Reviews of Omni Royal Orleans Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

621 St Louis Street, French Quarter (Vieux Carré), New Orleans, LA 70130, United States of America

#20 of 148 hotels in New Orleans

5.6

• Reviewed: July 19, 2018

It was a beautiful hotel and all bell hops were good.
    • Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds

No coffee available for guests and pool bar left lot to be desired

It was a beautiful hotel and all bell hops were good. Room could have been larger and less expensive. Pool and observation deck were nice, however bar at pool leaves a lot to be desired.

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

First time in New Orleans. Visitors might want to know most restaurants require shirt sleeves .
    • European Petite Queen

Room smaller than I originally thought. Functional and clean. Confusion with booking, they thought we were staying one night versus two...billing still pending.

Staff very friendly! Security was top notch.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Wonderful stay. When we return, we will definitely stay here again.
    • European Petite Queen

The location is perfect! The hotel is 2 blocks from Bourbon St. , 2 blocks from Jackson Square and easy walking distance to the French Market and Café du Monde. The staff has been very kind and helpful. Since we are here in July, the roof top pool is important. It’s a good size pool with a nice bar area.

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Aussie stay
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds with Balcony

I called Front Desk to ask what time Breakfast started & was told 10am & on our last morning at hotel we discovered this was incorrect and unfortunately for us we had eaten elsewhere for our 3 days when we would've preferred to eat at our hotel.

This hotel is in the perfect location only 5min walk to Bourbon Street & River but still not noisy at night.

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

wish it would have been better upon arriving, we've been patronizing this hotel for 29 years
    • ADA Premier Room - 1 King Bed

hotel receptionist may have been new to the job but was not trained on good customer service

this hotel was premium at 1 time they need to become more familiar on how to deal with turnover and customers with special needs when I called i asked name of manager was ,the reception operator did't now said she was new

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

great location
    • Deluxe Queen Room

great location I unfortunately was assigned room 526 that has a connecting door with (I assume) a larger room next door. I heard every single conversation, babies crying at night and people leaving early to the airport. I really did not have a good night sleep. If you travel solo make sure they do not give you a room connected to another.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Great Hotel! Would stay again!!!
    • Premier King Room with Balcony

The showers are a bit old. In terms of I would have like to have had a walk in shower. As a handicapped person, getting in and out was difficult although they do have a bar to grab on to once you’re in the shower. Getting out however was another story, I had to have my husband come and help me climb out of the shower. To be fair, I didn’t ask if they had an accessible room. This is an older building that is very well maintained however, there are about 8 steps to get up the main lobby and the DO have a wheelchair lift. But since I don’t have a wheelchair, I felt awkward about asking them to use it for me. But I have no doubt that they would have had no problem doing so!!! Also, the bathroom and the room were and the smaller side but the balcony rooms are substantially larger.

The staff are welcoming and accommodating!! The location is central to most of the major attractions. One block from Bourbon Street, two blocks from the Steamboat Natchez, and a few blocks from Cafe Du Monde. On the same block Antoine’s is 400 feet down the street and Brennan’s the birthplace of Bananas Foster is halfway down the block make a left and 400 feet down the street. If money is not an issue the balcony is such a treat. It is a full sit on balcony. The pool was spectacular with a bar and food served as well. The Rib Room serves a fabulous breakfast. The buffet is $23 and plentiful or you can order alacarte items as well. A little pricey but impeccable service!! William, our waiter was simply amazing!!!

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

They charged my card double after telling me they would not charge it at all. No luck on refund
    • European Petite Queen

They charged my card witch I was told that wouldn’t happen and they charged it 2 times a total of $ 2200 and are no help getting it back.

Hotel was ok but they charged me double and I am having a hard time getting my money back

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Excellent location, good food and pool. Really small and unremarkable rooms.
    • Queen Room - Courtyard View

The room (courtyard queen) was extremely small. Housekeeping came at different times each day, and late (into the mid/late afternoon). Requests for additional items (ie more coffee, creamer etc for coffee pot) went unfulfilled a lot. There was a rat in the courtyard, which made us nervous to sit out there.

The breakfast in the Rib Room was wonderful. Room service was prompt. The rooftop pool was beautiful.

