Reviews of Omni William Penn Hotel 4 stars

530 William Penn Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA

#9 of 62 hotels in Pittsburgh

• Deluxe Room - One King Bed

I'm not sure if there was an error on the hotel's end or booking.com's end, but there was much confusion at our check in. I'd reserved more than one room. The hotel could find the reservation for my son and DIL, but couldn't find mine. It took a while but I was finally able to find an email with verification for both rooms.

The hotel is a beautifully maintained, elegant older hotel. It's in a convenient location if one desires to experience downtown Pittsburgh.

• Deluxe Room - One Queen Bed

Paying for Wi-Fi seems like a mistake. More history displays, even docents and tours would be good.

The breakfast buffet was fresh and varied. Excellent eggs and sauage, good cheese. Probably the best I have seen. Not cheap. About 25$. But worth it. The history of the hotel is well told in a number of displays and I especially enjoy such stories. The interior decoration is classic.

• Deluxe Room - Two Double Beds

Air condition is under current, so it really doesn't cool the room well. During our travel, it was hot and humid outside, and the air condition did not adequately keep the room cool. The bathroom is somewhat small.

Location and the breakfast was good, nights were quiet in the room.

• Deluxe Room - One King Bed

The only issue was a slow draining bathtub.

The staff was very friendly! The hotel was convenient to locations within walking distance. The hotel itself was very nice!

• Deluxe Room - One Queen Bed

couldn't seem to regulate the heat in our room. was a bit too warm. but otherwise room was awesome!

bed was so comfy. nachos in the tap room were outstanding!!

• Deluxe Room - Two Double Beds

No free WiFi, without signing up for their loyalty club, a bit pricey, but expected for a downtown hotel.

Comfortable beds and beautiful historic building. Located centrally in the city.

• Premier Room - One King Bed

Although it was advertised and I mentioned needing airport shuttle service in the comments of my reservation, they do not offer any type of airport shuttle service. We didn’t find that out until our arrival.

Wonderful staff.

• Deluxe Room - One Queen Bed

Wifi. I asked before using it and I was told to use the "Deluxe" option, which is the free one. I did not use the "Premium" option (I mean, I never pressed that option), but they charged me $9.98 anyway (and it was charged for my first day, although I checked in in the evening). Besides, during my stay I was offline most of the time.

• Deluxe Room - Two Double Beds

Outdated - toilet seat was nasty and ripped - mattresses weren’t covered with mattress cover to prevent bed bugs - no ventilation in the bathroom - room was just okay, I would expect more from a 4.5 star hotel.

• Deluxe Room - One King Bed

As a select member I got the room right next to elevator and the bed was situated right on same wall as elevator shaft

Staff were very friendly, location was amazing.

• Deluxe Room - One King Bed

Having to pay to use the business center (which was one computer), and having to pay for wifi. There was also a miscommunication about checkout times and was almost charged an extra fee because if it. Luckily staff worked with me and cleared up the mishap so that didnt happen.

All the staff was super friendly and nice, and the atmosphere is great. The rooms were clean and very comfortable.

• Deluxe Room - One Queen Bed

Non Friendly front desk staff. Someone had been sitting on my bed prior to me checking in. I thought given the Hotel was so vacant a better type of room would be offered. My room was next to the elevator shaft. The shower faucet was broken and coming loose from the wall. There is only 1 bottle of water in the room.

• Premier Room - Two Double Beds

Bathroom was okay..toilet flushing wasn't great and shower head had alot of calcium build up...Have to say it was a little gross

Great fast front desk

• Deluxe Room - One Queen Bed

Room wasn’t cleaned until early evening. It took 20 minutes of running the water to finally get hot water. Front desk staff couldn’t answer any questions. They wouldn’t give me a receipt. Said I had to contact my provider that I booked from. But I paid them directly.

The doormen were helpful and wonderful

• Deluxe Room - One King Bed

Congestion in front of hotel when checking in and out. Narrow street doesn't help.

Great location for downtown Pittsburgh. The property is beautiful, classic architecture. Accommodations are clean, staff very helpful and friendly.

