Reviews of Renaissance Philadelphia Downtown Hotel 4 stars

401 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106, USA

#27 of 79 hotels in Philadelphia

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

An unhappy experience. The worst hotel in our 2300 mile, two week road trip.
    • King Room with Park View

The dark décor. One review I read described the room as " a bit dark ". You can't get darker than black paint on the walls and inadequate lighting in the room and lobby! The noise. The volume of the "music" (loud noise} in the bar/lobby that was cranked up at around 5.30pm with disregard to the hotel guests. The hotel brand is certainly not inclusive to all age groups. It appears to be targeting the 25 to 45 year old age bracket. The lack of parking adjacent to the hotel.

Nothing. Not my type of hotel. A great disappointment. The info on the internet does not adequately describe the hotel

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

More positives than negatives. Location and staff were great. Would here stay again.
    • King Room with Park View

Our room was extremely dark. The primary room colors are very dark and there were simply not enough lights. OK in the day when we could open the curtains but at night it was almost like living in a cave. My wife also didn't like that there was no magnifying mirror in the bathroom she could use to apply makeup. The closet was very small and there was only one drawer in the entire room causing us to live out of our suitcases.

Very clean hotel and really large rooms. Nice bar and restaurant. Staff went out of their way to make sure our stay was enjoyable. Location is what sold us on this hotel. Just minutes walking distance to all the famous Philly sites. Loved the in-room coffee machine. Very nice view of the city.

The art was good but the funcionality was poor

The lighting in the room was poor. The switches on the light fixtures were extremely hard to locate, especially the floor lamp. The thermostat control buttons required excessive pressure to operate. There was no place to sit in front of the TV.

The location is exceptional for historic sites in...
    • King Room with Park View

There are no mini-refrigerators provided in any rooms, which seemed odd. Also, our floor had no ice machine. We were advised that only certain floors had ice, so we had to go to a different floor just for ice, which we wanted because there are no refrigerators. A bit inconvenient.

The location is exceptional for historic sites in Philadelphia.

A perfect, relaxing stay perfectly located in historic Philly.

Leaving.

I loved everything about this property. It's been recently renovated and has a very hip feel to it. It's located steps away from the all the historical sights. Valet parking is mandatory (I think cost $40?) but it really is the best way to go in a crazy city like Philadelphia. Customer service was friendly and willing to answer questions. Our room was also very clean! I booked this hotel several times in the months leading up to our trip and saved $130 because I price watched.

Location, location, location

Nothing. Everything was great!

It was within minutes to walk to the Constitution Center, Revolutionary War Museum, Liberty Bell, Constitution Hall, etc... It is also close to local restaurants

I loved the location, near all the historical sites we went...

I wish the room had a small refrigerator.

I loved the location, near all the historical sites we went to see. The bed was firm and comfortable. The shower was excellent.

Perfect Location.

The location was perfect! Walking distance to a good majority of Historic Sites and the Liberty Visitors Center where you can purchase tickets for buses and museums. Hop-on-Hop-off buses start their routes nearby!

Spacious Rooms.

Very nice hotel, close to historical attractions, very roomy...

Very nice hotel, close to historical attractions, very roomy, sad to say pool was closed due to wet paint we were told. Other than that a pleasant experience.

First Visit to Philly

We had 6 kids with us and was told the pool would be open by the 3rd (it was 105 outside so a pool was needed), I left on the 6th and the pool still wasn’t open.

Perfect location to walk to everything you want to see, very safe.

great Phily experience!

can't think of anything.

We were two families with 3 children 7-9 years. The staff very very welcoming and engaging: very helpful on what to do, attentive. The location is right across from all of the key museums and is within walking distance to the waterfront. We parked our car at the hotel for 5 days and explored the city by foot. Would come back to the hotel if needed a break. This hotel really made enhanced our Phily experience and made it easy in terms of logistics.

Very nice, close to everything!

The pool and hot tub was shut down. The main reason I booked this hotel. Was for the pool and hot tub! They offered there sister hotel to swim at which was supposedly 2 blocks over. But it was over a 8 min walk. And in the heat it was horrible, there pool was dirty there. And no hot tub!

Very nice, close to everything!

I had to wa air 5 hours for my room to be ready.

I had to wa air 5 hours for my room to be ready. And I only got my room because I went to the front desk to ask if it was ready. We were exhausted from traveling and we just wanted to go to our room.

