Reviews of Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven 3 stars

190 Old Gate Lane, Milford, CT 06460, USA

#5 of 11 hotels in Milford

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access with Tub

No problems at all ~~

We stayed here 3 years ago with our friends on a trip celebrating retirement. We liked it so much we were glad to be able to return. The breakfast is a big plus here, with excellent food and such a nice variety. It is also very quiet after a full day of travel and gives great access to the wonderful Milford/New Haven area.

• High Floor Two Doubles, Sofabed

We looked for the folding "thing" you put your luggage on to unpack, and we found it in the closet, broken. It was missing a screw to hold the legs up. I brought it to the front desk and they promptly sent up a working one. The only other thing worth noting, is that the room was a suite with two double beds and a fold-out sofa. The distance between the bed and the wall of the bathroom was tiny and annoying to walk past. Fortunately, it only affected the one person who was sleeping on that side of the bed closest to the windows.

The room was fabulous. I also liked that the heating/air conditioning controls were on the wall across the room from the window unit so the temperature was much better controlled than has been my experience with window HVAC units which have the controls on the units themselves.

I prefer an extra blanket at night but that was no problem and easily supplied

The best breakfast which is my standard comparison. All the staff were sincerely friendly and helpful After traveling a lot this year, they stood out above all others

My room was across the hall from the ice maker. This was horrible, because the door let a lot of sound. I heard every cube drop. The breakfast isn't as good as it was when it first opened.

Nice, big room. Though the property is fairly new, it's showing its age (worn furniture, etc.) I've stayed here a lot because of the location and the price.

• Two Double Beds

What I didnt like was that booking.com said pay later when you get to the hotel and it wasn't like that, they called me from the hotel saying that there was a problem and that I had to make a payment before checking in I explained that in booking .com said press the option to pay later at the hotel and I did but that didnt work ,I had to pay the full balance before I even arrived to the hotel ....unbelievable

I loved it

The breakfast was okay, not great. We only ate there on the 1st morning and decided to eat out the other mornings.

The employee that greeted me at check in was very friendly and welcoming. He was personable and engaging. The hotel smelled amazing!!! The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. At check out, I received the same as when we checked in. Very friendly and amazing! Love it!

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Upper Floor

The only problem was they can use a humidifier in the rooms to nuturalize the dry heat. Didn't sleep great because of that. I have sinus problems.

Everything was awesome! A plus plus plus!

• Two Double Beds

The room was nice but may I suggest not putting the vanity and sink outside the bathroom. I woke my daughter up because I had to put the lights on to get ready. The vanity is right across from the bed.

Easy to find location.

• King Room - Disability Access with Tub

There was no microwave in the room, had to use the one in the dinning area

The room was overly large for 1 guest, not complaining tho, enjoyed the space, staff were friendly, i enjoyed the breakfast.

Booked with booking.com, but when I showed up they had no reservation for me. Not a big deal, we still got a room, but would have been a quicker process had they had my res on file Heat was funny to operate. Wall thermostat was easy to use, but even with it set fairly high a blast of cold air would come out of the unit every so often. The bed was very close to the unit so you would get a gust of cold air blow right onto the bed. Once the room was up to temp, we shut the heat off completely to eliminate this issue. No luck there, even with the thermostat set to off, we would still randomly get a blast of cold air every so often. Very annoying. Would have been a non issue if it wasn’t so close to the bed, but it really did make it uncomfortable for us.

Clean, modern

• King Room - Disability Access with Tub

The room is comfortable and very spacious. The building must have previously been a senior facility or something like that as there were still grab bars everywhere in the bathroom. My husband didn’t like the reminder that someday, he will be in one himself.

They charge a 150.00 deposit when you check in after you paid a non refundable payment, so you have no choice but to pay it. You don't get your money back for 3 to 5 days

• Two Double Beds

Staff at check out. No accommodations since we would miss the breakfast

Line to check in. Check out was a pain. The printer wouldn't work and I had to wait a while and got no receipt. Hallway to rooms was extremely hot and unbearable.