• Deluxe Room - One King Bed

The room was very dark. The bathroom was smaller than a closet. The room was old and tired looking. The was no evening turndown of the bed. The valet parking was super expensive; it costs less to park at Pebble Beach than it did at the Omni.

• Deluxe Room - Two Double Beds

Bathroom is small - the toilet is low to the ground, and the only towel rack is behind the toilet. Breakfast not included with stay.

Beautiful & historic hotel in downtown Pittsburgh. Restaurant, Tap Room, Bruegger’s Bagels, and a Starbucks. Clean room with nice amenities & comfortable beds.

• Deluxe Room - One King Bed

The accommodation is more like a motel than a $200 (incl tax)a night hotel. The room is too small and seems unoccupied for a while. It is a little dusty and has a musty smell, the bed is old, the sheets are of low quality and not even ironed, and contain a tiny piece of hair. the room decor dated, bathroom is also small and dated.

Lobby is nice

• Deluxe Room - One King Bed

We ate dinner at the hotel one night and the service and food were lacking. Servers were very slow and the muscles were not fresh at all.

I liked have a starbucks readily available

• Deluxe Room - Two Double Beds

Bathroom was a bit small.

Loved the hotel! Beautiful and the people were very nice. We went to the Steeler game and then First Night Pittsburgh and walked everywhere. Very convenient to many restaurants.

• Deluxe Room - One King Bed

The wall paper and carpets are starting to need attention in the room we stayed in. The water coming out of the shower was brown. Ran it for quite some time and it did eventually clear.

It is a lovely historical hotel in Pittsburgh. Great location.

• Premier Room - One King Bed

The cold was coming in through the windows. The bathroom floor was extremely cold. It's a beautiful hotel, just not as updated as we are used to with modern day amenities

The lobby was beautifully decorated for Christmas. The bed was comfortable and the staff was great

• Deluxe Room - Two Double Beds

Outside noise beyond hotel control and pillows...not good

The woman in the fine crystal and jewelry shop was top notch. She even found us hours later in the restaurant because we had forgotten the receipt and warranty!

• Deluxe Room - Two Double Beds

Queen beds instead of full size would have been more comfortable

Valet parking was reasonable. The staff was prompt and extremely friendly & personable.

• Deluxe Room - Two Double Beds

Late check in, staff not being considerate or helpful until I refused to be stalled with excuses. Delayed my plans in the city.

Lobby was beautiful and the building was gorgeous architecturally.

• Deluxe Room - One Queen Bed

Room was pretty small for the money we paid and we shared a wall with the elevators.

Great location. Very convenient to hockey arena and football stadium. The gym was fantastic!

• Premier Room - One King Bed

The annoying neighbors running around the elevator lobby and hallways trying to get Steelers player's autographs. But hotel security came and spoke to them reminding them that there were other guests on their floor.

This is a lovely grand hotel that has beautiful decorations for the holidays. The staff goes above and beyond to ensure their guests comfort.

• Deluxe Room - Two Double Beds

Rooms are dark, dated and small. I had an amazing view of a side of a building with other hotel rooms staring directly into my room about 25 ft away. Way overpriced for what you get in my opinion. Expensive $36/day parking rates which consist of valet or underground garage parking with a long walk.

Great Downtown Location and beautiful lobby area.

• Deluxe Room - One King Bed

Breakfast at the Terrace Room was not very good. Dinner was ok. Everything seemed extremely overpriced.

The room was spacious and comfortable. The closet had plenty of hangers. The bathroom was well-appointed and spotless.

• Deluxe Room - One King Bed

Hotel was excellent. Restaurants in hotel were great. Within walking distance of area attractions. Staff was helpful . Was an excellent stay. Would recommend to anyone. Looking forward to staying again.

Atmosphere, food was good

Upset because you can not park a truck in their lots. Wish i would of known that bec we wouldnt of stayed there. Super inconvenient to walk two blocks away to our truck every day.

