Reviews of Park Central 4 stars

870 7th Avenue at 56th Street, New York, NY 10019, USA

#304 of 415 hotels in New York

I really enjoyed my stay and will definitely come back and stay at this hotel. Staff are helpful.
    • Run of House

I didn't like paying so.many taxes for services we didn't use. It would be nice.if we got breakfast at.the.hotel.

I liked that the hotel was accomodating to put in a mini fridge and small coffee maker in our room upon arrival.

Great location but could use some improvements!
    • Classic King Room

The room did have a musty odor and you had to blast the AC to 65 to make it feel cool in the room. The staff was so-so. Some that we interacted with were kind but others seemed like you were constantly bothering them. Note we only interacted with staff at check in (and storing our luggage) and then at check out (and storing our luggage). The hotel has over 20 floors and only 2 elevators which made getting to your room and lobby very difficult.

The location is great if you want to be close to Central Park and Times Square! Easy walk to both. Room and bathroom were a nice size and clean. The hotel itself is decorated nicely and has a big lobby and bar area. For the price we paid I feel like we did get a good deal for location, safety, space and cleanliness.

Central location, easy to get around the city from the hotel...
    • Deluxe Two Queen Room

The elevators took for ever, and the bathrooms in the lobby were always occupied. Only 3 restrooms in the lobby

Central location, easy to get around the city from the hotel location. Rooms were nice

Expensive hotel with little service on top location
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds

Endprice is about 25% higher then price in Booking.com. Airco did not work well, no fridge in the room. Only little shop with food in lobby, but with extreme prices.

Clean hotel on top location, good wifi, fast elevator.

I will not come back to this hotel again.
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds

Air conditioning was not effective. There was no view. Ventilation system was not working . Gave us a feeling we are in prison.

Location of hotel was the main attraction,I chose this hotel .

Locationclose to Central Park
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds

Extremely high rate parking 45 minutes to bring the car Hotel should not offer the service At 11:30/11:45 AM, close to checkout time, there was only one person at the front desk

Locationclose to Central Park

It was adequate, reasonable comfortable, but we've stayed at better hotels in Manhattan in the past

See above

The room was adequate but not great in size for 3 people; the mattresses were very comfortable. Notable was the absence of a restaurant in the hotel, no minibar. We ordered up to the room a fridge since the room did not include one. the view was of brick walls. Staff were very responsive and helpful.

My room smelled like urine and stale mold
    • Run of House

overpriced terrible coffee in reception, bottle of water was 9 dollars! my room smelled like Urine and stale mold. it appeared cleaned but there is no air movement at all in the room. was so gross. I had to spray my aftershave just to not vomit in the bathroom. like a dead rat was in there. also, i don't like how booking.com quotes a price and then when you get to pay there is all these service charges added, so it ends up another 60 odd dollars more than what is quoted. it's a rip off.

My room smelled like urine and stale mold

perfect for our one week visit to New York
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds

putting our baggage into storage took a very long time and there were other members of staff around but they didnt help the one person who was on duty. The queue to store luggage before our room was ready was longer than check in. Lifts were difficult during peak hours so allow an extra 15 mins ! or be prepared to walk down the stairs !

Rooms were a good size, staff at check in were very helpful. great location!

The staff was friendly.
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds

Small elevators and there were only two per floor. Sometime it was faster to take the stairs down from the 6th floor. The furniture in the lounge is a bit worn. The bed was not very comfortable

The staff was friendly. Location is perfect and the entrance was a bright spot on the block.

Customer service at the front desk was something to be...
    • Run of House

Customer service at the front desk was something to be desired. They were very rude and unhelpful at check in. The rest of the staff we encountered was helpful and polite.

There was nothing I didn't like about it.
    • Run of House

Nothing, except the people from Eydham resorts hounding me to go to their "meeting", which turned out to be a sales pitch for a time share.

There was nothing I didn't like about it. Everything was terrific.

There was old blood stains all over the bed sheets and duvet.
    • Run of House

There was old blood stains all over the bed sheets and duvet. I brought this to the managers attention and he told me that they were going to investigate it and have an "independent" team come and evaluate. He called me back (literally within an hour) and stated that this independent team had already tested it and said that it was "fresh" and that since no one was in the room for a few days prior that it wasn't possible that the blood was there prior to arrival. I asked for a copy of the report, but of course did not receive it. I was not bleeding and last time I checked never had a period so it's impossible that it came from me. This is a huge health code violation and of course the manager is going to quickly dismiss this as a problem. He said this has "never happened" in his many years working there. Yeah okay...

never again
    • Run of House

I have never paid more for a room that would not meet anybody's expectations; the staff were unfriendly to a point tat was even difficult to believe.

