Reviews of Pier 5 Hotel Baltimore, Curio Collection by Hilton 4 stars

711 Eastern Avenue, Inner Harbor, Baltimore, MD 21202, USA

#34 of 78 hotels in Baltimore

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Will stay again if the opportunity arises.

It stormed for a short period and our room leaked water at the sliding door. Manager was going to contact us but never did.

Great location, easy to get around. Shuttle was a bonus but was an easy walk from Fell's Point. Front desk staff very helpful!

Generally good experience. No major issues.
    • King Room with Balcony and Harbour View

Poor/inaccurate information on website. No bathrobe, no cold water in sink or shower, For the price, room could come with a small fridge .

Location was great as was the view. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

I always have a great stay.
    • Standard King Room

The Hotel is very nice, but could use some TLC. The wood furnishings could use some updating.

I always have a great stay. The beds are super comfy, the jacuzzi is everything, staff super friendly and they offer a lot of free things for their guests. Can’t wait to go back

Ditto
    • King Room with Harbor View

I said all I wanted in the previous "box." My bad.

We loved the location of our room with a very nice view of the harbor. The room was very clean, but there were issues. I'm used to "cheaper" hotels, but have become used to having a fridge and microwave in the room. We were a bit disappointed because we wanted to keep some items cold and we wanted to have popcorn while watching a movie. The workmanship in the bathroom was sloppy with poor painting and a loose toilet seat that I could not tighten. The plumbing allowed only warm water to flow from the faucet late at night, though it worked properly during the day. There should be no "cross-flow" to allow this in any properly plumbed facility. In spite of any shortcomings, we enjoyed our stay and would stay there again in the future.

I expected a nicer stay for the money.
    • Standard King Room

There was no place to park because the lots near the hotel were full and we had to pay for parking once they found a spot. There was no continental breakfast. It was 10.00 for cold cereal and 15.00 for an egg. Also the hotel shuttle was offered but what they didn’t tell us was that it was only limited to their other hotels, nothing else in the area. There was tile missing in our bathroom and the lamp switch was broken so we couldn’t use it.

The location where almost everything was in walking distance IF you didn’t want to venture out. Unfortunately we could not walk to Camden Yards or the casino because they were too far. We didn’t want to loose our parking space so we didn’t drive.

The bed was comfortable.

Room was dingy and not well maintained. Paint job was messy, wallpaper was bubbled. Bathroom sink and shower were dirty and old.

The bed was comfortable.

Nothing special except the location.
    • King Room with Harbor View

First I wanted a room with a view of the harbour from my understanding booking.com messed that up. But in all I expected much better interior decor. The room looked cheap.

Very friendly staff, they made the stay worth it, and accomodated me for the disappointment of not getting the room I expected.

Perfect location for a trip to the National Aquarium and Port Discovery Children’s Museum!

My only negative is that balcony of the room we were given looked out onto HVAC equipment. I would have preferred a room with a better view.

The staff was very nice and happy to see our little grandson, even offering him a nerf football when he checked in, and cooking an egg to order for him for breakfast.

Quite nice - perfect location - great staff.

Needs to be more updated. Showing a little wear and tear. There was construction going on, which they need, but the hallways had debris.

Shawn AKA Shawnette was just fantastic. I had an issue with Booking.com and she helped me clear that up and she was super helpful with everything. She gave valuable tips and cleared up a problem. She was a pleasure to deal with. Also - the woman who cooks the omelettes was such a lovely person!

Great tr.
    • King Room with Batch Tub - Mobility Accessible

Great tr. Comfortable hotel and very well located for our trip. Excellent front desk and breakfast staff...thank you for the great omelet Chef Monte!

It was a very clean hotel in a wonderful location
    • King Room with Harbor View

Noise travels in to the rooms very easily. I was able to hear my neighbor through the walls when I was trying to sleep even when it sounded like he was just on the phone. Also due to the layout of the hotel, noises in the morning in the lobby travelled to my room as well. Also really wish that my room had a refrigerator.

It was a very clean hotel in a wonderful location

We will see you next summer!
    • Standard King Room

A few recommendations: A refrigerator in the room would have been really helpful especially with young children. Movie rentals also to help with having children in the room on a rainy day. The pillows on the bed weren't that comfy (and I feel badly saying that because the whole experience was absolutely wonderful!).

