Reviews of Orlando Continental Plaza Hotel 2 stars

5.1

4.9

6.2

5.7

The out dated rooms and tv and tv channels not clean I would not recommend this hotel where it's located should be up to par being next to Universal studios

Absolutely nothing was a horrible unclean and out dated hotel for where it's located in the heart of tourism next to the biggest theme park Universal Studios that is the wrong hotel where it's located to be nasty like that and way out dated will not recommend no channels for kids

Carpet damp and seemed dirty. Air conditioning on a timer so it turned on and off. I wanted a king size bed and the front desk guy acknowledged. But we got 2 beds. We would’ve like the pool side but apparently unavailable. Thank you

My room, the air conditioning didn't work and the security safe.They offered to move me, but I had a joining room with friends. The hotel was full and I didn't want be away from my friends. The safe didn't work, but it did get fixed after we went out for the day. Over all it was dirty and is in need of major up grade and cleaning. The staff was nice and location, thank you.

Front Desk staff nice.

The check-in process was long and ridiculous. The bathroom ceiling was bulging. There was mold where the ceiling meets the walls in the room. The bathtub was filthy. The toilet was old and clanky. It took them an entire 2 days to bring me a shower stool. They were unable/unwilling to assist my father and me with our luggage, even though we are both disabled (I'm in a wheelchair, he's in a mobility scooter). They messed up our booking, too.

The beds were amazingly comfortable! The AC was powerful, which was nice.

The hotel itself is in pretty bad condition, old and in desperate need of renovation. The rooms are tiny and noisy, especially the AC unit. The bathroom fixtures are rusty and the two towels they gave us were thin and worn out. Two towels for a family of 4! When I asked for 2 more towels I felt like I was seriously inconveniencing the staff.

The best thing about this hotel is the location, which is excellent, just 3 minutes from Universal Studios. Easy to get in and out and close to International Drive and I4. However, the surroundings are shabby, with several closed businesses right next door.

pictures online are not what the rooms were like, they were old. Door did not meet at bottom. bathrooms were old did not even want to use it. I did not realize you could only use internet in lobby, very inconvinent for guest for over a hundred a night you should at least have wifi if not breakfast.

The toilet seat was falling off because it was not connected properly. There wasn’t enough towels. The bathroom door was dirty. There wasn’t an iron in the room. There was work being done in the next room which started at 8am so it was extremely hard to sleep.

I liked that it was very close to universal studios

Everything said that their pool was heated. And it was not. Also they had a continental breakfast but it was only for certain people. I don't know why or what determines who gets continental breakfast and who didn't

The location, it is close to Universal Studios

Well, when I first entered the room, I immediately checked the bathroom. Toilet tank was leaking on the floor (Room #113). I notified front desk and he said he would have the problem taken care of. Problem not fixed during our entire stay. No refrigerator in the room unless you pay extra. Kids were told that they were being too loud while swimming in the outside pool. Toilet backed up Monday evening. I was told that I would have to use the public bathroom cause they did not have anyone to unclog the toilet after hours. Walked into public bathroom and floor was completely flooded with water and poop overflowing from toilet. Security finally found equipment to unclog toilet. No coffee and no breakfast, we had to pay for everything.

Close to Universal Parks and restaurants. Staff were helpful. I asked for extra pillows and towels and they were delivered to our room. The older Spanish lady was very nice and the young brother did his best.

that there was no wifi in the rooms or not in house shuttle service to or from the airport we had a broken heater in the room that was never fixed during our stay

the location in relation to where we were planning on visiting the the Orlando eye and universal

Checkin to more than 30 minutes. Staff not friendly. Very very dirty. Ants in the room. Poor water pressure Tub didn’t drain. Soo gross

Location to places we wanted to go was good

I had my room cleaned when I went to the Kennedy Space Centre. When I returned the keys and New Canada Key chain for my luggage where gone. They were on the set of draws near the TV the whole time I was there. I had to get one of the staff to break the lock off my main bag so I could pack. The women with the bad attitude could not have cared less and it cost me USA dollars $32.60 for New locks. This should be re credited to my card, but as yet they have not answered any of my emails before I left home.

There was one lady staff member who was very nice, I lost her name but she was a mature lady with a hard to spell surname. The lady in the breakfast room was really nice also. The women who done the check in was not at all friendly and had a horrible attitude.

We were overcharged for a run down motel.

We were charged almost $200 a night for a motel that would not charge more than $40. Even the person who checked us in was shocked.

