Reviews of Omni Shoreham Hotel 4 stars

2500 Calvert Street NW, Northwest, Washington, DC 20008, USA

#79 of 138 hotels in Washington

4.8

• Deluxe Room 2 Double Beds

The bathroom was very small, which is not unusual in an older building. I was happy with more floor space in the living area and not so concerned with the small bathroom given there was a powder room where bathroom items could be set.

Hotel exceeded our expectations. Each room was different, which was interesting. We were upgraded to a wonderful room that had excess floor space, a walk-in closet and was very comfortable.

• Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

It was okay. Rooms are a little bit old but spacious, clean and comfortable. The beds are really good. Bathroom a little bit small. I liked the fitness center and pool area. It i close to the Zoo, but far away from international dulles airport.

• Deluxe Room 2 Double Beds

Upon entrance to the hotel, I had just gotten out of the car coming from Virginia Beach, therefore I had on a sleeveless T shirt and cargo shorts. While I was at the front desk, the receptionist warned me that my profile had suggested I need to be reminded that the room was non-smoking. He insinuated that I had smoked in a hotel room in the past, which wouldn't make sense as I am not a smoker. His attitude was a bit condescending and he directed us to our rooms. We soon discovered that our room was on the lowest floor of the lowest section of the hotel in the Parkview section, which was disappointing after having specifically requested to have the highest room possible during our stay. On our second day, a hotel staff member noted that we could use the pool 24/7 and that the hotel key card would gain us access. Later that night, we tried to gain entrance to the pool only to find this to be untrue. We spent lots of money to stay in such a lovely hotel, but didn't feel as though we were treated as a lovely guest.

The history of the hotel was super awesome! We loved the stately design of the hotel and the grounds. There are quite a few history lessons, some chilling, to learn while walking around the hotel.

• Deluxe Room 2 Double Beds

Cost a lot of money comare to pay for parking lots, pay for movies, no microwaves, no refrigerated, etc.. won’t be back to stay this hotel!! So regret to book this hotel!

Have the pool

• Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

We would have preferred self parking rather than valet which was all that is offered and we thought was a bit pricey. The bar and restaurant were also a bit pricey, but good service.

Beautiful grounds with garden areas to take walks around or simply sit away from everything and relax. The common areas inside were elegant, reminiscent of Las Vegas resorts. The room was larger than most hotel rooms, clean & comfortable, though a bit dated. All the staff that we encountered were very pleasant and helpful.

• Deluxe Room (1 Bed)

Human nasal waste (seriously !!!) in the bathroom sink, urine stains on the floor tiles, no sugar with the coffee service. It took 45 minutes to get a wifi connection, and that with the help of 3 hotel staff persons. Breakfast was ok, though 20 minutes in line to get a freshly-made omelette was a bit much, and no attention at table from the wait-staff was inexcusable. Finally, the room itself was 1/2 hallway, half sleeping area, so basically, a shoe box. Even for one person, it was cramped. Overall not good value at all.

Staff are amazing !

• Deluxe Room 1 King Bed

The rooms were very outdated, the bathroom was tiny (I was in the King Suite) and there was dust on certain surfaces to indicate that it hadn't been wiped in weeks. Also there was a stain on my Duvet that had to be changed.

It was very comfortable and the staff was very accommodating. The grounds were well kept and nostalgic. The location of the hotel was also a plus....it was so close to everything and everywhere you wanted to be in DC. I would recommend this hotel, just make sure you check the room for cleanliness. If its not up to par, the staff will happily accommodate.

• Deluxe Room (1 Bed)

In my first room, the AC DIDNT WORK, the small cooler didn’t work. First two nights were sleepless because it was too warm. I couldn’t get any coffee creamer although I made several requests. Finally complained to supervisor who moved me to an upgraded suite, everything worked and I was happy.

Location was awesome. Staff was very good.

• Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

1. The call-in process to request car from valet service; didn't work . 2. first time didn't go thru, 2nd time electronic system said 'your car will be ready in 7 minutes, valet desk kept saying 'it will be here any minute,' all the while the key had been thrown on the desk, took at least 20 minutes to finally find the car after repeatedly asking. Disappointing.

elevator worked pretty well, in spite of there being too few for the number of rooms (West Promenade.

• Deluxe Room 2 Double Beds

The set up for coffee in the morning were missing items each morning and had to call twice to get items. Wifi was charged when told it wasn't going to be and had to ask it be taken off the total bill. The staff is pleasant and always accommodating.

• Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

Room service was lack luster, the options and servings were not remotely worth the price paid. The eggs and toast were dry and the potatoes overly oily. The staff also continually knocked on our door to pick up the cart, the point of breakfast in bed is to enjoy and take your time. Also the fact that there was zero USB plug options, and even the one on the TV was off limits, was a hindrance in such a modern world.

Location!

• Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

Had and incident at breakfast place. I was ignored the whole time. Looks like all other guests were having theirs needs meet without them asking however I had to find someone and asked him/her to get me something and you can see that they were doing it with a fringe in their face like they really don’t want to serve me. I was disappointed.

Nice location. Concierge is really nice and friendly. Good food. Nice bed and really well cleaned. Room well cleaned. Staff is really nice.

• Deluxe Room 1 King Bed

You could tell some parts of room hadn’t been cleaned, the door struggled mightily to lock from the outside, the bath took a long time to warm up and didn’t stay hot long, and the window curtains were a little to transparent that my partner felt a little uncomfortable being only on second floor. View from room was also sub par. I had selected a higher room but was only 2nd floor.

Lobby was beautiful

• Deluxe Room 1 King Bed

They took all my money and over charged me I had to check out after one night Instead of the Two that I had booked. I will NEVER stay at ANY Omni hotel again. They ruined my whole weekend in DC and all they wanted to offer was $50 food and beverage after taking $400 from my account.

n/a

the property has many amenities, such as the pool, and garden with enough space is available for you to walk with your your family. restaurants are walking distance as well as the metro is you would like to get around the city.

• Deluxe Room (1 Bed)

Thanks staff could be more helpful

I had to ask the maid to clean our room. The night staff was not friendly or helpful at all. We also had to carry our luggage because it was left in the lobby for 1 hour.

• Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

$50 to park. Should be on your website. Would not have booked if I had known that. We were at far end of building, major walk from elevator. No complimentary coffee available in room. No fridge. Mandatory Valet parking only. No vending machines. No room service after midnight. Don't come hungry, you're out of luck. Small bathroom, not for any large person, unless you don't have to use the bathroom. Dressing room larger than bathroom

Nice shower

• Deluxe Room 2 Double Beds

1- They use Chromecast for their TVs and you have to have an IT degree to set up streaming from your device. Which will work once every 100 times. So if you're a fan of watching YouTube or Netflix forget it.

• Deluxe Room 2 Double Beds

Historical and elegant hotel! Extremely friendly front desk staff, large comfortable bedrooms and several options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also the lovely Marquee lounge for cocktails.

• Deluxe Room 2 Double Beds

I was sad because this had once been a romantic hotel for us, but this return trip soured my experience about the hotel. The bed was sagging and uncomfortable, the blankets were not warm enough and housekeeping didn’t bring any more even after asking. They only had a measley throw blanket on top of one blanket and 2 sheets. The wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling, there weren’t enough amenities offered for the amount of money we were paying. The pillows were hard and uncomfortable. There was a huge gap in door frame from the hallway letting light spill in and we had to open the closet door to cover the gap.

The view was nice, the kids liked the pool, and it was quiet for sleeping. The hotel lobby was beautiful too.

• Deluxe Room 1 King Bed

Very busy. Room was not ready till after check on time. Lobby was a zoo. Despite paying so much, they do not even have coffee in the room The Peets on the property served decaf instead of regular coffee Very poor value for money

• Classic Suite 2 Queen Beds

Spacious rooms. Beautiful lobby. Very helpful staff. Great outdoor swimming pool. Minor problem upon checking in (room not ready and we were promised a text to tell us when it was ready, but the text wasn’t sent); the hotel immediately gave us a $75 credit for food and drink (we appreciated this great service in response to what was a very minor matter)

• Deluxe Room 1 King Bed

The heater/ air conditioner in the room was extremely loud. Even after requesting twice at the reception to fix it, no action was taken :( Had to sleep in an extremely cold, uncomfortable room for 7 nights!

• Deluxe Room (1 Bed)

Breakfast was free in the past. Stayed there several times. You have started charging about $24.00 for it now. Caught me by surprise.

Love the buffet breakfast.

• Deluxe Room (1 Bed)

Breakfast is expensive - Need a 'small' version. Weak coffee. Would like more light in bathroom. Was disappointed that my gold guest 'extra' (free breakfast) wasn't honored.

Always the ambiance. Large comfortable rooms with desk space. Workout area is clean and well-appointed, a nice option is the in-house massage.

