Reviews of Pacific Shores Inn 3 stars

#157 of 226 hotels in San Diego

5.6

Nice
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

Some type of a continental breakfast. Especially at this price point!

Excellent location to the beach, comfortable clean. Within walking distance to many restaurants.

Pleasantly surprised at Pacific Shores Inn
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

The only bad thing I could say is that we I Received 1 towel for 4 days and 1 pillow for each person in our room.. But that was minor and we asked for more and they sent them over immediately. It was a minor, and the reatbifbour stay was great!

The location was the best part! The rooms were so clean, spacious, comfortable and appeasing to the eye. The best place I have stayed in in San Diego for the price and quick convenient access to the beach!

Had a great stay, walking distance to everything.
    • Standard Room with Queen Bed

The free breakfast was a little disappointing but it was free.

I was skepticle when arriving at hotel. Outside looked older but the Room appeared recently remodeled. Everything was clean.

It’s a nice enough place to stay.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It’s a nice enough place to stay. Maybe a little overpriced. I was really disappointed with manager. Charging my credit card for someone else’s room and charging me twice because he wasn’t paying attention which left me very low on funds to enjoy rest of trip. Trying to see how it could be rectified was a nightmare. Manager never available! Now I get home and still having nightmares about it!

Rude staff, poor cleaning and no one in charge can help with your problems.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff didn't make the room. And sad we didn't want to make the room, but insted, we sad that we want later. The staff's rude and unpolite. Don't be surpresid to be awaken at 8am with a lady hammering your dor with the fists. I waited the manager to call for 2 weeks to talk about the stay but they didn't return. Rather to stay in hostel than this place. I would recommend this place for enemies.

Great stay, great location.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

Parking was a problem, not enough spaces or outsiders parking there? Needs to be addressed.

Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Location was perfect, walk to all shops, restaurants, beach in Pacific Beach. Staff was very welcoming and helpful.

Mostly booked the room for the location, decorations were cute, room was nothing special.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bed was uncomfortable, blankets felt weird, ceiling fan made a loud noise, and there were no curtains (only wooden shutters) so the sun peaked through

The location and bathroom

Beautiful location and lovely hotel.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The breakfast was basic and there wasn’t a safe in the room.

The location was perfect and the rooms were modern. The bathroom was very modern and had a huge shower. The check in and check out was very smooth and easy.

Loved it.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

All of the staff were friendly and accommodating. They went above and beyond. The room was spacious and clean. The location is perfect and the rates are reasonable. I will definitely come back!

Nice
    • Standard Room with Queen Bed

The room smelled very strongly of beach. It was over whelming for the first few hours. We stayed in the rooms by the pool. The outside of that building looks very dirty and out dated. We were on our honeymoon so we were disappointed at first.(The inside was clean though)

Right by the beach. Nice Location.

Our beautiful room that was but a moment from every beach sunrise and sunset that we would want.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was a very small detail, but the sink faucet had been installed improperly and often caused water to spill onto the counter. We just put a small towel under it and all was peachy though. I loved all else about the bathroom.

beds were super comfy. My favorite was the newly renovated bathroom. It was very nice, modern and comfortable. We also liked the outside shower to wash feet off after the beach, and the easy parking right at our door.

Short and sweet
    • Standard Room with Queen Bed

Not enough bedding. I was cold at night, (and usually am hot) the bed needed a comforter or extra blanket.

I didn’t realize there would be a kitchen, nice to have!

I enjoyed the location of this hotel right on the beach and I walked it every morning. I loved Cali
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was busy and noise was loud. I asked for a quiet room and the first night was not quiet but they switched my room and it was better.

The location is great! It is right at Pacific beach. The rooms were clean.

Great location and wonderful staff . Great value for money .
    • Standard Room with Queen Bed

Pet friendly was a little strange as we could hear the dog next door ! Not been to a pet friendly motel before . A little noisy as the walls are pretty thin .

Very comfortable king bed . Large spacious room and fridge / coffee maker and microwave . Very good continental breakfast . Good sized pool. The staff were extra friendly and helpful. The location is amazing . 2 mins to the beach / cafes / restaurants . Very good value for money and free onsite parking . Loved it , would go back .

Updated bathroom and bedroom, with modern decor.
    • Standard Room with Queen Bed

Really hard bed, and the door didn't seal properly. It was windy the night we were there and the cold air was pouring into the room. Also, not having a sealed door made it so you heart everything right outside the soom.

Updated bathroom and bedroom, with modern decor. The location was incredible. Close to Pacific Beach and lots of food choices.

Great stay and location would stay here again
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

When the cleaning staff came in they only replaced our room with three towels when they knew we had 5 people.

