Reviews of NYLO New York City 4 stars

2178 Broadway, Upper West Side, New York, NY 10024, USA

#226 of 415 hotels in New York

Clean hotel but overpriced.
    • Deluxe Double Double

The lobby. The room lighting. Refregirator is missing in the room. The shower’s water pressure was weak. The room was not large enough as I have expected. It was overpriced.

The cleanness of the bedsheets & towels.

Stay somewhere else
    • Junior Suite Two Queens

Had to change rooms due to rattling water pipes and noisy AC. Bell hop lost our bag. Hotel tried to charge me a late check out fee while I was waiting for porter to come get our bags. Used to be a good hotel but now very sloppy.

The beds were very comfortable and the linens were good...
    • Deluxe Double Double

The beds were very comfortable and the linens were good quality. The bathroom was spacious. Despite the fire station being across the street, it was very quiet. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance.

relaxing, yawl!
    • Superior Queen

Cant say there was anything

I actually am a resident of the city, but have been working on a project non-stop for two weeks. Earlier this week, I developed a terrible case of food poisoning, and could not sleep at my job in my condition. I made the decision to treat myself to a little respite, and am MORE than pleased with the friendly staff, beautiful (and clean) room. I was only there for a stretch of hours, but I was able to relax and enjoy some Comfortable alone time! Thanks Rahfee

Not to return to this hotel
    • NY Studio with Terrace

This hotel has got quite run down since last visit. Despite obvious cold weather is not heated and even though they were informed of guest arrival the hotel staff did not bother to heat the room, so after transatlantic flight I had to wait for it to heat so that it could be used. They could not complete my check in, charged my card twice (arguing that this is standard practice to charge the card at check in and check out) and I am still waiting for a refund after 5 days.

Nice stay in New York
    • Superior Queen

One thing was not nice, like view from the window. For the wall of next building. Closing doors of the room is very loud. You hear every one who is closing doors near yours room. The tea to coffee/tea maker is awful. Please change for different.

Hotel fulfilled our expectation, which is clean, with kind staff, helpful, comfortable. Every day is made cleaning by staff of your room, you receive coffee to coffeemaker and tea. Also is welcome drink. In neighbourhood there are lot of grocery stores, shops like Marshalls, DSW, Starbucks, etc. Nearby is a Subway.

Vacation within walking distance from home
    • Superior Queen

I got a phone call from the front desk about my dog and the charge for pets which was fine but when I got home someone left me s message mumbled voice and spoke too fast about the same thing. This is unnecessary and rude and inappropriate to get when I got home.This left me with bad feeling about the communication between check in people and the other hotel staff.

I had to check in early and they were prepared and aware of this. Room was as I had requested.

Over all a good value: Great location, great bed, nice space & nice amenities
    • Broadway View Deluxe King

The built in seat is lame: very narrow, uncomfortable & poorly placed. An actual chair would be better. The metal storage cubbies are a bit junior high; they feel like a day care.

The bed was truly fabulous! We had the Broadway View double deluxe; the room was listed as being 340 sf; which it definitely was not: it was at most 300 sf. Still comfy, but misleading. The room was quiet, the bath was workable but very small, and the room lacked an extra chair for seating.

We enjoyed exploring this part of the city, which was new to us.
    • Superior King Room

Your bartender on Sunday night was less than friendly. No eye contact, and didn't even speak.

The styling of the hotel was pretty cool. We like the modern, hip vibe.

Great little boutique hotel located in the heart of the...
    • Deluxe Double Double

I have no complaints (which for me is saying something big.) NYC is VERY expensive and this hotel (at $400/night) was no exception. You can find less expensive places and if your budget won't let you splurge on this, then you should go for it. I get that. But if you have the extra bit to spend, this hotel is charming, well-staffed and worth it.

Great little boutique hotel located in the heart of the upper west side. Everything you could want is in or nearby the hotel, including a lobby bar, great couchy seating areas and a work table/station/area. Nearby were great coffee shops, restaurants, subway stations and The Park. Beds were comfy, the room was sufficiently large and the bathroom was well-stocked and clean.

