Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Portland - Beaverton 3 stars

15402 NW Cornell Road, Beaverton, OR 97006, USA

#1 of 10 hotels in Beaverton

The bed was uncomfortable The sink area is not blocked off so when you turn lights on they shine on the person in bed trying to sleep.

The breakfast and lounge.

• Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Someone was smoking and it came through our vents and we had to change rooms at 2am~The cleaner boss was rude someone need to teach her good customer service skills~we did not know that it was a policy to leave the room when they are cleaning it~They kept getting our payment messed up but overall it was nice~2 thumbs up for the waitress she was very nice~

The hotel was nice and clean and next to everything

• Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I had to leave my room while my room was cleaned, and I just wanted to sit in the corner and read. I wasn’t dressed because I wanted a chill day. But the cleaning lady said I couldn’t be in the room while she cleaned. It was inconvenient, and a little unnerving.

The room was fabulously roomy, the staff were consistently friendly, and the facility was clean and pleasant.

The bathroom could do with updating and the headboard was wicker and creaked.

The room was really big with a comfortable sofa and work area. There was a TV in that area and one in front of the bed. The room was clean.

• Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We are Hilton gold members and we picked this hotel because it is spring break and I had my son and his friend we were excited to be able to go swimming in the pool and the pool was broke down and not inservice. No where on the website did it state the pool was not working and my stay was not refundable If we canceled to say the least my kids were extremely disappointed being that we drove all the way from bend and being able to swim was the reason for this hotel.

I wanted a room near the pool and didn’t get that And it would get too warm in the rooms at night

Staff was so welcoming and friendly very respectful honestly i have never seen staff quite like them i was amazed

The bathtub was cracked, and when I took a shower I was worried it would get damaged further. I notified them when we checked out. It seemed like it had been damaged for awhile.

Our room was very spacious and quiet.

The pillows could have been bigger and a little softer. I found one pillow too low and two pillows too high. I did wake up with a sore neck. Also, the fan in the bathroom was really loud . . . . . .

The beds were comfy. We were given the option to have our room cleaned after our first night’s stay. We had booked for two nights only so we declined to have the room cleaned but we did request clean towels from housekeeping and got them with no problem.

We had requested an accessible room for my 92 year old father. It was located as far as possible from the door.

Warm cookies 🍪 on arrival was just the 1st step in a perfect stay.

Cody Clark at the check in desk was exceptional. He was professional, warm, kind, considerate, accommodating and made our check in very pleasurable. He provided a most positive customer service experience by just being himself.

I was locked out my room on Saturday after staying two nights. This was highly disappointing. Booking or double tree didn’t call me to let me know they was going to charge my card. I initially was told I could pay in cash at checkout. This was very bad.

The breakfast was good. The staff was helpful.

I wish that I get connected room since I was with my kids and have 2 rooms

Every thing was peefect. My kids they like the welcome Cockies. It was very fresh

• Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Key card was deactivated. Spoke with front desk clerk, she told me my card was denied (ended up being a mistake on the hotel's part) and said "you need to bring me another card". I pointed out to her that to get her a new card I would need to get into my room and I couldn't do that unless she activated my key card. Common sense. She rudely activated it, making sure to tell me, "this is temporary". I went to my room, phoned the credit card company. They reassured me there was no issue with the credit card and to ask the hotel to re-run the card. I did so and it went through. The clerk stated, "must have been a problem on THEIR end". The entire trip was good except for my interaction with that individual.

• Premium King Room

Wi-Fi appeared to be intermittent, but we didn't ask for help.

Clerks & other staff members were friendly and helpful, bed was comfortable, room was clean and complimentary coffee and cookie snack were good. Television was easy to operate.

Wish the room had two tv's we had two queen beds and a sofa bed. Adults wanted to watch something different from what the kids wanted.

Indoor heated pool! Good size room Everything was clean Jacuzzi

With the price we paid per night, I wish it came with breakfast just like the other Hilton hotels we stayed in. And I wish they were a little more generous with their cookies:) there were nine of us and they would only give us like four or five cookies...we asked once a day to take with us when we went out, a good treat to have while exploring the city:)

Part of the reason we like to stay at the double tree is because of their cookies:) the kids also enjoyed the pool:) the room was pretty comfortable!

• Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There weren't enough people working on breakfast. I wasn't made aware breakfast was extra until we had already eaten. The man in charge of breakfast came to our table to find out how we'd pay for our breakfast. I gave him our room number. About 10 mins later, he asked again and was told again our room number. He didn't return (and we couldn't see him anywhere) so we started to leave. He literally chased us down the hallway because we hadn't paid! When we told him we'd given him our room number twice before, he said he'd comp us this one time. Seriously?! Needless to say, we didn't eat there again. They need someone getting this info as guests arrive for breakfast.