• Deluxe Room 1 King Bed

The air conditioner in the room was very loud. And the thermostat clicked very loudly every time it stated up. In room coffee service was almost unusable because it was a challenge to find a place to put it and plug it in. The bathroom was nice and clean but VERY cramped. There was no extra seating for in-room guests.

Atmosphere throughout oozed luxury, but you DO pay for that experience. The restaurants were wonderful. I loved the doormen and valets. All the staff was instantly attentive every time they encountered a guest.

• Deluxe Room (1 Bed)

room was a big let down. very basic, bed not inviting and bad view

nice looking restaurant, bar and outdoor grounds. a pool! and friendly, knowledgeable concierge. also good resto options outside the hotel grounds. highly recommend the corner diner for their food and chill ambience.

• Deluxe Room 2 Double Beds

Hptel is a bit old, Need some maintenance. For example, shower facility is old and is fixed on the top. Door card often does not work.

-Friendly and helpful reception persons - metro stop nearby - a lot of restaurants nearby - room size is good

• Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

Check in. I checked in online and the keys were supposed to be on the keyboard but they were not . Had to wait over 15 minutes to get to desk agent.

The hotel is a stunning property. The lobby and chandeliers are gorgeous as well as the furniture . I loved the back terrace with fire pit and fairy lights. Very inviting! Rooms were very clean although trim in bathroom could use sprucing . I would stay again anytime I am in DC😁😴

• Deluxe Room 2 Double Beds

Not too much food within walking distance and far from monuments and museums. Hot tub and pool was closed

Hotel was beautiful and the rooms were really large staff was friendly

• Deluxe Room 2 Double Beds

We were put on the first floor of the park view building. It was a corner room. I had no view of the park. I had a view of a brick wall. The bathroom had a sulphur smell. Toilet would constantly flush on its own. Very noisy toilet. Then on the 2nd day at the hotel we left the room by 10:00 am to sightsee all day. We didn't get back into our room till after dinner, at 9:00pm. Our room had not been cleaned or serviced at all. Wet towels on floor, beds not made, no tissues and garbage still in trash can. Could not believe my eyes. We called housekeeping and they came to service the room at 9:30pm. When we asked why they didn't service it earlier they said they were understaffed and missed our room. We went to front desk to complain and they removed the $9.95 WIFi charge. A free breakfast would of been great the next day but they didn't offer that to us. Keep in mind we are a family of four with young children. We had to leave the room at 9:30pm so they could clean it. Very frustrating . Overall I would not recommend staying at this hotel. Not worth the money. I've stayed in better hotels in DC. Avoid it at all cost.

• Deluxe Room 2 Double Beds

My daughter caught a really bad cold and stayed in the room one day while my son and I went sightseeing - the hotel staff brought her water, chicken noodle soup and crackers. All free of charge - very thoughtful!

• Queen Room

$52 for parking???? That is ridiculous.. we parked on the street (we got lucky with a spot) but had to move the car by 9am the next day..

Very friendly staff and overall nice room

• Classic Suite - 1 King Bed

The desk staff is very untrained in their job. My room was not ready upon checkin. My luggage took over 40 minutes to get to my room, only after I went back down to ask why my luggage was not brought to my room.....the answer I received was front desk did not give them my luggage ticket. This all made me miss my business dinner. I was told by the assistant manager on arrival that my comfort dog was not allowed in the room that I reserved and pets were only allowed on the first and second floors. I stated that I stayed In this hotel in February with my comfort dog and I was assigned a room on the fourth floor. I called the hotel and told them I would be traveling with my comfort dog and that seemed to be all right at the time until I arrived.

Robert’s restrauant great food and service.

• Deluxe Room 1 King Bed

The bed was very comfortable and the hotel is beautiful. Very friendly staff. Lots of good restaurants within walking distance. Close to Metro station. We will definitely stay here again.

• Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

Only one elevator operational. Also valet parking was very expensive, about 25% of one nights costs!

I liked the sauna at the spa / gym that was included in the hotel price. Pool was nice too’

Free WiFi only available in Hotel lobby. WiFi in Room requires either 10$ per day or membership in Omni loyalty program - but it proved impossible to enter this membership online via the hotel's WiFi, despite several attempts.

Good location, close to metrorail station and parkway road. Relatively quiet street, still close enough to city center. Several good external restaurants adjactant to metro station.

