Reviews of Plaza Resort & Spa - Daytona Beach 4 stars

600 North Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118, USA

#32 of 82 hotels in Daytona Beach

• Double Room - Oceanfront

The hotel is out dated and warn down. Needs a complete facelift, but they are doing construction. The bathroom is very small for a resort / spa. Pool was dirty.

Room was big and two balconies since had a corner unit.

• King Room - Oceanfront

My room wasn’t ready at check-in. I arrived after 4pm.

The pool bar is fabulous. Food and drinks were great! They also gave everyone a $12 credit to use. I didn’t use the spa the stay, but did on a prior stay and it was luxurious

• King Room with Sunset View

Pool closes at 11 while other hotels are open all night. There is no lifeguard anyways? Our room description also said balcony/patio but we got neither. Upsetting.

I loved the workers at the bar by the pool. Fast and efficient, and kind.

• King Room - Oceanfront

The hotel was full of under supervised kids that were part of a church camp. They were loud into the late evening. That was the first two days. Sat and Sun they did not clean our room. I had to complain and someone was sent at 10 PM. My last full day there was construction that was over 80 db IN OUR ROOM! I was told nothing could be done. I was very underwhelmed. Finally, elevators did not seem to be enough to service the guests much of the time. There were several times we had to wait for a second and third elevator to get off of our floor. Once it was such a long wait I just used the stairs.

Facilities were very nice and well maintained. Room was much bigger than a typical room.

• King Room with Sunset View

Extremely slow check-in process. We waited over an hour in line to check out. Valet was disorganized. The Restaurant 1888 doesn't provide room service in a timely manner.

The location is great, just a few blocks from the Boardwalk. There are plenty of restaurants nearby as well.

• King Room with Coastal View

The pool was closed and I really wish it would've stayed open all night since they did not have a lifeguard anyways I did not see a problem. When we went on vacation we did not just go to stay at a hotel we had a full day of plans. When we got back it was late and we were asked to leave the pool. I think if we are going to pay good money for a hotel we should be able to use the pool. Also it would have been nice if they had a hot tub.

The hotel had really nice rooms, a really great pool, and was right on the beach.

• Double Room - Oceanfront

The ceiling had bubbles in it like it was leaking and the toilet paper holders were falling out of the wall.

The beds were super comfy, the view was great and staff was very hospitable.

• Double Room with Coastal View

At times the hallways smell spoiled but the was clean I guess it’s beca of the reconstruction

Don’t go too Joe’s Crab shack my sister first time eating with us we bragged at first but because the food wasn’t Fresh tasty freezing we left spending $100+ and still had to go elsewhere to eat again very disappointing. The Following morning on the way to eat at Crackle barrel for breakfast we was stop and invited in by a nice guy who work there after viewing the food . Guess what we ate more and payed cheaper prices and ate Amazing food clean tasty and a better Quality to Top that Friendly employees.. Thanks you guys 😊from the 🍑state.

• King Room - Oceanfront

Hotel got very busy at weekends, large groups etc, a bit noisier than midweek but still managed to get a sunbed at the pool.

Easy walk to boardwalks, bars and restaurants. Beach front rooms had a wonderful view of the pool and sea beyond. Rooms were large, clean and very comfortable. Staff very efficient and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

Everything was great.

The hotel was beautiful and will be even better after construction is finished. Loved the free appetizers and drinks on Friday. The pool area was very clean and nice. The pool bar and food center was really nice and so were the people running it. A special thank you to Henry at the front desk. He was super friendly and had an answer for every question.

• King Room with Sunset View

I posted a picture elsewhere but my room window was not clean Bird poo was baked on it from last year. I informed the staff about it and was led to believe they would “take care of it” Also I did not like that they had these additional fees for instance Booking.com informs you that you will be charged and additional $22.00 resort fee....cool...when I got to the hotel I was informed I had to pay $200.00 for incidentals until my stay was over. While I understand this may be common practice I would like to have been charged up front just like I was charged the $22.00 a night in addition. Grand Finale I was able to check in early GOOD. I did not get the room i paid for, I paid for a room with “river view” when I called the front desk to ask why I was looking at the city and not the water I was told that RIVER VIEW MEANS WEST SIDE OF BUILDING NOT A VIEW OF THE RIVER. 😞why? Beds were uncomfortable Pillows were great. Overall this place is interested in paying for renovation process not your experience while at the hotel. Booking.CON says 5.0 I say 3.0 pool was not cleaned thoroughly either.

