Reviews of Omni Richmond Hotel 4 stars

100 South 12th St., Richmond, VA 23219, USA

#27 of 66 hotels in Richmond

• Premier Room -1 King Bed

Pool closed no reason given. Light above shower in my room 1422 hanging and disassembled. Terrible wait staff at restaurant for breakfast.

Comfortable bed. Great valet staff.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was not ready when we checked in and had to wait for almost an hour, but we were ok with it. The only bad experienced we had was the Valet guy that checked us in. He took my keys and gave me the paper receipt, left and never bothered to help. He started helping other cars and I don’t know if he helped with the luggage. It was just me and my 2 children who were kind of confused on what’s going on. I took all our luggage from the trunk of the car and were falling over on the sidewalk. I was afraid some cars will run them over.

The hotel is very close to I-95. There’s Starbucks in the hotel. The foods we ordered were delicious, though quite expensive. We had a good night sleep and was happy with the stay overall.

The pool hours were limited due to renovations. This was resolved by the hotel with generous concessions and an upgraded room. Great solution! The hotel looks fantastic so it's easy to forgive the minor disruption.

From the moment with arrived, the level of service was exceptional. Front desk staff Dante and Alexis made our stay memorable and comfortable. The hotel has been recently renovated with new carpets, linens and bathroom fittings.

• Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds

Construction was happening while we were there. Water leak occurred as well. Mini bar was unlocked and had a old sandwich in it.

Staff was great, front desk clerk was some what rude. Valet guys were incredibly nice !!!

• Premier King Room

Expensive breakfast buffet, low shower pressure.

Plenty of bars and restaurants close to hotel. We walked everywhere. There’s a nice Starbucks inside the hotel.

• Premier King Room

Property is under renovation so we had water on the floor and had to move, but they upgraded us to the club floor. However, the second day we had no water from 10 to 5:00 while they worked on the water in the building.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

THE FLOOR WAS DIRTY, THE SHOWER WATER DID NOT GO SOWN FAST ENOUGH. the hotel seem like it need a UPDATE. I HAVE STAY THERE MANY TIMES BEFORE BUT I THINK THIS WAS THE LAST TIME UNTIL THEIR UPDATE THE HOTEL

. the front desk personal

We were told it was wheelchair accessible and it was not. It had a wheelchair shower but that was it. Bed was way too high and not comfortable. Toilet was definitely not wheelchair accessible and the room was not wide enough. The floor into the bathroom was not level and could not get into the bathroom with the wheelchair. The hotel added another 58.87 to my bill after I left and could not explain it.

valet parking at 2am I had to go in the hotel to find someone

only stayed one night you basically have to get the valet parking but all in all a beautiful hotel

• Deluxe King Room - Disability Access

sink was stopped up; toilet steadily drained in tank; tub faucet continually dripped; toilet too low for handicapped person; portable plastic seat in bathtub unsafe; TV guide on TV remote only showed networks on screen (not what was showing at what time).

accommodation for service dog and cleanliness of room.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Although I requested a quiet room away from the elevators as I checked in, they placed me in a room right next to elevators. It costed me a whole night's sleep. But they were nice to change my room the next day. Th hotel overall is old and very noisy, you can easily hear people walking by and think that someone is actually in your room!

• Deluxe King Room - Disability Access

Because I booked through Booking.com I could not get Free Internet. They gave me a queen bed when I asked for a king. The hotel was very busy with large groups. My room was not ready when I arrived at 3pm.

Good location.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Carpet didn't seam to have been vacuumed properly

Lobby, atmosphere, great dinner at Hotel Restaurant. Easy checkin and bellman was excellent with assistance to luggage and brought ice to room, and bellman with assistance to our Valet parked car and sent us off with bottle water for our drive to Williamsburg! Great Job, Excellent service!!!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The high parking fee is wrong. An upscale hotel should fit it in to their rates. This is the kind of thing that makes Airbnb attractive.

The buffet breakfast was very good and had dairy alternatives and even goats milk in addition to the usual fare. The fruit was very fresh. Staff were very helpful. Parking was extra ($25 ). That is half of what Omni shore ham in DC charges, but still, as I see it, way to high. Otherwise, my 7 ur old son and I were very happy with the room, pool, food and staff.