Great location. We could see the ocean from our patio

Comfy and pleasant.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The buildings look round out, or worn down but each room has a table with chairs at the door outside. The breakfast is basic, coffee,juice and some pastry. The parking is ok, just ok.It's a fair price for San Diego that is very expensive and you pay extra city taxes and fees always, but I wouldn't say that is cheap, but it's fair. The room inside much better than the outside.

The room is updated, comfy, the beds are great, the decor beach like. Also is one block to the beach.

The beach was steps away.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The beach was steps away. The boardwalk was a nice surprise and it overlooked the ocean. It was beautiful! Our remodeled room was very sweet and cozy. The staff were exceptionally nice!

Mostly good, could be a bit cleaner.
    • Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette

Room service isnt regular and inacurate. You have to get new towels yourself. Trash may stay for 3 days untouched. And some classic 100 year old dust on vents.

Coffee on reception was awesome

I really like the location to the beach and all and all I was very happy with our room.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

You had to go to the lobby to pickup coffe refills, no extra toilet paper when you were down to just what was on the roll. No note pad and pen to write on. The muffin were stale and not much variety..

The size of the room,furniture was very nice . The high ceilings.

The rooms were just remodeled so everything is nice and new.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The lobby smells like cigarette smoke.

The rooms were just remodeled so everything is nice and new. Can’t beat the location! Not a luxury building with tons of amenities, but a great place, close to the water, and super clean. Great value for the money.

Super close to the beach.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

This was the first hotel that I have ever gone to that couldn't find our booking.com reservation which was a bit alarming. They did however have a room available. The exterior of the building needs updated, and better signage would be helpful as we missed it driving by.

Super close to the beach. Interior of rooms are nicely renovated. Included free parking and free wifi.

Perfect location, price & staff!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

When I booked this hotel I knew it was near and within walking distance to the beach, but I had no idea it was literally seconds from the door! You could hear the waves crashing at night. I woke up and drank my coffee on the beach! Room was great. Very clean. No issues! With the awesome location the price was amazing. If I wasn't there for an event I would have parked and never left until my departure time. EVERYTHING you need is literally in walking distance. We ate breakfast & dinner on the beach (Sonny's is amazing for breakfast!). Will definitely book this place for my next San Diego trip!!

No hair dryer in room, I found there was none once I already...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No hair dryer in room, I found there was none once I already washed my hair. When I reported to ask Front staff, he said he had to wait til the next morning. The next day, housekeeper forgot to put the foot towel in bathroom, when I asked front staff, he said he did not know where it was kept. It is like staff cannot help anything.

Great view, close walk to the beach. We enjoyed our stay
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

When we got to the room the TV wasn’t working, I called the front and it was fix relatively quick.

We had a great view of the ocean and the free breakfast was delicious. Very clean and the beds were very comfortable.

Finally not an overpriced place in the U.S !
    • Standard Room with Queen Bed

Breakfast? What is it? No Elevator.

Finally a place which is not overpriced in the U.S ! Very nice staff. Free Parking with no issues. Right on the Pacific Beach. 15 minutes drive from La Jolla.

Comfortable. Loved the beach access.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Even though the sign in front of the Pacific Shores Inn stated AAA accepted, they would not accept/use my AAA card because it had not been mentioned at booking. I do not believe I was given the opportunity to use my AAA at booking.

The location. The friendly staff. All issues resolved...ie) extra towel; keys that work

Close to beach
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No view, too expensive, ample time reserved and no free cancellation option, motel not hotel. Very old property with renovation in room only.

Close to beach

I've stayed before w/ my adult daughters & my 3 year old grandson.this time w/husband & will again.
    • Standard Room with Queen Bed

I know this place is pet friendly - but our next door neighbors had 2 dogs they kept closed in the bathroom for hours while they were out..i had to call the front desk I just couldn't take the barking any longer..they got a hold of the tenants and they came back to deal with that. and someone parked length wise in front of our door overnight and still there the day we were checking out. didn't think we were supposed to park there or else we would have.

comfortable/friendly guy at check in-out/good sweets, coffee and juice in the mornings/easy to get to the beach and resturaunts lots of things to do/pool was relaxing/lots of parking/lots of tv channels/big bathroom/lots of space to put our things/asked for extra pillows they were delivered in 5 mins. comfortable bed/extra towels/big shower/I felt safe here/didn't drive anywhere for 3 days everything is within walking distance.

Fantastic spot but too pricey
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

Rooms have the "kitchen corner", however there were no dishes at all so no use (we were told that dishes is not in the standard room, but only in suites), no good for $200 rate room. "Breakfast" was only bad taste coffee (powder creamer only, no milk/cream) and kind of sweet stuff (at least). We selected the motel also for the breakfast availability, but this was no good decision. Free wifi shall be standard for motel with such high rate, but this one only offer paid wifi (good to say reasonable rate).

