Reviews of Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel 3 stars

7299 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32819, USA

#158 of 407 hotels in Orlando

Kinda disappointed
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Some of the house keepers are nasty n lazy, the restaurant needs to add more to the menu, some of the cooks cannot cook, guests has to much freedom to be having sexual relations in pool and spa while kids are swimming

Staff for the most part is friendly, attentive, n courteous... The deli is on point.. shuttles to theme parks, breakfast is ok, depending on the cook.. overall I give this hotel a 8.3

I will read all property details better to see if price is good.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

This property was displayed to make you believe breakfast was included. When I arrived I was told breakfast was $10 per person. They also ad $6 per stay. Also when you arrive they give you a free gift. This gift is a salesman trying to get you to go to a presentation. I arrived at 11 pm with a lobby and parking lot full of police. They were evicting and towing a car.

The property is under renovation but the pool and ho tubes looked nice. Beds were good.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds

It’s was dirty, no security ! Anyone could ve gone to the elevators. They charged me ONE additional night because I stayed 2 hours over check out time ! Awful customer service !

A vacation I will definitely remember 😎😍💖😘👏💪💯🙏😎
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Diana, Anpavia, Renata, n Victoria at the front desk were awesome n their hospitality skills are off the chain.... The deli staff is warm n extremely nice n helpful... Housekeeping was immaculate n superb... MUENA was my favorite housekeeper. She kept towels, washcloths, shampoo, conditioner, nd lotion stack.... She made the beds to perfection and don't take long cleaning your rooms... Test beds are comfortable, the pillows r heaven sent.... This hotel gets 10 stars because they care about you n try to accommodate you as much as they possibly can.. the location is great, there are shuttles that takes you to all the different theme parks.... If you come to Orlando this is a place you would love, it's home away from home... Been to lmost all the hotels here and this one by far is the best....

Diana, Anpavia, Renata, n Victoria at the front desk are super friendly, fast n efficient... The whole front desk staffis warm n friendly...the deli staff is also 💯💖😘 Housekeeping was awesome, MUENA was my favorite... She kept towels, washcloths, hand towels,shampoo, lotion, toilet paper, tissue, soap, stocked👌💖 she made the beds to perfection n she is fast n efficient... The beds n pillows are comfy😍😍💯💖 Location is great, there are shuttles that takes you to the theme parks ✌️💖✌️ If you vacation or just want to get away and make it to Orlando, Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel is the place to be💖💯💖 It's like home away from home 👏👏👏 Been to almost all the hotels and none can compare by far😎💪😎

Really nice place to stay; we spent time at Universal Studios, which was right next door
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Our room in particular had an unidentifiable and overpowering chemical smell, which made us wonder if something horrible had happened earlier (bedbugs? cholera? worse?) The front desk did offer to send housekeeping to "mask" the smell with some other product. We declined; I didn't think chemicals on top of chemicals were really going to help.

Beds really comfortable. Love the fridge and the safe. Staff provided more than enough clean towels. Kind staff checking in with us and offering solutions. Gorgeous pool, hot-tub and seating area outdoors - lots of room for everyone.

Nice hotel and excellent customer service

Almost nothing

The staff are amazing, polite and love thier job and customers. Clean big rooms Nice jacozy and swimming pool All facilities are available Good and huge parking

I'll stay there again ☺️
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was fine but it was the same everyday so after 3 days of stay I was tired of eating at the hotel.

Beds were pretty comfortable and staff was friendly. Some of them speak Spanish 👌🏼

Overall, my experience was ok. I would stay at this hotel again.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

I had some maintenance issues with my room. The bathroom door kept sticking so it was hard getting in and out of the bathroom. The air conditioner and fridge didn't work properly, and the light fixture above the front door was loose.

I absolutely LOVED the location! It's really close to the interstate, Universal Studios, and local restaurants. I had some maintenance issues with my room and the staff took measures to resolve those issues quickly. They also offered complementary breakfast for myself and my two guests as well as reimbursement of some of the fees charged to my card. The hotel staff were great!