• Two Double Beds

there was nothing complementary, not even water. the hotel is not in central place so its very disappointing to pay more than 200$ per night and do not get even a bottle of water. (they suggested we buy it for around 2$......) no personal touch from the staff, just common hello, we already charged your card.... so overall, a pity as a place is new and has potential

specious room, there is a sofa which makes it more comfortable; good breakfast; clean

No safe for valuables in room. Air con unit noisy when on and needed to be switched off at night to help with sleep, but room stayed cool so no real problem, as long as you remembered to switch it back on again in the morning.

Breakfast was nice. Staff very friendly and helpful. Room was comfortable and clean with plenty of space and great large TV. Plenty of room to work in.

• Two Double Beds

We stayed in room 405. Everything else looked very nice and clean with the exception of an extreme amount of BLACK MOLD all around the tub caulking. Unfortunately it didn't fit in with the rest of the rooms nice décor.

It was very roomy and comfortable. Breakfast had good selections and was very tasty.

No reservation on file

I showed up at 11:40pm to find that my reservation made through Booking.com was NOT in the system. confirmation number and email showed to hotel. No record of reservation. We were lucky that a room was available.

The staff was a bit rude. I asked if it was possible to switch rooms because I did not want to be adjacent to the elevator and was told "you won't hear any noise". I felt really belittled in the middle of the crowded lobby.

The room was absolutely huge! It had a king size bed and a couch, plus a small kitchenette with a mini fridge and sink. The carpet was brand new and spotless and the room was in excellent condition overall.

The fan on the ac/ heater unit blew all night even though I turned off at the thermostat .

The way the room was decorated, the friendly staff, the breakfast in the morning was excellent.

Not that I minded, but there is no "view" we were in the back which we were grateful for because we were towing a trailer and was able to look out the window to the back parking lot.

The breakfast spread was awesome! Something for everyone. There was french toast, eggs, southwest home style potatoes, biscuts and sausaget gravy oatmeal wit all the fixings,cottage cheese,fruit and Greek yogurt.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Upper Floor

Had repeated trouble with the TV and room phone both days. This property was not maintained well for the prices they are asking. I expected more from this property and found it to be the least enjoyable Hyatt experience I've ever had.

24 hour food and drinks was excellent

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Two Double Beds

Someone trying to get into my room at 3:00 a.m. Of couse this was NOT something the facility could control, but being female and alone in the room, I was unable to go back to sleep after this happened.

Friendly staff, large room, good location

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Upper Floor

TV and bedside phone didn't work. Staff fixed it but next day, same issue. Ugh. Also breakfast ended at 9:30am on the weekends... Wow, so much for sleeping in :(

Spa hot tub was huge, clean and really awesome!

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Outside lighting pointing directly in the window. Breakfast was disappointing. Milk curdled in coffee. sausage link was cooked thoroughly, odd tasting eggs, all the other patrons were complaining about the quality. We decided to eat the following morning. Starbucks coffee in the evening was disappointing. This comes from someone who drinks Starbucks everyday. Could only drink part of the cup. Very bitter and old tasting!

Nice size room. Clean. Easy check-in. Good water pressure.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Although it clearly mentioned on the booking that non deposit will be charged prior to arrival, I was told that my card was already charged at check-in and they had to take a deposit (even if it was not even 3pm, the regular check-in time), so I could not use the card that I was planning on using for paying.

The spacious design of the room, with couch and kitchenette areas.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

No bedside plugs in most rooms. We moved three times because we require them. It is easy enough to install.

Excellent Staff. Great breakfast. Nice room.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Everything Food was cold, toaster did not work, fruit was sour and was not ripe, and waffles appeared to be thawed (frozen type) and were not cooked. We chose to stay partly for the complimentary breakfast. Breakfast on sight would save traveling time. We wasted time since we had to find a restaurant for breakfast.

Coffee was the only palatable item offered.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• High Floor Two Doubles, Sofabed

Very slow elevator with disturbing buzz as it passes each floor. Fintnees room should be renamed cardio room or add bumbells and a couple of adjustable benches.

