Reviews of Hôtel Plaza Athénée 5 stars

37 East 64 Street, Upper East Side, New York, NY 10065, USA

#67 of 415 hotels in New York

Overall I was very pleased with the hotel.
    • Classic King Room

The bathroom could be updated, particularly the old fashioned toilet which was very low to the floor. I was wondering how expensive it would be to update the toilet.

The bed was very comfortable. The atmosphere in the room was very calming, with limited noise from the traffic below.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Overall my stay was superb.

Spa prices were not listed - and they were over market value Good Services but very over priced (probably why they didn't list prices)

The staff were all so great. Professional. Friendly. Well trained. I can not say enough

Nice hotel with very good location and great value for money
    • Grand Deluxe King Room

- I thaught the hotel is more similar with Plaza Athené from Paris but is not that fancy and the services are not that quality either.

-good location - nice rooms - nice deccor - good food - good value for money - nice restaurant

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Easy breezy comfy stay in a great location.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

It feels like it's a little older and would benefit from a bit of freshening up, but this also explains the good value for the money.

It's a very well-located hotel in a fabulous area for shopping, museums, restaurants. The rooms are nice and clean, good size. The staff is professional and friendly. It was quiet, and rather inconspicuous.

The hotel has a good location in a good neighbourhood and...
    • Classic King Room

It's not a 5* hotel anymore, maybe it used to be 30 years ago. It needs refurbishment, everything is old and worn out. Also, no coffee or tea facility in the room which is surprising these days. The price/quality ratio is inadequate, but again it's New York...

The hotel has a good location in a good neighbourhood and it's a walking distance to Central Park. The staff are nice.

It was a very nice experience for all of us to celebrate a special family occasion in NYC.

The air conditioning was too loud and kept me awake. It would be better if the fan could be adjusted to a lower level. And the girls were disappointed that there were so few movie options on the TV.

The deal with Booking.com was as promised - a good price for 3 people to stay in that location. I was there with my two grown daughters as a special treat, the night before one of their bridal showers. The corner room was spacious and comfortable. We got an extra cot and that worked fine with the king bed. Exercise room very nice.

Mentioned above.
    • Classic Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

The hotel claims itself as a five star hotel but there were no tea makers in the rooms, no irons, not even water was provided as compliment. They even charged around 180 USD Porter tax that was not mentioned while I made booking. This additional charge was a complete surprise. I'm very disappointed why this was not mentioned to me earlier or while booking. Also, hotel staff made false claim from my group for using minibar and upon checking nothing was used. They took my credit card in the beginning and said if my group members won't pay they will charge on my credit card. Very disappointing. Booking,com should ensure all payments are made public so to prepare and book accordingly. Thanks

I would always stay there again.
    • Classic King Room

We have stayed several times in the past. Most recently we had room 1405, a corner room which was very quite and very comfortable. The old world elegance is what we really enjoy. AC worked great, as did the shower and TV.

Love intimate hotel in a beautiful location of New York.
    • Classic King Room

Love intimate hotel in a beautiful location of New York. Comfortable hotel big rooms for NYC standards. Quite location. Something that’s hard to find in NYC

Best value for the money and unbeatable location
    • Classic King Room

The hotel has the best location in New York, 2 blocks from central park very close to Time Square but still on the Upper East Side. The bedrooms have everything you need and de beds are very comfortable, I even got a better room than the one I reserved for the same price. Definitely I will stay on this hotel if I return to New York.

Location is great.

I have been staying in Hotel Plaza Athene New York in rooms 906/907 from 19th of June to 14th of July with my family. I have been in New York for my father’s medical treatment in Memorial Sloane Kettering. As I was dealing with the hospital and my father’s treatment, at the same time I have been deeply disappointed by the hotel, loss of my time and emotional distress. During my stay, two items were stolen from my room in my absence where it was placed in the drawer. - Hermes Constance wallet - Twilly scarf I had notified the staff promptly of the theft and have also reported to the New York City Police Department. The hotel did not do anything to solve this case. Finally, from my conversations with hotel employees; this is not the 1st theft in this hotel; I understand that on several other occasions cash & valuables have been stolen from other hotel guests at Hotel Plaza Athenee New York, especially on 9th floor. So it is obvious who is responsible from those several thefts and hotel is covering the person. I post in twitter, send emails to GM of the hotel and the Ceo of LHW group to inform that continues theft in this hotel. No responses yet!!!! I guess they are waiting me to check-out. All my life I always stay in high end, luxury 5 star hotels and this is the 1st time in my life something is stolen from my room. This is not the only issue I face with Hotel Plaza Athenee. The hotel’s sale department gave me an “special price” for extended stay which should be a better price than other guests stay for couple of days. I thought that hotel gave me a special/ corporate price for my long stay and we made the agreement for the dates 19th of June to 4th of July for two weeks; which was non-refundable. Two days later I find out that the same deluxe rooms for the same dates, the rate is cheaper in Plaza Athenee’s website and booking.com.

