Reviews of Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North 3 stars

2700 Hotel Terrace Drive, Santa Ana, CA 92705, USA

#6 of 19 hotels in Santa Ana

I liked that the property was centrally located to all the...
    • Business King Room with Sofa Bed

I was disappointed with the fitness room. One of the reasons we decided to stay at this hotel was for the fitness room. There were 4 of us families that stayed there with 5 boys that were playing in the baseball tournament and are serious about regularly working out. Not only was the fitness room too small to accommodate the 5 of them but 2 of the 4 fitness machines were not working at the time of our stay!

I liked that the property was centrally located to all the baseball fields our boys played at that weekend. I also liked the wonderful breakfasts every morning.

Good room with good service and good pool to relax in
    • Business King Room with Sofa Bed

One plate of breakfast per person no extras no creamer with coffee in the rooms never brought more cups

Hot breakfast with pass everything else without it overall good place to stay soundproof walls and comfortable bed

LOL, as a matter of fact, the bed did feel quite comfortable...
    • Business King Room with Sofa Bed

The elevator was too far away from our room.

LOL, as a matter of fact, the bed did feel quite comfortable amd the location was very closeto everything.

Great location close to the airport and shopping center.

The bed moved around (it was on a Hollywood frame, and there was no carpeting in the room... makes for a tricky combination). Combined bathroom sink/coffee area was small - yet the separate tub/toilet area was quite large.

Breakfast was cooked fresh to order! Staff was friendly and helpful, rooms were clean, property was nice. Walking distance to a great restaurant called Spooners.

The lady at front was mainly only good aspect.

The room lights didn’t work right the tv was broken n not able to watch and the room was just Old n not clean looking

The lady at front desk was awesome

Great place to stay near Disneyland at a reasonable price with hot breakfast at no extra charge.
    • Business King Room with Sofa Bed

Sleeper sofa in our room was a twin size. We were expecting a full size sleeper sofa and therefore had to order a roll-away bed for one of our grandchildren. The sleeper sofa in our room needs to be replaced ASAP! It looks worn-out and over-used. Pool was not heated.

It was a pleasant surprise to find out our breakfast was included for no extra charge. Even though on the booking.com site it was noted that breakfast was available for extra $10.00. Breakfast was cooked to order from a selection of 4 menus. Very good! We used the pool and hot-tub on our first day. Pool was not heated however, hot tub was nice.

Loved the breakfast, clean, comfortable rooms and nearness...

Lack of sound proofing, person upstairs pacing at 2:30 am making floor squeak, people outside late at night making lots of noise made it difficult to sleep. Nothing really within walking distance like coffee shops, pharmacies or grocery store.

Loved the breakfast, clean, comfortable rooms and nearness to airport. Free shuttle to airport was great. Over all a nice place to stay.

Good hotel. Great breakfast. Plenty of parking.

Could hear room next door clearly which was not true last time i stayed here. Mattress easily slid off platform.

The hot custom breakfast awesome! Very comfortable bed. Liked non-carpeted floor.

Great vacation hotel

I was not pleased with the gym. Their was only 2 machines working.

I love the location. It’s in a street of just nice hotels. Very close to gas stations, Walmart and almost across from the freeway. The staff was very nice. If we needed something they were in it quick. Everything is so nice and clean. The breakfast is very good.

Great value and convenience!

The hotel is very close to business parks and the John Wayne Airport which makes it great for meetings and easily catching a flight. The breakfast was better than expected with hot dishes made to order.

Convenience, big enough rooms, friendly, helpful staff.
    • Business King Room with Sofa Bed

Breakfast room and too thick cups. Watery coffee, cleanliness of tables Cleanliness of facilities in the gym. Treadmill and bike handles would need a more frequent thorough wipes.

Convenience, big enough rooms, friendly, helpful staff.