• Premier Room - One King Bed

The hotel was so beautiful,all the staff were very friendly and helpful the room was big and I've never slept better the bed was so comfortable we are already planning a trip back :)

• One Bedroom Superior Suite- Two Double Beds

The sofa bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in. It was Just steel coils covered with fabric. I even had coil imprints in my shoulder in the morning.

Travis, the conceriege,went above and beyond. I a man a pianist and I wanted to practice. I first asked two people at the front desk if I could use the piano in the ballroom. They both summarily turned me down. One even told me there was a wedding in there when I wanted to practice (there wasn't). Travis made it happen, set up a makeshift piano bench for me and let me stay as long as I liked.

• Deluxe Room - Two Double Beds

No free Wifi - they charge a fee for this service which is akin to charging for 'color television' in this day and age. In addition the rooms are dimly lit (probably low wattage CFL's instead of bright LED lights. No USB chargers at all. Time to step forward into the 21st century.

Well managed property with courteous and helpful staff.

• Deluxe Room - One King Bed

The hotel is a little tired, and the room was not checked thoroughly for cleanliness. However, once alerted to the deficiency, staff were very good.

The Speakeasy in the cellar is very great.

• Deluxe Room - Two Double Beds

Breakfast should be included, even if it's just fruit and muffins or cereal. Air conditioner did not work properly.

The front desk staff were very helpful

• Deluxe Room - One King Bed

Farm-to Table meal was a great disappointment (tough, over cooked braciola; tasteless, dry chicken) uncreative and poorly executed. Several wines were not available from the wine list by 7-8PM and "We've run out of that," was repeated for Chenin Blanc & 2 other whites on different occassions.

Excellent Staff: friendly, courteous, knowledgeable & helpful. Onsite restaurants: average; Terrific location for up and coming walkable city w/ plenty of to do within easy walking distance. WmPenn is a gem in the midst of architectural delights. Sitting in the lobby is a treat in itself, but explore the rest of this building.

• Deluxe Room - One King Bed

smelly top bed spread told front desk on check out they said they would address it, when we checked in got to room I laid on bed smelled top bed spread smelled like bo or bad musty smell we put it on floor sheets were fine.

quiet

• Deluxe Room - Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Historical hotel that has been exceptionally well maintained through the years but features all the modern conveniences. Everybody should a hotel like this a least once.

• Deluxe Room - Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Well one thing they need to improve is the cellphone signal in some of their rooms, because in my room I could completely lose the signal. Also the wifi signal was poor, which wasn't nice to look for the perfect place in the room. Finally they kinda placed the AC vent in a awkward place, the curtains could block it.

The style of the hotel was amazing, beautiful 50s style building. The location was great, as you had the tram station right next to it. Also there was a bagel and Jamba Juice in the hotel, which was a great place to get cheap breakfast.

• Deluxe Room - One King Bed

The staff was the rudest I have ever encountered. I will not be staying at this hotel ever again.

Nothing. The staff was the rudest I have ever encountered. I will not be staying at this hotel again.

• Premier Room - Two Double Beds

The staff at the front desk who checked me out was terrible! I had the worst experience ever at a hotel. They charge for at $10 each day for very basic Wi-fi and the house-keeping service was so minimum that the soap was not even refilled. Given the price of the hotel and that there are so many hotels in the same area, I definitely would not recommend this place. It does not worth the money.

• Deluxe Room - One King Bed

The only thing I would have liked better was if parking was on the property.

The bed was super comfy, the room was very dark when the drapes were closed and it was very quiet.

• Deluxe Room - One King Bed

The bed was amazing. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. The staff at the Speakeasy was fantastic. The concierge was more than helpful. Overall, I can't say enough good things.

• Deluxe Room - One King Bed

refrigerator didn't work view was bad, all room windows, had to keep curtains closed, somewhat depressing bathroom for that price of hotel was just fair

• Premier Room - One King Bed

Parking was a little over-priced and some dust bunnies found in the room!

The valet parking, the bell hop and service people were all very helpful! Extra comfy beds! Gorgeous lobby and rooms with the historical feel!

