Reviews of Pelican Hotel 4 stars

826 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33132, USA

#112 of 390 hotels in Miami Beach

• Deluxe Queen Room

How small the room was furniture around the room could’ve been more moderate and expensive due to location and pricing I mean it is OCEAN DR

I like the location and staff was great breakfast could’ve been a more variety I guess it’s cause it’s free but over all GREAT experience ac works GREAT TO I THOUGHT IT WAS WINTER IN DAMN 90 degree weather outside

• Deluxe Queen Room

-Air conditioner is situated near the floor , straight near the bed in room 209. Was very cold for legs in the night. -Very poor breakfast

Good location to sea, clean bed sheets

• Deluxe Queen Room

we had such an awful experience during check in time, the black guy who's name starts with W. (probably Wendel) met us at the reception desk, it seemed that he didn't like us and he talked to us so rudely and vulgarly. I do not think that this is the proper manner of communication for the receptionist.

Great location, nice breakfast, clean room

• Deluxe Queen Room

Location on South Beach you would think was an advantage, but I would rather stay a few blocks away from the beach and just walk over when you want to be near the action.

Very good breakfast, interesting retr0-styled rooms.

• Deluxe Queen Room

I would prefer a pool but I realise the beach is nearby. I’m not a beach person. Ocean Drive is a really noisy place, better for young people.

The staff, also the breakfast was included and 20% discount on food.

• Deluxe Suite

There was little to no sound proofing in the ceilings and floors of the room, so we could hear every word said below and above our room. This was especially bad between 10pm and 3am. The bed was also like sleeping on a board. Finally, the food was okay, but not worth the price. We found much better food at restaurants on Espanola Way.

The room was beautifully decorated. The hotel architecture is fantastic and fits into the Art Deco scene of South Beach beautifully. We loved the period look and feel of the entire property. The front desk staff was wonderful, very helpful and very eager to answer our questions/provide assistance.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The room refrigerator kept items at a chilly 55 degrees or so. I had the hotel maintenance guy look it over. He checked it, said "It's working" and left. This was the Las Vegas suite.

The staff were outstanding, every one of them. So friendly, helpful and professional.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Front desk staff was fantastic,Christopher went above and beyond even making us a reservation at a great Steak House....would highly recommend this hotel and we look forward to seeing you again!

• Deluxe Queen Room

Friendly staff and great location. Great mojitos ( two free at check in ) and free breakfast in the morning ( eggs, bacon, fried potatoes, coffee and toast ) was our choice. Great! Great! location in the heart of the art deco district. Outdoor patio and table service provides great people watching which south beach is all about. The room was basic but comfortable, loved the large walk in shower with rain shower head. South Beach is all about the night life and location, don't worry about the room you do not spend much time in there.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Keep away! The area is not safe.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Especially Carlos and Chris at the front desk, Christian the bar tender and the restaurant staff. The food was delicious. It included a free breakfast, 2 free drinks at happy hour, 2 free bottles of water daily, and a 20% discount at their restaurant. The hotel room was basic but clean. HOWEVER, my daughter and I didn’t feel safe on the streets in that location. It was overrun by a crowd we don’t usual associate with. The woman were wearing thong bathing suits during the day and at night in the hotel and while walking the streets. Also they were riding around in convertible cars flashing their naked breast. People were also smoking joints on the streets. Nighttime was very rowdy due to excessive drunkenness. It’s a shame that from 5th Street to almost 14th Street this is the current situation in South Beach. If this is your thing...then and only then this location is for you. Otherwise, I suggest you stay on Collins Ave or Washington Ave. The hotel said that they can only refund the 2 night early checkout if they resell the room. I am confident that they will do the right thing by me irregardless of whether they resell the room or not. They we very sympathetic to our feelings of trepidation. Again, as I said the staff was wonderful and customer service was a priority.

