Reviews of Paradise Point Resort & Spa 4 stars

1404 Vacation Road, Mission Bay, San Diego, CA 92109, USA

#170 of 226 hotels in San Diego

• Lanai King Room with Garden View

Wifi could have been a little better, but it was okay in the room. Wish we had on demand movies!

The bed was very comfortable. The whole campus is lovely and there was so much to do- we did not have to leave if we didn't want to. The food was wonderful- we had the Chef's Choice menu and Tidal and he brought out every course and discussed it with us- a lovely experience. We will definitely be back!

• Lanai Garden Premium Two Queens

1) Hire housekeeping staff that speak English. Look, clearly not everyone will communicate clearly, but they should at the very least speak the official language, even just a bit. 2) Have your staff complete a golf cart drivers test. Its ridiculous that your cleaning staff do not know how to park let alone drive those golf carts, especially while your guests vehicles (some expensive) are parked in the same lot. They block the route with their cars and when you look for them the are nowhere to be found, but when they are they cant speak English. Ridiculous. I come to vacation, not to stress. 3) Retrain your staff on how to mop a floor. Upon arrival, we entered our room and with minutes, my white socks were black. We asked housekeeping to come in and mop the floors again while we were gone, yet when we returned, our socks and feet were black. We found a nearby supervisor and requested that they have the floor mopped again, and it was after two more attempts (totalling 4) that they managed to properly clean the floor. Why cant this be done right the first time? My 6 year old can nop a floor. 4) Exterior doors do not seal properly, thus leaving a gap for a draft to enter the room and noise. How can you charge those prices when you don't even maintain your facilities. Really? San Diego is hardly the 3rd workd. 5) The rooms have paper-thin walls. On numerous occasions we could hear folks in the room next door watching TV and having conversations. I understand there is no carpet, hence it echoes but here's a solution: insulate the walls or replace them with Quietrock Drywall which most hotels do. Why is this even an issue in 2018. 6) Lastky the fees for facility access is over the top. Again, I understand this is a business and not a charity, however, why not present these fees at the beginning?

The location was great. The garden was beautiful as was the lagoon and pool. Stsff was friendly I guess. You really need to address your ops and guest experience though. You also should take a closer look at the finer details from a facilities standpoint (I.e. door desks and sound absorption). Its these small things that equate to higher, consistent, occupancy higher f&b revenue and better reviews.

• Bayside Junior Suite

Only complaint I have was that our air conditioner was a little noisy like a cricket. We let the front desk know and they said they'd take care of it.

I was on a special diet and every time I made a request I received a, "Yes we can do that!" Also, each time the meal was great! We got in late the first night and joyfully the Caveman Pizza restaurant was open until 11:00 we had 10 minutes till close and the front desk called for us got the order ready and they waited for us to come and pick it up. We were greeted with a smile too. I particularly enjoyed the amazing salmon dish my husband and I shared at the Tidal restaurant. Our view was lovely and the staff was very helpful.

• Lanai King Room with Garden View

Their resort fees and parking fees are a scam. You dont really know what you need to pay when you do the booking. They get themselves to the top of the line at a good price and then add these fees. Not ok.

• Lanai King Room with Garden View

I had to check out a 1/2 day early due to one of the kids being sick. When checking out, I was told I may be entitled to a refund, however later was told I was being charged a $199.00 late cancellation fee. I left the property at 6 PM on 5/31. Really? This left a bad taste, and I will not return to your property.

Fodd was great at both the Pizza Cave, and breakfast resturaunt. The rooms for 4 people include a roll out bed ---should have 2 beds----very uncomfortable for people with bad backs.

• Lanai King with Bayside View

The check in time is terrible not until 4pm and you pay almost 400 dollars a night and can’t get in till then and resort fees and tourism taxes add on another 130.

our room smelled musty and the pillow on the beds were too small...they should have pillows that fit a Queen size bed, not a single. The chairs in front of our room were moldly and the areas outside our room had dying plants. There was a lack of attention to detail that I would expect for the price. I also did not appreciate all the added fees on top of the room rental. That felt like a bait and switch. Also, there needs to be better signage about where things are on the property. Everyone we were with had a hard time finding things and then making it back to their rooms! Hot water in the bathroom was limited. Could turn up the water heater.