• Deluxe Room 2 Double Beds

I didn’t like the fact that there is only valet parking, since it costs $52 per day. Breakfast if $27 per person if you choose to have breakfast at the Robert’s restaurant in the main lobby. They offer what you would normally get from a free breakfast from a Marriott or A Hilton Double Tree. There is no microwave and no fridge. It does have a small little cooler. I also didn’t like that one of our double/queen bed makes noise everytime you sit down on the bed andfet up. I think maybe there is a problem with that springbox or something. One of the day, our housekeeping put a flat sheet on one of the bed instead of a fitted sheet, so that was annoying as well. The hotel is also called itself a luxuru jotel but the wallpaper on the wall was peeling off at several areas. One of the white bath towels has a large grayish spot on it. The hallway is kind of smelly, not the good old smell but the bad old smell like when you walk in a thift store smell. The elevators are small and slow as well. There aren’t that many floors, yet, it takes a while for elevator to open up when you want it.

The door people were nice. The lobby looks nice. The receptionist at check in and checkout and concierge were pleasant to deal with. The valet and the guy whose stand at the stand in charge of the luggage were not always nice, rude sometimes. The location is nice. It is close to a bunch of places to eat. It is also close to the metro and zoo. The ground also looks nice thought it was cold in march so we didn’t get a chance to really enjoy it.

• Queen Room

bathroom doors need to be updated. our handle fell off a few times.. also there need to be more power outlets closer to the beds

their breakfast buffet is the stuff of legend.. and the dinning room is so pleasant to eat in

• Deluxe Room 1 King Bed

We didn't get the room we booked! We got a shoe box room next to the mechanical room for the same price of $300 and it smelled like burning oil and ashes the whole time. Not fun!

Customer service and crab cakes were amazing!

I paid over $500 a night for this hotel and nothing was complimentary. You had to pay for EVERYTHING. We spent a lot of time dining in the restaurant because we have a kid and it was convenient. The prices were pretty high for the quality of food. My daughters burger came out hard as a. Rock as if it were microwaved. I ordered an $18 steak salad that had a great description but the steak was tough and cold and flavorless. The weight staff were a bit rude. So we basically paid for two meals a day for an entire family out of convenience. Definitely not because it was delicious. We also had a mouse in our room. We mentioned it to the staff and the manager offered us wine and cheese which I thought was a bit funny 🐭. The rooms were drafty and cold.

The facility is beautiful and old fashioned and for the most part comfortable. The training rooms for the conference were pretty.

• Deluxe Room 2 Double Beds

I wish the gym was a little bigger. But still a good gym despite its size.

I loved the staff and the layout of the lobby. Very nice. And I loved the 24 hour access to the gym.

• Deluxe Room 2 Double Beds

I didn’t like the parking situation. You should make that known during the reservation process. $160 a night and I still have to pay for WiFi, movies and music on the TV? That’s absolutely absurd.

The only thing I can say that I liked is that it was a beautiful hotel once I got in.

Unfriendly air staff at breakfast in spite of having reservations or a table at breakfast had to wait ten minutes. Noise in hallway at night, bathroom too small. Loud AC in room. After checking out it took over Thirty minutes to get my vehicle.

The comfort of the bed

• Deluxe Room 1 King Bed

Parking cost entirely too much 56$ per night per car. If you don't pay for parking, you have to find parking on surrounding streets (almost impossible to find legal parking) Room service/ food prices were very pricey Didn't honor late checkout Elevator very small

The room service food was very nice. Housekeeping was amazing Very polite Very Comfortable bed Decent bathroom Walk-in Closet Nice tv Spacious

• Deluxe Room 2 Double Beds

Our room was next to the AC units, so it was a bit annoying for a while, but not terrible. I assume it's just the part of the 1st floor that has this problem

It's a beautiful hotel. Good location. The price was right.

• Deluxe Room 1 King Bed

Lack of free wifi in the guest rooms.

I only stayed at the hotel for one night, but it was a great stay. Overall, the staff was very friendly and helpful. I had a massage at the spa, which was small and simple but it did the trick. I think it's ridiculous that you have to pay for wifi when you're already paying so much for a room - how is free wifi not standard at these nice hotels by now? Besides that, no major complaints. All in all a beautiful old hotel in a fantastic location.

• Deluxe Room (1 Bed)

The coffee machine made weak and undrinkable coffee. The online photo was really not representative of the size of the room. We would have been fine if it had been a normal photo of a normal size room, but it gave us unrealistic expectations of the room's size.

The room was lovely. Very elegant, and attractive. Loved the walk in closet, and honestly every thing else about it.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Deluxe Room (1 Bed)

Very, very small bathroom. There was no place to put anything and the cold air came right through the window which is where the toilet is. Also. there is no tv channel guide available. It is supposed to be accessed through tv remote, but it didn't work.