• Queen Suite

Staff extremely rude at all times. Late night they even sleep on the lobby couch so we couldn’t enter the hotel. Breakfast is same as nothing, just a choice of toast and/or an egg with black coffee. No swimming pool. Extremely overpriced.

Large room (suite) great view and also very good location.

• PH2 Premium Apartment

I took the penthhouse room the most expensice choice and it was not facing the ocean but the back side. Noice is so loud from the street that its impossible to sleap before 3am. There are not areas for the hotel guests, just a reastaurant and bar for all people. They did not clean my room even once for my entire stay. Restaurant service very bad, you have to wait min 45 minutes to service you. Not a good choice

I really try find something that I like but really nothing

• Deluxe Queen Room

The beds were a bit too firm for me but my wife didn’t mind it. Also unless you get a room facing the Front then your room will likely just have a view of the wall of the next building over. Unlike other hotels this place also does not have rooftop patio.

Amazing location - very central to everything and steps away from the beach. Great mojitos included with the resort fee. The lounge chairs were a major plus too. Finally the breakfast was great and came out pretty quickly (altho the coffee was very weak). Rooms were a decent size and the rainforest shower was a nice touch.

• King Suite with Ocean View

There were a bunch of little things that were wrong: light bulbs here and there that didn't work, the bathtub jets were broken and so was the tub plug, toilet paper wasn't stocked, there was no handsoap placed at any of the sinks, there were no cooking or dining utensils, the Ocean Drive-facing balcony was closed.

The vintage decor

• Deluxe Queen Room

Free happy hour drinks only offered 1 kind, free breakfast was minimal and the service and time to wait for breakfast wasn't good

Staff was very friendly and informative

• Deluxe Queen Room

Worst room I've ever stayed in, very small and nowhere to put anything and window looked into building next door. Toiletries had to go on the floor in bathroom. Bars and restaurants within walking distance very expensive.

The hotel staff at front desk was friendly and efficient. Servers in bar and restaurant were OK but not very friendly. Two drinks included at happy hour, but no choice of drinks, only mojitoes. Breakfast OK. Location excellent, right across from the beach. Hop on, hop off bus picked us up in front of the hotel. Tons of restaurants within walking distance.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Room by the alley, noisy , ? garbage truck or something. The noisy people were not a bother. The bigger problem were the bathrooms, noisy toilets when someone above was using them Also wifi connection terrible, barely worked anywhere except near the reception desk

Great Location, Right on Ocean Drive, you walk across to the beach, free lounge chairs, 2 free drinks per evening during happy hour, free breakfast

• Deluxe Queen Room

No outlets next to bed for USB devices. iHome clock did not charge my iPhone and did not have USB port on back to charge my phone.

Excellent breakfast included with resort fee of $15. Freshly made. Eat right on ocean drive. @ amazing Mojito drinks at happy hour included with resort fee. Loved my stay here. They maintain a standard here. I loved it!

• Deluxe Queen Room

Room not cleaned properly. Layer of dust on phone, alarm clock, and bathroom glass shelves when I checked in . Rooms made up very late in the day. Extra unexpected $15 daily resort fee To get to hotel entrance you often had to navigate through many restaurant staff members who were milling around .

Fun room decor Reception staff very cordial and helpful Convenient to the beach

• Deluxe Queen Room

The only beautiful thing about the hotel is the outside facade. On your way in, you'll be greeted by some promoter from the bar on the ground floor, who will try to lure you in with an offer like "20% off, drink one have two". Generally, with all your bills on Ocean Drive make sure to check them, cause they'll try to charge you full. As soon as the personal realizes that you are a hotel guest, they'll loose interest in you and send you to the reception desk in the back of the ground floor. And from there on you'll start to see: the hotel has not aged well. They tried to give the hotel some of the Art Deco looks from the 1930's, but everything looks used or even dirty, like for example the hallway runners. It's individually designed rooms on the two upper floors look used and the different styles seem to have fallen out of time. The bathroom fittings are trimmed old school as well; so you'll either burn or frieze yourself. The ceiling fans in the rooms are truly from the last century. If it's not the loud music from downstairs, it'll be your neighbors fan that keeps you up at night. Besides that, the attitude of the staff left a lot to be desired. Overall, the hotel is a shame for the premium brand Diesel, which it is associated with.

