Reviews of Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino 4 stars

3667 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas Strip, Las Vegas, NV 89109, USA

#100 of 193 hotels in Las Vegas

6.1

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

Really ugly grey pool area. Strange set up, both family and over 21's pool mostly surrounded by private rental cabanas separated by a large concrete area with sun loungers. Unable to get a lounger by the pool unless you arrive as it opens. Plus bag search to check for external drinks and food however no check to see if your actually staying at the Hotel.

Great location and last minute rate. Room was a really good size with an impressive bathroom & view. Casino one of my favourite on the strip.

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

The shower was bad - it only dispensed cold water unless you held up the lever. If it held itself up it would've been fine.

The location was very central to everything. The room was quite sizable with plenty of space and sitting areas.

• Ultra Resort Room, 2 Queens Non-Smoking

Minimal amenities and no complimentary water. Breakfast only available at Starbucks and amount can be spent is limited to USD 9 per person, and whilst we booked for 3 persons, breakfast voucher is only for 2.

Good location, at the center of the city. Large room with good view. Has mall in the building with many choices of foods.

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

This is the second time we have stayed at Planet Hollywood. We really like facility and the location. The facility was clean and the staff were friendly. The next time, however, I will select a better room, at least one with a view.

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

Parking was a nightmare! During peak hours you will be circling around for ages... PH is sharing parking with some other businesses, it is very busy and once you've parked it is quite a journey to get to the hotel approx 8-10min walk. You have to walk through the whole shopping centre to get back...

Big, nice room and very comfy bed. Staff was very helpful - it was 15 of us and staff were nice enough to give us rooms close enough on the same floor, even though we had a few separate bookings. Location is amazing and facilities too! Pool parties & the wave are so much fun!

• Ultra Hip, 2 Queens, Non-Smoking

Check in is extra busy but just be patient it is Vegas

The location is perfect. So many facilities in and around the hotel. For a large hotel right on the strip it is actually quiet in your room. Cannot fault a thing

Excellent location, right in the middle of the strip facing the bellagio, aria, Cosmo and Paris Paris! Was upgraded to a fountain view room which faced the bellagio fountains! Totally spectacular!

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

This hotel is sucks man. Do not go to here. I had a terrible experience with this hotel. First of all, the phone signal is very bad, so u have to use the hotel wifi. But be attention! There is a $15 fee per device even I have paid $50 resort fee!

• Ultra Hip, 2 Queens, Non-Smoking

Toilet handle was broken, but handyman was sent and fixed it as soon as we called reception. Casino is not the best in Vegas. Hotel could use more signage as it was confusing finding the elevators at times. Breakfast at Starbucks was not very exciting. Pool got busy early in the morning and could not find a sun bed unless reserved beforehand.

The beds were super comfortable and the view was great. The bathroom was huge. Location was just on the Strip and perfectly located in the proximity of all clubs and shops on the Strip. Taxi and Uber just outside of hotel and reception area not too busy as other hotels.

• Ultra Hip, 2 Queens, Non-Smoking

Not enough lighting within room area although toilet was well lit.

It was really spacious and the bathroom was excellent as it allowed all 3 of us to use the shower, bathtub, toilet without having to wait for one another. Location was great too as it was convenient to travel by buses w a full day pass. Convenient online express checkout too !!! What was a great surprise was the $40 value given to us to offset our meals at Gordon Ramsay’s Burgers which was fabulous !!!! Great place to come back to each day !!!!

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

Nowadays, I think Wi-Fi should be provided free of charge or included in the price.

Quick check in and check out using their machines. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. There was a swimming pool as well. The room was spacious overall. The location was perfect - right in the heart of the Strip.

• Ultra Hip, 2 Queens, Non-Smoking

My main issue was the room service. The room was left filthy every day that we were there (5 nights). The cleaners even knocked one day asking what in particular we would like done, ie. trash or beds? Yes!!!! All of it!!!! They were trying to take the easy way out every day by doing the bare minimum. I swear we didnt get cleaning some days and yet paid every day for the service. They were a disgrace.

