Reviews of Airport Honolulu Hotel 3 stars

3401 North Nimitz Highway, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA

#109 of 210 hotels in Honolulu

• One King Bed

Fitness room was a little run down.

Clean room and very comfy bed. Excellent service - we arrived very early from a cruise, but were accommodated with a room at 12.30, well before normal checkin time. Enjoyed the pool. Useful to have a shuttle service to both airport and to sister restaurant in the evening, both of which are very close. Also short walking distance to several eateries.

• One King Bed

Unfortunately by the time we checked into our hotel it was 10:00 pm The restaurant was closed and no room service available We had to purchase what was available from the hotel little shop .. yoghurt , fruit salad , and drink Rooms were basic but clean bathroom needed upgrading, hair dryer not working.

The prompt shuttle service to/from Airport & Hotel Breakfast was prepared for you as per menu available .. quick, presentable, plentiful and hot. The staff at check-in very nice, informative as was the shuttle driver was obliging by helping with luggage.

• One King Bed

The fact there is no onsite restaurant or room service. Plus they didn't have any soy or alternative milk at breakfast. I am vegan and in this day and age everywhere has at least soy milk to offer.

Location and free shuttle to airport terminal

• Two Double Beds

It was a bit bare in the rooms, but since it was an overnight bed between flights, that didn’t matter

The fruit plates for breakfast were beautiful. We were given interconnecting rooms which made it easy to keep our plans coordinated.

• Two Double Beds

- Comfy bed, but not quite comfortably large for two people. The description said two double beds in the room, but one bed was more like for 1,5 person.

- Bed was comfy - Free airport shuttle - Great wifi - Nice dinner at Willoughby's downstairs, but the restaurant is not open every night of the week - Pool

Rooms were a bit dirty (old carpet, dirty walls). We had 2 rooms, the balcony doors didn't seal completely on both and the outside wind made an annoying whistling sound all night.

Staff friendly, pool was nice, proximity to the airport (and their shuttle) was awesome.

• Two Double Beds

Really friendly staff and comfy beds, perfect for anyone who is tired after a long travel to Hawaii. We stayed there only for one night in an extended layover - the hotel is really close to the airport and has a shuttle.

• One King Bed

The bathtub had some left hairs. Air condition was loud. Our room was far from the lobby and had to change buildings.

We stayed here because we had an early flight to one of the islands. Convenient location. Free shuttle service to and from the airport. Overall okay for what we wanted. Nothing fancy. I wouldn't stay for more days.

• One King Bed

I have to pay my parking

Driver who picked us up from the airport was super nice and friendly, I recommended a raise for the guy, staff was alright. Property is very clean and good atmosphere. I recommended this hotel to my parish when they again and my family and friends as well, more convenient and close to the airport. Free shuttle available all the time.

• Two Double Beds

Hotel isn’t close to Waikiki where all the beaches and shops are, but that didn’t worry us as we had another place to stay in the heart of Waikiki afterwards, the hotel was only for our late arrival from airport that night... Otherwise the hotel is good.

Staff friendly, close to airport for our stay over for the night, and bonus was the shuttle to and from airport..

Parking is $30/day....yikes

Staff was super friendly and helpful. Maids (Norma), did an excellent job. The room smelled good, beds were clean, and amenities were beyond expectations. The restaurant downstairs has reasonable prices and delicious food. The lobby had 3 massage chairs, a computer, a store....ice machines on every floor....I would definitely return.

• Two Double Beds

They over charged my card an extra 30.00 . It’s a good thing I’m always up to date with my banking. Then when asked why before checking out . They couldn’t tell me why . Just that they would refund it to my card . But they don’t know how long it’s going to take. But they did it very sneaky. It happened our second night there. I wonder how many customers they have done this too. And they didn’t even notice so the hotel gets away with it. And the hallways doesn’t smell very pleasant. It smells like bad body order.

The pool was okay . They cleaned our room good

• One King Bed

The hotel is a little dated. I would like to see upgraded bedding with duvets instead of sheets over blanket.