• Reviewed: June 20, 2018

Beautiful property, ideally located
    • European Petite Queen

They tried to charge us WiFi, on our checkout bill, we were given free WiFi on arrival, we challenged this and was refunded. The fridge was locked, we had to approach reception to see if we could store water in it overnight

Beautiful property, ideally located

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

The bed is very comfortable.
    • European Petite Queen

If you rent a car to get to the hotel it costs $48/night. Wish they would have let us know this we would have been better off taking an Uber.

The bed is very comfortable. The location is excellent and close to everything but not noisy at night. A petite queen is just that, tiny but cute.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Gorgeous Hotel with great roof top bar and observation deck - perfect location
    • Queen Room - Courtyard View

Fantastic hotel to stay in, perfect location, close enough to walk to everything we wanted, rooftop bar and pool made our afternoons very relaxing staff were great especially the bell hops who went out of their way to accomodate. Beautiful room which we were lucky to be upgraded which was a lovely bonus.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Very memorable time. We will come again.
    • ADA Premier Room - 1 King Bed

Front desk clerk told us the pool bar was closed when it wasn't.. 😢

Hotel is beautiful! Loved the roof top pool, the observation deck and the pool bar. We also had a spooky incident when the Kleenex holder on back of toilet flew across the bathroom by itself! Awesome! We slept with the lights and tv on after That! 😊

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

Better next time
    • ADA Premier Room - 1 King Bed

The room rented via Booking. com was average with only one chair at a desk and overpriced. When we had to return to the hotel for an extra night because our flight to Philadelphia was cancelled on a Sunday, we got a far better room at 80% of the Booking.com price. The initial overpricing may thus have been caused by Booking.com and not by the hotel. The breakfast buffet was substandard.

The Omni Royal Hotel has an excellent location, a small roof top pool and the staff is friendly.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

Very nice, and clean, with a romantic setting.
    • Premier King Jacuzzi Room 1 King Bed

Better bed, wasnt had but I work for a mattress company and when you say luxury bedding I know the difference. Also when you pay so much for a room parking and drinking water should be free.

Tub was enormous, room was very clean

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

It was a great stay!
    • European Petite Queen

We were missing a few items from our room. As a kind gesture they removed some money on our bill.

It was great to have a pool , bar and restaurant on location.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

It was hard getting my fiance to leave, the Omni Royal added a beautiful touch to the French Quarter
    • European Petite Queen

The bathrooms were elegant but quite claustrophobic. The toilet and sink were cut out of the same nook and quite awkward for a bigger guy like myself to use. I managed and it didnt stop me, but $200 a night at a discounted rate, I would think a normal size bathroom would be resonable.

The roof top bar, pool and observation deck were amazing, I only discovered it the second to last day of my trip. That should be front and center on the description, it was one of the best views of the French Quarter.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Great location if you don't mind the lively streets...
    • European Petite Queen

The deluxe room was really small with a small bed and a loud AC. The WIFI is very slow and expensive.

Great location if you don't mind the lively streets around the hotel.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

Great weekend in New Orleans at a great location.
    • European Petite Queen

Bathroom in my particular unit was pretty cramped.

The pool area was outstanding. The bell staff could not have been more helpful. Always a smile on their face. You could not ask for better location to stay in New Orleans. You were close to everything!

• Reviewed: April 20, 2018

Highly recommend!!
    • Jacuzzi Suite - 1 King Bed

We have waited a quite long time til our room is ready around 4pm. But other than this, everything is terrific.

Fabulous hotel. Great location. Many great restaurant in french quarter are within walking distance. The suite is wonderful and beyond expected. Staff are super friendly and helpful. Rib Room is good! Live band is there on weekend. Decoration is euro style, really special.

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

Pay Through the Nose if You Drive to the Omni Royale
    • European Petite Queen

The petite queen room was tiny and so was the bathroom. The parking is $50 a day when you add in a tip. You must have a valet park your car and you can't access it without them bringing it to you. Seems like a scam to get tips for the valets.

Great location. Nice warm, rooftop pool. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: April 14, 2018

Breakfast was very good.
    • European Petite Queen

The room was extremely small. It did not even have room for a dresser. The bathroom was the smallest I have ever seen. It was uncomfortablely small.

