Reviews of Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port 3 stars

4.8

5.3

5.2

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

there were not any. Instructions on how to use the oven on the stove in my room . I didnt like that the exhaust fan didnt work in bathroom and that the ceiling dripped in bathroom. Which was unsafe .I had to leave a towel on. the floor . otherwise everything was enjoyable! ! .

I liked the location. Iliked that I had a fridge .I liked that. There was a store near that was open til midnight . I liked that the area was safe to walk at night being I am a woman .

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

The room was ok for the price. But customer service needs improvement, my husband and I stayed to celebrate my birthday. At time of checking in my husband mentions to the front desk attendant she didn’t even acknowledge what he said. She gave our breakfast vouchers but did not explained how it works. We called the front desk in the morning to ask where to go for breakfast the representative did not know. We had to call 3 times until we finally got an answer. The hotel registration office is not in the hotel lobby you have to walk or drive to get to it. It does not have parking you have to use the public garage parking which they didn’t explain either we had to figure it out on our own. The room is very small.

Proximity to The Hollywood Boardwalk

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

The facility itself was GROSS, it was gloomy and smelled of mildew. The carpers are old, dusty, dirty. The hotel resort doubles as an apartment building..reminds me of somewhere they'd send people receiving government funds. Lack of outlets and the ones they have are awkwardly placed so it's hard to charge AND utilize your phone. No blanket on the bed meanwhile the AC is blasting and unable to be adjusted. Where you check-in isn't where the rooms are, i was unaware and was rudely redirected! So I had to WALK to the other building to check-in and go back to where I started ...

The Outdoors! Its beautifully locates on the beach with an awesome boardwalk and pool.

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

One of the worst hotels I’ve ever stayed at. It’s pretty much abandoned and anyone that works there seems to have no idea about how to run a hotel. Do NOT waste your time here...pay a little more and go to a nice hotel with people that are proud of their product. This is a major disappointment to a historic hotel.

The location to the beach is great.

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

The hotel room was bland and unwelcoming. The building is very old and seems like a place which is about to be demolished. There is a lot of unused spaces and a dead musty smell throughout the corridors. With heavy rain the ceiling in the corridor started to leak. There were too many hidden charges and this hotel ended up being far too expensive for such a run down environment. It was very cheap rates on booking.com but the price at the hotel ended up being nearly US$600 for 5 nights. Having said that, I got used to it and ended up liking it. I learned about the history of the 1926 building which has a rich and interesting history. I developed an affection for the place. I can see that it was magnificent in it's prime. It was far too expensive for a 2 star hotel.

The hotel room was well equipped with full size fridge-freezer and gas stove. Full supply of kitchen wares. Microwave. Iron and iron board. Bathroom was clean and comfortable and bright. The hotel is on the beautiful Hollywood beach. Lovely for morning walks or cycling. There are places to hire bikes. The hotel has a pool area. It's safe access to the bars and restaurants on the broadwalk at night. Perfect place for a lone traveller, couples and families.

The hotel is completely in disarray! I get there at 4am on the 15thand they sent me to the. They sent me to the wrong front desk this hotel operates with 3 or four different companies running it. So the security guard sent me to the wrong location and then I had to walk with my luggage to the end of the block it was pitch black outside and i am disabled. So get to my room which is a hike and than i get into the room and no air they had a rollaway air conditioner in the room which was not hooked up.Als oik the latch was clearpy snapped off. So they gave me another room room and back downstairs to pick up new room key to go all the way to get my luggage by myself and than to the other side of the hotel. Again I am disabled and got no help. On the 16th which they gave me vause i got to my room so late they had to make it the next day reservation. So again i woke up to a pool of sweat with the A/C broken. cmon a refund is in order a complete refund

the location

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

There was a shooting in front of the hotel as we were walking out to get dinner. The facilities were old and dingy. The hallways were carpeted and reeked of cigarette smoke. We had to check in across the street from the actual hotel as it is divided into two management offices. It was weird. Parking was $24 per day. None of this was mentioned in the booking. It was a terrible experience and I would rather have paid more for a better experience. I have stayed in many hotels nationwide and this was one of the worst .