I like the valet service.

• King Room with Coastal View

The construction eliminated the use of my balcony in the morning during the sunrise and continued to wake me up every morning.Also during a certain time there systems shut down to where you cant fully check out and get your deposit back.That needs to be disclosed during check in.

Cleanliness promptness great location great valet services.

• King Room - Oceanfront

I didn't and don't like the $50 dollar hold on my account after they already had taken$199 dollars out of my account before I physically checked in and also when I physically checked in I had paid the balance of $49 and change.So I'm not happy with the $50 dollar hold so I would nt book with Plaza Spa& Resort again.

I liked the beach view

• King Room - Oceanfront

Some construction going on to repair damage from last hurricane. Noise bad at times, but during time we were out anyway. And they made up for it with complimentary appetizers and drinks during happy hour.

Staff were friendly and kind. A stand-out was Sharon in housekeeping! So nice and welcoming! I was disappointed on days I didn't see her. Building is beautiful. Our room was great. Awesome pool and beach area.

• King Room with Coastal View

There were renovations being made so the parking was a bit difficult, once renovations are done should be a better situation

Room was very spacious and clean. We were very satisfied

• King Room - Oceanfront

It was under construction, which we were told ahead of time and they would start working around 8:30/9 every morning. So it got pretty loud which ended up being an issue for my son. The thing that really ticked me off was the fact that there were exposed wiring under the AC unit in our room. My son is 9 months old and almost put that wiring in his mouth while playing in our room. The manager acted like he couldn’t have cared less about what was going on. He didn’t even apologize for what was going on until after I went down and spoke with him again! Also, the drain in our room didn’t clog so giving my son baths at night was a horrible experiences. And there were no plates in the kitchenette-but there were plenty of all the other dishes.

Bed was super comfortable, location is great (close to shopping and lots of great food places). Housekeeping also was amazing. They cleaned our room spotless and even did the dishes and rinsed out my sons bottle! I was so amazed at their hard work. Because of the construction, they have happy hour from 5-6 and they have an amazing merlot as the red wine each night. my fiancé and i both really enjoyed it.

• King Room - Oceanfront

All of the staff were very polite and friendly. They went out of their way to accommodate any request. Our ocean front room had great views, and the sunrise was spectacular.

The location is fabulous. The pier and boardwalk easy walking distance. Plaza has great amenities, awesome spa, and wristband room keys.

• King Room with Coastal View

The restaurant was off this time. Have changed some things around and was not near as good as it used to be!

We always love everything about the Plaza

• King Room with Sunset View

Our room faced A!A, very noisy with traffic intersection in front of hotel. Next time we will pay more to stay on Oceanside of hotel.

Room was large and bed comfortable, but bathroom a (1) person event. Very small.

• King Room with Sunset View

Bed and room comfortable. Food delicious. Front desk staff Marie, Cora, Kim and Irene friendly and helpful. 1888 Resturant staff friendly, upbeat and attentive especially Jackie our waitress.

• Double Room with Sunset View

Unfriendly staff at pool.. inattentive staff at coffee shop acted as if I was putting her out - sorry to disrupt her reading and very unpleasant not even a welcome or anything when I said thank you so much completely unfriendly

Front desk help was awesome.. free water .. and free WiFi

• King Room with Sunset View

Laundry Facilities were in a very small room with no ventilation. Gym needed more equipment.

Staff were very friendly and attentive. The amenities available were great.

• Double Room with Coastal View

We did not know they were working on hotel. We want there to get away and in the end it did not feel that way at all.

The employees were all great . Everyone was always smiling and would always say hello to me and my family.