Phenom!
    • Junior Suite Two Queens

The bellman recommended places for us to visit & he was the very first to recommend a place I have looked at going to before but never seen. He was a wealth of knowledge - I wish I could recall his name but I think he said he used to work at the Waldorf (?)...I know one of the luxury hotels has been changed quite a bit recently. He was wonderful to talk to!! Everyone was very helpful!!

darkness and sadness, inexisting service, inexisting...
    • Superior Queen

darkness and sadness, inexisting service, inexisting breakfast, no furniture in the room apart the bed, view on a crappy brick huge backwall, a nighmare!!! And that for 600$ / day OUTRAGEOUS

Good for one night but not any longer, unless your a single traveller....
    • Superior Queen

The room was dark and way smaller than I imagined especially for the price. We had trouble seeing everything even with the lights on. Try painting the walls a lighter colour as it felt like a dungeon, we were glad to leave. The room is too small for two people. We didn’t like that the lobby had a noisy bar in it with no quiet private area.

The bed was so comfortable, I mean really comfortable. The water in the shower was great after a while. Hair dryer was slow but good. TV was also very good.

All things considered a good stay and would consider staying again
    • Broadway View Deluxe King

Only one ice machine on 12th floor which was broken for 2 days but could get ice from the bar. Plastic cups for glasses and paper cups for coffee in room. Not good for environment. At price point for hotel expected real glasses and china cups.

great location on Broadway and 77th, Walking distance to Lincoln Centre. Central park. Frick museum and Met art gallery. good bar, good restaurant attached, machines to print out boarding passes, friendly staff

Good but make sure you know about some of the quirks
    • Superior King Room

Beds were divine. Took fifteen full minutes to get hot water to our room. A little noisy. But the location was the best!! Close to TWO subway stations and tons of great restaurants right outside the door. Sarafina was AWFUL. The service was comical. Like, I thought I was being PUNKED it was so bad, two days in a row. Front desk was awesome and helped me get some color copies at no charge. Doorman were fantastic and the CLEANING STAFF WERE ABSOLUTE GEMS.

NYLO proved to be a great base to explore the city and best hotel beds we have ever slept in.
    • Superior King Room

Bathrooms are tired and could do with an overhaul but they were kept very clean and well stocked with bathroom products. Check final bill carefully - we had 5 valet charges added incorrectly. The attached hotel restaurant is part of a small chain and would not recommend - far nicer venues close by.

Location - close to subway, restaurants, shops. Booked a superior king size room which I would highly recommend as size of room and comfort of bed were relative to the cost of doing so. Staff helpful and pleasant - booked our return transportation and always on hand for questions and support. Free drinks vouchers on arrival are a nice touch.

Love this place and will keep coming back.
    • Standard King Room

First time that the room wasn't stocked on the first day - no water, no creamer for coffee. This was odd. I also think some towels are starting to enter their final stages and ought to be retired. It's a small thing but I notice.

I've stayed at NYLO several times and will keep coming back. Love the rooms, the location and the nearby restaurants. The staff are pleasant and I love that you get a free drink ticket to the bar.

I'm sure I will stay at NYLO next year when I visit NY.
    • Standard King Room

My only negative comment is that the shower water pressure is too weak & it takes too long for the hot water to come on. I'm sure this is an easy fix. Also, I think a heater in the bathroom would be lovely as would larger bath towels. I appreciate the bath sheet size. And - why not a plush terry cloth robe as well?

My daughter, a Manhattan resident, stayed with me a few nights & loved the "cloud" kingsize bed. I also love the location - near to museums, great restaurants, theatre, all my favorite NY activities. Would definitely recommend this hotel to others. Stayed here a few years ago & hear that you'l be upgrading the lobby & rooms in the next year.

Perfect!
    • Superior Queen

I was so happy to go to NYC and NYlo is a perfect location. Love upper west side. Quiet, food, restaurant, subway and buses are close. Hilliard, NY Philarmonique, Lincoln center not even 15min walk! Staff is polite and generous. They sent me a Small package to my room for my 50th birthday;) sweet!

