Reviews of Omni Charlotte Hotel 4 stars

132 East Trade Street , Charlotte, NC 28202, USA

#76 of 150 hotels in Charlotte

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Enjoyed the stay and will book with the Omni again.
    • Premier Executive Room - 2 Queen Beds

I did call ahead to ask about the parking entrance since road construction has blocked off the section of Trade Street that the Omni is on. The woman that answered the phone as customer service on-site at the Omni was not helpful. I explained I would use navigation as an out of state customer but asked if she could tell me the road to enter for parking. Maybe she didn't know how to explain? All other staff were very pleasant and helpful. Valet staff excellent. Also, a vending machine would be nice to add for late nights. Just didn't want to wait for a small plate at 1:30 a.m. after the concert.

Great location even though the road is under construction.

Online Check-in a FARCE

We were invited to check-in online the day before our arrival. I called to adk the advantage ofvdoung this. I was told when I arrived at check-in (3:00pm) our keys would be assigned and placed on a board for us to pick up without getting in line. Not only did this not happen, no serviced room was ready when we arrived and we had to change in a lobby bathroom to make our 4:30 pm engagement on time. Please don’t market a service you can’t deliver.

Disappointing and very expensive for standard of hotel.

It was the worst nights sleep we have had for many years, as a result of police sirens and extremely loud vehicles disturbing us continually all through the night. The Omni needs to install double glazing as a minimum to combat excessive room noise.

Location was fine geographically and central.

The room services was wonderful.
    • Club Room - 2 Queen Beds

Everything was great, there really wasn’t anything that I could point out that could’ve been better.

The room services was wonderful. They made sure we were very comfortable and had everything we needed.

If you want to be close to the downtown action this is the place to be!

The price.

Nice spacious room. The decor was lovely, kinda updated mid century modern but a little on the masculine side. Noisy as heck until around 11 then the blaring sirens all but stopped so I got a great nights sleep. If I didn’t have a bad back I could easily walk the mile to BOA stadium.

Staff was professional and friendly.

Did not like that the pool was closed for the pool deck events.

Staff was professional and friendly. Hotel was clean and up to date. Loves that the room key is needed to enter floors off the elevator. Great safety feature.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Parking was,a nightmare no sign or anything. Drove around for almost hour hotel had party going on and drilling started about 7a for renovations

Bed was very comfortable.

They wanted to charge for WiFi? With so many people using WiFi it should be included, it is a inexpensive item that makes you feel like you are getting something extra.

Bed was very comfortable. All of the staff was very polite & helpful.

Customer service, clean rooms, nice relaxing bar area.
    • Club Room - 2 Queen Beds

The road noice and bongo music outside our window right in front of the hotel until 2:30 in the morning.

Customer service, clean rooms, nice relaxing bar area. Great location to the Spectrum Center.

Sad

Room smelled like cigarettes and kinda moldy smell.The chair had lots of stains kinda gross.Called front desk they said they didn't have anymore room and kinda hung up on me. Bathtub was dirty you take shower and the water didn't got down the drain overall bad experience.

Awesome location, comfortable and well-appointed room. Very helpful staff.

The car service available at the parking lot/lobby in the morning is much more expensive than a cab/Uber. This is my second stay at the Omni and my experience confirmed that I will need to rely on my own arrangements.

Very comfortable room and ideal location. Staff outgoing and responsive.

All my expectations were met and more.

No Complaints

Beautiful hotel, comfortable clean rooms, love the pool area, friendly and helpful staff, great breakfast buffet, perfect location. This was the third year of my family reunion at this hotel; will defiantly come back and recommend to others.

Just okay

I was disappointed in the check in process. I asked for early check in and for a microwave and fridge when I made the reservation over 2 months ago. I got the room key a whopping 15 minutes early, not much help to decorate for a birthday party.

The shower was awesome. The location near the epicenter was convenient otherwise it would not have been worth the trouble and the price.

