there early.

I took my girlfriend here as a surprise for our 1 year anniversary and it was amazing. I had brought champagne and the staff made sure it was chilled and in our room before we arrived. It was perfect. The staff was amazing and the hotel itself is beautiful.

Views spectacular with a very friendly staff.
    • King Room with Terrace

We had a terrace room and getting to it from the main lobby was a little unsafe because of the angle of the sidewalk.

The comfort of the room itself was very nice.

The view was amazing.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Terrace

There were many stairs to our room but realized there were rooms more easier accessible . Would book that room next time

The view was amazing. And all the staff were friendly and helpful

Area is beautiful views nice place with friendly staff .
    • Penthouse Suite

Outdoor stairs /access to the rooms . Unable to alter reservations when the hotel was not even half full .

The people were extremely nice ! Especially the friendly breakfast hostess ! Just disappointed we couldn’t arrange our family rooms together. No elevator or indoor stairs were inconvenient. Our penthouse was so nice and so large we could have fit 6 easy but we’re unabl to cancel the other rooms ??

Birthday Maine Getaway
    • King Room with Balcony

The staff was extremely friendly and the room was very clean and comfortable. The view off our balcony was beautiful and the property is the perfect location for several beaches and area attractions.

Great find, Wonderful experience

The breakfast was average. It is similar to any chain hotel breakfast that is included. It was something to fill our bellies which is always appreciated.

This hotel was a wonderful find! All the rooms have been renovated within the past few years. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The layout of the hotel is in fact unique however it is very manageable. The view is also worth something. Rooms were clean and I didn't believe it when everyone talked about how comfy the bed was. But it is so comfortable!! We would stay there again. Pleasant experience. Wonderful value for the money in Ogunquit! I almost don't want to leave this review so that it can remain a hidden gem :)

Front desk "Mike" was super friendly and good...

Bedsheets had foul smell and couldn't fall asleep for a very long time because of that. As it was late, it was not an option to contact front desk.

Front desk "Mike" was super friendly and good professional. Breakfast had a lot of options and scrambled egg was yummy with a different texture which I haven't experienced anywhere. Very nice looking room and view of river from window.

Beds were great.

Next time I will book a top floor because one night I had "elephants" walking around upstairs and was a little annoying. Have no idea what these people were doing. Fortunately they must have fallen asleep

Beds were great. Housekeeping staff were wonderful. Never saw them but they somehow cleaned the rooms. Usually they are knocking on your door at 9 in the morning. Did not disturb me once.

too many places to try to go back. a top room may be a good option.
    • King Room with Terrace

very steep stairs/walkway to terrace(bottom)rooms.walls thin,could easily hear rooms above and next door. trying to relax and read outside,some one was using a leaf blower and a few men were hammering in early afternoon,not very relaxing.

clean,staff at desk pleasant,nice view of the river.breakfast was decent.

The view was great and location.
    • Penthouse Suite

The morning breakfast was ok. The eggs were too salty to eat and there were no tea bags. Was told to wipe the kitchen down before l leave because the housekeeper gets upset.

The view was spectacular with the private deck and the waterfall. There were two bedrooms, kitchen and washer dryer. The beds were very comfortable with one room with a view and a deck. The location was great and centrally located to shops and restaurants.

We like the water view.

See above

We like the water view. This property is very poorly designed and many rooms are only accessible by stairs and paved ramps that do not meet ADA standards.

beautiful area, very nice stay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Balcony

too far from parking lot to room and steep climb to come back up, help was not offered when we checked in to get luggage to our room so assumed it was not available to get back up when checking out

room very nice and comfortable

Nice to get away... It was OK

This has nothing to do with the hotel but, the town of Ogunquit should run the trollies at what is posted. Trolley was in our plans for a return walk to town on Sunday. Although posted available they decided to stop the trolley at 5pm on Sunday. Our walk turned in 6 miles round trip. Not what I intended. Poor decision for the town to make. Disregard for tourist needs. We were informed of the change at the hotel when we returned.

Breakfast was ok, Room clean, location was good. Staff was pleasant. Room air was comfortable. The lobby had no air conditioning and it was unusually warm for that time of year.

Overall it was a nice stay.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Balcony

Shared balcony. Bathroom seemed like it was not finished painted, it had rust from the sprinkler in the it.

