Reviews of Hilton Parc 55 San Francisco Union Square 4 stars

55 Cyril Magnin Street, Union Square, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA

#101 of 230 hotels in San Francisco

• Two Double Beds

Amount homeless, and smoking around the outside of the hotel. Also, valet was $67 A Day!! Pool is as across the street.. with so many pedestrians and homeless I felt unsafe taking my children in swimsuits to go on the streets!

Very friendly staff

• One King Bed

We weren't told they add a contingency fee when booking in of $50 per night. This is refunded upon everything being ok on checkout.

When we had a problem printing off some tickets and Rob the concierge helped us sort this out.

• One King Bed

Drunk young people being served shots of alcohol in the dining area at night, then were falling over onto other guests. A patron from outside asked to use the restroom at the front desk and was refused. For the amount you pay it is quite underrated. Pillows were very uncomfortable.

Breakfast was amazing though and friendly staff.

• Two Double Beds

Location is next to Powell station ,just at the intersection of Market street and Cyril Magnin street. However the hotel corridors lead to the room is a bit ware off and look dirty.

• One King Bed

We always stay at Parc 55 when we travel to SF as it’s right by the BART. This time we decided to drive and it couldn’t have been easier to get to, parking was easy and a simple text and they pull your car up ready for you when you need it

• One King Bed

Unfortunately, the area where hotel is a bit down falling since the city redeveloped other parts of the city, and the hotel area is still untouched.

The property itself is very nice, clean, and the room is nice and bright.

Our room was small

I loved the bar at the hotel. My husband and I came to the hotel to celebrate our anniversary. We went to bar area to watch the nba games and the waiters were very attentive and kept checking on us.

• Two Double Beds

1.Parking charges and no parking for guests, was an ABSOLUTE disappointment, we should have been told on line the parking SITUATION and the outrageous cost of $76.00 per night. A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. 2. THE BEDS WEREN'T BIG ENOUGH FOR FULL SIZE BED, VERY SMALL FOR TWO PEOPLE. 3. Too many homeless in and around the hotel.

The Bar area.

• Deluxe View - Two Double Beds

Difficulty with staff finding my reservation, unable to accommodate my upgrade request since I had booked 2 rooms, still being charged for the upgrade request, and the bath tub water sat before it went down the drain.

Hotel is clean, modern and central to many locations.

• Two Double Beds

I was lied to, I was told they had a poor which they don’t! I was told to park in a garage that’s not even there’s and it would cost 25 dollars a night, when I pick my car up 2 days later it costed 125 dollars!!!! The bed was dirty! And the toilet didn’t work! Waste of money and time! Horrible and booking with booking. Com was a huge mistake!!! Went to check in my room and was told that the room I paid for with beautiful views was broken with a leak! So my view was the roof! And I didn’t get my money back! My kids was so sad and disappointed and we got injured when the lights cut off while In the shower. Worst vacation ever!!!!! We spent the holiday in the hospital!! Due to injuries by falling when the breaker box went off while In the shower!!!!

Food was ok! Very expensive burger 21 dollars

• Two Double Beds

I booked a room for 4 people with breakfast included. When I checked in, the hotel informed me that breakfast was for two people only and we would have to pay extra (for our kids to join us for breakfast). Also, you have to pay for the "Free" wifi ($12.99 per day). These are the types of stunts that are the preserve of crappy cheap hotels. At $400+ per night, I expect the free wifi to be free and the included breakfast, to be included. The lady that I deal with when checking in was quite abrupt. We did not enjoy staying in this hotel and certainly would not stay there again.

• Two Double Beds

The Parking rate is extremely high compared to other Hotels in the city. It cost me $77 to park plus another $10 tax on the parking making it $87 to park for one night. Ridiculous!!!!

• One King Bed

The parking isn’t great. They only had valet parking at $77 per day.

Parc 55 is in an excellent location, very close to Union Square. The facilities are very clean and it is more modern than most of the hotels I have stayed in when visiting San Francisco.

• Deluxe View - One King Bed

The staff is not very helpful at the front desk. There's a hidden incidental charge for each night of stay. The ice machine on our floor was broken as well as our TV didn't work for the first couple of days. The area that this hotel is in is kinda the rough side of San Francisco.

The room itself was nice and well maintained.

