2. USA hotel reviews
  3. Tennessee hotel reviews
  4. Memphis hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Peabody Memphis

Reviews of Peabody Memphis This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

149 Union Avenue, Memphis, TN 38103, United States of America

#20 of 136 hotels in Memphis

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 13, 2018

Memphis Gen
    • Queen Room

Our room was $300/night when it was said and fine and it was tiny. The bathroom reminded me of a well appointed cruise ship bath.

It is a grand and beautiful hotel. Totally worth touring around the building. Convenient to a lot of event spaces, shopping, dining and entertainment.

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: December 5, 2018

Gorgeous warm friendly and inviting hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Need to figure out the pay for the parking me and several others used our hotel key as we were told to get out of the parking lot as the parking was already put through on our bill and we were waiting for assistance for 10 mins as the keys were not working and no one was answering the call button. Was a bit frustrating.

Great hotel second time i have been there was running St Judes Marathon so very convenient location to start and finish. Definitely pricy but you get what you pay for.

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: November 30, 2018

Extremely disappointing
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The service in EVERY area was terrible. Thanksgiving dinner at the hotels restaurant Cappriccio Grill almost brought me to tears, it was close to inedible. I was so excited to have my first ever Thanksgiving dinner in USA, excited to have turkey and all the trimmings but instead got a plate of four mini slices of rolled ‘turkey’, 4 beans, a scoop of something inedible and cranberry sauce. In the lobby bar it was really difficult to get served, in one instance I waited 30 minutes and left without a drink. Check in staff were aloof and borderline rude. In the deli area, the coffee servers were downright rude. The corner bar - again, staff aloof, hard to get served in busy hours but then get ignored when it’s not busy. Food was terrible. I complained to the waitress about the water consistency of the Sauce with the prawns and was told ‘oh well’. Self parking is a long walk from hotel registration and very difficult, up and down stairs and ramps with luggage. Would I stay at this expensive hotel again, NO, not at any price.

The rooms and beds were very comfortable. The festive vibe and public area decor was great

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Beautiful hotel especially the lobby, activities in lobby get too busy at least during Thanksgiving
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Too busy, no preference given to hotel guests during busy activities in hotel lobby visited by many people not staying in the hotel, didn't get the feeling I was appreciated as a hotel guest, bathroom too small

Historic setting, lobby bar/area, activities in lobby, pool, size of room

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Convenients and staff with the accessibility of great...
    • Queen Room

The price of food inside the hotel and the fees for the room services were outrageous! And the bathrooms and tubs were small for the price!!

Convenients and staff with the accessibility of great eateries nearby! The king size bed and pillows were just like home!!

• Reviewed: November 23, 2018

Over promised ; under delivered.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Electrical outlets did not work for my shaver or the hair dryer. Prices for eating were too high. We went to the Westin hotel for dinner.

Directory book was useful but needs review for accuracy. For example page 9 4.15 has obviously wrong phone # for Gibson Factory ; it has 11 digits . Operator did not have a correct # and transferred me to Concierge . The lady there said she would get the correct # and call me back: she never called.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

Poor value for money - overpriced parking and drinks; very small rooms.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms were tiny - bathrooms extremely tiny. Everything overpriced. Value for money just wasn't there. Noted many in lobby bar were smart enough to visit for drinks and ducks and stay elsewhere.

Lobby and Mezzanine area were very nice. Liked the fountain.

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

A good experience. I would revisit but cleanliness is important to me.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

My bed linen was soiled and was not changed. Bed was remade for day 2 with same soiled linen.

The full services of food reasonably priced and activities within walking distance.

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

We had a good time ! We met some friends and family there and enjoyed the stay !
    • Queen Room

I did not care for parking garage and ended up using vallet service ! It was okay but when trying to get vehicle it took forever and could have walked to parking garage and been in vehicle faster ! We (our friends) talked about it at breakfast , we think the problem stems from checkout and ducks are basically same time and everyone trying to leave at same time ! Maybe if ducks were earlier or checkout a little later ! Just food for thought !

Love the history of the hotel and still has that feel ! Love the walking distance to Beale Street !

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

I love to stay in historic hotels.
    • Queen Room

Only negative was parking was pricey but to be expected in that area.