The food in the restaurant is excellent! Compliments to chef, cooks and all staff. Everyone was very accommodating and nice.

• Two Double Beds

All of the people at the hotel was very friendly and the restaurant was beautiful so great I will definitely come back to this hotel and tell friends and family about the service was perfect and the location near restaurants and stores I am walking distance or short taxi ride. The shuttle service from the airport and back to the airport was an unexpected surprise.

• Two Double Beds

the ice machine was broken the day and a half we were there. the bed was clean. the over all of the room for 165.00 needs some work, an overhaul would be recommended. We could hear people in the hall. for the smallest water, about 6 oz. was 2.00. The appearance of the room was very cheap. ONE OF your check in clerks was very rude to me and my husband.. snippety I would say. there was a chair in the lobby you pay to give you a massage, it was great! The carpet Was filthy in our room. What else can I say????

not much for the money value.. thanks

• Two Double Beds

Comfy bed and pillows. Plenty of room. Very clean. Great location for those who have next day flight. Shuttle included in price and reliable. Located close to food outlets (5 min walk).

• Two Double Beds

Long wait at reception. Long walk to room (cross to another building) - annoying with a bunch of tired kids and parents.

Free and short shuttle ride to/from airport, starting at 5am.

• One King Bed

2 Cockroaches in room, old chipped furniture, rusty iron and ironing board, hair in the tub, shabby lobby furniture with stains on the old rug.

Staff and shuttle

• Two Double Beds

Loved the location, it's merely 10mins walk to the HNL airport. It was my 3rd stay within a month and this time a got a room with windows facing the highway - it was bit louder but I could fall asleep easily and sleep through the night without waking up. WiFi was pretty good too.

• Two Double Beds

Hawaiian Price Level. Stay was completly fine but for the offered Level of comfort you would pay only a third or half on the mainland.

Conveniently located ~10min by foot from Airport, every 30min free Shuttle - ideal if your inter Island flight arrives in the evening and you have to leave very early next morning. Some fast Food Restaurants (24/7) nearby.

• Two Double Beds

Was noisy due to fan in bathroom that could not be turned off. Next to highway due to proximity to airport so a bit noisy but upside is that it is super convenient.

Shuttle to collect us from airport was just a free phone call away and only had to wait a couple of minutes & morning shuttle was super easy. Provided us with eating options in the area upon arrival.

• One King Bed

In transit needed close to airport for early departure. Excellent shuttle bus service 24/7. Clean room and quiet - perfect. Bus around corner - $5 all day ticket.

• Two Double Beds

I checked in at 2:30 AM and checked out t 6:00 PM - so I was there less than 3/4 of a day and was charged for more than a day (room rate plus $75 US). I would be better if an airport hotel operated with the knowledge that people are coming and going at all hours of the day and gave flexible hours of check-in and check-out. For example in India you get 24 hrs from the time you check-in until you must check-out.

Air con was good. beds comfy. pool refreshing.

• Two Double Beds

Shuttle bus quite inefficient. We waited nearly 30 minutes until we were picked up from the airport, even if the hotel is only three minutes away. Too expensive.

Relatively new and comfortable

• Two Double Beds

1. I booked double bed room but the front desk gave us the single bed room in 1st floor even though there was still double bed room available.(I knew that because we asked for another room when we found there's cockroach in the room.) 2. cockroach in the room. 3.Waiting the shuttle bus in the airport for more than 30 minute, even call and urge the hotel for 3 times.

Location and breakfast was great

• One King Bed

Overall appearance of hotel was tired and dirty. There was construction going on in the parking lot and the streets all around the hotel, making the airport shuttle take a 1 mile detour. There was no dinner available, we had to take the shuttle to their "sister property" a half mile away. Breakfast service was extremely slow despite only a half dozen people in the restaurant.

Closest hotel to Honolulu Airport.

• One King Bed

Could use some bottled water in room and a free early check in.

Restaurant has mostly a classic American menu with good options. Burgers and fries are excellent - also a delicious quesadilla. Nice staff.