The property was beautiful and the staff was very friendly.

The communication with this hotel before we arrived was appalling. I must have called and emailed about 15 times asking about car parking and confirming we had a double bed. not a single response. On arrival it turns out there is a $38 PER NIGHT charge for parking your car (which is insane considering the Bellagio in Las Vegas charges $18) and no double beds were available. They said we had to pay for a very expensive upgrade if we wanted a double bed. Really disappointing.

Stunning hotel, with 5 separate pool and hot tub areas.

• Lanai King Room with Garden View

Bad service and food at fine dining restaurant.

Had a bad experience at the "fine dining" restaurant. Would not recommend it. The other restaurants were quite good.

• Garden Bungalow

Incredible location, every staff member went above and beyond to make our stay better. We casually mentioned we were celebrating a birthday and they waived the $40 a day parking fee!

• Lanai King Room with Garden View

It felt like a vacation resort conveniently located...a nice place to relax by the pool or walk the grounds and not have to contend with the city the whole time.

• Lanai King Room with Garden View

We were next to a maintenance room and the door wouldn't close. There was a weird sound coming from it all night.

The bed was comfy and the scenery was really nice.

Overnight parking fee is a bit excessive. This really was disappointing.

The atmosphere - The beach -The staff- The clean room!! We walked around the grounds and plants were all well kept- 💓 the birds and ponds!

• Lanai King Room with Garden View

Didn't expenct upon check in $300.00 deposit ($100.00 per nite) for incurred expenses--no advisement of this expense in any document prior to stay. Staying for conference--still subjected to daily ressort fees (who at a conference has time for volleyball, etc)...this could perhaps be an optional fee for business guests. The onsite market--truly expensive---go to a store before arriving. Spa services--hard to book (reservation was cancelled/rescheduled--less convenient time for me).

Recent refurbishment of rooms-tastefully done. Clean. Staff at reception and restaurant and catring group were friendly and attentive.

• Lanai King Room with Garden View

Merchandise is over priced as well as the bike rentals. But other than that, I go there often. I considered having my wedding there a year ago. Rodrigo at the front desk was super nice. But I didn't get my complimentary champagne for our first year wedding anniversary.

The cost of parking $38 per day and the resort fee!! Crazy!! I knew people who left their car in the lot overnight and didnt pay anything! The birds in the pool area were a nuisance.

CLose location to pool

• Lanai King Room with Garden View

The Check Out Procedure leaves a lot to be desired - long line, long waits etc. The Charge of $38 to park your car daily and then a $32 Daily Resort Fee on top of that is excessive.

The resort is absolutely beautiful! The Barefoot Grill was fabulous - great food and a gorgeous view. The Staff went out of their way to meet your every request. The room was very comfortable and we loved the Adirondack chairs on the patio. Loved having a reserved parking space too! It was a fabulous weekend!

• Lanai King Room with Garden View

There was horrible smell of sewage outside at night near our room. Made it hard to hang out and have a drink.

Nice place to travel with kids as all the rooms have a patio which is nice.

• Lanai King Room with Garden View

I spent a lot of money on 2 surf lessons. However, the conditions were very poor for learning to surf. I specifically asked both the front desk and the person who rides people over to Mission Bay Aquatics Center about the conditions ahead of time and whether it would be good for a beginning lesson, (the hotel sits on a bay and we cannot see the ocean). Both did not recommend against the lesson. In addition, the 3 hr. lesson is only 30 min. in the water. I feel like these are unethical business practices.

• Lanai Garden Premium King

I made a suggestion at your front desk that you have a better sign for the rooms that are around back of a bungalow. We wandered around in the dark after checking in our first night because we could not see the room sign in the dark on a back eve of the room.