Extremely disappointing and lacking proper training in hotel management or etiquette

Staff especially management did a very poor job of dealing with a theft situation that happened on-site. They were unwilling to assist or offer apologies for the stolen from the laundry facility and actually told me I lacked common sense entrusting the area despite the fact that their were security cameras. When I asked them to review the camera footage, I was informed the cameras were fake. The manager offered no comps nor even the slightest empathy for our situation and told me call the cops if I wanted but there was nothing he could do. Very ride, unprofessional, and lacking any degree of customer service for a management type position. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

Helpful staff and clean sheets/towels.

Breakfast was ok but the setup of the room was poor and everyone bottlenecks art he entry door making it hard for people to get items they wanted or to enter or leave the breakfast room. The quality of the food was a bit on the low side but not less so than most other hotels that offer free breakfasts

Helpful staff and clean sheets/towels.

good value but not comfortable

The pillow and the air conditioner

Bed is ok but the pillows are very uncomfortable ! Since the air conditioner is situated near one side of the bed , it's a torture having cool wind blowing to your whole body the whole night.

Never again, at this facility.
    • Business King Room with Sofa Bed

My truck was broken into right in front of the hotel lobby, your desk clerk said there are no security camera in the front parking lot, unbelievable. All my personal property taken out my truck, and the ignition switch and door lock also was damage. This was a horrible stay at this hotel, and it cost me to get have my vehicle tow home and get repair.

Nothing about my stay here

A well-run facility for travelers

There was a bit of noise from the nearby John Wayne airport. There didn't seem to be much immediately nearby in terms of eateries, although a strip with lots of stores and restaurants is just a couple of miles away.

A nice facility for people who are transiting through SoCal. It is located with several other motels in a kind of cul-de-sac off the busiest streets. It has a good pool and hot tub, as well as laundry machines. Parking wasn't a problem. The breakfast was better than average with short-order eggs, hash browns, etc.

Not for me....
    • Business King Room with Sofa Bed

Room had a funky smell. Almost felt like sheets hadn't been changed. Couch was FILTHY! Looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years and smelled really bad. Hot and cold water was reversed on the sink. Just a basic room for OC but I won't stay again. It didn't feel like the room was clean.

Location and staff were the best things about this hotel

Having stayed multiple times at the property with my husband. Was disappointed overall!
    • Business King Room with Sofa Bed

The reception was like entering a funeral parlor. I was non existent as the two talked around me to each other answered the phone several times( two staff but the one attending to me kept stopping to answer the phone..the other just waited to resume his conservation with the other staff person) I had a large black spider in my towel package. The refridge dripped and didn't stay cold. Most refridg goods were spoiled.

The staff were incredible and because I am disabled they did everything they could to help me. They work very hard but are truly people oriented and always smiling. The housekeeper assigned to my area was outstanding and accommodating. She truly knew how to make sure everything was a ok in her assigned area.

Definitely a do-over

They had a very small vending area in the lobby. It could have provided more to guests.

The property was really nice. I was pleasantly surprised. Rooms were clean. Quiet and safe. The pool was fun for the kids. Easy access to the freeway. Breakfast was really good. You order (3 choices to choose from), then get all the muffins, cereal, Extras you want. I'd stay there again.

Great value, nice staff, good lovation

A little noisy from other rooms but did quiet down by 1030. It is summer so expect a little more noise. Possibly had a smoker in rm at one time.

Good value, clean, excellrnt breakfast. Only negative was room probably had a smoker in it at one time

I'd stay again

No restaurants nearby. On site breakfast doesn't have sugar free syrup. Have to use room towels for pool and call housekeeping for replacements.

Close to the freeway. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Hot breakfast was made to order. Elevator and parking close to room.

Comfy beds, GREAT breakfast, easy off I-5 and I-55.

When I spilled some water on the carpet and went to wipe it up with a washcloth, the washcloth was very dirty to the point of grossing me out. Reminded me of why I never go barefoot in a hotel room but that's a common problem.