My new favorite hotel

Water line burst and we didn't have water or air for about 10 hrs.This put a damper on our night, truly was a real inconvenience.

Love the hotel in general. Connected to the epic center which was a plus. Wonderful staff inside and out.

We got there Friday, and was fun up until Saturday afternoon, my fiancé’s birthday.
    • Executive Suite - 1 King Bed

On the day of my fiancé’s birthday, the water went out. That meant we couldn’t use the toilet, shower, brush our teeth or fix a cup of water. We called the front desk and asked them what was the problem, they said it was something to do with the pipes and they would send up 2 bottles of water. 3 hours later, no bottles of water, my fiancé called and they reassured us that the water was on the way. An hour later, we get a knock at the door, my fiancé answered and whoever it was, ran, but they left 2 bottles of water.

Me and my now fiancé have been coming there for the last 4 years for her birthday, we enjoyed the rooms and the convience of the hotel being in the center of everything.

Great, central location with bar/catering service until...
    • Club Room - 2 Queen Beds

Great, central location with bar/catering service until late (unlike much of central Charlotte) and easy access to venues on foot. Very friendly, helpful staff too.

Bed slept great.

The room refrigerator did not work. The Hotel parking fee for 1 nights stay was 44.00 when we left the parking lot at 11:55 am on our check out day which makes me rethink staying overnight in Charlotte; I will save the money and drive back home if this is the usual cost to park in this area of charlotte.

Bed slept great. View was very nice. Easy access to the elevators and onsite dining and shopping. Express check in and check out is a great feature. Location to our venue was great; we walked to the spectrum center. Staff always provided excellent service and very prompt.

Great Location but not worth the $$$

First off all EVERY street to this hotel was blocked for a Festival. Why not email your guests and tell them how to get through the blockades? Secondly we reserved a King and was given 2 Queens and when questioned I was told 3rd Party company reservations aren’t guaranteed. The mattresses were soft and the bathroom was so small you couldn’t close the door without climbing into the tub

Location Location Location Pool was great! Bartenders were friendly.

Great location, but room was not aesthetically pleasing and not worth the price
    • Club Room - 2 Queen Beds

Room was not up to date. Lacked appeal looked reminiscent of the late 80's. Not worth the money

Location was great as it was directly across from epicentre

Did not stay

Staff including the manager was very unprofessional with handling my situation encountered a very bad experience. Asked for corporate number and manger on duty refused to give it to me.

Our stay was excellent. We felt and was treated like royalty.

The food was delicious. The customer service was excellent. We called our breakfast in and they were very accommodating and pleasant. They answered all of my questions. The food arrived in a timely manner. It was a great experience.

Beautifully decorated hotel, friendly staff and excellent location!
    • Premier Executive Room - 2 Queen Beds

The only thing I can think of is there could be more available receptacles in the room.

The staff were very accommodating and helpful....restaurant staff were excellent and coffee was great! Loved the convenience of the gym and location of hotel.

The room decor was beautiful and comfortable.

Valet parking is the only option that didn't cost an arm and a leg and it was $27.00.

The room decor was beautiful and comfortable. Loved the shower too!

Location to attractions was great
    • Executive Suite - 1 King Bed

Room was located on fourth floor directly across street from nightly roof top entertainment which didn’t end until 2:00 a.m. both nights making it impossible to sleep.

Location to attractions was great

Fast and easy.

The pool was under construction and their website had indicated the pool was open April 2018 so that was the only disappointing part of our trip

Fast and easy.

Overall stay was decent but not worth the money.
    • Club Room - 2 Queen Beds

The bathroom toilet kept backing up. The refrigerator wouldn’t get cold. No microwave in the club room. No ironing board due to the upgrade of steamers.

The convenience of everything located within walking distance of the hotel. Customer service was great!

My stay at this hotel was uncomfortable from start to finish.

Leaving......