The 21+ pool is excellent with the DJ also.

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

They tried to charge us for internet access. I need to complain to avoid it. Also there is a resort fee charge that doesn't worth the money Difficult access to the hotel from the garage. No microwave in the room.

Bathroom is big and comfortable. Bed is very comfortable. The attached Miracle Mile shopping is convenient

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

Everything was very good. A little close to the lifts so we could hear a bit of noise but can't fault the comfort/Location and value for money.

Comfortable. Great location, free parking, breakfast via Starbucks did the trick, lovely bathroom. Room came with fridge. Would stay here again.

• Ultra Hip, 2 Queens, Non-Smoking

The buffet wasn't all that great.

The hotel is in the center of the strip and that's a real plus. There's a mall attached which was great and endless food choices. Would highly recommend.

• Ultra Hip, King, Smoking

I don't like that I paid as much as I did for the room and I don't believe it was of quality. The room had a fridge that was just big enough for a can of soda. There was no microwave. The picture of the room on the booking site was no where near the size of the room. I was miss informed about where I could use my room credit. And I was over charged

The bathroom was nice. I like the location. It's in the middle of everything. It has a nice size casino and restaurants. The casino personal was very helpful

• Ultra Hip, 2 Queens, Smoking

We where looking for a place where we could relax next to the pool. There are two very small pools for the entire hotel. One adult pool with very very loud music. A family what was closed. The pool area was dirty. Cigarette buds and left over fruit from cocktails. The majority of the bed near the pool are revered for paying guests. This was a very disappointing stay. And we will never go here again.

The rooms are nice and location is good.

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

No facility to make a cup of tea in room or heat food like microwave. When we booked, it said on the email there would be a microwave. Very disappointed in the misinformation.

Location bathroom room bed

• Ultra Hip, 2 Queens, Non-Smoking

When our room key wasn't working properly, we had to get back into the check-in line and wait through that to get another...(it was a long line) so we'd suggest having the Concierge have the ability to reissue non-working keys., but the hotel was so nice, it was not a deal breaker and we'll definitely stay again!

Room was spotless, great bathroom with big shower AND modern tub-very well appointed...felt like a spa! Carpets (which can be pretty dirty in these casino hotels) was perfectly clean, even throughout the hallways. Big television to catch up on the news, lots of room, great views.

• Ultra Hip, 2 Queens, Non-Smoking

Guest should not be charged parking & resort fees. It is very inconvenient to be charged two separate fees that is equivalent to a one night stay. SMH

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

booked a king size bed room, but they told me they do not have King size bed room. I request to have higher floor, the check-in staff ignore my request. My friend who check out later than me, got king size bed room and higher floor. I just feel the staff is cold and unfriendly. The price is way too expensive. The buffet is terrible. The breakfast of hotel is startbuck coffee voucher, but it is not clear how to use it. And very long que for startbuck coffe at breakfast. The wifi is only free for two device per room. i have ipad, iphone, and Laptop. I could only have 2 wifi access...not really friendly.

great location...room is big.

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

We had an issue with our room keys. It took staff & security TWO HOURS to solve the issue! Meanwhile, we waited in the hallway outside of our room. They didn’t seem to care to give us a discount, Resort credit, or comp us a night stay... TWO HOURS!!

The place was extremely clean & convenient

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

the room had a view of a brick wall. not at all happy. as a senior citizen i felt ripped off. younger people were given better rooms.

location to the strip

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

Food portions are way too big - waisting of food, resources and money!

Perfect location, show availability just inside of property, service at pool is great....all great:)

• Ultra Hip, 2 Queens, Smoking

Parking/check-in: the parking lot is actually about 15 minutes walk from the hotel. It's not easy to find either. You could use valet for $20 per night but if you choose to park by yourself, be prepared to be frustrated.