• One King Bed

The TV did not work and when we rang to ask why it’s because the aerial for the whole building had broken and so we had no TV for two nights. The area was also a little unsafe

The room was spacious and views were awesome

• One King Bed

I felt the price was pretty steep, and felt the hotel lacked more incentives/amenities that I would normally anticipate - i.e. continental breakfast, airport shuttle, etc. For two days, we were also without TV service, and rather than the hotel let us know and update us about the situation, I had to constantly call them and ask what the hold up was. Also, there was pizza toppings under our table when we first entered our room. I am not usually one to nitpick, but when you’re dropping close to a grand for a hotel stay, you can’t help but scrutinize the finer details.

Room was cleaned well each day, hotel is ideally located by public transport and is centrally locates to most tourist attractions.

• Two Double Beds

Beautiful views, very comfortable beds and fantastic location. We accidentally left our passports in the safe and had moved on to Lake Tahoe. The staff acted so quickly and kindly to help us locate and then send them to us. We couldn't have asked for more in a very stressful situation.

• One King Bed

When checking in I was given a common room, instead of the City View I reserved . Not very happy about this mix up . # When you pay for it you expect it

Location close to everything

• Two Double Beds

They advertise that a pool is at the hotel however there is NO pool there. We booked this hotel because of a Girl Scout trip & I was under the impression that the pool was on site; however we had to walk across the street (in bathing suites, in the dark, with homeless people around) to get to the pool. I was not happy about having to take my 10 year old out in the cold like that. People should be made aware BEFORE booking that the pool is NOT on site.

The housekeeping staff was very friendly and willing to clean before I asked. The front desk and bell desk was very helpful.

• Deluxe View - Two Double Beds

The pool and hot tub were not in the property, you have to walk to the other hotel to be able to enjoy the pool.

It was very clean, had an amazing view, the staff were very nice, everything is walking distance from the hotel.

• Deluxe View - One King Bed Mobility/Hearing Accessible Tub

Lady checking us in was rude. Horrible customer service. We are Hilton Honors member and will never stay at another Hilton hotel because of this!

Great location. Comfortable, big clean rooms.

• Two Double Beds

They didnt have free wifi, breakfast, or parking.

Great location! Slap in the middle of the action. Right across from Mall, Bart, and Trolley Ride. Dispensaries in walking distance.

• Two Double Beds

A lote of homeless on the streets around. It is safe but not pleasant to leave and walk on the streets during night. Quite expensive hotel! Extra charged breakfast is very very expensive!

Hotel is great! Good bed, clean, the location is amazing.

• Deluxe View Junior Suite - One King Bed

I stayed here during the RSA Conference 2018 since most of the hotel were fully booked. The rate is unbelievable very very expensive for a junior suite and yet the room is old. The breakfast is like a 3-star hotel

I stayed here during the RSA Conference 2018 since most of the hotel were fully booked. The location is next to shopping area and there are many restaurants

• Deluxe View - One King Bed

Wish they offered room service. When we checked in late Friday night there was a power outage. They had no back up way to check us into our reserved room so they just kind of stuck us in what they knew was unoccupied. I would suggest having some sort of back up way of checking guests in.

The view from the room was fantastic.

• Two Double Beds

One of the housekeeping staff went above and beyond the help one of our kids in distress. Good location close to union square. Very quiet rooms and comfortable beds good for her lag.

• Two Double Beds

Paid $60 night for a higher floor and free wifi. Not worth it. Rooms showing their age now. You’d get a lot more for your money elsewhere in the world but this is San Francisco I guess!

Convenient to BART station making airport transfer a breeze.

no complimentary water

great location, just few steps from power st. station. helpful staffs and not long queue for check in/check out it's good if you got an under 180$ deal for one night standard room

• Deluxe View - Two Double Beds Hearing Accessible

The room was incredibly small, the double beds felt cramped. The room was dusty upon arrival and after the first night we noticed the bathroom collects condensation in the ceiling on the ceiling which then drips onto the floor (and you!). I slipped in the puddle the ceiling created in the middle of the night, made a complaint and asked for a nonslip mat which was never delivered. They lost a pool as an amenity but ya actually in their sister hotel a block away, convenient for no one. The hotel is exorbitantly expensive, do yourself a favor and book elsewhere.

The hotel is conveniently located in Union Square, it’s easy to get to reliable transportation and a short walking distance from great restaurant.

• Two Double Beds

The website stated that it scores high for families. They did not want to honor the statement from bookings.com that stated that our breakfast was paid for. Then after much debate with restaurant staff and hotel management about that, they said they would honor for 2 per room and still billed us for 4 people. That doesn't sound family friendly to me. We also had to go to front desk 3 times to get correct room key. At one point that put us in a room that was already occupied.