• Deluxe Queen Room

If you have a car, the valet parking is a little pricey -per 24 hours it’s $27. We only had a car for two days and after arriving at the hotel so late each night after long days, we were too lazy to drive around and find a cheaper option! Parking in the street is available but very limited! It wasn’t much of a problem for us but the entrance to the hotel is through the restaurant tables at the front, up some stairs and then through the bar. If you aren’t able to get bags up stairs it might be problematic. However I’m sure the staff would help you up the stairs if needed! Bathroom is a little on the petite side - it was a bit of a squeeze! Door must be closed during and after a shower as it sets off the fire alarm if isn’t but as it’s a small space it gets REALLY steamy and hot in there. Not ideal when you need to be in there to dry your hair with the attached hair dryer! And while on that subject, the hairdryer is not the most powerful. It just about did the job for someone like me with fine bobbed hair but if you had long thick hair, you might need to think about bringing your own. View was not of the beach but I understand limited rooms are going to have the best view. The air conditioner was strong enough to deal with the temperatures we had about 20-22 degrees Celsius but the large ceiling fan that was available for higher temperatures made one hell of a racket! Luckily it wasn’t warm enough for us to need it. Air conditioner did stop working mid way through time there but reception sent someone up straightaway and it was sorted for us and no further problems.

This hotel is in a great location...literally right on the beach and in the middle of the strip for loads of bars and restaurants. For the room rate, you get great value such as: - decent WiFi which allowed me to use the internet, social media, download Kindle books but not enough to download a film or tv programme - guest breakfast which a few other reviews have commented was limited compared to the full menu. We were there for 7 days and tried each of the different things such as pancakes, waffles, eggs, pastries and omelettes. They were pretty decent! Coffee and tea too. No breakfast tea but I got acquainted with the green tea they offered! - beach towels, beach loungers and beach wifi which we would have utilised much more had we not been a victim of Storm Grayson that was affecting the coast! (Umbrellas are an additional $20) Happy hour for guests was great. Between 4 and 6 we got two free drinks each. My husband and I really enjoyed the mojitos..they made standard ones for him and when I found the taste a bit strong, the bar tenders would put a different fruit syrup in mine which was fab! Room is comfortable enough with all the standard requirements for a hotel. Theme of each room is different and ours was 50s style. I though it was quite charming but may not be to everyone’s taste! Loved the little boutique hotel touches like a little note letting us know the weather the next day and little snacks like chocolates or crisps left during the turndown service. The serving staff were the most friendly I’d have dealt with in my various trips to America. They were great serving us and built up a great relationship with us during our stay - welcoming us each time we came back and wishing us a good day /evening when we left. The reception staff and manager also were on hand for some great restaurant recommendations! Overall, I’d say if you prefer standard chain hotel rooms, this is not for you.

• Executive Suite with Sea View

Bed was as hard as a box spring. Staff was very unprofessional to each other and to the customers. Staff gave incorrect incorrect information regarding location of valet parking.

Location of property

- Very loud because of the music / restaurant in the ground floor which has partys everyday till late night - Clineliness could be much much better

- Location - Friendly staff - 20% off of the price in the restaurant as a hotel guest

• Deluxe Queen Room

The only thing I didn't like were the option for happy hr drinks. I mojitos are really sweet. Other than that everything was great.