Great place to stay I will be back

Spacious and location

I like that as soon as I walk in to the hotel lobby it smells fresh and clean. Room was spacious and clean. Also excellent location.

The staff is very shiny happy people the location of the...
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

For one day is fine but the carpet is too old looks unclean in general the room looks not really clean

The staff is very shiny happy people the location of the hotel close to universal and the outlets

I spent there 5 nights while attending a conference at the...
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

Breakfast is American - no vegetables at all. But I guess it's like this in most places

I spent there 5 nights while attending a conference at the Orange County convention center. I was very comfortable and overall it was a pleasant experience. I recommend.

A really great stay in Orlando.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

There was only one issue that was a little disappointing and that was it appears that you cannot dial out of this hotel for an international call.. I had a big problem in uk to deal with and I had great assistance from reception but even they couldn’t dial out on reception phone. Private cellular phones work ok but I didn’t have a SIM card at the time. So although I had great help from even the company President and they offered to cover the cost of the call, I couldn’t make it.

Everything about the hotel was great. The reception staff-Rita, Diana, Thomas and Brooke—were all most helpful trying to help me resolve a problem which was not of the hotels making. The breakfast was good and the room and bed comfortable. In fact we were so pleased with the hotel that we cancelled another hotel that we were going to stay in on our return to Orlando and booked the final few days back at the Gateway. I would certainly stay there again.

Overall great place to stay!
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Toilet plumbing issue toilet got clog mutiple times maintenance was tired of us calling and left plunger in our bathroom.

Friendly, outgoing, helpful staff... great location, yummy breakfast buffet, outdoor pool area and bar was awesome.

Good location and good value for money
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

-first room had door joining us to another room but reception moved us straight away when I asked -decoration is a bit dated -water dispenser in lobby only seemed to be out for a few hours each day (usually at check in time)-if this was out all day and topped up it would make a massive difference!

-not far from universal, Uber taxi was only $8 -staff really helpful -launderette facilities which was really useful -the gym was a good size with good equipment -really reasonably priced for what you get, we saved so much money staying here

Well over it was ok but there was a funky smell from the...

Well over it was ok but there was a funky smell from the carpets they smelled old, and the elevators couls be updated it was dark and dingy .. the staff was extra friendly thats always a plus ... great location ,parking could be a little better

Great stay
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

There is a lack of USB ports, there is one on the side of the TV but if you need more take adapters.

Location is brilliant, close to restaurants and universal, there's a free shuttle to the parks which you have to book the morning before (if you're going to volcano bay, go early, it gets busy later in the day and hot!). All the staff were fantastic and cheerful, lovely pool area, the rooms were very clean and comfty (maybe a little dated but certainly can't complain) , all in all great value for money and I would happily book again.

Convenient location, but musty smelling rooms
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Musty smell in room Could use a different variety for breakfast options Our safe failed to open with our stuff still in it

Convenient location to Universal Shuttles to Universal ran on time Pool was nice Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable From a heavy storm, our window was leaking water into our room. The fix was to put towels down until the rain stopped and then they could come in and fix it. We were not satisfied with that answer so we went to the front desk and there was another room available so we moved. The new room still smelled musty, but at least it wasn’t leaking

Good but need to improve
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel had problems in the electric system, one time I almost miss my transfer because phones were not working, also AC got crazy and other equipment was not working due to electric problems.

The location is excellent

Nice place
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom was very uncomfortable and small.

Everything else was amazing staff was so fast in attending me very helpful very pleasant very professional and always a smile on their faces I loved the pool.

Every dollar counts !
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing that I recall. This hotel is fully of Brazilian guys, so if you are from Brazil and are looking for a cool place to stay with your fellows, this is the place !! I eill return for the third time for sure, this was my second stay here !