Check in was great.
    • Run of House

Lack of bottled water. Small limited elevators.

Check in was great. Staff was helpful in all areas. The hotel bar/lounge was very nice. Large area with varied seating choices.

very good location, friendly and helpful staff, wonderful...
    • Run of House

that would be great if hotel had an open buffet breakfast option:)

very good location, friendly and helpful staff, wonderful city view.. If you can afford it, you shouldn't miss this experience!.

Perfect location.
    • Run of House

No mini bar and fridge in the room. Dark wardrobe area. Didn’t put bath items (shower cap, cotton pads).

Perfect location. Nice room view. Rooms cleaned daily in a proper way — very nice. Rooms are cosy with a big bed.

Extremely disappointed-would never stay there again or recommend.
    • Deluxe Two Queen Room

Extremely small dark room, dirty bathroom with broken fixtures, no amenities, not even a coffee pot in the room and no room service available. Very disappointed especially for the money- over $400.

Park Central NYC
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds

The room temperature was not controlled by the thermostat. It hovered around 73 degrees all the time. Each day of my stay the staff tried to fix it but it was never resolved.

The beds were comfortable, the room was clean, the location was terrific.

no way to control temperature in shower.
    • Deluxe Two Queen Room

no way to control temperature in shower. rusted shower head. very small room for 4 guests with queen bed. not that clean carpets. getting a lift is hazzle during checkout time. no drinking water. no restaurant, despite add that there was a complimentary one.

The service was terrible.
    • Run of House

The employee is not kind. Maybe because I am an Asian.

The service was terrible. And the light in the room was not great. Hot water was not available. They don't have any proper room service. They even don't allow Wine cockerage.

A decent and very clean hotel with high room rates in the center of Manhattan
    • Run of House

Sit-down breakfast was not available. There was a shop within the hotel where you could buy on-the-go breakfast at relatively high prices. Moreover, the rates for the room were relatively high.

The room was very clean and the location is excellent, only a few minutes walk from Central Park.

• Run of House

This hotel was about location... that’s it! There was no other amenities to really make your stay comfortable. For example a complimentary bottle of water would have gone a long way! Especially coming from three different countries prior to my stay in NYC where their emphasis went beyond a bed to sleep on. Coming from the Sofitel and the Intercontinental hotels from Bangkok, Vietnam and Cambodia, it was disappointing to walk into Park Central check in lobby where the staff was a bit rude when I enquired about the early check in request I made on booking the room initially. Which I was told couldn’t be accommodated. Thankfully on immediately leaving the counter I encountered a young man who was very warm and hospitable and who guided me to the baggage hold area so that I may leave my bags until checkin some 3 hours later.

The hotel is aesthetically pleasing and conveniently located.
    • Run of House

I found a copious amount of public hair on my comforter. When I informed the front desk, the response was not at all apologetic and it took approximately an hour and a half to have sorted out. The elevators are tiny and constantly crowded.

The hotel is aesthetically pleasing and conveniently located.

• Classic Room with Two Double Beds

almost no light in the room had to call to fix tv one day was not done at 7pm price was really excessive for what they offer gave me the farest room have to wait up to 5pm to receive the room when arrived long lines to contact reception too long lines to put luggages under custody not well educated service outside the hotel

location beds

New York 2018
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds

Didn't had a fridge in room and no coffee in the room. The room is slightly compact and was tight for 2 adults and 2 children.

Close to time's square but far enough from all the noise. Big lounge, free WiFi.

relaxing and worth the bucks
    • Deluxe Two Queen Room

No kettle or tea or coffee in room like most hotels these days ,

Located centrally in Manhattan near the main attractions shops,food shops etc.Hotel is modern and in excellent condition.

Great staff! Great location! We will definitely consider staying there again!
    • Premier Corner Two Queen Room

I wish they could add a small refrigerator to the room. Leftovers from dinner need to go somewhere. Not having a refrigerator seems like a major oversight.

