Reviews of Holiday Inn Express Daytona Beach Shores 3 stars

3301 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118, USA

#9 of 82 hotels in Daytona Beach

• Executive King Room with Ocean View - Non-Smoking

Parking should be included with price of room we paid 449.00 plus an extra 20 dollars for parking...

Customer service lady was very pleasant.There was a humongous Roach that was in my room but I called th front desk and the guy immediately informed me that they would come and spray the room.After that we saw nothing else!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

The open areas upstairs by the rooms when it rains it's wet and messy. Paying for parking that still says park at your own risk.

The staff was friendly and very courteous , geat breakfast, clean comfortable rooms, and the views were gorgeous I wish we'd stayed longer

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

I wish that the breakfast would have been different, every morning they served the same thing over and over again. They did have a big selection to choose from, but it was always the same items.

The beds were super comfy! The staff was very friendly, we ended up getting there a little before check in time (3PM) and they had the room ready and let us check in early since we just drove 14 hours. Every room is a beach front view wish was awesome.

• Standard Room with Ocean Front View - Non-Smoking

The elevators were slow so the wait was a bit longer than it should have been for a hotel that size.

The bed was very comfortable and it was so nice to sleep with the balcony door open. The ocean sounds and cool night breeze were very relaxing.

• Executive King Room with Ocean View - Non-Smoking

The only thing I did not like about my stay was that our room was a corner room that was right next to the maintenance room and the house keeping room. You could always hear them in there since it shared a wall.

I am a wicked hotel snob when it comes to white sheets and cleanliness and sometimes hotels will post pictures that are not acccurate, but for this hotel it is not the case. I love that every room in this hotel has an oceanfront view with a balcony. This was our second stay at this location and we would definitely stay a third time.

• Standard Room with Ocean Front View - Non-Smoking

Charge before u get to property in 5/17 instead on when I get to property on 5/18 as agreed on line when I hold property. It messed up my account because I believed you and had a different kind of payment ready for check in . Also didn’t like I had to pay parking the two nights was so much should cover parking .

room and balcony ocean front

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

The view when you walk into the hotel lobby the view of the ocean is breathtaking The view from our room was as well. It was clean and the beds were very comfortable. We will stay there again.

• Premium King Room with Ocean Front View - Non-Smoking

The breakfast bar was great and there was always hot coffee no matter what time it was a there was a little guy that clean the windows a dozen times a day and he was so nicer

• Grand King Room with Ocean View - Non-Smoking

The hotel charged me for 20 dollars twice without even warning me. They said that this is in case I will purchase any films. After the check out, they charged me again. At the end, I have my money blocked for the stay, additional money blocked. And they charged me 256 more. I am shocked

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

Did not like breakfast and one of the desk clerks tried her best to ruin our time. I don't need to listen to preaching of Christian values. Also there was no safe in the room. When you open the door the wind would catch it the bathroom door and it would pull all the way open so you couldn't open the front door. I see they had a doorstop but the doorstop apparently it sometime in the past had broken the door at the bottom.

The bed was nice and the room was comfortable. Breakfast was horrible. Rubber

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

Housekeeping and being told one thing and it's never done. Front desk supervisor not helpful.

Breakfast. Our room was cleaned only 1 day out of 4. All the was done were the beds were made after we waited and begged for two days. Left no shampoo or soap in room. Guess the little bottles were supposed to last for bites!! Roaches in outside hallway. Wasn't happy about housekeeping at all. Couldn't get microwave to work called front desk and were told someone would be right up. Over an hour later we had to get in the car and go out to eat.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

Our A/C was a little loud, we compensated for this by turning to a lower degree and just turning it off when we went to bed, it stayed cool all night.

The beds sleep very well, rooms are directly in front of beach and balconies are nice. We opened our sliding glass door almost whole stay to hear the surf, breakfast is awesome, even have sausage gravy! Plenty of towels and pillows galore. This was our second stay at the facility and we are going to make it a yearly here.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

Maid loudly knocking door in the morning & tried to open door. Even though had a do not disturb sign on and arranged late check out with the front desk.