The room was not clean when we checked in, check in time has passed and we was still sitting in the lobby waiting for our room. Would not recommend this hotel for any occasion.

may main concerned is the loud music from the outside that I can hear it even if my tv is on.

I can hear the noise from the construction and the loud music from the outside. I ordered room service and it took an hr to deliver my order. If I didn’t call them again they will not delivered my order. They told me that they came to my room and nobody answer? They should call me at least and told me to open the door. Poor service kinda upset with the explanation of the room service attendant

Not worth the expense.

Photos advertise high end rooms with modern style. My room looked nothing like the photos. Furniture was old, artwork was generic, worthy of a low budget hotel.

Staff was friendly and room was clean.

All in all though this is a great location and a nice place to stay in Charlotte

The breakfast in room and at the restaurant was not what I would expect from this hotel chain the eggs were runny (scrambled) the fried eggs were rubbery and the potatoes were dry and under cooked. The sausages are fat and they were red and under cooked even when asked to cook well done. Also I would have loved to give the bartenders a personality.

Loved the room and the view the front desk and bell persons and valet persons were great

Great, outstanding, excellent exceeded my expectations and I love the view and location.

There was nothing I didn’t like.

The bed was very comfortable. The staff was very outgoing and friendly. The food and drinks was great. The hotel is beautiful. Loved the shower as well nice hot water.

My stay was comfortable

The town was alsome

My bed was very hard.my expectations were crush over all the construction work going on realy would have liked to use the pool. And i had booked a top floor i was put on the forth. Over all it was ok and i felt like the staff was happy to be thar.

Excellent get-away

Valet. Super rude and not willing or wanting to serve guest.

The hotel is beautiful! Really enjoyed my stay. Excellent location, one of the best in Charlotte.

The room was ready upon check-in.

Had to call IT for the WiFi to work for both myself and my girlfriend. One time call lasted 30 seconds ad it was fixed however.

The room was ready upon check-in. The Hotel was secure and the access to the downtown for St. Patricks Day was right there. Fun weekend.

Enjoyable and accessable to locations that I was most intrested in.

I did not like the fact that they only had two staff members at the desk and one was on the phone for an extended period of time. This allowed a line to grow and we were standing around waiting to get checked in. Maybe have staff members in an office taking those calls and allow those at the front desk to check in while you have a large number of guest checking in. (This was during March Madness) Just my observation. : )

The room and stay was enjoyable.

The staff was fantastic!!!!!

The hotel is very nice. The staff were fantastic! However, when I signed up for a room through booking.com. I didn't receive the room I asked for. I asked for 2 queen beds and instead I got a room with a King bed. Your staff fixed the problem with no problem. When I got into the new room, it was nice. The only problem with the room was the refrigerator was not working. But it wasn't a huge loss. However, I didn't realize that there was no free breakfast at the hotel. Mostly my fault for not looking into that when I booked the hotel room. Also, having to pay for WiFi is unacceptable. McDonald's is for free for crying out loud. I can't believe a hotel as nice as yours is you would have the nerve to charge more money. I will definitely look into another hotel that offers free breakfast and WiFi the next time I come to Charlotte. I hope you find that my comments will help you consider in making some changes for your hotel's future going forward! Thanks, Jim

How close it was to everything!

I made the best of it but for the price I was disappointed...

The room was outdated with an old dirty carpet/cigarette. I was also extremely disappointed that the hotel was doing room renovations in the room above mine and started early in the morning, I was awaken around 730am to drilling and loud banging. I had a late night and to wake up so early was very unfortunate.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable and the shower Amazing.

It was just ok

Under construction where you park and then have to go up to check in. Rooms were OK the pool and hot tub immensities were not functioning

the close proximity to the restaurants and City walk shops

All and all nice but could have been better for the money.

1. Questionable people milling around parking garage and lobby floor. No staff patrolling these areas. 2. Door locked in bridge from Epic Center latest night without card reader. Had to walk all the way back around block to get in main entrance. 3. Incovience of construction. 4. Not enough light in bathroom for to do makeup/hair/etc.

