Reviews of Omni San Antonio Hotel At The Colonnade 4 stars

9821 Colonnade Boulevard, San Antonio, TX 78230, USA

#82 of 301 hotels in San Antonio

Not worth the price.
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

The room was smaller than I had hoped. The bathroom was small. No towel racks, toilet was low to the ground. the hair dryer was hung on a the door hinge. The restaurants did not appear appealing. The incidental fee of 50 dollars each night was not indicated on the booking website. In total I spent almost 400 dollars for a Hotel that was not up to par. NOTE- The incidental fee was a "hold" on the card that was released upon check out. There was no "fridge" only the mini bar fridge which you needed a key to access. Not a good deal when you have people who take medicine that need to be refrigerated. When I checked in, they gave me a room that faced a concrete wall, the mini fridge was open and empty, I had to go downstairs to tell the manager. I asked to be moved to a different floor, and that was granted. There was no cleaning room service when we left the note out to come clean the room. 1 small trash bin, the odor of "febreeze" in the elevator was quite heavy. Not worth the price. Thin walls you could hear foul language and crying children all night long.

The Pool, the work out room and the sauna were very nice. The entry way of the Hotel was also nice.

smiling, friendly staff made the stay nice.
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

No small frig or microwave. We had 2 people in the room and glasses, towels accommodated one person. The room was a little small and closterpopic

The staff were very friendly and accommodating.

Keep up the outstanding personnel and accomodations.

Maybe softer mattress/padding.

Hotel staff were most accommodating and went out of their way to take us to airport and dinner and pick us up. This is exceptional!

This hotel was not worth spending my money on, because you’re not getting your money’s worth.
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

I certainly did not like how dirty the room was. They restroom was dirty, the hand soap that was left for us was just and empty box with nothing inside. The shower faucet, and shower head were barely functional. The tv barely worked half of the time, with very bad signal. The room was very small, and I had booked deluxe room. That room did not seem deluxe to me, and not to mention the pool, which was very dirty, and smelled an awful lot like bleach.

What I liked most was the easy check in and check out. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Great stay

Have no complaints

The room was very spacious and beautiful. We liked the hotel a lot. The staff was very friendly and it was close by my favorite restaurant (Pappasito's Cantina).

For the price, you could be closer to the places you want visit and be more comfortable.
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

The room was very dated and was not clean

This hotel is very out dated. Being an Omni hotel a customer expects a certain level of class that this facility fails to provide.The room is much to small and so were the beds. The carpet look filthy I don't believe the rooms are cleaned properly. I don't think they ever cleaned the hallways the entire stay.

I was mistakenly told that this location had covered parking.
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

A little too close to interstate I-10, noisy.

I was mistakenly told that this location had covered parking. This is very important to me in my travel.

• Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

The outdoor pool was nice and warm. I had a great swim. Bellman was very helpful when we were sent to a room that was still occupied. He immediately found a solution for us.

Way too over priced, little value for the money, not very happy.
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

Dirty, no refrigerators, no microwaves, no free WiFi, not a very customer friendly situation. I was not impressed. The bar area is strange children's table height and if you sit on the couches provided they are disgusting and NEED professional cleaning.

Pool

We really enjoyed that we had the option of the inside and...
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

My mattress was so uncomfortable. I left with a sore back and didn't get much sleep at all.

We really enjoyed that we had the option of the inside and outside pool.

I will not return....bedbugs!
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Bedbugs!! My daughters brought their personal cuddle blankets. My oldest slept on the sofa, when we got home both blankets and our luggage were filled with bedbugs that night we went to unpack. Fortunately we were able to rid some of the items and the bags. However in the middle of the night my daughter was attacked in her sleep by bedbugs. So now we are going through the entire process of getting rid of them (which is a headache). Also it would have been nice to know they offered breakfast buffet. We spent almost $70 in breakfast for myself and two young daughters.

Very friendly staff

Excellent place to stay!

No free WiFi or breakfast

Rooms were huge, everything way nicer than I thought would be, price was very good for such a nice hotel. Very friendly staff!