Excellent location and great staff

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

I was very disappointed in the hotel we spent more time waiting on the elevator then we did at the hotel we asked to get an adjustment on the room and was clearly told that they would not. Breakfast was terrible there were no eggs out until after 15 minutes of us waiting no plates and was told to get into the cabinets to get them out Unless I don’t get an adjustment in the rate I paid I will not return here and I come down wvery year for spring break. I hope to hear from you Thanks. Barb Hoggard. Jerry webb

• Executive King Room with Ocean View - Non-Smoking

The one elevator did not work the whole time we were there. Waited up to 20 min. Not enough staff for breakfast time. Easter weekend. Very busy. Charge 9.00 +tax a day for parking. We were never told as we made the reservation before the fee was put in place.

The staff was accomadating. Rooms were well cleaned and ours was spacious.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

Could check in until after 3 so had find something to do all day. Didn’t offer use amenities until check in.

Great location on the beach, friendly staff.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

Only one elevator worked. Drawer in dresser was broken. Was charged more for parking. Like 20?a day on top of the booking price.

The view was incredible.

• Executive King Room with Ocean View - Non-Smoking

THE ROOM WAS EXCELLENT AND THE WHOLE TEAM OF EMPLOYEES WERE VERY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL LIKED THAT THE ROOM HAD A BALCONY OVERLOOKING THE OCEAN AND POOL....BREAKFAST WAS VERY GOOD FOR A HOTEL... LOVED THE BISCUITS AND GRAVY

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

No bath towels to start in room. Toilet did not take tissue down. Was lead to believe upon booking that could request a higher floor...disappointed with 2nd.

Oceanfront....friendly.....great response time for toilet not flushing! He bought the bath towels when he came!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

View blocked by construction equipment. And the sound of cable's slapping against guard rail all night on both sides of room. Also requsted upper floor got 3 floor so noisy hard to sleep.

Clean . for a cheap room

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

The view from the room was great!! The pool was nice and warm,for a cold night swim. The rooms were very clean , beds comfortable, and the staff was extremely friendly. Will be our go to Daytona hotel from now on.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

Booked wrong day thru booking.com. I got the runaround from both booking.com (no phone contact!!) and the hotel about switching the day, had to pay for the extra day when booking.com site said we had 24 hours to cancel. Very disappointing. Also vending machine (1 only in the basement) was empty and stayed empty. Staff said to walk 10 minutes down the street for bottled water! This was at midnight!

Clean facility, comfortable, location at beach.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

Housekeeping could have been better but not really complaining

Hotel was right on the beach, breakfast was very good Mila was exceptional kept replenishing food all the time, also the receptionist was very welcoming and helpful beds were very comfortable

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

No mirror in room, except in bathroom. Hotel could use a Jacuzzi for when beach is too cool or windy Vortex in room needs to be explained. The door caught us a few times lol. Housekeeping is intrusive. They knock on you door and then burst into your room.

Staff was great! Julie, James, and Tina we're awesome and very accommodating. Give Julie a raise we love her! Breakfast is great View is awesome and all rooms are Oceanview with full private balcony Very clean and impressive rooms. Newly renovated!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

Only one ice machine and the first floor only. Could clean the beach area right by the stairs leading to beach.

The breakfast was excellent, especially the warm cinnamon buns, good coffee. Nice variety

See above evaluation.

Location on the beach with nice balcony was very good. My wife is handicapped and the high door jam entry into the room made it very difficult to enter the door from the hall, she almost turned over, so she had to be helped into the room and the empty scooter brought in separately. The king sized bed was too high for my wife to sleep in the bed so she went to the pull out couch. The air conditioning unit however blew cold air periodically all night long even though we reset the thermostat at 78 degrees. I had brought a portable hand rail and raised platform for the bed but it still was too high for her to get in and out of the bed. In spite of all this the staff was very friendly and tried to help out as much as they could. My wife cut her leg on the pull out bed frame causing her leg to bleed heavily. The manager, Tina and her assistant, shared bandages and antibiotic ointment to stop the bleeding until I could get more supply to cover the wound better. All the staff ( kitchen, maintenance and cleaning staff - Lisa and Natali) were friendly and helpful. Several times when I my wife and I had questions Tina and her assistant helped us get answers or directions that we needed. Unfortunately because of the problems that we had with the handicap accessibility of the bedroom we will not be coming back but I attempted to give a fair evaluation of the overall facility.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

The breakfast wasn't good, small selection cold food. Not enough parking spaces for cars and my truck almost got hit twice. Our room floor carpet was sticky to walk on.

