Reviews of Palace Station Hotel & Casino 3 stars

2411 West Sahara Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 89102, USA

#166 of 193 hotels in Las Vegas

Based on 1925 hotel reviews

• Luxury King Room

Staff were very tentative and helpful. Room was nice and clean and very comfortable. The free airport shuttle service is great and so helpful. The driver was awesome and I really enjoyed the conversations and his friendliness. I wasn't here for long as I stayed here between flights, but I was very happy with the service I received during my stay.

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

Well there were cockroaches in one room, trash, food & toys all under the tables and gross stains all over the curtains in the other room. Dings and dirt, & foot marks on all the doors. The elevator is scary and needs updating. There is no stop or release for the elevator to open when they close. My son got stuck on the 21st floor and there was no emergency release to go get him until it went all the way down and back up leaving a 6 year old by himself. The elevators need to have this & need major updating from making noises when they go up and down they sound like there going to fall at any time.

I loved how the staff upgraded my room twice after finding the 1st and 2nd room filthy & we were bumped to a beautiful suite over looking the strip and that was beautiful inside and out. The people working there were all so friendly and helpful. Everything else seemed nice. I will defiantly stay since the staff helped us get into a nice suite.

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

The Irish Pub is now gone! The peice and quite at the pools is now gone! Palace Station once had the bennifit of being off the stop with the added feeling of peace, serenity & break from the typical Large scale bussel of the rest! It has lost its charm!!!!

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

the casino is under contruction and a bit noisy but I have always stayed there and I will continue to book my room there .

the salaibury dinner special was well worth it..I think we ate it 3 times for dinner !!

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

If anything, location could be better but they make up for that with the shuttle service. A taxi from the strip late at night will charge you about 15 bucks to the hotel.

It was a really nice hotel. They have a shuttle service that takes you to the strip or to the airport since it's a bit far from both. Restaurant is open 24 hours as well as the casino.

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

I thought the food at the buffet could have been better . I also wish the room could have been a little bigger and that it had a microwave and also a mini fridge

I liked the house keeping and how they brought us towels when needed . I also liked the comfort of the bed

• Luxury King Room

You need transportation, nothing is walking distance!

Very niceee, could have been better pricing wise but hotel amenities were nice everyone was friendly ‘ the hotel shuttle was definitely a plus and the hotel had many convenient food options.

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

Me and my family didn't feel safe. Although cameras was thought out the facility, my sister's purse was stolen. Where me and my family were waiting for other family members, they didn't have cameras.

The rooms were very nice and spacious.

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

I have nothing negative to say about the Palace Station on the contrary, I will recommend everyone I know traveling to Las Vegas to stay there.

The room/bathroom was beautiful, spacious and the bed extremely comfortable. I felt very pleased to park my car at the parking structure. I noticed several surveillance cameras and security guards on bicycles patrolling constantly - day/night (though it rained off and on). The gas station is right next to the parking lot exit as are several freeways. It was very affordable to shop and eat all three meals. The pool area and small gym were opened long hours. The Palace Station in my opinion is an extravagant hotel. Once you stay there you will realize that it is a mistake to spend thousands of dollars at hotels on the strip. The Palace Station is a Hidden Gem!!

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

The buffet could have a little more selection, but I still enjoyed eating there.

This hotel is not on the strip which I like. The buffet is reasonably priced, and so is the hotel. The rooms are also a good size as is the bathroom. Free parking, I will stay at this hotel again.

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

We chose the hotel deceived by the pictures on line. The only thing that was perfect was customer service. The room however was dirty. Carpet was stained, garbage on the floor and the lounge chair so filthy that after taking a shower I made sure that I don't touch nor seat anywhere except for the bed with clean sheets. There are only one door between the rooms so if the neighbors decide to party all night - so will you ... unwillingly. And we were looking forward to spending some time by the pool, but it was under the construction, which unfortunately was not mentioned on the website while we were booking the room. We won't come back.

