Reviews of Palm Beach Shores Resort 3 stars

181 Ocean Avenue, Palm Beach Shores, FL 33404, USA

#7 of 9 hotels in Palm Beach Shores

Wasn't bad but I see way more potential.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

The reception staff and the cleaning staff (exception of the manager of house keeping) should be friendlier and smile more at guests. They are main point of contact. Building absolutely needs some renovations. Paying daily parking is ridiculous. Should be included.

The pool and it's operational hours. The restaurant, tiki bar and it's servers work the best and smile the most! The rooms are big and lovely.

Great stay but the sales guy was too creepy for me to see now and then in the halls
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

Rick neighbors a sales representative trying to get me to buy a time share. Let’s admit I was a bit interested his selling points were good. What he did wrong was tell my 11 year old daughter that she was pretty but needed to lay off the biscuits and gravy! I was shocked that a grown man with supposedly has his life all together would insult an innocent child!

Activities for the kids were great ! My daughter had a good time

Would definitely visit this resort again.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

The check in and check out times. After beginning my travel day at 3:00 am to have to wait for a 4:00 pm checki in makes for a long, unenjoyable day.

Great resort! The property was very clean and well kept. The daily activities were spectacular and the staff that ran them were so friendly.

The staff was great!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

There were no trash cans. The view was the parking lot. The shower could use some bleach. The pillows were very uncomfortable as well as the pull out couch. The rooms could use a bit of an update.

The staff was great!

Stay for the location. That's about it.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

The restaurant is overpriced. The hideaway sofa bed is miserably uncomfortable. The bathroom is huge which is unhelpful and a waste of space. Smoking is permitted by the pool. You cannot put up your own umbrella and/or chair in front of the resort beach property. If you want to do that, you must walk farther down the beach and set up outside the property lines.

The resort is very close to the beach.

Close to everything everything under one roof
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

Bathroom exhaust fan didn’t function bedroom wall light was out. Bed was squeaky and too soft. Pillows were terrible.

Close to everything everything under one roof

• Accessible Superior King Suite

Horrible room If reserving be sure to ask about that Or u will get stuff in those slow end rooms Second time it’s happened to me Over a filthy dirty roof top to look at with garbage Loud music from another room Then next nite banging going on No sleep

Food and Lisa was an awesome bartender As always

Most relaxing and enjoyable vacation in a long time. And now we are owners there love it!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

The Internet connection there was not as good and consistent as it should be

Convenience of the pool tiki bar beach and surrounding items to walk to the restaurants

I enjoyed it and will be back.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

They only thing I don't care for is how the group for the time shares don't want to take no for an answer when you tell them you don't want to be contacted.

It has been 6 years since I was last there and it was just as nice this treat as my other trips there. The staff was very friendly and pleasant.

I would highly recommend it (WHAT A WONDERFUL PLACE TO STAY)!!!
    • Accessible Superior King Suite

I have absolutely no negative comments to make!!!!!!!

The room was absolutely beautiful and very clean (well stocked from dishes to dust pan)! The front desk staff was amazing (friendly and very accommodating)!!!!!! My room overlooked the pool and I watched them attend to it every morning!!

Great oceanfront resort.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

We had a room in front that overlooked the roof. It was probably the worst view in the whole resort. Also, we took the timeshare presentation and it was 3.5 hours and very hard sell (we didn't sign up though).

The pool was very nice. There were always a lot of people (adults and kids) but it never seemed overcrowded. The beach at the resort was great!

Hidden gem that i will return to as my local getaway
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

I didnt like being charged $10 for parking.

The room was like a small one bedrm apt.even the bathroom is bigger than most rooms. So amazing i didnt want to leave. The pool was big enough and deeper than most pools. Hot tub so relaxing at just the right temperature. The restaurant had a great band and when on break a DJ who got so many of us up dancing. Gave 2 free drinks to benused on check in. Short connecting bridge to the beautiful beach. I felt i was in a tropical paradise looking at the very well laud out landscaped patio. If you are there more than a night check out the daily activities offered. Even a sunset cruise!