This is a great place to stay in the upper west side. Employees helpful and nice!
    • Standard King Room

I would have liked more towels in the bathroom.

Bed was very comfortable and I enjoyed the complimentary prosecco! And I was happy to get water bottles each day in the room.

Loved it!

Stainless steel sink in bathroom felt a little bit like a science lab and didn’t drain well. The location is lovely but more of our activities were in theater district or closer to downtown so may want to consider a midtown hotel next trip.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The bar was fun and cozy. Our room decor had a modern feel which we really enjoyed. Lots of great neighborhood restaurants.

NYLO a great value and most satisfactory for what turned into a two-night stay because of weather.
    • Superior Queen

A couple of sloppy things like holes in the wall, paint that needed touching up

Comfortable bed, convenient to great food options (particularly breakfast at Serafina's) and fun lobby/bar scene. Particularly helpful doormen, especially George.

Love this place. Will absolutely stay again. Great location.every detail covered!
    • Superior Queen

The room was very clean there was a tiny corner where we found a spot that hadn’t seen a good dusting in a while but we would’ve never found it if I wasn’t with a six-year-old. The heating/ cooling system was loud but I’m not sure if that is actually a positive maybe it drowned out city sound and created white Noise. Basically both my negatives could be neutral comments.

Nice,dark room. Cool industrial vibes but tons of warmth to the whole place. Very friendly staff eager to accommodate random requests. Bed was very comfortable. I did not hear noise from other rooms, the restaurant will deliver to you. My young child and I felt safe. We were both sad to leave

Great Location! Too much $$$
    • Broadway View Deluxe King

Too expensive for the type of hotel and rooms. Things didn’t work in the room, like bathroom sink water doesn’t go down and shower makes terrible loud noise when water is on. I’ve stayed at NYLO many times because of its location and I’ve complained before about things that were wrong but this time I didn’t feel like arguing with the staff.

Location is great.

A comfortable & convenient hotel
    • Superior Queen

A disappointing breakfast for $20 in the restaurant.

We were allowed to check in early which was a bonus. Room size was as expected. Nice furnishings and good quality bed linen and towels. Very comfortable bed. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Good location and close to subway.

Excellent hotel. Highly recommend
    • Standard King Room

They ran out of milk and couldn't seem to find any...I think it is not unreasonable to want some mile with tea! Also, the lobby area was quite cold.

Rooms were excellent, beds very comfortable and it was incredibly quiet given its central location. The staff was very helpful.

Work trip
    • Superior Queen

I didn’t like the current Willy Wonka theme in the bar as takes away something. Did not care for breakfast at neighboring Serafina restaurant.

Great, kind of cool place in UWS. Great public space and friendly, knowledgeable staff. Good beds. I like continuity in staff over my visits also as it makes me feel they are happy there too.

Great stay, will be back again.
    • Superior Queen

The bar staff were slow to serve.

The bed was so comfortable. It felt like falling onto a cloud. The hotel is in a great location, within walking distance of bars, restaurants and entertainment. The bar in the lobby was fun with a funky vibe. I love the red baby grand piano. The staff at the reception were warm and friendly. A voucher for a free cocktail was given to us at check-in.

Just perfect!
    • Superior Queen

I loved everything!! The guy in reception was very kind and helpful, the room is really comfortable and very nice atmosphere, they let us to keep our luggage till very late and help to get them out of the hotel, i really recommend this place, it has all the necessary.

Overall good location if you want to do the museums and Central Park, okay staff and moderate rooms.
    • Superior Queen

There was no view at all - our window literally faced out onto other buildings so we had to keep our curtains closed all the time. The biggest thing though was that my travel card kept getting charged significant amounts of money even though the room was totally paid at check in. All up over $1000 AUD was held pending which then limited my spending whilst in NY. I spoke to hotel staff numerous times about it and I found their response that it was booking.com charging not them, very ordinary. They were not helpful in trying to resolve it, and kept telling me to ring my bank. Eventually nearly two weeks after being checked out of the hotel they released the money.