The only thing that was perfect was customer service.

• Luxury King Room

They could use a lesson in Customer service!!!

Just make sure you know about the 100$ deposit, in addition to being overcharged for a room I did not even get to stay in because they were unwilling to work with me. Then when I tried to rectify the situation by calling booking.com, the Hotel clerk acted like I had never called to make changes to my reservation, although the agent at booking.com knew the individual's name ( Carlos, and another lady who was the rudest person I have encountered in a very long time) to whom she spoke with regarding changing the reservation.. So basically they acted like, I straight up lied about speaking w/ anyone regarding the reservation, etc... So end of story.. although I had already paid $114 towards my Reservation, and was willing and able to secure that damn deposit of 100$, I ended up sleeping in a car, IN VEGAS of all places, which is very dangerous, and was out $114.50 without ever even getting to stay in the room!!!!

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

The hotle is centerally located. First time that I entered my room a naked adult male was there with a young girl as well as another male. I left immidieately and called the front desk and let them know I was concern about the girl. They said no one suppose to be in the room. They changed my room however I did not feel safe and could not sleep. The first thing in morning I left the hotle. The resturant was expensive for what it offered and did not have a interesting menu. I asked for non smoking room however I could smell some smok coming from air conditioner and I just did not say anything and tolerated my stay. Horrible! Never will I stay there again.

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

For some reason i was charged 27$ for something and have been wanting to call in and ask but no one ever has the right operator for me

I liked how spacious the room was and the view. ME and my husband had a great time relaxing

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

only one thing we didn't like,pillows way to big and puffy! hurt the neck. instead of 4 like pillows,maybe 2 normal and 2 puffy. to satisfy all types of guests!

access to parking lot!love the way the remodel is shaping up! great food in the café.

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

I knew before I booked, but it's a couple miles off the strip. However, I took an Uber to Freemont St., and it was a little over $5 one way. Still not bad. Great place for the money.

They have remodeled a lot of Palace Station, and more is being done now. It's turned into a really nice casino. Great places to eat, right on the property.

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

Had an incident with the staff in the casino and because of that I will NEVER RETURN TO THIS FACILITY EVER AGAIN! I have reached out to Stations Hotel corporate and hopefully the situation is handled accordingly. We were verbally harassed by the pit boss at one of the game tables. As for the hotel itself I have always enjoyed my numerous stays! But unfortunately I will NOT BE RETURNING!

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

After making my reservation In the Palace Station lobby the check in staff told me I had to wait 15 20 minutes . Even though I showed her my confirmation number. Apparently there is a delay in processing when you book with 3rd party’s

The upgraded rooms were very comfortable, spacious, and noise free

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

Not sure what you get for the additional resort price that is added on after you have booked your room on ‘booking.com.’Pool area out of action so no where to sit in the sun and this was not clear when we booked. Receptionist staff did not explain anything about hotel facilities- eg that we should have got a membership card to be able to access special offers , had to ask how to use Wi-fi.

Housekeeping of the room was excellent. Staff in bingo hall and buffet area very helpful .

• Luxury Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I wish it was a little closer to the strip, and I wasn't sure if there was a pool and if so where it was. Also we weren't offered drinks while we were gambling, so we had to go find someplace to get one.

Everyone was really friendly, beds were super comfy. 9/10 would go back next time I'm in Vegas. Also really easy to get a cab, uber, or lyft when we needed to go somewhere

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

Your bisket and gravy had no flavor. It was just watery gravy.your hash browns were a little burnt.

Your Prime rib was gooood.Your mash potatoes were good.your corn bread was good.

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

Tons of construction that I feel should be advertised. The pool, the main entrance, and the casino floor was all under construction and I still had to pay a premium for a resort fee when half of the resort was under construction. I could have stayed elsewhere for almost the same price and better location, less smokey, and more ammenities/nicer.

I liked the location and the amount of restaurants. The beds and pillows were decent.