Stayed a couple nights for beach access. It was okay.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

However, there did not seem to be any amenities that would make me want to stay again in the future. For example, not only do you have to pay extra to use the beach umbrellas, but you can’t even stay on the cleared part of the beach unless you do.

It was fine for a place to stay.

It was wonderful and relaxing.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

That our room overlooked palm trees, wanted to see the ocean when I woke up.

Everyone were helpful and friendly, food was excellent. You are right on the beach so it was perfect.

The beach there is awesome.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

We've got a nice ground floor room that was facing a pool generator that was very noisy during the day and prevented us from using a balcony. The view from the room was partly obscured by some facility adjacent to the generator. The carpets in the room need an update. Overall this room is not what I expexted from the hotel when I pay $1300 for 4 nights.

The beach there is awesome. The hotel itself is nice, the staff, the facilities and the rooms are ok, but I doubt if I would visit it again.

Great Location! Walking distance to many Shops and Restaurants. Many Amenities. Updates needed
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

We were informed of construction going on but was unaware of the fumes that would be involved due to paint and caulk. We requested a new room on day 1 which they were able to give us the next day. Unfortunately it was a downgrade. It was very old, faced an even older Motel and the parking lot. Not an island view. We had ants in the bathroom. I had been told we were being moved to a poolside view. When we walked in I immediately called and was told that going to a poolside room would have been an upgrade. That had not been relayed to me or I would have happily done so. I was not moving a third time. It was ok, we were not in the room much but those rooms should be cheaper and maybe the construction should have started on that side of the building and included the interior. The one thing that they should change is their cart policy. You are unable to get one unless you are checking in or moving and a Valet is always attached. We went to the grocery store and I guess since we were not using the Valet parking, we were not “eligible” for a cart to take the items to our room. I asked if he could get one for us and he said that he was “I am unable to do that” He did open the door for us though. It was ridiculous that we had to carry 8-10 heavy bags of groceries up to our room.

The Tiki, Beach and Pool areas are great. The location couldn’t be better. Restaurants and Shops within walking distance. Felt very safe doing so. Lots and Lots of amenities. Most of the staff was great.

Was a great stay with the family. Location was perfect and lots of activities for the kids.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

Prices at restaraunt were much higher than I expected. The room was dated, but this doesn’t bother us. I just expected it to be a little more updated with the prices in the restaraunt and paying $300 per night. Shelves were falling apart in bathroom, all tables were chipped etc.

Location was perfect, lots of activities for the kids and family.

Absolutely the best vacation ever!!!!!!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

It sells out very quickly if you don’t book in advance!!!

The restaurant at Palm Beach Shores is absolutely delicious the staff could not be more wonderful and the price is very very competitive. Absolutely absolutely love the facility we will be going back at least 2 to 3 times a year absolutely wonderful!!!!

Everything was great, the atmosphere was wonderful!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

Charging for beach chairs and umbrellas. Asking you to sign up for info on timeshare and then they didnt give you any extra time to get your things together to get out.

Everything was great, the atmosphere was wonderful!

It was everything I expected. I would have loved to stay a few more days for the right price in adva
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

It may have been the dates we went, but it felt more for older (senior) crowd, I almost felt that my kids were being too loud at the pool

The location and hotel overall. Our room view was beautiful!

Location is very good
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

Paid more than I should have. I didn't feel like I knew all of what the resort had to offer. Person at the check in was a fast talker, didn't really explain all of what we was saying. Was annoyed if we needed something repeated

Location is very good

Worst stay I have ever had.
    • Accessible Superior King Suite

Room is called ocean view, but is actually u-shaped and is only a side view. Also, because of the shape of the building our room never got direct sunlight. Only the other side. We were not informed that this was a time share and not a hotel, and we were drawn into, what we were told would be a short sales brief that we only got out of, after 2 and a half hours, because we had to get up to walk out of due to needing to get to a meeting. We were not told there was a charge for parking. Room had several issues and we only called about two. One, the safe didn't work and was fixed right away. The other was that the shower did not drain and we called before going out on our second day and that evening realized it was not fixed. Never got fixed and when we told them at check out we were told that we never called. Okay, that's a great excuse. Had to continuously put closet doors back on hinges. Bugs coming up through the bathroom sink and around bathroom area. Some of the staff seemed to act as though we were bothering them. The beach, that was reserved as private for the property, was littered with dried seaweed and garbage. I realized that a storm had come through and the water was so rough that swimming was not advised, and that I can understand and do not blame the hotel for. But, if you are still going to charge people to rent chairs at the beach you would think they would at least pickup the garbage that had been washed ashore. Instead, the garbage that was there the first day we got there was still there on the day we left. There is more, but I grow more and more angry as I write this and don't care to go on. I spent 30 years in the military and traveled around the world and this was the worst time I ever had, and I have been stuck in places during hurricanes. This was the worst value for my money and I will never go back there, even if it was free. Thanks for trying to ruin our vacation.