Internet very fast, a great space in the double bed room, Just loved Renata from Front Desk, great employee, should get a raise ! lol ! The swimming pool also very nice, and the location just awesome. I went with infants so I did not use the shuttle to Universal but I saw they have lot of options in their schedules. They also have great beds, so by the end, this hotel worth every cents !

The hot tubs, accessibility to restaurant, bar and ...
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Feet got dirty walking on carpeted floor in room, very noisy mulch spreading truck mid-morning Saturday. Pillows are too small.

The hot tubs, accessibility to restaurant, bar and convenience store. They replaced malfunctioning microwave instantly.

The room was very clean.

There was a very strong smell, when we came jnto the room our first day of check in. It was like a calogne smell. The food at the resturant was terrible. Please dont waste your money

The room was very clean. The staff were very nice.

The location was great to highway and parks.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

The light switch in room broken and when they came to fix - they really didn’t. It had to be kept off - in order to sleep. Otherwise it was great.

The location was great to highway and parks. The basketball hoop was absolutely awesome. Gave my son an opportunity to relax by letting off steam.

Very uncomfortable, would have left for other hotel, but couldn’t afford losing money, no refunds.

Bathroom was too small, most of the outlets were to loose to hold the plugs in. Our room wasn’t well maintained, the baseboards & trim close to floors were rotting out. Hole on bathroom wall close to baseboard behind toilet. Cleaning staff didn’t replace coffee & cups. After our first night. Desk chair wheel was broken. Bed had no back support, had backache each morning upon getting up. Like everything else in that room, bed needed replacing.

They have good shower heads for great shower. The common area were nice.

Hotel is decent quality and in a good location.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel is decent quality and in a good location. Check-in was efficient and staff were helpful. Breakfast buffet is ok, not great given that you are paying for breakfast. Very few "healthy" options. I left my laptop charger in the room and the staff was very helpful in processing it for return.

This is a fantastic hotel for the price range.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

This hotel was very nice and I really enjoyed my stay. For the price range of the room, I would give it a 5/5. It was by no means a 5 star hotel, but it was very very nice for a Best Western. The location was great, and I could drive to Universal in 5-10 minutes (depending on traffic). Renata at the front desk was VERY friendly and VERY helpful. I would stay at this hotel again solely because of the communications with her. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and I have already booked another room for another trip later in the summer. The beds were also very comfortable and had very soft pillows. The water pressure in the shower was also very good.

I stayed at a lot of hotels near Universal and I must say...

No free breakfast

I stayed at a lot of hotels near Universal and I must say this is one of the nicest I’ve stayed in so far...will definitely be here

Everything was amazing.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast was not included which would have been nice to know when booking our stay.

Everything was amazing. The pool was beautiful & the room was spacious.

We enjoyed our stay, it will be my go to spot for Orlando in the future.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

We needed a Larger coffee maker and I didn't eat at the resturant in the hotel.. But the reviews online were not great... Maybe work on that..

Very nice staff... Clean, and close to all the shops within walking distance... We didn't use the rental car service at the hotel but we will in the future.

Great personal
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom door on room 502 didn't close.

There was this guy Fabian from the bar, great person, so social and happy. He was an example of the quality of people that you might encounter there.

Everything was good we had a car so could get everywhere...
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Don’t go for the cheap Disney tickets unless your desperate- We ended up with a 4 hour HARD sell for timeshare 🙁😡they assured us it was only 90mins!!!

Everything was good we had a car so could get everywhere might struggle if you didn’t

Love Best Western!! Great people! Great Service!
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds with Pool Side

When we first arrived the room smelled like someone had been smoking which was not expected since it is a smoke free facility. The front desk and the cleaning service went above and beyond to remedy the situation. After further cleaning the room was finally rid of the nasty smell and we could breathe again.

Great location with shuttle service . Great pool. Comfy beds. Customer service was excellent.