Sorry not much to like on this trip

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

Run down condition of the entire hotel. Lost power the first night. Portable AC window unit failed the second night. Elevators were in very poor condition. There were abandoned rooms surrounding our room.

hotel located on the beach

• Standard Queen Room with Ocean View

The pictures don't match the actual location. The pictures are nice but the place is horrible. Needs to be torn down or shut down and gutted. Old and outdated. There is more water coming out of tub spout than the shower head. Burned out bulbs. Broken door security tab on back of the door. Elevators don't work properly. The halls smell. Ant trap stored on the cutting board in the kitchen cabinet. Portable air conditioner in the room blocks the ocean view. Pool closes at 8 PM every night. No bar area like pictures appear.

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

It was the most run down "resort" we have ever experienced. It is such a grand piece of property & its truely upsetting to see something like that be so deteriorated! Such a shame. The lifts didnt work and if they did, it would be at a snails pace. Despite the floors being "no smoking" you could always smell stale smoke coming from other rooms. Look, good value for money in terms of location - but there is a line between value for money and actually having a disgusting resort. Never been happier to check out of a place.

Location. Thats litterally it.

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

Smells of weeds in all corridors Out of 3 2 elevators broken All eating places closed for renovation Parking nearby No valet parking

Location was great

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

it hotel needs to be close.it do not have hygiene, it smell bad,it is dirty, at the reception the young girl is rude. My sheets had blood, the bathtub was flooded with hairs and the bathroom was dirty very dirty. It was a bad experience. The pool have mould. My children and I arrived from South Carolina to rest and have a great time together but this was not possible while we were in the hotel.

• Deluxe Studio Double: City View

Parking at the garage recommended by the hotel was horrible. They doubled charged me with out giving back a refund, manager not available to talk, doesnt respond to email, rude employe and not able to help.

Soft beds and nice kitchen in the room.

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

The staff , especially the front desk personal , the room had flukes, the a/s did not work property, they say they would sent maintenance but never worked

The location was great ,

• Deluxe Studio Double: Ocean View

Web sight is a complete lie ! I have never been rip off more than this . The checkin nite guy was very argumentive everything was in dis repair .and I mean everything . Ocean view that’s funny a window facing ocean that you can’t see out of do to not cleaned . This place sucked . I will never use book it again nor return to this sleazy hotel . I’m better off staying at a motel . I could go on and on about this place . And it wasn’t just us every one I spoke to said the same thing . Don’t go to this place and don’t use book it because once you commit you have no out . dont do it ! dont do it !!!

It was on the beach

• Deluxe Studio Double: Ocean View

T chose free breakfast and went You get there they Charged 7 dollar No free breakfast ,I paíd for océano view they gave me city view, they parking was 28 per day and they said they Will give me discount 4 dollar and wasnt true i paíd 28 dollar , they staff not friendly ,they pool was close for repair i paíd for they room 266.00 a night 😡😡

• Deluxe Studio Double: City View

Elevator is old, elevator said 4th when actually on on 5th, hallway stunk, telephone didn't work to call front desk or request more towels. Had 5 tv channels, power flickered of Friday night. Lobby said they could of gave us better rate than booking.com

Appearance outside and in lobby looked ok. Pool looked nice but we just went to beach. Downstairs breakfast booth was good. We had room 576

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

The building is falling apart. When I walked in I thought it was an abandoned building. The pool was disgusting. I later found out it was condos that are rented out. There was also a second chance college dorm located in the building. The smell of marijuana was intense. I would NOT recommend this location. Take your money elsewhere. Also don’t give booking.com your business either. I called to expect pain the situation to them in hopes as I am a returning customer they would give me some sort of credit beings I paid nearly 400$ for the dump that booking shows online as a glorious place to stay. They offered me nothing but sorry ! Pure disgrace!!!

The location was great.

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

the eleavators didn't work out of 5 only 1 worked and that broke down the last day 7 flights of stairs is a bit much for older couples

close to beach everything within walking distance

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

the elevator was not working , the hallways smelled like marijuana all day and night, the staff was not very friendly,

our room had a nice view and was clean and comfortable the location was perfect and the pool was nice

• Deluxe Studio Double: City View

This is the worst hotel ever. Dirty, expensive, 3 elevators only 1 worked, $24 parking. Smelly/moldy hallways, rooms need to be updated. bathroom was gross. We couldn't wait to leave. NEVER AGAIN! YUCK.

the location

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

When you book a hotel and it costs you an extra 35$ just to park your vehicle that is ridiculous not very happy also told when I went to check in by security that I could not even park long enough without paying meter just to check was told that I would be towed if left in drop off area of hotel.

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

Needs serious refurbishment and repair.

Location is the best quality of the hotel. Quiet beach and nice town of Hollywood. This hotel used to be a very top in old days.