Restaurant was good. Some of the staff were very good.

Timeshare certainly meant for senior citizens!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

The bed was old & squeaked loudly if you even sat on it! Didn't know it was a timeshare & they were pushy! Rooms were dated. Parking was an additional $10/ day. Staff was NOT that friendly. "Activities" cost extra. Game room was a tiny room w/ a few old arcade games that cost additional money. The "live entertainment" in the restaurant was meant for seniors. It was basically a retirement timeshare. Anyone NOT renting chairs or cabanas were told to go to the perimeter of the beach boundaries. Walls were not well insulated & you could hear the people in the next room just speaking in a normal tone.

Proximity to the beach, valet parking employees were quick & friendly.

I want to go back!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

My toaster didn't work, but I didn't tell anyone, so they didn't know.

Perfect location on the beach, all facilities were clean and the service was great.

King Suite old style but still very nice
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

loud noice from air condition channel (when AC is switched off) Restaurant outside area ugly no ocean view from Tiki Bar and Restaurant Bar and Restaurant is closing at 10 p.m.

King Suite old style but still very nice

We liked the pool area, drinks, food and friendly service.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

The bed was very uncomfortable just like last year. We were told last year at the end of the visit we could have called for a "egg crate" for our bed. So this time we asked for one. We were brought a piece of foam to fit a twin size bed. We had a king size bed witch they could of noticed when they brought the twin size foam. It was yellowed and had chunks of foam out of it. It was disgusting. Needless to say we left a day early.

We liked the pool area, drinks, food and friendly service.

This place gets a 5 out of 10. Not 6.3
    • Accessible Superior King Suite

The place is nice but feels outdated. There are a lot of older retirees and more walkers then I expected. The food was ok but nothing that great for the price (recommend you eat at the close by restaurants). I had a problem with a food bill that was put on my room. This took a long time to rectify, and they made it seem as if it happens a lot. I’m 40 and would not return to the resort till I was over 65 if it’s still there.

The location is nice.

Said on booking.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

Said on booking.com that it was a special occasion and asked for something nice at this beautiful beachside property. Ended up in a 1st floor room with a view of a wall outside.

It’s pricy but a very lovely place with kind staff and great location!!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

The tub was great for kids but not a thrilling size for an adult, especially considering the bathroom was HUGE, plenary of room for a soaker! Also the gift shop could be much bigger. Husbands like to shop for wives after a couple drinks. But I didn’t have much to choose from. 😬

The room was perfect, pool & hot tub were nice and proximity to the beach was great. I also like the smaller size resorts; not a fan of the big huge eye-sore buildings with too many people. This is a great size.

Very enjoyable
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

Some of the other guests were less than diserable, which was surprising for the quality of this hotel. Example: rode in elevator with an obviously drunk shirtless man with tattooes & nipple piercings. Female companion was even less tolerable.

Everything was perfect, which is hard to achieve. We travel frequently and are very discerning. Very well done hotel

Started good..Then forced out before check out
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

Staff/Security banging door to door screaming checkout at 9:50 am... Entered my room at 9:50 a.m. when we had a 11 a.m. check out while we were in bed. At 10:50 coming face to face with security coming back into the room illegally shouting like s prison guard " it's check out time". Shocked that I see this person, as nd now was sure sm1 came into the room for a 2nd time. Angrily said "we have an 11 am checkout!" She then replies "you have 5 minutes" instead of apologizing! I complained to Mgt, with only an " I'm sorry, we are aware of the problem." What! We could have been indisposed when the were coming in and out! I was on a stay -cay living 5 minutes away. Just wanted us to get away for a day together and was eventually ruined.We didn't stay for breakfast. Not many things to do on the island or resort for the price. Restaurant \ drinks closed at 11. Was looking for a full experience other than being treated like a prisoner.

