Reviews of Orlando Metropolitan Resort Near Universal 2 stars

5.3

3.6

3.5

Just the view in front of the high

I dont like anything they dont have good service and cockroach everywhere i want my money back ,fridge and microwave not good

Just the view in front of the high

Uncomfortable and will never use this hotel again

Everything was wrong

I was very disappointed @ this hotel the lobby is very nice and updated so one would think the rooms are nice clean and updated well sadly that’s not the case the rooms are outdated and dirty and the staff could careless. The first room they give me looks like a woman was living in there her clothes makeup etc was inside the room then the second room they took us to had a very bad smell and the 3rd room was ok but u can tell it’s not properly cleaned they need to buck up on the staff or fire them and get new cleaners the pipes on the sink had Colgate residue from whom ever was there before the floors were sticky etc. my visit was very recent 07/21/18 I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL ... NEEDS MAJOR RENOVATION

I didn’t stay

The rooms was spacious but needs to be updated and also was not clean at all broken faucets and smelled weird.

Very close to everything , and had great views!

Terrible service, cleanliness was terrible everything was terrible.

The pool was nasty, the rooms had bugs, the room with no refrigerator or microwave when we called about one they said they were out of them. WiFi was NOT free. They double charged my credit card and claim they didn’t I had to dispute the charges with my credit card and now waiting to have my credit card credited. None of the ice machine worked, and room was booked with four people in the room but only was given three towels after a request for more towels with room clean ( that wasn’t clean very well). Very unhappy if I could get my money back from that hotel plus where they over charged me would only make me say this was a fair stay.

There was nothing that was good about this property.

Orlando stay

Didn’t care for all the roaches all over the room! All in the bed first thing when we walk-in the room! Good thing I had cleaning supplies with me and spray! Really need to get the place sprayed! Other then the bugs it was great! So if staying bring bug spray for your room!

Love the location! About 2 miles from Universal! The big sky wheel is cross the road! Restaurant within walking distance. Room was nice

It was alright but could have been better.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They had me on the wrong room than what I order. Not enough towels. The shower curtain need to be longer because alot of water going all over place to the other room. No one answer the phone for a whole week.

Front of the Orlando eye attraction view and top floor. The staff helping me resolve the booking issue.

Location was great

Bugs all over the room when we first got to the room! Roaches everywhere even in the bed! It was a good thing I bring my own cleaning supplies and sprays.

Horrible stay

Unfortunately, the first room we got was sooo old. No hangers in the closet, old furniture, door from bathroom would not close right. The second room had more old furniture and in the same condition. THERE IS NO WIFI. Room service takes ages. Will not visit again

I liked the location and as a last minute hotel it looked good online.

o.k.

The room was ok. but worn down. A broken dresser and t.v. was connected correctly.

its o.k. no real cable and only 4 channels. But the view of the Icon wheel was nice with many things to do around and many shops.

Location was great

Rooms were very uncomfortable the elevator door kept slamming everytime it was being used and it was next to the room where we were sleeping.

Not great at all.

The location look to be a great place to stay but the room was not updated. The rooms looked nothing like the picture on the website. The place should not say it’s a resort. It’s more like a motel 6 with a better name.

😠
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Accessible

It literally took me 30min to chk I’m and when I went to the room other guest were already in yhat room whn I came back it took them 1.5 so they can asign me another room..

Will never return or recommend

Rooms were dirty, bathroom had roaches, tv very out dated and only had 7 channels, elevator dirty and mad noise, long black hair found on sheets and bathroom counter.

Location is awesome

It was right across orlando eye and star flyer nice little...

The hotel in general was bad. Room smelled musky, bed were obviously not cleaned because there was clothes from previous people under the pillows! Called front desk for new sheets,45min later i went down to get the myself because they never came. All manager did was give me a $20 coupon for starbucks(thanks). Check out was at 11am @ 9am had house keeping knocking on my door to see when i was leaving,like seriously? Yes,that price was economical but i still would expect to have a clean bed and be able to rest.

It was right across orlando eye and star flyer nice little walking area with restaurants and shops.

So so...

I didnt like that as soon we get there they gave me the wrong room on top of that when the secretary verified the room they went in without my permission. They didnt have the blow dryer it was missing the fosit we have to guess how it works. The control remote was missing. I totally understand THE PRICE WAS VERY CHEAP but i think it has to be remodeling a little bit. The elevators were disgusting.