The beds are comfortable and staff was amazing.

• Executive King Suite with Ocean View - Non-Smoking

At times it got busy and we had to wait for housekeeping and go get towels.

We looked forward to the complimentary hot breakfast every morning with the oceanfront view! The view was great!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

There was a lack of customer service from some of the staff members. The breakfast was mediocre and the breakfast area was too small to accommodate the morning traffic. The lobby area and room itself looked larger on the website than in person. The property states they are 100% smoke free. However, there were people smoking by the pool area, balconies, and right outside the entrance of the hotel. We were disappointed that the staff did not enforce the no smoking policy.

The view from the room and lobby were beautiful. The bed was very comfortable.

• King Room - Oceanfront - Non-Smoking

Did not get the he type of room we had booked even though we were there at 2:45pm. Front desk blamed Booking.com. Even though my printed confirmation showed what type of room we had booked, they insisted Booking.com computer showed a different room. They also indicated we could have booked the room $40 cheaper by not using Booking.com. Bathroom was dirty. Other guests were quite noisy.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

Microwave and Keurig were temperamental and worked with some fanegallin.

Great location on the strip and to the beach. The staff were pleasant. Bed was comfortable and view was amazing.

• King Room - Oceanfront - Non-Smoking

I didn't like how our ceiling paint was peeling and chipping

I loved the easy access to the beach and I loved that our balcony was over looking the water. The room and bathroom were both very clean. The king size bed was wicked comfortable!

• King Room - Oceanfront - Non-Smoking

Breakfast room was a bit crowded.

Million dollar view. Front desk staff were great. Breakfast was awesome, bed was SO comfy & room exceptionally clean. Will def book there again!

• King Room - Oceanfront - Non-Smoking

The pool was never cleaned during my stay. Breakfast didn't have much variety. Eggs over cooked, sausage under cooked.

Right on the ocean, staff was very friendly and polite

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

Breakfast not as good as advertised. Only ate breakfast at hotel once during the stay.

Room was located on 10th floor..very nice view of ocean and sunrise.

• Executive King Suite with Ocean View - Non-Smoking

No luggage cart available and staff was no help getting one.no towels or wash clothes in bathroom. Took 3 hours to get them.king suite I was very disappointed.

Location,bed was great

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

The beds were our favorite part :) it was amazing, the staff was extremely helpful an nice, the rooms were well taking care of! All around a perfect stay!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

No space in breakfast room. Tiled floors in corridors look like outside.

Nice location. Ocean view from all the rooms in the hotel. Rooms are big. Beach is just out of door. Pool is nice and almost at the beach. Breakfast is ok. Location is close to all town atractions.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

Nicest hotel we have ever stated at. Price,location,staff and cleanliness were all superb. Every room was ocean front with a balcony. We will definitely stay here again.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

I had blood stains on my bedsheets and the cleaning personnel never changed the sheets and remade the beds with same sheets. I told the desk staff and they told me someone would be up to change the sheets and they never showed up and that staff left to go home. It was eight hours later that it was finally changed. The next day the housekeeping never changed my bedsheets after I returned st 3 pm from beach to find no clean towels unmade bed. Again I had to complain and they finally changed my sheets at 600pm. I left my room because they said someone would be up to change but I wasn't sure if they were gonna show up at all . Nothing to drink st the hotel so u better have two dollars for pop machine

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

There are no restaurants within walking distance (1/3 mile) of the hotel. Several within a two to three mile drive. The hotel could use a restaurant/bar. Housekeeping did not service the room on Saturday and not until after 6 PM on Sunday.

Directly on the beach. All rooms were beachfront. Included breakfast was satisfactory. I, personally, have never seen a pancake dispenser before. ;) Free/on site parking at a good beachfront hotel in Florida is a real plus. Staff was very friendly and professional. Room was quiet.