Good vibes. Weddings everywhere. Tiki bar. Pool was nice and clean.

Resort was simply a hidden treasure! We just loved it! We'll be back for sure!!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

Check in after 4pm and check out at 10am!

We felt this resort was a great find! Everyone and everything was enjoyable! Staff was always polite and helpful. We plan on going back to this resort for sure!!!! Loved it!!!!

Additional fees for parking;
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

Additional fees for parking; need to rent a beach umbrella if u want to be on the property; room safe didn't always work; website said Oceanview rooms were available but unable to book one.

Loved It!!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

AC in the bedroom was adequate but could have been better.

Fantastic location. We were leaving on a cruise the next day and could see the ship from our balcony. There are two restaurants, shops, a 7-11 and a bagel place right in front of the place. The pool area was very nice and the beach is just behind the pool and has everything you want as well as being somewhat private with tons of shells. The unit was very large with a small full kitchen. The bedroom was separate and had a very comfortable bed with plenty of pillows. The bathroom was huge with separate tub and shower and two doors which would be ideal for a family with kids. With a cot or air mattress you can easily fit four in the living room. Two large flat screens and DVD player. This is basically an apartment. It's in a great location with plenty of room and plenty to do. We're already planning to come back next year with our older children.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Reiview
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

Nothing. We really enjoyed ourselves.

We really enjoyed the resort! Our room was nice and clean. The pool area was nicely landscaped and. A lot of fun and the staff was excellent. And of course the location, right on the beach was perfect. The resort was a perfect size too. It' is not so big that you spend all of your time in an elevator trying to get to the beach. We could get from Our room to the ocean water in less than five minutes.

Very pleased with my overall stay!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

All staff members were very friendly and made sure that my friends and I were very comfortable during our entire stay. The food and drinks were amazing and our suite was very nice for the price.

The tiki hut was great Joseph is a great bartenders also...
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

I left my pants there and I did not like that I had to pay to send them back I was only a small thing I felt they should have just mailed it to me

The tiki hut was great Joseph is a great bartenders also Marco in the restaurant is the best loved my meal

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Food on site,beach,pool,people that worked there.
    • Accessible Superior King Suite

There was not anything that we did not dislike except pressure to buy in.

Food on site,beach,pool,people that worked there. Cleaning people and desk workers.

Not what it promotes itself to be.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

The furniture in the room was very old furniture on sofa was so old you could feel the stickiness and dirt in it old bed blankets and pillows decorative pillows looks very dirty sofa bed was very uncomfortable room smells like Industrial Hospital cleaning maid service was very slow and even when they came it was always halfway done. Most of hotel staff was somewhat Pleasant others were very dry. very little feeling of welcoming from most of the staff. Very outdated rooms furniture. Your ratings for a much higher on venues we looked at before booking but very disappointed at what we experience in Saw. Who was always very very crowded as I realize it was a holiday time but it was much too small for the number of people that were at the hotel. We never set by the pool always went to the beach would have liked to had a section more for younger kids versus older adults everything was just crowded together. Carpet in hallways and rooms look dirty and unkempt and the elevator always had a smell. Overall I would not return to the hotel unless major updates or made and I would not recommend it

Large floor plan close to beach

Beautiful Beach Vacation Location
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

We had a couple of minor issues - lightbulb replacement, toaster that didn't work - that took a couple of days to get addressed.

This is an Embassy Suites that has been converted to condos so the rooms have a kitchen and small eating area which is nice. The pool and beach were wonderful. Location was great - can walk to at least 5-6 decent restaurants.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Kids loved it
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

I was the only person that was asked to show ID when buying a drink. There was no coffee put in my room any time they cleaned and we stayed for a week. I had to find a maid in the hall way every morning for coffee.

My husband enjoyed the pizza and chicken fingers. The beach was very close to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Great location and lots of amenities
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

No complementary coffee in lobby or restaurant. Slow service in restaurants and bad bed mattress.