Breakfast was very good. The room was clean.The location was excellent

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

Perfect location in the French Quarter
    • Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds

The location of this hotel is amazing - everything in the French Quarter is in walking distance, including our bus to a plantation tour and the start of our walking tour. The hotel itself is lovely, although the rooms aren't always the quietest since Second Line bands go by the window every now and again, but I didn't mind!

• Reviewed: April 4, 2018

this is our second stay here and met our expectations from Leroy at the door to the cleaning staff,
    • European Petite Queen

The view from our room was a cement wall and rooftop

Kelly, front desk manager sent us a chilled bottle of champagne for our anniversary. So thoughtful.

• Reviewed: March 22, 2018

Great location, quiet, comfortable, and the staff is top notch.
    • ADA Premier Room - 1 King Bed

You can always tell so much more about a business when they are faced with a difficult situation. When we arrived we were informed that our room was not available due to an "engineering issue". On St. Patrick's Day weekend we arrived late at night on Friday, valeted our vehicle, and were hoping to dump our bags in the room and take in Bourbon St. Not having our room available after booking it well in advance and after confirming with the property earlier on our arrival day was extremely disappointing - however, they made sure we were well taken care of for the night and made other arrangements with a partner hotel (Loewe's). While not exactly where we wanted to stay for the night, our room was available the next day. The response by the staff during both the first night and when we were able to stay at the property definitely has left a great impression, and I will not hesitate to stay here again. The staff at Loewe's was also very accommodating and made our transition much easier during a stressful moment. *Petite queen is PETITE! Very comfortable, but definitely a squeeze for two adults that don't cuddle all night.*

The staff and location are excellent. You are a 5 minute walk from Bourbon street (maybe less) and in the heart of the French Quarter. Jackson Square and the Market District are a few blocks away. On site valet is comparable to self parking in this part of the city, and vehicles are kept on site (not a remote valet). Beautiful building, comfortable bed, very quiet for the proximity to Bourbon St,

• Reviewed: February 27, 2018

Loved how friendly and helpful the staff were (especially...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds with Balcony

The only downside was the loudness - the room walls/adjoining doors must be very thin so we could hear everything our neighbours were saying and doing which wasn't great as one night it was a rowdy party until 4am, the next night it was a crying baby around the same time. But this wasn't a huge deal.

Loved how friendly and helpful the staff were (especially the bellboys!). The facilities are great, especially the rooftop bar and pool. The best feature about the room we were in was the balcony facing the street, very cool vibes and views! The hotel was in the perfect location for us: a minute away from our favourite restaurants, Antoine's and Brennan's! Would highly recommend this place to anyone!

• Reviewed: February 27, 2018

We loved our stay overall and everything was in walking distance. The 12 check out time gave us a l
    • European Petite Queen

we have stayed at the Beau in Biloxi so we thought the room size and the small bathroom was a little let down.

the location and the staff everyone was very nice but had a little problem with our check in.

• Reviewed: February 7, 2018

Lots of Fun
    • European Petite Queen

The bed was very comfortable. Room service food was pretty good!!! I had the petite room which was fine for me but the bathroom was larger than I expected. That's a plus. Staff was very curteous and helpful.

• Reviewed: January 26, 2018

Overall it was a wonderful experience, perfect for our 3-day getaway to NOLA.
    • European Petite Queen

The only negative was the concierge recommended 2 extremely touristy breakfast spots when we asked for best breakfasts in the French Quarter. Just seemed like he put zero thought into it (We already knew those were no-go and specifically asked for something different).

Location was excellent, staff very helpful and always very friendly. Room was perfect for us and exactly as we expected.

• Reviewed: January 16, 2018

You can’t beat the location, but we were so uncomfortable while we slept and got ready at the hotel
    • European Petite Queen

The size of the room and bathroom were quite small. We could not get the room to cool off, it stayed humid and warm even though it was was very cold outside. The bed was squeaky and uncomfortable.

The convenience of the hotel. You are one block off of bourbon street and a few blocks off from Jackson square. Plenty to eat, see, and do in your area. Very friendly staff and clean hotel. Great bar downstairs.