• Deluxe Room - Two Double Beds

No free wifi and you have to pay every day!?!?! Expensive parking $36 ?!?!? Expensive breakfast $26 it's a nice but limited buffet not worth the price. Staff at front desk very average.

It's a nice lobby and the room was clean.

• Deluxe Room - One King Bed

Not being able to stay in hotel room pass check out without being charged extra as we waited for our flight back to Los Angeles

The hotel was superb staff was amazing

• Premier Room - One King Bed

Our bathroom was not spotless and our linens were soiled. That should NEVER happen in a hotel of this caliber. Too much local competition now for that to happen. Hair in the bathroom, stuck to a washcloth and spots on the comforter. Not cool!

This is grand old Pittsburgh hotel. The rooms are large and the location is great. Also there is a Starbuck's on site. Gotta love that. Parking is across the street in an underground garage that is reasonable for city parking. The rooms are nice.

• Deluxe Room - Two Double Beds

The hotel rate is usually expensive. I only get to stay when I can snag a good deal.

The Omni William Penn is an architectural beauty! It is like stepping back in time while still enjoying all the comforts of today. You must explore the hotel, especially the ballroom and the views from the upper floor meeting rooms. Be sure to enjoy a cup of coffee in the gorgeous lobby. The guest room was spacious and the bed was so comfortable - I actually overslept!! I wish my stay was longer!

• Deluxe Room - Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Booking.com - this is the 2nd year in a row that I've reserved a room through booking.com and the hotel had no reservation on file and no record of it. My reservation confirmation said I could not cancel yet the hotel did not have my reservation. This happened to me in nyc last Memorial weekend and Booking.com said I was a "no-show". Not true. Ugh. Very frustrating.

Everything, location was the best

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Deluxe Room - Two Double Beds

The only thing that bothered me was that the shower ran pretty hot. Even on the lowest it was still burning. I couldn't stand under the water for an period of time or it hurt!

The building was extravagant and absolutely gorgeous! The staff was very helpful when we asked about how to get around the city. It was an all around wonderful experience.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Deluxe Room - Two Double Beds

Nothing. Have stayed here numerous times and am never disappointed!

Great location! Beautiful surroundings. Free upgrade! Great drinks and food at the Tavern room.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Deluxe Room - Two Double Beds

No free wifi in room and wifi in lobby very slow Signed up for rewards to get free wifi which they don't tell you about unless you ask Asked for quiet room and they put me beside the elevator and woke up several times in night due to rowdy guests

Breakfast buffet was delicious and fresh. Beds comfy, room clean and spacious Plenty of towels My Keurig machine wasn't working and the lady at the front desk sent up coffee for me which was nice There's a metro just across the street

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Premier Room - One King Bed

The power was so strong in the shower and I couldn't figure a way to turn it down. Overall, excellent stay, but check the plumbing.

Very happy with our stay. Love the historic nature of the hotel. Service was excellent. Lobby was gorgeous. So very happy with our stay. Excellent location.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Deluxe Room - One King Bed

There is nothing I don't love about this place.

I love the history and opulence of this hotel. The staff goes above and beyond to make you feel pampered. The rooms are quiet, very clean and comfortable. The Terrace Restaurant has a great breakfast buffet. We visited the Speakeasy and The Tap Room. The Speakeasy had a cool vibe to it, a good place to relax and enjoy the company of friends. The Taproom was more lively, the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Room - Two Double Beds

Street in front of the hotel is small if there is an event going on it makes parking difficult, but valet is worth the wait. Staff there is so nice.

everything was amazing. staff was wonderful you can walk anywhere from the hotel. Parking was not that great, you will need to valet your car but being able to walk everywhere makes up for it. Cannot wait to go back next year.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Deluxe Room - One King Bed

I have unlimited data so I didn't think to ask about wifi but overall I had a magnificent one night stay. Michael at the front desk was very hospitable and had some fantastic recommendations for the evening. I would stay again and highly recommend others to.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Deluxe Room - One King Bed

There wasn't anything to note or complain about.