the room and bathroom were extremely clean(no stray long black hairs), the room was also a good size and quiet. The hotel provided a safe, bottles of water, and all toiletries. We opted for the breakfast included which was fine they offered a number of different options and the timeframe worked well. The happy hour drinks are only mojitos we had 1, however they are sweet so if thats your thing you'll like it. Great job with the staff and I would stay again. Great value for being on ocean drive.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The bed was really much too firm for us. Even without back problems it’s a really hard bed Then again some people may like that and Lupe the wonderful manager said it was a special kind of European mattress designed to help people sleep well. Even though we spent the past seven years living in Europe we didn’t encounter any mattresses like this but that’s not to say that there aren’t any. Some people probably just prefer a much firmer bed. That’s really our only issue with the place. The service was fantastic and the location on Ocean Drive steps away from the beach is phenomenal and also the deal with two complementary beverages per person at happy hour from 4 to 6 PM every day was a really good value Everything ultimately worked fine with respect to the happy hour complementary drinks although several other folks on the waitstaff at the restaurant didn’t really understand the way the promotion was supposed to work even though we were wearing our wristbands which should’ve indicated that we were entitled to two drinks per person per night gratis. We just had to emphasize that we were entitled to two complementary drinks per person per night and even when we explained it it still was incorrect at first but the wait staff was very nice and went to check again and fixed the problem. And the two complementary mojitos per person per night were quite enjoyable and it was great to sit outside and watch South Beach happen right in front of our eyes.

Virtually the entire staff provided above and beyond customer service. Carmen from housekeeping was a dream! She went out of her way to make sure that we were comfortable. One of us has terrible back problems and when we requested extra pillows and a mattress topper the pillows were brought immediately but the mattress topper wasn’t available. Carmen seemed genuinely upset that there weren’t any more to be had and promised to bring us one the next day. When they put that mattress topper in the next day it was very flat and didn’t really change the extremely firm nature of the bed so when I spoke to Lupe the manager of the hotel she was so terrific and ensured that a new mattress topper was procured and placed in the bed which was totally different completely fluffy and changed the experience for us. Carmen was completely attentive and so sweet she treated us like treasured family and brought chocolates, etc. to the room to make it special for us and that really made our 20th anniversary extra special. The room was a great corner location where we could be part of the festivities but not have noise. It was room 215. The other folks at the front desk Wendell, Carlos, and Daniel were all terrific as well. Wendell went out of his way for us to make sure we had everything we needed for the beach. The servers at the hotel restaurant Ray, Julio, Caterina, and one other lovely young woman whose name I forgot were so sweet and attentive as well. Breakfast was included and the omelette was exactly how I liked it. The breakfast potatoes were hot and crunchy and the New Year’s eve dinner was terrific and a great value. A perfect 14 ounce New York strip steak made to order perfectly tender on the inside and the view of the fireworks even from our room not to mention right in front of the hotel was just fantastic. Location can’t be beat and the service is tops!

• Deluxe Queen Room

The dinner prices for the restaurant is expensive and the waitress didn’t tell us. We paid $288 for dinner. Geesh.

Great location next to the beach. Awesome staff.

• Deluxe Queen Room

First Rain maker to close to the wall you'r back hit the water temperature control The welcome drink are not honest from ''genious'' booking.com''it's part of the complymentary drink 4 to6 and wish the plane landing before 6 or forget the cocktail even if you pay for that night reservation

• Executive Suite with Sea View

Cleanness of the room must get more attention. Felt a bit used, specially the bed, sofa etc.