Hot, made to order breakfast was awesome! The menu changed a bit over the course of our 4 night stay. We didn't use the pool but it seemed popular with other guests. Front desk staff was super friendly as was the breakfast crew. Very comfortable beds, even my teenager noticed how much. Will stay again when in the area for sure.

Good for budget
    • Business King Room with Sofa Bed

Breakfast wasn't great. Pre cut fruit that has been sitting in salty water for preservation made them gross, watermelon had no taste and ham looked cheap and suspicious. We paid for 3 breakfasts and only ate one because it was not good.

Everything was clean and everyone was nice. The pool area was great.

Free hot and fresh

The lock on the door was malfunctioning we had to go to the lobby 4 or 5 times to get a new key. Very inconvenient we were in another building. Got a new key and tha one didn't work the maid had to open the door for us.

Free hot and fresh

My family enjoyed the pool and location was perfect for our...

Breakfast staff weren't very friendly - they did their job and were polite but looked as if they could care less. If you say thank you, there is no response - no smiles, just a could care less attitude - just shoved the plates to you. Happened every day - we stayed 4 nights. In particular/ there were 2 ladies bringing the hot plates to you. A smile or "you are welcome" cost nothing.

My family enjoyed the pool and location was perfect for our trip. Laundry staff was great. My daughter in law was sick and so room could not be cleaned on a daily basis but the supervisor accommodated us with clean towels daily. She was friendly and caring.

It was A GREAT STAY

We would have like to have had sausage or bacon with breakfast, this is the only BW that doesn't those are my kids favorite with hash browns.

The rooms were very spacious. My daughter said "Mom this is the Best Western we have stayed at." We have stayed at many. It had a comfortable bed and pillow.

A good choice in Santa Ana
    • Business King Room with Sofa Bed

Staff checked us in early. They were friendly and accommodating. Our room seemed to be recently undated and redone. Carpet, bathroom and decor were like new. Good hotel, especially for the price. They have a cooked to order breakfast that is way above most "free breakfasts."

Will not be returning back!!!
    • Business King Room with Sofa Bed

The front desk did not warn us that there would be construction in the morning. Did not appreciate that one bit due to the fact that this was a trip away from kids and was looking forward to sleeping in! They also charged our card even after we told them that we would be paying cash. I informed the gentleman when we first arrived that we would be paying cash and they still charged our card.

We really enjoyed the hot food and coffee.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Best complimentary breakfast I've ever had at a hotel.

Fantastic breakfast - Hashbrowns, eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes... Cooked fresh as you order and delivered to you at your table! Of course they also had bagels, fruit, sweet rolls, cereal - all the normal things you find at other hotels. I was amazed at the quality of this hotel for such a good price. It was not too far from the beach (about a 20 min drive), and that free breakfast was wonderful.

Find another hotel

The breakfast was marginal. Hot food was served cold. The shower head seems to be the same in all Best Western Plus hotels. It is very poor quality and for women it is not adjustable and one cannot keep their hair dry. I would not stay at this hotel again as it is surrounded by many others. Since we booked through Booking.com we were put in the far back side of the facility.

Make sure you cancel in time
    • Business King Room with Sofa Bed

We made our reservation through Booking.com and had selected the free cancellation option, which allowed us to cancel up to the Friday before our stay (Saturday night). On Saturday our plans changed due to a family emergency so we contacted the hotel and booking.com to see if there was anyway we could cancel our stay. The agent for booking.com was very sympathetic and tried to help us as much as she could. But, the general manager at the hotel would not waive the cancellation fee so we had to drive well over 100 miles since we didn't want to lose the money. Very disappointing but I guess understandable. Not sure if we will be back to this hotel in the future.

Breakfast was "made to order" although the selections were limited. Very good breakfast though the room was very crowded.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Watch they double charge your stay
    • Business King Room with Sofa Bed

I booked the two nights for my buddy. I was told that as long as the room was paid by her. I should not be charged. However, she paid the room and I got charged too. What a lier. Better watch their trick!!