I liked the location, near the water and parks. I wish it had been a little warmer when we were there but we can't control that! I liked the other activities right at your location (bikes, mini golf) so we could do some other things with the grandkids.

Was not aware of the fee for the resort, was disappointed when the bill was tallied. We booked off Booking.com and it did not state anything about that fee. But as they say, it is what it is.

We loved the ambiance of the property, the people and the bay. The rooms are adorable.

Walls are so thin that our neighbors woke us both nights at 1am by talking and laughing! Traffic is terrible getting in and out of the property during the day.

Tidal restaurant was wonderful. It was nice to be next to the beach.

• Lanai King Room with Garden View

Golf carts with staff did not yield to guest walking. Relaxing room at spa was loud. Pillows were hard.no beverage service at pool.

Resort was beautiful. Good was good. Front desk staff was excellent.

• Lanai Garden Premium King

It was a wonderful hotel and resort. The staff was amazing. The only problem was the bed. It was by far the worst bed to ever sleep on. Plus, it didn't have fitted sheets so we saw the mattress and were not happy about it. Other than that, everything was good. Eric and Kennedy were by far the best part of the vacation!! They were awesome!!!

• Lanai Garden Premium King

The food was average Service at Tidal restaurant was ok until we got a manager involved who was very helpful Check in was not ready until 4 (we were told 3) So for a one night stay we didn’t get to enjoy as much as we hoped. It would have been nice to be offered earlier checkin

The bed was great. Room was in a great location for the price The parking was good

• Lanai King Room with Garden View

If booking.com had been more transparent about total pricing, I might have made a different choice. Furthermore, booking.com fumbled the 6 room accommodations and guest names.

Convenience of property use (e.g., trams, parking).

• Lanai Garden Two Queens

Really the location being on the bay. This is not a beach. There is sand, but you cannot go in the water. It's disgusting. We paid way too much. With the money we paid for 2 nights, I would expect a beach front ocean property which is what we had in Carlsbad 2 nights prior. I guess you're just paying for the heated pools. I could heat my pool at home for 6 months for what we paid. We won't ever stay on the bay again is San Diego.

Having 2 restaurants on property is convenient.

• Lanai King Room with Garden View

We would have preferred a patio to ourselves, and not a shared one as there was a family next to us-we felt we had no privacy to step outside on our own patio

We loved walking around the lagoons, loved the restaurants on the water, and easy access to the beach

The weather was in the sixties and a little chilly for swimming but there's nothing you could do about that

The rooms were wonderful, the restaurants were fun especially sitting outside, the kids enjoyed the ducks and the pool, will stay longer next time!

• Lanai King Room with Garden View

I didn’t like all the extra fees that were tacked on to our bill... they charge 38.00 to park your car inside the resort... we only stayed one bight so I’m not sure if it’s a one time only fee or if it’s every night... and the have charged me two separate times for that fee... on my bill and then a separate 38.00... I don’t hear well on the phone so I’m going to have my sister call them and straighten it out... this very same thing happened in our two night stay in Laguna... the booking.com rates are great but beware ... they will try and stick you in their worst rooms... so before you accept... make sure to look at the room first.... I will use booking .com again as I think their customer service is excellent and very helpful... but check out the room first... both hotels did upgrade us to a much nicer room so our trip was very memorable... my little sister has cancer and we wanted something nice that was affordable...

They put us in the worst area of the resort... it was under construction... our room was nice but with all the construction going on it wasn’t very pretty outside our room... my sister went back to the front desk and asked to be moved... which they did and the room was much nicer..... the beds are very nice and it’s wuite tropical.. I spent the rest of the day at the pool🏖

• Lanai King Room with Garden View

In the shower a piece would pop out once you turned the shower off.

Beds were very comfortable. The spa was excellent ! The staff was excellent forgot my Apple Watch in my robe spa and called and they found it appreciate that so much

• Lanai King Room with Garden View

They're in the midst of renovating many of the rooms so in places out was a work site with construction going on.

The lush, well maintained gardens and the many pools.

