Reviews of Roberts Riverwalk Urban Resort Hotel 3 stars

5.5

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

Exceeded my expectations.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - River View

Ice machine not working on my floor.

After reading some reviews, I was worried. What a surprise! Spacious room, clean and comfortable, great view. A step back in time to a grand old hotel. Staff very friendly and efficient. Fast check in/out. Did not visit restaurant. Would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

Awful
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - River View

Stayed the night before a marathon. I booked my room 4 months prior but my room ‘wasn’t opening’ and there was no other room available that night. Staff was not ‘urgent’ in taking care of the problem yet they decided to check in multiple other parties before looking into my problem. I sat and waiting for near 2 hours

The security guard was beyond nice. He walked me to my vehicle at night because it was so dark. He was personable and friendly.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

Very nice historic building with river front views. Good price for being in the downtown area.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - River View

Tv remote didn't work, no cups for coffee in the room, and the only working ice machine was located in a room with the electrical panels.

The building and views from the room were beautiful!

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Outlets didn’t work. Coffee maker didn’t work. Did not have air conditioning in room. No view. Definitely not as advertised for how I booked it.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

The location is prime, the staff is friendly enough.
    • Queen Room

The shower head was broke along with the drain. The heat did not work at all. Also on a previous checkup visit, we asked for an upgrade to a Riverfront room on a high level. We paid the extra money, yet ended up with a room on the first floor with a view of the parking lot.

The location is prime, the staff is friendly enough.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Very disgusting and the smell was terrible.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - River View

I had to pick my own room. They took forever to make a decision on what rooms that were available for me to go look at. The whole process took an half an hour before I got my family into a room to get settled.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Roberts is conveniently located with a view of The Detroit...

There was no heat and the management would not find another room. We were offered a heater! Our room was not cleaned - towels left in the floor, bed unmade!

Roberts is conveniently located with a view of The Detroit River and in close proximity to theaters, restaurants and sports arenas.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

The hotel could become a charming facility. Management needs to pay more attention to room details.

We had 2 rooms: Neither had kleenex, cups (but there was a coffeemaker), or hairdryers. My room had 2 phones, neither of which worked. One room had only a comforter on the bed - no sheet, as well as no phone or clock. And in my bed under the bedspread I found an all-access room key on a lanyard.

The hotel sits on the waterfront, which provides a very picturesque view. The lobby area is appealing with a nice combination of decor from different styles.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Felt dirty just being in the room.

the hotel needs A LOT of remodeling!! tons of burnt out light bulbs everywhere, carpet is torn and stained. we didnt have cups in the room for water or coffee. no towels upon check in. we asked for pillows twice the first night and never got them. our keys never worked, we had to keep going to the desk to get them reset. the bathroom sink didnt drain the water. we wont ever stay there again, or refer anyone else to.

staff was nice

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

After getting a room change, we enjoyed our stay.

Bed was quite uncomfortable. Room service didn’t exist.

After getting a room change, we enjoyed our stay. View was excellent. Quiet hotel, very little noise. Food was excellent.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Location was great, but not good enough for the price of the...
    • King Room - River View

Parking was absolutely TERRIBLE. There was no hot water during our entire stay. Staff was very slow and not very friendly.

Location was great, but not good enough for the price of the room.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

It had parking.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

Staff ignored you. Shower kind of gross. Staff were annoyed that we asked for new towels after 2 days of using the same ones.

It had parking. Room was big. Nice view.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

I was able to spend more of my money on trinkets and sights...Canada is right there!

The building is old. Needs a desperate updating in halls, paint, rooms particularly the carpet and furniture. The staff could use some resources like air freshener. Definitely smells of old building. I bought Febreze from the Dollar Tree a block away. The restaurant is a definite NO! Again staff great but it is a cafeteria at best. It looks like a basement with tables and IKEA lights strung up on walls. The road floods when it rains, big time so be warned.