В целом осталась довольна
    • Run of House

- перед заселением мне сообщили по мейлу, что депозит можно оплатить наличными, но в таком случае сверху нужно будет оставить еще 500$ - что полный бред! По факту заселения на ресепшене сообщили, что вообще не принимают депозит наличными - очень темно в номерах - ночью холодно в номере - не гарантируют количество выбранных кроватей при бронировании (я бронировала комнату с одной большой кроватью, а заселили меня на первые 2 дня в номер с двумя кроватями) - если окна номера выходят во внутренний двор - вид на глухую стену, "ночь" в комнате 24 часа в сутки - если окна номера выходят на улицу - очень шумно - абсолютно неоправданные TAX в размере 600$ за 8 ночей за услуги отеля, которыми я не пользовалась (аренда велосипеда, использование компьютера, принтера) - этот ТАХ не входит в стоимость на букинге

- расположение - очень комфортные кровати - чистота в комнате - всегда убирали комнату, в независимости от времени моего отсутствия - в лифт нет никакой очереди, как писали в других отзывах - возврат депозита через 2 дня после выселения - хороший Wi Fi

Exceptionally frustrating to the point where I will be seeking a refund for as much money as I can.
    • Run of House

It started off on the wrong foot. I knew I was going to arrive before I could check-in which was fine and was told I would be able to check-in between 1230-2 most likely. So I leave and call back at 1230 and am told the room is not available but it for certain will be available at 2 so call back then. I call back at 2 and am told that there is no way my room will be ready before 4 and most likely not at 4. I get it's busy but don't hijack my day with empty, pointless promises. have never been pestered by house keeping to leave my room so they could clean. I have never been pestered in that manner and am still quite shocked at the poor customer service I received during my stay. The only positive experience I received from the staff was at the bag check while waiting for my room to become available. On the night of my last stay, I tried to set up a wake up call with the front desk. I had to call 10+ times, each of which prompted me to speak with an automated machine with a British accent that eventually sent me to a dead line and the call would end. What's even more frustrating, I would give 1-1.5 stars for this review but I can't! The lowest I can give is a 2.5! Don't read into this 2.9 BS.

Checking out.

Fairly disappointed
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds

This hotel is old, not well kept. The rooms did not have any coffee or tea facilities in the room, not even a little fridge! There was no number to call the concierge to pick up our luggage and so we had to cart half of them down to the reception. When we reached there, someone went back up to get the rest and explained that they removed the number as it was being directed to another state. What was so surprising was that we couldn’t even reach the reception as there was a voice message that said they only were available at 8am! For the price of this hotel their service needs to be improved. We travel a lot and we were shocked to experience this in the well known all talked about New York City. In the heart of the city.

Location was super

Excellent clean and comfortable hotel in a great location!
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel safe was in poor shape; needs replacing! Also, it would be nice to have Keurig coffee makers and small refrigerators in each room.

Beds were comfortable; location was perfect!

3.5
    Croissant was good.
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds

As already said, loud noise next door. The chambermaids have no idea of privacy of guests, they opened the doors at 08h00 without knocking on the door to clean the rooms, further very early in the morning they talk loudly between themselves disturbing the guests. This hotel has no idea how to treat their guests. Especially when one is paying USD 400.00 per night without breakfast, no fridge not even a bottle of water. No not recommend this hotel at all.

Croissant was good. Bedding too soft.

Good stay mainly because of very good location.
    • Run of House

Better cleaning , concierge should be better prepared, lack of hotel shuttle service to airport, no minibar at the room, no food service availability at anytime, bigger bathroom needed and better illumination (lights) on the room.

Staff very polite and helpful;
    • Run of House

Air conditioning in room didn't work well and room was stuffy all the time. Didn't realize when I booked that no room service. Elevators small and somewhat slow.

Staff very polite and helpful; printed out a document for me with no charge. Great location.

Nice place, about halfway between Broadway shows and the Met opera.
    • Premier King Room

The room could use more light, and a coffee maker would be great.

My room was comfortable. The bartenders were friendly and knowledgeable, especially John, from Ireland.

Perhaps biting off more than they can chew: in chain hotels more responsive than this
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds

Despite billing itself as a boutique hotel, six floors of what from the fire card on the back of the door was 20 rooms per floor was borne out by the scrum for breakfast. Last day, a Tuesday, the coffee urn was not present and the juice jar went unattended for 20 minutes, people were tipping it to get the dregs. Request to have shoes polished at 09:30 was met with “that’s an overnight service”, room service dishes (not ours, as there was no room service menu) were left outside our hall for 24 hours, housekeeping carts were left in the hallways while no housekeeping was being done, and when phone asking for valet pick up to store bags for early departure, was asked, “do you want someone sent up?” Despite turning down thermostat to lowest setting, room was overly warm: opened windows overnight to wake to a jack hammer alarm clock. Not sure when they went to this concept: wondering if I would have been better off declining the up grade. I think they are trying: didn’t complain because it wasn’t the worse thing that happened to me.