The location seems okay.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Great place to stay

There are no complaints. Ive stayed at several properties and have worked at several properties. This is a grrat place.

I checked in right after eye surgery. The staff was extreemly accomodating. I asked for a easy accessible room with a good view in the reservation comments so i could wake up to something nice. They made this happen. Parking was easy and plentiful. Breakfast was amazing and included.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Great Bargain
    • Business King Room with Sofa Bed

Only problem was kids running up and down the halls on Friday night. Not the hotels fault but uncaring parents.

Everything was excellent, the room was clean and quiet and the location is great. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and the room rate was excellent.

would recommend
    • Business King Room with Sofa Bed

The coffee in the rooms was horrible! The front desk staff weren't the nicest people either.

The rooms were cozy, a good size, and the beds were comfortable! The pool and hot tub were very nice along with the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Overall good value, non smoking policy surprise
    • Business King Room with Sofa Bed

This hotel offers smoking rooms on website and booking.com but the facility is smoke free. Very big problem if you booked smoking then arrive to see $200 Smoking fee.it feels like a trick to get extra fees.

Kind front desk staff and security. Clean room, need more signs and directions posted around site, big confusing layout to get to and from lobby, room, parking.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Great value

The mattress was as bit too hard.

The room is a good size with ample space in the bathroom. The breakfast offers a nice variety and includes hot food We enjoyed the hot tub after a day of shopping in the nearby malls Centrally located: short drives to shopping, airport, beaches, and theme parks

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

The cleaning staff and the breakfast staff were very nice

The experience was pretty nice the hotel staff was wonderful until I checked out and asked questions about the bill. The counter person talked over and told me he knew what I needed and it was all ok. I had to stop and call the bank and it wasn't. I'm waiting to find out if it clears and drops off. There were triple holds and a third charge for the hotel room I was told it was normal. Thankfully I wasn't in need of the money for the trip.

The cleaning staff and the breakfast staff were very nice

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Good deal in Santa Ana
    • Business King Room with Sofa Bed

Refrigerator didn't work however it did get rectified.

Good location for my needs. Breakfast was cook-to-order and room & Wi-Fi were great. Staff were friendly and willing to help.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

For a functional, value for money airport stay, absolutely perfect

The only thing I was say was a drawback was the lack of liquid soap/shower gel in the bathroom.

Hot breakfast included with the room, excellent value for money with unlimited fruit and pastries

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

• Business King Room with Sofa Bed

I have been visiting family in Huntington Beach Ca. For years and very very disappointed in the filthy hotel locations until our pleasant stay at your Best Western locationPlan to stay there on my next visit!

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

dont book!
    • Business King Room with Sofa Bed

bed isn't comfortable, room dirty, AC/heater is very loud to the point it wont make you sleep!!!!!! i talked to the manager and he wasn't willing to give me any kind of compensation

the location

Good value for the money.

The refrigerator inside the cabinet door. Having to open two doors to get the contents of frig kind of a pain.

I liked the fresh cooked breakfast and choices being rotated a couple of times. The service was also very fast. Fresh fruit choices changed also.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Decent place
    • Business King Room with Sofa Bed

Shower head didn't work well, ,some CLR soaking to remove the calcium and we didn't get shampoo until we asked , just minor things .the breakfast was ok, not really much option other than eggs and 1 meat choice /day.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Convenient location, somewhat lacking in comfort
    • Business King Room with Sofa Bed

I was eaten alive by bugs overnight - The culprit very well could have been mosquitos, but I asked staff to check for bedbugs, and have not yet heard a confirmation. Some of the room's lamps did not work. Seating is very limited at breakfast.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Free wifi and breakfast was also a plus.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

You can find a better hotel for the same $ or less

Breakfast is really bad. Everything tastes like it came out of a can. Hotel wasn't renovated for 20 years (or this is how it feels). doesn't feel clean at all. You can get much better for the same $ or less.

Good sized rooms, easy access from car to room

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Perfect little getaway!