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

Some young couples in the hot tub touching and kissing like they were alone in their rooms and children were there. It happened twice and it was very uncomfortable since I had my son (7 years old) with me; it bother other people more than me and I notoced they left the pool area. There was nobody from the hotel in the pool area ever; I'm sure if somebody from the hotel was there we wouldn't have to see this scene....

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

The mold smell that even came home on an in my luggage, the roaches that came when lights were out. the room was remodled an ok but the smell of mold was a 10 in rating . 3 bottles perfume didnt even touch it. Also the first room did not even resemble the pictures on site, had to complain of course.

Just barely sqeeked by

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

The room smelled like old carpet, the bathroom pipe dripped all night, there was one towel no hand or bath towels, no bath mat, the fridge made a loud sound all night, staff was rude, the chain lock on the door was broken we had to prop a chair against the door for extra safety, the TV only worked on one channel, we tried to call someone to fix it, but the desk phone only rang 100 plus times (no exaggeration). The only pleasant person was the parking garage attendant. I felt as though I was on a "survival" show...

The bed was the only comfort

• Standard Queen Room with Ocean View

Bathroom (showers), small room, air conditioning didn't really work, not a view we were hoping for in 707; when we were there, we were about to go to the nice, large pool, but when we approached the entrance there was poop dripped from the gate down to the beach shower.... I'm sure they have it cleaned up by now, but definitely didn't want to step in that pool! Not the hotel's fault, but it was pretty gross.

The location is the highlight!!! Full Review: We were room 707. We were here for El Clasico Miami and his hotel was a nice 20-25 minutes away! Not bad! It was just my boyfriend and I, and the rooms were small, but spacious enough for the both of us. It did get pretty messy/crowded when coming back from the beach, but it wasn't anything we couldn't work around. The bathroom shower didn't seem very clean so we put a towel on the bathroom floor to step on. We called maintenance to fix the air conditioning thing that stuck to the window because we would turn it on and it would shut off every 15 secs! They didn't exactly "fix it." The bed though was great! It was so huge that it took up a good bit of the room, and it was very comfortable. The fridge was more than enough for both of us. It would be a perfect size for families or groups of friends (although room size would not be: Standard Queen Suite/Room with -more or less of- an Ocean View.) the view is not what we expected as we were on the far side of the building. The air conditioning tube thing blocked it pretty well and we would need to be sitting at the table to bending down to look out. The TV had pretty good channels, but we really didn't watch except for one night because the location of this property is absolutely perfect! We rented bikes from the Bike Shack (shoutout) almost everyday and road up to Keating Beach and Dania Beach a good bit! The Hollywood Beach area was pretty bustling, but not enough to be too crowded, which we liked! Mamacita's was great, the French restaurant called Le Bro (something, sorry haha) was good, and we enjoyed having a Haagen-Dazs very close by! The property itself was large and we imagined that at one point, it was an awesome outdoor mall as well! However the hotel was vacant in its "store/mall" area and just seemed like it was still stuck in time.

• Standard Queen Room with City View

Elevators didn't work properly

Everything around was great. Beach was across the streat, small beach stores not even a minute from the hotel, good places to eat. The area was great.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Ocean View

The hotel was absolutely disgusting and smell really bad the pull-out couch had blood on it and was disgusting as well the whole experience was gross and I wouldn't send anyone not even my enemy there

It was on the beach

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

The staff were miserable and unhelpful. The hotel was dirty and smelt old. Our rooms were not cleaned very well and every evening we had to suffer the smell of Cannabis on our floor which was a non smoking one! (Floor 4).

The location to the beach.

• Deluxe Studio Double: Ocean View

I paid extra for an "ocean view" only to find I had to stand on my bed and look out a porthole size window to see the ocean at all. There was also no warning that parking for one night was going to cost an extra $25.

It was close to the beach.

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

Customer service very poor,room dirty,bathroom was plug,air conditioner didn't work,very noise place,very dirty hotel,I will not recommend this hotel to any body not even you getting it for free (you will sleep better in the beach) I will never be back, worse hotel I ever stayed

i didn't

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

I did find a roach in my room Also bathroom was leaking n Stove didn't work but maintenance was quick to fix leak and quick to bring replacement for stove

Room was very nice beautiful view and bed was very comfy front desk helped me print boarding pass looks like they in process of doing updates would stay again

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

This place is so misrepresented. It's like a haunted hotel. It appears they are trying to renovate but the mold smell stays strong. Never again. Nothing like the pictures. Parking 20. a day. weekends 25.00. most hotels on Hollywood beach have complimentary parking for guests . -2 is my rating.