Locations was good for some stuff. But also was on edge of one area locals we knew and met there stated was pretty sketchy. Did appear to be that why when we departed.

• Two Double Beds

Check in as the room was supposedly not ready till 3 pm, maybe a luggage check in with concierge desk to give us time to see city, instead of queuing in regular line for 30 mins just to check in then have to check luggage into safe area??

all was fine thanks!

• Bayview Suite - One King Bed

The fridge in the room was locked. There were only two disposable coffee cups even though there were three of us in the room so had to choose tea in the afternoon or coffee in the morning. Very expensive valet parking and breakfast.

We had a suit and it was even bigger than we expected. Fantastic panoramic views from the 32nd floor. Comfortable beds. Clean modern bathrooms. Great location for downtown, shops and BART. Helpful staff.

• Two Double Beds

Street outside room was very noisy - we were woken up several times. We were also allocated a wheelchair accessible room so only had a walk in shower only with inadequate lighting.

An accidental credit card charge was rectified quickly. Breakfast had a great selection. Bed was comfortable.

• Deluxe View - One King Bed

Queue up at the entrance of the restaurant in the morning for Breakfast. The hotel person at the entrance of the restaurant asks too many questions and wants to personally sit everyone that approaches the restaurant to dine. That person at the entrance desk should just redirect the guests to available seating and quickly eliminate the queue. Thanks for asking this question.

Breakfast was great and hotel staff are very friendly too. Great place to stay in the heart of San Francisco.

• Two Double Beds

The price of breakfast! $39 come on, that's the equivalent of $50 Aust. Dollars that is way over priced.

Great rooms large, well appointed,good helpful staff.

• One King Bed

There was no information that there was no room service, and no information where I could have ordered food. There was a tablet in the room, which was not charged, which could have given me this information, I suppose, but nowhere on the website or in the Booking site was this information made clear to me. I would have ordered from a delivery service, but by the time I thought of this, it was too late and I just went to sleep hungry. The bathtub was old and unlike the photo on the website.

the bed was very comfortable and the view of downtown San Francisco was wonderful. Desk clerks were very nice too. The location is great for exploring Union Square early before the crowds .

• Deluxe View - Two Double Beds

Room just a little small, but i suppose that will happen in a city centre. Breakfast vastly overpriced at $40 per person when you can get a great breakfast for $10 on the next block!

Great location, close to main shopping area, cable car terminus, and BART station. Easy to get everywhere. Safe area. Nice modern reception, good views from room. Staff friendly and helpful. Easy walking distance to car hire companies.

• One King Bed

The Hilton Parc 55 is located in the centre of SF, but the room furniture is too old and the sound insulation is very weak. Anyway it’s good for u too stay in there.

• Deluxe View - Two Double Beds

Staff was not supported with good leadership and resources. Policies seem oriented around liability and insurance rather than hospitality

Great breakfast and lobby

• Bayview Suite - One King Bed

I booked the suite , doesn't have bath tub in the room of suite , I couldn't take the hot bath ! And When I was ready for taking a shower , no shower cap in the box , the shower cap box was empty ! Reception in the lobby are not so warmly . When I asked some questions in the lobby , they are not so friendly as you suppose to .

The bed and pillow are very comfortable !

• Deluxe View - One King Bed

Staffs at reception could be more friendly. The breakfast is very expensive since the taste is not good.

Very good location. The house keepers on 16th floor and lounge staffs are helpful. The Thai restaurant Kin Khao is nice.

• Skyline View - One King Bed

The room was not what I was sold online. After traveling for 16 hour we had to wait another hour before another room was offered. The staff was very patient but for what I paid, it was not worth the trouble.

Breakfast was good. The staff was very nice. The view was spectacular.

• Two Double Beds

Is states it has a pool.. But actually the pool is across the street. At a sister hotel. They charge you $70/ night for parking alone.

I loved the location.

• One King Bed

Transaction was not parent. Still don’t know why they charged me that much and still make me struggle to take it back! And staff members seemed to be not organized.

None!!

• One King Bed

Beautiful hotel in bad part of town over priced hotel in a dangerous area and no staff made us aware of surrounding area being dangerous with homeless people everywhere next to the tenderloins taxi drivers told us never walk around at night.