• Reviewed: January 10, 2018

Wouldn’t recommend, especially with dogs
    • European Petite Queen

I was not pleased by my stay. We wanted to order room service and we were told the menu in the room and the menu online were wrong, so we should “just come down and order”. The hotel allows dogs, but they clearly are not actually dog friendly. Upon arriving we had to sign a waiver saying if she ruined the room, we would have to pay for the cleaning and would have to pay the room rate for every day it wasn’t open. If you aren’t actually dog friendly, don’t allow dogs, because dog owners won’t feel welcome.

The hotel was in a good area.

• Reviewed: January 4, 2018

It was enjoyable and would definitely stay there again.
    • Premier King Room with Balcony

Wi-fi was disappointing. Slow and patchy.

Bed was very comfy and the location couldn't be beat. We had a balcony room and were super pleased. A very beautiful place.

• Reviewed: December 30, 2017

Christmas in NOLA
    • Premier King Room with Balcony

Valet parking was very pricey and there were a LOT of extra taxes.

We enjoyed everything!! The hotel is beautiful, the room was comfortable, clean, and had a lovely view of the French Quarter. We even splurged on room service a couple of times and that was outstanding as well.

• Reviewed: December 17, 2017

new Orleans has plenty of other hotels that we will pick before staying at the omni again.
    • Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds

Arrived at 1230.the front informed us room would be ready after 3. We came back at 430-the gentleman states their are no rooms ready and could not give us the rooms the first person said we would get.

Front desk at the restaurant to busy on the phone to take care of walk ups. table waitress did not get food right took over 20 minutes just for coffee and oatmeal.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2017

Nice!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The deluxe room is over priced and just like the petit room I had before

The hotel is a beautiful place as I always book when staying in New Orleans. Room are very clean as well as the property.

• Reviewed: November 23, 2017

Excellent location and extremely helpful staff, but a bit cramped and no free wifi.
    • European Petite Queen

The room was smaller than expected. The bathroom was too small- we kept knocking things over trying to manoeuvre in there. The air conditioning vent needed to be cleaned. The view from my room was concrete. They need to offer free wifi. My wifi charges were eventually waived when I was advised to sign up for Omni Select membership.But this should not be necessary. When we were booking we messaged the hotel to ask what the wifi charges would be in advance and got no response. FYI Wifi cost was $9-10 PER DAY for the cheapest package and $15 for the other one. I don't think they realize how negatively the lack of free wifi affects the impression of prospective client.

Omni hotel was excellently located. 2 blocks from Bourbon Street, but not noisy at all. 2 blocks the other way to the Mississipi River and the Natchez steamboat. 2 blocks another way to Jackson Square art display, St Louis cathedral, and maybe 4 blocks from French Market. If French Quarter is what you want, Omni is your hotel. Excellent restaurant called Pierre Maspero's at the corner. Bell staff was exceptionally helpful. The bed was super comfy and clean. The bathroom was clean.

• Reviewed: November 9, 2017

Location is excellent, hotel is beautiful, staff was very...
    • European Petite Queen

Free breakfast would make it better!

Location is excellent, hotel is beautiful, staff was very nice, room clean & comfortable, probably stay here again!

• Reviewed: November 7, 2017

Overall great; would stay there again.
    • European Petite Queen

Something on Carpet between desk and bed. Pillows too hard.

Staff was GREAT! Very attentive and helpful. Both computers down in business Center. Front desk printed a document.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2017

Nice hotel amid a filthy city.
    • Premier King Room with Balcony

Why doesn’t the cleaning lady clean the balcony daily? Too, balcony in general needs a cleaning...our feet were black after walking out there one evening,

Good location and nice personnel.

• Reviewed: November 3, 2017

Had a great stay in a very interesting city with friendly people.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds with Balcony

2 nights before we left, there was a dog in the next room that barked for 4 hours.

Housekeeping was wonderful. Location was perfect. Staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: November 3, 2017

The location is great and quiet considering proximity to...
    • European Petite Queen

The room did say 'European Petite' and it meant it. There was just enough room for 1 suitcase to open and then enough room to squeeze round the bed. The bathroom was small but functional. Overall good for a weekend stay but 5 days for 2 adults with large suitcases (we'd been travelling for 2 weeks) wasn't very comfortable.

The location is great and quiet considering proximity to Bourbon Street.