The Staff were very, very nice. They attempted to do what they could to make the stay pleasant with resources they had. The location right on the Riverwalk is very nice. You can see Canada! Great bars nearby, I suggest They Say. Also, use the Lime Scooters downtown is literally a straight shot 1.9 miles. Neighborhood is ok in day, a bit sketch at night but there is plenty of security. Also, across street is gentrified condos so it's cool area.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Never ever book this hotel in life

This is the worst experience I have ever had in a hotel. The room had no hot water, no A/C, no complimentary tea/coffee, no toilet paper (just a thin layer of leftover), the floor was dirty with stains, bed sheet was stained with red stuff, not changed or cleaned, washroom had hairs on the floor, restaurant had no stuff, no breakfast, no pools (indoor/outdoor). I could not sleep due to the filthy environment and unhygienic room conditions. Like me, there were a bunch of people who complained the same. I demand money back in full. Once booked, we could not cancel free. The cancellation charge is the full amount of the hotel room charge. Check-in time is after 4 pm, but it took 6 pm to check-in after showing 5 to 6 rooms to us. All the rooms were of the same condition, even the staff did not like the rooms he was showing. I am never ever going there, and I ask booking.com to take off this hotel from their list of service. I demand money back in full. Once booked,

Only location

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Beautiful location beautiful hotel but unfortunatly no A/C & no hot water ruined it for me.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

No airconditioning in the room it was so dehyrating, and there was NO hot water, I had to shower in freezing water. I was very upset and disappointed about this.

Beautiful hotel, the staff was beyond helpful and nice!

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Cancelled reservations, cold showers and dirty floors.
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

everything was terrible.

worst. hotel. stay. ever. no hot water. no wifi. no lights in rooms. dirty. sandpaper towels and paper thin washcloths. Stay home before you stay here.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Aweful stay with no trained staff!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - River View

The staff staff was unhelpful, i didn’t get the room I booked, they put us in a room in the cellar with a smoke detector they couldn’t fix, then the biggest issue was no warm water and we didn’t get the promised refund! We paid a lot of money for an aweful stay! Will never return !

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

I am so appalled that I paid $122.73 to stay in a hotel with no heat or hot water.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - River View

When I got there to check in the room was not ready and I had to wait about an hour or more for them to get the room ready. I ended up still having to go into the room with the maid still working to complete the room. There was no hot water at all in the whole hotel. And I had no heat in my room at all. The maid was supposed to bring back a roll of tissue and never did. Luckily I have brought tissue from home. The rugs in the hotel needed to be clean. The paint on the walls was chipping. The curtains we're not up to the window properly and was hanging half off.

The staff was very nice and friendly. The hotel was on the waterfront with a beautiful view and an area where you could walk the riverfront.

Location ok but is in industrial area
    • Queen Room

No hot water also our truck got stolen from the parking lot and the staff could no help us with the footages of parking lot cameras

Location ok but is in industrial area

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Check in procedure takes a lot of time.

Check in procedure takes a lot of time. The lobby area very dirty and very poorly staffed. There was not hot water and had been down at least the day before. They lied time and time again about the status of it. Things happen if they were honest it would have been easier for the staff to deal with. The rooms were not properly supplied. Coffee maker and a packet of coffee no cups or cream sugar. Four rooms rented and two rooms with no air conditioning. Moved to other rooms and again not Air conditioning. They were putting people in rooms even though they had a list of rooms that didn’t have AC. Rooms were not clean. If you needed help with anything staff was very scarce waited 25 minutes to get back into my room because the key failed and no one around to help. Very disappointed in the whole experience.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Horrible never ever stay there again
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - River View

Room didn’t have normal hotel/resort amenities. You had to rent microwave/fridge for an extra 25/day. Room was outdated with dusty drapes. Parking lot was not secure. Hotel was advertised as a “Resort” however there was no indoor pool, hot tub, sauna. Door to our room didn’t even close on it’s own, it had to be forced to close. Cable barely worked according to the front desk it is always that way. Offered HBO but the channels didn’t come in at all. No coffee, tissues or cups in the room.

The river view

Close to downtown

No hot water in the bathroom. Only one person checking people in, while the other was on the phone for an hour. No parking at the hotel midnight because of a private party.

Close to downtown

Not a pleasant experience

The room was awful. No hot water. The first room I was assigned, the door did not work. The hot water issue was never fixed in my three night stay.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

The outdoor riverview is what makes the stay worth it.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

Unsafe, enter at your own risk, we will not help you, no security, dirty parking lot. Dirty, I'm not sure when was the last time I've been shampooed stairway entrance.

The outdoor riverview is what makes the stay worth it.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Horrible. Would've had a better experience at a local motel

Pillows are horrible, staff isn't well informed about issues that will hurt customers (like hot water being off and heat being stuck on in certain rooms), sign up front let's you know they won't help with issues, bathroom lights don't turn off in certain rooms..