Small room - Old bathroom (& no exhaust fan) 'Hot' portion of breakfast was just some veg burritos

Very friendly staff - Great shuttle service - take it within 5 mi of hotel - leave car in $15/night garage across street instead of $25 valet Fresh fruit at free breakfast Small room refrigerator that you can squeeze a few things into Room location great - top floor in corner - no noise Convenient to access roads and downtown tourist venues

• Deluxe Queen Room

Stain on sheer curtains, bathroom was missing some toiletries -which were delivered to my door within 5 minutes of my call.

Location was great. Literally in the middle of everything. Staff was incredible. Calls answered promptly and they seemed genuinely interested in my question. Repeated what I asked for and delivered it immediately. Wow

The valet service did not appear organized and did not understand how to move cars in and out of the drop off area without creating a traffic jam. While the staff was nice they just did seem to understand how best to park the cars so others could be parked and driven through the entrance.

The food at the restaurant was good and priced appropriately. The room was nice and bed comfortable. Overall the hotel was just great.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

At check-in (which I did in the afternoon) the staff member told me that they did not have two double beds -- which is what I reserved and had confirmed. My two daughters were staying with me... hence the double bed request. She hesitated and it took a while before she let me know that she did find a double bed room. Also, because there is a Starbucks on site they do not offer complimentary coffee once Starbucks opens at 7am. If you want coffee you have to purchase it. For the room price I believe it would be nice for the Omni to provide complimentary coffee in the lobby in the morning.

• Deluxe Queen Room

My friend used the coffee maker and said the coffee was terrible. For the price you pay I feel wifi and breakfast should be included (neither are).

This is a huge beautiful hotel. They let me check into my room early which was a big help. The room was beautiful with lots of windows and clean. There was a safe and robes. I used the pool and sun deck on the 3rd floor. They provide pool towels. The water was a nice temperature and the had nice lounge chairs. Everyone was very friendly.

• Club Level - 2 Double Beds

Tired decor. Needs an update. Stayed on club level which not sure if it was worth it! Asked to chat constructively w manager about room but never got call

Nothing. Absolutley perfect.

The staff is so kind and friendly. The property is incredible. We were celebrating my boyfriends birthday and there was cake and champagne waiting for us in the room. The Omni is the best hotel I've stayed in! Love love love it!

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

No changing rooms at the indoor swimming pool.

There were issues upon arrival with rooms not being ready etc. These were eventually sorted out and we were compensated above and beyond for our inconvenience.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

We like to stay at the Omni in Richmond. The Christmas decorations on and around the hotel were amazing. The staff are friendly and helpful. The location is excellent.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Disability Access

They did not have record of our reservation but because I had my booking.com information they had no problem getting us a room. Not sure if the issue was on booking.com or the hotel.

The location to our concert venue. The beauty of the hotel overall and the comfortable bed.

The room had an odd smell The restaurant bar was claustrophobic and under staffed, tho the bar keep was professional

A very quiet room with great corner room views made for a comfortable experience even though several big weddings were on site

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed was really hard. I opted to sleep in the chair. No free parking for guests.

The staff was very courteous. It was nice to have a Starbucks on premises.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

The price of breakfast at $22 per person was astronomical. The air conditioning in the attached restaurant was set too low.

Clean and friendly and well situated.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Being charged for wi fi This wasn't made clear to us and given the standard of hotel we certainly didn't expect to have to pay the 10 plus dollars charged when we settled up. We only stayed one night! Having to ask for the fridge key and not receiving any apology for this not being given to us with our room key High car parking charge -25 $ a day

Nice comfy bed

Nothing-everything was just great. Had a good time!

The breathtaking view from the 16th floor! Amazing! Very friendly staff. Told us how to get to the coliseum nearby for the Kiss concert! Then we used the shuttle to get there!

We have come to the Omni each of the last 4 years for our anniversary and my wife's birthday. The hotel is gorgeous, the views are awesome, and the staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The location of the Omni, in the heart of Shockoe Slip, is priceless.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

The room was a little on the small size, parking situation could have been better.