The location was great, it was only two blocks from the nearest subway station on 79th and there were plenty of food places nearby. The lobby had a nice ambience when you walked in.

Avoid it if you are in NY in winter time and with children
    • Broadway View Deluxe King

The worse thing is the temperature in the room. In the first Corner suite we had a feeling like we are standing outside. The second room was better only because of the smaller window - so less cold air could go inside. in spite of always working AC (which is so old and terribly loud that you could hardly sleep), the water near the window became an ICE in the morning. All our family caught flue after the very 1st night in this hotel Avoid it if you are in NY in winter time and with children Very old and never renovated hotel. Depressive lobby that is opposite to the pics in their site. Forget about 4 stars, it is poor 3 stars

Great hotel in a superb location
    • Junior Suite Two Queens

Nothing, all was perfect!

Loved this place! We booked a double queen beds bedroom, there was a lot of extra space and an extra bed-sofa. We loved the design, modern, bright and smart. Location is exceptional, close to Central Park and Broadway without being too noisy. We had complimentary welcome drinks upon arriving, the personnel was super kind and attentive, all in all a great experience. Would definitely recommend it! :)

Great place to stay for a New York minute!
    • Superior Queen

We paid for a "Superior Queen Room" and it was so fantastically small we couldn't even pass each other freely at the end of the bed. We literally had to step against the walls to get out of the way of each other. Not a deal breaker by any means, but I wish the size of the room was better represented in the pictures and the price we paid.

Awesome location! Great staff! Fluffiest bed ever!

Would recommend
    • Deluxe Double Double

The bar drink menu might need to be updated, too sweet. Heater system was very loud and you could hear through the walls.

It was very clean, staff was nice and helpful. Was very close to good restaurants, shops and Museums and subway. The beds are extremely comfortable.

Excellent facility at a very good price
    • Superior Queen

It was an excellent experience in totality.

Excellent pet friendly location. Clean, comfortable with an excellent restaurant connected Plus a lounge area and Bar.

Lousy host, small cold room, staff was slow in responding.
    • Deluxe Double Double

Room has no heating...on a cold December day! Staff did not communicate well while trying to fix the situation. We also might have heard creatures crawling in the walls.

A great stay, especially for New York!
    • Broadway View Deluxe King

The restaurant next door for breakfast didn’t have kids options

The lobby area was great! Nice spaces to lounge or work - and a more small bar. The staff was also incredibly friendly and helpful. The rooms were also a good size and nicely done.

Don’t book this hotel
    • Junior Suite Two Queens

The front desk service people are not good but very rude, they told us to check in at 4pm while they began to check in other customers at 3pm in front of us. The lost and found service department is very unprofessional, we called them multiple times about lost item in the room but they’ve never phone us back.

Near to the ANMH and Central Park
    • Junior Suite with Balcony

It was a little bit cold in the room, but the air warmer made his deal after half an hour, but cold floor in the bathroom was my pain ))) but the stay was still perfect. Thanks!

The room was spaceful, clean and cozy! We found everything we needed in the bathroom, and in the room. Bed was big and very comfortable, the same for pillows ) I liked lightening facilities in the room! ) we were checked in early, that’s was very nice from the hotel.

The bed was super comfortable
    • Superior Queen

No room card needed to get to hotel room floors Charged 40$ extra to checkout two hours later Air conditioning/heater was very loud

The bed was super comfortable The concierge were extremely friendly The room and bathroom were adequately sized

Overrated.
    • Standard King Room

the "chic hipster" look they are going for was done cheap. the rooms were tough to move around outside laying in bed and going to the bathroom. the bathroom was an extended closet with barely any room to stand. the hallways were dark and uninviting. the gym was a joke. the ice was only on the top floor.

the location. the lobby.

Staff were wonderful
    • Superior Queen

Room was cold - I had to stuff towels and extra clothes on the window sill to block the draft Room was small but okay I forgot about the loud sirens in NYC. Windows weren't very soundproof

Staff were wonderful Location was great

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

The rooms were small for the price and we never got more...
    • Superior Queen

Very bad cleaning service. No towels until we repeatedly called Trash not taken out when full.