• Lanai Garden Premium King

All the extra fees - parking, resort, taxes etc. would prefer just to know what I’m paying and if free parking with a bit of a walk was an option I would have taken that had I known

The location and grounds are amazing! What a fantastic spot. The property is under renovation and the updated rooms are lovely!

only one chair in Room. When I asked one more chair they only repeated they could not bring chair to me. All other facilities were too old and dirty. Fee for facility was too high

• Lanai King Room with Garden View

The only thing I would say is I will never come back to this property again.

Nothing being said by the receptionist about the facilities and activities of the resort. You have to discover every thing by your self (no guide). I have to look for my room by my self. The golf cars was used for staff transportation and work mainly. I advise the owner to see resorts in other countries then rate his own.

• Lanai King Room with Garden View

That you had to pay $30 something a night to park your car when you were already paying $200+night to stay

That you don’t have to leave the resort for anything. Everything you need is there

• Lanai King Room with Garden View

$38 per night to park ÷ $72 resort fee made it much more than the per night charges. Food onnsite is super expensive but theres other options nearby as well

Great location, steps to the bay and beach...firepits and good food on property. Large bungalows, many pools and gatdens

• Bayside Junior Suite

the property needs a little TLC especially on the comfort front. Mattress' have seen better days (both on the bed and sofa bed) and the furniture feels (if it isn't actually) 20 years+ old.

location is good. you will need either a car/cab/uber to get to all tourist type sites.

• Lanai King Room with Garden View

Accommodation consists of chalets or bungalows, upon first entry it smelt damp. It was! Given that this was January, it was generally damp, so all the more disappointing that the heating didn’t work. We were cold and damp and there were no blankets. We were also alongside a road that was noisy, as the rooms were not sound proofed. All of this will explain the number of chalets around us that were being remodeled and refurbished. The location and resort is probably great for families, but it is an island and without adequate transport you are stuck with the resorts amenities which are both limited, and very expensive for what they are. I could hire a car for a week cheaper than their 8 hour hire of a tandem bicycle?

Staff were helpful

• Lanai Garden Premium King

I paid extra for a room thinking that it was a little nicer than the cheeper room at the time was $202.00 and I saw a room that was described as a junior suit that sleeps for but it seem to be the same room with a fold out couch and no coffee table.

• Lanai Garden Premium King

The beach part had broken sea shells all over, so you couldn't walk barefoot on the beach. The check in is later than normal and check out is earlier than normal so it made it difficult to settle in the room and then go do something. The pet fee is $150 (non refundable) which is higher than any other pet fee I have experienced. The room was nice, normal hotel bed not really comfortable. The hotel is a little beat up, definitely not a new hotel, which I expected it to be for the price.

The staff was nice at check in. The hot tub was nice in the morning. The room was clean, house keeping did a good good.

• Lanai King Room with Garden View

Dirty. Everything. The curtains on the windows were disgusting! Bird crap on the door. Room had a funky smell.

Location is great! Nice views all around.

• Lanai Garden Premium King

This is an OLD property and looks it. Sink some money in and bring it up to date. Can’t get over the outrage of a $38 per night car parking charge to park our own car right outside our room! This is on a huge property with lots of parking. Expect a high charge when parking is limited. This should be in the price of the room or maybe $10 a day , would help with the disappointment of how tired the place is. That said, we were on the bay, with a fire pit right outside our room and patio which was lovely. Bed and pillows were good. We could hear the baby next door crying through the night, so walls are THIN. And with this huge property, that was basically empty WHY are we next door to other guests? And there was no room cleaning. $38 for our car and NO room cleaning? Really!?! Did do room service the last night for my husband. He had a prime rib that he said was very good. Very limited menus for rm service. And they come in all plastic, with a butter knife to cut the meat. With all the places to stay in San Diego we probably won’t be back here Get some investors and UPDATE this property

I didn't like that I was there to rest and relax, but because there was three other rooms connected to mine, you could here everyone else that was there.

The parking spot right in front of my room.

