Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham West Branch Iowa City Area 2 stars

#1 of 1 hotels in West Branch

6.2

5.5

Needs updating

The manager that checked us in couldn’t figure out our reservation. He said,”Just a minute,” then left the room. A moment later, his son( who appeared to be about 13 or so, ) came out and wanted to know what the problem was. I told him we needed to check in. He found our reservation right away. The outside of the building really needs updating. It has a trashy look to it. Although it was a good price for what we needed for the evening, we probably would not stay here again.

This Days Inn was in a great location for us while we traveled to our next location. It was easy to find.

Never again

No one was at the front desk and had to call someone to get checked in. The room I had was very dirty and not kept up in any capacity. I found long black hairs under and on top of the fitted sheet. The mattress was yellow along one side. The coffee pot, phone, and furniture were worn and dirty looking. The wall mirror was not hung but on the floor next to the main dresser. The bathroom had hair and dirt along every wall trim and the bath tub. The bath tub floor was dirty. The water was surprisingly warm and constant. The light fixture in the bathroom had bulbs but no cover and all the wires were exposed. There were two flies buzzing around the room. And there was a rat trap outside of our first floor window. The walls were very thin and I could hear the man in the next room snoring and someone else talking in the hallway about $38 they paid for something. I didn't feel comfortable and did not use the blankets to sleep at night. Used my sweatshirt and jacket instead. All of this and the prices were inflated because of an event being hosted at the local university to which most hotels were sold out.

Cold and loud sums up our stay!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When we arrived in our room, the heat was not on and it was freezing. Also, there was a bar attached to the hotel and there were around 30 people outside our room smoking and being very loud until 2 in the morning. We will not be staying at this hotel again.

Nothing fancy but it worked.

Nothing fancy here. Basic hotel was the only game in town...but for us (visiting the Hoover sites)...it worked just fine.

Very adequate and clean facility and very near the Hoover Library. Breakfast WAS INCLUDED in the room rate... (Booking.com did not list this)..???

It was a room that's it I wouldn't use a 3rd party like this site again !!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The T.V didn't work and the desk clerk wasn't available he was drunk at the bar it pissed me off cause college football started couldn't watch the game and there was the biggest bug in the tub all night again the desk clerk shut down for the night

Check-in in

Would not stay again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room had an odor that resembled old smoke; cleaning was completed at a minimal level; bed did not have enough support; the breakfast was very minimal. Back 'security' door was broken, so always unlocked.

Convenient to the place we were visiting

It sucked. Don't stay here. Stay in your car first.

Everything but the bed. And I do mean everything!!!!!!

The management needs retraining. The whole hotel needs remodel. Three out of four bathroom out of order. The highlight to our stay was the bed was comfortable. The rest was not good at all. I made this reservation 6 months ahead of time because I have to be on the 1st floor because I can not climb steps. When I got there the guy behind the desk said all the first floor room were given out that morning. When I ask about booking 6 months ahead of time, he said it made no difference. I would not stay here if you paid me.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

The bar was a very friendly place to go
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They used the card i reserved the room with after I asked them not to then when I asked them to fix it item took 3 weeks for the the card to get refunded even though it took 5 seconds for the to charge the card i asked them to in the first place and they were very rude about it

The bar was a very friendly place to go

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Exceeded our expectations.

The outside bar area could have been more attractive. Ceiling falling down above gym equipment. I believe it was rectified during our stay.

The beds were extremely comfortable. Having a bar on site was a bonus and the staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Location to the interstate was good, Bed was comfortable and...

Person who checked us in did not give us much information on where to get dinner. The ice maker was out of order.

Location to the interstate was good, Bed was comfortable and Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Don't waiste your money!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed was broken, whole place smelled bad, super expensive, the breakfast was tiny and tasted horrible. Awful hotel!

It was literally the only hotel anywhere near Iowa city that had rooms left. I can see why! It sucked!

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Last resort hotel

Too expensive for the condition of the hotel. The phone didn't work. There was no ESPN on the TV.

They tried to update the bathroom. One of the best Mexican Restaurants we have eaten in was just down the road!

comfortable bed, easy access

music from bar, hard to sleep

comfortable bed, easy access

short

didn't eat there and the bed was ok

Smoker room for a dog guest.

Too noisy for a dog

good value especially for game day but facility is falling apart. did not finish renovation.

Liked the sports bar downstairs and great service from staff

Anything

Not a favorite Days Inn hotel.

Someone on duty for check out, some pillows not so fat, better breakfast options, not a smelly room.

The coffee was hot.

Do not stay here

Everything this place sucked.

Leaving

Great owner and manager.

Great owner and manager.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Relaxable

Hardly any plug ins in the room..

I liked how the lady at the front desk came and helped me.. very pleasant stay.. I'd stay again..

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

ticked all the boxes

more attractive outside seating area.

good breakfast choices. perfect location for our needs.

There are also 14 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.