We had such a great experience. We go to Pier 5 every summer. Very family friendly. The staff was so accommodating and went above and beyond for us. My husband and I agreed that we wanted to write a glowing recommendation for this property and its staff.

Wasn't told about the breakfast so we missed out.

Couldn't open patio door and hotel is starting to look rundown....

Wasn't told about the breakfast so we missed out....ate at Shirley's Cafe instead....

Great hotel in Baltimore
    • Standard King Room

Had a problem with the billing, but the staff (Shimaka) took care of the problem with one phone call.

Hotel was right on the pier in the heart of the Inner Harbor, close to everything, right on the water.

Great Location for a Hotel

Please read above.

I like the location of the hotel however it is very pricey and parking should be included. I was disappointed how dirty the room was and how quickly I was rushed out before checkout.

For over 200 dollars a night, I expected more.
    • Double Queen Room with Balcony and Harbour View

The shower was blocked and had to be fixed because we were standing above our ankles in dirty water. The sink was slow running as well. They had one paper coffee cup for the Keurig, and obviously had not restocked it, no stirring sticks,etc. They had one wine glass, in inspite of 2 requests did not give us another. The housekeeping, restocking was very poor. The lobby was not really good, and room service was poor.

The bed and the location were excellent

This hotel is located in a a great spot!
    • King Room with Harbor View

The air conditioning unit are a bit old, sound like raining.

This hotel is located in a a great spot! It is right on the pier 5 inside Inner Harbor. In addition, the hotel is only about a 10 minute walk from several restaurants. You are also not that far from downtown, and the free Baltimore public transportation CCC lines. The cons for this hotel are the quality of the room itself and the valet. I was lucky enough to have a harbor view King room, great view. I did not have any issues with the quality of the amenities.

We had a great time around the area! It was nice to park once and explore different things!
    • Standard King Room

I did not like the fact the Hotel breakfast wasn't clear what was included in one price verses the other price. I also didn't like that for the amount of money to provide all items i still had to make my own waffle. I didn't like that the Hotel lobby was were you ate as people came in and out to check in or out. It was to cramped and kinda last minute. We also found that the Hotel doors to the rooms loudly slammed whenever people came in and out of their rooms.

Great Location Walking Distance to Major Attractions - Fantastic Restaurants Close
    • Standard King Room

I didn't like that our room was described as a city view but you opened the door and huge air conditioning units were in our face so we couldn't use the balcony at all. Never stayed in a room in my life with a horrible view like this not warned at all that this is what they considered a "city view". The room was fine as long as you didn't open up the curtain or want to sit outside on a gorgeous morning or evening. I like to do this and it really was a disgrace. Otherwise the bed was very comfy and clean.

Beds were fantastic and the location was next to the concert we were seeing.

It was located in a great area and everything we wanted to...
    • King Room with Balcony and Harbour View

It was located in a great area and everything we wanted to see was within walking distance. We had a balcony room and enjoyed sitting in the balcony watching the activity in the harbor.

Lack of trust in "Booking.com"
    • King Room with Harbor View

On arrival, at 20.00 hrs, we were advised that there was no record of our reservation. The staff at the hotel assisted by phoning other hotels in the vicinity eventually finding accommodation at the "Renaissance" at approx 150.00 dollars more than the price described by "Booking.com". As a result we are unable to provide a review of this hotel. We feel that "Booking.com" let us down badly.

Above my expectations.
    • Standard King Room

Notta. Everything went above my expectations.

I loved that it was pet friendly. The food was out of this world. The view was neat and so much more. The beds were super comfy and the pillows were perfect. Couldn't ask for a better stay for the price!

Great location, but for a mortgage payment you should get more.
    • Large Studio King Suite

1) Noise. Popular wedding reception destination. The first night we stayed at least two going on at the same time. Competing DJ's need I say more? Also right next door is a open air music venue. 2) I thought by paying a little extra make our Baltimore adventure would be a little more special. Not so much. Nothing more than a very clean Hampton Inn. To be fair to Hampton Inn you might at least have a breakfast included in the price.

This place is all about location. Walking distance to all of Baltimore attractions.

Would recommend to everyone, nice, clean rooms and friendly staff.
    • Standard King Room

I didn't like that we had the option of requesting an earlier booking time by about an hour when booking online but when we arrived we were asked for an additional $25 if we wanted to access our room earlier than 4pm. Check in is later than I'm used to, when check out is promptly at noon, for fees charged the stay should be closer to 24 hours than not to not feel a bit of a sting. Breakfast should be included.

