Reviews of Wyndham Garden Gainesville 3 stars

2900 SW 13 Street, Gainesville, FL 32608, USA

#26 of 35 hotels in Gainesville

6.2

Staff made a mistake with my room , also they closed the kitchen on a Saturday which was really inconvenient. I checked out but two hours later the manager called to ask if I checked out, apparently they forgot to update the check out in the computer, luckily I reminded the manager who I was and she remembered....

Close to UF

Our hotel room had several cockroaches in it. One in which crawled right across my boyfriend while we were in bed the last night.

It was convenient to local shopping and resaurants. It was also very quiet.

I don’t have any negative comment. Customer services was awesome.There is lots of parking spaces. The price to stay is also very reasonable. I enjoy my night staying there for the night. I would recommend anyone to stay there.

The room is huge and the bed is very comfy. The room was cold and comfy just the way I like it. The bathroom is big, clean with lots of space. There was a fridge, microwave also a coffee maker. I highly recommend and will sure to stay there on my next trip to UF .

Two things: - Vent in the bathroom was really dirty, needs a very good cleaning - When I was sitting on the toilet, I could look at the inside borders of the sink and it was really dirty, BLACK!!! Needs a very good cleaning and close attention to this problem.

I loved the floor! no more carpet. This fact makes the rooms look really clean

The breakfast was like not much. Was told at checkin would be a full hot breakfast but was toast, begels and oatmeal. Could not order off a menu as they had no food to fill the orders.

Everything. They said continental breakfast, but it was more like a full buffet, nothing continental about it. I loved the bathroom amenities. The rooms themselves were modern and up to date with decor. The toilets are the most advanced out there. The tub and faucet could be updated, but other than this, it was perfect!

The bed was extremely hard and there was no hot water which we found out when a shower was to be taken in the morning.

The restaurant was excellent and the food was tasty and prepared well. The room was clean as was the bathroom.

There was a smell of mildew in the bathroom. Looking up at the register or air return it was filthy and dirt even was falling out of it. So what can you do better, clean those grates and at least offer what you say you offer.

There was noe breakfast included and the Resto was very expensive. Online it said there was a free continental breakfast listed and while most hotels offer free coffee when my husband asked about coffee, he was told he could either buy it or make it in the room.

There was not enough setting in room for two people and the pictures when booking showed a balcony with a view of the pool or lake, we got a view of construction container, when I asked I was told it would be an up charge. Which I would not have cared if the advertisement had said

The bed was the best part of my stay.

I didn't like the noisy street. The sounds of cars and trucks kept me up most of the night. In addition to being startled by diffrent couples fighting in the middle of the night. I decided to check out after one night.

The room was nice and clean.

The first room smelled like several dogs had been living there forever. You need to have pet friendly and non pet friendly rooms. Some folks are allergic to animals and others don't like animals. The desk clerk promptly moved us. The next morning when we went to take a shower it took 15 mibytes for the water to dra in out and even the sink was very slow at draining

Hotel rooms are in separate buildings, apart from the lobby. These buildings were older and run down. Lobby building looked better. No continental breakfast or coffee available in lobby or restaurant. (Typical coffee maker in room though.) Tenants next door very loud but we called Front Desk, and Security handled quickly. Our events were north of campus so we had to drive through campus traffic a lot. If you don't mind that, that's fine.

Room was clean. Sheets and towels clean. Things smelled of bleach, which was reassuring.

The room was dingy and not clean. The bathroom needed repairs. The faucet leaked all over the counter. The bathroom was extremely small. The bedspreads were clearly dirty. Breakfast in the morning was chaotic. They ran out of coffee several times. There was a line for bowls and silverware. They didn’t really have any food, coffee or juice. What they brought out was quickly consumed by the long line of people waiting for anything they could bring out. This was at 0800 on a Saturday morning! Very poor performance and not exactly a “free breakfast.”

The location to the UF campus

It’s a much older hotel, looks like Wyndham garden just took it over. We paid for a double queen suite with a food-away bed, and we were given a cramped room with two double beds and a roll-away.

Did not impress. Room was okay. Staff was friendly but not really engaged with us. They performed their job. Much better deals in Gainesville for the money.

Beds were comfortable.

Breakfast No phone in our room Late cleaning schedule

Needs to improve the schedule of cleaning rooms Fixed the botons from the elevator Make sure all phones in the rooom are working because the room that we stayed the phone was not working I have to call from my cellphone for room service.

Property was easy to locate, corner at stop light. Staff was pleasant and helpful in giving directions to UF where we were picking up our granddaughter. Would stay here again even though some construction caused early noise.