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

Need a more clear sign about where should park or not. Some surprise when paying the fees.

View from the window is good. The location is good for self-driving.

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

That I burnt the bottom of my foot In the shower on a knob that sticks out of wall and when I called the manager after I got home he just shrugged it off.I burnt my foot in your shower and it was due to no signs posted for hot do not touch.I went to get married that day & could barely walk.Made my day not so pleasant.

Room

• Luxury Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room doesn’t have a iron and fridge other than that was amazing stay in the palace station hotels & casino

Great customer service also room services

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

The shuttle driver said he’d be back to pick us up from the strip at 5:15. I had to Uber back.

I asked for the highest floor available. I believe there are 22 floors and I was given a lovely room and n the 21st floor with a beautiful view. It was perfect!

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

We dislike the air in the room and comon areas. To much smell of smoke. I gues you have smoking and non smoking floors but smell is presenr everiwhere. The air circulates through aircondition system. All floors where probably smoking at some point. Since than the carpets haven’t been replaced. Day to day cleaning is fine. The curtens where dirty, many greezy or unknown spots on them.

Buffet

24 hour $1 keno. Slot play good and a variety. Point play good on certain days. Room clean and comfortable. Desk people very friendly and helpful. I would stay there again.

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

Uncomfortable bed, hidden resort fee

parking is a short walk from all surrounding locations, check-in was fast and easy, Starbucks and cafe are easy to get to from rooms(you don’t have to walk through casino to get to), prices at cafe are reasonable, room was clean

• Luxury Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The check in person she was very rude she tried to Charge me $287 for two nights but I already pay one night when I did the booking it was supposed to be 100 and $.87 plus $100 deposit enough through a while when we come up to agreement that is $.87 $987 She told me that it wasn’t her problem that I didn’t understand her at the beginning and I have my wife and my daughter with me and we all know that she was charging me $187 anyway she was very rude

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

The room wasn’t thoroughly cleaned. Not enough towels.

The Charcoal Restaurant was a great experience. From the moment we walked in the staff was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu items.

Bed was not that comfortable and we paid for a resort fee and there were no resort amenities available. No pool no gym. Also there were no shows or entertainment other than gambling.

Oyster Bar and Black Jack $5 tables

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

Gambling was horrible, security confronted a drunk person and made the situation worse by trying to be bully. The guy simply needed food and coffee.

Eggs were burned on edges, buffet was not that eye appealing.

• Luxury King Room

Loosing money but had a good time

First time in Las Vegas it was an amazing cant wait to visit again again always will use booking.com best reccomended booking site/app I will use for everything very good prices thanks a lot had a great trip

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Limited restaurants

Im here every year as my convention is held here. Easy location, great rooms but the on going renovation made the place a mess. But its for the greater good. Looking forward to my next visit?

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

Need a better way to get luggage from parking garage, a cart or something, it is a long way from the rooms. And there is a bad bottle neck by the Starbucks.

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

It's off the strip, but the price, quality of the rooms and the professionalism of their staff makes this hotel a great value.

Palace Station is a little off the strip, but the price and the accommodations are worth the small drive. The only issue I had was the pool was out of commission because they are refurbishing the hotel. The rooms are nice and modern, clean and comfortable. The staff is efficient and friendly the buffet is affordable and there is a good selection of good quality food.

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

There wasn't anything that I did not like about this hotel everything was pretty much good

the room was really nice and very spacious and super clean

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

Staff was nice, as well as the room. It was clean and comfortable. I had breakfast at the Grand Cafe and it was really good. I'd eat there again even if I wasn't staying at the Hotel.

• Courtyard Room with King Bed or Two Double Beds

Was told they would be sending a roll away, didn’t show my employees had to share a bed, when complaining to stuff got told we where not paying for so it not a big deal. Told management whould Call never did after three requests gave up

Value, rooms where ok

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

The slot machines stunk, never got more than a few extra pulls in three days, . Lost over five hundred dollars with no entertainment value, drinks way over priced (everywhere) cigerette smoke was intoxicating on the floor

The Oyster bar was real good, The front desk staff was very helpful when the wife needed to copy and fax some medical documents. The room was clean an sanitary, parking was good.