Location is perfect.. accommodations are clean & comfortable. Property is well maintained. Breakfast is an added bonus. Staff is always helpful & polite.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

This is now my hotel of choice when visiting Los Angeles

The only thing that didn't match with the rest of the facility was the gym. The equipment is dated, but it all worked except for the stair master.

The rooms are spacious and very clean! The beds were comfy, and loved that there was not only a fridge in the room, but a microwave as well. This hotel is close to the freeway and tons of restaurants and shopping center, which I loved. Oh and let me not forget about the awesome breakfast they had every morning from 6am-930am.

loved how nice yet affordable the room was!
    • Business King Room with Sofa Bed

I was charged twice due to poor mis information & communication from front desk.

loved how nice yet affordable the room was! very spacious as well! 10/10

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

The breakfast food was good.

The tables in dining room need to be wiped off faster. 3 out of the 5 days that I ate in the dining room I had to clean my table of spilled food and drinks.

The breakfast food was good. The room was comfortable. The bed was very comfortable. The staff very pleasant and helpful. Good location.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Poor customer service
    • Business King Room with Sofa Bed

I never stayed in santa ana before and I called the best western 800 number prior to our stay to fibd out if the hotel is close to the beach and if there are little shops/ restaurant in walking distance. I was told that the hotel lies in middle a littke village aporox. 10 min from the beach and with little shops and restaurants in walking distance. Upon this information I booked the hotel only to find out that it is located in the middle of an industrial area with nothing close by! Very dissapointing! Upon arrival i asked for a coffee and was told that they have no coffee - only in the mornings! I then asked for ice water and was told that the ice maker is broken and i can take water out of the tab! My husband found a working ice maker later that day! I wanted to use the gym the next day- the treadmil was older then me, the metal of the handrail was shipped and i ended up with metal splinters in my hand. There was no safety stop to the treadmil. I mentioned all this to the frontdesk and the only reply was then i should stop using the gym! A gym i paid for. There were more of this examples and mostly there were lots of personel working at the reception desk but not one treated us well - they were too busy chatting among themselves. Very poor experience at a best western where in all others we have been treated very well!

Actually nothing - maybe that the room was clean!

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

Overall Excellant Stay
    • Business King Room with Sofa Bed

Upstairs guests were heavy footed. Another guest on our floor decided to ignore the no-smoking in rooms policy, lit up in the bathroom. Smoke smell came into our room. Our quick fix was to turn the bathroom fan on and close the door.

Everything. Staff courteous and responsive. Breakfast great. Hardworking crew. Like the walk-in shower. Beds comfortable.

More motel than hotel

This is not business class hotel by any measure. Tough fairly clean, it was at the bottom of my tolerance for someplace I felt comfortable staying. Priced higher than it's worth. Looked nicer in photos than in actuality. It's a more motel than hotel.

Staff was helpful and the location, if airport proximity matters to you, was very good. Breakfast was included, and decent.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Bring Lysol and frebreze

Bad odor in the room outdated Decor Felt unsafe, staff was non-caring , Limited food choices, water down Orange juice, value bread used , Maid service did not leave towels or shampoo . Price was not worth the service that we received .

Nothing stood out

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Nice hotel, great access to John Wayne airport.

Was sorry to miss breakfast But had to leave before it was available. Not your fault.

Proximity and ease of access to the airport without the noise, clean facility, friendly staff.Nice pool but no time to try it out.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Wouldn't come back ever again

Was overcharged $155.39 TWICE which resulted in an overdraft in my account and they basically told me I have to wait for the money to come back in. No one on staff was helpful. The shower drain would get clogged up easily.

Free breakfast, free parking and free wifi

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Great Place, Price, and Pleasure.

The eggs for breakfast were not good - probably substitutes - either way tasted weird and we couldn't eat them. Everything else was great!

Free Breakfast - Check in and stay was great!

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Excellent value for the money, close to main highways and lots of places to eat close by.

A TV guide to tell us what was on tv.