Great hotel on excellent location. The executive suite was amazing, straight out of a 60”s movie. Comfortable beds, nice bad room and huge flat screen tv.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Noise. It’s a noisy place. For some reason the front of house staff insist on having the wonderful Latin music ridiculously loud. As a paying, tipping hotel guest I requested they adjust the volume of the music to reasonable level so I could order my food without screaming, and also enjoy the meal. The waitresses obliged, only to be overridden 3x (yes 3!!!!!) by the front of house who would not talk to me. They don’t seem to grasp that the reason why people leave quickly, or as I observed, walk on by or simply arrive and disappear, is that IT’s TOO LOUD! Turn it down a bit guys, you’ll get more clients and therefore nicer people who tip. Now for the ceiling fans. These are industrial grade. They look cool. Really cool. But they are super loud. Coupled to that, if the room under you has their fan on all night, you’ll probably not get any rest. I made the mistake of thinking (because it sounds like background kitchen fan noise) that nobody would be able to endure such noise levels in their own room, and sleep, so it must be external. On checking with reception, they said it’s a known problem. If anyone knows anything about acoustics the noise levels rest around 52-54dB. When the room under 305 has its fan on, they increase to 62bB!!! Seriously. $200+ a night should buy a decent sleep and some respect in the restaurant, even if you are on South beach. I’d say especially if you’re on South Beach. I’d never stay again, and despite the excellent food, would not endure the auditory assault and ignorance of the volume control officer. Wise up Pelicanos, more success is there for the taking.

Great style and design, it’s a unique place with character. Quick walk to beach. Mostly good staff.

• Deluxe Twin Accessible

It's a little bit loudy, even if the windows are facing backyard, but it's an Ocean Drive after all so the loud music is what you can expect.

The location is the main advantage of the Pelican Hotel- famous Ocean Drive, just few steps from the fantastic beaches of Miami South Beach. The hotel itself is a nice, very well designed place. Rooms are cosy and nice. Breakfast is abundant and tasty.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Very expensive parking (valet) We came at 615 pm. Free drinks were to be served at arrival. They told us that was up to 6 pm, which not was told in the printed information we got from booking.com. It took us 15 minutes talking to two persons in the restaurant to convince them to give us the free drinks (then at 6 30 pm.)

Nice breakfast Funny rooms

• Deluxe Queen Room

Staff is not friendly or helpful. I believe it s not a good option for families, especially with small childrens

Very well located. They also offer towels and chairs for using beach

• Deluxe Queen Room

The service in the bar/ restaurant was really inconsistent. sometimes a long trip time to get noticed to be served. We felt the public guests were treated better than those staying at the hotel.

Eggs were great, reception staff really helpful and friendly

• Deluxe Twin Accessible

Right from check in fantastic staff, very accommodating, open, and friendly. Gave me all I needed to enjoy the few hours before my room was ready (stored my luggage safely and assured it'd be taken to the room when ready, gave me beach towel/info, and time to come back). The bed was a little stiff, as expected from other reviews and given that it is hypoallergenic, and pillows a little odd, likely for the same reason (lumpy and stiff). Because of the quirkiness of decor, don't expect traditional room features like drying racks/hangers, etc. Do expect amazing art deco furniture, fixtures, and artwork. Cocktail hour was all you could expect and more. Two restaurant-quality drinks per person, per night for free! Great breakfast during a reasonable timeframe that included several good options. Perfect location, amazing beach access across the street. Beach chairs and towels included. Umbrellas and cabanas for rent on the beach for 20-30 USD/day.

• Deluxe Queen Room

They offered free breakfast but when we sat down to eat they made us wait 20 min before giving us the menu while people walking in from the street got their menu and drinks before us. We valet parked our car and they asked us to call 20 min before coming down. I called 20 min before but when I came down they kept making making excuses saying the car is coming. We ended up waiting for 1 hr outside for the car to come. I was very upset and asked for refund for that day.

Location was great.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Bed was hard and not very comfortable. AC quite noisy but you know what it was in the heart of the Art Deco so this can be forgiven

Right in the middle of ocean drive. Easy to walk to the beach , restaurants and bars. Staff were lovely

• Deluxe Queen Room

Couldn't get a hold of front desk after 12pm, no soap in our room. Little tables were terrible for putting things on. No privacy in bathroom because of window to bedroom area. Bed very hard

Location, staff was friendly, clean and cute

• Deluxe Queen Room

The restaurant staff was very slow to greet, and get refills on drinks. They didn't check on us often, I'm in the restaurant industry and that was a damper on my stay... And there was a language barrier some staff did NOT speak English. The beds were extremely firm. Which I don't particularly care for. And our room was facing another building like 3 feet away so no view of the ocean like I thought I had booked.. $27 for overnight parking/valet. Make sure to give 20-30 mins to get your vehicle!!