Disappointed.
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

Entering/exiting the hotel is a death-defying experience. Walls of room are paper thin. Food quality did NOT match price. Rooms are poorly lit.

Staff was amazing. Nice view from room.

The condition of the hotel is lacking.
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

This is a very tired hotel that needs refurbishment ASAP. The condition is disconcerting as a guest.

Staff was efficient and friendly. Piano player in lobby when we arrived.

It was a wonderful experience.
    • Premier Room - 1 King Bed

There's no issue to complain about.

The room was very beautiful and the size of the room was great. The bed was comfy and the linens and towels clean. Love the staff. Made every interactment a joy.

I liked the fact there was a massage therapist on site.
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

The lobby was so cold, it made me feel like I was in a refrigerator. In addition, the room had to be turned up to 78 in order to be comfortable. I know San Antonio had a bad cold snap while I was there but that was nuts. I felt bad for the front desk staff who had to wear coats and stand next to space heaters.

I liked the fact there was a massage therapist on site. it really helped with my muscle pain.

This was a brief but pleasant stay.
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

I was there for a gala being presented by the nonprofit I work for, so decided to stay the night since I was going to be there until almost midnight. The bed was very comfortable. I loved the oversize cushion type pillow they added to the bed; they were great for propping up my feet in bed. Although I didn't need it, my room had a good-sized closet. The TV was large. The shower had high water pressure.

Overall we had a wonderful experience!
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

The indoor pool was very cold and we couldn’t figure out how to control the temperature.

The staff was very accommodating! The room was very nice and elegant. It was very comfortable. We would definitely stay here again!

It was very enjoyable
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Only thing that I didn't like was no complimentary breAkfast, room had no refrigerator or microwave

Loved the room, very spacious and clean. Beautiful hotel with a friendly staff.

Outstanding
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

I Love The Staff They Was Wonderful They Made Sure That Mr And My Mom Was On The Same Floor Right Next Door To Each Other It Was Very Clean And The Bed Was Wonderful Pillows To Die For Good Great Workout Room Excellent Everything Was Grande Will Be Staying There Again Next I'm In San Antonio

There is a nice restaurant called Bolos at the hotel's...
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

The rooms are a bit small for my taste, but the beds are really comfy. I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel for the price. It was well worth the value for the money you pay to stay at a more upscaled hotel.

There is a nice restaurant called Bolos at the hotel's lobby. The food was delicious and they have a great menu selection. Also, the pool area was beautiful and there was plenty of free parking at the hotel.

The property was pretty nice. There pool was nice and clean. They had a bar by the pool. Expensive.
    • Premier Room - 1 King Bed

Booking. Com was where I was frustrated. I needed to cancel night 2 because family emergency and had toi fly out a day early. The hotel said no problem but since I booked through a 3rd party (booking.com) will be charging my card either way.

Location was great Booking. Com however another story they sucked.

Amazing hotel. A must choice.
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

There wasn't anything that was dislikable

The staff very friendly and knowledgeable, rooms were clean and very comfortable.overall hotel was amazing

You will thank me!
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

I was completely happy. My girls asked if we would stay there everyone we visit San Antonio.

The hotel is very nice. The rooms are spacious and the bed is very comfortable. I typically dread hotel beds because I have had a couple back surgeries and hotel beds usually leave me waking in pain. Not here! Slept great and woke virtually pain free. The staff has been amazing. There is not a single individual that stood out that deserves special recognition because every staff member I interacted with demonstrated excellent customer service skills. That's rare anymore unfortunately

My stay at the Omni Hotel
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

Room service was really expensive... I would recommend you eating out somewhere else & not ordering from there. Plus food wasn't all that, not worth the money.

the room was big enough for all 4 of us, beds were extra comfortable!

I would stay in this hotel for my next anniversary!!
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Nothing everyone was excelente and like all ways! And this is my second time staying in this hotel!

The room it clean, the staff very helpful and everything is excelente!!

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Not worth what they charging.. just because of name
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

For all the money i paid no refrigerator or microwave in rooms. No complimentary breakfast and my shower was full of hair upon arrival..had to call rm service

Pool, gym and sauna appeared nice

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Nice Hotel
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

The bathroom needs an update and water pressure was not good. Too far from airport and the road to get off on to reach hotel is dangerous because cars are still coming as you are trying to turn into hotel.