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

I really can't pinpoint something that I didn't like.

I like The View. I felt comfortable by myself there. I love the restaurant. Everyone was friendly. I will go back there again.

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

I booked through booking.com and it stated they had a pool afterwards I went on to the hotel website and found out their pool was closed I called the front desk and the lady was very rude to me telling me I could not get my money back and that I would be charged for the full night stay and she basically told me it was my fault for not checking their website 1st before booking through booking.com .And when we got there to check in the lady at the front desk was also very rude telling my husband his debit card wasn't working there must not be any money in there when we knew there was and told him he needed to step aside and go figure it out so she could check someone else in

The main restaurant had really good food the wait staff was very frienly and so helpful

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

None of the staff there would enforce the non smoking areas when someone is smoking there.

I take a annual vacation to Vegas and have stayed at the Palace the last three years, I highly recommend the hotel to my friends and family, the hotel prices are reasonable, the amenities are better than most, it has a great location if you don’t wanna be on the strip and the hotel is undergoing renovations, that to this point are very nicely done.

• Luxury King Room

Remodel,clean and re-evaluate the staff at the location

I had a horrible experience at Palace Station. The hotel was dirty and the host at registration was very rude and nasty. No pick were available what so ever so you didn't even know what you were paying for. The worst!

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

The a/c took quite a while to cool down. There was a tour group blocking access to the elevators and only 3 of the lifts were running. It took 20 minutes of waiting to finally get on the elevator

The staff was friendly and efficient. The room was comfortable.

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

Other than plenty of parking lots, i don't see anything that i like about Palace Station.

During check-in, we got our room and the receptionist isn't friendly. Once we get into the room, it's like a disaster, used towels spreading around (basin, bed) and a chewing gum stick on the timer, it seems to me that after the previous customer checked-out, there is no housekeeping being done, we call to the front-desk. After the conversation with the operator, she required us to go to the front-desk again. So, we proceed to the front-desk and get another "clean" room, it was the receptionist who check-in for us, and with no surprise, with the statement above not friendly, she not even put on a smile or apologize, no nothing. We proceed to the second room, as my booking stated clearly, that i would like to have a 2 queen bed room, the new room was a king bed room. So, i have to make another phone call, and finally, got the replacement right next to the first room. I don't think it's value for money. And the only requirement we want for our room, is clean, and it does not fulfilled.

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

Pool torn out. No notice.that was a real disappointment. No coffee or fridge in room. dated bathroom.movies 11 bucks?? Wow

Parking garage a plus. Cafe had good steaks.great location

• Luxury Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The African american Guy that checked me in was non engaging.. Bland customer service skills

The restaurant .. great prices and a lot of good food.. Friendly service

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

On arrival into the room the tub, toilet, and sink looked clean, but there was hair all over the bathroom floor. Yech, disgusting. No answer by housekeeping, but the front desk sent housekeeping to clean and provide additional towels. Unfortunate that we had to ask for what should be done before our arrival.

Parking garage next to the hotel and casino is free still as this property is off of the strip. Most casinos on the strip have paid parking now. Check in was quick and painless. When we got to the room it looked clean with new linen, but the room was short on towels. Only 2 sets for the 3 of us. Breakfast buffet had plenty to eat, but they are unorganized at the register before you enter. Staff needs training.

• Courtyard Room with King Bed or Two Double Beds

There is a shuttle to go to the strip but it happens to be out of service sometimes (it was once when we were there). They ask for $20 for internet access and shuttle access.

Nice place.

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

The temperature in the casino was WAY TOO COLD! That was our major complaint. Didn't like the pillows...too firm. Bed was so-so.