Every detail was thought of! This a magnificent hotel. There are many extras that comes with your stay. A make it yourself bloody Mary bar, a 1920's speakeasy (get there early,) high tea, and much more! The door men, concierge and front desk are fabulous.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Deluxe Room - One King Bed

Bathtub/shower seemed outdated as well as other features of the room (curtains, blankets, decor)

Location and great bar within the hotel as well as very nice staff.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Deluxe Room - Two Double Beds

Beds-not very comfy, but then again, I own a sterns and foster so that's hard Competition

Friendly staff Room service was fast and delicious Hotel was beautiful. They don't tell you-but on the backside Of the entrance, there's a building across the street that leads to a subway that's free and it takes you all the way through the city up to Heinz field. Would've been nice to know about instead of walking forever in the cold

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Deluxe Room - Two Double Beds

Did not care for the truffle oil on the frites

Stunning restored hotel. Comfortable and elegant rooms. Fabulous food. wonderful informed wait staff were so helpful in giving us the history of the hotel and ideas for activities in Pittsburgh. The breakfast buffer is the best ever.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• Deluxe Room - Two Double Beds

Leaky toilet left water all over the floor. wifi costs money. "movie" added to bill when I didn't watch one. The Valet lost a piece of my luggage. "complimentary beverage" coffee was left outside my door for hours before i found it- cold! Leaking

Centrally located. Well-decorated.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• Deluxe Room - One King Bed

Heating & air conditioning next to inoperable. Told there was nothing able to do about it. Bathroom facilities stuffed on day number two of stay.

Staff number one in being pleasant & friendly.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

• Deluxe Room - One King Bed

All of the hotel staff was very helpful, and quick to respond ( we needed a new battery for the remote and was delivered to our room in less than 10 min.) The architecture of the hotel was beautiful.

• Premier Room - One King Bed

No free wifi. Unfortunate that the park across the street was closed for the season. Security guard scolded me for having my dog in the park. Put a damper on traveling with our well behaved dog as there weren't many park options in immediate area.

Quiet room and lovely staff. Comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

• Deluxe Room - One Queen Bed

Having to join a reward club to obtain the free wifi.

The building is stunning. The sheets and towels were first class. Nice thick carpeting and well appointed rooms.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Deluxe Room - Two Double Beds

That we didn't have 2 queen beds in the room. Very cramped to sleep for a family of 4. Room was clean but the stairwell was pretty disgusting Wish the fitness center was better. TV's didn't work well at all on the equipment.

Room was very large which was nice.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Premier Room - Two Double Beds

We loved everything about the hotel and cannot wait to come back to Pittsburgh and stay there again. We had so much fun and everyone was so very professional yet down to earth. I would not change a thing.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Deluxe Room - One King Bed

Somehow got charged for wifi? 10 bucks. Didn't even bring it up to the desk but cheap motels have free wifi.

Staff was great. Couldn't build another hotel like this one today if they tried. Gorgeous.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Deluxe Room - One Queen Bed

The pillows on the bed were great, the view from the room was amazing. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend to anyone coming to town.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Deluxe Room - One King Bed

Prices in the speak easy bar are very high, a $15 old fashion is a little much.

Free upgrade to a suite. Staff very attentive and professional. Made me feel like I was famous.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Deluxe Room - One Queen Bed

We booked last minute for a one night stay to celebrate our Anniversary. Only queen rooms were available, but we noted that we would prefer a king room if possible. When we checked in we were thrilled to have been moved into a mini king suite-and that a bottle of champagne was delivered to our room in recognition of our anniversary. Adam, a young man working at the front desk, was especially friendly, professional, and seemed genuinely interested in making our stay special.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Premier Room - One King Bed

Staff wasn't really friendly at the front desk. This was our wedding night and they gave my husband a tough time checking in. I would have expected a bowl of fruit or something for this special occasion, but nothing. We stay there frequently and this was the least enjoyable one

The room was spacious and nice. Jon Paul at the valet is very nice and always recognizes us and says hello.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Premier Room - One King Bed

Have to pay for wifi at that cost of the room. Hampton inn can give free wifi William should be able too. I understand free in lobby, I don't stay in the lobby.