Really, just average, despite being “upgraded” to Westhouse, their sister property attached.

Overall fine.
    • Classic King Room

The attitude of the lady who initially checked us in was completely bad. It was as though we were intruders and she was doing us a favour by checking us in. The same can be said for the lady who was at the concierge desk the day we arrived on the 27th April. It looks like those two do not appreciate or understand what it means to work in hospitality. They shouldn’t be the first point of contact with guests.

Location was perfect. The room size was great and the bathroom was also okay and the bed was very comfortable.

Overall great location for Carnegie Hall event, walk in Central Park and Broadway excitement
    • Run of House

Bad service at the bar. This is not my favorite neighborhood in NYC

Mostly great service, spacious and clean rooms with everything you need. Good wifi

The hotel was beautiful, and in a central location! However, the front desk staff was not friendly.
    • Run of House

The front desk staff was rude, no mini-fridge in rooms, and the pillows were uncomfortable.

The location was ideal, and the hotel was really beautiful!

Noicy room with a good location.
    • Run of House

An AC that actually worked would have been nice. Regardless of which temperature I set it on it came without effect. All it brought was noice. Also, at 04.00 there loud fans starting up in the back yard/inner court of the hotel and it woke me up every night.

John, the Irish fellow working in the hotel bar was really fun talking to over a drink. He had been there for like 18 years and shared many of his interesting experiences in his life. A nice comfy bed, clean room and a fresh bathroom (as one would expect at this rate).

Great location for a short break
    • Run of House

There were no coffee/tea making facilities in the room. You could request a coffee machine but these were subject to availability and i’m not sure if they also provided the coffee/tea/milk/sugar to go with it. If the hotel isn’t routinely providing these in-room facs then I think they should at least provide a COMPLIMENTARY coffee station for guests. There was a coffee shop but it wasn’t complimentary

The hotel was in an excellent location, it was very clean and tidy. The hotel would store your luggage on arrival/departure and you are able to use the lobby computers to print boarding passes (free of charge)

No excuse to rude customer service. Absolutely none. Will never stay here again
    • Run of House

1. Service and attitude. Especially at the luggage room. A particularly angry and rude middle aged man attended to us. We checked out early and so decided to store our bags at their luggage room while we got lunch, and the man snaps at us "Decide which ones you wanna leave behind, and which ones you take with you. No coming back in between for stuff"! I almost said "SIR, YES SIR!" and saluted him. 2. Stayed 2 nights and 1 day. On the 1 full day, we left the room at 10 am, leaving a note on the door to clean our room. We return at 4pm to find the room still unclean, so I took the note back inside as we wanted to nap a bit without disturbance. In a few mins, we hear a knock on the door and before we can go open it, a housekeeping lady unlocks the door and enters!! I was pretty shocked, and she was apologetic , showed me a sheet where it says that our room is vacant and that is the reason she entered!! Not her fault really, but just shows how the messed up system is. I sent her away after taking fresh towels and cleaned the room ourselves. 3. The elevators are extremely tiny and take FOREVER to come and are always full. Walking time from hotel to TImes Square is 10 mins. But Elevator takes 20 mins. GRR!

The location. period.

There was an unexpected service charge that was not apparent...
    • Run of House

There was an unexpected service charge that was not apparent until after we'd given our credit card number and booked. The person at the front desk told us it was for WiFi, etc. Why not build that charge into the cost of the room and be honest about it? We're not happy about that. It's $40 per night.

• Deluxe Two Queen Room

Can hear scratching and critters running through ceiling and walls at night. Most likely mice. Mattresses need replaced. We felt like we were sliding off beds.

Location. Clean

I asked for an early check in when I booked and did not...
    • Run of House

I asked for an early check in when I booked and did not receive a response. I would appreciate the courtesy of a response. If you are not going to answer questions, do not include an area to ask questions when you book. I would also like to know how to get better rates. This is the 2nd time we have stayed at Park Central. The cost to stay this time for 2 nights was as much as we paid for 3 nights a month ago. Return customers should received some advantage.