The rooms were small for the price and we never got more towels until we called the front desk multiple times. However, the front desk staff was very nice and very helpful, so that made up for the poor cleaning service. The decor was cute and the central area where you could access computers and plug in your own device was very nice. The location was awesome because i loved being near Central Park. And near all the museums. Great restaurants and small botique shopping made the area even better. Over all, i would stay again just for a better price.

Maybe not next time.
    • Superior Queen

It was too cold and we just had a very thin duvet. People at the door were not always friendly. The bathroom was huge,but the room tiny. It looked much fancier on the pictures. Price/ quality ratio not so great. The TV did not work, as the batteries in the remote were empty.

Location was excellent - good subway access, great places for breakfast.

great neighborhood location, convenient, lots to see and do within walking distance.
    • Superior Queen

the water pressure in the shower was definitely lacking :(. would be great if they switched to a standard stationery shower head instead of a hand-held one. or i'd suggest a rain shower head!

great location. i loved the high bed frame and the mattress was super comfy! liked the extra little touches like the complimentary coffee maker and water bottles in-room.

Recommand this place 👍🏻
    • Superior Queen

Noise - slamming doors at night from neighbor!!!

Very good customer service Jazz piano & violoncelle for happy hour was excellent!!! It exceeded our expectations!!

not sure i I will stay there again.
    • Superior Queen

Noise in room woke me up during the night. It sounded like there were animals of some sort running below the floor. This noise continued for some time.

the decor

Perfect perfect perfect
    • Superior Queen

The staff was great, the hotel was amazing, the bed was perfect! Location was just perfect for early morning walk thru Central Park blocks away! Subway 2 blocks away! Lobby was so pretty and cozy! Just had a wonderful stay! Will come back again

Extremely kind and frindly staff throughout the hotel. Excellent location and great value !!! Room
    • Superior Queen

Our room was connected to the next door room with one door. They actually gave us an upgrade but didn't know this situation. So we could hear noise from next door group like there was no wall.

Staff !!! All staff we encountered were super friendly and kind!!!! Location !!! Fantastic location and wasn't noisy. Room !!! Really good value for the money.

good not great
    • Standard King Room

little things that weren't a problem in previous visits, no towels in gym for early am workout, elevator out on one side of building, poor internet service on ipad mini and mac air, staff not as outgoing and helpful as on previous visits

very convenient and like boutique atmosphere

The bar is great, nice decoration, comfortable bed, people...
    • Superior Queen

We asked for the waiter on the bar to take a picture of us, but he never did, he never went to our table again.

The bar is great, nice decoration, comfortable bed, people in the front the were very attentious.

We'll be back!
    • Superior Queen

Little bigger space & bigger bath room, but ad quate

Entrance very welcoming w/ casual bar & comfortable lobby/sitting area w/chess card table. Very convenient lovcation to subway, buses, restaurants, etc. Room very minimalist but works well for short stay. Red Farm Restaurant a must!

nice place to stay at the upper west side
    • Standard King Room

rooms are a bit small and very plain, nothing fancy or amazing about the rooms decor, bathroom very small, windows are not completely noise proof so you may hear the noise from the street

Great Location, nice and vibrant bar, friendly staff

Love it and will be back!
    • Superior Queen

Wish parking was cheaper than $69 a night. Makes it almost to expensive.

Love, Love this hotel. The location is devine. Subway access two blocks away. The hotel staff is so helpful and sweet. Clean and lovely rooms.

The Beacon was booked. Ok substitute but not great
    • Superior King Room

Two people in room and only one cup of coffee available? The lobby has an oddly perfumed smell that may charm some but was like sitting next to a young man who just discovered cologne. Check in VERY slow

Great location but a rip-off
    • Superior Queen

There are an awful lot of charged and taxes at this hotel. Resort tax? Really? We didn't use the gym (out all day) it the Terrace Bar (poured with rain a couple of nights and was very cold a couple of nights) and paying for Wifi. Come on, WiFi is a normal everyday requirement these days - we've travelled all over the world in recent years and not had to pay a resort fee to use WiFi. BUT the worst thing was the "technical error" where US$869.90 was accidentally deducted from our account during our stay! It took a week for that money to go back into our account, by which time we were home in Australia. It severely curtailed our activities, shopping and gift buying which was very disappointing. We weren't even offered a meal in the restaurant or anything by way of compensation.