Worst Stay Ever. Do Not Stay in this Hotel
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing at all. Worst Hotel I have ever stayed. When i checked in, the Table lamp light near to my bed was a damaged one which does not switch off. The switch is damaged. The other Table room light was not switching ON. Called the engineer and he could not fix it. I have to unplug the lamp to switch it off which disabled all the plugging ports near to my bed. Engineer and Front desk told that they will fix it the next day. The next day night when i returned to room i found nothing fixed. I had to call the Front desk and ask why it is not fixed. The Reply is "next day" again. I went to take the Water from Vending machine, The Vending machine in my Floor does not work. I went to reception to get water. They told they do not have and to get it from some other floors. I went to fifth floor vending machine. It accepted the card, but no Bottles came out. I have to try with multiple slots to finally get some bottle. The Next day again my wife went to get water from vending machine and she could not get it, she tried from all the floors and did not get one. Again the same thing, my card was swiped, but no water bottles came out. She asked the reception and the reply from front desk was to get it from near by Walmart. The time was 12:30 AM midnight that time. This was the first Hotel i have seen which cannot even provide drinking water and asks the guests to get from near by Walmart at midnight. Again i managed to get the water after multiple tries from a vending machine. But again the same thing, my card was swiped, but no water bottles came out.

Nothing at all. Worst Hotel I have ever stayed

Great and friendly staff, comfortable rooms, good amenities

The bathroom showed signs of wear and tear and the rooms seemed to have thin walls because you could hear if someone had the tv on or was talking loudly in the rooms next door. However the loudness wad never too late in the night and wasn't loud enough to cause an issue so we never had that much of a problem with it.

The staff was wonderful! At check-in we were asked of there was anything we were celebrating and we mentioned that it was our third anniversary the day before. We came back to our room two days later after a long day at one of the parks to a card congratulating us on our anniversary with truffles and two free breakfast vouchers! It was really sweet and we appreciated it. The woman who checked us in, I believe her name was Rita, was very kind and helpful and she even remembered us when we came into the lobby for breakfast eight days later. We also had an issue with our safe near the end of our stay and they sent someone up to fix it almost immediately. The rooms were very comfortable and were kept clean.

You get what you pay for.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

My room was extremely hot. I had the air on the entire night and it did not cool the room. Also, the rug around the air conditioner was soaking wet. Bathroom was not as up to date as I expected.

Fabulous place to stay!
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The Mickey Mouse waffle maker is the only thing we didn't care for but we get it.

Loved the basketball goal and pool area. The proximity to Universal is fantastic. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The value was phenomenal.

It was ok.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The fact that the person in the travel area scammed us for $40.00. He did not explain what the video was, that we had to view property and other stuff to get our $40 back. Waisted over a hour of my vacation and I did not get my money backz

I liked the fact that there was a bonus sink in the room.

Nice
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The elevator did not believe in the 2nd floor. I would always pass it unless you were going down from the 2nd floor. Recommend taking the stairs if you are on the 2nd floor.

Everything was wonderful

Perfect place to see Universal Studios
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The hallway and the room sometimes smelled a bit awkward. I am not sure if the breakfast is really worth $10, it was good but far overrated.

The shuttle to the Orlando studios was very convenient. The personnel was so friendly and helpful. The room was nice and big. I really enjoyed the time at the pool.

The location and staff were great.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The location and staff were great. Hotel is clean and the facilities are good. Beds are comfortable. It looks a bit dated from outside, but rooms are nice. Can't really complain about anything.

Staff were friendly, free shuttle to Universal and location...
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Shower either ran scalding hot or freezing cold...no in between. WiFi was also very unreliable

Staff were friendly, free shuttle to Universal and location is good for both Universal and Disney parks.

clean and close to the universal
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

old hotel. There are two doors between two rooms. If the next room and you open it at the same time, rooms are connected. room is small

clean and close to the universal

Very disappointing. Will not be staying in a Best Western ever again.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Property was disappointing. There were strands of hair on almost every towel. I requested new towels, and found stains and strands of hair, again. The bathroom has a terrible smell. The room did, too. The AC filters were not changed. We ended up checking out very early and moved hotels. Staff was very accomodating in that situaionz

Staff was very accomodating and kind when we made the decision to check out early and move hotels. The location was good.