Disappointing for the price
    • Run of House

The staff were unhelpful and the room was awful. Minimum expectations from hotel not available. No fridge in room, small window over looking air con units. No check in before 4pm not late check out. No slippers available, even on request

Bed is soft and comfy.
    • Run of House

Stayed only for one night. Carpet is very dirty. Biggest problem for me was that there’s no refrigerator/mini bar- and there’s no onsite restaurant. I don’t think they offer room service either.

Bed is soft and comfy.

Great Location, small room.
    • Deluxe Two Queen Room

Un-friendly Front Office Staff at check in. Un-qualified responses to get a simple Shoe Mint. In the end got earplugs instead of an Shoe Mint. Small Bathroom.

Easy access to any place.

The room size and location was great!
    • Run of House

I had multiple issues with my room key and had to make several trips back to the lobby (6times during my single night trip) to get it working before they sent security to assist.

The room size and location was great!

A good location
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds

The reception staff were unfriendly both at check in and out and on two other occasdions on which I needed to speak with them. One of the managers called Anthony was quite unpleasant

The location was excellent and the concierge was very helpful there was a small snack bar in reception which was called central market - this was convenient but extremely overpriced

We enjoyed our time in NYC but will not be staying in this property again.
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms are small. The double occupancy included full-sized beds vs queen-sized beds and there was no air conditioning available to control environment.

The location was very convenient and the staff was very pleasant.

The bed was very comfortable

Staff were disengaged. We complained twice about the water in the shower being too hot and quite dangerous. They never fixed the problem. I complained again when I checked out and they did not address the issue in any way.

The bed was very comfortable

Never going back to that hotel
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds

You have to make a line for the elevators because they’re old and very small and only have two. The rooms are very small and the Bathrooms are tiny!!!

Just the location

rooms was perfect for needs.
    • Run of House

Didn’t know there was a shuttle. Spent $200 in cabs to and from. Reception desk doesn’t go out if their way to make you feel welcome.

rooms was perfect for needs. Clean and comfortable.

Comfortable, good location, nice Coffee Shop in the Lobby, Staff nice
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds

There was no Tea/Coffee facilities in the Room. There was no water provided by this Hotel and because the first hotel had water - we were disappointed that it was not provided here. Lost my phone in a taxi and did not find the Conceage very helpful - she decided that I would never get it back. But the Taxi Man brought it back to me - delighted.

This is a very nice modern hotel. Plenty of staff at check in and checkout. Great facility for taking your luggage if you arrive too early to the Hotel and they also take bags if you have a later flight to catch. Guy at the door very helpful with calling taxis and giving information.

Staff at the Front Desk when my daughter came into the...
    • Run of House

Staff at the Front Desk when my daughter came into the facility. She enter acted with front desk staff member that was not pleasant at the time of check in, and a manager had to be call into the process. The Manager was extremely professional and handel the situation right away. We were pleased with the Managers decision at the time. Thank you.

Too basic, not good value for the money
    • Premier King Room

The hotel charges $40/night as “service” fees. The thing is, the hotel doesn’t offer any services that are worth that amount! In fact, it lacks many of the services/facilities that other comparable 4-star hotels normally provide. No luggage storage service which to me is a big minus. The room itself was very basic. No coffee machine. Dark and outdated.

Clean, good size rooms Excellent location Decent lobby area

Location is the only redeeming quality
    • Premier Two Queen Room

Thin walls, no fridge or microwave, spotty air conditioning, long elevator lines, shotty worksmanship. I called the front desk to file a noise complaint against screaming neighbors. They never called back and I eventually fell asleep and was awakened by security who thought the complaint was on me, not from me. I'll stay elsewhere next time.

Great location - poorly treated by the staff.
    • Run of House

The check in assistant has to be retrained .Rude doesn't begin to define her. We arrived early she said will text when the room is ready. They never did at 4 pm we approach them and the answer was "the room ihas benn ready for awhile". When I asked for a non existent shower cap in the room. The answer was " if you are in a 5 or 6 room you are not entitled to that. We were treated like second class citizens even though we were paying More than $300 a day..

I like the location

Overall impression the ratio quality/price was not right
    • Premier King Room

I was traveling with my Mom and Son, when I asked for two twin beds I was refused by front office, and the family just before me got this type of accommodation. I found that unfair, because in my special requests I noted it. And it was way in advance

Location is perfect

The bed was super comfortable and hugged my body like a...
    • Deluxe Two Queen Room

If the breakfast deal for 1 dollar would have been made more apparent when booking, I would have gotten it.