Excellent location close to subway, restaurants, Central Park and Museums. Our room was very quiet (because it looked onto another wing of the building. Lounge and bar area were welcoming and comfortable, though we only used the bar once for our welcome drink, and the lounge once while waiting for our airport transfer.

I’m looking forward to staying at NYLO again.
    • Superior Queen

The staff was friendly & helpful. The hotel is beautiful. My room was so cute. The bed was very comfortable. The shower pressure was excellent. Not to mention the rainfall shower head. I loved my stay here. Seraphina was delicious.

Amazing location - the Upper West Side is the best!
    • Superior Queen

Since it was marathon weekend, I think the hotel was very overpriced for what it is - it is a lovely hotel but not worth over $500 a night.

Amazing location - the Upper West Side is the best! I had family stay here and they really liked it! The staff was very friendly and gave us free drink cards upon arrival.

I would recommend NYLO and would consider staying there again.
    • Superior Queen

The rooms are waaaaaay smaller than they look in photos online! I understand it's NYC and space is a commodity everywhere, but it felt clear to me that the money was spent on the spaces downstairs - and not in the guest rooms. The bed was comfortable, but there was no room to even set up a suitcase stand. It was really tight for two people, even with being upgraded to a complimentary king.

The lobby area, including the bar and library room, are amazing - beautifully decorated, comfortable and cozy. Very inviting, especially with the free drink vouchers! Staff was very helpful and friendly at every interaction point. And, while I didn't travel with my pet, I loved that it was pet friendly!!!

Overall, very good.
    • Superior Queen

The bar staff were what we Australians call "smart arses", were arrogant and never looked at you when taking your order. Also, pouring remaining red wine dregs into one bottle is NOT cool! This is what I saw at the bar and hope is not accepted practice at NYLO???

The bed was fantastic. Our room attendant/s was great and it was wonderful to have a small fridge in the room, albeit on request. Location 10/10! The concierge was very helpful as were the reception staff.

Stylish and convenient location at Upper West Side
    • Loft with Terrace

When hosting companies' after works events, NYLO staff should at least ensure that hotel guest get not get blocked, when trying to get to their rooms!

Modern and stylish location and great view from our room

Beautiful lobby, attractive style.
    • Deluxe Double Double

Internet connection spotty, slow, intermittent Water lukewarm, not hot Bathroom fixtures more attractive than practical! Nowhere to put stuff. Not an inch of shelf space. Lots of pillows but all the same- too big and firm. Very small room, but typical of NYC $40 additional charge for early (before 4:00) check-in. Either a room is available or not....why the extra charge?!

Beautiful lobby, attractive style. Comfortable beds. Convenient valet parking, very prompt retrieval.

Great location, nice staff
    • Superior Queen

Poor internet connection, air condition unbearable noisy, windows haven’t been cleaned for a long time, mould on shower door ...

Great location, nice staff

Good hotel. Very Bad staff. Will not return
    • Deluxe Double Double

Worst check-in experience i had in my life. Rude staff. Lying about availability of rooms. Trying to force for upgrades. I don't have time to write everything but i can tell that i stay over 120 nights a year at hotels all over the world. Some are fancy, some not. But never had such a bad experience with a hotel like at the NYLO. Not going back there ever again just because of the staff.

Overall very nice hotel. Well located. Good lobby.