Fantastic location by the beach, easy to find and park, not in the noisy area. Rooms spacious with nice bathroom.

Over priced for service and location
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff was not helpful. Ask for baby crib multiple times before arrival and was not ready for over 2 hours after check in and baby needed nap after long road trip

Location was great

Terrible, I would never go there
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No hot water, I was helping my daughter and go showers in there. I was helping with her new baby. it was awful. Danica Lamza

We had no hot water all the time I was There and never had a shower just taken a cold cup and put it into the microwave I would never go theresgain. no chairs out to sit. It ruined my trip

Decent Stay
    • Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette

The pictures we were shown of the room when we booked was not the same room we got and when we asked about it they just argued that it was. Even with proof they wouldn't do anything about it.

The rooms were cozy even though we didn't get the right one and the location was very convenient.

Full ocean view well with the extra $
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

First room was next to a room that was under remodle, wouldn't have been a problem to most but we are night people and like to sleep in late.

Changed rooms second night to full ocean view, worth it! Breakfast in the area was awesome!

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

The room was spectacular.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

When I checked in, the customer service representative said, that the hotel was full. I made the reservation earlier in the day. He proceeded to call Booking.com to find me another hotel. He was on hold for five minutes. Finally, he said he had a cancellation. It was frustrating not knowing if I could stay there or not. More choices at breakfast, like bagels or cereal.

The room was a very nice size.

Three minute walk to the beach
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our AC was broken… They had no one to fix it… So the room was hot....and no extra rooms to move us in… So we had to use a portable fan

It was located At a great beach area… Only 3 minute walk to the beach… And parking was awesome...The room was very clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Clean room
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Cheap breakfast, La Quinta at least offers eggs, bacon and cereal at waffles at their location. Not impressed with the continental breakfast.

Clean room

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Great 3 days on the beach
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Floor in the bathroom was disgusting. Absolutely filthy with wads of chewing gum ground in. Wore shoes every time I went in even in the shower

Bed was comfy and the location is wonderful

Close to Mission Beach, which was a few minutes walk away.

It was a busy week right after Memorial Day and parking was sometimes hard to come by at the property. There were more parking spaces onsite but they were taken up by remodeling supplies, etc.

Close to Mission Beach, which was a few minutes walk away. There's a gas-fired BBQ grill in the pool area which was nice; we didn't use it but others did.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Our family of 3 generations had a great stay.

Entry doors didn't close tight.

We were in a newly remodeled room. Nice beds, large rooms, walk to the beach, continental breakfast, always found a place to park. We would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

If you want a pet cockroach stay here
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Well first off our comforters were dirty so we put them on the floor and when we came back to room there was a huge cockroach. Which terrified my baby and mother. New comforters were brought in with a baby cockroach on it. The maintenance guy ALEX WAS GREAT.He immediately moved us and moved our stuff, however, the room was new so there were no amenities. The shower water wasn't adjusted so it would burn you while showering. Alex was very helpful the front desk staff had no clue how to take care of any issues. Alex the maintenance man should be in charge of the property. I called the manager who only offered $50 dollars off our stay. We had cockroaches! we had to hike up and down stairs with neck and back problems with a toddler, stroller and car seat.

It was close to the ocean

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

less than 5 min walk to the ocean.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

have to pay for the wifi. was without water for a couple hours for 2 days out of our trip due to remodeling.

less than 5 min walk to the ocean. nice updated rooms.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Value grade accommodations don't be picky.
    • Grand room with Two Queen Beds

Shower backs up. Breakfast bar isn't the best. Difficult to park after 9pm.

Close to beach walking distance. Grocery store close by. Microwave and fridge.

Staff very friendly and responsive.
    • Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette

Room was old and they were doing renovations. Lots of noise and construction material around during day.

Staff very friendly and responsive. 2 minute walk to the beach!

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

booking.

booking.com overbooked and my granddaughter and I were stranded with no where to stay. we were the second reservation turned away from booking.com very unpleasant experience, did not even see the hotel to rate.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Awesome spot 2 min walk from the beach!
    • Room Selected at Check-In

On our check out day the water went out like 2 hours before check out so we could not shower or anything.

I was blown away by how close to the ocean this property was. We also had an outside sitting area which was nice. The room was much nicer than I expected, slightly worn but still fantastic.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Great location, nice staff, dated facilities
    • Standard Room with Queen Bed

The room smelled funky due to peeling, moldy walls. There was a lot of noise coming in so if you're a light sleeper, don't go with the second floor rooms. The first floor on the north side have been renovated nicely.