I love to stay in historic hotels. The Peabody is An elegant hotel with an comfortable bed, heavenly pillows and bedding. I felt like I was royalty. There are Awesome desserts. I wanted to see the ducks 🦆 event but didn’t get to so I guess I’ll have to come back.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

Good but not great. We had just come from the Capital Hotel in Little Rock, where our stay was great
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

1. Bathroom was extremely small. 2. Internet did not work in the lobby (fine in our room). 3. No one reset our room clock to standard time even after I said I couldn't figure out how to do it.

The interior of the hotel and of our room was great.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Perfect for purpose of our stay.
    • Queen Room

Would recommend for its history first but also classic beauty. It's very welcoming lobby. I have been in prettier hotels probably but this is just rich and warm and elegant.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

The staff, location and atmosphere - awesome.

The Price, pretty steep!! BATHROOM WAY TOO SMALL in our room.

The staff, location and atmosphere - awesome. Just wish the price during the week was lower. We did this once but can't afford it again unless we get COUPONS, or a NOTICE on a DISCOUNTED RATE. But, we LOVED IT!!!

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel is huge so rooms could be quite a walk away Lobby could be very busy at duck time

Location Lovely historic building Friendly staff Free morning coffee

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

Very comfortable

Nothing at all.

I was very comfortable! My son was also happy with our stay, my other son in Houston said we should take this opportunity for a once in a lifetime experience!

• Reviewed: October 25, 2018

One time bucket list to see the ducks and experience the Peabody
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

SOMEWHERE in the websites, or some place, directions on how to find the main entrance and valet parking. All the GPS's take you to union street and there's no place to stop, no information on where to actually go. Finally, double parked and went in to find out where to actually go. The valet attendant said that was a real problem. Anyone coming for the first time goes through that frustration.

The whole Peabody experience

• Reviewed: October 21, 2018

A beautiful luxury hotel, our room was very large with a...
    • Queen Room

On check in the receptionist tried to over charge us, I had to get stroppy before she sorted it out! At the price of this hotel I would expect facilities to make your own tea and coffee in your room but there’s nothing. Outside of the hotel is awful, homeless people everywhere and Memphis doesn’t feel safe.

A beautiful luxury hotel, our room was very large with a walk in wardrobe and luxury bathroom. Room service man and concierge very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: October 20, 2018

We really enjoyed our stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom very, very small. Phone in the room did not work & I needed to call the front desk. We only had 1 bath towel.

The property is beautiful! Staff great!

• Reviewed: October 18, 2018

It sucked
    • Queen Room

The room was SMALL the bathroom was REALLY SMALL. My walk in closet at home is bigger than this whole room. Never again will I book on line

The bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

It was a great experience.

I paid a lot for the room. Six hundred dollars is pricey. For a one time experience......yes it was worth it. Will I do it again? A lot of nice places to stay at $300.00 a night.

The traditions and history are wonderful. The room was clean and comfortable. The piano player was great. It was a great Sothern experience.

• Reviewed: October 11, 2018

Wonderful. Will go back!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our room was next to the elevator which could be heard in the room. Pretty loud.

The room decor. The motion detector lights in the room. Hotel was beautiful.

• Reviewed: October 6, 2018

Great time!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Would have loved chairs and tables on the roof. What a great place to view the city and it's such a shame all you can do is stand.

Loved the staff and the hotel with all of the history. The Duck Walk dude was fabulous! What a great hotel!!

• Reviewed: October 4, 2018

Great location for our getaway
    • Queen Room

The Peabody Ducks, of course! Always wanted to see that in person. Also, the property was close to a BBQ place we wanted to go to, and to Beale St. Made our walking plans very convenient!

• Reviewed: October 3, 2018

pretty hotel, nice service, great location
    • Queen Room

I was in what I think was disabled apprpriate room...ie shower entrance flush with floor. I am not disabled....OK I can deal with that, but the plumbing was screwed up hand held shower head just hole on the wall so water that should have gobe to shower head was partly diverted decreasing water temperature...when I mentioned it it was “fixed”that day—-seemed great effort but still messed upmas the water coming from hand held was only hot-scalding. I figured out a way to use overhead shower...but if Inwas disabled they would have had a real problem. A for effort D for outcome.

had it delivered to room, fine but expensive

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

I have experienced the Peabody Hotel, probably wouldn't stay there again.
    • Queen Room

I didn't anticipate the room being so small, it felt very claustrophobic especially in the bathroom and elevators.