Everything was great apart from the parking. Comfortable beds, large room, large bathroom, good amenities, etc

The lobby is very difficult to find, though it's what I expected. Also, the parking lot is quite far away from the lobby. Don't recommend drive to here. Actually dont recommend driving in Las Vegas at all.

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

We booked for an ultra hip modern room and then paid an additional $100 to upgrade. We then ended up in an old room that hadn’t been refurbished and it felt very 1980s, took the shine off it. We did then get a bellagio view but the room was bad

The location and the view

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

The smoke in the casino was pretty ordinary., and you couldn't escape it as you had to walk through it to get to the lifts....I don't know why , as I walked through a number of other casinos and didn't find the smoke nearly as bad...

The rooms were lovely and spacious with a lounge and coffee table in front of the window, then on the other side of the bed a table with two chairs...The bathroom was also spacious and well set out...having the fridge in the room was an added bonus that not many casinos ever give you..if I ever go back to Vegas I would stay here again for sure...

• Ultra Resort Vista Room, 1 King, Non-Smoking

I know we were there for a busy conference weekend... however there was constantly old food from room service orders in our hallway. It would stay there for a couple days and looked/ smelled horrible.

The customer service is exceptional. I love interacting with anyone in this resort. The spa/workout facility is stunning. Very nice.

• Ultra Hip, 2 Queens, Non-Smoking

I hated the pool policies might be the reason I don’t return

Really good location clean rooms close to a great number of bars restaurants of all prices

• Ultra Hip, 2 Queens, Non-Smoking

Not coffee making facilities in the room

A lot of options in terms of dining and close to the strip! I’ve stayed in a number of hotels in Vegas and this is one of the better ones. Rooms were big

• Ultra Hip, 2 Queens, Non-Smoking

I had a package shipped and it took forever for someone to give me the right information to retrieve it. I spent an hour going from person to person before I eventually got it. Poor customer service.

Bed was super comfortable and bathroom was amazing. Fabulous location.

• Ultra Resort Room, 2 Queens Non-Smoking

Room was very noisy due to the elevators, they didn’t change our room, the house keeping didn’t fix and change our beds one night and the breakfast amount was only enough for a cup of coffe .

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

we had a non smoking room and the vents seemed to carry the smoke smell as well as marijuana that was circulating in our room, was awful

The cafe had excellent food

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

Not sure if I had to pay for WiFi (will know when I check out) but if I did that is the only down and that should be offered free to all guests

Loved my room, meals but could have won more moneyb😉😉😉

• Ultra Hip, 2 Queens, Non-Smoking

The breakfast in Starbucks is very uncomfortable. The lines are very long.

The location is perfect and the size of the room and the bathroom are very big.

• Ultra Hip, King, Smoking

The place is great - in the center of Strip. The hotel is veeeeeery big - we got lost on the first floor on the first day of our stay and it took us 30 minutes to get to the elevator. Everything is in the hotel: the pool, markets, casino, restaurants, stores. The rooms are spacious, clean, have a great view if situated on upper floors. We got smoking room on 6 floor but changed it for non-smoking one on 36 floor. Personnel is friendly and polite. Casino is big and have all kind of automates and tables for games. We liked the automatic check-in/check-out procedure - no need to stay in a queue. Electronic concierge is also great - you can ask him about any service even if you're not in the room but just sending a message.

• Ultra Hip Room, Premium King Fountain View, Non-Smoking

- one of the towels had some stains; - slippers and bathrobe would be very helpful.

- the view is really great! - convenient and quick self check-in/ check-out

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

We had a smoking room and it stank of weed, of course it is legal now in the state of Nevada but didn't expect the hotel to allow it.

Location was perfect

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

We had an issue with the showtickets.com concierge in the planet Hollywood hotel. They screwed up my wife’s and her friends Adam Sandler stand up comedy tickets and I lost 2 days of my vacation trying to get it sorted out.

Beautiful hotel and casino. Great location on the strip, excellent restaurants close by and amazing shopping in the miracle mile mall that surrounds the hotel.