Absolutely nothing.

I don't like nothing in this place. It's horrible 😝

The pictures in Booking.com does not correspond to reality. everything is horrible. The elevator no working. The pool is terrible.

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

Obviously needs to be painted, the outside needs and uplift as soon as possible.

the hotel was affordable, room very clean, and few steps to the beach!

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

The hotel needs complete renovation or to be closed permanently. Booking.com doesn't tell that the hotel is under 24 hour fire watch and failed to pass life safety inspection since June 2016. Everything is outdated, staff has bad attitude and lots of safety and cleanliness issues. Non smoking rooms smelt like cigarettes and weed.

I liked when I left the hotel.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

The couple that runs the small breakfast joint are the rudest people I ever met. They appear to be unhappy. No customer service skills at all.

The hotel was on beach and anything you need its on hotel or very close...groceries/clothes/lotions..etc. Staff was very nice.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

They need to have a restaurant that serve at least breakfast and dinner on site... So we dont have to walk out the resort to get food if we dont want to

• Standard Queen Room with Ocean View

Some things were broken and didn't seem like they were in any hurry to fix them. The safe in our room would not work, and that was certainly an inconvenience for us.

The size and view from the room.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Deluxe Studio Double: Ocean View

The place is a dump! The staff harassed us to the point of calling the police on us. When they showed up, they saw we were in the right and asked the staff not to call them again. The rooms are outdated, there was no one cleaning, the air conditioning didn't work well and when I remember anything else, I'll come back and at it. DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE AT ALL!!!!!

The location is great but everything else was HORRIBLE!!!

• Deluxe Studio Double: Ocean View

This hotel was creepy and disgusting! Nothing like what it shows online! Pick somewhere else! This hotel is not even worth 1 star!

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Deluxe Studio Double: Ocean View

I didn't like the that most of the shops in the hotel are closed,abandoned or they operate on random hours. Also the homeless people outside are not the most welcoming. Parking is way to expensive after alreadying paying to stay there you have to pay $22 for a parking spot. Which is a little ridiculous

I liked the location close proximity to the beach and boardwalk entertainment

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Ocean View

The food in the cafe was overpriced, the bldg was in disrepair, they had a fire Marshall warning (Building under 24 hr. fire watch) that some of the life safety equipment was inoperable. The rooms A/C worked extra well and couldn't be adjusted, and the room was always freezing. It was either turned on or off, the thermostat didn't work. The bathroom tub was patched. The place needs a HUGE makeover.

The location was good right on the boardwalk, the conceierge's were nice and their shuttle drivers were polite.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Ocean View

Nothing everything is looking like older very bad if I have pictures I'm put but is my mistake for not taking pictures the beach ogly and suming pool really bad conditions also is my first time the I need to pay for parking my mother says the this place is not good for staying I'm lost about $142.00 next time I'm stay in Holliday Inc or Marriot hotel that's is the best hotels in Florida.

First is nothing like I see on the picture and the bathroom very sad and is look like never clean I'm supposed get one room with two bed and this guy's put me in some room with one bed this is my first and last time

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

Det var slitet. Hade väl sina glansdagar på 50 talet. Dyrt att parkera. Det tillkom säsongsavgift på 10 dollar per dag. Varför då!

Läget vid stranden.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Ocean View

Worst choice!!! Bathroom, bedroom, lobby, roll... Everything dirty. Breakfast, does not exist... You receive a ticket to shopp at business center.. Never return.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Ocean View

Nothing in the room worked initially ie. Cooker, safe, TV. A VISIT FROM A NON ENGLISH SPEAKING MAN WHO ATTACHED THE GAS SO THAT THE COOKER WOULD WORK. WE HAD TO ENDURE THE FITMENT OF A SAFE BY TWO GUYS WHO SEEMED TO HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY WERE DOING. IT NEEDED A SUPERVISOR TO EVENTUALLY MAKE IT HAPPEN. The bathroom was a wreck with a bath that had been painted many years ago and now the paint had worn off! The corridor to our room on the 7th floor smelt of cigarettes -disgusting. The elevators were archaic. one of them was out of operation for the whole of our stay and the other made horrendous noises when the doors closed. Parking fees where very high - I think it cost us more to park than hire of the car for a week!

