Reviews of Wingate By Wyndham - Orlando International Airport 3 stars

5750 Hazeltine National Drive, Orlando, FL 32822, USA

#87 of 407 hotels in Orlando

Beds very comfortable and room very quiet. Free shuttle to airport. Friendly employees. Would recommend to family and friends and would definitely stay again.

the staff at this hotel was amazing, the rooms were very good, and the location was on point with a little shopping and dinning. i can really say that i will stay at this location again.

The janitor told my son to stop and dry his shoes before he came in from the pool. You also charge your customers a 20 fee and you never tell them this when they check in or out of the hotel.

They need to take a good look at their washing practices with bedding. The linens where clean but I had a terrible allergic reaction to a chemical residue left on my pillow case. The harsh chemicals that they use must not have been thoroughly washed out. My face blew up and I broke out in a terrible rash. I asked the Manager what chemicals they use from ECOLAB and he said that the rep would get in touch with me. They have not done so yet. I checked out on Monday. The Manager comped one of my three nights "as a curtesy" and basically wanted to place blame on Ecolab. I had to get a steroid shot when I got home and the one night comp did not cover cost of medical... not to mention my discomfort and pain.

Room was nice, breakfast was good, location was good. Staff was friendly.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Front desk staff could be friendlier.

Very convenient to the airport, restaurants and to the work locations I had in the Orlando area. It was clean and comfortable. The sofa in my guest room was unexpected and provided a nice place to stretch out and relax.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Lobby was not inviting. Room needed redorating and renovation. Bathroom appeared dirty but think it needed new paint new baseboards new shower. Breakfast was ok. Waffles stuck to waffle maker.

Bed was comfortable

When checking in and out, the staff were nowhere to be found, and there is no bell at the reception desk to call a staff member. We had to wait around for quite a while - not knowing when the staff would appear - and not ideal if you're running on a tight timeline (or trying to catch a flight!)

A very comfortable place to stay to catch and early morning flight. Room was large, clean and beds were comfortable.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Strange bathroom configuration with linens in very low shelf under the sink...not convenient to reach, especially from the tub. Lighting around mirror was nice, but insufficient for lighting the whole bathroom. Our BIG complaint though,was with the early morning shuttle driver. His first run was at 4:30 am. At 4:45am he refused to assist or allow any of the 6 people waiting for the 5am shuttle to board. He was watching something on his phone and couldnt be bothered, and was very rude. When we were allowed to load, he didnt assist. One of the passengers loaded everything. It appeared that no one tipped the driver as they were dropped at various airlines. The man desperately needs coaching and guidance on courtesy and customer care. He is a very poor reflection on the hotel and if he wants to get tips, his actions and demeanor will need to change.

Super comfy bed and pillows! Easy check-in/check-out.

The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. There were several restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. There was a convenience store in the lobby for snacks. Hotel provided the convenience of an airport shuttle.

The carpet in the room seemed to be dusty. I'm allergic to dust and something in the room had my allergy going

The shuttle driver who's from Mexico (forgot his name) he's a great asset. Very customer friendly.

Shuttle was late in the morning and stops at night. We had to take taxi from the airport which was falling apart and the driver was very shady.

Breakfast was good.

It took almost an hour to get the shuttle from the airport. After 4 calls to the front desk,the only explaination given was that he was alone at the desk and very busy And this was at 11pm on a Wednesday night. In the morning we were not told about the shuttle sign up that was required.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Small pool. Only a couple of chairs/lounge chairs.

Convenient location to airport. Nice size rooms. Good size fridge. Nice breakfast. Close to lots of restaurants. Comfy bed.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

the hotel had severe difficulty finding my reservation even though I had the confirmation. The check-in attendant was extremely rude. First insisting I did not have a reservation, then when I showed her the confirmation, she snapped that it was from booking and had nothing to do with them. After exhaustive back and forth, she did find it. For some reason my name was not listed in the name field, instead the letter "X" and my name was listed in the notes section on the back-end. After that fun experience, I muscled a luggage cart with 4 flat tires up to the room to find out they gave us the wrong room. The hotel was sold out, so we had to stay in it. Bad ending to an otherwise very enjoyable trip.

the shuttle left on time for our flight and it was a 3 minute ride. (the check in attendant told me 20-25 minutes, so this was a nice treat)

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The first person you meet when checking in.