Liked the $5 blackjack tables

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

i JUST DIDN'T LIKE THE STEPS GOING DOWN TO THE CAFE. I DID TRY THE WHEELCHAIR RAMP, EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT WHEELCHAIR BOUND. BUT, I FOUND THE STAIRS WERE LESS TAXING. BUT, THE OVERALL STAY WAS BETTER, THAN THIS SMALL DETAIL WITH THE STAIRS.

i AM HANDICAPPED. MY ROOM WAS CLOSE TO ELEVATOR. EVERYTHING WAS SO EASY TO GET TOO.

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

No refrigerator or microwave in room. Worst part of the stay. Had to continuously purchase water daily.

No refrigerator or microwave in rooms. Big inconvenience.

• Luxury Room with King or Two Queen Beds

They told us they had a pool there but there was no pool we had to go over to the Palms and they charged for everything. 110 in Las Vegas and I would have not stayed at this hotel if thay told us they did not have a pool. Very disappointed

Casinos was good the food good

• Courtyard Room with King Bed or Two Double Beds

Pool was closed for the season.

We got in late and all the regular rooms were full, so they upgraded us to a king suite. Breakfast buffet was excellent. Great views from the 20th floor. Bell hop was prompt and friendly.

• Luxury Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was a very hot in are room. No swimming pool . not a place to go to have fun was low budget first and last time they should of had online there was no pool for the guest to take the kids to they wanted the money for the stay but to letting people no that's they didn't Have pool on site

Starbucks was good

• Courtyard Room with King Bed or Two Double Beds

Customer service at the front desk was very good. It is a good place to stay.. The room was clean at least the one I stayed in. Not too far from the strip.

• Courtyard Room with King Bed or Two Double Beds

The room was quiet, clean, and very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful through out the hotel and casino. Will return when I go back to Las Vegas.

• Courtyard King Room

Not enough breakfast specials would have liked a coffee maker in the room. I had starbucks coffee off property as my gold card does not recieve points used at your Starbucks. Ice machine hard to find and no ice when i did find it.

I liked the variety of places to eat.

• Courtyard Room with King Bed or Two Double Beds

If you going to using public transportation. think again. this hotel might be bad for travelers don't want to use rent car. They offer suttle to strip every hours, but it is not enough as you think. Also, Rooms are so old fashioned. A/C sound was to loud and too old.

Great Off strip location give you little advantage when you use uber or rent car. Just detour to Route 15 and it directly to heading hotel and it gives huge time save. Budget Buffet option and great restaurants inside casino. You can enjoy fantastic dishes in Oyster bar.

• Courtyard Room with King Bed or Two Double Beds

There is no coffee maker...we did not have our towels replaced or room service come after our first night and we had to call down to get clean towels that took along time and we had a concert to hurry to get to. Different staff give different advice. First we we're told they ran out of coffee makers and did not have enough to cover all rooms by the operator...then she put me through to the front desk to see if they had any there and he told me she was wrong and because of fire hazzards? they do not supply? then he told me later they just do not supply they have a coffee shop downstairs? Again he took our need for towels and said he would make a note that our room was not cleaned after our first night, then after our second night again it was not cleaned good as only one bed was made and all items put on the second unmade bed? Our dirty towels sat in the hall for a good 6 hours after they dropped off clean ones when they didn't clean our room. many many stains on the carpets in the halls that make it feel gross.

Most staff was nice

• Courtyard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I dislike how the front desk was not as helpful as I should expect when I first checked in. My first and last name were a mixed up and it was difficult to find my reservation . They were not able to correct my name on my reservation. 2Nd- the room that I was checked into was not in the hotel . I had to walk through the casino and out the back door into an ally and into a different part of the hotel. This particular part of the hotel looked like something I've seen in a movie more exactly like a cheap motel. There are two floors in that building. Note: There is no elevator in this part of motel, so if you have big and or lots of luggages, you're pretty much screwed because you would need to take the stairs. Now to the double queen bed room- when I first walked into the room, the room smelled like a bunch of things had happen in the room. It smelled like sweat, sex and mold in the room. I mean did they have a bunch of hookers in here?? The carpet smelled like urine and the worst thing about this room was I found a cockroach on my bed . Yes a cockroach . The last time I've seen anything like that was on tv and that's a documentary on unsanitary places. I'm already upset because what was portrayed here on booking.com Or the actually website of their rooms aren't true. They failed to mention that there's another part of the hotel and hence why it's cheap . The bed itself was insanely uncomfortable. You can feel the springs in the bed and you can hear it. They mind as well set that part of the hotel on fire. 😡