I like that everything was close specially for the price

Close to universal
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Accessible

Room key didn’t work twice, moved rooms, several families let us know they lived there. Room smelled and bathroom was disgusting. Nothing like the photos. When asked if we could pay more to move to the nicer hotel next door that they also owned we were told they no longer did upgrades. Husband talked to the manager at checkout (we only stayed one night) they gave us half off our stay which was nice but still not worth it.

Close to universal

Beside the comments before everything else was good

I ask for non smoking room and even though it was a non smoking room the smell of the room wasn't Pleasant at all Also the room had no phone which i never seen a hotel room with no phone it is very important to have a phone in every room emergencies could happen

Location and the view

Horrible infested property.

THERE WAS ROCHES BIG AS A SILVER DOLLARS! The roaches CAME IN PACKS ME AND MY FRIEND HAD TO SLEEP WITH THE LIGHTS ON AND THEY WERE everywhere I stayed one night and departured the STAFF AND MANAGEMENT IGNORED THE ISSUES THAT I BROUGHT TO THEIR ATTENTION I SPOKE TO THIS INDIAN WOMAN WHO IS IN CHARGE AND SHE WAS RUDE WITH ME LIKE I BROUGHT BUGS TO HER PROPERTY.

Location and price

Bathrooms had mold on tile. Wallpaper pealing and with mold. Poor ventilation. The bathroom fan was incredibly loud but ineffective.

Location and price

Worst experience evet

The staff, the service, you had to figure things out yourself staff had no interest helping at all. Worst money spent I wish I can get a refund back on my stay

Very horrible, would never stay again

Room was dirty, toilet was leaking, there were no towels or wash clothes, parking was horrible staff was not courteous . For almost $300 the stay should have been a lot better.

I liked the location where the property is located.

I didn't like the fact that visitors had to pay for wifi because most resorts you stayed wifi would have been free, also breakfast was not included in the cost that was collected,however the room didn't have a small refrigerator. Most times had left room for the entire day and no one came to tidy.

I liked the location where the property is located.

Not Good

The elevators didnt work and we were on The 3rd floor. Were told they'd be fixed within an HR or so. Not until next day. Elevators were dirty... Room had roaches in bathroom and guest services was a bit pushy trying to sell us on a tour. Asked to be closer to the pool yet we were in 1342 at completely the OTHER end. Was told when I called they dud not assign rooms but there would be NO PROBLEM getting by the pool. Not true. Prob would NOT stay again when we go to Universal in a cpl months.

Location was good for what we were doing and the price was fair as to comps but that was it.

Horrible

It was horrible. I will never stay here again. Un friendly staff and very un cleanly rooms. Just filth inside and out. No microwave no coffee maker no towels... Beds hard just all around bad.

Horrible!! Run away from this place...

The staff was rude, rhe rooms were nasty! The cigarette odor mixed with humidity inside the room was disgusting... honestly $200 for two nights? I was ripped off. Please look for another option this was terrible.

It is walking distance from the Orlando Eye

NEVER AGAIN. Absolutely disappointed

The room was filthy and there were literally roaches in the room!!!! The staff were sketchy and you could tell they didn’t care. You had to pay $5.99 for WIFi as well which to me was a joke.

The price waa right

They had roaches, I had to go down every day for towels, never gave place mat , no coffee pot. I had to buy one than give it away wen i left

The price waa right

so so

staff could have have been more friendly

i stay in room 2018 check out on Monday 19th wen I checked in no towels no face clothes toilett was not flushing at a point phone was not working. our rental go

The lady the works next to the front desk saling the tickets...

Room didn't have towels, bought my own and house cleaning tooked them , the room didn't get clean on the last 2 nights when I stay there for 6 days, awful service.....

The lady the works next to the front desk saling the tickets for the theme parks was very helpful

The pool was nice and clean

The elevator wait was too long. Bathrooms could have been cleaner and the beds with more fresh and clean sheets and comforters!!

The pool was nice and clean

Very sad

The room smelled the bathroom wasn't clean there was no towels the TV didn't work the carpet stunk there conditioner didn't come on properly I had to pay extra $40 to upgrade to another room very bad very very dissatisfied

Only the location

Very sad

The room was nasty the bathrooms wasn't cleaned there was no towels the TV didn't work the carpet stunk the room up was very very dissatisfied

Just a location

The hotel is very centrally located, made it easy to hop on...