The staff was really friendly and accessible. The Hotel itself was gorgeous.

• Reviewed: September 29, 2018

Relaxing.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything. The Peabody was a peaceful oasis in the middle of a city. We did the sightseeing but always came back to the Peabody for a break. I am still smiling about the ducks. We were treated with kindness and respect.

• Reviewed: September 9, 2018

Booking.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Booking.com did not forward the critical information about requiring a non-Fragrance room to the Peabody. Fortunately the Peabody showed us three additional rooms which do not have a musty odor.

• Reviewed: September 8, 2018

Location was excellent, Lobby area fantastic & duck...
    • Queen Room

For the price of room, size of bathroom was a disgrace, gives an whole new meaning to can’t swing a cat.

Location was excellent, Lobby area fantastic & duck march.

• Reviewed: September 8, 2018

Nice place to visit in the lobby but for a good night sleep go somewhere else.
    • Queen Room

It was a nice size bedroom but the bathroom was very small, no need for TV in there. The money should be put towards sound proofing the rooms. You can hear every word of your neighbor's conversations. Earplugs are in the room, I thought it was the outside noise but their for blocking out the other guest.

Location is ideal, lobby is lively and fun, but can be a bit loud then people get drinking. Lots of history and charm.

• Reviewed: September 7, 2018

overall it was a very nice time
    • Queen Room

had to wait a hour for luggage to brought up and then had to wait on it to be brought down when checking out, communication between front desk and bellman and valets could use some improvement

well of course the ducks

• Reviewed: August 25, 2018

If you can afford to indulge a little, this is the place to stay!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was nothing that we didn’t like.

Great ambiance, lounge bar and surrounding gathering area was wonderful. Rooms very inviting. Location was wonderful for getting around town.

• Reviewed: August 16, 2018

great hotel, great staff but coordination between booking.com and peabody needs to be much better.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Peabody could not find the booking .com reservations made months before my stay. It took a few phone calls to rectify. Peabody told me I could book directly again, but at a rate double what booking.com charged me. I found out about all of this a week before actual check in when I called about a collateral matter and they said they had no reservation in my name. The same thing happened to a friend who was with me on a separate booking.com. If I had not called before it would placed me at the front desk with no room and no one to provide a solution at 11 pm at night. Not a good thing.

• Reviewed: July 27, 2018

Never again. This is a tired hotel that was never "grand".
    • Queen Room

Overpriced.Furniture and walls nicked, though coverings and upholstery were plush. Small bathroom with minimal amenities (basic no-name soaps and shampoos) and outdated fixtures. Hallways with popcorn ceilings can stand a major update. Self park was $25 too - ridiculous!

Nice lobby atmosphere.

• Reviewed: July 26, 2018

Great location and hotel has great facilities but it doesn't come cheap...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very expensive and expected better room. Refurbishment was going on and I think we had a room that hadn't been done. Bathroom was tiny.

Great location and beautiful common areas

• Reviewed: July 26, 2018

Probably the best place to stay in Memphis.
    • Queen Room

No business center, which was frustrating at the time & the rooftop party for July 4th lacked any entertainment. Coffee shop staff rude and unhelpful.

Lots of buzz in the reception bar area, live piano etc, wonderful location and lots of history. Staff in the breakfast room were delightful and very helpful.

• Reviewed: July 24, 2018

Extraordinary!
    • Queen Room

Not one thing comes to mind.

Our entire Peabody experience left nothing to be desired. The stay was exceptional from the hospitality to the ducks. I would highly recommend this Hotel to everyone. I wanted to stay another night.

• Reviewed: July 24, 2018

Luxury hotel with great ambiance. Good for a special occasion.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was wonderful. They were helpful, gracious and caring. The room was comfortable and the bed was great. The miscellaneous charges; taxes, fees, tourist tax and parking, raised the price of the stay by $150.00. Most of this was out of the control of the Peabody except for parking and "resort fee".

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

A fantasy come true.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom was small. Not much counter space but I guess that comes with an historic hotel.

Beautiful hotel, bed great, nice cool rooms, gorgeous rooms. Staff very helpful and friendly. March of the ducks so fun. Always wanted to stay here, so glad I got too. Self parking was easy. Loved the bath robes.

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

Beautiful hotel, walking distance to Beal St.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing, we enjoyed our stay here. I will definitely be back and stay here.