BETTER SMELLS OF YOUR ROOMS AND BETTER DECOR,

The INSIDE LOBBY WAS NICE, AND THE YOUNG LADY WHO CHANGE OUR ROOM THAT DAY WAS A BLESSING. FIND OUT WHO SHE IS, THE FIRST ROOM A BAD,😲BAD ORDER😲which room,Little Better😭THE ROOMS HAVE AN ORDOR😲😲 BAD, OLD FINISHED DECOR😣

• Double Room - Oceanfront

construction noise during day was so loud you could not hear the tv or telephone. had to leave the room to keep from loosing my hearing or going crazy

• Double Room - Oceanfront

i didnt like not being able to stay in the room due to a JACK HAMMER being ran twelve inches away in the next room from 10am til 4pm, to remodel is easy to understand, selling the rooms in the middle of the construction area is not.

• Double Room - Oceanfront

The hallways were soaking wet (with fans) I assumed from a leak. We arrived early and requested early check in however our room was not ready until almost 7pm. (3 hours after regular check in) which was tough after 16 hours in a car.

We requested an ocean view room and it was directly in front of the ocean, perfect! Loved the balcony!

• King Room with Coastal View

Parking was limited and difficult. Not enough staff at pool snack bar to accommodate the large crowds at lunch time-too long of wait for food!

Bed was comfortable. Loved that room came with microwave and refrigerator without asking for this as extra. Liked the room key wristband.

• King Room with Coastal View

Construction and noise from street.. the marketplace morning person was very indignant also your staff member by the pool when I asked questions because I was lost with luggage in hand wouldn’t even respond except for a nod when I said go back the way I started fortunately the next guy I ran into who was pushing a cart said oh that guys new sorry about that and he was very helpful and walked me to where I needed to go

The front desk was awesome and the location was great

• Quadruple Room with Two Double Beds - Sunset View

Building was having substantial construction work done due to storm damage and we were not informed. Noise was unbearable 8 til 5 each day

Staff. Location

• King Room with Coastal View

Our room had a musty aroma that was difficult to take. I bought febreeze to manage. Our room was not made up during our stay.

For our event the location was good. The pool bar and restaurant food is very good. Staff was friendly.

• King Room - Oceanfront

Maid service definitely disappointing. First day they never came and second day they did come but did not leave clean coffee cups nor did they pick up a few pieces of trash that was on the floor

• King Room with Coastal View

Not notified of construction work. Woken up to extremely loud construction work - recordings and phone calls were made. Front desk were completely unhelpful and I failed to get through to a duty manager or receive the promised call backs. The queue when checking out was insane, so we missed breakfast. Turns out we should've been told at check in about the work being carried out and offered free complimentary breakfasts the next morning - that didn't happen. We missed the free breakfast, which we were only offered for the first time when we were checking out, even though the breakfast area was now closed... so we were given a free coffee? we were spoken to like we were lying. We were told by the front desk Booking.com should've told us about the work, then told the front desk should've told us. Poor service, poor communication and lack of care left the memory of the Plaza with a sting. The amount of money we spent to stay here made this even worse.

Location was fantastic. Right in the heart of it.

• Double Room with Coastal View

The elevator was a nightmare. We had to wait at least 10-15 to go up or down. I think they only had 2 of them working. The hotel's restaurant breakfast was not good. The service was weird, odd feeling. I felt they hated to be there.

The hotel in under remodeling. So, I felt that the staff was doing their best to keep every one happy. The room was very clean. The 2nd day the cleaners did a really poor job cleaning our room. The pool, and restaurant pool was really nice. The hotel is very close to everything. We did not use our car we walked everywhere

• King Room with Sunset View

LOUD, ANNOYING construction right outside of our window and above us. Ocean view suite views were blocked, we had to walk all around nails and tools. The noise was unbearable and woke us up EVERY morning. Also, we had to keep our curtains shut the whole time because workers were right outside of our window FOR THE WHOLE DAY and could see in. Would've been a privilege to sleep in on vacation!

The room was nice, staff were friendly, beach access.

• King Room with Coastal View

This time it was fully booked with convention attendees and Spring Breakers. Only problem we had was with elevators. At full capacity takes forever to get 1 of the 3 elevators. Then, one of the elevators broke down so the last 2 days of our stay only 2 elevators for the whole occupancy. Also would think that they would have a service elevator available for the construction crews doing repairs and housekeeping.

Third time here, love being ON the beach, beautiful resort. Every room we've had was excellent. .