• Two Double Beds

There is nothing I didn't like.

I am commuting to work and the hotel's location is very close to the airport. Also, the 24hr check in is very convenient. Thank you very much for the stay!

• One King Bed

The hotel was too cold in the corridors and the room, and the noise from the road was disturbing. Double-glazed windows would be very valuable to lower the noise level for better sleep.

Near airport location and shuttle service

• Two Double Beds

High noise level exacerbated by poor fitting windows. Asked for a cork screw and knife but neither was available. No meals available at hotel so had to walk to the next hotel. If we'd known before check in we would have stayed where meals were available.

Location to airport and shuttle service were key advantages

• Two Double Beds

The bed was excellent, everything was perfect, but no bar, it was great there is a shop and could buy a drink. definitely stay again. Very clean and welcoming.

A/C working properly

Super humid in room, like AC was not working (I live in Florida so I am familiar with humidity). Room was almost palpably wet. Very uncomfortable. Did have pretty good bed and pillows. Pretty old and run down facility.

• Two Double Beds

Conveniently located close to airport for early starts. Comfortable and clean. Restaurant had surprisingly good food - chicken stir-fry to die for. Super efficient shuttle service with lovely drivers.

• Two Double Beds

It was noisy from traffic and the reception staff were not very welcoming. Very long walk to our room.

Breakfast staff were lovely. Close to the airport to fly out next day.

• Two Double Beds

Rooms were noisy, bathroom fan didn’t switch off, no sound proofing meant traffic noise was atrocious and curtains allowed so much external lighting to flood the room sleeping was impossible. Restaurant service was good but food quality not great.

Close proximity to airport was helpful for our early departure from Honolulu.

• Two Double Beds

I stayed there for the second time within a week and ended up in the exact same room. The location is unbeatable, the property is easy to reach from the airport and it takes ~10mins to get to Pearl Harbor and ~30mins to the city. This time I also tried eating at the on-site restaurant - food was good and service friendly. Will stay again.

• One King Bed

Dinner at sister hotel so so, but convenient.

Totally pleasant & accommodating for travelers en route. Fine transport back & forth to & from airport. Will stay there again if itinerary requires.

Decor a bit dated

Convenient location for the airport. Able to arrange pick up from the airport at any time. Good communication when my plane was delayed so I knew my room was being held for me.

• Two Double Beds

Would be great if the restaurant on-site opened earlier than 6.30am, it was too late for me to use it

Great location if you're coming to Honolulu late or have an early morning flight the next day. They offer a free airport shuttle but it's also possible to walk from the terminal to the hotel, it shouldn't take longer than 20 mins. There's also a bus stop so you can easily take a bus to the city or travel westbound towards Pearl harbor.

• Two Double Beds

Beds are uncomfortable, mattress are very soft, uneven, springs or coils shifts as you turn on at night trying to sleep, OH my Gosh!!!! Parking fee $30.00 per night WOW!..(4 nights over $100) my turn off.. Visit Hawaii 3 times a year, always stay at others hotels This Trip we decided to try your hotel, (Emergency trip, family funeral) great location, wonderful Staff and maids, I'm considering maybe I should book my December 2018 Christmas family trip with AHH.. I will try to reach Les Nisihimura (Military Liaison) for help, if can. Always book my own travel.. we'll see.. Thanks

Close to airport, Front Desk Staff always great, friendly and willing to to anything for their guests. The Maids are happy, smiling and make you feel welcome and belong there.

• One King Bed

Old, dated, STALE SMOKE smell, bed (who still uses spring mattress) old blank covered with a sheet does not hide lack of mantaince.

The employee working the front desk.

• Two Double Beds

I wish all airports had a hotel like this one! Mere minutes from the terminal and a 24/7 shuttle give such peace of mind! I spent my afternoon in the sun by the pool, grabbed sushi and a protein smoothie from the nearby shops and got an early night. Perfect for stop overs!