• Lanai Garden Premium King

We got put in a queen instead of the king we were suppose to be in, and when we talked to the manager she was so so sweet. . Not only did she put us in a king, once she foundout it was our honeymoon she upgraded us to a badass suite. She really made our weekend that much better. I will be coming back, next time with my children.

• Lanai King Room with Garden View

I would like them to upgrade their tv service all though only the evenings are spent in the room it would be nice to have clear digital picture with more channels.

A great enviornment that really feels like vacation. The bombfire pits and island style decor takes the property to another level. The rooms are clean and spacious with wonderful views.

The name says it all! This place is paradise. Juliana went out of her way to make our vacation an exceptional one. Our room was beautiful as were the grounds. Staff was friendly and anxious to help with any need. Clean pools, hot tubs and spa. Restaurants are great. I hope to return with my family ASAP! Thanks to everyone for making our vacation incredible!

• Lanai King Room with Garden View

Sand was very easy to get into the room leaving feet dirty majority of the time. Pillows were a little to soft.

Gave us an upgraded room free of charge. Allowed me to pick the perfect spot for our trip.

• Lanai King Room with Garden View

The entry is beautiful but the rest of it was a disappointment. Online this place looks so beautiful. It's not what we expected. The beach is just a bay. A lot of hidden fee' s at this hotel. When we booked it never mentioned when you check in its another 100.00 for A deposit. We sat by the pool and ordered lunch. When I ordered from the Alice app like they suggested the cost of lunch was 29.00. Took them an hour to deliver chicken wings and chips and salsa. When I went to sign my Bill they charged me 69.00 for something so simple. A lot of other guest we ran into were not impressed by the price of things as well. I feel like they hype it up online and screw you when you get there.

• Lanai King Room with Garden View

Way too expensive for what is provided- plus you cannot check in before 4pm so it does not allow time to use facility amenities if you only have a short stay.

Also restaurants on the property are much too over priced - considering there is far superior restaurants in the immediate San Diego area for half the price - and more enjoyable. I would recommend having meals else where...

• Lanai Garden Premium King

Dated rooms with cracked tiles and tub in bathroom. No assistance upon check in to help find your room. Large property and tough to find your room once you have arrived.

Beautiful grounds

• Lanai King Room with Garden View

The stone flooring made the room quite cold but it was to be expected in a resort. There were not enough signs to direct us to our rooms and driving around in the dark doesn't helped. The path to our room was dark too - so don't arrive at night! The restaurant prices were a little too expensive compared to outside the resort, which were mostly a mile or two away. Lots of trees and plants but I think the place needed more flowers (in the lobby areas and staff uniforms) since it was supposed to be Hawaiian-like resort. Not enough activities - lake sport activities were great but needed to add more land activities - other than cycling or tennis - how about a mini golf, duck shape boat paddles for kids, more slides, play-type kid pools, night time fireplace storytelling, some kind of bonfire, sand volleyball tournaments, mazes, botanical names for the plants (great education), add peacocks, swans and toucans (add their names and origins too). Overall - create an educational and fun experience on top of the already great experience of visiting the zoo and the many other tourists places in San Diego. After all, it's called - Paradise :)

The staff was friendly and it was super easy to rent our kayak. We swam in two different swimming pools and used the outdoor hot tub. Nice experience and super convenient especially with enough towels provided at the pools. Cafe at the lobby was great, but don't carry enough breakfast foods. Lots of tiki torches and fire pits in several areas.

• Lanai Garden Premium King

The room was cold, and heating was noisy with a bad smell.

The bar is excellent and great view. The location is good. Close to all San-Diego main attractions.

What didn't I like? It was the most enjoyable day off I've had in years. Everything was just perfect. The 3 pools were so close to my bungalow and I went fishing right out my front door. Perfect place for a romantic weekend. Oh yea the Barefoot Bar::}} what a time.

This really is a paradise - from the pools, spa treatments, private beaches, to the restaurants. The staff are not only friendly, but they really care about each guest. We were treated like royalty.