Location is great. Concierge service is very good.

The hotel, Plaza Athenee was excellent;

see above.

The hotel, Plaza Athenee was excellent; the staff very polite and attentive, the room very comfortable. I would have liked coffee for the hotel's guests in the lobby. Hoping to see you next year.

Staff was spot on.

Was a room that slept 3, but was not expecting just one king sized bed. We made it work, was just expecting maybe a sofa or a chair. Room was on the smallish size too

Staff was spot on. Very nice. Location was perfect

The property is at a prime street on the UES, just a block...
    • Classic King Room

The property is at a prime street on the UES, just a block from Central Park! The stuff from the beginning to our stay to the end were absolutely superb and kind and made our stay simply incredible! We had a beautiful view from the room as we had requested a high floor and there room was very comfortable and beautiful! I will definitely stay at this hotel next time I visit NYC and I highly recommend it!

Delightfull and relaxing.
    • Classic King Room

Some fabrics could use a little refreshing but sometimes even a little shabby is better than everything looking perfect.

Made to feel like one was a special guest and not just another client.

The hotel is really well located.
    • Classic King Room

The hotel is really well located. 5 mins away from the park. The breakfast is good, the coffee is so so, the service impeccable. I come back every year.

Disappointing and below expectation
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms assigned to us were just disappointing and it is far from pictures on the website. Very dated, dark room and some lighting fixture were broken. Amenity was minimum and tiny compared to other 5 star hotels amenity. One of bathrobes was wripped on the side (exchanged of course). Bathroom smelled bad with that peculiar smell of "old bathrooms". The photos on the website are Renovated rooms apperently and they don't have much of those. Most rooms seem be dated and unrenovated because they couldn't show any better room saying it was "full booked". We booked 3 nights for our relatives visiting NY but unfortunately they had to cancel. It was non-refundable so we stayed instead. But we are so glad our relatives couldn't come after all. That is how bad and disappointing the room was. If it was cancellable we would have decided not to stay in the room in the first place but as it was already paid in full ($1600+ for 3 nights) forced ourselves to stay to enjoy vacation in NYC hoping they could offer any better room after one night (but in vain). After 2 nights we decided to check out to go home even though it was 3 nights reservation and no money will be refunded. We just couldn't enjoy the stay in a dingy, shabby room. I recommend never book "non-refundable" here as you would be assigned old rooms and stuck but can't go anywhere else. It is such a shame as it is in the great location and people working there are pleasant to deal with. I think the management is a problem to leave rooms like this for long. The manager has not even called us back after our raising concern about the rooms at all even though front desk assured they will. There should be plenty of courtesy to show to compensate the bad stay (rooms) for the guests but managers didn't even bother. It is not 5 star hotel quality rooms and service. As our expectation was high for this hotel, the stay was Very very disappointing.

The location is great. Nice lobby and classic decor of the hallway.

I think they could do lot of efforts to enhance the...
    • Classic King Room

I think they could do lot of efforts to enhance the breakfast. It is in my opinion over priced and not at all good. The bar is nice also menus for lunch and dinner is really good quality food, but service is slow. While for breakfast I am not sure why it is not at all good like lunch or dinner.

Confortable and beautiful
    • Classic King Room

Beautifully decorated, chic and sober. Very spacious room with a very confortable room. The location is perfect, with access to the most exclusives shops and a couple of minutes walking from central park.

Perfect for a stay in Manhattan
    • Classic King Room

Great location. Within walking distance of midtown and very close to central park. Staff were excellent and looked after our every need. Their servuce was second to none. Room was big and very clean. Was a great place to relax after a day out in Manhattan

Absolutely brilliant!