$249 for Friday night Really ? There are so many other places for only $159 per night that would blow your place away! I could not even open my sliding glass door. Kids running the hallways screaming The refrigerator leaked and made noises all night. We told your staff but nothing was done.

The Omelet was really nice for the price. The rooms for $99 was a good value but $249 for the last nigh OMG I could have gotten a lot better.

Very noisy!!! Our room was near the elevator & ice machine heard - EVERY time someone used it. Also a football game weekend and people were loud all night long on the hall & outside.

It was apparent that the hotel was recently renovated. The finishing touches, specially the plastering and painting were very poorly done. The elevator was frankly dirty.

The friendly attitude of the staff, specially in restaurant and dining area.

Where do I start! When I checked in I there were two reception staff. Each had someone they were serving. I asked the older one if he minded if I rested leaning on the counter. It was a wide counter. He looked at me as if I was something nasty on his shoe and ignored me. I am 75 and have difficulty standing. When I was served by a much younger, ginger haired man, the older man interrupted on a few occasions but never looked at me or apologised. Maybe he just hates old men! The outside of the hotel is a mess, although it appears that it is being renovated. At the moment it is shabby.

Gaps in sledding glass door. Exit doors stuck closed and no book in room showing how to get around or where exits were. Staff just made excuses.

Close to hospital

The fact that I used booking.com link contact property and have a written request for room with the specific room number and for some extra pillows and this is a room that I had previously stayed in just a week ago not only did the check in clerk claimed to have no notification but even charged me more money for a similar room on a different floor

There were dead bugs in the room. Not one or two but several on the tile floor. Very visible for cleaning staff. The hot water was not working. It took an hour to fix the problem then the water ran dirty orange for about 30 minutes. The hotel itself is in disrepair and the public areas are worn and tattered with sad looking furniture in random areas. The hotel needs a complete make over. We took showers once the water was clean and left the hotel. We did not stay the night there, too dirty for us.

The staff at front desk was nice.

Let's see, parking, cleanliness of whole facility in and out ( used condom in parking lot, bugs in the room ,what else is there?

I could have stayed somewhere equally crummy for 1/2 the4

Navigating the property was a little cumbersome. Property in desperate need of some renovation!

Beds were comfortable and the room was clean. Gentleman who checked me in was friendly and accommodating.

Generally shabby corridors

Despite raping me for almost $600 for 2 nights, the hotel Gestapo were vigilant that I didn’t stray near the blah breakfast buffet without paying $10. Thanks for the free bagel.

3rd Building had bad smell in the hallways. Elevator was very slow. rooms were sparse. No carpet. Minimum lighting. But for weary travelers...a good deal - far from any noises.

Two nights, a week apart, running from hurricane. One night going, one returning. First room was a little tacky and bare, second room, same configuration was much nicer, as though it was less often used.

A little confusing getting to room and restaurant .

Didn't eat breakfast, had to fast. Location for me was great plus I was on a lake. Eat in their restaurant which was good..

The hotel is not up to Wyndham standards. It is in the process of being renovated but much more needs to be done. There does not seem to be keen oversight of the work and repairs being done.

The rooms are spacious and the beds are comfortable. on this particular stay our room had a lovely view of a lake.

The tv didn't work, although the maintenance guy did fix it after I called the hotel from my cell phone. The telephone didn't work. The hallway on the first and our floor (4th) had an extremely unpleasant odor. The elevator floor was dirty. There was only coffee for one cup in our room when we had a reservation for 2. The housekeeping staff knocked on our door & woke us up twice early in the morning. I left my pillow in the room and called to say we were returning to pick it up. My call was forwarded to housekeeping and wasn't answered. I called 2 more times and let the phone ring until it hung up. On the third call the same person answered that did originally and asked for my number so housekeeping could return my call. When I told her we were almost at the hotel she said she would call housekeeping for us. When we arrived, she called housekeeping. After a considerable wait, we remembered we still had a key and went to the room at 3:30pm and got my pillow. We then wondered why housekeeping knocked on our door twice so early in the morning as they hadn't yet cleaned the room.

The only things good about the hotel were the bed & pillow.

Not under their control. Telephone out because of IRMA. I'm a Coca Cola Fan. Am disappointed that so much of Gainesville has switched to Pepsi.

The view from my room was lovely. The staff were very helpful and pleasant. Large so some walking to the the room but ok. Free shuttle to airport , perhaps other places, was most helpful. Liked the discount.