Nice ambiance

Deficient
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - River View

We had a bad experience at this hotel, as soon as we arrived we did not have our room with double bed that I had booked, we got the pen house, wow! .. I would never have accepted it, we paid 8 nights, we had rain and the roof of the room leaked, there was no hot water, they gave us another room and the same. ... ha and to finish there was no cable signal 😡😡😡 I had never had such a bad experience with a hotel .. I do not recommend anything, roberts river hotel ... pay $ 1,036.00 dlls for eight nights, to have leaks, water cold in the shower and no television signal ...

The price, the views, that set

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Just not quite up to scratch but has potential
    • Queen Room

The place is a bit tired and run down. The Wi-Fi didn't work and the fire alarm kept going off even in the middle of the night. Ended up not staying our full booking and got a refund. Place was clean enough but not great, and the room amenities like coffee hasn't been restocked.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Very quiet, room was very big and spacious, and bed was very...
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed - River View

1) No real drinking glasses in room. 2) shower knob was loose (almost falling off). 3) hot water was not very hot, 4) overall cleanliness was not as good as should be.

Very quiet, room was very big and spacious, and bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

The location is excellent very good view of the city.

There was a very long line for check in. The clerk kept leaving the desk to walk guest to the room to check them out before finishing the check in process

The location is excellent very good view of the city. Vintage decor is great.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

it would worth 2/5 in rating only because of the location.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - River View

Wifi is accessible only when you're in the lobby. Service is very slow because there are only 2 employees serving the whole place! Furniture is old. No freg. in the rooms, if you need one, you pay $25 a night! The location is the only good thing, it's charming and very close to downtown.

The locations was amazing, that's the only thing.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

The hotel was not ready for humans. Dirty, rooms not cleaned. Just awful
    • King Room - River View

Toilets were replaced in rooms and left in torn cardboard boxes. Replaced toilets were not ready for use thus water leaking onto marble floors and into rooms. Beds not changed, no lights in rooms, cob webs and dust. The staff was very patient and so, so nice. But they were not ready to charge $200 a night. Most of us would have left, but feared for safety in an unknown city with 0 occupancy with such a large conference.

Staff was trying to keep folks serviced and happy. Very polite and kind -- but you can not have an active rennovation with guests like this. Most of the dirt is from cutting corners and just not cleaning or hiring enough staff.

The Riverwalk

It didn’t have no fridge or microwave it didn’t come with complimentary breakfast I didn’t like parking arrangements they charge to much to not have anything

The Riverwalk

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Location was perfect, right on the river walk, small coffee...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - River View

Location was perfect, right on the river walk, small coffee shop and Atwater Brewery very close, $10 Uber to most downtown attractions. Price was right for the trip.

Don't come here
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed - River View

- Wifi is THE WORSE. I needed to work and had to stay in the lobby until 3am to use internet. No wifi in the room at all. - TV didn't have remote control - I had to change channel and volume STANDING IN FONT OF THE TV. I asked the staff for one, and she couldn't find one that matched the TV on my room. She was not worried at all about satisfying the customer. - I couldn't purchase a water bottle. Since there's no restaurant nor bar at the hotel, and the vending machine was sold out, no other way to purchase water bottle was available. - Cleanness is definitely not a priority.

The location was ok because it was close to where I needed to go. Besides that, I didn't like anything here. It was one of the worse hotel experience of my life.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Good
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - River View

The location was amazing, but I would like to add a proverbial 'BUT' here. No fresh water to drink. I went to the water dispenser to buy some, but the dispenser had run out of water bottles. I had to drink water out of the bathroom tap. I was supposed to leave early morning for my conference, but there was no hot water for shower, this really turned me off.

Friendly staff

YOU ARE WARNED. DO NOT STAY AT ROBERTS RIVERWALK

-staff were completely unprofessional. My AC did not work and they could not garantee either a new room OR a refund. -spent 85 minutes trying to check in. only one person on staff -No cell phone signal. Poor internet connection

the bathroom is the nicest part of the room. everything else is poorly decorated

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

I will not stay here again.
    • King Room - River View

We checked in at 8:00 pm. When we got there, there was no bedding on the bed and dirty towels were still in the bathroom. It took until 2:30 am to get the bedding and towels. They gave us two wash clothes and two face towels. We will not be staying here again.