Wedding in the hotel caused shortage of valets, noise,crowding, etc.
    • King Room with Park View

I was told my rate was a special discounted rate of $ 260, however I was charged $ 350. Reason was that I had to change date for a week later than originally planned due to family sickness. I did not see notification regarding this; maybe ultra small print from you. If so I would never have reserved at that rate. Very disturbing. I will not use your service again ! Only one person at the checkin counter is ridiculous !

Shower was very nice. TV was good and large

Style of hotel was very modern and had a great location.
    • King Room with Park View

Booked a room with a view of the park, technically is was if you looked around the building in front of you there was a sliver of the park if you leaned to the side of the window. Checkout price was more than booking.com price.

Style of hotel was very modern and had a great location.

good but could be better
    • King Room with Park View

The room lighting is extremely poor. I enjoy reading at night as a means of relaxation. Could not read in my room due to the poor light condition. A major disappointment.

Staff was exceptionally friendly

Location, location, location
    • King Room with Park View

Did not expect the lobby and check in desk to be gone and replaced with a graffiti covered closet! The "French" restaurant was weak. French onion soup burned.

Gin at check in is always tremendous

We were attending a medical conference at CHOP and the lobby was great to relax in after a busy day.

Mixed drinks in bar weren't the best. The bar staff was great but the drinks could improve. Not balanced properly. We wished the room had a frig to store our cheese, wine etc. Room was too warm, we set the thermostat for 66 and it was 73 most of the time.

The lobby was comfy and the staff were wonderful. Location fantastic.

Clean room.
    • King Room with Park View

1. Window was broken. Strong wind opened the window, so I should close the window on all such occasions. 2. I booked this hotel by booking.com. But, the front desk couldn't confirm my reservation. I had no choice but to wait for 3 hours until booking confirmation.

Clean room. Located nearby "Liberty Bell".

Staff where great, but rooms are a bit broke.
    • King Room with Park View

The site showed the hot tub was available. It wasn’t. The switch to turn on our lights was broken so we where stumbling in the dark to try find lamps to use. When we tried to phone reception the phone would not connect. We were looking forward to the hot tub and being able to use our room 607 with ease. (Like turning on a light and not tripping over yourself or banging into the desk)

The staff and location are exceptional

I hope when I return to phili and stop in your hotel there is no eminence of graffiti

Walking into the hotel and seeing graffiti...disturbing. made my teenage kids feel uncomfortable and I'm not happy spending money on a safe comfortable place that looks like it supports ghetto mentality. It's a block from Independence hall...have some integrity

Staff was great, location great, rooms great

Loved it. Best hotel right in the heart of it all!
    • King Room with Park View

The only reason facilities did not get a full 5 stars is because the hotel was in the final phases of renovation. That said they were extremely considerate about when they began construction noise in the morning and extremely tidy. Other reason for lack of full starring, is that the bedroom area is WAY to dark without ability to turn on enough lighting to correct it. Bathroom nice and extremely bright. Odd.

This hotel is awesome. It is going “funky”, which is cool and interesting. The staff was pretty amazing.

brief, acceptable over priced for the lack of service available
    • King Room with Park View

It was very difficult to get food or drinks on site. It took us two hours to get a bottle of champagne delivered to the room. Food service was available for very limited hours. The restaurant was really just a lobby. A wedding reception over ran the facility and closed the restaurant for breakfast.

The valet service exceeded expectations. View from room was exceptional. The recently remodeled facilities were clean and appealing.

Great hotel in a fantastic location
    • King Room with Park View

This is a minor quibble, but the menus in the hotel rooms include an overnight room service section. However, when I called at around 11 p.m. to order food, I was told that the kitchen closes at 11 p.m. Luckily, the chef hadn't left yet and agreed to prepare my order, but the menus in the rooms need to be updated if overnight dining is no longer an option.

Staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. Valet parking is convenient. Rooms are clean, and bed is comfortable. Despite being located in a city, my room was quiet at night, and I had no trouble falling asleep. Food from restaurant/bar in hotel was very good. I had an interview just across state lines in New Jersey, and it is very easy to access the highway from this hotel.

Best location in Philadelphia.
    • King Room with Park View

Remodeling. Did not expect modern decor at The Frankin.