The room was great and the service was excellent!

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Expected a little nicer for Omni chain; Decent but old property.
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

We were given an adjoining room which made the walls seem less thick. Were able to hear next door neighbors hacking or coughing. It was gross.

I liked the friendliness of the staff to help out. I liked the heated pools and walk up coffee/pastry window.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Great location with friendly staff
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Upkeep of my room could've been better. Door missing off the closet. Some maintenance needed done in my room. For the price I thought it should've been a little more on point.

Great location. Friendly helpful staff. Nice pools both indoor and outdoor.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

I had trouble finding the entrance coming off the interstate...
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

I had trouble finding the entrance coming off the interstate ramp cause it's a sharp right after the ramp and oncoming traffic made it hard to access

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

This hotel is very kid friendly!
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

This hotel is very kid friendly! Kids received a backpack when they arrived, free breakfast buffet, and hotel had an indoor pool! Will definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Good service ; rooms very dirty
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

My room was very dirty, including the bathtub. My night stand lamp wasnt properly working so I had to unplug it manually to turn it off. Moving the furniture was trully disgussting, clearly they havent cleaned it in a while. Also under the bed you could see remains of other guests.

The staff was really helpfull and nice.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Omni surprise
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

Super old everything in this hotel is just not Omni ! It's some crappy old style , minimal things such as make up remover is not available in the rooms, shower slippers are not available , towel had stains

Just the place

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Booking save my family!
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Bed is super comfy. Staff was helpful. Not near downtown but in a convenient location. Lots of stores and restaurants. Decor a little outdated but amenities were nice. No garden tub.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Hotel stay 11/2016
    • Premier Room - 1 King Bed

At one point we had some "neighbors" making a lot of noise all night long, even into the morning hours... 😳 The hotel compensated us with breakfast room service. That was nice!!!

Everything was perfect!!!

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Pool area was nice.
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

Hotel does not have free wifi (which should be the norm by now) or refrigerator in rooms. Staying multiple nights, housekeeping didn't clean very well or vacuum.

Pool area was nice.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Highly recommend
    • Premier Room - 1 King Bed

-Walls are slightly echoey. Could hear babies crying at all hours of the night. -not all Omni rooms have DVD players. The one in Austin did. Weird.

-extremely friendly and welcoming staff, they hold doors for you -there's always lots of parking spots to choose from -separate area with a tv and couch -room was overall clean looking -always a pleasant stay at any Omni I've been to so far

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Their staff was very kind and helpful with whatever question...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The floor does look a little outdated and the curtains in the rooms.

Their staff was very kind and helpful with whatever question we had. Very elegant the lobby we had the king bed and very roomy. Our friends had 2 queen in their room and very cozy for them as well.I made the reservations last minute and when we arrived, greeted by James (I think that was his name) Greeted us very kindly and made it possible for us to have our rooms close together! I didnt have to ask he offered it.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Greatest hotel

We have no complaints.

The greatest thing my husband and u loved was the bed. It felt so amazing. So comfortable. We didnt even want to get out of bed in the morning. We will definitely be staying again some time. Our children loved the pool.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

perfect luxury getaway
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

bed was very comfortable, furnishings were high quality and felt luxurious. layout of the mini-suite was ideal for relaxing, feeling of spaciousness while also feeling cozy.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Keep looking.
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

Mold in the shower, nasty on the floor, 2 inch dust on the furniture. Have pictures of you would like. Book a refrigerator and microwave room had neither even after I had confirmed with the hotel at 10:00 AM Friday morning. Wifi was to be included, however I had to pay $9.99 and if you want to eat at the hotel $19.00 for breakfast plate. At 7:55PM ran downstairs to the gift shop, for the attendant to quickly meet me and my family at the door to reply, we close at 8:00, if my children would not have been with me, I would have said, well 5 minutes to go. Being pleasant is one way but flat out rude, I am sorry that she thought my family time or money had no value for her. 12th floor has a many dust bunny families residing in the head boards, desk, night stand. Over priced, over rated.