Everything about this hotel is beautiful, from the lobby to the rooms. Beds were comfortable and the staff was great. The duck march is super cute and worth the wait. There is a roof top sunset happy hour that unfortunately we missed, but we did walk up to the roof to see the duck penthouse and the view from up top. The Peabody is walking distance to Beal St.

• Reviewed: July 9, 2018

Overall the stay was good
    • Queen Room

Being placed on the floor with several dogs and the carpet in our room was dirty as well as in the hall ways. The place was too nice for the carpets to be that dirty, also not every body wants to be around dogs.

The place was beautiful

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

A wonderful luxury hotel, so much history, and located right next to the famous Blue's Beale Street.
    • Queen Room

The atmosphere and history of the hotel made for a great stay. One of the best luxury hotels we have every stayed at and was excellent value. The rooftop fireworks beside the Mississippi on the 4th of July was a bonus. Room ammenities, restaurants, bars, and staff were excellent.

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

Friendly, yet needs better crowd and guest experience management.
    • Queen Room

Guest management and the ability to create an experience. With all the modern buildings around it, the hotel no longer has a roof top view of the riverbank.

The hotel itself is a time capsul.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

Beautiful lobby; lovely spacious room
    • Queen Room

Beautiful hotel; comfortable bed; attentive staff; sorry we missed the ducks but we were just passing through and couldn’t be there at the appropriate times.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

Over rated
    • Queen Room

No coffee in the room.The carpet was frayed and gripper caught our feet, the hotel did nothing. The bottom bed sheet had a tear and the hotel did nothing.

Spacious rooms

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

Great Southern Hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

This was a great place to stay, if you didn't really want to you wouldn't have needed to leave the Peabody at all as there were a number of places to eat within as well as a couple of bars. The march of the ducks that takes place at 10am and 5pm everyday is a great feature to see for people of all ages. (Have a search on the net for Peabody Hotel Ducks to understand what I am talking about).

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

Truly a wonderful stay, I will be back!!

Happy with everything!!!

The location was perfect for a super easy stroll to all the evening events... I had s massage at the spa Feathers and it was fantastic. Hayes was my therapist and she was absolutely one of the best massage Therpists I’ve ever had!! We ate ate breakfast and dinner at the restaurant and was very pleased. The bars drink awesome... gotta try the Lucille. Oh and for hair and body care, they have Zents stocked in your room a very nice touch!!!

• Reviewed: June 29, 2018

Central location very near Beale Street.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The public areas were so noisy with a piano playing clashing with either a disco upstairs or another bars music. It was over bearing and ruined our enjoyment sitting in the main hall. We found a quote corner bar the next day and again early evening the piano starts up again and clashes with the bar music. Turn the piano off if other music is playing please! Rooms were lovely but bathrooms were tiny.

Central location very near Beale Street. Duck parade very cute, rooms comfortable, beautiful central lobby

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

Lovely Classic hotel
    • Queen Room

The room was a little “tired” and needed updating. But the MOST disappointing was the greeter at breakfast the young lady didn’t make eye contact or say good morning and her body language was dreadful she did not speak . She was NOT a good ambassador for this lovely hotel . We spoke to the restaurant manager nicely about this and she said she would talk to the employee. I sincerely hope so . She needs to have a complete change of attitude to work in her role .The rest of the staff were FANTASTIC and couldn’t do enough for us .

Location, History , The ducks !!!! The ambiance . Great sense of style .

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

The Carpaccio Restaurant was an excellent choice for dining.
    • Queen Room

The waitress we had was not very pleasant in the lounge area and the room we had was noisy. So I would advise not getting a room near the elevator if possible.

The Carpaccio Restaurant was an excellent choice for dining. Good was superb and the staff were very courteous.

• Reviewed: June 7, 2018

Beautiful and comfortable historic hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

My husband and I like historic hotels with a lot of character when we travel on vacation so The Peabody was perfect for us. The hotel interior was beautiful and the bedroom was very nicely decorated and comfortable. The bathroom was a bit small as with most older hotels but we expect it and it did not diminish our appreciation of the experience. There was an off street carport to pull into so we didn't have to unload our luggage from the street.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

The bed was very comfortable.
    • Queen Room

No radio and no way to access music with Bluetooth. Only option is to pay $10 on TV to play music. Bathroom very tiny but well done with amenities

The bed was very comfortable. Hotel within walking distance to FedExForum. Hotel has a good vibe. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Beautiful historic hotel, very clean , loved the roof top...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom was very small and there was no coffee making machine if the room.