The hotel was perfect and great alternative to the big chain hotels. The staff were excellent and the level of service, exceptional. We loved the bar which was cosy and intimate. We would definitely go back and recommend to our friends

Not impressed with such facility

Needs renovation and improve the facilities Staff should be helpful and respectful A unities should be in the room prior to arrival Should improve the lighting in the room

Will go again
    • Grand Deluxe King Room

Too bad steam room not accessible without booking a treatment; hard to get the room warm on what was admittedly a very cold day

Lovely decor, cosy lounge, excellent food

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Wonderful!
    • Classic King Room

Staff was a bit intrusive...rang the doorbell way to often...but service was amazing

Bed was extremely comfortable, room was quiet and cozy...Towels were soft and shower was hot and strong..

Superb location. Old world Charm. Really dated rooms.

Rooms are dated. This place needs renovation. Also very annoying that they added 15% service tips for breakfast automatically (which they didn't do for dinner in the bar). Odd and annoying. As a result I gave LESS tip overall and left it at 15% vs. my customary 20%.

Old world charm. Very good and attentive service and staff.

It is a very pretty property in a superb location.

Horrible lighting in the bathroom. Even with a makeup mirror no woman can put on makeup in this space. No full length mirror, no shoehorn.These are small things but they add up and keep it from being a true 5 star hotel!

Room was lovely. Staff very warm and friendly.

Great locations and value for a five star hotel
    • Classic King Room

Weathered, needs upgrade to maintain five star rating for a NYC hotel.

Good value for five star hotel and great location. More like a four star and building and rooms are a bit worn, but for that you get a much better price than a real five star in NYC.

Excellent hotel!
    • Classic King Room

The bed needed replacing.

Staff were uniformly friendly and helpful. The room was spotless. Room service was great. The front desk and concierge were excellent and helped us out with restaurants and late departure.

Would stay somewhere else next time
    • Classic King Room

Rooms are too small. The bathrooms are very old. They don't even offer water bottles inside their bedrooms. Business center is horrible and the gym is horrible. Not worth the money given how expensive it is. You can get a better room in another hotel for the same price.

Nice location, nice lobby. The decor of the hotel is lovely.

Loved the service and location, everyone was super friendly!

May be the mini bar could have been just a little less expensive...

Our room was perfect and the Service at restaurant and bar were far-out! Thank you for catering to our 4 year old and also for the concierge recommendations of restaurants and places to go. It was a perfect birthday stay, not to mention the casual sightings of Robert Redford and Pierce Brosnan, all so casual and on my birthday!

I would return but, you need to seriously upgrade your outlets in the rooms!!!

The room was was woefully lacking in wall outlets and they were not located for convenience. The Director of catering was a bit rude...

The location was excellent!

Great location, gorgeous hotel, and an outstanding value at booking.com prices

I had to switch rooms because the toilet was not working properly. Also rugs needed replacing (lots of stains). The hotel in some regards looks tired & worn, but overall still a lovely upscale place to stay.

Noisy. Appalling service. Don't stay here.
    • Grand Deluxe King Room

We were at the hotel for just two nights. We were put in a room with two adjoining doors with families both sides making a lot of noise. On one side a baby was crying through the night through til 3.30am. Because they were adjoining rooms it was impossible to sleep.We called during the night to ask if we could have a different room the following night. They said yes- one would be ready. In the morning we were then told a room was not ready but we could have an inferior room (to the one we paid for) at no discount. The service was appalling and very snooty- with a take it or leave it attitude. So we checked out immediately and went to stay in a much better hotel. If you want a bad nights sleep and a snooty service where the room managers don't care this is the place for you. If not there are hundreds of better hotels in New York and in better locations.

Friendly greeting. Very clean rooms.

We ordered room for 2 adults and 2 kids via booking but when...
    • Classic One-Bedroom King Suite

We ordered room for 2 adults and 2 kids via booking but when we arrived room was not prepared with beds for kids and staff was not very helpful to solve the problem.

Will never book them again.

Staff unaccommodating, booked 3 nights thru booking.com and added an additional night with the hotel. The room was way too small for three people, and even though I paid extra for 3 people they wanted to charge an additional $65 per night. when I complained that the room was too small and there was no room for a roll away bed, I tried to upgrade to the 1 BR suite and pay the difference, the hotel refused to match there own web special price of $560 a night and wanted to charge me $800 a night and told me to book it online and come back. It was a long day I had just flown from Houston trying to move my daughter to NYC and really wasn't in the mood to argue so when I asked about 2 double bed room which I had requested with the hotel reservation when I added the additional night they had a double bed available for 2 nights. So I asked them to move me to the double bed for the 2 nights and to cancel the rest of the reservations and I'll find another hotel for the rest of my stay. The sad part is I stayed at the Plaza Athnee in Paris many times thinking they are the same to realize they are not. Booked the rest of my stay at the Carlyle with was treated like royalty.