• Double Room - Oceanfront

The overall service of the staff at The Plaza was appalling. They gave us the wrong keys, our room wasn't ready until two hours after it was supposed to be, and they seemed completely unfazed by the fact that they had told us our room would be ready at four so we had a screaming, wet, and cold four month old due to their negligence.

The valet workers were amazing and very attentive. We also enjoyed the onsite restaurant. Although it was extremely pricey, it was well worth every penny paid for the absolutely amazing food and room service.

• King Room with Sunset View

The facility were rude. They didn’t clean our room for like 3 days straight. They had construction going on at like 6 am and it was extremely loud.

Absolutely nothing. Waste of $500 spent.

• Double Room with Sunset View

I was overcharged over $240.00. There was one person at the front desk when I checked out. They could not expalin why. If you can't resolve this, I will be disputing the charges with my credit card company. There was a "promotional channel rate" charge of $89.25 on the bill and the person at the front desk could not even describe what it was for.

nice property... overcharged me by 25%

• Double Room with Coastal View

The breakfast buffet wasn’t good. The eggs were runny and the bacon wasn’t done. The cost of the room.

The location. The staff was very nice. Covered parking was good.

• King Room - Oceanfront

We paid for balcony ocean view room. We could not open door to patio (not a balcony) and ladders going to roof. Asked for New room they did not care that we were not happy. Others who checked in later got great rooms. We will never go back it was a waste of money

Location was great

• King Room with Sunset View

We had the street side and it was almost as if the window was open because of how loud it was. We went during bike week so sleeping at night was rough.our sunset view wasnt great because our window was so dirty too.the pool was advertised as a heated pool but honestly it felt like the ocean, cold.

Staff were great, bed was super comfortable, loved how close to the beach we were.

• Double Room - Oceanfront

Only negative they were painting balcony but gave us free volchers for breakfast, which was very nice.

I liked being able to walk everywhere & the staff was top-notch!

• Double Room - Oceanfront

the service in the restaurant wasn't very good. the server wasn't attentive and we also got the wrong change when we paid

i liked the room and the pool and bar were very nice and the staff was friendly there

• Double Room with Coastal View

The staff stated that I could check in promptly at noon and I was unable to check in until 3:45pm. Housekeeping skipped cleaning our room everyday. The construction starting very early EVERY morning!

Coastal view of the beach.

• Double Room - Oceanfront

Construction on hotel and a new building next door was loud and annoying. Jack Hammer at 9:00am every morning. I had an ocean front room but couldn't hear the ocean because of all the noise.

Great location. Nice rooms. Spa steam room and jacuzzi were great.

• Double Room - Oceanfront

Staff doesn't have it's act together. Arrived before check in time so room wasn't ready. Checked in and told I would be called when it was ready. I checked with the desk multiple times over the next 5 hours, then told to come back after 4. When I came back at 4 I had to wait in line for an hour, just to get my keys. The line went across the lobby, with only 2 people working. Looked like the manager kept coming out to look at the line, but then went back into an office! The first night the AC sounded like a freight train and the tub wouldn't drain. One night our room wasn't cleaned.

Location is great. Right on the beach.

• King Room with Coastal View

Lots of construction noise, they need to invest in soundproof patio doors. Street traffic continued all hours of night.

Right on beach. Beautiful view

• Double Room with Coastal View

Everything bed bugs, construction, view sucked, staff was rude, stained sheets, and the building was falling apart

Nothing, worst hotel ive ever stayed at

• Double Room with Coastal View

Construction was a nuisance and we couldn’t go on the balcony during the day. Staff would not let me drink my coke bottle by the pool, and made me return it to my room. The only option for a drink was to buy one at their pool bar.

I liked the location of the hotel with respect to the downtown Daytona scene. I liked the beach access so close to the hotel.

• Double Room with Coastal View

The fact that no one told us there was a $250 holding fee on top of everything we had already paid, even when I called and asked in advance specifically so I could know if I needed extra money. Checking in was very unpleasant, I got asked if I was 21, despite handing the woman my I.D. We were not allowed to have any guests that were not staying in the hotel, we were not allowed to go out on our balcony from 8-5, we did not get an “ocean view” but we got a view of a construction site, construction woke us up every morning.