Clean tidy modern

• Deluxe View - Two Double Beds

Property was filthy on the outside and although the staff are extremely aggressive about where to smoke outside, they don't care as much about the trash and constant harassment by vagrants if you happen to step on the sidewalk outside for more than 3 min.

Liked the great view of the city. The Thai restaurant was very good.

• Two Double Beds

Pillow and beds really uncomfortable,ended with neck pain and headache every day. Need to update

Book this trip for my daughter’s b-day. Front desk at check-in was exceptional, made our stay extra special, upgraded to top floor and great view, oh, and complementary breakfast for the family!!! Also personnel checking every day if anything needed. Made our stay really personal!! Location is perfect

• Junior Suite one King bed

Facilities, response for room service call

The location is fine, closely with the Union Square, easily catch the cabel bus and muni buses, even subway. It is an old hotel, facilities all old fashion, and stuffs need check before you really check inside.

• One King Bed

Did not find anything wrong with the room

view was good and like the ability to open the bottom of the window to vent, allowing some fresh air in. Also to hear the sounds of the city.

• One King Bed

-Staff was the worse Hilton staff I have ever met. They were not helpful at all. -Our room was not ready at the time (11:00 AM) which is understandable. We left our bags and went out to lunch, they said they would text us when the room was ready but they didn't. We waited until around 4 pm to be properly checked in. -We booked our stay through booked, had some questions but they redirected all our questions to booking because "it was booked from a third party." I didn't ask specific questions, all very general, and that the staff at the time could have easily answered. Guess I just wasn't worth their time. -There is no message or SPA, you have to get it somewhere outside the property.

Only the location was good out of our entire stay.

• Two Double Beds

The location - although on the border of the not so nice side of san fran it was safe, close to shops, tram and hop on hop off bus stops making getting around san fran super easy

• Two Double Beds

The room is not clean! The hairdryer is very poor! I can’t believe how such hairdryer can be provided for the customer!Renovation is needed!

The bed is cosy

• Skyline View - One King Bed

They have an fan in the bathroom that is permanently “on,”. I tried every switch in the room to turn it off, but nothing! I could see how some might like it for the “white noise,” but I wasn’t a fan! 😉

We had a beautiful room with an amazing view of the city. The staff was very friendly and the food on the restaurant was delicious.

• Two Double Beds

The fact that the hotels pool was at a different location

I really appreciated the texts the staff would send me to make sure everything was going great. We called maintenance because our refrigerator wasn't working well and they responded extremely quickly.

• Two Double Beds

Our room was comfortable and clean. The view from the room was awesome. The location was fantastic. We were in the middle of everything we wanted to do in San Francisco. I would definitely stay here again.

• Deluxe View - One King Bed

Breakfast is extremely expensive. Cleaning staff starts the service really early and start noisily knocking on the doors at 8am.

Quiet rooms with very comfy beds. Fast wifi. Great gym but as it’s smaller can get crowded in the morning.

• Deluxe View - One King Bed

I didnt like the breakfast arrangement at all. Food is repeated daily and is borring, the fact that I had to pick a voucher from reception for my already paid for breakfast !! And how loud the staff at the restaurant. One time I was left waiting 10 minutes for my juice because they were chatting. It was a headache just to start your day that way. The other killer for me was when leaving I was not offered help in my bags when I was dragging them, and when I was out looking for my driver I asked them to help and they wanted me to do it, when I told one of them to keep an eye on my bags to check the waiting cars he refused and asked me to take my bags inside and go check !! Never I had this happen to me. I felt I was working for them and this had made me decide never to go back. I loved the msging service where they send you msgs about your feedback and I thank the Hotel for that and I did send my feedback and will wait for their action. Which I will update you with

I really enjoyed the spacious room on the 23rd floor, and the facilities within the room was good. Big LCD tv, fridge and coffee maker in addition to the comfy bathroom.

• Deluxe View - One King Bed

One side of the hotel goes to Union Square with it's up-market shops. The other side goes into an area with many homeless living and milling around. A lady in our group had her arms grabbed by a homeless woman, wailing for money. My husband had to force the poor woman's hands off of our friend, and we literally ran away. It was awful.

In advance of our visit we received an offer to upgrade our room fr $15 per night, which we did. The view from an upper floor was lovely. The staff were great.

• Deluxe View - Two Double Beds

Grumpy staff, but with a few really polite ones. Room wasn’t as advertised- feel a little robbed. They kept trying to downgrade me, and when I refused they put me into a room that was a decent room, but didn’t have the extra nice that I had paid for (or was expecting). No parking. Expensive valet. Hallway carpets kind of dingey. Room was very standard- not what I would expect from a Hilton.