• Lanai Garden Premium King

Breakfast was poor compared to expectations for a resort (order from menu only at the restaurant). Parking on site at 38$ per night! A 34$ additional daily fee per person to use the facilities (we were visiting san diego so only used the jacuzzi for 30' over 3 days....200$ thrown away...) The bed was far too soft!

Immersed in a tropical park and surrounded by water. Spacious rooms and nice pit fires!

need to be able to access internet from the lobby without a charge; I did not have record locator # with me for boarding passes, but had them on e-mail. Unable to access e-mail from the lobby. My room was pretty far from the lobby, so I just waited until I arrived at the airport to print boarding passes.

staff was very friendly and accommodating; property environment very relaxing

• Lanai Garden Two Queens

Price for daily parking very high Room Service fee is excessive when service is not provided (i.e. main pool)

Property services and environment outstanding

• Lanai Garden Premium King

After flying over 16 hours to get to SD from Europe we arrived at checK-i time only to be told that means "any time after." So we sat in the lobby and waited an 1 hour and 45 minutes and watched at least 15 other people get there room keys. They upgraded our room but we ended up needing to get a staff member over after 3 room keys failed to open the door. The rest of the stay was ok but a bad start only to end with several facility charges for facilities we had no time to use.

The staff upgraded us after some troubles

I wish we didn't have to pay $38 a day to park your car. I think this is ridiculous when you already pay $32 a day for resort fee.

Rooms are beautiful, location is perfect and close to everything. Staff are friendly, pools are fab and you have water sports if you wish to do that. This was my 2nd time and cannot wait to go back.

• Lanai Garden Premium King

The place was hidden away the bed was very uncomfortable and we had issues with lights and had to call electrician in the middle of our anniversary stay

There are plenty of places are very close by to look at and have a great time with family

• Lanai Garden Premium King

The bathroom and toilet were at a state more suitable to a hostel. The paint going on a bit, black stains in the bathtub (I really wanted to take one but it was disgusting for anything but standing). Everything in the hotel is super expensive. Grabbing a dinner at one of the hotel restaurants is a lot more expensive than on the outside, even the water bottle in the room cost (and was a lot more expensive than in a store).

The bed, TV, and room furniture was great. The staff were very kind. Pools look nice though I didn't personally try any.

• Lanai Garden Premium King

Some lagoons are a little dirty due to dead leafs

Rooms and pools are amazing. Very clean ! Our Lanai Garden Premium room was absolutely beautiful with a view on lagoon. Do not hesitate to ask for this view ! Restaurants are good (we did barefoot grill and caveman pizza) ! I strongly recommend this resort ! It is just like on the website photos

Several things didn't meet my expectations. This isn't a cheap rate hotel, soooo... 1.) I expect the bathrooms to be nice. The bathroom ceiling had cracks, stains in between the tiles, poor lighting, it felt like a motel bathroom. 2.) We had to call for room service to come, they don't automatically do this without your calling - and that was disappointing. 3.) You pay island prices for on-site food, but it's not island quality - it's just so so. 4.) Additional fee for parking everyday, adds to the cost at $35/night. It's too much. 5.) I hoped to have some kind of view, but overlooked our parking spot. I wish I'd had better options for booking.

The location is great - beach access around the entire resort and several pools to choose from. And the overall feel is one of a Hawaiian vacation with tropical foliage, tranquil water features, and birds. The main swimming pool is pretty great.

I Got a great Deal and chose this resprt as travelling with kids, its safe and nice - but in the end with resort fee at 32 pr day and parking 38 pr day and taxes - the Deal was more expensive than the oceanview hotels I looked at. And finally, check you Bill in details and also be aware they block your card with first a reservation and then the actual charge. So if your travelling to other hotels be aware your card is ‘doubled charged’ for min 3-5+days :(

Very nice resort, beautiful Bay and sunset with bonfires. Good service, location as there is easy access to every attraktions. However you need to drive to get to grocery and restaurants. The ones at the resort is good, but more pricy than Mission Beach area

• Lanai Garden Premium King

There were spiders in our first room which was the wrong room anyways. The bathrooms were old and smelled like mildew.