The staff was nice and very helpful.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The room was clean but the shower was a quite old the the water stream too weak (for us who have long hair it's hard to wash the shampo). The universal shuttle from universal studios theme park takes a long of time to get back to the hotel since it's the last stop. Might be quicker to walk back.

The staff was nice and very helpful. The hotel is located near lot's of places to eat. The shuttle to universal studios theme park is very quick going there in the morning - the hotel is the last one so there might be sits on it but you can still go by standing (10 min drive).

The hotel is very close to Universal and I loved the fact...
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast was average - I would have loved to have some fresh bread or pastry and vegetables.

The hotel is very close to Universal and I loved the fact that we could purchase the tickets at the lobby from the Universal rep and they provided us with all information regarding the free shuttles, park maps etc... But what really made this place special is the staff. Especially a lady at the receptionist who was extremely nice and helpful.

Okay for a short stay.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Very Disappointed with No outside view,small window to high to even look out. Bathroom need updating. Vent in ceiling open and exposed dirty filters and wires.. No indoor pool. No shuttle service to The Holyland.

Breakfast was great with good selection of items. Small cafe, bar and restaurant inside hotel was very convenient. Staff very professional and helpful. Location excellent.

Be on your guard for pressure tactics, especially if you're tired!
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

We had driven all day to get to Orlando and were tired. Upon arrival we were offered a "Welcome Pack". I got my wife to come in, not knowing what it would be. Turned out to be a 'cheap deal' for Disneyland tickets, only we had to attend a 90 minute presentation the next morning at 8am. Normally I would refuse the offer, but somehow gave in...the lady knew the pressure tricks. The next day we turned up at 8 to find a presentation on buying a timeshare in the Wyndham Group, who must also own this hotel. Very slick: magic tricks, lots of statistics and so on. And then we were expected to go on a tour. By this time it was 2 hours and I was getting really cross. But I had to wait for the manager to sign off on the tickets. Anway I raised my voice to get action which sped up the process, otherwise it would have been at least 180 minutes. I am writing this to warn future guests that this hotel chain is after you and knows now to apply pressure. Only do it if you have nothing to do...it spoilt our whole morning. What sort of place calls this a welcome? How about a bottle of water instead!

The rest of the stay was fine. We were going to extend our stay but changed hotels because of our 'welcome'. This is the lowest score I've ever given to a place. From now on I'll be extremely careful when staying at a hotel owned by the Wyndham Group.

Great location for visiting universal studios.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast isn't particularly exciting.

Their pool area is really nice. The staff is quite helpful, and the hotel provides really comfortable shuttle service to the theme parks.

Value for money, needs a bit of a spruce up
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Room smelt really musty! Walls very thin and you could here everything going on next door including you know what!

Very friendly staff at check in, especially the young lad,

Staff was very friendly, rooms were clean and the location...

Deli prices were a little expensive

Staff was very friendly, rooms were clean and the location was in the middle of everything I wanted to do. My room was on the bottom floor with easy pool and jacuzzi access. I will definitely be back for my next trip

Not wor the money
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms dated and unclean. Shuttle was offered but not in the afternoon. Had to pay for a cab. They sent me on a time share which was supposed to last 90 minutes. You prepay for the tickets to universal and we lost 4 hours due to this presentation that lasted 4 hours. All was a lie and we couldn’t get the tickets I paid for until we stayed the whole time. Definitely a scam and not worth the small discount.

Close to universal

I was extremely pleased with our stay at Best Western and would stay again.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast is expensive! It should be included in room prices or already tiered by level of stay. Jacuzzis should be adult only and strictly enforced. Lastly, Shuttles should be available to all parks complimentary and on a continuous schedule.