Beautiful historic hotel, very clean , loved the roof top area, great views of Memphis from there.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

Loved the place, wish is wasn't as expensive, but would stay again
    • Queen Room

The beds and linens are a bit outdated and the bathrooms are small (which is understandable as it's an old hotel). The charm of it helps though.

Loved the lobby, the staff and the bar. Delicious cocktails and (of course) it's fun to see the Peabody ducks.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

The history, the ducks, the staff.

The rooms are extremely outdated, the carpet in the rooms could possibly be the original carpet. It’s so old it’s slick in spots. The lobby is gorgeous!! So your expectations are high then you go to your room and it’s a big disappointment.

The history, the ducks, the staff.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Fantastic, elegant, first class.

So many people trying to see the ducks that we never got close.

This hotel is a once in a lifetime experience with its history and beauty. It is luxury and then some. The restaurants were all outstanding and our room was elegant and really comfortable. The hotel made dinner reservations for us on Beake Street and directed us to our city tour bus. It was a lovely weekend all in all.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

Though the Peabody was a great choice for me to take my wife.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed was way to soft I got up with a sore back every morning or had problems sleeping!

Though the Peabody was a great choice for me to take my wife. Because I told her we would go some where special for her college graduation. The Ducks were awesome and the hotel had a great way of showing it's heritage with all the antiques. Seeing the smiles my wife had made it worth the stay. She will never forget this time in her life. Also the employees were great and the other customer's made it special on the walk of the Ducks which she saw four times so many people would steep aside to let others that had not got a good view see the Ducks or get some good pictures and this included us

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

Location, beauty, staff, very comfortable bed, and storied...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The concierge in the morning sent us to an average breakfast place instead of The Arcade Restaurant. She said it was too far to walk to, which it is not, and we could have taken the trolley for $1 instead of walking.

Location, beauty, staff, very comfortable bed, and storied history!

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

Absolutely unbelievable time spent in fabulous Memphis.
    • Queen Room

Nothing. Everything was perfect.

The bed was very comfortable, staff were very friendly and attentive. Location was very close for Beale Street, bars and restaurants. Loved the lobby bar, free coffee in the Deli every morning from 06:00am to 09:00am was a nice touch.

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

Wonderful, traditional hotel with an olde worlde feel!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wonderful, traditional hotel with an olde worlde feel! Free tea/coffee/hot chocolate between 6am and 9am from the bakery is a very nice touch.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Peabody - don't bother
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We arrived early evening and chose to self park in the parking garage, what a performance, the walk to the hotel was convoluted and not easy with big luggage, maybe paying extra for valet parking plus tip would be worth it, still it was $22 just to park ourselves. The lady on reception, although extremely polite, her command of the English language was not great, combine that with the noise of the bar area and we were hard pressed to understand what she was trying to tell us, it boiled down to the fact that there was free tea and coffee in the coffee/deli area in the morning, would have preferred this to be available in the room. Whilst waiting for friends to join us in the bar area, there was a notice on the wall that explained between 4-7pm it was happy hour in the Corner Tap Room, no instructions as to where this was, or indeed if we were in the correct location, as the bar was packed. After waiting almost 40 minutes to attract a waiters attention, I enquired what Tennessee brews/specials were available on Happy Hour, to receive a very disdainful look and a haughty response that the Peabody doesn't do Happy Hour and he walked off without taking any order from us. Later that night we actually saw that the Corner Tap Room is attached to the hotel but he didn't see fit to explain that. The room was not clean, with dirty straws on the floor from the previous occupants, and worse of all, I was awoken in the night as I received a bite on my back, I managed to catch the creature, which turned out to be a bed bug, and the next morning I did report it to the reception staff, and I explained where I had left the dead body of the bug, she asked if I would stay so security could be called to fill in a report, but we had no time as we had booked a tour at Gracelands, they did promise to contact me with their findings but absolutely nothing back, over a week later.

The only positive thing about the Peabody is the location, we stayed there 3 years ago and had a poor experience with American friends, this time we were with British friends but we had the same experience.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Overall everyone was so polite and friendly they made me feel like they were happy to see me .
    • Queen Room

I never got a chance to see the rooftop. I tried a couple of times and the elevator never would go to the top. So I gave up.