The location was great.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

It was marketed as way better than it was.
    • Queen Room

It was marketed as way better than it was. The hotel looked like from the movie "the shining" from the inside. Dirty, old, no other guests, empty and the furniture/bed must have been very old. Even the road outside the hotel was filled with holes and bumpy as hell. Would not dare park my car there.

bad

when we got there they told us our room was under renovation we had no air the windows opened but did not have screens the toilet rock was not fastened to the floor right we had to ask for towels not worth over a $100.00 I had to spend I think i was totally mislead on this place and would not stay again

Poor conditions
    • Queen Room

Well, where do I start. The room was filthy, no air conditioning, blankets not laundry, pills on floor, plastic around mattress, I can go on but would run out of characters. These were just the room issues. I have photos to document.

NOTHING!!

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

First the air conditioner was not working, the carpet was so...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - River View

First the air conditioner was not working, the carpet was so dirty & nasty the sink & tub were clogged up badly the toilet paper holder fell off the wall. The room hasn’t been dusted down in so long. The only ice machine is on the first floor & the parking lot had so many chuck holes. I had to get a parking pass & walk back out to my vehicle to put the pass on my dash. No towels & rags in my room. The lights in front of the building were not turned on till well after being dark must I go on!

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

This place is horrible and needs a complete overall. I blame my troubles on poor management.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - River View

This property was filthy per the expectations set. When i got there, over half of there rooms did not have working ac/heat. There excuse they are in the middle of renovations. Not one sign of renovating on this property. They over book their rooms. I paid for a Riverview king bed ahead of time and when i got there, they had place me in 2 queen bed side of the building view. To make matters worse, the room was dirty and smelly. Asked to speak to general manager and was not allowed because “she was in a meeting”. I wasn’t the only person with problems upon check in. I had to leave out and book a last minute hotel at the DoubleTree that cost me $756. $352 extra dollars that i luckily had. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Not even my ex. Funny thing is that this place is a laughing stock amongst other hotels. I went to 3 other hotels looking for a room and they all said the same thing. Apparently they have been using the renovations line for the last 5 years.

In all honesty, there is only 2 bright spots about this place. The Riverview is amazing overlooking Canada and there was this pregnant receptionist who tried to come to the rescue of her incompetent coworker. She recognized my frustrations and understood.

I would like a refund
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - River View

1 1/2 hours to check in. Unacceptable. No air conditioning but thankfully 50 degree night. No coffee or cups in the room but there was a coffee maker. I was charged $8.48 for two cups of coffee.

The Riverwalk was beautiful.

Alright

It only had two pillows the furniture was old the tub didn’t drain properly the bedding could have been new. Phone didn’t work did not have a alarm clock bathroom could have been swept.

The room was quite.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Acceptable but better options in Detroit

No air conditioning No cups available in room Static television no clear channels Check in process way to long. No shuttle available to downtown events

The bed and linen extremely comfortable

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

It was ok

My room was not ready until 6:00 pm, it was not the room i was supposed to ge.. took me to 2 dirty ones before i got a clean room. And it was not even close to being as nice s the 1st room. Waiting two hours was horrible

The location and buildingare AWESOME. Stff was great.

I loved the location, off the river walk.

Customer service was not good. Hotel not as clean as it should have been. Room should have been checked for Cleaniness. I understand it’s under construction so they say. They need to do a lot of work if they wanna compete with the other hotels in the area.

I loved the location, off the river walk.

You get what you pay for

No air conditioning beds uncomfortable not enough stocked towels or toilet paper lighting very dim

The view and staff were great and very accommodating

Staff was as accommodating as they could be.

It took forever to check in. Room was hot...supplied fan did not work. Bathroom was dark....mirror lights didnt work. No exhaust fan in bathroom.

Staff was as accommodating as they could be. They remained courteous and polite even though they were obviously overworked. Smart TV allowed me to watch television despite hotel's meager channel lineup and poor picture.

3.0
    My stay was horrible, the worst I ever had. Never will I go back to the nasty establishment!!!!!!!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

This was the worst stay I ever had, the rooms were dirty and the staff was with bad attitudes. The General manager was very rude(Sandy). Won't ever go back there

Nothing the outside

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

It was an overall bad anniversary stay for me and my husband.
    • King Room - River View

The staff were unprofessional, the air conditioning didn't work well, the tv only showed two channels with sound, the room smelled like a old saloon, they didn't have toilet paper in the building, staff entered my room without knocking and I was undressed.