No the eggs were not fluffy, the sausage was cold, the bed was hard, and at 9:00 AM when I attempted to check out, there was no staff available. I walked into the back office rooms.......no one around. Waited 10 minutes and then just left my room keys on the computer keyboard behind the counter and left without a receipt. Did not receive a receipt via email either.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking with Tub

see comment on breakfast above

Our flight was too early to have breakfast; perhaps you could consider a way to have something available for those leaving before 6am The shuttle people were extraordinary; the night we arrived the person led my friend to the airport car return and then brought him back! And we missed the 6am shuttle, and were able to get a 6:15 just for us. It was really important because airport was overly busy.

Lack of cleanliness in room. Floors not clean. If you walked barefooted in room they were dirty. The beds were NOT queen beds and not a deluxe queen suite. The beds were a double at best.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Since this property is close to the airport and advertized an airport shuttle available, I assumed we could leave our car at the hotel for 1 night and use the shuttle to/from airport. I was told if we left our car there it would be towed away. We had to make last minute other arrangements.

Comfortable bed. Large room.

• King Room - - Disability Access/Non-Smoking Roll in Shower

Property didn’t seem like it was maintained very well. Age of the building was showing.

The bed was comfy. Nice and close to airport with a free shuttle to the airport.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast area was nosey and crowded.

In particular we appreciated the ease with which we could get from / to the airport using the property's shuttle service plus the area surrounding the hotel which allowed us to get out and walk around with ease and feeling completely safe.

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking with Spa Bath

When I asked one of the staff members about a couple of things for example a shuttle in the morning, she didn't write anything down so when I asked her if she was noting this she said yes and still didn't write anything down. She seemed to resent me wanting her to acknowledge what I had requested. -- There was a lot of airplane noise and the noise of cars speeding around.

The room was clean and quiet.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Eggs were powdered or frozen type

Lighting and availability for electronic devices were phenomenal- bathroom lighting was great too- very attractively updated room

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The access to tickets was nice but it should be a better deal than I can get online or at the gate and it wasn’t

Close to things and rooms quiet and comfortable

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Nothing, it was perfect location everything you needed was within walking distance.

Excellent location, we took the shuttle from airport to hotel, when i called they were there within 1p minutes! Very clean!! Great breakfast too.

Wingate airport in Orlando has never disappointed us. My husband likes it and I have always liked the comfort, quietness and its accessibility from airport.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The girl at checkin was not very accommodating I noted when I booked the room that I would be arriving s little after 11:00 due to a meeting I had scheduled. She told me they were fullly booked and wouldn’t get a room until 1:30..I asked her to call me when it was ready and she did around 12:30..Just not very friendly. I also mistakenly left s cord plugged into a lamp and realized it the next day..When I called st 8am I was told someone would be in st 9:45 and I would get a call which I didn’t..I had to make 4 more calls to check on the status of my charger cord and finally at 12::00 am I got a call and was told no one found the cord..I know I left it plugged into s lamp so not sure what happened.

accesability to airport,highways ..shopping

The complimentary breakfast could use more fresh fruit.

The staff was friendly and the hotel is conveniently located near the hotel with restaurants close by. The shuttle to the airport was also a big plus.

Our room’s heater was not working, it was freezing cold on 1/1/18, they couldn’t fix it or even lend us a small portable heater, just left us hanging. Then they wouldn’t even give us a discount over the stay. We paid for an expensive night but did not get our money worth staying in this hotel. They charged $3 per wash and per drying cycle for laundry so we spent almost $20 to do laundry at this facility. When we asked for coin change for laundry, they were not properly prepared so they told us to wait for 1.5 hours to get change, by this time is already 11pm. So we had to go to the neighbor hotel to get change to do laundry here in the middle of the night. The checking process was also very slow. Took us 40 minutes. They seem to be short staffed so there is one person doing everything including taking other phone calls and schedule bus pick up for others during our check in process. Will not stay here again.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I stepped on broken pieces of bottle on the room carpet. Room cleaning needs to be improved. Also, breakfast was too monotonous.

The location is perfect.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking with Tub

Clerk didn’t know what she was doing. Key didn’t work on doors several times. Toilet and sink clogged. Location is far away from everything. Cheap but I would have paid more to stay somewhere else next time I will.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Free breakfast could be better. Offered no breakfast sandwich or pot of oatmeal (only instant packets).

Couch / seating area in room, comfortable bed, good wi-fi, free parking, airport access.

We waited at the airport over an hour for shuttle service to the hotel and contacted the desk 3 times in the process. Manager never on duty during our stay. Desk people (we met a few clerks) often away from desk and none were helpful in any way! We wanted to use the shuttle service for a close evening restaurant which they said they could accommodate. When the time came that was not the case, nor was the desk clerk at all friendly in trying to help. We recently stayed at the Hyatt nearby for less/night and much better desk, shuttle and hotel services!!