Wifi was available only at the reception. Staff could have been nicer and more helpful. Key deposit (easy to forget to get money back)

Parking at side, cheap breakfast available. Location close to shops and restaurants. Price

Many hidden and non disclosed fees, did not stay there as the property knickle and dimes everything, so the value you think you save when you book is no where near your final cost. They have a local person deposit and different amount for travelers that is not disclosed upon booking. They also charge for everything, refrigerator, etc.. Also not disclosed on Booking. So final price here is not the final price.

Location was close to many attractions

Location. Hahahah. We were right by I4 and heard construction well past midnight. The property charges for everything- ice, a piece of bread, etc.

Location! We were going to Universal and actually walked back to the hotel after our day there.

The bedspread was stained, cigarette burn marks on the edge of the bathtub, sheetrock exposed by the toilet paper holder, stains on the rug.

Room was a nice size and good location to Universal...but room was dirty.

It's not a hotel you choose for its charme, that's obvious, but it's near the attractions. Just, if you take the bus to the airport (a great choice if you're on a budget) move early... we thought 1hour was enough but it takes 2 hours, and we lost the flight :(

The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was big and comfy, just 15 minutes walk from Island of Adventure!

Where do I start? Key card did not work, maintenance had to unlock door. Want coffee in the morning you can pay for it at the Cafe. Breakfast?, pay for it at the Cafe. Ice for your room? .25 cents a bucket. Refrigerator in your room? $5 a day extra.Parking? Only the handicap spots available. Quiet? Not a chance if your on the Interstate side. Beds? rough as heck. Room Updates? nope not here. WiFi? only available in Lobby. $50 added to your credit card for incidental items when you check in(probably have to file a dispute with Credit card company). Good luck if you can get the TV to work. Call front desk to report a problem? forget it phone did not work.

The price and the friendly staff. Clean. Good area and Location. nothing else!!!!!! A/C did work well.

the bed horibel the bath room the bathroom rugs y dont stay never again for one dollar per night never again

very bath very smelt the chair in the loby dirty for us the hotel must close and make a renovation

Upgrade and better customer service at the front desk!

The property needs to be upgraded badly and asking for a $200 deposit was absurd, even though you get it back as long as you don't destroy anything. The wi-fi is non existent and it's not a place that I would recommend again. I stayed there because I was displaced during hurricane Irma and had no electricity so for me that deposit was ridiculous.

I put my info in the wrong block?

It was a hurricane stay ! Felt safe in area. However,i do not plan to go back until I have seen the sanitation report. My friend had to wash her feet, put on shoes to go to bed. We had to look at 3 rooms before finding 1 that did not smell like animal pee!. Just sad mess. Oh, I'm sorry ...you asked for what I liked.LP Travel agent !

seemed run down, staff were pleasant but facility needs updates

Location and availability. Availability on a busy weekend and Location because it was near a few less expensive restaurants and some gift shops.

The whole hotel is very dated, shabby and not very clean. The rooms carpet was wet and did not reach the walls. The bathroom was very tired with rust and broken items. The room had various bugs and cockroaches all over

- The room was dingy - Water leak in the bathroom from the ceiling - The sheets were dirty - Holes in the wall - Bedsheets felt damp and had stains

Did not like anything.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

No modern conveniences. One ice machine for 4 floors, which required coins to dispense ice. Wifi in lobby only. First morning, there was no hot water. You get what you pay for.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

No wifi in the room nor the coffee maker. Close to a highway - you could hear the traffic noise.

Walking distance to Universal parks and many restaurants, mini golf and shops. Very spacious room and very warm pool. Since we spent all days at the parks, the hotel has had everything we needed.

Room smelled musty. Carpet had sticky spots. Bathroom had sugar ants. The toilet would not stop running. Two of the lamps would not turn on. AC is set automatically to 74 degrees and I could not customize the temperature.

It was close to where I needed to be.

it was too old for the money. Paint can't hide everything. Needs to be updated. Carpet was bad, didn't want to walk on it. Beds were old and comforters were terrible. Towel were not fresh. The sound of the interstate was awful. The smell of the cleaning fluids were way to strong to try and get some sleep.

The hot water

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

The staff checking in was not friendly. Cleaning maid came around to clean and didn't leave us any towels for the next day. The phone was out of service. Our sink in the restroom was clogged. There was no iron or ironing board in room. We had to call for it using our personal phone and they questioned us on requesting one. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Guest Services was informative on parks/ tickets near by.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

There were roaches in the room, our key didn't work in the door, there was no tissue, and the floor was wet/sticky. When I told the front desk they didn't offer me a discount or anything.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

everything about it was awful. first room had broken beds, 2nd room random people came in. ice machine broken on every floor, shower broken, staff not friendly at all. still have not received $50 deposit back.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

I was a little upset, booking.com never sent the booking confirmation to the hotel. Thank God they had rooms available when we got there. So they were able to book us in a room. Also, the shower head in our room did not work right. The lights over the bed were not working.