The view was wonderful and I enjoyed sitting on the riverwalk

Terrible
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - River View

They should shut down for a month until they get everything fixed & in order. No A/C, centipedes & spiders were in the room. Also could have cleaner bathrooms.

The front desk staff was friendly. They tried to make up for the lacking of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Air broken 60 min check in process!!!

The air was broken and it was very hot. this was not communicated to me when I booked the room. The facility was dirty. The first room that they showed me had bullet holes in the closet, and no screens on the window so I didn't feel comfortable even opening the window. It took an hour to check in and then I was late for a concert. our keys had a hard time working in the door we had to get them activated several times. The ice machine was also broken. No microwave no refrigerator in the room. Obviously no air condition when that was an amenity that was advertised. I want my money back.

The staff was trying to be accommodating but you can tell the management was awful. The Riverwalk was pretty behind the hotel.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

The location was awesome just wish they would keep it up.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - River View

No air conditioning. Carpet was filthy. Had to open windows to get air into the room, bugs came into the room. Mold in the bathroom. The location was awesome just wish they would keep it up

The location was awesome just wish they would keep it up. Had a good time at the bar

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Don’t make the same mistake I did by giving the benefit of the doubt. Negative reviews are true...
    • Queen Room

Staff that didn’t follow through on acknowledged requests, General Manager that didn’t respond to inquiries submitted through front desk staff, virtually uninhabitable rooms due to leaking ceilings and wet carpet, 2 hour wait to be checked-in, lack of staff interest to ensure return business.

Location on water

Exceedingly LONG checkin process...!

The 45 min wait in line just to check in.... and the lobby was too hot for comfort. Had I known the hotel has been under renovation for a few months & is still currently, I would have given it second thought. The staff, although understaffed, did a good job considering what they have to deal with. BUT YOUR SITE SHOULD ACKNOWLEDGE THE EXCEEDINGLY LONG WAIT TIME FOR CHECKIN. They escort each guest to their room to check if the a/c is working well enough to suit before giving out keys. A good practice if the staffing were better.

Location is great

Needs updating quickly.

False alarm in middle of night. Had to get out of bed for a false alarm. Lobby dirty. Systems tracking guest old. Made me nurvous to start stay.

Located right on the riverwalk, it is a short distance to downtown.

The side road was incredibly bumpy and not very well lit. Same for the parking, while it was free it was not lit very well. The evening clerk had some trouble checking me in with my credit card but after 20 min, got the job done. No hair dryer!

Location is just about 1 mile from downtown and right on the river. The room had very high ceilings with incredible crown moldings and the bathroom was huge! With some tender loving care this hotel will be awesome.

No A/C

We didn’t stay. They were doing renovations and the A/C did not work in our room. And checking in took forever. The construction had the front desk people unorganized

NIGHMARE!!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - River View

Where do I start?!! We first arrived at midnight and there is no one at the reception desk, after 15 min a security guard comes out and said that the clerk must be in the restroom, so he went looking for him. Ten minutes later they appeared, the clerk found my reservation and told me he had to go check on my room to see if it was ready, another fifteen minutes later he comes back and says it’s ready. We went to park, (no parking except for in an abandoned lot with no lighting). We go to the room he gave us, (in the basement) the room next to our “assigned” room had the door busted and bullet holes. We get inside “our” room and the windows are open,(it is below street level, and large windows with no screens) and it only had one bed, (we had three people on the reservation, and specifically payed for a two bed and river view room). We went back upstairs and they said there were no river view two bed rooms and that Booking.com lied on their end, then he gave us another room with two beds, we go up to that room and open the door, there were people already “busy” in that room!!! In horror, we go back downstairs and the clerk says they have no other rooms and we are out of luck, now it’s 3am and we have no room and no way of booking a room through a website site! On top of that, he could not reimburse the $240 that I’ve payed on my credit card for another 48 hours! During the time I had to wait, there were several other guest complaining at the desk, several rooms have no air, and one had toilet water raining inside the room, just to give you a picture... The clerk was nice enough, but I think he was way over his head! Then we went searching for rooms, having to go to each hotel, they were all booked! At 530 am we finally found a place ( by the airport, 30 miles away...) STAY AWAY!!! We travel a lot and have never have this happen before...