The bed was super comfortable and hugged my body like a giant hand shake mixed with the best hand cream ever. And the location is absolutely perfect. We are walking distance to Times Square, the ED Sullivan theater, the Q line. Incredible.

I would never go back
    • Run of House

Put us in a bathroom with a non-functioning toilet. Had to use the lobby restroom for two days. Awful view, dark depressing room. We moved to a much better room after 3 days

Sadly lacking in atmosphere
    • Run of House

The bar staff, with the exception of John, need sacking. They have no idea how to create an atmosphere. They expect a tip just for giving you a drink. Err thats their job. If you want a tip from me engage people, make them feel welcome. John (the irish guy) was the only guy who did that. The others made no attempt whatsoever. (Thanks John - sack the rest.)

This hotel is in a great location. The Manager was really nice, I did complain my room was too near the elevator and noisy and they did move me. The rooms were spotlessly clean, the wifi was perfect.

My stay was enjoyable.
    • Run of House

No refrigerator and no coffee pot in the room but not a big deal.

I only wish the room had had a coffee/tea pot. I liked the shampoo, conditioner and body wash in the shower. Huge plus for me!

did the job, but not value for money
    • Classic King Room

Staff not welcoming.just checked in and not expained anything about hotel. Just hotel that gets crowds based on the fact, it is located in new york. Not value for money. Had to move room as first room is located towards the centre of hotel and have massive load vans located outside window. Very loud and we were on 8th floor. When complained, hotel manager said people dont mind and I said we did. Got moved to 15 floor next day facing the street. Still noise from traffic, but not as bad. Fee for hotel are a joke. Dont get anything for them, except for wifi. Food in small shop is expensive.bar is expensive. 16Dollars for glass of wine. Wont go back to this hotel

Room had bath and good shower. Beds were comfortable. Room had the mainthings.

will not come back.
    • Run of House

Unexpected " daily resort fees" were applied during our stay. there were no additional advtanges to pay for that kind of fees, as for example, to keep your luggage in storage! this is ultrageous. all hotels offer luggage storage after checking out, specially for the price and quality range offered.

Not good
    • Run of House

Room was so old and outdated. Way to expensive even if you got a deal on booking.com or Trivago. Should be 150.00 including resort fee tops! Bathroom so small - no lights to put make- up on - entire room dark - so bad, toilet paper holder in trash can. No shampoo - two body washes and one conditioner . Never again glad I was just there for one night.

Lobby beautiful snd Bar ares . Staff very friendly.

Excellent location, room very confy, very clean.
    • Classic King Room

Few elevators for the amount of people staying (only 2). Front desk staff is ok, not great. They were more concern about cracking jokes between them than giving a good service. The market place inside the hotel is a rip off.

Excellent location, room very confy, very clean. Cleaning staff great.

We were attending the Downton Abbey Exhibit and were very pleased with the hotel.
    • Run of House

Parking ($75!) and $35 ‘resort’ fee.

Very accommodating with the changes we requested to our reservation. Very friendly staff, from concierge to cleaning staff.

• Run of House

The elevator was out of service and we waited a long time for the lift to arrive almost every time. The bathroom was small, but I realize it's NY. And the rooms thermostat didn't work well. Room temp was low 70s at most timesuccessful. The window opened a few inches to get some cool air.

The location was great. Pleasant service. Clean.

Location is excellent. Value for the money depends on what kind of deal you get.
    • Run of House

No restaurant onsite. Extra facilities charge. I knew about it up front, but it's disconcerting.

Market place with continental breakfast offerings.

Nice location and property, beware of extra fees
    • Run of House

I did not like being forced to pay the resort fee of $35 (plus two different taxes!). I was here for less than 12 hours and utilized none of those services. Would prefer it be optional for those wanting the gym and luggage service, bar access, etc . Also my room on 10th floor looked right into another room at hotel so no view and daylight so nothing pretty to see but that’s probably because I booked through a third party site at a lower rate.

Great location, very clean, good size rooms, beautiful lobby and quiet (at least in my room on tenth floor

After the front desk to change the room is still more satisfactory!
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds

The first day in the room with only one suite next door! And the room guest loud noise night without the staff stop! We have no rest in our family.

place

Calm and welcoming.
    • Run of House

Having stayed here on 4 occasions prior to this trip I picked this hotel as it was my partners' first time coming to New York and I have always had a lovely experience based on location, facilities and staff. My first visit was in 2009 and since then the property has had a extensive refurbishment and has significantly improved.

Browse Park Central traveller photo gallery