I like the fact that I do not have trouble getting and Uber or Lyft from the hotel to other destinations and restaurants. A couple of things that I do like about the hotel is the two restaurants that are located inside Palace Station. Oyster Bar is phenomenal and I rate that place beyond 10. Chinese restaurant is also extremely good.

• Courtyard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Couldn't find my room because one of the pools was closed and the door was locked to go out on the patio area. The ice makers were tapped out because of construction work going on outside the hotel.

• Courtyard King Room

The pool was dirty, and I didn't like that they gave me a room next to where they were doing construction .... that was very uncomfortable

The beds was really comfortable...

• Courtyard Room with King Bed or Two Double Beds

Wifi was very slow. Room Who is not smoking but I did smell smoke. I came in at 4:30 and there was still not a king size bed available so I took a room with two queens on the upside the wait staff of the restaurant was excellent and the front desk people were very helpful professional and friendly

• Courtyard Room with King Bed or Two Double Beds

going from casino to courtyard, area was filled with trash, items pulled out of rooms and thrown on the ground, foul smells.

stayed at the courtyard and it was very old, no elevator, pool area was very poor.

• Courtyard King Room

The room was dirty, carpets and drapes The bathroom was small and the fan was extremely noisy There was mold in the bathroom The room smelled some what like cigarettes A shelf protruded over the sink to prevent bending over it to wash face or brush teeth? There are much better hotels at the same price No information book in the room of what was available in the hotel or nearby as far as restaurants or eats.

• Courtyard Room with King Bed or Two Double Beds

Had to switch rooms and was given the run around about it, very frustrating when all you want to do is cool down and sleep

The sheets were clean and pillows were soft

• Courtyard King Room

The shower was too small, water not enough pressure, my room was too far from the main casino and lobby but nothing big just small details

The comfort of the bed, the pillows the winnings at the casino

• Courtyard Room with King Bed or Two Double Beds

This property has a major issue with locals trying to rob the hotel guests. I definitely won't be conning back there. No elevator in the courtyard rooms no warning during booking process.

• Courtyard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bed gave me sore back, too firm. No lift or elevators. Cig Smoke and marijuana down the hallways. Have to be $100 extra per booking. No kettle or fridge. No coffee. Kept getting lost down the halls needs better signage

Cheap, room quite nice. Quiet.

• Courtyard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Dirty room, poor AC, staff doesn't recognize service request sign, no room service from Oyster Bar, Oyster Bar used same utensils to clean clogged drain and stir food.

Close proximity to Oyster Bar

• Courtyard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The restroom we had in our room had a toilet that wouldn't flush properly! We would call room service and ask if they could fix it but they would tell us to wait, as all toilets are like that and will eventually flush. It was annoying.

The beds were comfortable, and the ac kept the room nice and fresh especially in 115 degree heat. There was a pool outside that was a fun hang out spot for hotel guest and my group and I had lots of fun!

• Courtyard Room with King Bed or Two Double Beds

Loved the room, but the design is a little dated..

My wife and I were very pleased and surprised when we arrived and the "Grand Suite" was reserved for us! We felt like superstars! I have never used booking.com before but this is my go to app for all my travels. Thank you booking .com and Palace Station! You have a couple of very happy customers ! Ohhh we loved the pillows!!!

Browse Palace Station Hotel & Casino traveller photo gallery