Stay here-especially with kids in a Suite and you will be glad you did!!!!! Perfect location.
    • Classic One-Bedroom King Suite

Water bottles at turn down and an onsite coffee bar for the am. I do not want a pot of coffee just a quick cup.

Room service food was very god but very very expensive even for UES NYC. The rooms were large clean and comfortable. Location was perfect. Staff was great and the Spa was insane!

A beautiful boutique hotel in the perfect location! Quiet but very close to everything...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The mini bar was very expensive! Room service ended up being very pricey, with the additional taxes plus an 18% service fee included.

The hotel was in the perfect location and was just gorgeous with lots of charm. The beds were extremely comfortable and it was very clean.

Classic hotel in great neighborhood
    • Classic King Room

The smallish back room offered not the greatest view but was quiet and fine for one night especially at the discounted price..Had it cost more I probably would have been disappointed.and requested a room change for different exposure...

Great traditional hotel in beautiful upscale neighborhood with close proximity to Madison Avenue shopping and dining.

Absolutely fabulous!
    • Classic King Room

No coffee making facility in the room is the only negative.

One of the best hotels I've stayed at in a long time! Luxury and impeccable service from the moment our taxi puled up outside the hotel to when the doorman hailed us a taxi to go back to the airport 2 days later. The staff were awesome. The location is superb - half a block from Madison Ave and 1.5 blocks from Central Park.

Nice location safe and quiet hotel.
    • Classic King Room

Air conditioner leaked water into the room from the ceiling. Tub shower with a billowing shower curtain that wanted to cling to my body.

Very comfortable bed and nice sheets. Large room with a sitting area. Attentive staff with good work ethic. Quiet safe neighborhood, Safe location for a single female traveler.

Super comfortable and quiet
    • Classic King Room

The costs of anything offered in the hotel being room service or breakfast etc is very expensive Room service costs with added taxes etc - oh my Aircon noisy in room otherwise rooms are excellent

Excellent hotel Rooms are very comfortable and quiet and staff Are so helpful Good position

Loved New York disappointed in the accommodation ... lesson learned .
    • Classic King Room

Basic hotel gratuities i.e. No kettle tea or cofffe had to ask TWICE for these had to buy our own tea coffee ! also had to ask every day for MILK. Did not apreciate being charged $65 plus tax EVERY night for a fold away bed if we had known this we would have looked for a hotel that catered for 3 people sharing a room ! We have never encountered this type of situation in any hotel around the world before .

Nice looking hotel very friendly helpful staff

Old world elegance... at a price.

The food and beverage prices at the restaurant were outrageously expensive... and I am used to staying at the best hotels around the world. There was no bottled water at turndown service (you would have to call room service and pay extra for it), and there was no tea/coffee maker in the room. The shower head in our room needed to be replaced.

This is a very elegant, beautiful, old-world type of hotel. It was located in what I consider the best part of NYC (upper East side)... Convenient for luxury shopping, fine dining, museums and other cultural pursuits. Staff was especially warm and friendly. Cleanliness was impeccable. I would stay here again.

Would stay there again
    • Classic King Room

Close to everything including Central Park I walked to my grandson's school in the morning and the neighborhood was lovely The bed was amazing and the room was huge. The restaurant was pricey but good. The staff was helpful, pleasant and available.

Not worth it.
    • Classic Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

The clerk let us waited for a long time before we can move into the room. The room did not have a hot kettle or any coffee or tea. The bathtub was clogged after only one person showering and thus the next person needed to wait for it to fully drained before showering.

Lots of windows, great views, mini bar that i could take or...
    • Grand Deluxe King Room

no bottled water. no microwave or mini coffee maker, no shelves under the sink to store personal items, they sat on the floor, No private toilet area. No bath mat by shower, I had to ask for one

Lots of windows, great views, mini bar that i could take or replace items if i decided to wait more than 30 seconds. Stall shower , large size shower towels, Plenty of closet and drawer space. We arrived saturday nite at the bar after the kitchen closed and felt like something to eat along with the bottle of wine- we ordered. The hostess said i can give you a plate of Matzo. That was terrific- then my husband added gee i'd love some peanut butter with that- The hostess said she could do that too- and brought us out a plate of matzo and bowl of peanut butter !!! Amaxing ! Great Service !