The view was nice waking up in the morning. Breakfast was nice, different main item each day. Staff was friendly, when asked questions was able to answer them.

Fine except for the room

Room location. It was the only room without a view of the ocean. Room access. Had to Walk down a hill and then climb 17 steps to access the room. Not the best situation for an older couple.

Location was convenient to all the events we were attending
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Terrace

No sink in bathroom. Parking was not convenient to location of room especially carrying luggage in the rain

Room was spacious and clean and view from our room of the river was beautiful Enjoyed the many choices for breakfast breakfast

The staff were super frienldy and helpful.
    • King Room with Balcony

The staff were super frienldy and helpful. The location is very pretty and there is an eatery across the road. A short drive takes you to many more dining options and the very pretty town. The property has a new feel to it. We stayed one night. The room was comfortable and the view from the balcony was very pretty. Breakfast was very decent.

Very nice place
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Terrace

The parking no parking where the bottom floors are not good for older people to have to walk down the hill then back up it to get to your car

Very clean staff very friendly

Enjoyed our week stay here.
    • King Room with Balcony

The breakfast was a little lacking but adequate.

The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. Enjoyed the view from the balcony. It was in walking distance to restaurants and a trolley stop.

Nice after the season weekend.

Our room had a slightly funky odor. But it was mild enough to keep windows open. We stayed 2 nights. Not able to book the rooms with balcony, as only 1 night was available and we did not want to pack up and move to another room. Our room had a window, so that was ok. In warmer weather we would only take a room with balcony We did not spend much time in the room, we were out exploring.

The lobby and dining area are beautiful. The views are good. Breakfast was good and plentiful and included. Staff is courteous and informative and helpful. We used the hot tub. That was good. We did not walk anywhere from this place, used the car. Kayak rental is available at this property in warmer weather.

The breakfast was horrible!

The breakfast was horrible! Went to cut a bagel, it was so stale that it literally broke in pieces in my hand. The bacon I don't know what it was undercooked and didn't taste like bacon!

Great view and clean room but rude awakening probably ruined our chances of coming back.
    • Penthouse Suite

Being woken up at 5:45 because of tables being moved in the lobby below us, and the staff brushing this off as a formality rather than the hotel taking full responsibility or offering something to make up for ruining the morning.

Great location and view. Spacious room.

A combination of modern and vintage, excellent staff, very...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Balcony

A combination of modern and vintage, excellent staff, very clean,the complimentary breakfast was excellent and our balcony had an outstanding view of the river...I will certainly return...definitely recommend.

Overall very good
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Terrace

Not crazy about sliding door access for room 112. Also, no way to alert that maid service is not needed. I didn't like the fact that the view shown on the website was not at all the view from room 112... a bit deceiving in my opinion.

Very good pillows. Fantastic front desk staff- very personable and helpful.

I would stay there again, loved it!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Balcony

The toilet in our room was loose from the wall, and you can hear your neighbors I the next room pretty clearly.

The location was fabulous. Loved the view from the balcony and the fluffy pillows!

Warm,relaxing and wonderful

Really, nothing

Location was great. Quiet with a great view. John, the general manager was attentive to making his location a memorable part of our stay.

The hotel was very comfortable and we loved the view. The staff was friendly and helpful as well.
    • King Room with Balcony

On our first morning, they were out of a number of breakfast items (eggs, oatmeal, limited coffee) when we arrived shortly after 9 am. I'm assuming this was due to a large number of guests that day because we ate breakfast there on our last morning as well and there seemed to be more than enough food.

The staff was very upbeat and helpful. The room was comfortable with a beautiful view. The trolley stop located in front of the building was very convenient!

I enjoyed our stay at the Inn and would definitely like to return again.
    • King Room with Balcony

All of the staff were very friendly and informative especially Kat who told me about the Marginal Way Path. The room was very spacious and we had a balcony with a beautiful view of the river. I would like to go back to kayak. Unfortunately the weather was overcast or light rain while we were there. I saw the sunrise from the balcony the last morning and wish we could have stayed longer.

Good and not so Good
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Balcony

Screen slider was broken so insects could fly in and there was no lock on ut, so it coukd not be used at night.

Nice view, welk maintained lawn, clean pool

Browse Ogunquit River Inn traveller photo gallery