Location was great.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The Wi-Fi is intermittent, the air conditioners are old and very loud . The restaurant is nice but you have to be careful of your bill the staff play some tricks with th e amounts you are charged.

The location is great, right on the strip of Miami beach. The rooms all have a theme and the hotel has an art deck theme. The hotel is clean and the rooms are quiet.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Free breakfast offerings were limited and not very good. Bathroom needed to be modernized. Fan in room made a lot of noise.

Location was excellent for access to beach. Great free drink offered in the afternoon. Staff assistance was excellent.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Waiting staff are only interested if they think they're getting a big tip - don't expect a quick service if you're a hotel guest getting free drinks at Happy Hour, even if you ntend to tip generously. Poor breakfast. Expensive for what it is, you're paying for location.

Cool rooms, excellent dinner. The reception staff are excellent and helpful, while the hotel is in a great location. Free access to beds on South Beach is a nice touch.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The property is very dated.. The bed was not very comfortable. But overall a convenient and friendly place to stay at.

Excellent staff and location. Front desk staff - Carlos in particular, was very friendly and accommodating. Excellent shower. Good restaurant. Laura at the restaurant was fantastic and went above and beyond with recomedations for local interesting spots.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

Being in the center of Urban Week and only being warned AFTER booking. Overcrowded street, reductions of the guest benefits (from 2 to 1 free drink during happy hour) and having to pay for every food on the spot and not being able to charge the room (allegedly because of the crowd around urban week)

Close location to the beach, and plenty of restaurants/bars and other nightlife optioks

• Deluxe Twin Accessible

The room was really small for the money. I found dried blood on my pillow case when we first walked in the room. The staff was not all that friendly except for Carlos at the front desk. The free breakfast was a joke and so were the food prices even with the 20% discount when staying at the resort. If you want to eat and not break the bank you have to go away from the beach but then to do that you have to wait 20 minuets to get your car from the valet service.

Location of the hotel in relation to the beach. However, next time we will get a hotel right on the sand.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

You get the beach chair for free, but have to pay 20 dollars for an umbrella.

It was already my third stay at the Pelican. I like the location (steps away from the beach and all the restaurants on Ocean Drive) and the interior design of the rooms. Staff is really helpful, too. When I arrived with an early morning flight, they did everything to get my room ready as soon as possible. Breakfast is delicious, too.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The Front of house staff were rude and unwelcoming, as soon as they knew you were staying at the hotel. If you were a customer off the street you were attended to with open arms

The room was lovely, the welcoming staff were very efficient and polite.

• Deluxe Queen Room

No coffee maker in the room and breakfast served not before 8 am. Slightly noisy toward the weekend because of the beach crowd. Food is very expensive in the area.

Staff very helpful and courteous. Quirky decor but clean and non smoking rooms. Hotel is right across the beach and the park. Complementary two drinks per person during the happy hours. Located in the Art Deco district. 20 minutes from the MIA.

• Deluxe Twin Accessible

AirCon in the room is too noisy!!

Great position! The breakfast included is good. The beach is just 2 steps away. Free wifi connection e free bottles of water everyday.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The room was great, but the pillows weren't comfortable at all. However, there were a lot of them, so you could stack them up, and make them work. Our server at breakfast (at the hotel), wasn't very attentive. He didn't write down our orders (which would have been fine), but our orders were completely wrong. He didn't really come back and check on the food, and it took us 20 minutes to flag him down (because he was nowhere to be seen) to stay our bill. However, the food was excellent, the menu had a great selection included in the price, and we would definitely choose to stay here when we come back.