Great location!
    • Classic King Room

Great location! Small European style hotel with nicely appointed rooms. Very friendly staff &lovely breakfast. I would definitely stay here again.

Great hotel for a girls weekend in NYC

There was very little to criticize about the hotel, although one of the 3 rooms we booked had troubles with the bathroom sink and tub draining. Since it was an older hotel, electric outlets were in scarce supply, so charging electronics was a challenge. The mini bar prices were way beyond reasonable, but that seems to be the case in general in NYC.

The hotel was charming, old style New York. Well kept, clean rooms, nicely sized, older but very comfortable sitting chairs in the room. The mattress was great, the linens very soft and lightly monogrammed. The staff were very helpful, cheerful. From the Brielle in reservations to the doormen (Alex maybe?) to the hotel operators. Everyone was lovely. The location and neighborhood was a great match for what we were looking for, and the price was not prohibitive. Our group ranged from 40 to 60 year olds, and we all felt comfortable, safe and well cared for here.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

4 star hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

No coffee /tea in room Poor lighting . We had to turn on every lamp in room to get decent lighting Actual rooms need updating. ( except the bathroom)

Location,friendly staff. Rick was wonderful Bathrooms are beautiful

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Wonderful stay in luxury surroundings
    • Classic King Room

We booked a hotel room for 3 people. We got a hotel room with a king size bed. We had to pay $65 per night for a roll away bed that was not very comfortable.

We liked the bed linens and adequacy of pillows and bath linens

Great hotel, my wife and i will be back.
    • Classic One-Bedroom King Suite

No pay per view on the TV's in the rooms. Honestly, there's nothing really to complain about. Highly recommend this hotel for upper east side guests who don't want to deal with the crowds on Madison down near the 50's.

Great room (executive suite) 1st class in every way.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

had promo rate and they gave me old, dirty, small room with...
    • Classic King Room

had promo rate and they gave me old, dirty, small room with air system that wasn't in very poor condition - noisy and spitting some black grit. awful. beware of promo rates.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Gorgeous hotel with incredible staff!
    • Classic Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

Not much. If I had to comment, I would say the shower wasn't the best and bath was very shallow.

The staff were incredible. They made us feel like it was a home away from home. I ran the NYC half marathon and they remembered and asked me about it that day and the next day. Very attentive.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Hotel that forced cancer patient out because she booked through travel agent.
    • Classic Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

I booked the weekend to say goodby to my nearly stepdaughter only to find I was asked to walk the streets of a foirgen country with cancer, because I complained that I did not know the hotel was a building site.

Frankly nothing! I was made feel like a second class guest. I was told this was because I booked at booking.com. Real guest book at their website.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Truly a 5 star experience.
    • Classic Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

Bathroom was a great size but a tad dated. Turndown service was a welcome touch but minimal [no chocolate on the pillow and no glass of water left on the table].

Service was FABULOUS and truly 5 star. Old school approach with bellmen taking your bags up and opening doors for you. A lost art has been found again at this hotel. Decor is lovely with beautiful French furnishings.

Very good hotel. There are several that are just as good or better in the city for the same price
    • Classic King Room

Requested NY times in person while checking in, but it was never delivered. The cost of the breakfast is higher that better hotels in the city

Friendly staff, clean room, quiet place, location

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Nice hotel, but not super impressed
    • Classic King Room

Our room had no view at all. It had windows which looked on walls on both sides. I felt that the room is rather small for the price, and while the room was clean, and the bed was comfortable, the pillows were terribly uncomfortable (too soft) for both, my wife and me.

The room was well appointed, with tasteful art and furniture. The marble bathroom was beautifully done. We loved the 1 PM checkout.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Nice, but pretty pricey for what other hotels offer in comparison at this price range.
    • Grand Deluxe King Room

The staff was nice, except for the gal at the front desk, she seemed inconvenienced by my initial questions and then frustrated that I wanted a different room. We had a Grand Delux King room, the hotel rooms are being updated, so be sure to ask for a remodeled room or it will not look like the photos. Extremely expensive for what you get, there are much nicer larger hotels for this price range. There was no coffee maker in the room and my husband went down to the restaurant to get me a cup, they sent him to the bar. They tried to charge him $16.00 for coffee, he told the guy they should be ashamed of themselves and he walked a block down the street to get me some. I understand things are expensive in New York and I have traveled there before, but for this price I was disappointed.