Looks like at one time long, long ago it used to be a nice hotel.

Beautiful location. Very, very dirty broken down rooms.

Property was dirty, windows dirty, carpet nasty, no outlet covers, no lights, no air, just too much....and they offered to give me a fans for my room! 🙄 AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF THEY CHARGED ME FOR AN EXECUTIVE ROOM INSTEAD OF A KING BED W/RIVER VIEW. They showed me about six rooms that either did not have air or plaster was falling from the ceiling. Finally found a room and they over charged me....and told me I had to wait to see “IF” I would get a refund. They did not give me Booking.com rates.

Staff tried to apologize for no air dirty rooms, no lights, broken windows, no outlet covers, etc.

Frustrating check in but once in room fair.

It took 1 hour and 20 minutes to check in. Staff were taking guests up to see rooms to see if it was acceptable since the hotel was under renovation and the air didn’t work in many rooms. We had to try three times! You think there would be an accurate list of where the air was working! Also, not a full set of towels and only one garbage can.

Extremely disappointed

The sheets were wrinkled. I was concerned about the cleanliness of the sheets and the bed so I slept on some towels. You had to ask for a TV guide at the front desk which was a faded copy printed on a copy machine. The remote had no backing to hold batteries in place but since there were batteries, it didn’t matter. Approximately one a half to 2 feet of the tall drapes were off the rod and hanging down. The bathroom sink area and toilet were not cleaned.

We did NOT stay here! Within 20 minutes of entering our room we had to leave. Pictures will be added
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - River View

The hotel itself has great potential if only it was CLEAN! The room was unbelievably filthy and in desperate need of repairs. The amount of mold in and around the tub/shower area was disgusting and inexcusable. No linens in the bathroom, the bed sheets had not been changed, there were hairs and cigarette ashes in the sheets. There was a smell in the room of human body odor and was sickening. The list goes on.....

There was nothing likeable about it, except for the front desk gentleman(Michael) who was very understanding and tried to accommodate us but the damage was already done. He said there was renovations being done to improve the property. We felt sorry for him. The number of complaints from other customers that he was receiving in the short time we were there was unbelievable. There was NO manager on site and was told she was unreachable by phone or email. He had to deal with everything on his own.

Bed was comfortable.
    • King Room - River View

The room was dusty and the air conditioning didn't work. It was hot, muggy and awful. They gave us a fan with a blade missing so it jumped around and we had to pin it down with everything in the room. Very disappointing.

Bed was comfortable. View was nice.

Poor service.
    • Queen Room

It took 1 hour for only three customers to check in. The hotel had the lowest efficiency I have ever seen. They charged me $100 fee as deposit and haven't returned it back to my credit card account after 15 days. No AC in the first night.

The Fire Alarm went of at 6am and we all had to evacuate the...
    • King Room - River View

The Fire Alarm went of at 6am and we all had to evacuate the Hotel. Luckily it was a false alarm but our sleep had been broken and the day started there.

I liked nothing at all about the hotel

We liked nothing about this hotel! We were surprised at the poor surroundings of the hotel. We were told that there was absolutely no ability to check in before 4pm. Upon arrival, we noticed the pictures posted on booking.com were outdated; hotel looked like it was built in the 1920s and hasn’t been updated since. The men’s restroom in the lobby stunk of a toilet that hadn’t been flushed in years and the restaurants noted on booking.com were clearly not operational. We checked the reviews of the hotel again and were surprised to find that reviews from the previous day indicated there were no rooms with air conditioning and indicating people had serious issues with the check in process. We contacted the front desk who assured us there would be rooms with air despite their “renovation”. We returned to the hotel hours later And still noticed no vehicles in the lot upon arrival. The check in process was extremely slow and the employees didn’t appear to know how to operate the computer or how to check guests in. An employee was in the lobby in street clothes requesting to speak to the manager because he was shorted 20+ hours on his paycheck. Upon receiving our room, an employee walked us to our room to verify the air worked. It did not. We were issued another room, again, the employee walked us to our room and set our air requesting at least 1.5 hours before coming back to the desk if there were issues with the air to allow them time to check in the other guests. The room was hotter than the outside temperature and failed to cool. Numerous additional rooms; moldy leaks and still no air. Refused to refund money for room due to being booked on Booking.com. We were late to our show that we traveled 6 hours for because we had to drive around to find a hote with vacancy. Don’t try this hotel, you will be sorry. Ended up having to dispute the charge through my credit card. Worst hotel experience I have ever had!!!Staff said they had 19 bookings on a Friday night...enough said

I liked nothing at all about the hotel

Do not stay here. Spend a little bit more and stay anywhere else.