Security of needing room key access sleep rooms floors

The location was perfect for the concert I attended at the...

The standard king bed room was not as nice as advertised, but it wasn’t inadequate.

The location was perfect for the concert I attended at the Spectrum Center.

We had booked a king room.

We had booked a king room. When we got there we were placed in a double room. Went back down to the desk and were told they had overbooked the king rooms and had non available despite my confirmation number. We were never told at checkin of this which I think is very poor customer service. Also we had very little hot water to take showers.

Our stay was disappointing

The hotel is not clean , yes it is under construction but is way past due, room smelled like mildew and bathroom was dirty We only Stayed the night because we got in so late from a family medical Emergency Can not say how disappointed we are , we stayed in Nashville night and day

The bed was like a cloud.

Too much construction. The signage could be better. Couldn't find the valet. Cost us an extra $8.00 cause we parked next door and didn't know.

The bed was like a cloud.....

Construction going on at hotel.

Construction going on at hotel. Stay was interrupted by tons of dust and noise. Restaurant was not functioning. Alot of commotion going on throughout the stay and I wont go back until they complete.

Disappointed

My wife and I booked the room for a night away for New Year’s Eve. Fully expecting luxury accommodations especially for the price and reputation it was more like a motel 6. The room smelled smoky and musky, paint peeling from the wall near window and bathroom was very out dated and not very clean. Knowing that the hotel was sold out, we figured not much chance of moving. Also had to sit in th street nearly 30 minutes waiting on valet parking. Overall, it was a waste of hard earned money that I felt was going to be very nice..don’t know where this review will take me, but hope there is some kind of resolve to it. Thanks

Overall we had a blast staying here and will always look forward to staying there in the future.

The breakfast we ordered the next morning made us a little sick.

Justin at the front desk was awesome, he made our stay wonderful because it was our anniversary.

Overall good.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

My wife arranged a room upgrade and it was not done so we had to switch rooms after arriving. She also arranged a birthday gift that was not in the room. We went to basketball game and came back it still was not in room. Front desk called at 1030 to ask of we still wanted it. It wasn't delivered until almost 11 pm. It ruined her birthday surprise for me. Very disappointing!

The robes were wonderful.excellent view.

Temperature in room could not be regulated, and was...

Temperature in room could not be regulated, and was unusually warm in the room, but cool in the hallway-which was what would have been preferred in the room. I assume it was a mechanical issue.

Valet parking was convenient as well as the hotel location.

Valet parking was convenient as well as the hotel location. So close to everything, we just walked to restaurants. Hotel was very clean. The complementary gym membership was awesome.

The room was spacious and comfortable.
    • Queen Room

The hotel was under construction and it was pass the expected completion date.

The room was spacious and comfortable. The staff was accommodating considering all of the construction going on in the building. My stay was good overall.

Could have stayed at the new HolidayInn & had a Very Nice Suite for what i paid!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like the bathroom or the pillows.

The bed was amazing but it needed bigger pillows to match. The rooms are nice but dated for the price. I didn't care for the shower either. I think they are in the process of remodeling the rooms. I had to pay extra for daily parking which was valet parking.

Overall, great hotel. Will be nice once they finish renovations.

The proximity to the Epicentre made falling asleep kind of difficult. You could hear the music and crowds well past 2 a.m. My big complaint though was the added cost of parking ($24). Not a huge charge compared to the total cost but I feel as if that since their parking is the only available parking for the hotel, that it should be included in room cost. Also, it is valet (so you feel inclined to tip as well). Just kind of off-putting, especially since they don't advertise it until you arrive and they force you out of your car.

The access to the Charlotte Athletic Club was a huge plus.

Location, facility, room, and beds
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Outside noise of early morning construction Uncertain directions to garage (because of construction) Lobby floor lacked directions for walking to front desk Price was high for us, but unavoidable due to an infirmity

Location, facility, room, and beds

The area is okay however the hotel renovations and noise was horrific.