Best location in Philadelphia. Staff extremely friendly, courteous. They more than made up for any minor issues during our stay.

Good location, dismal disjointed renovation .. very unhappy with entire experience.
    • King Room with Park View

Renovation has transformed a formerly lovely property in a great location into a hotel totally lacking by in comfort.. terrible lighting, dark and sterile spaces. Would never return!

We had a good stay. It could have been better. Clean better.

Cleaned better!!!!!!!!!!!

bed was comfortable. Need NEW PILOWS not good. The room was nice . The cleanliness of the room was not up to my expectations and I told the desk that. Dusty I am allergic to dust. The phone in the room was filthy I did not even want to touch it. Don't know when that was cleaned. Friendly staff. good location. but clean place is very important to me. it did not meet my expectation

Large rooms and great location, just under renovations.
    • King Room with Park View

They are currently in renovations and they were working on the room above us with buzzsaws and hammers beginning before 8:00am. It would of been nice if we had a heads up or if they could of held off a little long before we had to be woken up.

The hotel is beautiful and you can’t beat the location! You can hit all the major spots by walking. The staff is nice and the rooms were clean and bigger than I expected. Also, the water pressure was fantastic when you want that warm shower in the cold mornings.

Building work destroys facilities
    • King Room with Park View

The work that was going on refurbishing the hotel and lack of restaurant and full bar facilities. Cost of staying was ridiculous for lack of facilities. Not happy at all.

Central location

Location,large rooms,comfortable beds.

Hotel is under construction..was not aware of this when booked..hotel claimed its booking responsibility to place under construction.,I did not see it on site. Most noise came from entrance but had some repair done in room next to mine. All day starting at 8am. Also decorating in room very nice but poor lighting. Plumbing ran very slow.toilet and sink/shower drains. 11th floor view of the city spectacular...staff was very helpful and friendly. The renovations after completion will make this hotel a place to stay...I'll come back

Location,large rooms,comfortable beds.

Great location. Not a “luxe” hotel.

We couldn’t find a light switch for the room. There wasn’t one. You had to cross the room in the dark to turn on each of the lamps. It is under construction. The lobby is horrible and changing for the worse. Trying to look modern and hip. When finished you will walk into what looks like a bar and then find your way around the corner to the front desk- if that remains the front desk. Does not look “Luxe” at all.

The location was perfect. The staff friendly. And the room was clean.

Horrible. Impossible to conduct business there as anticipated.

The hotel is all under construction..!! There is no lobby... Just black curtains. There is a makeshift restaurant on the second floor. Drilling and jack-hammering begins at 8am and ends after 4pm... !! This is in the lobby and various floors of the hotel. It's a joke. I arrived very late and it was too late to secure another hotel. The room I received was recently renovated, but had no decorations... This was not listed on the Booking.com site.

The Location.

Great location, with a few issues

Door to the room did not swing closed securely - had to give it an extra pull to latch (security issue) Lobby under construction - understandable, but elevators to lobby are slow. Sink in bathroom would not drain. Room quite dim.

Great location and friendly staff Easy self-parking in a ramp next door. Large room and great view.

The entire hotel was under construction.

The entire hotel was under construction. We were not informed until we arrived there. There was no lobby no restaurant no bar. We had planned on staying there and not leaving for the weekend. No pool. Everything was dusty noisy. Steps were not available to use in case of emergency. Only one elevator. I will never use this site again for any travel arrangements

Uncomfortable and unbearable noise.

I didn’t like that the hotel was under construction and we had no idea when we checked in. It looked like the hotel was condemned. I had to call to make sure it was still open. Also didn’t like being woken up at 630 in the morning with construction noise. To the point you couldn’t hear the person talking right next to you.

Not much

Never again!
    • King Room with Park View

Under MAJOR reconstruction. Jackhammers all day. Dining room cold and noisy. Little closet space, no refrigerator, minimum lighting in room, one hook in bathroom, towel bar IN shower,

Location, attractive room

Booking.com did not inform us that the Hotel was under major renovation. You owe us a refund.
    • King Room with Park View

The fact that the hotel was undergoing major renovation and looked closed from the street. There was no restaurant and bar. A makeshift bar and limited menu did not justify the room rate.

The staff was great in challenging circumstances.