The remodeled room was nice and the hotel is in a good location. Walking distance to shopping and the Museum.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Overall I had a peaceful stay. And I will recommen this hotel.
    • Classic King Room

In the room they should provide at least a bottle of water and/or some small chocolates. Flowers also; at least one single rose, as a welcome

The staff were friendly and helpful I had a late check in but when I arrived I already had a room and my luggage was in my room.( I drop my luggage at the hotel 4 hours prior to check in). I also requested a high floor and a quite room away from the elevator and they did provided me with what I had requested.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Excellent value, service for fantastic upper east side 5star hotel!

No complaints.

Everything you mentioned above. Also it was a very quiet and relaxing atmosphere in public areas. Super clean and you have kept up the property and rooms very nicely. Even if the bathrooms are not super large in the single room, the room itself is big and in the bathroom there is a 'cart' of sorts so you have a place to put your toiletries. Doorman Frank was very kind as was your entire staff!

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

great location and style and service, just should be attentive to the room choice
    • Classic King Room

the room was with a "view " to the inner yard with all the ventilation systems, so the nights were like at the airport!

location! decor chic and bar is just splendid!

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Returned back late first night, room was not made up into 2...
    • Classic One-Bedroom King Suite

Returned back late first night, room was not made up into 2 singles ,and Sofa bed not made up, had to wait, we were tired & I made a complaint the next day, complaint was noted, but no one come back to me, still waiting

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Excellent ! Highly recommend this unique boutique hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The wi-fi signal was a bit weak in the common areas

Excellent location and value for money! We love the attention to details - our beds were done twice a day - clean and functional rooms. Very friendly and helpful staff - rick the concierge is full of information . All staff willing to go the extra miles ! We will be back and highly recommend it to friends and family !

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Excellent and will be back next time
    • Classic One-Bedroom King Suite

Sound proofing the windows on the front of the building, small issue but had to put something

Everything was perfect, even down to randomly walking passed a member of housekeeping and getting polite 'hello how how are you today?'

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Lovely!

I feel like there could have been more minibar options. I always like to have extra stuff to snack on if I'm on the go! Also, more bottled water in the room.

The room was so relaxing, you really felt like you were in a chateau in Europe.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Good enough
    • Classic Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

Not any specific though, might have had more efficient services such as the newspaper delivery.

Very convenient yet quiet residential location with good staffs.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Location and comfort of the room
    • Classic King Room

Once you pay for 5 star hotel with Plaza Athenne reputation, one would expect to have everything included in the price or additional services to be fairly expansive but all supplementary facilities were much more than expensive and one cannot expect next time what additional charges would he/she need to pay as overall budget.

Location and comfort of the room

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Perfect place to stay!

Our stay was perfect.

This hotel is very close to the entrance to Central Park where my family and I spend most of our time. We arrived a few hours prior to check in and the room was not ready. We did receive an upgrade to a room with a mini fridge and mini stove. The room was perfect and allowed us to store medication and food for kids in the fridge.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

This has always been a favorite hotel of ours right by Central Park.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom could be larger, but it's NYC, so tight spaces are to be expected. Maybe some complimentary bottles of water in the room would be nice.

The room was clean and nicely appointed. The waiter at breakfast brought extra chocolate croissants at no charge. The waitstaff in the lounge/bar was very attentive and let us play cards with our friends. The concierge was helpful in booking last-minute dinner reservations.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

A European Escape in Manhattan

the hotel is a little run down which is normal for it's age.

I love that they have still maintained an old world European style w no aplomb but with great attention to little pleasures amidst all the speed n modernity if NYC. Dining is still quite formal with fine china and silver white table cloths even at breakfast (v good bagels n cream cheese). they do great comfort food for room service- onion soup, tuna sandwich n perfect fries. I loved their bathrooms -- beautiful marble bath n shower w penhaligon toiletries.

We had a very pleasant stay and enjoyed the location since our purpose was to go to the Met.
    • Classic King Room

No bath tub, no fan in bathroom

Comfortable bed and room

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Rooms could be better

Location Staff Service

Hotel Plaza Athenee

Room service was expensive

Property is beautiful in a lovely location. Staff is very friendly and helpful

Restful oasis in the heart on Manhattan.

Minor thing. There should be coffee makers in rooms

Location, comfort and decor - excellent staff

Fabulous location and it was nice that a courtesy car took...
    • Classic Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

No one to take our luggage to our room so we did. No big deal.

Fabulous location and it was nice that a courtesy car took us to our restaurant !

Browse Hôtel Plaza Athénée traveller photo gallery