The room was disgusting, the sheets had not been changed, bugs in the room all night, it was terribly overpriced because of the UT game, and they charged $9.99 for the breakfast it was supposed to be included.

We stayed in building 1000, 4th floor. The hallway, no A/C smelled putrid. The rooms, we had 2, smelled putrid. Hotel and all surrounding hotels were 100% booked so we could not move. We left at 5:30 AM the next morning. A/C in one room did not work properly. This place is very poor, do not stay here unless you are Very desperate.

The walls were paper thin in our original room. We could hear every word the neighbors were saying and they weren't talking loudly. Could even hear someone blow their nose. Facility looked poorly overall and one of the entire buildings smelt like B.O.

Staff was accommodating. Once we moved rooms, our stay increased 100%

The employees! Every single one had smiles on their faces and enjoyed working at the Wyndham, even during Hurricane Irma. They were friendly and helpful. Thank you, Sean, Josh, Ken, Phillip, Riley, Amanda and Jenny!

• Double Room with Balcony

The hallways, lobby and elevators look EXTREMELY run down... as bad as I've seen - ever. When we were walking to our room I contemplated checking out and going elsewhere. However the room was a pleasant surprise.

View of the lake is beautiful and the room is 100% nicer than the hallways and public spaces

Room and bathroom very clean, the room is nice, remodeled and clean. But the rest of the hotel a mess, elevator broken, no easy accessibility and doesn't match with the pictures

Room did not have a working phone, it was broken and there was nothing they could do.. Roll away bed did not come with a blanket or pillows. They ran out. Took literally a day to get extra towels. Waited 40 minutes to get someone competent to help us with our luggage. The first 3 guys that came together did not have a cart and instead of getting one they went into a room and cut-up making jokes. I was very dissatisfied with this property.

Relatively new rooms

TV didn't work. Iron didn't work. Shower had very low pressure. Vending machines were all empty. Roaches everywhere.

Bed was comfortable. That's it.

1. The sliding door to our balcony did not open far enough to get out. 2. the telephone didn't work the whole time we were there. 3. The ice machines on all floors of our building did not work and neither did the soft drink machine. 4. The sink was clogged when we got there and maintenance did come and fix it and said he would see that our phone would be fixed but it never happened.

We stayed there last year and liked the location

I had to change my room due to large ants crawling all over the room and bathroom. The elevators are horrendous and I got stuck for five minutes in the way to the front desk.

Location to Shands and UF

Complementary Breakfast Ants & Water Bugs In Room Ac Wasn't Working Had To Switch Rooms Not one vending machine in the building worked

Easy access parking

• Double Room with Balcony

Phone in room didn't work. No clock radio. The web site set free shuttle to and from Florida Gator sporting events. When we checked in they only ran untill 5:00p.m. The events we went to started at 5:00p.m. so we had to call a cab to get back from the game. Last day we where there are room was full aof large ants all over.

• Double Room with Balcony

Continental breakfast was suppose to be free but it almost non existent and you had to pay to upgrade. The hallway carpeting and elevators need to be upgrades. The room were clean and comfortable but access to the lobby was a nightmare.

Food prices too high for sub-par buffet items. Front desk associates too distracted by volume to care about service. Housekeeping never returned FOUR calls about forgotten pair of shoes in room.

Friendly bartender, that's all

• Double Room with Balcony

Older hotel; many things in disrepair, including elevator...lucky it would work. While sitting on toilet first night, got wet from water dripping from above; obvious leaking as ceiling above shower head was wet also. Informed front desk; no apparent repairs as happened again. Coke machines didn't work; no ice during our whole stay.

location convenient to where we were going.

The free breakfast is not completely true. Last time, like a month ago, eggs and pancakes were included. Now they will charge $10.00 per person if you get eggs, sausage, etc. from the chafers. I felt uncormfortable. Other hotels same category include all that in the free breakfast

The Coke machines weren't working in my building.

The room was nice, clean, and comfortable, and the pool was nice with poolside towels provided. The breakfast was very good. I will be back.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Double Room with Balcony

Dusty, dirty, hallways and elevator. Killed a large palmetto bug in the room. Renovations going on, parking lot full, staff seemed annoyed. Breakfast policy is silly - should be included or not, not some parts of the buffet.

Location. Comfortable bed. Rooms good size.

• Double Room with Balcony

Light shining through the door and outer edge of curtains. I had to put a towel at the bottom of the door to block out the light and push a small table up to sliding door curtains to keep curtains shut on edges of sliding door.