• Executive King Suite with Ocean View - Non-Smoking

Check in was hectic, I got stuck in a elevator twice that was not working properly, the closet doors were warped, my key didn't work on the 2nd day of my stay and I had to make three trips to get the problem resolved, the entrance light inside the room had a short and would constantly go on and off, stairway was dirty with the same trash for three days

Staff was very friendly & helpful.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

The parking lot was very small, and there was times where I had to park in a No Parking spot. The room didn't have any extra mirrors, just the one in the bathroom. Could put a full body mirror in the room. The fridge in our room barley worked, took all day to cool down our drinks. Balcony could've used a little table.

Breakfast is always a plus. Balcony to look over the beach is really nice. Room was great.

• King Room - Oceanfront - Non-Smoking

The elevators were a little hot, but hey that wasn't so bad!

The staff was amazing and were very helpful when we asked for things we needed! Great place to stay!!

• King Room - Oceanfront - Non-Smoking

pancake machine wasn't working only a couple of restaurants within walking distance but others not far by car.

nice breakfast--had pre-made veggie or cheese omelettes; Nice large bedoom with great view of beach and ocean

• King Room - Oceanfront - Non-Smoking

Small fridge in room. Booked a few days for anniversary however there was an event for teens going on this week..Doors slamming consistantingly 24 hours running in the halls and taking over the pool loudly. I will ask about events before I book here again,

All rooms are oceanfront full breakfast included..room was very clean

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

When we arrived, the hotel informed me the corporation changed their early check in policy in 2017. They advised the company would now charge an additional $25 to check in early. I expressed my concerns to the manager who was very professional. While this is not the individual hotels fault, the company needs to advise customers of additional fees prior to booking their stay.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

Pool was cloudy, bathtub drained very slow, had to ask for facial towels. No bar for getting drinks on premise.

Room was clean and well equiped, bed was very comfortable.

• Executive King Suite with Ocean View - Non-Smoking

Air con in room was bit noisy Multiple "maintenance & housekeeping" niggles - many (what looked like) rust stains/ marks on floors, squashed dead fly in curtain, balcony curtains half hanging off rails(reported on day arrived & not fixed during my stay even though H/K had gone in room during stay), bits of ceiling starting to hang off, big chips of plaster missing behind things attached to wall (e.g, in bathroom), floor could have been cleaner on arrival - hairs on floor, prior to arrival had been advised by hotel that rooms had fridge with freezer compartment in - my room was fridge only - no freezer bit (so couldn't re-freeze the ice packs for my cool box), Not much near the hotel with regards to eating or going out for a drink

Location of hotel - walk out & you are on the beach! Bed was very comfy (& bedding was very clean)! No problems with parking - plenty of spaces when I was there Hotel was nice & quiet during my stay Great view from room Staff I encountered were polite & friendly

• King Room - Oceanfront - Non-Smoking

Fridge was set too cold and drinks froze in there. balcony was great with two chairs but maybe should of had a small table out there too.

the room was very comfortable and very clean.

• Executive King Suite with Ocean View - Non-Smoking

There was only one elevator working and that was a nightmare. Two days later they did get the elevator fix and from then on the property was amazing.

Location. Location. Location.

• King Room - Oceanfront - Non-Smoking

Check in was at 3, we got a room that was finally ready at 4:45. We asked for a king bed on a high floor. We deliberately got there later so we wouldn't have to wait on a room so that was a litttle dissapointing. When we got our room serviced, everything was extremely clean except for the bed linens. There was random hairs on it everywhere and what looked like crumbs of some kind. We asked they be changed again to just find less hairs than before so we just used the clean top sheet to sleep on. Didn't feel like taking time from my vacation to get linens changed yet again.

Breakfast was great. Staff surprised us with a gift card along with champagne and glasses for our 9 year anniversary. Staff was very friendly and courteous. Room was very quiet even though there was a loud party going on next door and in the pool area.