Uncomfortable stay in freezing Philadelphia

The hotel was under construction works. The room was cold, the fan for the heating is so loud you need to chose between the fan and sleeping. The bathtub is under poor conditions and looked old and shabby. At 350 $/night you would at least expect a bottle of water in the room. The internet downloads at 36 kb. The receptionist didn't really seem to care when I expressed my dissatisfaction. I did get a 25$ discount. Breakfast is average. I am a women traveller and I felt insecure, there was nobody at the ground floor and it was even difficult to find the button for the elevator that was behing a plastic sheet.

Good

The hotel is being renovated, which made using the elevators a bit annoying (only one went to street level). The lobby and restaurant are being renovated, but I hope they renovate the rooms as well. While they look nice on the surface, the bathroom tub spigot leaked into the tub, the tub had been patched, the windows really leak the cold air, and the walls are pretty thin.

The location is excellent, especially if you're visiting Old City.

After renovation, it may be nice - but only adequate right now.

The room was dismal, dark, and depressing. A long curtain hid the one very small window that overlooked a concrete box alley and a long expanse of empty wall.

The location.

The hotel is under major construction, there wasn't even...

The hotel is under major construction, there wasn't even a lobby. the tubs are old and bathrroms. It wasn't horrible but why stay at a place that totally being redone, wait until its updated!

The location is great right next to Independence hall and...

Breakfast was not so great, better to just go out because there are many restaurants close by. There was construction in the lobby but this couldn't be helped I suppose.

The location is great right next to Independence hall and close to many sights. The room was very spacious.

It was just ok

The tub was filthy like it hadn't been scrubbed and the water went down the drain slowly as well as the bathroom sink. We found some raisins in the carpet and neither of us had raisins. My friend and and as well as my goddaughter used to stay at this hotel when it was called the Omni Hotel....and it was wonderful! Now, for the past 2 or 3 years, we can certainly tell the difference. But the staff there is wonderful!

The different restaurants and museums within walking distance

Excellent Location and Staff make for a great night's stay.
    • King Room with Park View

Doublecheck prior to checking in, what your room is going to have or not. Booking.com said Room with Park View. That can mean a lot of things. When we checked in, we were give a Room with a View. View of a office building with just a slice of the park if I put my head up to the window. Thankfully Gerrell at the front desk explained the difference between what Booking.com says and what actually happens. He did upgrade our room view and give us free breakfasts. All in all, it worked out, but check before you go if the view is important to you.

The room extremely comfortable with loads of amenities. The staff was excellent. Spot on with service, greetings and problem solving. Hotel is right on Independence Hall National Park, so very interesting to tour as well as having green space just outside the hotel.

Excellent food and room service.

Excellent food and room service. Very accommodating staff were friendly and helpful. History is all around this pet friendly hotel. Independence hall and the Liberty bell are on the adjacent block. Portrait gallery is across the street and The Museum of the American Revolution is a block away. The hotel was under renovations which promises to make this an even better experience for our future return.

I would not recommend this property.
    • King Room with Park View

The actual property looks nothing like the pictures; and, they are renovating due to a problem with rats. There were stains on the sofa, comforter, and regular pillow cases on the pillows with no case covers to protect the pillow for sanitary reasons. There were used towels that were re-folded and stocked for use. For the amount of the stay, I would have expected at least 4 star service. This trip was for our 3 year anniversary and I was really disappointed!

Location was excellent

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Fabulous at The Franklin!

We stayed here for 1 night while driving home to NC from NY. This is a beautiful hotel in an historic location and historic building. The service was great - from the bellman to the check-in agent. We were in room 410 - a corner room that was quiet and larger than expected, and it faced Chestnut Street. The room was clean and the bathroom was spotless. The location of the hotel is phenomenal - literally steps from Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, and great restaurants. Wi-fi in the room was strong and unencumbered. We would definitely stay here again.