The first day I got there around 5pm and noticed there was no towels. I went to the front desk to ask for them. Came back to the hotel around 10pm and still no towels. Phone did not work to call the front desk. I had to get my own towels plus non perishable milk for my toddler. I had asked for a room with refrigerator and microwave a week before arriving but there was none when I arrived. Also, the shower head did not work. I told the front desk about it but they never fixed it during my stay. The staff was very unwelcoming. I would have not stayed there if I had known beforehand how terrible my stay was going to be. I would say spend the extra $50-$100 and stay at other nearby hotels. There's a gazillion of them.

The hotel is very centrally located, made it easy to hop on and off I-4 to visit the theme parks.

Total waste of $236.00

Filthy & Staff was extremely rude! Cockroaches, very noisy room, no hand towels, phone did not work to call front office. We pre paid for two nights and went to another hotel for the second night. Unfortunately, could not get a refund but absolutely would not stay there a second night. Very disappointed!!

Not one thing!

Horrible.

Bugs all over the room. Asked for immediate refund and staff was rude, especially the manager Daniel. Don't know why my rating says 2.5. It should be 0. A place like this should not be open.

My stay was not what I expected

The hotel smelled horrible like a combination of weed, beer & dirty old rooms. We waited 1 hour for towels until we called again to request them again & they told me we never called for them but they’ll send them up. Waited another 20 mins after. 2nd we never received them

The location is near every thing you needed restaurants, bars, clubs & 10 mins away from Walmart

Location only

Dirty please stay there 4 days, they never clean the room until I asked for ,bathroom was dirty the floor sink everything, the whole room smell .I will never return to that place.

Location only

WE WILL NEVER STAY AT YOUR PLACE AGAIN.

and I even had to call 3 times to get some one to bring in towels at 10:00pm that is not right & when I was on the phone with one of the person I told them there was a ROACH they did not even say nothing.

Yes when we first got in to the room it smelled like cigarette & the carpet had old gum on the floor.

Service and very dirty
    • Pet Friendly Room- Two Queen Beds

There were no towels and there was only one blanket and dirty I asked for another one that did not have the sheets were dirty,and what saw in the photos has nothing to do

Horable not worth the $180 plus we spent.

First we could not even find it the address is for the back of the hotel the picture is for the back as well. We checked in two rooms we asked them to be together that did not happened our kids room was ok not like wow but ok, our was like are you seriously only one large towel and a surprise in the toilet that's right a 💩 Are u serious! We did not feel comfortable in the hotel nor in its cleanness

Not happy

Place was dirty. The room next door was a smoking room which didn't allow me to have a goodnight. And to top it off someone kept running back and forth the hallway. I would never come back to this place.

Place was near the theme parks.

Will not go there again

There were NO towels in the room and several people on our floor complained about not getting any. The sheets were not fitted and they had stains on them. There was noise late into the night and at 8 am (felt like 7 because the night before was the time change) a woman knocked on our door to see if we were checking out that day. Ice maker was broken. No coffee in the rooms. Rooms AND mattress were very outdated and old.

Location was good and staff upon check in were kind and accommodating.

I will never stay there again!

I booked a King but was told none were available. The beds were uncomfortable and blanket very thin. toilet seat wasn't secured to the to toilet, the flusher handle spun in a circle. They also had a mold growing issue. Elevator near our rooms were out of order.

ease of checking in and out

There were bugs in the bed! It smelled like they didn’t change the sheets. Disgusting place! No towels in the washroom and the staff have no customer service. It sounded like people actually live there full time...Wrost place ever!

Nothing. Only booked this place because I was flying back home to canada in the morning and only needed someplace for a couple hours.

It would if been alot better if I had bath towels in my room after they cleaned it

I didn't like the fact that they had a card in the bathroom that said when I want new towels just put the old ones on the floor in a pap and housekeeping will put clean towels in the room I went to work and I got back there's no clean towels but whoever cleaned my room didn't replace my towels before I went to my room after work I went to the front desk an ask for clean towels okay the girl only gave me two clean towels with no clean bath towels she acting like if she didn't know what I was saying when I ask for two bath towels to take a shower with okay so she took down my too number an told me she will have someone bring them to me I never received thoses two bath towels no one came up to my room that's poor customer service.

Awful

Everything. We got a refund. It was dirty, exposed lighting in the bathroom, bugs, no towels, noisy, smelly elevator, shabby room decor, people smoking pot on the balcony. A nightmare!!!

Disgusting, vile, do not book you will regret it!!!

Everything the most disgusting hotel/motel iv ever seen. The staff are rude and disinterested I hope my refund has been processed couldn’t even stay their for 5 mins for fear of catching something.

Nothing absoloutly vile, including the staff

Worst place ever .