• Double Room with Coastal View

Food and drinks on site were priced VERY high. Comped $12 for alcohol (for three people?) upon check-in. That would cover one shot of Crown at pool bar. Had bf buffet 1x. Drank only from buffet. Food choices not exciting. Food not hot but was replenished even tho we arrived near closing. Most expensive meal we ate in 6 days. With taxes, exceeded $60.

Staff was great - all of them. Facilities older but kept up. Beds slept great. Balcony a must have.

• King Room - Oceanfront

The hotel is very dated and not very clean. Bathroom had hair on floor and tub area and not long hairs. Nasty. We also experienced the construction men outside our sliding door at 7am. Not a good vacation start left after 1 night.

View was great

• King Room with Coastal View

High resort fee of $22/day. Construction at hotel woke me up more than once. Valet parking was understaffed and had a tough time keeping up with demand. Had to wait for more than 10 minutes several times for it vehicle. Not much more to say other than Booking.com needs to lower their review length requirements!

Location, staff, and amenities were great. Pool area was very nice. Bartenders at lobby lounge made good conversation. Food was excellent. Rooms were clean and housekeeping did a great job. Not much more to say other than Booking.com needs to lower their review length requirements!

• King Room with Coastal View

Only complaint was construction at entrance. But detour was well marked and valets were wonderful.

Second time I have stayed at this hotel, very satisfied with entire stay.

• Double Room - Oceanfront

The hotel was under renovations, the bar was closed, the room was humid, stuffy and hot, the air conditioning was a joke! The menu for the restaurant was nothing special although it was pricey. Didn’t offer complimentary coffee in the morning, only Starbucks to purchase. We only stayed one night, but if we had made reservations for a few days or more we would have gone next door to the Hilton for the same money!

Henry at the front desk went above and beyond to help me locate the USA today newspaper, he called the Hilton next door and had them hold one for me. He was incredibly helpful and had a great disposition, he was really great!

• Double Room - Oceanfront

Parent Lee there was a resort fee that I had to pay which I didn’t use anything in regards to the resort I didn’t get a massage I didn’t use anything but I still got a charge of $74 which I think is ridiculous and it was not mentioned when I book this trip through booking.com very disappointed way too expensive to

View was beautiful

• King Room - Oceanfront

The balcony was off limits due to construction work going on and we had no idea till we got to the room after we paid for the room with a balcony. The whole reason we stayed at the hotel is because the view from the balcony was incredible and we paid the price we did for the balcony I feel like it wasn’t a great trip and sort of a waste of money we could’ve stayed at any other hotel that was cheaper with a balcony as well... Will not be staying here again!

I liked the location it was in the center of everything that we did. And the staff was sort of helpful.. Could’ve been better tho.

• Double Room - Oceanfront

Building being renovated. Found out when we arrived not when we booked the room. Probably would have cancelled if we had been aware.

Staff was excellent

• King Room with Sunset View

Bathroom very small. The check in process was very confusing in the lobby. The food in the restaurant was served cold I would not recommend this Hotel to a friend or a business associate

Good location.

• King Room with Sunset View

Bed wasn't very comfortable. The long wait checking in when they expected 500 people to attend the Smooth Jazz Weekend. They should have utilized more staff. I would think that on a 'normal day' this long process would not take place though.

Staff were very friendly!

• King Room with Coastal View

I did not like that my credit receipt at the pool area included a section for an additional TIP when an 18% gratuity was already included in the price for the food I had ordered......bad form indeed.

They are doing a pretty good job of keeping up an older building. The pool area was pretty cool looking and the room A/C was way more quiet than the ones I am used to hearing, and the bed was pretty awesome. I would definitely stay here if in the area again.

• Double Room - Oceanfront

The amount of construction from the hurricane is expected. However, when I called to ask if there was construction I was told minimal. However, it was awful... I requested 1st floor because of anxiety of heights. But after trying to cancel, could not get my money back after staying there for 2 hours. So we stayed and was moved to the 10th floor. Their was literally a construction worker on our exact balcony at 8:00am with a jackhammer.. Woke us suddenly and startled us...... Complete disappointment w/ hotel..