Location was perfect, everything was within walking distance. Was upgraded to suite with a view, without being asked. It was beautiful, and really made the trip extra wonderful. It was unexpected and had a great view, I would definitely come back and spend the extra money for this room. Breakfast was amazing. Had a sit down menu instead of a typical continental breakfast, that was included with the price. It was all made to order, and you could choose additional items off of the menu for non-hotel guests. The towels and chairs included in the room were a treat, especially since we forgot our beach towels at home!

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Deluxe Twin Accessible

Bed was tougher than expected. Certain times the servers did not initially give 20% off.

The Hotel has many perks and exceeded my expectations. Would most definitely stay again.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Coffee is the only option for breakfast, everything else you have to pay. As I'm allergic to coffee I asked for a tea instead. It was possible, but each waiter had different instructions and each needed to ask the manager whether it is possible or not. Breakfast is little smaller, but enough to get you going.

Great Hotel at South Beach, I don't think any hotel nearby can beat what they offer. Beautiful rooms - each with a special vibe, turn down service. Free 2 bottles of premium bottled water each day delivered to your fridge. Free beach towels. Free beach chairs with mattresses - but you have to pay for an umbrella. Free, beautiful, served breakfast - but the portion for adult men can be smaller. And of course 2 free alcoholic drinks per day during 4PM - 6PM. Just awesome. Thank you for a great stay.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Deluxe Twin Accessible

No bath. Hard matras, I like a softer bed. Not very big meals -the included breakfast- but the food was good! No coffee maker in room or free coffee all day for guests. Only at breakfast free refill (American coffee, cappuccino is surcharged) Quite expensive hotel when you stay more than a few days.

Trendy design hotel but still very personal, in service, space and location, right on the middle of Art Deco part of MIami Beach. Very close to the beach, free beach towel & chairs and even free beach wifi :) The over all feel & look are great, staff +++ Silent A/C, great water pressure and facilities such as shampoo etc. When traveling alone like me: tip from desk guy when cruising from Port Everglades: book shared ride van to Fort Lauderdale Airport then take taxi ($15,- ) to ship (a shared ride is $35-45 and a taxi from MB to Port Everglades' $75-95! + tip)

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

The size of the room was smaller than the photos portrayed.... Everything was as picutured but they made the room seem bigger than it was...and there is a $15 a day resort fee plus a $150 incidental charge... You get it back after 3 days of your check out

I like location we were directly across the street from south beach...there were tons of clothing and food places even night clubs in walking distance...breakfast is included 2 free drinks at happy hour for every guest...they provide towels and beach chairs

• King Suite with Ocean View

Minor issue with booking when we arrived - reservation not showing up on the hotel system despite being active on booking.com, but staff were able to resolve and luckily our room was still available.

Fantastic decor around the hotel, friendly and accommodating staff, great atmosphere and perfect view!

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Deluxe Twin Accessible

Loud folks outside at night/late afternoon. Outside terrace could be more quiet in terms of music (tune down music a bit, please) to enable for meaningful conversation of your guests.

Great location right on Lummus Park. Excellent breakfast (i.e., great chef in kitchen!). Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

Couldn't understand the tipping. 20% added to bills with an extra space for further tips. Really satisfied with service so would instead of adding to bill would leave extra by way of cash. Still don't know if this was the right way to do it. Being European might be the problem !

Quietness of room away from Ocean Drive bustle, in the middle of everything. 2nd visit to hotel , all good, would definitely go again.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

staffs are very rude, the hotel is old and very small very limited breakfast choises

The location of the hotel is great free towel and beach chair is very convenient

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

The deals you see are not necessarily the deals you get there are hidden fees that were not told by this sight and not told to us until the 3rd day of our trip - this was offputting - the place is great, the staff is great and if they were just more forthcoming about resort fees etc would have been amazing

The staff was amazing all so friendly and welcoming - the restaurant was great food very fresh and nice and the room was great larger than expected and a very comfortable bed - right on the beach and amazingly quite in the rooms