Nice beds, fairly quiet, very good breakfast (tho at a charge), pleasant, helpful staff.

Free breakfast and Wi Fi are standard at similar hotels. Here, despite a $150 price point, breakfast was not free and you have to sign in for HHilton Honors points for free WiFi. That's just no longer acceptable.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Not being informed it was a pet friendly hotel and signs of the animals were evident in the hotel and our room. Staff told us at checkout they could relocate us to a different floor next time. Very disappointing.

I was happy we were staying at a Hilton property

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Our 'Booking Confirmation" document from Booking.com stated: 'Benefits because you’re a Genius:...Hotel policies...Internet...WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.' When I tried to use the WiFi, there was a paywall charging for the service (unless you were a Hilton Hhonors member— then it was free.) The evening front desk staffer was adamant that WiFi was only free for Hilton Hhonors members at this property and that Booking.com had made an error in stating that it was free. It happened that I'd signed up for Hilton Hhonors membership after booking this stay, so I was able to get the current WiFi code. Still, DoubleTree by Hilton Portland - Beaverton and Booking.com need to get on the same page about this amenity.

The young man at the front-desk who checked us in was very efficient and friendly.

You had to pay $10 for breakfast. The breakfast was what you would expect for a free breakfast at a hotel. The food was good but it wasn't $10/person good. If it were free for guests I would have said given it a better score for "vaue for your money". Location was nice but wouldn't recommend if you were relying on public transportation.

Clean. Friendly staff. Comfortable bed with lots of room. 24 hour pool/hot tub for people 18+. Quiet location for a peaceful night sleep.

On check in I was told that Breakfast was served in the area across from check in. I was not told that it was ten dollars per person. I thought when they said this that it was included in the price. The price sign there, I thought was for people not staying at the hotel.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Old hotel, not updated, uncomfortable environment, very uncomfortable bed maybe worse I've experienced, room was really gross not even very clean, the bar ( lol ) no not even! Absolutely will not ever stay again..

Cookies..

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Every was perfect, but the staff that I came into contact with at the front desk for check in and check out, and the staff working the excellent buffet style breakfast were well above average. I will be back!

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Although the property is a Doubletree it looks like it was a hotel they took over and have yet to fully refurbish. The room and building need to be renovated. The age of the building is apparent. Even though they have tried to update the surface with new furniture and lobby. Rooms need updating.

Breakfast was great. Staff was super - especially our check in guy - Timothy. Who was in training, but friendlier, more accommodating & helpful than most hotel staff we have dealt with. Give him a raise! Parking was safe, free and always a spot. Great family restaurants close by. Easy access to the zoo & Children's Museum.

The photos made the rooms look more luxurious than they were. The bathroom and room entry were very drab. I couldn't get the hairdryer to work and the toilet plugged up. There were no towel racks in the bathroom.

The bed was very comfortable and everything was very clean. Maid service was very good.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Premium King Room

The staff was amazing the helped us so much. We stayed in the hotel due to an emergency and were not prepared to stay overnight. They gave us toothpaste and toothbrushes deodorant and combs. Very compassionate staff

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Because we had gone through booking.com we were told that the price couldn't be adjusted even though we had ants in one of our rooms. Booking.com also said breakfast was included and the hotel staff disagreed with this.

Nice, comfortable and good sized beds. Modern, up to date decor. Excellent sized rooms. The staff was flexible to my families specific needs

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

No breakfast was included in room rate.

Clean, beautiful rooms. Wonderful staff, warm cookies when you check in. Water bottles in room. In room coffee.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Lingering construction, workers and noise. Additionally, the holiday traffic around Washington Square can be a real challenge. As a result, we somewhat plan our route and timing, to and from the hotel, during heavy traffic periods, although every hotel in this area faces the same issue.

We stay here regularly, usually 3-4 times each year. The recent renovation is nice. Without a doubt however, its the location and staff however, that keep us coming back.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Executive King Suite

Staff was amazing! Beautiful rooms, excellent breakfast. And they bake cookies for the quests so the entire lobby smells like fresh home baked cookies. We will definitely be coming back.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

I ordered room service breakfast and it didn't come in the time I picked. I had to get to work and check out so I never got it. Not sure if I was charged for it or not but wish they would have been a little more timely!