• One King Bed

It’s very noisy, the highway (8+ eleveated lanes plus ground traffic) is less than a 100 meters away. No double glazing, poor quality rooms, noisy aircon, polystyrene cups for coffee. Yes it’s close to the airport but you won’t sleep and it’s so over priced I would rather stay somewhere nice and spend another 10 min in a cab.

It’s close to the airport but you still need to take a bus.

• Superior

A decent place to stay while stopping over to see Pearl Harbour. We weren't keen on what we saw of Honolulu and probably wouldn't visit again, similarly we wouldn't choose to stay at this hotel for more than one night, but it served its purpose just fine.

• Two Double Beds

Restaurant closed two nights a week, no good restaurants (like that serve beer/wine) within walking distance. Parking $30/night.

Nice front desk staff.

• One King Bed

no shuttle bus as advertised from Airport to Hotel, unless you call them - I couldn't use my international mobile phone. There was no food at all at the hotel! first hotel in the world with no eating services!

• One King Bed

Willoughby's should be open every day of the week for longer hours; esp. for guests who fly in & do not have a car or want the added expense of a taxi or shuttle or want to be bothered w/bus routes/schedules!

The breakfast items were plentiful & the staff there was very friendly.

• One King Bed

Indifferent lobby staff. A lot of noise from the overhead highway which was close by. Our air conditioning unit had a very nasty smell--like animal dander. Pool was closed due to "weather"? (cloudy, not storming)

Airport shuttle.

• One King Bed

Staff was abrupt and to almost to the point of rude. Check in process was confusing because there was no parking for my vehicle. How was I supposed to know that I was to park my car in the gated area than register? The staff lectured me in process after I mistakenly park in front door area. This was my first impression of this property & it’s staff Aloha! Mahalo😡

• One King Bed

Very expensive especially since breakfast not included in cost of room. Restaurant closed half of the week, need to get shuttle to sister hotel. Signage for courtesy phone for free shuttle from airport to hotel non-existent in some of the arrival areas.

Location good, on main bus route into Waikiki/Honolulu

• Two Double Beds

A little bit noisy due to a busy road near-by.

I was traveling alone and only had to stay for one night so this hotel was perfect! It was literally 5 minutes away from the airport and provided free hotel shuttle to-and-from the airport. Staff was very helpful, there was an ATM in the lobby, microwave and tv in the room, and numerous drink/food machines so I did not have to venture out of the hotel for food (i was too tired at this point to want to go anywhere far for food!). For a 1-night stay I felt this was perfect. It was a little noisy due to the road near-by but other then that it was a great stay.

• Superior

The 90's decor was very dated but well maintained. There was an excessive use of air freshener which aggravated my sinuses.

Excellent location and a very good shuttle service.

• One King Bed

The checkin was a bit slow.

Good Hotel for an overnight stay between two flights (coming from Big Island, leaving to LA/Munich). Mc Donalds and a small shop next to a gas station are in a walking distance, if you walk towards the airport you'll find Lei shops in which you can buy really beautiful leis for "not so touristy" prices.

• Two Double Beds

There was nothing we didnt like.

My kids loved the pool. The beds were so comfortable we all though1t we were at home. The restaurants are walkimg distance. The gift shop was convient. The staff was great everytime they see you thw frert you with aloha!

• One King Bed

The hotel is pretty run down and clearly needs some upgrades. The air conditioning was noisy so it was hard to sleep. Blanket was too thin and pillows too soft for me for a good sleep.

The hotel is the closest to the airport and provides a free shuttle service that operates every 30 minutes. All staff members were very friendly and professional.

• Two Double Beds

No complimentary drinking water.

Close to the airport, they have free airport shuttle every 30 minutes, the gift shop has a lot of needed things, the staff was nice.

• Two Double Beds

Onsite Restaurant is not open every day. With very limited options around the area, travelling with tired, small children can be made easier if the onsite restaurant was open every night. Road noise from freeway - Windows could be double glazed to assist with noise reduction.