The room was facing the pool which is where the renovation is taking place from Thursday to Sunday the worst eyesore ever, and the noise!! That was enough to not come back until it's complete.

The bed was great. The hospitality of the staff is comforting. The food is great. The area is perfect.

We were very excited about a birthday event that we were...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We were very excited about a birthday event that we were attending in Charlotte and very excited about staying at Omni. I have stayed at Omni Hotels before but just recently became a Select Guest member. Upon arrival at the front desk we were not greeted and it did not feel welcoming at all (Ericka was the desk attendant's name). Myself and my guest were the only guests at the desk at the time so there was no distraction in keeping the front desk person from greeting us. It wasn't until we were literally standing at the desk and I said hello did she ask "Do you have a reservation?". I said yes and she asked my name as to which she could not find and so I offered my reservation print out. She looked at it and said "oh, Booking.com, I don't even see your name on this reservation, that's strange." It was not a good tone that she was using. She could not find my name at all and I asked about the reservation number which was on the paper and she said she still could not find my reservation. She took my print out to the back office stating that they would look at it back there. This is where it really bothered me and my guest. She said to us " Well, we are unable to find your reservation so what are you going to do?, Are you going to stay here or look someplace else?" I said, we are going to wait her, I have paid for a room here and I have no choice.", She just said "oh, ok" and continued with other guests. It was about 10 minutes before she went in and came out again to update us on the reservation situation in the back. Which my reservation still had not been found. A bit late, but attempting to be helpful another desk attendant came up and tried to help us. I am sure he sensed the frustration and wanted to assist. He found that Booking.com had my name entered wrong at that is why my reservation did not come up by name.

Great staff
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room smelled like cigarettes and was in need of updating. They were in the process of a remodel which we were not informed of untill we got there. The pool was closed down and there was lots of noise during the night which made it difficult to sleep.

The staff was amazing.

Restaurant in hotel was good.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our room was not what I expected. Air conditioning didn't work well & room was old & needs updating. They are doing some construction so maybe they are updating rooms? I felt like because we got a reasonable rate they put us in a less nicer room. Not cool!!

Restaurant in hotel was good. Location was excellent

Over all I met a friend there for the weekend and we had an amazing time.

I understand the property is under renovation, but both rooms 312 and 813. Weren't very clean. No mini bar in 312. Both rooms the bathtubs were in very bad shape. The Duvet cover in both rooms were very dirty, especially the one in room 813. I'm sorry, but I know its important you you to be aware. Disapointed the pool was out of service in August.

Location was awesome.

Omni...under construction, no pool, stay somewhere else for less with a pool!
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

As soon as I got to hotel, I was disappointed. It is under construction. The pool, which I specifically looked at and booked for was also under construction. I saw, in the lovely "pictures" that Omni had a great outdoor pool. I chose this hotel over others for the pool. I check in to learn it was closed. I told the check in attendant that I was very disappointed because the whole point was for kids to be able to play at the pool when we werent out. She asked me if I wanted to cancel the reservation and stay somewhere else...with my 6 bags and 2 kids...yes, sure let's move and try to find something else at 5pm at night in Charlotte. Thanks for the nice thought and accommodation. Much appreciated! Offering to upgrade our stay or discount our next due to the false advertising would have been the right accommodation.

Staff were friendly.

The location right in the middle of uptown is very...

Major construction going on which was not highlighted on reservation site. Our stay was in summer but pool was closed. Parking garage was cluttered with construction sonyou had to use valet at $25/day and you couldn't call in advance for your car because construction cut wires to valet office so we had to wait in line to get our car. Hotel should have waived valet.

The location right in the middle of uptown is very convenient. Room was clean and nice but we heard jack hammers all day. Fortunately not at night.

Impressed

The pool was closed for renovations.