• Reviewed: November 2, 2017

Overall a good experience, nice hotel, great location.
    • Premier King Room with Balcony

A front desk agent spent too much time with another and didn't at lest acknowledge me. Waited too long for a simple question to be answered. But not going to fault the hotel and experience, that one woman just needs to be more attentive.

Walking distance to a lot of activities or a short cab ride.

• Reviewed: October 28, 2017

Wonderful location. We love this city so much!
    • European Petite Queen

We tried to have dinner one night at their restaurant (The Rib Room). We called for a reservation and were told we didn’t need one. We showed up and they wouldn’t seat us (in an empty restaurant) because they weren’t seating anyone without a reservation after 8:30.

Location is the best! Miss Donna (at their Touché bar) embodies all that is New Orleans. We absolutely love her and stopping by the bar to have a drink and spend time with her is a must!!!!

• Reviewed: October 26, 2017

Very fun stay. There is alot to do within blocks.
    • European Petite Queen

Parking is exspensive. Next trip will not have a car. Not the hotels fault, all lots are expensive. Transportation is readily available.

Location is excellent. We were able to walk to everything we wanted to do.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2017

Location, location!!! Nice hotel. Can sleep withoutside noise. Felt safe here.
    • European Petite Queen

A lot of construction going on in the French quarter. But, still enjoyable.

The service of the door men was excellent, Leroy was great! Attentive staff and willing to please. Location excellent walking distance to everything. Taxis always available. Even at 5am to airport 😊

• Reviewed: October 13, 2017

It was lovely.
    • European Petite Queen

Nothing. I was very pleased with the hotel. Didn't like the cost of the shuttle to the airport, but understood that the cost isn't up to the hotel. Also I didn't like the lack of counter space in the bathrooms. The person turning out my bed every day left the tv on. I asked her once to,please turn it off when she left, but every night when I came in, the tv was on. Not a horrible issue, but an irritant.

We didn't have breakfast there.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2017

Wonderful experience and staff very friendly would return
    • Premier King Room with Balcony

There is nothing I can fault.

Central location of the hotel. We had an upgrade to the Penthouse so that was wonderful. I didnt see the room type we booked. We went out for our meals or had room service which was very good. Staff were nice and friendly and prompt.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2017

horrible. will never stay there again.
    • European Petite Queen

the room was extremely small. the bathroom was ridiculously small. the service was horrible.

the location was the only positive thing about this place.

• Reviewed: October 7, 2017

Pretty hotel, small but clean room. Close to everything in French Quarter. No free WiFi.
    • European Petite Queen

No bathtub, shower only, $10/day for internet. If you have to park it’s $42/night

Super friendly staff, beautiful decor, great location. Nice rooftop view of city.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2017

Great Location, Truly the best place to stay if you want a true New Orleans experience.
    • European Petite Queen

The internet was a chore and wasn't convenient. It's free but they make you sign up and give up your email. Be warned, I'm pretty sure they sell it to marketing companies.

Obviously you can't beat the location. We were only there for one night but it was worth the money.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2017

I would defintely stay at this property again.

Noise from outside.

King size bed was very comfortable and location was perfect. Only negative was the noise from outside but that is to be expected when staying in the French Quarter.

• Reviewed: September 24, 2017

A bit old-school, but clean and decent
    • European Petite Queen

Rooms are a bit on the small side, didn't have a lot of room to open our (pretty modest) suitcases. You can get complementary wifi, but only if you sign up to a loyalty scheme (that we're frankly never likely to use again). Also had to pay for one day of wifi in order to sign up for said scheme, which is fairly ridiculous. Finally, I don't know if it's just me, but the doors didn't seem that soundproof. I could easily hear people entering and leaving their rooms which is not ideal when you're trying to sleep.

Hotel was comfortable and clean. Staff were friendly and helpful. Location is great for cafes, bars, restaurants, any night life you could possibly want within walking distance. Also a 15 minute walk from a fairly sizeable outlet mall, if you're in the mood for a bit of discount shopping. The pool area is nice, although not particularly large considering the hotel's huge capacity, so it gets full quickly.