The location was great, we did not have a room with a view when booking but the room had a nice view all be it over some air conditioning units on roof but still we were able to wake up to a gorgeous view of the harbor.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Stay here and don't look back.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Include the breakfast for everyone - don't make it a separate expense.

This is a stellar location for anyone traveling to the Baltimore inner Harbor. Parking is easy and valet is available and you can walk everywhere, even to the stadiums. I will stay here the next time I am attending an event in the city. Moreover, if you are looking to maximize your time in the hotel, you will not fine better in house restaurants for dinner.

Disgusted with this hotel
    • Standard King Room

I have never gone out of my way to write a review for anything but after my stay here I need to. First of all the room was dirty. They came to clean the room and didn't change sheets and the sheets on the bed had hole in them. Hotel also messed up reservation, saying we only booked for one night, instead of the two nights I had booked. After my first night here I received a voicemail from hotel staff saying I still had my belongings in my room and check out was at 12. Once this was cleared up, I returned to my room to find the same sheets on my bed (I knew they were the same sheets because of the hole in the sheets). I find it disgusting that they didn't change the sheets considering they had us in the system to check out that day. Shower didn't drain and duct tape was used on broken objects in the room (table legs and picture frames). The location of the hotel was the only good part about this hotel. Don't be fooled by the pictures, you won't have a balcony, it's sliding doors that open up to a railing (even though it was requested on my reservation specifically to have a room with a balcony). If I could give this hotel 0 stars I would.

Give people some eggs and COFFEE OK????
    • King Room with City View

We were not able to get a breakfast. The hotel wasn't full but we were told since we used a third party,no food except for 15$.we were astounded since we still paid 300$ CHEAP-NOT GOOD.

Only location

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Outstanding and wonderful stay at Pier 5!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pier 5 was the best place I ever stayed at!. The room was big, comfortable and felt like home. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. I loved the chocolate fountain on Saturday and Crabby Hour during the week. The breakfast had everything you could want. I would definitely recommend your facility to others

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Pier 5 Hotel Review
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I did not like the high cost of parking. I did not like that the room did not match the pictures I saw prior to making my reservations and I did not like that you do not allow AARP discounts.

The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was delicious

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Disppointed after many years of visiting property
    • King Room with City View

We arrived later than expected. There was no assistance with the luggage. We had to carte everything to our room by ourselves. No help

Facility is nice.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Decor.

More time to stay lol

Decor. Bed was super comfortable Easy to manage room temp Close proximity to great restaurants. From greeting curbside to check out A-1 experience

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Location is great. Overpriced for what you get though.
    • King Room with City View

The cleaning crew failed to replace dirty hand towels and wash clothes two of the three days I stayed there. I had to ask for them. The elevator was EXTREMELY slow. You have to use your room key card on the elevator to get to the third floor from the lobby. Half the time, the card would not work (had to have it replaced). There was no easy way to use the stairs to go down to the lobby. No free hotel parking. You have to pay $23/day ($38/day valet) for parking in a nearby public parking lot. No continental breakfast - you have to pay for EVERYTHING. No on-premises pool or gym.

The location was great and the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Very nice, friendly and great location.
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbor View

I think this sentence "Cozy guestrooms at the Pier 5 Hotel feature free bottled water, wireless internet access..." on the Booking.com page is misleading. In fact the 'free wifi' comes with the guest service fee of $9.95, which also includes the 'free' bottle of water (not used), newspaper (never had one) and other things like the coffee maker and use of FAX and printer. Anyone use faxes anymore? A lot of the fixtures and fittings are quite dated.

Staff were ALL really great, friendly and fell over themselves to be helpful, big thumbs up. The breakfast, though quite pricey, was great. Room was very comfortable, though fixtures n fittings a bit dated. Loved the view from my balcony and the location of the hotel is just perfect. On the whole heartily recommended, though note the negative comments about the 'free' wifi etc.

Good place
    • Double Queen Room with Balcony and Harbour View

The balcony floors

They left a delicious treat in the mini fridge for my daughters birthday.

The staff were friendly and helpful

The staff were friendly and helpful

• Standard King Room

It was the perfect location.