The stores in the lobby I forgot my shorts it was so hot I had to buy some. It cooled off at night and I wore my jeans.

The
    • Queen Room

Room could have been cleaned better. Rug appeared to have not been vacuumed whil we were ther.

The Italian restaurant food, service, and staff were all very excellent.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

I guess I can say this is off my bucket list...no need to return.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel was a little "under whelming". I knew it was an older hotel but the room and beds were so so small. We were told twice that there were only TWO complimentary bottles of water. Which I thought was odd since a bottle of what costs less than fifty cents.

Hotel was pretty enough but over priced for what we got.....even getting a special rate. Overall was not super impressed.

Worth the price.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

For those who self-park, the walk from the parking garage to the lobby is quite long. Better hope that your luggage is easy to carry!

Great atmosphere in the hotel, ideal downtown location.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Overall, The Peabody was nice, but overpriced in May.

Self parking is a long way from check-in. They need to offer self-parkers more ways to transport their luggage - i.e., luggage carts. Also, I found it to be too damp in the rooms and there are no extras in the rooms such as coffee maker, microwave or small fridge.

The Peabody is an old-world style facility, full of character - nice in the lobby, large guest rooms with average décor.

• Reviewed: May 17, 2018

A guest feels like royalty and so close to the best bluesy part of Beale Street.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We missed having a fridge in the room.

This is a fabulous, traditional hotel. The concierge services are excellent, the hotel lobby and bar is world-class stunning, convivial and make guests feel like visiting royalty. Beds are comfortable and the toiletries are of good quality. The pool and fitness areas are a huge plus, well maintained by an attentive staff member with good opening hours. Finally, the shopping surrounding the lobby is also excellent, especially for men's clothes.

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

Great weekend getaway.
    • Queen Room

Could hear street noise on 9th floor. Carpet could be replaced.

The architecture is beautiful. The beds are comfortable. The staff is very friendly, professional and helpful. The ducks were adorable.

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

The Grand Hotel of the South
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The Grand Dame of Southern hotels did not disappoint. Very conveniently located to most attractions. Staff was welcoming but at times seemed overwhelmed. The huge lobby was exceptional and, despite the updated furnishings, evoked the atmosphere of years ago. The lobby bar was also fantastic for nightcaps. The rooms were clean but the bathrooms were small and the room lacked a mini-frig. That said we will make the Peabody our hotel of choice on our next visit.

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

Lovely hotel in a great location but service not up to scratch
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

For the price the service is not 4 star ! E.g my bedsheet had holes in it / we waited 90 mins for our luggage to arrive . Afternoon tea was disappointing & when we asked for helping weighing our luggage we were directed to the FedEx office !

The location was great ,the pool was wonderful & the character lovely

• Reviewed: May 5, 2018

Great stay in an historical hotel. Great location.

No complainants

We had French pressed coffee in lobby and it was excellent along with the cookies that were serviced with it. The dessert the night before was excellent along with the glass of wine.

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

Disappointing!!
    • Queen Room

The room was small, bath even smallwr and bed uncomfortable. The room was noisey and house keeping knocked way too early and woke us up!!!

It was a querky hotel

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

Absolute nightmare.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

No room available at check-in even though it had been booked for 6 months. Room eventually allocated to us was next to the service lift so we had very little sleep. Personal items and money stolen from our room, presumably by hotel staff as there was no forced entry.

Very little

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

4 days Memphis
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Noise from adjoining room shower woke us so had to move room. 629 is good but be aware you can hear elevators and other guests forget that all conversations can be heard when they walk down corridor!

Proximity to Beale St, rooftop

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

I am not sure if I will stay at the Peabody again. A luxury hotel should comfortable beds & bathroom
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I had the smallest imaginable bathroom. My mattress should have been replaced months ago. I spent way too much money to have a miserable nights sleep.

I love the Peabody...the common areas are beautiful

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

Not good value for the cost.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was very tired. Given the cost per night I would have expected a much nicer decor and quality of furnishings. The carpet was well past its best before date. The bathroom was outdated and extremely small.

Staff were all pleasant and helpful. Location of hotel was excellent for walking tours of downtown and entertainment district.

We Price Match