Nice room and very comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Upper Floor

Breakfast ended at 9:00 a.m. We were late and got there at quarter till. They continued making food rather than closing. We are from Cali and so breakfast at 6:00 a.m. is not the norm.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Staff was notified of a huge party in a room on our floor which continued until 5am. They gave one warning but never returned to follow up and disband the party. Several guests I had met in the hallway were extremely unhappy and experienced the same night of yelling, slamming doors and loud music. I consider this mismanagement and will choose differently during my next stay in Milford, CT.

Clean.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

We were charged after we checked out for a pillow that we didn't take. We are currently battling to get this returned. This ruined for us what otherwise was an excellent stay. This may prevent us from booking a stay here again in the future.

The rooms were very comfortable and very clean. The staff was very helpful. The breakfast was more than we expected.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• High Floor Two Doubles, Sofabed

That breakfast ends too early for us that like to sleep in while on vacation. Take out dining Options are quite limited. The mattress in the pull out sofa was uncomfortable especially for a long stay. We stayed 5 nights.

Michael at the front desk was very helpful to get us settled in after we checked in. All the staff was so nice and accommodating. The rooms and hotel is so clean! My mom approves!! The food is really good and plentiful at breakfast. The location is great with lots of nearby shopping and dining options. We had a lovely view of the marsh. The rooms were quiet.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

Coffee was weak. I felt really bad for front desk staff who had to stoop and look down constantly while working due to the location of the computer. They are all headed for back problems. Fitness center was minimal.

Rooms were very clean, hotel convenient to downtown as well as interstate, very nice buffet breakfast.

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

Pillows uncomfortable; sofa not clean, very uncomfortable. No coffee free to customers and snacks too expensive

shower pressure was good, good location

breakfast is just okay, not many choice

room is pretty big and comfortable

• Two Double Beds

Somewhat outdated, noisy rooms roadside, too few blankets for bed

Spacious room, good breakfast, clean

Food was awesome !!!! Loved everything .

Room

• Two Double Beds

Food was terriable price was high.

Very nice breakfast. Rooms and lobby decorated smartly.

Everything’s

Air conditioner a bit noisy

Easy check in. Good breakfast.

The cost of products at the front desk.

The location.

• King Room - Disability Access with Tub

Other people staying were loud. On a few occasions

• High Floor Two Doubles, Sofabed

The hot tub was barely working, but the water was still nice and warm.

The breakfast was delicious!!! The kids and hubby really enjoyed it.

The breakfast was awesome

Sketchy area

• Two Double Beds

Internet was sporadic and not 100 % Restaurant was closed was hoping to not have to go back out after check in

Nice check in staff

I did not like the breakfast. Not t enough selections

I liked the size of the room

The location, very clean, and the breakfast

I liked everything

The bed was comfortable

No fridge

Room

• Two Double Beds

I asked for king size bed, but got double bed.

Big living room and pantry , comfortable and clean, staff are so nice.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Upper Floor

The bath tub is smaller then expected.

The breakfast could be better with few more items.

The Shower could of been better

Comforter was stained

• King Room - Disability Access with Shower

People were nice

Cleanliness and Service

They didn't have my booking as I arrived and i had to show the email confirmation from Booking to get a room. No shuttle anywhere.

Location was horrible.

Breakfast was very good!

Location, though conveniently near the highway, was in an industrial area.

Breakfast was very good. Room was spacious.

Na

Clean, friendly. No complaints. Lots of praise.

• High Floor Two Doubles, Sofabed

Big rooms and very good breakfast.

• High Floor Two Doubles, Sofabed

Not a fan of bar, food, everything in lobby

Bed and bedding nice

Easy on off highway

Big rooms and comfortable beds

• High Floor Two Doubles, Sofabed

the only thing i disliked were the comforters on the beds, They seemed a little worn.

Good breakfast

I didn't like the breakfast, limited options.

I liked the peace and quiet and the hotel is clean.

• Two Double Beds

The staff were helpful and cheerful

Everything!

Neighborhood

Comfortable hotel, spacious room

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Upper Floor

Friendly staff even with my late night arrival. Room high, clean, hot water!

Well i would have preferred to have a microwave in the room.

Everything was wonderful!

• King Room - Disability Access with Tub

Mattress is soft that we remember, might be time for new one

Browse Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven traveller photo gallery