Bed fluffy

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

My wife and I loved everything about the omni hotel there...
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

My wife and I loved everything about the omni hotel there was absolutely nothing to complain about everything was perfect. Our honey moon turned out to be just how we wanted it to be. Breakfast was great and we just loved it. I totally recommend this place for every traveler. For our first anaversery might go back and spend it there.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Decent stay.
    • Premier Room - 1 King Bed

It would get randomly really hot in the room even when the a/c was on high, we thought it was because of the light coming in so we closed the blinds for a couple of hours and still very hot. It got cool again and felt nice but then did the same thing at night when we were sleeping, it got really hot AGAIN. Everything is really expensive as expected. Room had no microwave or fridge besides the mini fridge with over priced things inside, you had no room to put any thing of your own inside.

Bed was really comfortable bathroom was very nice and nice view

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Omni Hotels: Exceeding expectations one indulgence at a time!
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

The fan motor in the A/C unit was making noises. I meant to inform the front desk but forgot. However, the cleaning crew should be on the lookout for these types of items. If they don't the ultimate repair bill will be much more.

I literally just transferred from down the street where I was staying at an Embassy Suites that was under MAJOR renovation, which they didn't inform guests about in advance of showing up. So the Omni, which is also a brand choice of mine, seemed like a 5 star resort in comparison. Would have taken some effort to not please me for one night.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Would I be back? I don't know
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

It could've been a little cleaner and. The night of there was back drainage in our sick so it left our sink really disgusting...

The staff was really nice and helpful.

helping for better hotel
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

like to see cleaner pools not water I mean the pools . we like the pools and sanna

clean rooms the serves cafe the shop

We love the staff there - delightful
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

The water from the shower does not drain. Second time that has happened Coffee pot in room wasn’t working

Beds comfortable

not happy

there was odd smell

The staff and the manager was really helpful

The staff and the manager was really helpful

room was really hot even though we set the AC to 60

room was really hot even though we set the AC to 60

• Premier Room - 1 King Bed

The hot tub was amazing, and the room was very comfortable.
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

Price of the food was too expensive, had to go offsite to eat.

The hot tub was amazing, and the room was very comfortable.

Would stay here again
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

No complimentary breakfast and restaurant seemed a little pricey for breakfast.

Centrally located.

Wanderful

Everything was perfect.

Not much to see or do nearby.
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Not much to see or do nearby.

Comfortable

Cost of breakfast

Bed

Kids loved it

More should be included in the price you pay.

Kids loved it

Beautiful pools to enjoy inside and outside.
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

Quick ride to the airport, good restaurants close by, and the pools were amazing.

The bed was so comfy !
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

The bed was so comfy ! I slept like a baby

Staff were great along with the property

Staff were great along with the property

Happy birthday to me

Bathrooms too small

Everything was fantastic.

Rooms were neat and clean!
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

Rooms were neat and clean! Staff was superb!

Very nice hotel and comfortable bed and pillows.
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Everything! Espeacilly the staff!

The Staff was very helpful and friendly!
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

The Staff was very helpful and friendly! Very welcoming!

The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable.
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable.

Don’t go during spring break.
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

Way too crowded. Too many children at pool both indoor and out and hot tub made them waaay too crowded to use.

Staff was nice.

There is no refrigerator or microwave available in the room...
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

There is no refrigerator or microwave available in the room which can be inconvenient.

Great hotel with friendly staff

Overpriced drinks

great breakfeast buffett

Never will go back

Rude staff

I had someone call me about smoke smell and no one smokes in my family he said they would charge me a 250 fee

Excellent staff all the way!
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Excellent staff all the way!From the front desk to the cafe,Everyone!

Close to alot of stuff
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

For the price of the rooms they were small

Close to alot of stuff

Cleaniness

How clean it is

I WILL BE RETURNING VERY SOON

It was perfect 👌🏾

The room was absolutely amazing, the bed was perfect!!! The view was beautiful!!! Everything was wonderful

Location is good when I am doing business in North part of...
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Location is good when I am doing business in North part of the county