The restaurants chicken wings were to die for! The bar tender working on the evening of the 22nd had to be the most friendly and knowledgeable young ladies we've ever met.The pool was amazing. Room was decent.

Would never recommend this place to anyone.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel was run down, for a Best Western . We usually stay with them so this was a surprise. Also The front end reception , Maria was asked to call us a cab to take us to the outlet mall 5min from our hotel. A man showed up looked like a relation to her and we got in to his van. He was not a taxi. But apparentley some shady shuttle which they charged us 15 dollars. When we took a real cab back it was 7 dollars. It was a scam which the receptionist got a kick back, we saw the driver go back in and give her the money. We approached the lady at the front desk who was there 1 hour after we got back and she said I did not arrange that for you so she lied to our face with her denial. Lesson learned for us . Extremely disappointing with a tourist hot spot like Orlando. Left us not really wanting to come back.

When we checked in the first room was musty smelling and the hinges on the security lock were loose as well as the toilet would not fill up with water after a flush. The front end changed us to another room immediately.

Clean, comfortable hotel with super friendly staff
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The A/C unit is fairly loud, which meant I had to sleep with earplugs.

The staff member who checked us in was super friendly. The hotel is clean and has a great pool, plus some comfy hammocks in a shaded area. The breakfast was also awesome and a good value. Room was clean and the beds were comfortable.

Average stay overall
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

A $50 deposit even when the room was paid in full during checking, and this didn't even include breakfast that was about $40 more. I have staid in more budget friendly hotels that doesn't have none of these.

I'll BE BACK!
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Water temp in the shower kept changing from scalding hot to cold. Not sure what was going on with that.

Immaculate,comfortable, caring staff. It doesn't get any better than this. I cannot wait to return!

Wonderful stay

They charge for more than 2 packages but i already knew that They charged me 5 dollars for room service and since I did not ask for it, it probably regards to the cleaning of the room(this charge I was unaware) Shower pressure not very high but I stayed on the last floor Breakfast could also be improved

Wi fi works very well in the rooms. Room was always very clean when I came back. Courteous people. Very close to universal. You could walk to international drive for food.

Rita at the front desk
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

One of my rooms smelt of cigarette smoke ,the shower head leaked on the floor,and I understand the $50 hold but when I checked. my account it was a $157 hold ,NOT GOOD!!!

Rita at the front desk

Comfy beds
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

Breakfast wasn’t included so had to pay extra for that. Had a nice variety but could have added more options for vegetarians. Lots of sausage on the menu

Hotel is clean and very appealing. First impressions are always the best. Check in was a breeze. Very fast. Got our key cards and were shown the way. Had to carry our bags to the room. We booked a suite. Very spacious and the most comfortable bed I have slept in. Fluffy pillows.

The location - it's a five min Uber ride from Universal...
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

If your primary attraction is the Universal Studio, you may be better off staying at one of the park hotels because you get free early entry into the park - a huge bonus if you want to beat the crowds at the Harry Potter rides. It will probably work out cheaper too as the park hotels have deals which include tickets to the park. Check them out.

The location - it's a five min Uber ride from Universal Studios and around 20 min from Disney World and Apcott Center. They have a laundromat on the ground floor which is very convenient. A fridge and a microwave in the room is also a plus. The breakfast was the routine eggs, fruit, granola, croissant sorts.

Very clean
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

staff didn't know much about the space centre. People would smoke outside the back entrance door, and the smoke would get into our room which was right next to the door.

walking distance to universal. Close to tons of restaurants and stores. Pretty close to the airport.

Excellente
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Room service did not pick up and next day mentioned it and got to it. Needed toilet paper. Cleaning crew did not stock when they went in to clean.

Everything was excellete.

Brooke was my check in person and she was amazing.

The breakfast was not worth the 9.99. I feel like if like the breakfast should have came with the hotel, but the quality of the food was not worth 9.99. That's the only thing negative I have to say about this place. Everything else was spot on perfect!