Friendly staff. Quiet. Close to the National Zoo and National Cathedral.

• Deluxe Room (1 Bed)

t wasn't clear if the wifi was free or not. I connected on the lobby wifi until I managed to connect to the free wifi. They could improve the clarity of this service.

I

• Deluxe Room 2 Double Beds

The hot/cold water system in the bathtub/shower was a bit dated. It was impossible to have hot water on a low running level. And one staff- a lady- seemed a bit formal and arrogant — or tired. But maybe she just had a bad day...

• Deluxe Room 2 Double Beds

The Omni is a favorite of mine. I love the neighborhhood, the proximity to the Metro station and easy access to Ronald Reagan airport and downtown. The hotel staff is wonderful and the facilities, although old, are beautiful, very comfortable and clean.

Nothing!!!

Upon arrival, the receptionist offered us an upgrade at no extra cost since the hotel had availability. We obtained a very big and bright room with 2 queen beds! We were 2 adults and 2 kids (8 year old girl, 6 year old boy). The kids loved the gift bags given by the receptionist and enjoyed it content (activity book, crayons, binoculars, go fish...) As adults we loved the familial and warm atmosphere of the hotel, very multicultural!

• Deluxe Room (1 Bed)

Wifi Had to join the customers club to get free wifi access, but I couldn't get none of my gadgets connected after all. DNS server error or something. I was charged for wifi but when I complained the charge was refunded.

Christmas decorations were beautiful

• Deluxe Room 2 Double Beds

The restaurant was way overpriced with a poor breakfast. The food at the bar was good. Often had to wait for elevators. I was here for 5 nights and it was fine until the last 2 when hundreds of high schoolers were attending some kind of Congress conference. They were loud, seemed unsupervised, and did not quiet down until well after 1am which made it very difficult to sleep even though I asked them to quiet down and eventually reported it to the front desk. Internet was $10-15 a day. Hotel is old and a bit outdated but I didn't mind as the beds were comfy and the room was clean.

The location was good for a conference next door at the Marriott. The rooms were huge and spacious and beds were comfortable. I liked having a mini-fridge and coffee in the room. The lounge was beautiful though. UPS business center did quick, good printing for my conference needs. Cleaning staff was friendly.

• Deluxe Room 2 Double Beds

The hotel was experiencing problems with hot water and no nobody warned at the arrival. The next day there was no hot water for a shower. It took a long time for the front desk to answer my calls. No use. Spoke with the manager. No use. The initial excuse was "high demand" of hot water. Not sure what it means. Later the manager confirmed that the hotel was having a hot water problem. Am disapponted.

• Deluxe Room 2 Double Beds

The elegance of the Omni Shoreham was delightful and made our stay extra special. We ordered room service and needed extra blankets and the staff was wonderful and immediately responsive. Food was a 10!

• Deluxe Room (1 Bed)

While the room was small, it was very comfortable! The bathroom and amenities were very nice. The food at Roberts Restaurant was also very good and reasonably priced.

• ADA Deluxe Room 1 King Bed

The hotel looks fabulous from outside - but the room (inspite of being huge) are completely ‘old’ - windows do not close properly, you can hear the neighbour’s shower, big pangs when water is running etc. Lights damaged.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Room (1 Bed)

The air-conditioning was so noisy that I turned it off completely. The automatic light in the wardrobe did not work effectively and it was frustrating to see what I wanted to wear. The other lights in the room did not work well either. I expected a few more bathroom items such as shower cap and earbuds/cotton buds. I am still amazed that free guest wifi is not available - the free wifi in the lobby was substandard.

Roomy accommodation close to our conference venue and other places of interest such as the zoo, shopping and restaurants. The pillows were very soft and, in general, it was a quiet location. Stately public areas that have stood the test of time well. Attentive doormen and concierge staff. Easy check out process.

• Deluxe Room (1 Bed)

The room I was staying had water coming out of the air conditioner, which is really boring! So I couldn't stand near the window. The prices where really high and no breakfast included!

The old style design and kindness of the staff. Nice view at the backside

• ADA Deluxe Room 1 King Bed

Paid wifi. Joined Select Guest option to get free wifi.

Hotel is an Historic Building and was lovely. My only criticisms would be that it didn't have enough elevators and it was easy to get turned around in the building when trying to get to different meeting rooms. Staff were very helpful with building directions. Pool area was terrific, exercise room was nice.