The in room massage was the best part of the whole trip! Heavenly!

• Lanai Garden Two Queens

To be honest the place is fine. It's older, so I get that, but the rooms are really outdated. There were some noticeable spiders, so the cleaning crew needs to do a better job of doing a full vacuum sweep along baseboards, molding, etc. every day. To be honest, the pricing program while listed on the website is old school. People don't like being nickel and dimed. There is a space for parking outside the room, but it costs $38/night to park. They have an additional fee called the Paradise Access fee, when all their restaurants are open to the public anyway, so I don't know what is so special about this access. They should do it right and charge $300/night fixed fee, do a better job at cleaning. Their response to this review will be "that is standard for the area" based on responses I've seen on other reviews. I used to live in San Diego and I have several friends in San Diego. I have also done Airbnb in San Diego and had much better accommodations for less. Also, I went to the Barefoot bar twice, the sense of urgency on the staff is not good. At the bar for breakfast the bartender made everyone sitting wait for drinks while he took care of walk ups and floor drinks. The process needs to be changed and if you have guests sitting down, your staff should immediately go up and ask what they want to drink and if they are ready to order. They seemed really lazy to me. If this resort wants to compete, the will need to fix some systemic problems.

Location is great, quiet, and friendly.

• Lanai Garden Two Queens

Staff, Housekeeping was terrible! They put used towels again to the room. And too many golf car around and they driving crazy!! Once night time they were racing! Its not safety! The room was clean but floor too cold, my preference is carpet! Car parking per night 38$ its too expensive!!! Not fair. They already charge you too much and plus parking !

Location!

• Lanai King Room with Garden View

Lovely hotel, great facilities, helpful and friendly staff. You are spoilt for choice when it comes to pools, there are 4 and one is an adults only. Our room had been recently renovated and was spacious and very comfortable with all the amenities we could ask for. The hotel rooms are undergoing an upgrade program but this didn’t cause any disruption to our stay. You need a car to get anywhere but the location is perfect to explore San Diego and the surrounding area.

• Lanai Garden Premium Two Queens

they are very expensive after all fees/taxes etc. and they are RIDICULOUS about the amount of coffee they can give you for your room. 2 is the limit for the Kuerig! and one day maid service only made the bed, didn't even leave more coffee, had to fight to get some. had to go to the lobby at 10pm because was left on hold for over 20 minutes waiting to ask someone for coffee. no concierge service.

the room was nice enough. easy to get around the property. handy to have a market on site. the Barefoot Grill staff/service, location and food was excellent, price ok. good location to get around town, across from Sea World. probably good for events and families when cost is not an issue.

• Lanai Garden Two Queens

Everything. Room smelled so bad that we had headaches and wanted to vomit. Customer service was horrendous. Worse place we've been to. Life is about learning and we've learned a valuable lesson with this booking.

Absolutely nothing.

The fact that they charge an extra 35 dollars a night to park your car in front of your room. That was a little much on top of the room charge.

The whole experience was wonderful. Courteous staff, beautiful grounds, comfortable rooms ,an overall relaxing fun place to stay.

• Lanai Garden Two Queens

The resort adds on hidden fees which you won't see until you check out - watch out for the 'Passport to Paradise' fee, which you have to pay for some reason, even if you don't partake in the scuba diving/surfing/ski jet extras they offer. Also the daily parking fee of $38 was expensive!!

The bungalows and rooms were lovely and modern, and clean

• Lanai Garden Two Queens

This property is great if you have a family. Parking fees and resort fees bit too much.

Easy to find and close to all things. The facilities seemed good with pools and restaurants. Room was quiet and comfortable with parking adjacent to the room.

• Lanai Garden Premium King

Nothing on its website actually represented what was on site. It is not accommodating for infants. No tubs make it harder to bathe an infant. Floors were dirty even though the room was made. Poor renovation completed.

It did cater to children.

Browse Paradise Point Resort & Spa traveller photo gallery