Hotel was beautiful, the bed was extremely comfortable, and the water pressure in the shower was amazing.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Disability Access

I would not have booked it if I knew the fitness center was closed on Sunday's.

The bed was comfortable. the room was fine for a night and the staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Did NOT like: 1. Being required (not only because of downtown location but that was the only onsite option) to do Valet parking (for quite a price!) was NOT convenient - even if they say it's "unlimited". The valets were always overworked, and in the evening there was a horrible traffic jam, waiting for a valet to park our car. 2. Paying extra for the "Club" (evening drinks/hors d'oeuvres and breakfast) when the hours for both 'perks' were slim. We missed both opportunities so, in the end, it wasn't worth the price! 3. Location on the weekend is only good if you're going to eat at Tobacco Company (across street) or going out in Shockoe Slip. During the day, there's no good restaurants open and walkable (especially in the heat of a summer day).

Did like: 1. Fairly luxury feel of the place, even IF the bathroom/shower was showing a lot of wear/tear. 2. Staff (indoor) very will/able/ready to help

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Club Level Accommodations - 1 King bed

The man at check in was rude, asked weird questions, and failed to explain any benefits of the club level accommodations or the hotel in general.

When we got there the valet parking was crazy and pouring out into the street. When we called down later to ask about vending machines the staff sent us complementary drinks for the inconvenience.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The dining room offered a pathetically poor menu and was dirty. A shuttle service apparently exists but we were not told of it. we were therefore left stranded at several major tourist areas. The taxi service is not worthy of the name. I would not stay here again if I were paid to do so

• Deluxe Queen Room

Door to room stuck, entire room was very dusty and had to request iron ironing board 3 times

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff and front desk was extremely helpful.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Gym has highly restricted hours. The hotel uses a neighboring YMCA gym, which opens late on weekends

• Deluxe Queen Room

Brand new everything, bathroom nicely done. The restaurant Trevi in the lobby was top notch.

Old , no free WiFi

That there was no microwave in the room.

The bed was very comfortable and the hotel as a whole was very nice.

everything

Nice location.

Friendly, happy employees.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was a little warm even after turning down thermostat.

the room was 98 degrees upon arrival

all great, that's all, great

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great location , comfortabe rooms.

Rooms not ready until 9pm

Bed was to soft water pressure in the shower was to hard

My overall stay was nice

• Club Level Accommodations - 1 King bed

Everything was very good. I particularly liked the friendly and attentive staff.

• Club Level - 2 Double Beds

Electronic room keys did not work on several days

Great location, friendly staff, very clean room, comfortable beds. It was a perfect choice for our trip.

$21 for overnight SELF park is ridiculous!!!

Not ADA

Was not ADA as requested

N.a

Parking should be free. .not $21

The location was great- near canal boat ride, Casa del Barco restaurant, State Capital and James River. Staff was very welcoming.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Good location downtown and near running path along canal plus near a lot of restaurants.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

Staff at information location had a hard time providing good directions for other sites in Richmond - Museum of Fine Arts.

Great location!

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Price

Staff was awesome... the view from my room was amazing

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

USB charging connectors in room.

Clean and friendly

• Club Level - 2 Double Beds

The rooms are looking run down and not as clean as they use to be. Rugs were stained, shower had mildew and furniture looking worn.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Had to pay to much for a buffet for breakfast

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I could never get the internet to connect

Very comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Shuttle drivers, Akeem and Chip, were phenomenal. They went over and beyond to make sure we were all taken care of.

Love the view from my window

Convenience

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

The control to the tv.had to press the buttons hard 3-4 times for it to turn

Bed comfort

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Need a bar area.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

It feels like a bit of a boring business hotel.

The room was a good size and the beds comfortable. It was great that it's dog friendly.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

First two,sets of Room card keys did not work. Annoying.

Breakfast buffet was great. Chef knows how to work with pig.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

For $180 a night I would have expected a better view. Bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

The room was okay, i expected the bed spread to be nicer. TV could have been bigger.

Location and lobby area is beautiful.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

There wasn't anything I didn't like.

pillows, pool, and water pressure in the shower was nice and strong

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pool was too hot. Ice machine room smelled. Door was sticky to room.

Staff friendly. Helpful. Includes real gym membership