• Deluxe Room 1 King Bed

only criticism is they they didn’t have a family changing room/showers by the pool

Super friendly and accommodating staff — gorgeous art deco historical property AND our room was massive. Great breakfast buffet and all the amenities, shops were open until 11, bar til 1:00 AM. I’ve stayed in some fancy hotels and I would rate this one of my faves, US and abroad,

• ADA Deluxe Room 1 King Bed

The noisy air conditioning unit the old fashioned bathroom the delay experienced in getting hot water for shower

The spaciousness of the rooms The location close proximity to Metro and restaurants

• Deluxe Room 1 King Bed

Bed was ok but not like the dream beds at Westin.

Location walking distance to restaurants and zoo and on walking trail. Pool and grounds. Good size room.

• Deluxe Room 1 King Bed

There were problems with an Amazon package delivery which was finally concluded as missing/stolen.

The hotel has a fantastic old time feel. It is very conveniently located though certainly not a walking distance to the centre. Breakfast great albeit a bit pricey. Would come again!

• Deluxe Room 1 King Bed

Parking is only available via valet (which is 49 dollars a day) there is no option to self park. Room was great, comfortable and roomy, but the bathroom was very small.

It was very clean and the property is beautiful inside and out. The staff was super friendly. Location is convenient to food, sights, and the metro.

• Deluxe Room 2 Double Beds

It would be better to provide guests with free wi-fi. There is a deposit of $100, which we did not know in advance. Parking is expensive ($49 for night).

We booked a quadruple room for one night, the hotel is ideal for such purposes. We were pleasantly surprised by the price for such luxurious hotel. Besides, we enjoyed the courtyard with fountain. The staff quickly issued the check in and check out. You can quickly reach the main attractions of the city. I can strongly recommend "Open City" cafe for your breakfast, located across the street.

• Deluxe Room (1 Bed)

Had to wait for checking in. Only one staff was available. Also the breakfast was not included in the package

Love the ambience of the hotel, open welcoming lobby

• Deluxe Room 2 Double Beds

We called the front desk to bring 2 extra pillows to our room. It took them good one hour after 1 visit to the front desk and 2 phone calls. The buffet is way too expensive to eat.. "waffle/omelette"!station takes way too long to get the food. There were 2 chefs but it didn't help as much.. the people who take you to the table were rude and very snobby, even rolled their eyes on me when we requested to change the seats. We were paying customers, I wish they don't treat us that way. I complained this to the hotel. All they did was sent me the appolozy email, stating that they will work on the issues I mentioned and use as their training material. REALLY?? Again, we paid to stay there. I was so not happy with overall!!!!

Impressive entrance decor. People work at the buffet are very hard working and nice people! Walking distance to the zoo. There are bunch of restaurants around the hotel.

• Deluxe Room (1 Bed)

One staff member who answered the phone in the evening and did not seem to comprehend a basic request hence neccesitating several further calls. She would greatly benefit from training. OurvThe issue was rectified.

Lovely setting with history Perfect location Friendly and helpful staff. With the exception of one irritation. This was our second stay. We returned because of the previous positive experience and would do so again.

• ADA Deluxe Room 1 King Bed

My, wife and I traveled here to celebrate our birthdays with our 8 year old daughter. The hotel property is beautiful with a large resort pool and hot tub. The interior design reminds me of a Taj Mahal. The front desk staff was very friendly and even surprised us several times for our birthday's during our stay. The on site restaurant staff are also very friendly and professional and they offer an extensive buffet brunch daily. One of the waiters even spent a few minutes sharing some of the history of the hotel's development in D.C.

• Deluxe Room (1 Bed)

More signs to auditoriums, presentation rooms and exhibition hall would have been helpful.

Big room, comfortable bed. Online check-in and -out very convenient. Pool is a bit shallow but perfect after a long day.

• Deluxe Room 1 King Bed

The internet wasn't free . We've been to worse hotels and we had internet even in our room, free of charge. Also the 49$ / day for parking, i found it a bit too expensive. And the area doesn't have parking spaces so you are kind of left without a choice. If you are planning on visiting, i recommend you come without a car. The hopon-hop off bus goes near the hotel and you can use it to visit the area.

the room, the location, the staff ; everything was wonderful.

• ADA Deluxe Room 1 King Bed

Often a wait at the elevator to go down to the lobby.

Pool area was brilliant with pool bar. Exquisite room and lobby area. Luxury at affordable prices.