Customer service - very good. Efficient, helpful. Room - very clean & tidy, comfortable. Onsite convenience store great idea. Handy.

• One King Bed

In addition to our hotel cost there was an additional 30$ per night for just parking. Seemed ridiculous after paying 200 per night for the room...but it is Hawaii I suppose

Very close to the airport. In the center of everything. Longest we drove anywhere was an hour and mainly due to the speed limits on the island.

• One King Bed

It was a noisy location so close to traffic. Although expected, additional noise cancellation would have been good.

Location was good. Pool was better than expected.

• Two Double Beds

The place is very very dated. The room we were in was a horrible orange/yellow colour,half of the lamps in the room weren’t working, the lift stopped working for some time while we were. For an airport hotel, you would expect at least some food options like room service later in the evening but the only option at around 9pm when we arrived was McDonalds drive through. For the price we paid for the room, this was not at all worth it, and the lack of food defeated the ‘convenience’ factor as well.

It is very close the airport.

• Superior

Unfortunately their restaurant isn't open every evening. And when they aren't open, they will shuttle you over to a "sister" hotel (Best Western) who does have their restaurant open. This restaurant was very good and we'd eat there again. I believe these 2 hotels apparently switch evenings when their restaurant is open. On a negative side, there are no other restaurants nearby, except for a McDonald's next door to the Best Western hotel.

Nice hotel with comfortable rooms and nice pool. Convenient to airport and has shuttle service.

• One King Bed

The location was perfect! Right by the airport and near so many business centers and restaurants. Free shuttle service made everything so convenient.

• One King Bed

Dated hotel. But convenient to airport.

Actually had nice towels. Breakfast at the restaurant was good and large portions. Also walkable restaurants nearby.

• Two Double Beds

Pool was down for maintenance. They said we could use the pool at sister property, but it was a shuttle ride away. Ditto the restaurant. Nothing to do around hotel except wait for next days plane

Near the airport. Very friendly staff. Clean, good bed, roomy.

• Superior

This is a typical airport location hotel. The shuttle to and from the airport was prompt and efficient. Breakfast (extra) was served on the lovely open pool area.

• One King Bed

Parking ticket system didn't really work - each time the machine could not scan my card. However, the staff were helpful and their assistance each time was excellent so it was easy to handle this small inconvenience

eggs benedict breakfasts were excellent Well stocked gift/convenience store All Staff were extremely helpful and friendly

• One King Bed

Very basic and never updated. Tries to say they are environmentally friendly so use less towels but at the same time has plastic and stirofoam cups.

Close to airport

• Two Double Beds

Parking was expensive and sometimes the gate didn’t work good.

Loved the breakfast. Fast and convenient. Rooms are darkened and can barely hear the street traffic.

• Two Double Beds

Perfectly sized family room, very clean and comfortable, surprisingly good food at breakfast (home made hash browns!), right next to the airport, free shuttle, and in walking distance of car rental.

• Two Double Beds

Restaurant looked dreary, uninviting. Socket in the bedside sconce hanging loose, looked dangerous. And they failed to make our wake-up call.

proximity to airport

• Two Double Beds

this hotel was chosen for its airport pickup. Despite repeated calls it took 45 minutes for the shuttle to show up. It is a five minute drive to the airport. No excuse or apology was given. The place was third rate with stains on the carpet and chips in the paint.

• Superior

The luggage storage attendant could have taken our luggage even to the elevator but expected a tip to do nothing.

Reception staff very nice and helpful

• One King Bed

Directions were sub-par. Hawaiians cant give directions. The local was easy after orienting to upper and lower hyways. the hotel is not easily seen from the under street corner of Rodgers especially with the fast traffic.

good locale to rental cars and good food (b'fast).

• One King Bed

I could have used a TV guide for the channels.

Bed was comfortable. Front desk was very helpful with my questions Bell hop people were amazing with quick response.

• Two Double Beds

Bathroom was a bit small. Coffee facilities had only packet creamer - small milks are much better.

Very close to airport and shuttle pick up was excellent.