• Ultra Hip, 2 Queens, Smoking

Room service was pricey and the food wasnt the best but didnt put a damper on our stay

this hotel has amazing location, the queen sized beds were super super comfy!!! everything about it was fun and great, we even got upgraded to a room with a view which just made the trip that even more better. i loved the choice of a bath or shower, enjoyed the lovely bath tub. would go back in a heartbeat

• Ultra Hip, 2 Queens, Non-Smoking

I did not like that my guest and I was very dissatisfied that we had to call just to get towels, clean glasses, trash cans not being emptied. Upon our check-in we were told "if we did not want our beds made then it will be discounted of $39.00 towards a meal ticket within the hotel". We were not informed that this did not include no room service. I have been staying at Planet Hollywood for the past four years, but this year stay was not up to par. Something that my guest and I was not very happy with. Cleanliness of a room is what makes customers very happy. Please go back to how it truly was.

The staff however was great.

• Ultra Hip Room, Premium King Fountain View, Non-Smoking

We had so many issues with our booking . We arrived and they did not have the room we booked available so we had to change rooms the next day. As we booked by a split booking due to using a gift card we were told at original check in that we would not have to change rooms. On the morning of the new booking starting we could hear someone trying to get into our room so we rang the front desk or at least we were told it was the front desk who said we had to vacate the room and check in again! We packed everything up and went to check in where we were told we didn’t have to do so in which the clerk when explaining the situation said ‘blah blah blah’ as a term of phrase. After them then trying to give us an inferior room to what we paid for they gave us the option of going back to our original room we were told to vacate an hour before. Naturally we wanted to speak to the manager who did investigate the situation further and offered for no resort tax to be payed at checkout. However, then when we went to checkout they tried to bill us for resort tax and other charges to our room, there seems to be just a pure lack of communication! We have stayed before and enjoyed our stay but this time I wished we’d booked somewhere else to stay.

The room is spacious and the location is great.

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

No breakfast. We thought the cabanas at the pool was too expensive.

Loved the beautiful spa-like room and comfy bed! Liked the location one the strip. We also really enjoyed the pool and shopping on the Miracle Mile!! We really appreciated being able to use the miniature-fridge for our own food and drinks.

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

Pillows - cheap and not comfortable.

Location - perfect. Casino - perfect. Room - is pretty good, except pillows. Mattress is plush, i'd prefer firm. Small empty fridge, lights was good. The view was great.

• Ultra Hip, 2 Queens Fountain View, Non-Smoking

Definitely geared to the younger crowd, at the pool service was slow. Housekeeping was so so and I can’t believe if you opt out they deduct $10/per night. Prices are definitely creeping up and comps and freebies are a thing of the past.

The rooms are well appointed and beds are comfy.

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

The resort fee was high and I am not sure what that covers. What am I paying for with the resort fee?

I live in Kwethluk, Alaska. I have a shower in my house not a tub. I LOVED the tub!!!!

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

The lobby is too dark & creepy. Allowing indoor cig smoking is nasty.

Hotel staff were awesomely helpful, knowledgeable & friendly. Especially Harry the front desk clerk 5/15/18

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

YFI didn't work. Mine wouldn't connect my husband's was intermittent. The water in the shower wouldn't get hot. It was barely warm

Casino and restaurants were very friendly and helpful

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

No tea/coffee facilities in room. No where to sit down and relax in the hotel (outside of your own room) that wasn’t either a restaurant in the casino or the casino area itself which is full of people smoking.

Bed very comfy, large bathroom

• Ultra Hip Room, Premium King Fountain View, Non-Smoking

The pool area has very limited beds, everything was reserved even though it was really quiet some days. Our room had a sign over it too so made it very dark

Location is center in the strip.

• Ultra Hip, 2 Queens, Non-Smoking

Like every other place in Vegas the lobby smells of yesterday's party and bad decisions

The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and the facilities are mostly good but it depends from place to place. Some were renovated recently and are great and some remember the times of the previous hotel. We got a free upgrade to a suit so definitely it was great value for money. All in all just the location makes it a great choice.