We thought the hotel would be comfortable with location close to airport for good shuttle service. Shuttle service limited and not at all on time! One driver was so untrained he needed at airport pilot to assist him where to go and how to get out of two situations where he made wrong turns. Shuttle driver tried very hard was was definitely in adequately trained by management.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

We were told after we checked in that they did not participate in the stay, park, and fly program anymore even though I found it on the internet. If it hadn’t been for a nice employee that said we could park there if it was only for a few days, we would have had to find another place on short notice. Very bad policy. The next morning the shuttle didn’t come at the proper time.

Proximity to airport

nothing that I could pick out

great location, easy to find, latterly a 3 min drive to airport. clean hotel, clean rooms, friendly staff. one of the nicer Wyndhams I stayed at during our trip.

The bathroom looked tired and needed a deep clean around the edges of the tub. Toiletries were adequate. Plastic breakfast utensils are hopeless, replenishment of breakfast items ran behind schedule for the customers, quality of breakfast below standard albeit this reflects in the price for the night.

Very comfortable beds and generous size of the room

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Paper receipt upon check out was missing and they don't offer one through Booking. com

Everything about the room and hotel was excellent. Food was fresh and good.

Nice, clean room. Breakfast was a nice self-serve buffet - and the best part was it started at 6am, even though it was a weekend! I really appreciate that the breakfast hours are early - usually other hotels have later breakfast hours on weekends and we miss it because our weekend events have us up and out of the hotel early. But we got to sit and enjoy a delicious hot breakfast before running off to our event. Happy mom!

Shuttle was a joke 45 minutes and several calls to hotel. I had asked for adjoining rooms did not get that, when I specifically called ahead and spoke to hotel. The hotel did eventually arrange as I had previously requested saying I requested a king room for one of two rooms I booked. Tried to explain that when I requested adjoining rooms I was told that in order for that to happen one had to be King. Hotel check-in could not understand that! Shower head was coming out of wall and under sink area was filthy (have pics)

great bed

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking with Tub

Missed not having a bar onsite as with British hotels but plenty around the area.

Helpful service and was able to collect jackets I left behind on my way back to airport.

The woman who checked us in that evening was absolutely awesome. Super informative and just very good at her job. If she isn't a manager she should be!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

It would have been more beneficial to have had a restaurant on site as it was necessary to cross a very busy road to reach "good" restaurants. Unfortunately the reception staff got our time wrong for the bus to the airport, we were woken at 4.30 A.M!

The bed was extremely comfortable. The room was a good size. Breakfast being included was a bonus. There were plenty of restaurants within walking distance. The staff were extemely curtious.

fire alarm went off twice in the middle of the night. staff did not communicate the problem very well. Found out the next morning it was due to dust on fire alarms. Did not make me feel good.

hotel was nicely maintained and rooms were very clean

Not one thing

Great complementary breakfast every morning, even doing the storm, friendly calming staff, onsite store for snacks, drinks and small items. The sturdy structure, we stayed there during hurricane Irma, the storms winds were barely heard inside this hardy building. The rooms have coffee pots, microwave and a small fridge which very handy for keeping our liquid creamer for coffee and other small snacks. The beds we're very comfortable. We will definitely use them again.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking with Tub

Clean, comfortable and roomy! I actually slept good, the rooms were well insulated from noise. breakfast was great and started at 6 so glad we had to be out the door by seven. No complaints Ill be back Deb

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The elevators were shut down as a precaution against losing power from Hurricane Irma. Although I understand the reason, it was difficult to repeatedly walk the steps.

We evacuated from the Atlantic Coast because of Hurricane Irma. The staff was very considerate of our needs, and we were very comfortable with included breakfasts, room amenities including refrigerator and microwave, food from the small shop, and a good selection of cable TV channels.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Had to wait for someone to check us in and there was no one at the desk when we checked out. Just a note saying if you would like a receipt leave your room number and email address on the paper. Too bad the staff wasn't as great as the facilities.

Easy to get to and close to the airport. Nice, clean rooms.

Nothing - it was a perfect stay.