Everything .There were 10 people complaining to the manager. Our room wasnt even cleaned when we arrived , the sink handles where all broken , we had no towels at all or anything . Contact the front desk and house cleaning they claim to send someone and never did for the whole weekend ,went to get a new room and they had none at all in both hotels ... because they had to move people from messed up rooms !

The only thing that is good about this place is the location NOTHING ELSE

I WOULD NOT STAY HERE. I WOULD SLEEP IN MY CAR FIRST.

Rooms was FILTHY!!! Carpet FILTHY!!! Staff mean as hell except for the MALE MANAGER. THE WONEN ARE RUDE AND DONT CARE AT ALL. THE WIFI WENT DOWN SO THEY HAD TO USE THEIR CELLPHONE PERSONAL HOTSPOT TO PROCESS REFUNDS. GUYS WERE USING DRUGS ON THE BALCONIES. DEFINITELY NOT A SAFE PLACE FOR KIDS.

This hotel look like a crackhead EXTENDED STAY!!!

do you trust and it was a disappointment, my family trip ended in nightmare had to return home ahead

Read below

booking.com can provide to publish this so disgusting hotel, they should close it by sanitary measures, you should not be part of this scam, my room yesterday Saturday 3 March number 1531 was a disgusting even could swim because there were no towels , I have 2 babies and we spent a horrific night, the carpet had pieces of food, the phone is trim has no or cord, dirty linens, beds were disordered, used bath towels had, the foul sinks, we could not even use it, we hope to that amaneciera to go, I put the claim at the frontdesk with a blonde Lady, stay in the call back me when the manager comes because I refuse to cancel the room scam, want answers to this abuse, not accept any charge to my card for this abuse

Was disappointed in what I had to pay a night

Most of the elevators did not work. This is the first hotel/resort that did not provide wi-fi for free and coffee. No free breakfast. You had to pay for it. When checked in I had to ask for towels and iron. Overall it was ok.

My stay there was not an enjoyable expierience.

I did not like to unexpected quests (roaches) and the facility was not as explained on the website (false advertisement). There was no wifi as indicated. The rooms were not cleaned and there were no towels available. The entrance to get to my room was always blocked off and had to use the entrance areas from the other side of the building, which was an inconvenience.

The ONLY thing I liked about the Metropolitan Resort was the location. There was plenty of selections to choose from when it came to choosing dinner or even a night out with the children.

The bath tub was dirty.. Did not have any wash cloths. The comforter was uncomfortable. Felt like a curtain. It was very loud at nigt couldnt get any sleep.

The rooms were nothing like they should have been the...

The rooms were nothing like they should have been the comforter on the bed felt like a curtain there was no microwave the toilet barely flushed the ironing board was broken the front door had to be slammed to close this place was by far the worst I have ever stayed in HUGE WASTE OF MONEY

Worst place ever

It was very awful dirty everywhere it was too late to return home that’s the only reason I stayed no soap no towels

I did not like anything it was nothing like the pictures it was very dirty toilet was not working right AC wasn’t working right

I rather sleep in a car before I sleep in a molded up room filled with spider webs n flith

The carpets are flithy n dirty. customer service is bad

The most horrible place so dirty flithy as we checked in my two year old found a used condom and a empty needle so nasty...the Russian clerk is very rude

I'm very happy with Allure resort. I will definitely book again even though parking was terrible!

Parking was terrible. Once the parking lot filled your kinda screwed. Metropolitan looked not so clean. And the kind of people around weren't pleasant.

We were put in the allure resort because the original hotel we were suppose to stay in was completely booked. Which I am very happy that happened because fro. The looks of the metropolitan resort the allure was way better. Clean comfortable and felt more safe.

Horrible experience.

Stay away from this hotel. I made a mistake and booked this hotel thinking it was the Allure where I had already stayed and had a good experience. The room was filthy I didn't allow my kids to walk barefoot. It smelled like cigarettes. The bathroom was so nasty we decided to take a shower in a family members house that live close by instead. The bathroom smelled like feces ALL THE TIME. The beds were uncomfortable and the sheets were a joke. We stayed because everything else was booked that night and we needed a place to sleep. We only stayed for 5 hours. By 6am we were out!!!

Dreadful!

The roaches!!! Filthy carpet! Elevators smelled like urine the staff wasn’t very friendly or helpful overall waste of money not comfortable at all the AC smells horrible while running. They didn’t give me towels I had to ask. They made my bed but didn’t change the linens ( I know because I killed a bug and the guts were still on the sheets) disgusting health department needs to shut them down!

Would definitely not stay here again.