The bed and TV were ok. Wi-Fi worked. A nice effort to make the bed area look 'Miami' worked but then you turned around and saw the ancient kitchen apparatus with all the silverware just dumped in the bottom of the cupboard. -shame good try! The front hall ceiling decor was very retro fashionable but rendered the whole area rather dim. Nevertheless it has a certain charm.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

The hotel is extremely expensive. We payed more than 700.00 dollars for two horrible rooms for one night. It is dirty and old. It smells horrible. Staff is bad

I did not like at all. It is a terrible hotel

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

As above

Not one thing Very dirty Fire alarms going off up to 1130pm no warnings People frighten standing in hallways Extremely dated snd dirty kitchen area Bookings.com should refund my stay Tried to talk with manager staff informed me they weren't available

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• Deluxe Studio Double: City View

didn't like paying $22 for handicap parking .no ice machines and only 2 breakfast coupans per room when I booked 3 people.the staff wasn't very friendly or helpfully when we arrived and the place did have a mildew smell and I didn't get the price I was told on booking .com which was in CAD $ NOT A HAPPY CAMPER. will not go back.we left and stayed at a LA QUINTA.

the pool and being on the beach

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

Staff on arrival were rude and unhelpful, made it as difficult as they could for us. Staff the following days were awesome. Curtains were stained.

Location was perfect

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Ocean View

Hot tub advertised but never never never worked. No food or drinks available. No room service available. We deserve a refund for the items that didn't't work. Chairs at the pool were mostly all damaged. We paid way more than everyone we spoke to.

Not like a hotel as we expected. No restaurant or bar. Room was ok but that is it. Not cleaned on two different days.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

It's an old hotel w short staffed but if you go for the location and the value of it it's the best you could ask for!

I love the location of the hotel being so close to beach, boardwalk and also has swimming pool :)

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

Pool chairs area and bathrooms very old and require updating. Not enough chairs or lounges and umbrellas for the no. of people using them. A lot of the chairs etc. are broken etc.

D Bed was very comfortable. Late but dated room.

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

Rooms are ok. Water sometimes very hot only...even with only cold water tap on...had to waste water and let water run until hot water cleared pipes...odd set-up. No place in shower for soap and shampoo. In need of some touch-up where paint dripped down walls from ceiling. Neighbors above us were very loud...apparently some kids in the family.

Location...next to boardwalk and beach...restaurants nearby. Old, historic hotel. Nicely updated in hallways and common areas...maintained original charm if the hotel in its heyday. Nice having a kitchenette.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

This hotel, as it was NOT a resort in anyway, was old, out dated, dirty, and smelled terrible. The rooms shown on the website were not the ones provided to us as a guest. I felt cheated and lied to. Most everything in the lobby/on the grounds was broken, dirty, and in disarray. The entire property stunk of dirt, smoke, and mold. The bed was small and cramped and the springs dug into our backs all night. The sheets were coarse and had a funny smell. The bathroom light only worked when it wanted to and the shower was so dirty that I showered in my socks. The water in the shower was either scalding or freezing with no in between. The A/C unit provided was a plug in deal that was very loud and made it difficult to sleep. Only one elevator worked out of the three available. It stopped at every floor and twice it closed its doors and did not move for 5 minutes in either direction. When the doors closed they slammed so hard that anybody what may have got in the way would likely have been decapitated. There was constant banging and slamming of doors that never stopped and could be heard all night even over the loud roar of the A/C unit. When I asked the girl at the front desk if there were two different hotels as I was confused on the difference between the room I viewed online and the appearance of the one provided to us, she gave a confusing answer. What I took away from her response is that a few rooms in this hotel have been renovated and are showcased on a website with the name "Hollywood Beach Resort Cruiseport" , where as the rest of the rooms were part of the "Historic Hollywood Beach Resort". She informed me that they have some updated rooms but not enough to accommodate everybody. I feel that this was huge bait a switch move and I have never been more disappointed in a hotel stay. Furthermore, if this is how Booking.

Nothing about this place was worth the money I spent. It was a complete disappointment and terrible ending to my vacation. I will not be recommending this place to anybody I know including my worst enemy. I am beyond disappointed.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Ocean View

Air was a unit in the room and vented thru the curtains to a hole where a window pane had been. NOISY!

Outside of resort is great, stores in adjoining mall was nice. Beach access was great location was great.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

The bed wasn't comfortable. The staff was helpful, but not friendly. It was comfortless to ask something from them. The hotel needs a renovation!

Good location! The hotel is on the beach and there are some shops and restaurants too!