The breakfast was brilliant, the only thing I would say is more seating required as a lot of people stay there for a long time meaning less space for other guests. The rooms were lovely and modern and perfectly clean with two extra large very comfortable beds with crisp white linens which is a must for me...lots of lightening in the room which again is a must for me...giant TV with lots of channels..lots of seating around the room also with great mirrors both in the room and bathroom. Great staff- extremely accommodating and friendly- they actually want to help you - especially Troy at the front desk and the lady who is around the breakfast area a lot. There were conferences and things going on while I stayed and the hotel seemed to mange these well ...the only thing I would say is that they like to take up the whole breakfast room in the morning and do not move once they eaten but this is not fault of the hotel. The location is amazing for the airport and is also surrounded by restaurants and amenities like Walgreens etc. I can't fault this place. I loved my stay and would stay here again.

In general I was very happy to be safe and with electricity during the hurricane. What I didn't like is that they charged my credit card before I checked out, that means that if I had wanted to charge it to another card or pay cash that's too bad. Also, because of the hurricane I had to extend my stay for an additional night, and without any verbal notice they hiked the price to DOUBLE the rate that I was paying. Even though they later gave me the excuse that they were over booked and gave me priority, they should have let me know ahead of time.... then again I didn't have many options.

It was close to several restaurants. The staff was friendly and courteous.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was no one at the front desk and a sign said they would be back momentarily. I waited awhile, looked in the store and no one there either. After awhile I called and eventually someone answered sounding half asleep. I said "I'm at the front desk and no one is here. He came around from the back and said I'm sorry, etc. We then drove all around the property and there was not 1 parking spot. It was not fun as had to back out a long way from the parking area. There was no way to drive through or turn around. I went back in to the front desk to ask where we could park and no one was there. I looked around and couldn't find anyone. Again I called and no one answered. The phone or probably rang 20 times or more. Eventually I left and we parked in front of a door near a storage.

The room had a port to charge devices. It was a comfortable bed.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My bathroom shower/tub did not drain the water from last bath I had reported this to front desk agent who offered assigned keys with option to move rooms or have access to another room to bathe. Upon return from late hours dinner I tried to access the other room and could not get in so it being my last night before flight next day to return home I just went to bed. I didn't like that the shuttle transport person who took me to the airport had a very high cologne scent I almost died in the lobby having to inhale the thick scented air with the temptation to cough and tried to make a pass giving a business card to call him. I called and spoke with someone a female to request shuttle to the property explaining I was a guest already staying there and described the area which is ground transportation where I know they usually pick up but she was not listening to the pertinent details especially when I told her I was standing right at the shuttle sign where I was picked up before and she insisted to make a point that there is no such area and so forth and an argument ensued so I took a taxi so I will not be staying there again.

Its near my favorite restaurant TGI Fridays and a cinema in the area

I liked everything only that the breakfast area was always picked up so fast. It should be available at least until 11:30.

The family went to drop off my son to UCF. It was a very nice place to stay at.

We stayed here during Hurricane Irma. We did not lose power once and the staff were so accommodating during our stay from the front desk, to the hostess and finally the housekeeping staff. What a great experience during a rough time.

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking with Spa Bath

The bathroom. There was no place to even place a bar of soap or bottle of shampoo in the shower. Tile floor was dirty. Door wasn't hung properly. Spa tub was in an awkward location. The room needs an upgrade (new coat of paint, new carpet, new furnishing)

Liked having a frig and microwave in the room. Convenient to have breakfast at hotel.

The hot tub was cool on Thursday and a little too hot on Saturday. Front desk said it had not been working properly. I did enjoy that it was indoor and in its own room, not outside by the pool.

Comfortable bed and large size of hotel room.

Pool is very small and placed within a fenced area in the back of the facility -- seems like an afterthought or something added to check a box for having a pool. Gym facility is minimal - one treadmill, one stepper and a minimalist weight machine that is useless for anyone who actually does any type of weight training.

Clean basic affordable facility with good service. A no frills place to stay with a continental breakfast - exactly what I needed for this trip.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I had a very early morning flight and had to leave by 5am but breakfast wasn't served until 6am. I wish they at least had some yogurt out. I walked in the hotel to check in and no one was in the lobby. The person at the front desk never acknowledged me. I walked up and introduced myself and said I wanted to check in. Very unfriendly feeling.

The bed was really comfortable

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking with Spa Bath

Because I had a "spa bathtub, more towels should have been already in the room without having to request more.

Took full advantage of the spa bath. Very relaxing and enjoyable.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff at front desk and the lady behind the desk asnweing questions About the area and amusement parks was great. One of the airport shuttles guys didn't give a crap about his job or customers. We said good morning but no response back. The morning we left for are departing flight He just idled the van all the way to the main road to the airport. Never got over 5 mph. The on the main road never drove over 30 mph when speed limit was 45. Hotel was nice but that driver needs a new job somewhere else. To many people in the states that are looking for work.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking with Tub

When we arrived we were told we were not allowed to leave our car for the 5 days we would be gone. Not even for a daily rate. We were told we would have to use one of the local off-site parking facillites.