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

There was a constant sound all night and day, never found out what was but still you’re not going to spend your time in the hotel so it didn’t bothered me that much. No mini fridge but ice machine in the hall.

Comfortable room with hot tube and everything you need, the view as you can see was very relaxing and everything was very clean. Perfect location, most of the main attractions walking distance, pharmacies, shopping stores and all.

• Ultra Hip, 2 Queens, Non-Smoking

Staff and management horrible service taking further steps will contact headquarters of the hotel!!! My reservation wasn’t confirmed at the hotel but I had from booking.com confirmation email and everything, I already had a pre charge on my credit card for my stay and they declined me a room to stay on my birthday ridiculous. So they made me paying again at the desk with my credit card through their system because they can’t see my Booking.com reservation even i showed them my confirmation nr and emails plus credit card statement. Like I said will take further steps the manager that night had major attitude totally wrong job for (Vicky) The room was poor as well faucet in bathroom is dangling around bathtub dirty around the drain ugh scum, foot marks on bedroom wall, the shower water handle is dangling too, we sitting here right now very upset in this room can’t wait to leave!!!

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

On the last night of a four night stay I realised that the ventilation system was pumping in cigarette and other smoke from somewhere which due to me being a firm non smoker kept waking me up and had disturbed my sleep for the entire stay. Sadly only realising on the last night planet Hollywood annoyingly would not do anything with my bill to compensate me. I specifically asked for a non smoking room. shame they couldn't help me.

location to strip and also speedy check in

• Ultra Resort Vista Room, 1 King, Non-Smoking

The carpets were threadbare. The drains were blocked and smelt terrible . I reported this but nothing was done about it. There was not a corkscrew in the suite and we had to pay to borrow one. It was a nonsmoking floor and yet the room constantly stank of cigarette smoke. The pool area was like a car park of grey concrete. Very dirty too and staff unfriendly

The bed was very comfortable. We were in a suite which had an amazing view

• Ultra Hip, 2 Queens, Non-Smoking

Great location on the strip. Nice big rooms, clean and comfortable. Friendly staff and plenty to do within the hotel itself. This is my second time around and I would definitely consider it again for my next Vegas trip.

• Ultra Hip, 2 Queens Fountain View, Non-Smoking

I like the concierge online. Ivy, the concierge answered all my questions. All I needed to do was text her. She even arranged to extend my stay. No need to go to the front desk

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

The taps in the vanity need fixing. I liked everything else!

Everything. It is my favourite hotel/casino in Vegas. Best location. I love the decor of both room and casino. I liked that bfast was starbucks credit so we could get something anytime of the day. Good bathroom with bath. Spacious and clean. The staff were friendly!

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

Rooms smelled of cigarettes, bed was uncomfortable. Hotel charged 15 dollars a day for WiFi that did not work. We were never greeted by staff and felt like we weren’t valued as customers.

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

Ashtrays in ‘non smoking’ room. Room didn’t look anything like the photos online. Long wait (>30mins) for check in/out

Good location Polite staff

• Ultra Hip, 2 Queens, Non-Smoking

It is probably the worst hotel on the strip: the service is just crap: at the front desk there are only 2 or 3 people present: there is a long waiting queue and therefore they encourage you to check in on a screen. While checking on the screen suddenly someone shows up to give you a 20$ “welcome” coupon but you later understand that by accepting this coupon your room will NOT BE SERVICED and if you want your room to be serviced it is will cost you 20$!!! It is the first time I experience this in Las Vegas knowing that in the hotel just in the front of Planet Hollywood, they even service your room twice a day for a similar nightly price. We noticed on the second day that the door of our room was not closing and we had to wait for one hour before someone showed up. The same day but later in the day, the toilet leaked and there was water all over the bathroom. They were more rapid this time to come but they did not change our room or present a simple apology! Finally, never include the breakfast in the booking of the room: indeed the BREAKFAST IS A JOKE: they don’t serve breakfast and you will only get discount a total of 9$ for TWO PEOPLE for eating at Starbucks or couple of other restaurants next to the casino. The 9$ discount hardly pay for two coffees in these shops!!! So don’t book with breakfast included otherwise you will simply feel cheated as you would have paid more than 9$ and you will get just discount for “9$”.