Perfect for a Philadelphia Experience

Great location for seeing all the historical sites Philly has to offer. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very accommodating. Couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Ok but not great
    • King Room with Park View

The room and interior of the hotel needs a major update. I enjoy seeing a hotel with a historic look and feel but this look and feel needs improvements. Wall paper was peeling and the decor was bad.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

4th of July visit at the Franklin

Upon arrival when checking in, the rooms were across from one another which is a plus but the room that my husband's son and his family were to occupy still had people in there. That was resolved rather quickly. They were given another room on the 4th floor-not as convenient but still satisfactory. My husband's grandchild was sitting in the lounge with us when she felt something hurting the back of her leg. When she got up we saw that there was a piece of glass stuck in the back of her leg which was bleeding. When we looked at the floor there was glass shards around as if someone had broken a glass earlier or the night before. In any event, Jason went to the desk to report the glass and ask for something to clean his daughter's bleeding leg. The staff person was somewhat resistance and reluctant to dealing with this. Jason handed her the piece of glass and asked for some assistance to clean up his daughter's leg and there seemed to be confusion as to what to do. We needed it to be wiped clean and apply a protective cream and a bandage. It seemed to be difficult to accomplish without a bit of drama. I was quite surprised at this behavior as it should be something that is taught to staff in "what to do" situations before taking the position at the front desk. The desk person only wanted this to go away and did as little as possible. This of course did cause a stir from my husband's son as he was shocked as we all were that more attention was not paid to this situation. We also stated that there was glass all around the floor. We initially did not notice because of the sun shining so brightly into the room and that the pieces of glass were very tiny but could cause damage to someone not wearing proper shoes. And the chair may have had other small pieces of glass on it. I did not think I should inspect the chair or the area. My name is Jeanne Dobbs and I rented both rooms. This was a big disappoint to me.

We like the hotel-the location was wonderful. The rooms were nice and comfortable and the atmosphere was festive yet relaxed. My husband's son and his family came from LA to visit us and expressed an interest in seeing the historical sites in Philadelphia. We felt that booking 2 rooms so we could all go would be a nicer experience than driving back and forth to Philadelphia during the 4th of July celebration and it turned out to be a good idea

Great stay in a great location
    • King Room with Park View

Pool/sports center not open, due to remodeling. Wish we could have known that going in.

Helpful staff. And the ice water in the lobby was the perfect antidote for a hot day!

Nice hotel in the old town
    • King Room with Park View

The room is connected with other room by a door, so one could hear people in the adjacent room.

Great location. The view from a high floor was spectacular.

Lovely place to stay in the heart of Philly's historical district.

Showers were very weak and AC was noisy.

Rita in the restaurant was wonderful. The front desk staff and valets were great as well as the guys helping us with our luggage.

Awesome location, will be back!!😊
    • King Room with Park View

We had breakfast, not a lot of people to attend to...felt the service was very slow and the meal was very price-ee!🤔

We enjoyed the friendly service from the reservation, vallet and bar staff. The hotel was clean and the location was spot on...in the heart of the city. Walking around the city was a blast and can't wait to plan another trip. 😀

Great hotel but they didn't get it

Horrible communication about pool being out of service. No mention of this during booking process and was a key reason I booked this location. I brought up my disappointment to the staff and was basically told too bad. No attempt to compensate or add a perk. I could have stayed at a hotel without a pool and paid less.

Size of room was great and location was perfect for touring. Very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Everyone was very pleasant and helpful.

No vending or ice machines. Staff advised they had been removed as a major renovation of propert about to begin

Everyone was very pleasant and helpful. Perfect for independence square and old city attractoions

Staff was friendly

The hotel room had a very odd smell, the wifi in the bedroom did not work. After telling the staff they didn't put an effort into figuring out why and/or find a solution. There was not even water in the hotel room. For the price we paid I would expect working wifi.

Staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

The shower and sink did not drain well.

The shower and sink did not drain well. You ended up standing in a tub of dirty water. No towels at the pool. Asked 3 times. Took an hour to get them. Parking situation was unclear.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Perfect location for Indepence Hall

Everything was wonderful

Very nice staff, valet parking, comfortable rooms. Nice restaurant and bar at hotel. Perfect location for touring Indepence Hall and the Liberty Bell, was less than a 5 minute walk. Restaurants in the area are lovely as well.

Old, overworked, but friendly and well placed...
    • King Room with Park View

There was no hot water in the shower and the restaurant staff seemed overwhelmed with regualr Sunday brunch and a private event happening in the same space at the same time...desk clerk was fairly rude and disinterested when we apprised her of our concernes...whole place could use a bit of a refresh...

Great location between Independence Hall and the charming Old Town / Penns Landing...the valets and door staff were top notch...

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Very enjoyable!

Wireless internet was very intermittent, which was annoying. But the concierge always cheerfully found us the info we needed when we had problem getting it on our smartphones. We only stayed 3 nights, but were disappointed no one played the grand piano.