• King Room - Oceanfront

I have stayed at this property before and had a wonderful experience. After convincing my wife and three other couples to join us for the weekend, we paid a kings ransom for ocean front rooms with a balcony and received ocean front rooms with no balcony access due to construction and windows so dirty you could barely see through them. The fine print on Booking.com stated the construction was to end by August 30, but upon arrival in late November the hotel construction was ongoing. I was told by hotel staff that any compensation was to come from Booking.com, but Booking.com told me the hotel was responsible for maintaining the fine print tab on Booking.com. Sounds like a scam to me and my friends. It will be interesting to see if either of the two step up and do the right thing.

The valet attendants and bar tenders were the best. They were always friendly and and made you feel welcome.

• King Room with Sunset View

I really expected the restaurant to be better . Ordered a steak a little pink in middle got well done with steak sauce poured over the entire steak . I never eat steak sauce. It turned out ok but could of been so much better. Heated pool could of been a little better on temp. Love the poolside bar and food 2 years in a row the blackened man I tacos were awesome

Location . Tv and available channels . Parking.

• King Room with Sunset View

The renovation by our room that was going on.

The front desk young African American lady who attended us was very friendly with a great knowledge of the hotel and explaining us to the amenities from beginning to the end. The staff did not hestitate to help or answer questions, very helpful. Oceanfront views from the balac0ny was great and the distance to everything was amazing walking distance.

• King Room with Sunset View

reservations for a ocean view, received a street view, hotel couldn't move us they were full, notified u, said it was their fault, hotel said it was your fault! u did nothing wont ever use u again !

hotel staff were excellent, first time at biketoberfest it was awesome!

• King Room with Sunset View

Construction makes access a little more difficult, and it is time for a facelift, which I know is on-going.

The staff was sooooo great! The spa facility and staff were excellent, so relaxing

• King Room - Oceanfront

The prize of the buffet was a little expensive for the things that they offered.

I liked the privacy, the staff and location of the place. I liked how we got our room just like we wanted overlooking the ocean except we did not get a king room but we understood it was because of hurricane Irma.

• King Room - Oceanfront

A little inconveniently the balcony and windows were closed due to refurbishment works

Very good location, friendly and helpful staff, comfort rooms, excellent beach!!!

• King Room - Oceanfront

We had Room 701. Small bathroom with no counter space and weak exhaust fan. If you want guests to re-hang their towels to save on washing, then you need to provide more towel bars. Housekeeping needs to check the walls for hair that has blown & adhered to sweating walls.

Location, friendly staff. Awesome wrist-band hotel key.

Read paragraph above.

Didn't enjoy our stay at this hotel at all. We were on our tenth anniversary, and it was the worst hotel we have stayed at in ten years. They messed up our room requests, I had requested no air freshners be used in our room, they failed to do that. Also front desk was supposed bring up several items for us over the three nights we were there and never did. Loud construction was going on as early as 8am, and continued all day. Food was terrible at the hotel as well.

• King Room with Sunset View

Maintenance seemed not to have answers about some of the construction. Some restaurants appeared to be closed at time of visit.

The service was outstanding! Appreciate the interest taken in my needs, and their asking for my thoughts about the accommodations. Rooms were clean with no issues. Nice hotel with amenities.

• King Room - Oceanfront

Overpriced. Ice machines weren't working. Paid for oceanfront but what good is that if the balcony is sealed off? Construction that was supposed to have been done by August wasn't even close to completion. Of course they blamed hurricane Irma but she didn't come until Sept.??!! That was just an excuse. Hotel staff uses the same elevators as the guests. This hotel has the potential to be amazing because the inside is very nice. I hope they continue to make improvements but for the price we paid I'd rather stay at The Hilton or Oceanwalk. We didn't eat herr so I can't say How the food was. They have room service but it's an automatic service charge of$3.00 and 21% gratuity added to the bill.

Rooms and hotel were clean. Check in/out was quick .

• Double Room - Oceanfront

due to storm damage we were not able to access the balcony which would have been nice and was the reason we wanted a beach side room.

good location for the event we were there for.

Browse Plaza Resort & Spa - Daytona Beach traveller photo gallery