Breakfast was not made ahead.....eggs done the way I like them. Staff at the desk was very helpful with directions to shopping.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Great facility for the money
    • Business King Room with Sofa Bed

Requesting a first floor and always saying they cannot always accommodate. Can't understand why this is such a difficult task when requesting at time of reservation

The breakfast choices are really good. The staff always accommodating to make breakfast tasty

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

PGF Tournament Stay

price was on the higher side then other times we have stayed in the area.

Breakfast was good. Parking included a definite plus. Close to the softball fields and places to eat / shop. Hotel staff very nice. Housekeeping staff kept rooms nice - accommodating with towels.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

We enjoy coming back to our room and finding it nice and cool and clean and relaxing. Not too noisy

They should have or add more hot items for breakfast.

The location was good. Parking was good. Enjoy the breakfast. Rooms were clean..had no problem getting change to a room with double beds bc of an error on the reservations I had made. I really had wanted double queen beds and they made the change for me. Was was very satisfy. We have been staying here for the last few years, everytime we come to Calif. this is where we stay. And we have been coming every summer.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Great hotel super friendly staff.

The hotel staff charged my card an extra $100 without notifying me I didn't find out till I went to put gas.the gas charge would not go through. If this is a normal procedure I would appreciate if I were told ahead of time thanks

Great hotel super friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Awesome stay

The breakfast experience was a little different, from other hotels we've stayed at before, especially the hot breakfast part of it. We thought it was gonna be a buffet style type of set up.

The staff was jovious especially in the front desk. Very accommodating and friendly. I would definitely be back, and I'll tell my friends and family about this hotel.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Great spot to shops Disneyland or a trip into San Diego or Los Angeles

Great location very peaceful for being near a airport didn't hear a thing room clean king bed nice but the couch was a bit old but that's all I can fault

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Great for one night stay

The bed was not super soft like a cloud but it was not hard like a rock.

The place was excellent as it had everything you expect from a hotel stay. It was our first experience reserving one so this one is going to be extra special. What I liked most was the cleanses of the place.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

When I checked in, they did not inspect the sink.

When I checked in, they did not inspect the sink. the plug was stuck and I have to use my hand to lift it up every time for the dirty water to drain down. However, they fixed the next day.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Pleasant stay at Best Western/

The breakfast area was very small and not alot of room to move. Not only that is was full all the time no matter time you came in for breakfast. Our shower head only had a trickle of water in a steady stream, water pressure wasn't very good

The room was very clean and the staff was very friendly and willing to work with you no matter the situation.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

Great place to stay, and an excellent location!

I have no complaints, we throughly enjoyed our stay :)

Loved the continental breakfasts every morning, the pool and the hot tub was very clean and nice. Our room was cleaned very well each day and the staff at the front desk was very helpful. I will definitely come back here to stay!

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

Over priced old room broken couch
    • Business King Room with Sofa Bed

Arrived late the front desk person said we were last to arrive when we entered the room the first thing you notice is a lack of lighting the furnishing are beaten down and old I smelled the sheets to make sure they were clean because my first impression was an old dirty room. Turns out the basics were clean just old and run down room

The bed was a little hard and pillows were small but they did give you 4 per bed

Great location. Had everything we needed

Pretty good for a one night stay
    • Business King Room with Sofa Bed

The pillows we're tiny and lumpy

I liked the clean room and nice showers

Great places to stay, good location and the front desk guy...
    • Business King Room with Sofa Bed

Great places to stay, good location and the front desk guy was great! He deserves a raise!

We would definitely stay here again!

Beautiful spot, fine service, and excellent breakfast. Easy to get to and from the airport, and they were able to give us early check-in.

I would recommend to anyone.

Very clean, very friendly staff, relaxed, safe stay. Thanks so much.

It was okay over all. The staff at the check in wasn’t so friendly.
    • Business King Room with Sofa Bed

The bed made squeaky noises

The bed felt cheap so does the couch in a business executive room. The bed kept making noises when moving around