The room was not the cleanest. We found hair in the bathroom that did NOT belong to us.

It was the perfect location.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Staff very friendly.

Parking

Staff very friendly. Room clean.

• King Room with Balcony and Harbour View

The mattress was pretty hard!

Great location. Very friendly staff.

The staff was very helpful and polite.
    • Standard King Room

The staff was very helpful and polite. Enjoyed the happy hour!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

great location, service and ambiance

everything

Overall we had an outstanding experience.
    • King Room with Harbor View

Wish that there would have been a fridge in the room.

I love the location of the hotel and the room is worth the price.

Great service and a friendly staff.
    • Standard King Room

A refrigerator in the room would have been nice.

Great service and a friendly staff.

Beautiful hotel.

Nothing I didn’t like.

Beautiful hotel.

great stay
    • Large Studio King Suite

that the breakfast was so expensive for what you got. there is no way you eat that must breakfast.

that the hotel has breakfast

Location Location Location!
    • Standard King Room

No mini refrigerator in the room.

Location Location Location! Also, free happy hour with wine beer and light eating

There is nothing not to like about staying here.
    • King Room with Harbor View

There is nothing not to like about staying here. Location, staff, facilities are all very good and as advertised

Very comfortable
    • Standard King Room

The parking lot wouldn’t read card had to call attendant, took few minutes and there was a line.

How close it was to everything

Bit disappointed for the cost
    • King Room with Harbor View

Little Spartan accommodations for the price.

Good bedding,clean room

We only stayed one night, would like to stay longer next time.
    • Standard King Room

Water temperature in the shower was not easily controlled. It was either scalding or too cold.

Very comfortable bed.

Overpriced and uncomfortable 😣
    • Standard King Room

The hotel needs a face lift

Too out dated, overpriced.

Super friendly and helpful staff, immaculate and comfortable rooms, excellent value.
    • King Room with Batch Tub - Mobility Accessible

Monte made my eggs to perfection, just the way I asked.

Beautiful
    • King Room with Harbor View

Everything. The staff was so awesome. Check in painless. Check out easy. Great view wonderful night.

I loved Baltimore. I would like to come back.

Everything was so close to walk.

Pillows were very uncomfortable

Pillows were very uncomfortable

Decent breakfast offered buffet style.

Decent breakfast offered buffet style... Omelet chef was AWESOME!

Hilton Honors deleted my account

Hilton Honors deleted my account

This hotel was recommended to me and I am happy to pass on that recommendation
    • Standard King Room

Nice size rooms. Helpful staff. Safe area to walk around. Right next to harbour.

We loved the location of the hotel, since we were able to...
    • King Room with Harbor View

We loved the location of the hotel, since we were able to walk to everything.

• Standard King Room

The room next door had too many kids

• Standard King Room

Breakfast was not complimentary; parking expensive

Happy Camper
    • Standard King Room

No restaurant inside the hotel.

I like the modern look of the hotel and the location.

no microwave or pool

Staff was very friendly and courteous.
    • Standard King Room

I didn't like that I had to pay $24 to park.

Staff was very friendly and courteous. Convenient location.

Would stay there again
    • King Room with City View

Shower was not quite up to par.

Location, staff and restaurant were great.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Great location and staff!
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbor View

Hotel is looking worn. Needs a rehab.

Staff was very friendly and the location is great. Afternoon snack was very good.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Great place to stay!
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbor View

Rude staff regarding tea in lobby.

Breakfast by room service.

Wonderful stay.
    • King Room with Harbor View

The staff was wonderful very accommodating .

The staff went above and beyond to help us with whatever we...
    • King Room with Balcony and Harbour View

The staff went above and beyond to help us with whatever we needed!! Excellent customer service for sure!!!!

No discount off parking

No discount off parking

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

No help with area restaurants, attractions or directions

No help with area restaurants, attractions or directions

I can't believe they have Murphy beds!!!!
    • King Room with City View

The bed was awful!!! They gave me two little Murphy beds. We woke up with back aches

The room was spacious and had a balcony

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Wonderful

Nothing not to like

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Refrigerator in room would be nice

Refrigerator in room would be nice

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Friendly staff and a warm inviting place to rest.
    • King Room with City View

Having to evacuate for a brief period of time. That was scary.

The wine and sushi rolls were very wonderful.