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Noisy air conditioning No swimming pool & no gym Although breakfast is included you have to pay for everything exceeding 9 dollars plus tax plus service fee Overpriced for what you get Have to pay 37 dollars for valet parking per night

• Deluxe Queen Room

The ceiling fan was way to loud to sleep. But that's a little thing

Location was perfect. Room was clean and perfect size for two. Food was fantastic and staff was very nice

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Deluxe Twin Accessible

This part of Ocean Drive has gone completely bonkers. If very loud music going on all day and night, people harassing you constantly for 'happy hour', breakfast, lunch etc., bad quality food and the folk that are attracted to it is your thing; go for it! If you like some sophistication, elegance & style and a quiet night sleep; RUN!

The view from room 203 over the ocean was absolutely fantastic!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

Everyone else received white towels for the beach and we received blue strip towels. Because we were black? The people manning the chairs on the beach, asked us why she had done that. Racists? Breakfast we had to pussle as only certain amount of dollars was allocated for breakfast. No coffee in rooms.

The one waitress was sooooo sweet to us on our last morning. Forgot her name.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

• Deluxe Twin Accessible

Not a big deal, but the total ended up being $10 more than what we were quoted on booking.com, even though we had accumulated no extra charges during our stay

The location is excellent and the breakfast is tasty

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

The hotel bands that you have to wear a a little big & uncomfortable.

Really loved the art deco decoration & room. The bed was very comfy & even though we were in the thick of the nightlife, it didn't disturb us (we were on the top floor though). The happy hour free cocktails were also a bonus & as well as discount on food & drink being hotel guests. Location great too.

• Deluxe Queen Room

This hotel has no parking. Valet parking is available for $25.00 extra. The location is fantastic with plenty of dining and entertainment available right out the door.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

Room service lacking. No ice machine only gave cups of ice you had to pick up your self at the main bar

Great service from start to finish. Great hotel with different themes for each room.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

No complaints!

Our stay at the Pelican was phenomenal. The staff at the hotel and restaurant were incredibly welcoming and accommodating. Our room was funky, clean, and the bed and sheets were ultra comfortable. The location is perfect and we didn't hear any of the sounds of late night South Beach from our room. We ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the hotel (great breakfast discount for guests!) and all was delicious.The towels and free beach gear also made a big difference. Thank you, Pelican! Can't wait to see you again!

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Deluxe Twin Accessible

Room was dusty. Heard music all night and couldn't sleep. Allowed beach chairs, but could only use until 5 pm.

Staff was great, especially Carlos at the front desk. Location in the heart of south beach. Breakfast and evening cocktails.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

Pricing on the hotel and all the extra service fees and 25$ a day for parking. Since we stay in the hotel it should be maybe 15-20$ a day would be better.

Pillows were comfy and the alcohol drinks were good.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Deluxe Twin Accessible

Air conditioning is awed illy noisy. Room is small. Food at the onsite Restaurant is not good. Says breakfast is included but it's only $9 credit from the menu. Don't let that fool you.

Good location just cross street from the beach

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

Phone didn't work, kitchen had some mechanical problems limiting menu choices a couple days & drinks were very expensive after bonus 2, but overall nice stay & we"ll def be/go bk.

Great location, dated but retro-ish--the Art Deco thing; met expectation & no fee surprises. Easy in & out, convenient to everything incl Lincoln Rd.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

The bathroom had a sink leakage problem. But that didn't affect our stay. Just a nuisance.

Location was great! Free breakfast, happy hour drinks and free chairs made the trip great so convenient. Shower water pressure was great (rarely happens in Miami). We will back here for our next trip to Miami.

Everything was awesome!

The staff was the best ever!

• Deluxe Queen Room

My room floor was dirty. Had them clean the room once. Tipped. Asked them to clean floor never did.

Location is great.

• King Suite with Ocean View

NOISE very late at night.

Amazing period room with view of ocean and street

Browse Pelican Hotel traveller photo gallery