Bed was really comfy, view of the city was amazing, everything was clean, room was perfect for us, right in the middle of all the uptown fun but was quiet on the 10th floor, friendly staff.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

This hotel was under renovations. It is in desperate need of major upgrades. The room and bathroom was very old and dated. Charged for basic wifi. For a hotel that allows pets there is no real green space nearby. Overall it was way overpriced, considering the condition of room and bathroom and extra charges for wifi, pet and parking.

The stay was amazing and that's the only hotel we will stay when we come to Charlotte

There is nothing that we didn't like we were amazed

We loved everything about the hotel.it was an amazing experience and the bed was so comfortable we will be back very soon

We booked the hotel as a midway stop in route home from...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We booked the hotel as a midway stop in route home from vacation. We specifically booked this hotel for the pool. We wanted to let our children burn off some energy. We were highly disappointed to find out when we got there that the pool was closed for renovations. Also, my husband signed up for the rewards program for the simple reason that we could have access to free wifi; however, we spent almost an hour trying to get connected. We ended up just paying for the internet access.

The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly.

When i booked the room i was not imformed that the pool was closed for renovation. That really spoiled my stay. The pool is the main reason we picked Omni.

Comfortable clean room

Staff were very nice,the bed was super comfortable and the...

We were charged an additional $130 hours after check out for the mini bar in the room which we did not touch. When confronted about the charge via the phone guest service immediately offered a refund and no explanation of why we were charged for the untouched items in the first place. Now we have to wait 5 days for a refund. Be careful and check your bank account after staying here! (mention at checkout you didn't use anything for the mini bar)

Staff were very nice,the bed was super comfortable and the view was excellent. The bar/restaurant staff was awesome as well.

I've been to better Omni Hotels

Bathroom was rather small Notice that construction was going on prior to booking (early morning and weekend). It actually woke me up. Notice that pool would be closed due to construction Hotel just as costly as other higher end hotels in area

Staff was very friendly

Ordinary at best.

The pillows were terrible. I regretted not having my own immediately. The room

The staff inside the hotel were terrific! The parking attendants could perhaps use a bit more training.

Clean , comfortable but definetly needs updating.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

The bathroom was tiny and the counter with the sink was even worse. Old style hotel and it needs to be updated. The air conditioning was loud and the vents were not adjustable so if you were sitting on the bed the air blew directly on you.

The rooms were clean, and the beds were very comfortable.

Least desirable of 3 uptown hotels

Inefficient valet, safety as there was a fight in the elevator, not advised undergoing construction, not advised pool closed. Caliber of clientel not typical of other Uptown hotels. Kids running in hall.

Location in town, room comfort

Awesome location and friendly staff
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

Even though the front desk staff told me the bar would loan me a corkscrew for wine we brought with us, they refused and said I could bring the wine down to them and they would open it. The room was very noisy: during the day on Saturday there was the constant grating noise of a jack hammer and at night the city noises, sirens and traffic precluded sleep until 2 AM. I was charged for internet access on my bill, even though I was never told it would cost money. When I signed on, I did not choose the higher speed option - which I assumed would cost money.

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was great with an awesome view of the city.

Great place and convenient to everything.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like that one of the staff members lied about the availability of rooms. I had a family member needing a place to stay and they told me that they were sold out. I looked online and there were still a few rooms available.

Convenience

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

I would eeccomend this place to everyone they are great planning on going back for husbands birthday
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

A lil pricey but the location and the staff was amazing jus wish was a lil cheaper

Love the location the staff was great the time we got there til we left friendly they were all amazing thank you

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

The best looking dissapointment

for the location I thought the rooms would be more updated and modern it felt old. I seen paint pealing and chipping off, pool was looking dirty if its not swim time cover it up. the wall paper is a terrible color.

the location and overall design of the hotel and the valet service.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

We got in very late the first night.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We got in very late the first night...and enjoyed a down home dinner. Breakfast the next morning was superb thanks to the line chef and our excellent server