Location is amazing! Beautiful pool and easy beach access. Was surprised they don't rake the seaweed up each morning on the beach though. Room was an end unit and huge! Request hi floor so view is better. We had island but on 6th floor so was good. The king bed was lumpy. Needs a better matters. Also no complimentary coffee on the property-only what you make in your room. For price of $300/night these are details that should be improved. Staff was great. Service in restaurant is very slow but the food is good. Great entertainment daily by pool and at night in restaurant. We had a great trip!

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Not as depicted
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

There was not shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc available for the guest. I had to call THREE times to get them to deliver it and when they did it was just shampoo. I understand this is a time share but the beds were not as described on the site either. We were given two drink tickets with no information other than you can get them in the bar. Turns out, it is only the day of check in at the inside bar. Would have been nice to know. The beds were horribly uncomfortable and the furnishings were outdated.

I liked the gorgeous view from the balcony.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Once is enough
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

Did not know this was a time share resort when we hooked. We were bombarded from the time we arrived with time share pitch invitations. Bedding was very uncomfortable (rough sheets, lumpy small bed pillows) and towels were also rough and very small.

Close to the beach. Staff at Tiki bar were friendly as were staff on beach.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

We will be back!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

They do charge to use the beach chairs and pretty much anything else but the room rate was low so it made up for it I guess.

Great location, lots to do and great atmosphere. Rooms had everything we need and very spacious. Perfect get away and fun for a couple or a family.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

The facility is good and on good conditions
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

The Front Desk people were no friendly and they punished me to wait around 6 hours to get my "reserved" room

The facility is good and on good conditions

Out of one to 10 point been excellent. I rate it a ten!!!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

Rooms,ticki bar ,food,music and beach!!!

Beautiful resort very well managed. Great overall service!!!!

Location is very nice.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

Location is very nice. Room is very big and bathroom is enormous. Nice swimming pool. Hotel is right on a beach.

A great place to stay

Bathroom needs an update

Restaurant was amazing. Friendliest staff ever

• King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

More chairs on the pool Less expensive the food/drinks at the pool bar

The pool bar, staff and food.

room maids were awesome!

gym should open at 6am

room maids were awesome!!!!

Fair for the price

Not friendly nor informed

Fire the rude reception people.. I am the customer and NOT them..

Beach accessibility.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

Beach accessibility. Staff knowledge of the area and recommendations.

Need more chairs at the pool

Need more chairs at the pool

Excellent location

Parking fee

Excellent location

• King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

Avoid time share staff and $10 parking fee.

Beach access, hot tub, pool, tiki bar

Rooms were very clean, loved being on the beach
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

A kind of private or secluded area near pool for adults omly

The location & cleanliness

An outdated resort, but good location and every staff member was awesome.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

The temp got down to 50 degrees one night and my friend and I shivered in our beds with the inadequate blankets and lack of heat in the rooms.

disappointed. . ... . . ..

no view

not much

Comfortable
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

Public relations trying to push the time share.

Good location to journey out from.

Good
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

Cheap toilet paper and Kleenex; that we were not aware this was a timeshare,

Location, size of hotel, nice room

Won’t be returning

Parking very poor

Parking a big problem ,property needs upgrading

Not relaxing
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

Overcrowded and noisy. Staff unhelpful.

Beach location

Held my Daughter sweet 16 party @ Resort. I
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

The house keeping staff were a bit rude & pushy. Waited for bellmen to show up with luggage rack for over 30 min.

Staff was great, accommodations were lovely.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

Wasn’t the best part of town to drive thru getting to the resort.

Staff was great, accommodations were lovely.

Disappointing.Place needs major updating

Everything else

Beach

Everything was great

Everything was great

We all had a great time
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

Very clean, great staff beautiful beachfront location

Nice pool and Tiki bar, the service was slow and not pleasant
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

The room was dated and worn. The floor and bed were noisy. The view was terrible.

Good

Reasonanly priced

Food

Jack hammering at 9am next door.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Island View

Jack hammering at 9am next door.

in spite of the forecast, we had sunny days, and all went well

no visitor parking

easy access to the pool area and to the beach from our room