Brooke was my check in person and she was amazing.... She was nice, professional, and told me and my lady if there was anything we needed to let her know.The rooms were nice, cleaned, and the bed was so comfortable. I can say everything was great the view was most amazing as well. There is one thing I didn't like which was the breakfast.

Loved the location.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The room could use an update. Nothing was wrong with anything there but it is a little behind the times.

Loved the location. It's close to Universal and all the attractions near there. The room was exceptionally clean and I loved the fact that there was a sink in the bathroom and one outside of the bathroom as well. This would be great for families that are traveling.

Friendly, value for money, overall excellent!
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Dinner in the restaurant was not great but the breakfast was ace. Not sure why this is?? The choice was limited and quite bland. Don’t have a bad word to say about anything else!

Overall this hotel is excellent. We only stayed for 3 nights but the facilities were top notch and the breakfast very good value for money. Family friendly and helpful staff made our stay pleasurable. Would recommend. The free shuttle to Universal was excellent with frequent times. A little busy in the mornings but the hotel is nearby so it’s only a short ride away. George the driver in the evenings is hilarious and can put a smile on your face even after a tiring day spend at the parks. Love his banter!

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds

One of our rooms smelled mildewed - was not the cleanest, fridge in both rooms barely cooled anything. Pillows were not full size, and we didn’t bring our own, they were the size of throw pillows.

I would not have gone back to this hotel unless all the others were much more expensive
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

There was no double bed in the room! The hotel was out of date and there was a locked door between our room and the other room, through which you could hear every movement the residents made, we had to put on the TV all night so as not to hear the neighbor next to us coughing. If you rely on the hotel's shuttle, take into account that the number of places is limited to each hour and you must tell them what time you intend to return otherwise we will not leave you a place.

Very close to Universal Park, relatively cheaper than the rest, offers a shuttle to the parks but very limited in times. The room is clean. Option for cheap breakfast, the staff was helpful.

Beds were comfortable.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

No Continental breakfast. $9.95 a day for breakfast is too much. We don’t need that much to eat before starting out. Most hotels offer a free Continental breakfast. Also, charges for Beer at the bar are too high.

Beds were comfortable. Pool is nice though I never had time for a swim.

This hotel was fine for our purposes which was simply to have a clean, quiet place to rest at night.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Quality of food was not as good as we expected.

Room was perfectly adequate, quiet and clean and the location and rides to Universal were a real plus. The food in the restaurant/bar was not up to the standard we expected but our purpose was to spend our time and money at Universal and we felt this hotel represented good value and served our purpose very well

Super friendly staff and clean.

We reserved a king room but somehow ended up with 2 double beds. We didn't get in until 1am so we were exhausted and just made it work but not the room I reserved.

Super friendly staff and clean. Great location

Excellent place to stay!!!!
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel is very close to Universal and valcano bay. Plus a lot of restaurants and fun attractions. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

the staff was nice but for the same price we ended up with a 2 bedroom villa and the air worked
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

It was hot and they refused to change out the air conditioner. And wanted to move us at 1230 am with two smaller kids.

It was close to where we needed to go

Nice stay
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

My first interaction with the person who checked me in was a bummer and made me very upset

Nice place we did stay here before , but this time around I found the one who was checking us in very rude, and she was loud! and not polite at all, but the rest of the staff were amazing!

Nice and a comfortable stay !
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

the second time I booked the hotel on the second leg of our trip the lady at the reception came across rude and ignorant.

Loved the location, very close to a supermarket , walgreens restaurants all around and a lot of activities to do, free parking, staff were freindly, very clean

Efficient & friendly check-in staff.

Noisy road construction in the early am (no fault of Best Western) Pricey restaurant within the premises. $6.95 for common domestic beer.

Efficient & friendly check-in staff. Upgraded from King room to King suite without requesting an upgrade.