No elevators worked, so had to walk up and down with small kids. No ice machines in the whole hotel worked aswell. Called the next day for towels and they never came.

Overall the hotel is nice but like I said way understaffed which made it difficult at check-in and a

Very understaffed made check-in process take way too long did nothing about screaming people in the hallways no parking due to an event at the YMCA which is on site they charge $0.50 for a plastic fork which was ridiculous

Rooms were nice

Disgusting place

This is the dirtiest place, the rooms are dirty, the beds were dirty the head boards were filled with mucus, the beds were fixed with only flat sheets which they came off and we woked up sleeping in the dirtiest yellow stained mattresses, we saw the housekeeper cleaning all the rooms with no sheets she was putting on the same sheets in the rooms.

Never never I will stay and dirty place I call customer services never help

Horrible services entire place all dirt still have Video and photos look the rooms never clean at all I ask for 2 days for cleaning the room I call 8 times never do nothing the Manager never answer or never around the hotel never never recommended this horrible and dirty place. Still have photos and video

Horrible ans dirty place also still the video for rhe room never clean for the 2 days I rewquest to bring some cleaning sheets

Will never stay here again

Carpets were so disgusting I wouldn't let my 2 year old walk on them, half the outlets didn't work, the refrigerator didn't work and smelled like sour milk and we told the front desk 3 times and never got a new one, had no towels in the room, no working ice machines had to go to hotel next door to get ice,

Horrible experience in this hotel

Never be back, need many pages to describe the horrible experience : double charge in my credit card, rooms Smelling very bad and to smoke ,no towels, no pillows, bugs inside the dirty beds,clogged showers...etc,etc ...if you don’t want to expose your family to an ordeal stay away from this hotel.

Horrible experience in this hotel Do not recommend , worst hotel ever in my entire life!!!!

I want a refund
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Accessible

Room door could not open. Waited on security for 45 minutes to open my door.had to get another room . room wasnt cleaned in a while. No towels, phone didnt work. Room #1135 at first the room #1549 . i want a refund.

Nothing. My service sucked

Got a refund and will not be returning to a hotel with bugs in the beds.

After we checked in we relaxed in our room for about 20-30mins, to find a silverfish in our bed. We killed it and move the pillows on the bed to look for more. Just to find two more under the pillows. On top of our room did not contain any towels at all. We were going to just change rooms, however we ended up just getting a refund after the rude and unprofessional attitude of the lady at the front desk. I’ve stayed at this hotel before and didn’t have any issues, but after this visit I definitely will not be coming back.

The location was the best thing about the hotel. Everything else was terrible.

It was a big mistake will not stay there

Nothing it was horrible the service and all old furniture in the room

Nothing was good about the room I had to fix the toilet myself cause it didn't work .The water wasn't hot enough not enough towels and no rag to wash yourself off with just terrible service the phone didn't work no microwave or remote to the TV had to request for one plus I had to pay 30 dollars extra for early check-in!!

Other than the above we were talking about coming back with the grandkids.

When leaving I took a load of my stuff to the car came back up to get the rest and two guys were in my room cleaning, threw away everything I had went back up to get. I looked in the trash bag they were using and so stuff was spilled over everything. I told them they were not to go into someone's room till they were checked out. I also told the front desk

Poor

Room was not comfortable, no towels, pillows were not great to sleep with, no one answered front desk phone all night, housekeeping was no where to be found, staff were unfriendly and acted like they didn’t want to work

The location is good

The room is not cleaned everyday The towels aré not changed everyday The rooms aré outside the lobby dame as the elevator.

The location is good Furniture is good.

Needs improvement

From the outside looking in it is a beautiful hotel. Inside it’s nasty. There were roaches and no towels or rags in the room. When the attendant came to bring them she only wanted to give me one towel and one rag when I had a family of 4. Appliances need to be updated because the tv was very old and had no power button on it.

Horrible

When walking to my room all you can smell is weed all down the hall. People outside smoking weed . Room smelled really bad. When trying to lay my son down i notice long female hair On the bed when pulling the cover off. FYI i have blonde hair

i would give lower than a 2.5 stars but thats the lowest this site will let me go.

The hotel room didn't have any towels. I called the front desk, and they told me they where out of towels.im ok with staying in a rundown room, its cheap... But i expect to be able to take a shower.

Location!

There were NO towels in the room, not even a washcloth. Had to go to the front desk since the phone in the room did not work. Sounded like several rooms also had no towels also. The TV only had two or three channels that worked.

Location! It was a perfect location.