The location was ideal. We were in easy walking distance of most of the historical sites that we wanted to visit. The staff was excellent: always courteous, friendly and helpful - including the housekeeper, doormen, bartender, and concierge.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

First Time To Philly Had A Good Time.

I guess the only complaint I have is the Pillows were flat. Also since they don't have parking you have to park in the parking lot which the hotel does not own and pay $28 per day.

The location is excellent, it is next to most of the attractions such Independence hall and many of the museums. Penn's Landing is very close lots to do. I will return to Philly.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Staff was helpful

Window in the room kept opening at the top letting in cold air. The room directory was outdated with incorrect info which was annoying because when you called the desk to inquire you were told different information.

Staff was helpful

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

The location of the hotel is excellent.

The shower is a bit old. The room was a little too dark.

The location of the hotel is excellent. The room was very big and comfortable. There was a table with comfortable chair to work.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Definitely a good recommendation

Clerk was distracted when I checked in and seemed "put out" when I asked specifics about parking & breakfast options. Need more hooks/shelves for toiletry cases in bathroom. Hot tub not hot enough and no rest room on that floor.

Loved the location and view from the 11th floor. Easy area to walk around and great restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

A perfect place to stay

The room was beautiful, bed very comfortable. We felt safe. A doorman always opened the front door for us. I'll definitely recommend and stay there whenever in Philadelphia!

Great Location and comfy bed!! Not as upscale as pictures seem though.
    • King Room with Park View

Room could have been cleaned better, there was an issue with our room and they weren't able to fix it nor did they offer to comp anything, not a great bath room/tub for how ritzy the pictures looked online.

Location is amazing!! bed was super comfortable, room was spacious, GREAT views of the city!

Nice winter trip

After drinking tea, we were not left more. Hot temperature was not displayed. My gift card did not work. Staff said that was true at Marriott.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The Franklin Hotel, some flubs but definitely worth the stay

The shower was not in the best working condition. The shower head and the tub faucet would both run at the same time. And the water temperature was inconsistent. I felt like some parts of the hotel were a bit outdated but the location and the service at the hotel made up for it.

The folks working the hotel were amazing. Their energy and willingness to please was amazing. We checked in very late on Thursday night and they welcomed us and treated us like the most important people at the hotel. The room was spotless and great health facilities.

Well worth it ! Pool was nice. Staff courtesy

Water was too expensive Should be able to buy a pint. I had to take medicine had to buy it. Pool sides was slippery No phones outside of the pool. No towelx had to go outside pool area to call front desk.

The service was very good. Bell hops were excellent. Housekeeping was very nice. And quick I really enjoyed my stay. Stayed for 2 days. Cleaned room at the time I asked. View was nice too

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Enjoy the room and lobby, nice local spot.
    • King Room with Park View

Waterbugs/cockroaches in the pool area. No spa staff? (Maybe seasonal). Biggest disappointment was an expensive continental breakfast that offered very little. $14 for rolls and coffee really doesn't cut it. Waitress kept asking us if we had vouchers, and she made it seem odd we didn't, so no discount for breakfast. Went for breakfast elsewhere the next day.

Bed was comfortable, staff was attentive and friendly. Was able to check in early and bellhops helped with all luggage. Concierge knew the area well. Located very central to museums and restaurants in the cultural area.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Perfect mix of convenience, comfort, and class!

Staff seemed a little flustered and busy. Front desk was a bit messy and hectic when we checked in. Later I found out there was an event the same evening as our first night's stay, so some of this is understandable!

Location was perfect for visiting the area on foot. Room was very clean and had an updated "look", which gives a nice impression! Free wifi is always a nice amenity...

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Absolutely wonderful

The staff was wonderful and very accommodating! The room was clean and beautiful with a great city view! I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

The Franklin House a great place to stay.

I guess the only thing I can say is that the food and drinks were very over priced, concenient but very pricey!

The staff and accomodations were very nice. This hotel could not be any closer to all of the historical sites and a short drive to the waterfront or walk! Very pleased with this hotel.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Clean but outdated
    • King Room with Park View

The pool was freezing cold, the hot tub was not clean. Place seemed very outdated, was a nice view of the city but couldn't enjoy it because the windows were so dirty. The bed was very old and stiff

Friendly staff, room was clean.