Great hotel, very nice staff and clean

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Queen Suite

This had nothing to do with y'all there was a person that was in the breakfast area that was picking things out with his fingers and I had told the person that was working in the bar to let him know kinda turned us away from the breakfast bar that had nothing to do with y'all maybe putting notes in letting people know that you can't use your fingers to get food you need to use the proper tools but that was the only problem . There was no problem with anybody working there or anything of the sort everything else was great

Everyone was so nice and it was a pleasure to talk to each and everyone of them that were there for the evening and the next day a joy to talk to

• King Room - Disability Access

Portland hotels are always expensive, but it is a good deal for the location.

The bed was comfortable, and it is conveniently located to downtown without being in downtown.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

The location of our room. If I had known ahead that we got the worst room in the whole place and couldn't change rooms, I would have never stayed there. The window to the room was next to the incoming lower level door, the elevator ran right next to our room, and the laundry ran right next to our room. They told us that because we booked with Booking.com that they were unable to change our room. I will go directly to the motel/hotel from now on.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Add another waste basket or two: under the sink and by the bed.

Very comfy & stylish furniture, and I loved the small kitchen appliances provided. Wonderful floor plan with areas for sleep, work, lounging, and even light food preparation. I felt at home immediately!

The rooms are dated , but clean.

The staff was very friendly at all times. Gas station not far away. Quiet. Kid friendly!! Felt safe. Had a great mini vacation while on business. I would return to this hotel.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

More hangers in closet.

The staff was to a person, very friendly and helpful. Chloe and Cody went out of their way to help us with directions, and suggestions. Dining room staff very efficient and hospitable.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Paying for there breakfast in the hotel. Every other hotel has the same breakfast for free or as included with the booking. Not happy about the extra $20 to eat, when we seen many other guest getting there breakfast for free.

The 24 hour pool. And the comfy comfy big bed!!!

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

The rooms thermostat wouldn't go below 65 degrees so I slept completely terrible. Nothing they could do and they were like oh well.

Clean, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I absolutely LOVE the cookies! The check in and check out process was a breeze! The room was in perfect condition and the staff was amazing and very accommodating! This is the 2nd time my husband and I have stayed at this Double Tree and will most definitely be staying there again on our next trip!

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Executive King Suite

Need to have a real coffee pot and a small sink in the kitchen area. I don't like washing dishes in a bathroom sink!more trash receptacles or bigger ones. The ones now tiny.

We enjoyed the layout of the suite. Seemed roomy especially as we had our two little dogs with us!

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Executive King Suite

The staff was extra nice. My hubby got sick and we needed an extension on our check out time, which they allowed. It was very helpful. Had nice lobby food bar with coffee. Served lunch and had a great happy hour.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

I thought there was a pool when I booked. Is there? I didn't see one. Also, a small free breakfast would make this a better deal.

Roominess and decor of the suite. Very nice accommodations. We felt comfy. A good feeling to have away from home.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

They could have handed out more cookies. We each got one, two would have been nice. :)

They had a bar and we could take our drinks back to the room. It was later in the evening so that was nice. Good, clean, fresh room topped off by nice staff.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

We thought everything was perfect for our needs.

Great location for visiting family living close by, very quiet and comfortable room, loved the young man making espresso coffees in the a.m.

Price

Staff

Tight bathroom.

Bed is comport.

Nothing, to be honest.

Very friendly staff. Clean and quiet facility.

For the price, I was expecting a larger sitting area, and the fitness area is tiny. But the beds were great.

Convenient to main roads, short drive to downtown

Did not eat at hotel. With 3 kids it was too expensive

Pillows were toooo soft.

Front desk staff was great!

The bed was super soft and comfortable and the shower had great water pressure.

• Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Everything was great, soft beds

Very friendly staff

• Executive King Suite

I thought everything was great!!!

All was good!

Great location near highways. Friendly, helpful staff.

No hooks to hang towels. Only one garbage can in room. Breakfast pricey

Very comfortable. So many amenities

There are not really things I did not like.

Breakfast and room - big, clean, with couch.

Hot tub was a little dirty, but pool was very clean.

Clean, fresh smelling, friendly, and yummy cookies!

• King Room - Disability Access

• Executive King Suite

Hot tub could have been warmer.

The bathroom was super small

The bed was super comfortable. And the staff were super nice and friendly.

Breakfast was excellent! Beds were extremely comfortable. Staff was friendly and accommodating!

Not enough gluten-free options at breakfast

Staff was very helpful and friendly

Hallway noise was a little loud.

Really friendly staff, large clean room with all the basics.

Cleaningless and professionalism

Thanks to the staff's help, I was able to get my parcel that I ordered through Amazon to my room.

Pool was too cold

My room was right across from ice machine, which made ice all night. Was a bit noisy.

Comfy bed, microwave and refrigerator were great to have.

The access to freeway was excellent. Everything was super.

Location of motel

Location - there is nothing at walking distance.

Great staff, clean pool, good breakfast.