Shuttle from airport to hotel and worker was not very clear on explaining where shuttle would be to pick us up (language barrier and rushed to get off phone causing stress not knowing where to wait in the large outside area so just ask to be sure before hanging up)

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was not very good. They advertise breakfast opens at 6 but each day I was there it was late in getting open which if you have early appointments makes it inconvenient. The knives and forks are so flimsy I had difficulty in cutting the waffle. When I was checking out on Friday, there was a note on the front desk that said if i wanted a receipt to put my name on a list. What front desk is unmanned at the time most guests check out. I still haven't got my receipt.

The location is great if you have business around the Airport. The rooms are very nice and housekeeping does a great job. I stayed 4 nights and was very pleased with the room and hotel

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The pool was outside the hot tub inside at the opposite end of the hall. Towels are located by the door at the pool end. We went from the pool to the hot tub and got yelled at for dripping on the floor in the hall.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking with Tub

We liked everything about the Wingate EXCEPT the shuttle driver. He was rude to the extreme. He didn't close the side door to the van en route to the airport and when I mentioned it, he got angry because he had to get out and shut it. I was unable to do it from my seat, because when he took off, the door slammed too far back and it was heavy. I was riding over with my minor grandchild to put her on her plane and would need to return in 2 hours to the motel. We only had one small piece of luggage, so I don't know why he was so nasty to us. When he picked me up (same person) he gave not one word of greeting or acknowledgement or anything. When I thanked him profusely, he just got out and stalked away. I am always polite, and I would expect the same from the personnel. I don't know what his problem was, but it wasn't my problem.

Breakfast had a wide variety of offerings, and all that I had tasted good.

Pool was too small

The property was clean and close to many attractions. The staff were friendly and offered us ways to save money on the attractions. The breakfast was good and the staff went the extra mile to restock sweet cereal for my family.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

My partner is very short. The bed is too tall. Access was difficult. Also, there were little flies around our bed. They seemed to go away when the light was off

The room was clean. Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking with Tub

We flew in and arrived early morning around 2am the original hotel we booked said we had to check on at 3pm we slept in rental car for few hrs than called Wingate and young man had a room that was a no show and we got it beds were 100% got great sleep

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking with Tub

The staff were so great that we left truly happy. Honestly, great accommodation. The gave my three year-old a free beverage and were extremely helpful with everything.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

More choices for breakfast.

The room was large and the bed was comfortable. There were lots of restaurants near by. We picked this hotel since it was close to the airport. We would stay here again.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

at check out, early in the morning the receptionist refused to give me the receipt. His comment was, "you booked via booking.com you will get receipt by e-mail". I did not have time to argue with him, I needed to catch an early flight. The man was trying to be nice nut useless, too busy with his own stuff I guess

I expected more for breakfast

• King Room - - Disability Access/Non-Smoking Roll in Shower

We had a roll in shower and the shower head was very strong that there was water all over the bathroom when you took a shower.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was large enough. The temp controls were also good

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

This hotel is close to the airport, price could be more affordable since they don't have that many amenities... I paid $102/Night for 3 nights here, then I moved to Rosen Shingle Creek Resort, where there is a 24hrs market, several restaurants,, a spa, 4pools, etc,etc,etc, and PAID ONLY $159/night.....

Quiet, safe, free to park, there is an easiness about this property: one can park, enter, & leave the property without issues! There is PLENTY OF PARKING SPOTS AVAILABLE! They also serve a great FREE CONTINENTAL Breakfast, consisting of bagel/ waffles/ orange/apple/banana, a pastry, and good coffee! This is a PLUS!

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The night front desk staff seemed a little put out when I called for shuttle. Could stand to be more patient and specific with directions.

Airport shuttle was very accommodating, quick with pleasant drivers. Recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Traffic in Orlando , very rude drivers .

Awesome hotel and very friendly staff, Orlando traffic near the hotel was awful but they do offer free shuttle to and from the airport which was an added bonus.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

You have the worst parking lot I have seen that belongs to s major corporation! That cracks were so big grass was growing up through them! In even, holes, whoever is in charge of this needs to be talked to!! You have terrible curb appeal !!

Nice sheets

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everyone and everything was great..would stay there again

Beautiful spot..Loved the location and the hotel..Came from the airport on the shuttle..excellent..