• Double Room with Balcony

The telephone in my room did not work. I requested for it to be fixed on the first evening, and every morning thereafter. The phone never moved, so I know no one came to look at it. Lousy service!

Complimentary breakfast

This hotel could use an upgrade......the hallways and elevators were a little run-down. The coffee pot and safe in my room were not working. I went down to the desk to report them first thing in the morning. Arrived back in my room that afternoon to the same broken items. Reported the non-working coffee pot to the maid who said she'd make a call to report it..........still nothing. Before I returned to my room that evening, I stopped at the desk to see if the coffee pot had been replaced and he could not find any reports about it on the log....REALLY !?!?!?!? He told me to go to the room and if it wasn't fixed to call the front desk. Still the same coffee pot......and then when I tried to call the front desk (at least 10 times) the line was always busy.......so looks like the phone wasn't working either !!! I took the broken coffee pot to the front desk. He told me someone would be coming to my room with a new one...........in a few minutes one was delivered. When I opened the filter area there was still an old filter in it that looked like it had been there for a long time. I didn't even say anything more about the safe since I didn't really need it that bad. I'm really not a very picky person and don't need 5-star, but when issues are ignored, it's very disappointing.

The room was comfortable and clean.

Piles of trash, old furniture and construction debris in parking lot (apparently could not afford a dumpster), large number of spaces taking up by storage containers, slippery tile in room, two small lights in room, TV did not work, bathroom clean but ceiling collapsing, mold on ceiling room, hard bed which was unsleepable and two small pillows.

Exit doors wouldn't open. Couldn't sit on patio air conditioner was leaking from room above. Bar closed at 7 due to problem with computer. Girl at front desk was nice but with the wad of gum in her mouth I could hardly understand a word she was saying. I would not recommend your hotel to anyone and will not be back.

Room was clean

Neither of the ice makers on the 2nd or 3rd floors worked.

Close to where I had an appointment. Room was clean and had all the amenities you would expect. Nice porch with a view of the lake.

The elevator in the 1000 building is old and does not work very well. The iron in the room had something on it and when my husband went to use it, it ruined his shirt. The staff refused to let us speak to a manager about the incident but did bring another iron. The coffee maker in the room did not work either, but we were only there a couple of days so we let it be. We went to try to experience the restaurant for breakfast and dinner, but both times, the staff was inattentive.

The staff at the front desk was friendly, the facility overall is nice.

Although it's in pretty good shape, You can tell the hotel has been through a lot of rough treatment. It's a college town. The hotel had a lot of shady customers. I felt afraid there.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

It is under renovations so workers in & out of halls & had old beds & carpet in tje hallway.

The beds are super comfortable & i loved the balcony on the room overlooking the lake

There were roaches in the rooms. Remote and phones I both rooms did not work. Could not get towels. Thankfully I brought each towels with me because I had to use them! Breakfast had very little of anything. We ended up going out to eat. Place was dirty and dingy! When I spoke to staff at front desk they told me sorry, have a good day!

• Double Room with Balcony

The remodel of the check-in area made it difficult.

The staff recognized me from previous visits and were great in meeting all of my requests. (Including adding an additional day at the genius pricing.) I just wish that I'd signed up for genius for all my previous hotel stays.

There were ants everywhere in the room. The floors weren't very clean. I could hear the upstairs people and the ones beside us.

When I checked in the staff was very polite and cheerful.

Slow old Hot elevator ,hallways. Rugs were stained, old and torn up edges. Building needs some structural care inside and out. My room floor had some old stains like something was spilled and not cleaned up. ( I bought a swiffer mop to clean it). Sliding glass door to balcony could not be opened. The entire inside of the building just smelled old and mildew. Cheap air fresherners are not enough.

All the staff were very friendly. My bed was comfy and clean. If I didn't have to leave the room, I wouldn't .

• Double Room with Balcony

Attitude at front desk, not bad but not friendly either. Dirty elevators, no vending, cost of a burger meal and the lack of feeling good about being there.

The facility was being remodeled and non of the vending machines worked...neither did the ice machines. The room had some damage (which we reported).The place was not as it had been when we stayed their (twice) before. I also have never had to pay a deposit at a hotel , and we've traveled extensively domestically and abroad. Hopefully one day the facilities and service will be much improved. Good luck!

• Double Room with Balcony

Parking was awful. The hotel was of questionable cleanliness, and there were numerous event going on at a property that doesn't have parking to accommodate such events. As an added bonus, it is super loud. We took a refund and left after one night (we booked for 6).