• King Room - Oceanfront - Non-Smoking

When I arrived, there was almost no parking available. The lot is way too small for the place. And it does not seem that they monitor it very well. I am handicapped and parked in one of the only four spaces one night, only to find the next morning that an suv and squeezed in between my car and the one next and I could not even open the door on my car to get in. They did nothing about this. Parking remained a challenge throughout our stay. At the desk to check in, the very nice young lady was overwhelmed. Paperwork was in piles, the phones ringing off the hook and she admitted that people were being placed on hold until they hung up because she could not get to them. This staff shortage was endemic in this hotel as we later found. After a very long wait to check in, due to constant interruptions of this one young lady, we walked over to the elevator to go up. Now we see the first issue. Only one functioning elevator. Throughout our visit there were constant issues with the elevators. Long waits were the norm. Then my “upgraded” room was disappointingly sparse. A king bed, a desk and chair and a single chair with ottoman and an extremely small three drawer dresser. And once on the balcony two chairs and no table. At the price I paid, very sparse indeed! There were only four pillows for the bed and I asked for a couple of additional ones, they never seemed to find the time to get those to me. The light in the entrance would flicker out and then back on. I reported it to the desk twice and to one of the maintenance guys personally. Throughout our stay, it was never replaced. It is doubtless, flickering still! Then, there was no hot water for two nights running. The housekeeping was also short staffed it seems. They were all extremely wonderful and nice, but not enough of them to get the job done. We had been out all day since breakfast and returned at 5:30 one evening, no one had been able to get to our room.

This is a difficult review to write. Because there are many things to genuinely like about this place. The bad thing is there are many things to not like as well. So first the good. It is right on the beach and the view is amazing. Wonderful sunrises and really something all day long to enjoy into the night, the fishing boats and the sound of the waves crashing. Very nice indeed.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

One of my rooms wasn't ready at the time we arrived. On the other room the balcony wasn't clean and I found a big insect on my bed

Breakfast was excellent and my family 💘 the swimming pool and the beach. The access to restaurants around the hotel was great.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

One side of the elevator was broken so there was only one side running for the first day and a half of our stay. We, also, had no hot water for a day (which was quickly resolved the next morning). The air conditioning was broken in the lobby/breakfast area and had been for 2 days as we were checking out and it was brutally hot in there. I felt really bad for the staff as I was checking out because it was almost unbearable and she didn't even have a fan.

The staff, from the moment we walked in, was super friendly! The breakfast was really good and we enjoyed it each morning. The pool area was well kept and clean with plenty of space. You could walk straight out to the beach.

• Executive King Room with Ocean View - Non-Smoking

Bed was a bit hard honestly the mattress I expected to be nicer specially for a king suite and no walk in shower? In the pictures it showed a walk in shower I was a bit disappointed at that for sure

The location was great, the view was great and the beach was great!

• Executive King Suite with Ocean View - Non-Smoking

The breakfast bar said it had "egg white and veggie omelets." They didnt. The omelets contained ham and egg yolks. We asked the staff. They said "maybe tomorrow we'll have the egg white omelets." They never did, and they didn't change the sign. Housekeeping never cleaned our room. They said they were full because it was a holiday weekend and they were really busy. They never came. The location was great. Everything else was terrible. We booked with a major chain because we were worried about the service and cleanliness at a non-chain. We were very disappointed.

• Executive King Room with Ocean View - Non-Smoking

The bed and linens made a wonderfully comfortable nights sleep. Great free breakfast buffet. Redo after the hurricane has made this better than ever. Great views from private balconies.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

Loved the location and the staff was supper nice and accommodating.. one thing was no mirror in the room. That was inconvient when there are two people. Other than that excellent

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• King Room - Oceanfront - Non-Smoking

Nothing comes to mind. Even the free continental breakfast was above average.

The property, the staff, the beaches, the convenience of several dining options within short walking distance, the cleanliness of the rooms were all excellent. Will definitely look to stay here, and for a longer stay, again.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• King Room - Oceanfront - Non-Smoking

Mosquitos - inside and outside on balcony. We were on the 9th floor and it was very breezy. We were surprised that the mosquitos were so active both that high up and with the wind.