Great location, responsive staff

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Can't beat the location!
    • Standard Room with Queen Bed

Breakfast was not great, but not an issue as there were lots of places around for breakfast.

Half a block from the beach! Restaurants, bars and cafés within walking distance. Didn't have to use the car once while there. Perfect spot if your after a laid back, surfy stay. Wifi worked around the whole property.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Great place!! Just one issue
    • Grand room with Two Queen Beds

The carpet of the hotel room were wet the whole time we were there. We were only staying for a night so we didn't make a big deal about it. I told the clerk when checking out so they can fix it before the next guests.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Dingy. But close to beach.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Roof was peeling all over from water damage. Rust. Lamp was broken. Out of the whole place only two open outlets worked. Floor was heavily stained. Just dirty. Was afraid to sleep in the bed.

Quiet. So close to the beach.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Location, location allows ugly furnishings at high prices
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Raggedy chairs and table. The air conditioning didn't work but the staff gave me a credit to compensate for the inconvenience. I realize the location by the beach in August in San Diego allows one to charge high prices but it is the crummiest room for over $300 per night. The furniture looked like thrift store quality. See photos.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

desperate need of renovation

The rooms smell terrible (mildew), filthy carpet old, raggedy bed spread,hard mattress.bathroom dor eaten by mildew.Dirty windows that don't open.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Had a wonderful stay there will definitely go back! Staff very friendly and helpful.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I wish the refrigerator was larger and that they had more parking...but parking is free.... so cant really complain about that. Saved me 100$ right there! Most hotels charge 20$ a day to park on the property.

We love Pacific Shores Inn....2nd time here and rooms are redone and modern they have a kitchenette with a sink and stove top to make food. The rooms are large and comfortable. Bathrooms really nice. Five minutes from beach sand and close to all shopping and Mission Blvd activities. only 20 min to LaJolla shores where we went kayaking and walked through Scripps Aquarium. Amazing trip! Great hotel!

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

We were in a group of 4.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We were in a group of 4. We asked to pay up front but the did not let us. So one of us put their card on hold. And then once we paid, the person whose card was on hold was charged the full amount even though each of us being charged 1/4 each. She was charged her share plus the remaining 3/4 was still held on her card. We had to call the hotel numerous times to get them to sort this out and had to explain each time what had happened. Each time we called, the longer the hotel told us it would take for the charge to be removed. The charge was removed 3 weeks after we checked out

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

"Fun in the Sun".......
    • Grand room with Two Queen Beds

Parking is very limited, even the streets were all parked. I managed to park directly in front of their office a couple nights in a row. And they only have pastries and coffee, and oj for breakfast. Would have been nice to have hard boiled eggs, and/or yogurt, or cereal.

Being right next to the beach was a wonderful bonus. I have been back three different times! And went with my whole family, including little ones, too.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

Thankfully, We did stay in a renovated room, I was told they...
    • Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette

Thankfully, We did stay in a renovated room, I was told they all were, but that was not true, not all rooms are, they told me they will be working on that for the next couple years. the ones that are done are nice, clean and comfortable.

Had a great time .
    • Standard Room with Queen Bed

Had a great time ..i will be back :)

Good

Parking

Everything service everything was clean customer service was good location excellent

Staff good and nice bed spread dirty never came and fixed it and 4 the price could have changed it a

Tv small

Room said balcony no balcony

Very enjoyable
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

View from window. And our room did not have balcony

The room was very clean and comfortable. The pool was lovely

Restful
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Front desk clerks were awful!

The head manager of the maid service was awesome! The only saving grace.! She was extremely helpful!

Location was convenient. Everything was excellent including price.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The clean room and the location to the beach.

Location very close to beach
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Beds and pillows very uncomfortable and kitchenette poorly stocked.

Location very close to beach

Excellent location and hotal

There was nothing I didn't like. It was perfect

Such a great place. Can't wait to come back

very good, enjoyed my stay!

none

great location, close to the ocean and restaurants.

• Standard Room with Queen Bed

Everything was perfect but the breakfast was not so good

The position is perfect

Friendly people, close to beach, food and entertainment!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Friendly people, close to beach, food and entertainment!

Crowded & uncomfortable
    • Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette

Wasn't very clean. Not the room that was shown. Wouldn't have gotten it if I new how the rooms were. Parking was horrible...

Close to the beach!

Close to the beach!

Pool was dirty

Clean, close walk to ocean
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

I thought it was on the beach. They were cleaning our room before we checked out.

Clean, close walk to ocean

Vacation

Close to the beach

Great Beach Stay
    • Standard Room with Queen Bed

Location, cleanliness, free parking, staff

Location, location, location.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

Location, location, location. Our room had an ocean view. Parking was free.

Browse Pacific Shores Inn traveller photo gallery