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

No booking when we arrived, staff were unhelpful and unreasonable, we had a printed booking.com confirmation and they would not scan it but insisted we had to email it so I took photos of it on my phone and sent it to them, it took over an hour for us to be booked in. The room had ?cream down the curtains in the bedroom :(

Comfy bed

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

Every thing! Also the housekeeper are talking too loud in the hallway.. we dont feel safe on this hotel cant wait to check out..pictures on web are not real very deceiving This lools like an old condominium turn into hotel, carpet is smelly the whole place is stink.. portable aircon is noisy bed very uncomfortable squeaking noise..we have to buy candle just to get rid of the bad odor but it didn't help

Location only, close to the beach and shops

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

Hotel was very old and everything was outdated. The bathroom ceiling was falling apart, the thermostat most definitely did not control the temperature and it was stuck at 61 degrees.

The property was on the beach in a good location

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

I was not given the room I was promised I was told I would have a Queen studio and ended up with the room with two beds when I told the front desk about it the lady was very nasty and gave me attitude will never return to this hotel

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

Hotel was old and dingy it is reminiscent of an old 1980's horror movie. Bathroom was dirty, bed and furniture was 1980's Formica all that was missing was the neon lighting and heart shaped bathtub. The air conditioner was a portable window unit.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Ocean View

Entire hotel is very old and rundown. Carpet is room was worn and had paint stains. Shower was unusable. We arrived at 1am, stayed 1 night and moved to another hotel for the rest of our stay.

Location - on beach but at end of strip

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

the hotel is old and run down. The pictures look nothing like the ad. Parking was a nightmare. We spent $55.00 in parking for two days of stay. No free coffee, no continental breakfast. The rooms were very moist and uncomfortable. The hotel had a mildew smell. Elevators were scary and old. It took an act of congress to get face clothes and other items. They guard the carts to carry luggage with their lives. Then, they have the nerve to charge $10.00 a day for resort fees, FOR WHAT? I have never stayed at a resort like this before in my life and I am 55 years old.

I absolutely did not like anything about this stay at this resort. Everything was wrong!! I was so glad when it was time to go home!!! disaster!!!

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Ocean View

The room was outdated and falling apart. The ceiling in the bathroom looks like it had fallen and they screwed it back up. Smelled like mold when you walked into the hotel. The landscaping was very nice.

I loved that it was right on the beach.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• Deluxe Studio Double: City View

smells bad, very old, not clean, too expensive for this kind of hotel, poor breakfast. We just stayed one night and then moved to another hotel.

nothing was good.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

The place needs a facelift. Staff might have been overworked for they were slow when there was a line of customers.

Nice location, good room, good pool, and a nice hot tub.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

There was only a public parking costing 18$ The access was difficult whithout any help, not even a carriage The shawer head was obtructed to give a reduced output

The location near the beach

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• Deluxe Studio Double: Ocean View

The decor, hallway carpets were dated;elevators were slow; no free parking for guests. "Ocean view" was across a dirty rooftop.

Great beachfront location on the boardwalk area. Room was soacious and had a full kitchette. Staff was friendly, courteous, and helpful

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Deluxe Studio Double: Ocean View

The staff, initially they told me that my reservation was cancelled because there wasn't a credit card on my file! That is not acceptable, then the breakfast service was only for two of us but the reservation was for four!! So the other 2 need to pay for that meal. This wasn't espacified on the reservation! In general the attention was awful!!

The only thing I can say here us the location

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

This is a 1925 building, awaiting for a large investor to make it shine again. In general everything is old and smells bad. Pool was cold as heating system was down for a longer period of time no update on when this should be fixed. Seems you have now a large variety of people living in the apartment, do not see this location as a full service hotel.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

The hotel is old, dated and falling apart. The hallways and room smell of smoke and weren't very clean in particular, the bathroom was dirty with mound and grime everywhere and the floors of the room were greasy and unwashed. The decor has a little identity crisis with a mix of different era's and just looks a mess. The hotel is one of the oldest on the beach and it's a real shame they don't invest in making this a great hotel because the location and pool are wonderful but within my stay I just wanted to spend little time inside the hotel which is a real shame. The only thing going for it is the beds in the room were relevantly comfortable but just wasn't the hotel I thought I booked.

The location of the hotel is right by beautiful Hollywood beach and close to the cruise port and key Resturants in the area.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Run of the house Non-Refundable

Does not provide car parking.... at least a discount on the nearby parking lot..., neither alternative for breakfast / room service...

The location, close to the beach

Browse Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port traveller photo gallery