Pleasant

• King Room - Oceanfront - Non-Smoking

We did have to wait for replenishing the eggs, biscuits and gravy at breakfast. You may want to consider redesigning the kitchen area as they didn't seem to have enough rewarming facilities for these items. Otherwise everything was absolutely wonderful!

Your front desk staff were particularly helpful. I dealt with Tina mostly and she is a delightful. A real asset to your hotel.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

The only glitch I noted was the wifi wasn't accessible at the pool - but not a big deal and had no impact on my stay

Very comfortable bed, good breakfast options, cleanliness, friendly helpful staff, nice pool area

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

Only one hiccup. Our shower handle was broken but the maintenance man was right there and fixed it quickly.

Very pretty lobby, great Venus, friendly staff, comfortable beds.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

The check-out employee was horrible. Not professional - kept voicing his negative opinions of guests - threatening to charge a guest an extra $25 because they left the room 5 minutes later - 5 minutes? Come one??!! Yeah - he was a total turn off - took the relaxing edge that we experienced at the hotel right off! I wish I knew his name to tell you exactly who it was but this was the afternoon on the 29th.

Breakfast was very good. The afternnon staff (7/28/17) was great her name was Tina

• King Room - Oceanfront - Non-Smoking

I booked a king suite but once I arrived it was a double bed suite. They told me that's how it came to their system.....I didn't get what I asked for

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

I loved Everything about the hotel from the cleanliness to the friendly and helpful stay to the great view of the beach. Would definitely stay here again.

• King Room - Oceanfront - Non-Smoking

The hotel over booked their hotel. I did not get the room I paid For I'm truly disappointed and will never stay there again. The staff was horrible multiple problems with the room and even booked our room to someone else at 1030 at night. Woke up to someone trying to get into the room. Horriable experience. And I did not get what I paid for! This doesnt even deserve a rating.

Pillows were nice

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• King Room - Oceanfront - Non-Smoking

the wind noise from under the door to our room.

the young lady at the desk is so friendly and helpful. she helped me each day to get on Wi-Fi so I could get my e-mails. I am sorry I don't know her name, but, she is great. we like everything about this hotel and always look forward to our stay there.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Needs a heated pool.

Great location, our room had an awesome view of the ocean. Newly remodeled rooms were clean and nicely decorated. Staff was friendly and the breakfast was delicious!

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• King Room - Oceanfront - Non-Smoking

There was a large reading lamp on wall but no cozy chair or love seat tot sit on.

The bed was comfortable. The decorating was very tastefully done. The breakfast was very nice for quick service.

• King Room - Oceanfront - Non-Smoking

The breezeway leading to room could be a little cleaner. One of The elevators was out of order the whole time we were there.

The location was Right on the beach. The room was very nice and comfortable. Especially the bed. The room was very clean.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Oceanfront- Non-Smoking

Ocean was 65 degrees, so was expecting pool to be heated, which it wasn't. There wasn't enough Free breakfast food to feed all the guests. We had a maintenance man open our room door by mistake. We kept the deadbolt locked from then on. Housekeeping only changes your towels and empties your trash. I was expecting them to sweep and clean the toilet. We was locked out of our room a day early, and passcode for the internet was changed 3 hours before check out. Very Frustrating! A vending snack machine and a restaurant/bar in hotel would of been nice!

Tina, front desk, was pleasant. Comfy beds. Lady preparing breakfast, busted her butt, but couldn't keep up. She could of used some help.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• King Room - Oceanfront - Non-Smoking

The patio was a little too small but not a big deal. The coffee provided in the room was not very good. Other than that everything was great!

The breakfast buffet was amazing! Staff was excellent! Hotel was amazing! I will definitely be returning to this hotel in the future!

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Executive King Room with Ocean View - Non-Smoking

The only downside was the luggage carts were in bad shape and hard to maneuver.

I absolutely loved the Executive King room. The bed was spectacular and the firm pillows were to die for!!!! The room was very large and I loved the fact we had a corner room with spectacular views of the ocean.I will most definitely be staying here again next month and future trips I have planned.

Browse Holiday Inn Express Daytona Beach Shores traveller photo gallery