The view was nice.

• Junior Suite one King bed

The room is awful. Cheap, nasty old furniture. But mostly empty. Big vast scruffy space. There is nothing nice about this hotel. Even the pool is in a sister hotel. The Gym is scruffy and poor. This is a conference centre. Just an unpleasant environment to stay in. Everything is measured and sold. There is no indulgence or quality at all to this hotel. Very disappointed. I checked out after one night and found an alternative.

• One King Bed

The hotel provided with 2 bottles of water per visit. They do not refill the water in the rooms. Terrible for the Hilton brand. Parking was almost $80/ night.

Central location

• Two Double Beds

Front desk and concierge Staff not helpful. It was such a pity. Also an issue with security of accomodation

Great location once you worked out where you were!

• Two Double Beds

They should have not overbooked the hotel. They should work harder to keep families together

I liked the location of the hotel. They do not have room service but they do have food on the lobby level.

Very comfortable beds & staff were most helpful even though we were only staying one night, assisting getting adjoining rooms for our family (even though we had not booked that) and helping confused kiwis with telephone numbers

• Two Double Beds

Advertised as having a pool which was a selling point t for us but it turned out the pool was off site which was super disappointing.

Comfortable beds Excellent central location Good gym

• Deluxe View Junior Suite - One King Bed

Everything was fine.

The right I'm was gorgeous , and the staff and the were pleasant and helpful. We especially loved that it's within walking distance to shopping.

• One King Bed

The charge of the valet. The hotel itself is expensive as is and on top of that the taxes for valet parking. Just for my car alone was 75 bucks. No free wifi in rooms and least I could have gotten was free breakfast.

• Two Double Beds

We had 5 rooms in total. Rooms given needed renovation. We had some issues upon check in on the way we were charged. It confused us.

The hotel rooms were very dated. They were different from what were shown on line.

• Two Double Beds

Checkin was extremely long. I arrived at 2:45 and was advised that checkin was at 3:00. I was told that we would receive a text when our rooms were ready bur had to line up on two further occasions to check our rooms. One room was available at 4:15 pm but the second not for another 45 minutes. I ended up calling the front desk on two more occasions before our keycard was finally bought up to our second room. I did find this extremely frustrating after travelling for an extended period of time. There didn't appear to be sufficient staff on duty at front reception to manager the check in process.

The bed was excellent and the facilities great. The Location was very close to all major attractions and transport.

• Deluxe View - Two Double Beds

For the price of the rooms ($650 for two days) it’s unbelievable to have to pay $65 a day for parking at the hotel. No free WIFI either! If I would have known that, I would have picked another hotel.

Very clean Great location Friendly staff

• Two Double Beds

A expensive hotel that doesn’t return or justify the price. You have to pay for all, in other words, you jus pay to sleep and bath! The fancy brand doesn’t make difference if you are finding a fair hostage. Hilton is basic, nothing beyond a middle hotel. At the end, even that I payed in cash the final bill, they put it twice in my credit card. No one attention with the gest!

Localization

• Two Double Beds

The hotel room interior would need refurbishing. At night time lots of drug related traffic in the erea.

The staff was very service minded. Location perfect close to metro and easy to enjoy tour during daytimes.

• Two Double Beds

Hotel does not provide self parking and only valet which was approx. $70 per night- this price is far too expensive compared to over 8 other hotels we stayed with whilst on holiday in the u.s. We should not be having to pay this price if this is the only option you provide. And no body wash or room service.

• One King Bed

we arrived in an early morning flight, lets say about 6am got to the hotel around 7am and couldn't check in until 3pm. Our room was ready for us, however when we did the walkthrough inspection, there were still items left behind from the prior guest. Housekeeping were vacuuming in front of our door in the morning while we were trying to sleep as we had our do not disturb sign up. That's just sometime we can look pass and appreciate the location of the hotel.

Location, location, location!!!

• Deluxe View - Two Double Beds

it is a pet friendly hotel however my son has sinus which lead him to fallen sick during the stay

the hotel is conveniently located in the heart of city which is 1 block away from union square. everything is easily accessible and convenient. Food ranging from western, Japanese, chinese and Indian food is readily available just across the street. I was upgraded to a better room with king size bed and a magnificent city view as I was a HHonors member.