Hotel was clean.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Internet only by the lobby.

Good location. Very good price. Shuttle buses to Disney and Universal Parks. Shops, restaurants and many atractions next to the hotel.

Room wasn't very clean, carpets needed a good clean or be replaced, bed bugs were found in the beds (could happen anywhere and staff were very accommodating with another room).

Great location for Universal Studios, Wet & Wild and International drive. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Room old and dirty and smelled really bad.

Location is great, but the room smelled really bad and bathroom was old and dirty and the whole room was filty.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Fortunately we don't have any complaints

Once we arrived at the hotel, our first impression was on charges of the receptionist Mrs Martylina, her professionalism and approaching was outstanding and absolutely warming. Thanks Mrs Martylina

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

This was the most horrible experience that I have staying at a hotel. It was dirty and smell like humidity. Everything was old and have 0 mainteinance.

Out dated hotel in need of MAJOR renovations. Cigarette burns on the shower tub and carpets. Light fixtures didn't work and I had to spend 20 minutes twisting and turning cable so I could get an image on an old TV. Shady characters roaming the hotel property.

Closeness to Wet N' Wild

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

Run down,needs update and lots of things were not working, smelled old and musty like humidity and mildew.Could use fresh paint and newer fixtures.

The location is great and convenient and the price is cheap, but you get what you pay for...

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

Is this actually a motel??? This hotel is super sketchy. I dont feel safe walking from the car to my room. Rooms and hallways are dark and dingy. No sense of security. Poor locks and keys. The staff told us our card was denied and tried making us pay again, but our bank said everything had gone through. Everything about this hotel and our room was old and falling apart. The tub was nasty and had visible holes. The bar to hold our towels actually fell off during our stay. The sink area was carpeted and smelled like mildew. Everything that was metal in the room had rust. They really need to update the bedding and furniture. Wifi signal didnot reach our room. Would never stay here again.

You get what you pay for.

Not telling you that theres a 50$ deposit

Bathroom was dirty. Looked very old and moldy

Worrying amount of hairs left in the bathroom.

Staff friendly, good value for money.

All was horrible.

The place was dirty and the service was horrible the a/c unit on the room was not working properly won’t ever book there again.

The room that was assigned to me was dirty.

the location! 20 min from the airport and 20 min to Dowtown Orlando!

No Internet in the rooms, only around the pool and lobby.

Rooms were do dirty I checked for bed bugs

The location only.

no clean old no wifi

The hotel is in desperate need of an upgrade. Very worn down

Nice and friendly lady at the front desk

No wifi in rooms. Carpet on the floors was sticky.

Hot water. Good location

outdated...needs fresh everything.

The bed was great....Beautyrest I think

No microwave no mini fridge no complementary coffee nothing place was dirty really disgusting the guy who checked me is very disrespectful

The smell of the room wasn't great. Construction going on and price was high for that.

Location was good.

The carpets are not clean, the sheets are not comfortable, there were insects in the room...

Staff was very slow and the room smelled weird.

It is super close to Universal Studios

The room and the bathroom are not very clean. The TV not worked and cockroach in the bathroom.

Only the location

there was not even a light bulb in the stand. no fridge or microwave either. stains on things that looked like blood stains

Cost is more, no wifi in the rooms, no complementary breakfast., No cleanliness!!

I didn't like it

Staff were rude, impolite and nasty

Everything was horrible. Toilet was flooding every time . Riches, dirty ...

Nothing at all

dirty,carpets,bathrooms,walls,etc,etc

location,only

Way overpriced!!!

Dirty place killed two roches and a spider in our room

Location good for parks

Everything else.

They must remodel. The place is old so is the furniture.

Old rundown, sheets and bedding should be replaced. Room needs to maintaned. Could have been cleaner.

Close to universal

No Wi-Fi in rooms. No breakfast included as advertised. No microwave, refrigerator or enough soaps/ towels in room.

Close to universal studio

Smelly room, crooked bed. The hotel is old and needs urgent renovation.

Cleaning service.

Good location to the parks.

Found a cockroach in the room. The floor is sticky. felt like Cuba

My trip in general but not the hotel. won’t be coming back

No wifi in the rooms.

Staff are great

This place shouldn't be in business. It was filthy and should never have passed health inspections