Great Bar Area, Friendly Staff, Average Rooms
    • Superior Queen

Rooms are very small - smaller than other hotels I have stayed at in NYC. I think it's made to feel smaller by the narrow windows and therefore not much natural light coming in, however they have maximised what they have with clean, neutral decor with a few splashes of colour on cupboard fronts. No fridge in the room - this was a huge downside for me as I like to stock up with bottles of water and juices but couldn't without a fridge in the room. A number of times heard staff shouting to each other down the hallways while I was in my room - quite annoying if I wanted to take a nap or just get some peace & quiet. During my stay needed a courier to collect something from my office & deliver to me at the hotel - front desk and concierge were unable to arrange this, then they were going to find out but got cut-off. Second time calling was told someone will call up to my room but nobody did. Bit annoying.

The lobby and downstairs bar area is lovely - really nicely decorated and great vibe, classy, chilled out and laid back with a slightly rustic feel. I found the staff at the bar to be really friendly, good range of drinks on offer. Staff on reception desk were also very professional and immaculately presented every time I passed them. Would definitely visit again if only for the bar. In-room, loved the bed - really comfy and high off the ground. The chair provided for the desk in the room is a proper office swivel-chair, super comfy for the hours when I had to do some work early in the morning.

I would definitely recommend Nylo
    • Superior King Room

The bed was a bit too soft. After 10 days, the back was sore.

Great staff, always kind and willing to help. Location is amazing, near the subway. A great value/benefit choice

Great location!
    • Standard King Room

The terrace was closed due to bad weather however it was not raining all day. When told they would open it, we waited for 20 minutes and nobody showed up. 2 hrs later it was still closed. It was a main reason we booked this hotel so therefore we were disappointed.

Beds were super comfy!

Comfortable bed and friendly staff
    • Superior Queen

Was not aware that regular rooms only had full bed. Since I was travelling with my 15 year old daughter, I had asked for two twin beds, but instead got an extra bed that was not very comfortable. Room was also dark and air-conditioning noisy.

Comfortable bed and friendly staff

Staff at reception desk is very rude and not helpful. good location but that`s all!

Staff is very rude and not helpful. I left a jacket at the hotel, they simply refuse to solve, keep transfer the call to security but nobody answer. good location but that's all. they offered me an upgrade days before the beginning of stay, but by the time i checked-in bad news it is not available. why offer it if its not available?? :/

better service and attendance could make this place recommendable
    • Standard King Room

the staff at the reception, impatient and waiting too long to be attended although it seemed that there was enough staff going around. bed not comfortable at all, too high and mattress too soft, woke up every day with back stiffness. have to ask for extra soap and body lotion although charged with spa fee every day??!! what for??!!

the location!

Great location, but outrageous resort fee and cheap bathroom fixtures marred the experience
    • Standard King Room

The $30+/night “urban fee” is ridiculous. It includes local and long distance phone service, but who needs that nowadays? Internet service was slow and unreliable. And, the room description said all rooms have a rainfall shower, but ours had a cheap plastic handheld shower from Home Depot’s cheap brand, Glacier Bay.

Room very clean and bed was comfortable. The location couldn’t be beat, with a subway stop within two blocks of the hotel. Lots of neighborhood restaurants and markets conveniently located.

Convenient, Clean, Calm.....
    • Superior Queen

No complaints.....just wish I had the time to use the gym. It's good.

Super clean and good size room and bathroom - especially for New York. Got a great night's sleep in a dark and quiet room. Keurig Starbucks allowed for a nice slow start to the morning. If you like this location, this is an excellent choice.

room was beautifully decorated and appointed in a way that...
    • Standard King Room

room was beautifully decorated and appointed in a way that made it feel big. bathroom was perfect. services were great. check in and check out expedient. will stay here again!

Location was excellent.
    • Superior Queen

The room and bathroom was smaller than expected. The restaurant attached was so so. The bar closes early.

Location was excellent. Neighborhood was beautiful. There was a drugstore right next door and lots of shops and restaurants on the block.

I left my phone cord in the room and called back to ask if...
    • Superior Queen

That they didn't have my phone cord when I called

I left my phone cord in the room and called back to ask if they found it. They said no and I know it was left in the room. Not an expensive piece to replace but the fact that either the staff took it or threw it away is irritating.

Browse NYLO New York City traveller photo gallery