When we arrived at 3pm (check in time), the line was almost out the front door. We were staying in Detroit for a wedding. Unfortunately, the wait was too long, and we had to get ready for the wedding in the hotel’s public restrooms. We checked in around midnight with no problem. The person working the desk acted like this was a regular occurrence. Because it was so late, we were told there was no manager available. When we got into the room, there was no soap or hand towels. The television didn’t work. Check out was at 11am, but at 10:30am housekeeping was banging on the door. When we checked out, again no manager was available. This was the worst experience at a hotel I’ve ever had. Will not be returning.

The inside of the hotel looks nice and recently redone. The room was very clean.

😑 I'd rate it a 5 out of 10
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - River View

didn't have the room that I booked on your site. Could use a real cleaning (windows, smoke detector, behind toilet). Shower head much to low. Parking sucks, definitely shouldn't charge $18 for Resort fees.

It was a beautiful location on the Riverwalk
    • King Room - River View

The whole hotel was extremely hot and we were informed by hotel employees that the air conditioning in most of the building did not work properly. The room was pretty run down, the bathroom floors and tub/shower were dirty, there were no tissues or extra toilet paper, no cups for the in-room coffee maker, and the carpet and walls were filthy. However, these were the best parts of the stay! The worst part of our experience involved trying to check in. We stood in line in the lobby with approximately 30 other guest for over 2 hours waiting to check in. Apparently, their computers had gone down earlier in the day, but only one employee was attempting to check in the guest and each check-in took 20 minutes! Several other guests and I were forced to get ready/change our clothes in a basement bathroom and hallway, so that were did not miss the events that we were attending that evening. The staff did not seem to be in a hurry to try to resolve things, there was not a manager on-site, and we were not offered any type of consolation/discount for all of our trouble. When I asked an employee if the computers ever went down creating a problem like this before, they informed me that it was not the first time that something like this had happened. We will NEVER stay at this hotel again, nor would I recommend it to anyone I know. It was just terrible!!!

It was a beautiful location on the Riverwalk

My worst hotel experience of 2018 so far.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - River View

There was a line to check in and everybody came back and cut in line because they weren't satisfied the first time. It took me 3 hours just to check in and I didn't get the room that I booked and paid for in advance. The first room I got was dirty in the bathroom had a leak mildew around the bathtub and the ceiling was in need of repair. I talk to the manager on duty and she did not offer me a refund or a discount and only said that they were booked up and there was nothing she could do.

It's a shame that the service was awful and the place was in need of repairs. The property is right off the Riverwalk and is in a great Scenic location.

The worst hotel stay I have ever experienced.

System was down took several hours to get "checked in", customer service was awful, room was not clean when we arrived. Hallway and room had a musty smell. Did not stay and do not recommend.

The hotel is right on the river and it’s a beautiful view!

The fact we waited TWO hours to get booked in. We missed our wedding that we were there attending and then had a concert at 1900hrs, which we missed the opening act. The hotel did NOTHING to compensate. We went to take the stairs instead of the elevator and there were approximately 11 toilets being stored for “garbage” day blocked the door from opening all the day and we had to slide through to get to the stairs. Not to mention, the television wouldn’t work. Went to use the room phone and it doesn’t even work. I attempted to call the front desk three times and had to resort to my cell phone to call. The front desk sent security who indicated “this is jank... nothing works in this place” and proceeded to tell me they can’t fix it. So no tv for the stay.

The hotel is right on the river and it’s a beautiful view!

A 3 hr wait to check in because computers went down.
    • Queen Room

A 3 hr wait to check in because computers went down. The daytime desk clerk passed out numbers so when the computers did come up, the people first in line would check in before anyone else. Unfortunately the day desk clerk did not inform the afternoon clerk that she had passed out numbers! So people checking in at 3-4pm received there room before people w numbers who were waiting 3hrs to check in. I understand when computers go down it’s out of your control sometimes. But when you have a lobby full of people waiting that long it can become very stressful. Fortunately the evening made up for the delay! Also, the day desk clerk was trying to check people in early so that the evening clerk would not have an influx of people checking in all at 4pm.