• Ultra Hip, 2 Queens, Non-Smoking

Housekeeping was very poor , found my room not done on return and I doubt that my new tooth brush was used for cleaning the bathroom because it was new when I had left and was was in tatters when I got back in the evening , and on my complaint to the front desk and housekeeping... there was a standard apology . Otherwise the hotel was good but for the lousy housekeeping .

• Ultra Hip, King, Smoking

There is NO complementary breakfast. Everything is misleading about this hotel. The description said "continental breakfast". We were given a 9 dollar coupon for Starbucks. But everything at Starbucks is so costly at the hotel (overpriced) and cannot get anything for 9 dollars. Big scam. In the middle of the hotel floor, people trying to scam hotel guests to "get free shows" and push you to invest in property deals for 50 thousand dollars. We asked for a non-smoking room. we got a smoking room. Dont recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Ultra Hip Room, Premium King Fountain View, Non-Smoking

No breakfast. No balcony. Pool closing at 6pm. Bring some time to check-in.

Awesome view, no kidding. We got a room on the 50th floor and had a direct view on Bellagio fountains and Eifel tower. Holy cow! The room was clean and tidy. Well, it is a 4-star hotel. No breakfast though.

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

The whole place smells like cigarettes even our no-smoking floor. Check in was bad the team was unkind and they didn't have the room we booked weeks in advance.

The rooms are clean.

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

The hours the pool was open (how could I get to it if I’m at a conference until 6?) the busy hustle of having a casino/hotel/mall combination, parking was too far away

Friendly staff who were helpful with the check in process, excellent food choices for the conference

• Ultra Hip, 2 Queens, Non-Smoking

The issue with this hotel is the Free parking. It’s available but you have to walk around 8-10 min to reach your room or lobby OR you need to use valet parking by 20$ every day !! I think the hotel guest should have some specialty by using free valet parking

Room size, cleanness, staff and location

• Ultra Hip, 2 Queens, Non-Smoking

The kiosk did not work for checking in to the resort. There was no one to assist or any signs to say that the machines were not functioning. I just attempted a few times and gave up.

Location was great. Our room was upgraded to a suite with a great view. The room was very spacious.

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

There was no coffee maker in the room. It’s Vegas though. I guess they want you to be out and about, spending money around the resort and the strip.

Perfectly clean room. Very comfortable bed. The bathroom is really spacious. View of the Bellagio fountains was the highlight. I got an upgrade for a room with a view. It was worth it!

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

They give customers options to take $10 credit to waive room service. Opted out but still had to call to clean room.

Right at the center of the LV Strip. Room is hip and trendy with spacious bathroom.

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

First time it was hard to find the way from parking place to check in but after one time the way was clear

Brilliant location, you can go everywhere by walk. Room was clean and beautyful. We stayd there for 3 nights and 10/10 from us

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

For the price, the view out the window was of a roof top and not much more. That wasn’t exciting at all. But the room was great and the bed super cozy. Loved the tub as well...

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

Pool was sometimes a little crowded and lacks shaded areas, but still great facilities.

Very clean hotel. Great facilities and will certainly stay here again.

• Ultra Hip, King, Non-Smoking

The water pressure in the bathroom was pretty poor.

The room was HUGE! and had a extra big, super deep tub that was wonderful to soak in. And having a separate shower was a bonus. Location is nice in that it's in the middle of the strip, but the casino area is so confusing. And being in the middle of the mall was nice in some ways, not so much in others.

Browse Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino traveller photo gallery