The staff were friendly and courteous, for the most part.

• Double Room with Balcony

First room I was given had the cover for the A/C unit sitting out in the floor with a puddle of water under it; no TV remote. Called the front desk and they moved me to another room with an upgrade to a lake view. The parking lot, although large was almost completely full.

Breakfast was not large, but provided what I needed. Good view of the lake from rooms with a lake view.

• Double Room with Balcony

The hallways needs new carpets a little dark, the elevator is showing it's age and to small. Breakfast was very disappointing.

The view of the lake was great, close to town nice. Should be very nice when they get done remodeling it.

• Double Room with Balcony

They seem to be in the middle of a remodel. The elevator is horrible and not for the easily scared. I saw 3 roaches in the room. The tub was beat up and not that clean. They offered to let me change rooms, but they didn't have any of the equivalent left. I reported the bug issue 1st thing in the morning and nobody did anything all day.

It had a nice pool and the floors were recently redone.

The elevators were disgusting. The first room was very damp and musty smelling. The second room was sufficient but not great. There was a large hole in the ceiling and the toilet was so loose it almost tipped over when I was doing my business. Overall not very happy with the accommodations.

• Double Room with Balcony

As we had an early Appointment at Shands for a medical procedure, we were not able to have breakfast. Our room was large and comfortable. We had stayed at the Paramount( precious name of the facility each time my husband had an early morning apt. at Shands( 4-5 years ago.) It was like coming back to " an old friend".

There is a large gap under the connecting doors so that I heard the other room's loud tv all night. The shower was rusty on the metal, including the rod. Towels are low quality. Coffee downstairs was not good. Not enough choices for breakfast. Parking is minimal at night.

The bed was comfy. The staff was nice. Easy to find UF.

Floorplan.. entire building ridiculous as its on hills so park and try to get in with cart on wheels is impossible. Took 2hrs to unpack car. Very poor set up. Hallway and elevator no AC, old musty carpet. Long walk to elevator or stairs. 1st time ever had to request a new room. 1st room was dirty, very last room in back corner of hotel which was fine, balcony overlooking lake and woods but sliding door didn't lock and felt unsafe. Dead bugs. Mosquitos everywhere but that's not their fault, its june in gainesville in woody area. Once told staff door didn't lock one staffer replied "well theres a pull down bar you should have tried that". With a bad attitude. But we came in very nice, saying so sorry room isn't going to work, door won't lock, isn't clean, phone didn't work. The phone alone was enough reason to get new room. But the other employee we think was the mgr immediately jumped in and took over finding us another room, calling housekeeping to dbl check it was clean and had an employee help us move luggage. We were there 3 nights. It was at $60/night so can't expect too much. New room was cleaner but still dead bugs. Tv didn't work which we told them and they were sending someone up who never came. We didn't go for tv so was no big deal.

The staff was great. Pool clean. Pretty lake and view, close to area in gainesville we like. Bed was extremely comfortable. One night we got in after 11pm and as going through lobby asked what time pool closes, it closed at 10pm but said to go ahead just be quiet. We appreciated that.

• Double Room with Balcony

Had to switch my room twice, 1st was occupied by a giant wolf spider and room had roaches and 2ND room had a dead roach plus the tv wasn't working. They did finally come to fix the tv.

• Double Room with Balcony

Horrific. For some reason they are renting rooms in a third building (called Building 2000) of the hotel property that is in active renovation. You have to walk down long hallway of the ground level that is filthy, stinky, un-air conditioned and scary to get to elevator to go to second level where the rooms they are renting are located. The elevator smells like cat urine and is filthy. The walls and doors are all dirty, floor is dirty, it is truly horrible. While the ground floor entry door has a keycard entry, it was propped open the entire time I was there. NO security consciousness at all. How far Wyndham brand has fallen to allow a property with its name to operate a hotel in such horrible condition. Do not stay here.

• Double Room with Balcony

The refrigerator was out of place and unplugged. Once plugged it has a high pitched sound. Maintenance replaced it quickly. The HDMI cord broke on the TV and maintenance replaced quickly. There were no clean bath towels for most of the days we were there. The pipe in the bathroom was leaking. There was a man who kept waiting outside and meeting cars that drove up and then he would go back into the building and the cars would leave. You make of that what you want. There was no towels on most days or water any days in the gym and some of the equipment was duck taped together. There was old furniture and trash piled in corners outside around the buildings.

The staff was very professional and friendly. The room was clean and the beds were somewhat comfortable.

Browse Wyndham Garden Gainesville traveller photo gallery