• Reviewed: September 18, 2017

Great view from the Roof top Observation deck, pool and bar.
    • European Petite Queen

We were on the 6th floor, A/C had a low rumble noise level. This may have been due to ground level A/C compressor unit directly below our room. Interior alcove channeled noise upward. Service carts for roof top bar and fitness room on the 7th floor starting rolling about 9:00 am. These were minor issues, did not diminish from our stay.

Great view from the Roof top Observation deck, pool and bar. Very friendly staff. The room was clean and well stocked. The bed was comfortable and the right size (Queen). We got (3) nights of restful sleep. Great location 1 block from Jackson Square.

• Reviewed: September 15, 2017

Friendliness of staff, cleanliness of rooms and pool areas.
    • European Petite Queen

A little slow to get served at the bar, but there were large groups staying in the hotel for a conference so perhaps management need to take this into account. I loved everything about this hotel.

Friendliness of staff, cleanliness of rooms and pool areas. The observation deck at the pool is fantastic.

• Reviewed: September 14, 2017

A lovely old property in a great location, but services do not match the price.
    • Premier King Room with Balcony

At check in I was told I was in a Queen bedded room, but I had a confirmed rez for a Premier king room. Front desk personnel tried to tell me that I had booked a Queen room, not a king. I showed her the confirmation for a premier king. Bottom line, hotel had no king rooms when I checked in. Valet parking too expensive at $48 per night!!! No bottled water in the room.

Breakfast buffet was very good, but bacon was over cooked.

• Reviewed: September 7, 2017

Had to leave too soon

The entire staff from the valet parking, front desk, room service, restaurant, "ALL" were courteous, kind and polite. I plan on coming back

• Reviewed: August 30, 2017

Loved the pool and the view from the top floor.
    • European Petite Queen

Parking fee was way too much! I almost died when I found out the price.

Loved the pool and the view from the top floor. bed was comfortable and staff very friendly.

• Reviewed: August 29, 2017

All was great except for the parking....
    • European Petite Queen

It was advertised that your parking was free. When I checked in I was charged $47.00 per night to park. I was told that free parking applied to other locations of Omni but not at this one. this was a "bait and switch" tactic and I did not appreciate this misleading ad.... It cost me another $150 for the three days I stayed. also...this drinks at the hotel were too expensive....

The hotel was clean and historically beautiful in all respects. The location of it in the French Quarter was great.

• Reviewed: August 9, 2017

Very nice hotel located within French Quarter
    • Deluxe Queen Room

There were conversations in the hallway late night/early morning and the noise was disturbing. This occurred outside the three rooms located near the rooftop pool.

The Omni Royal Orleans Hotel was conveniently located near center of the French Quarter. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. There were always plenty of taxis available at the front door. The Deluxe Queen room was roomy with nice bathroom and seventh floor views were nice. The bar and restaurant were very good for dinner - steak was especially good.

Very good location.
    • European Petite Queen

The "view" looked straight at a solid,windowless wall and "overlooked" the hotel's HVAC infrastructure. Worst room view ever. Room was small, but OK, but the bathroom facilities were particularly cramped (except for the shower, which was fine).

Very good location. Excellent rooftop amenities: pool, fitness center, bar, spectacular view.

Nice but noisy.
    • European Petite Queen

We got a room that had a door to the adjoining room where other guests were staying (a big family). The door, of course, was closed and locked, but there was a 1-2 inch gap at the bottom of the door that allowed huge amounts of noise to be heard between the rooms.

Beautiful lobby and good rooftop pool.

Service, Comfort, History and Ambiance spells Omni Royal Orleans Hotel
    • Queen Room - Courtyard View

You had to call ahead for the breakfast buffet.

The Omni Royal lived up to its reputation. From the moment I stepped out of my taxi I was treated as If I was a long lost friend of the Omni. Every staff associate was wonderful and professional. My room was a pleasant surprise. More than imagined. Please add TCM Turner Classic Movies to your TV lineup. Wonderful comfortable bed! I loved the history of the hotel and how knowledgeable your staff is about this historic landmark. My home, as is the Omni, registered on the National Historic Register and that pleases me. It is well deserved. Service, Comfort, History, and Ambiance perfectly describes the staff and the Omni Royal Orleans Hotel.

Location location location!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Queen bed room is very small and is actually a double, not a queen. Beds are very soft so be prepared to wake up with back pain.

Location location location! There is a nice rooftop pool and lounge with city views.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

Great place to stay.
    • European Petite Queen

Just wished the bathroom was a little larger. We stayed in room 659. Only one person at a time would fit in it.

Loved the location and the hotel. The pool and exercise area is beautiful. The bed was very comfortable. Very quiet for location.

• Reviewed: August 2, 2017

Best place to stay in New Orleans
    • Deluxe Queen Room

This hotel was amazing!! I couldn't find the garage at first so I called the front desk while driving the block again and they were extremely nice and told me how to get there. The people in the garage greeted us and and the bellhop that took us to our room was friendly and we had a good conversation. The room smelled great and was very clean. The bathroom was great for two people. The supplied robes in the closet were comfortable for our trip to the rooftop pool. By the way, the view from the roof was amazing!!! And the location could not be better. You can walk anywhere you want to go and stumble your way back. Lol I will definitely stay here again!!

• Reviewed: July 31, 2017

Lovely staff, lobby and location, but a no frills experience.
    • European Petite Queen

Stayed the first week in July. We were in an old room, with an outdated bath and tub, right next to meeting rooms, looking out onto scaffolding. The pool was packed with kids in diapers. The water container in the lobby was filled once in the morning and never again. We got a great rate through booking.com and the experience was like a budget motel.

The location is perfect. The lobby is lovely and the staff are very helpful.

• Reviewed: July 30, 2017

Another Royal Fourth of July experience
    • European Petite Queen

As usual we felt like a king and queen staying here! Its a perfect getaway spot for an ultimate 5 star relaxing time from the rooftop pool, for dining, vip parking options to down comforters on the bed. Even the basic rooms are luxurious! Did not have breakfast but the dinner was great. Some of the best shrimp n grits I've ever had and the rib came off a dinosaur, lol! The food was to be delivered while we were attending fireworks no food when we got back so the manager brought food our personally. Our door was hard to open staff thought it was locked.

• Reviewed: July 28, 2017

Had a great stay at the Omni Royal Orleans Hotel.
    • European Petite Queen

The size of the room was smaller than I expected but we didn't spend much time in the room (too busy seeing the sights) so it wasn't really an issue.

The room was very clean and luxurious (although on the small side). Bathroom was very clean with high end toiletry items provided and nice thick towels. The hotel was located near lots of restaurants and bars (from $ to $$$ ratings) and famous NOLA sights. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to see, but taxis, street cars and horse drawn carriages were readily available if wanted.

• Reviewed: July 26, 2017

A great location and good service in the French Quarter!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Rooms were very nice, bathroom was a little small- but well done, but the rooftop pool sold the place! A great way to cool off at the end of the day in the French Quarter!

• Reviewed: July 26, 2017

Great place to stay in the French Quarter
    • Premier King Room

Rooms were small but it is an old building.

Service was great. Bell staff and front desk staff were very accommodating when we arrived at the hotel well before check in time.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2017

Never eat at hotel restaurants
    • European Petite Queen

Hotel restaurant was awful. We had burnt gumbo for lunch. I'll never understand how anyone can burn gumbo or serve it that way when Louisiana is known for its gumbo!

Location is convenient.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2017

Super comfortable room with King size bed.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Extra cost for mini bar drinks and snacks.

Super comfortable room with King size bed. Awesome balcony with view of St. Louis street. Amazing rooftop pool and observation deck.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2017

Love the pool !!!
    • European Petite Queen

When we arrived they said they upgraded us from a petite queen to a king ---well right across the door was an ice machine and very close to that was a door to the pool and some guests were Extremely rude and loud -- not the hotels fault of course ! I'm wondering if Our original petite queen room would have been in a quieter location😌

• Reviewed: July 3, 2017

The room was a little small and through booking.
    • European Petite Queen

The room was a little small and through booking.com I didn't get to pick if there was a balcony and I would have gotten that if the option was there

• Reviewed: June 30, 2017

Great Experience!

Well, it's HOT in NOLA in the summer! 😉

The staff were wonderful! This was a special occasion for us, and they made it even more special after they found out why we were there. The location is perfect, and we thoroughly enjoyed our trip. We plan to return to the Royal Orleans again!

Browse Omni Royal Orleans Hotel Traveler Photo Gallery