Reviews of Hotel Point Loma 2 stars

6.2

3.0
    not very good'
    • Standard Queen Room

no towels, water wouldn't come on in shower had go down to front desk and ask for towels, they didn't know any thing about the shower. I canceled the next 2 days and shouldn't have paid for the first night. I will not recommend point loma hotel to anyone

Not well kept at all! Understaffed and room looked like not cleaned!
    • Queen Suite with Kitchenette

Room not clean. Bath tub plug did not work in several rooms, even though I called prior to ask if bathtub worked.No maintenance person to fix or buy one. Room was dirty! Bed hard as a rock.

Love point loma!
    • Queen Suite with Kitchenette

Someone complained that we were stomping around at 11 pm. When the staff came to the door to let us know, we were laying on the bed. Pretty stange, we weren't even walking around, let alome stomping.

Perfect location, clean room, friendly staff, stylish decor. Loved it!

You can hear everything around you, no privacy.
    • Standard Queen Room

Parking is very limited, first come first serve. Walls are paper thin, not really any privacy for couples. Good for a night or two by yourself or with a small family. I checked out an hour after arriving and went across the street to the Ramada. I got a refund for my entire week except the first 48 hours.

Location, staff is extremely accommodating. Multiple restaurants within walking distance. Near the harbor.

the room i reserved on booking.
    • Studio Suite

the room i reserved on booking.com was not the room i was given. After going to the room and realizing it wasn’t the room i paid for i went to the front desk to inform them, I still had to wait 30 minutes before I was placed in the room I had originally reserved.

Roaches.
    • Studio Suite

Roaches. Theives will steal from you. People stalking you to see what they can take from you. Nasty hookers

Great Place to Stay
    • Standard Queen Room

Parking is very limited. After 10pm it is like a game of musical chairs.

Extremely friendly staff! Hotel is close to everything in San Diego. Very clean.

Bad area, uncomfortable nights, will not stay here again.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The parking lot was tiny and the first night we could not find any parking there or on the street near the hotel. We had to park a couple blocks away. The beds were unusually uncomfortable and the room was tidy but not clean - lots of grime on baseboards. Very busy street with lots of traffic noise. Someone had a huge, loud party with loud music and singing and unsavory sounds all night long on Friday night, keeping awake myself and my children until at least 3 in the morning. Though the location was convenient, it did not feel safe and certainly was not restful.

The front desk clerks were pleasant and helpful. The hotel was near a Starbucks and grocery store. There was a microwave and mini fridge in the room.

Uncomfortable, due to the issue described above.
    • Queen Suite with Kitchenette

Either the picture on Booking is outdated or a lie. I booked this room because it was described as accommodating 2 adults and 2 children. The picture of the room showed a sleeper sofa. At some point they admittedly removed the sleeper sofa, so Me my wife and handicapped daughter, had to buy an air mattress, because this was the day before Thanksgiving, and we were unlikely to find anything else. I could have cancelled for no fee, but we would have had no where to stay. They argued that maybe I thought I booked the wrong room, and I can tell you, after traveling with my daughter, I am VERY observant as to what I am booking. At the very least, a discount would have been appreciated. So be sure you are getting what you pay for at this shady hotel!!! Also, the floor was filthy...we had black feet from walking around...MOP IT!!!

The Kitchenette suite was recently redone and nice.

Ok for the price
    • Standard Queen Room

Only 1 coffee cup, damage to counter, traffic noise, 2 out of three lights in bathroom not working, damage to table top, little shelves that were above the sides of the bed.. could have hit one’s head easily, not enough parking

Water pressure, comfy bed

Might stay again
    • Queen Suite with Kitchenette

We came at a time when the whole hotel was booked by bikers. Parking was very hard to find and they were always outside. Apparently several had a medical marijuana card and the smell was so bad in our room we contemplated checking out early. However management handled the situation after speaking with them. I would definitely call and be sure they’re not going to be there when you go.

We liked the kitchen and the fridge in the room. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was very nice.

FAIR
    • Studio Suite

The room wasn't ready at 3 pm check in and had to wait outside for them to finish. The parking was not good. People double parking and asking to wake them up when you want to leave?????

price

Would not stay there again

Parking was awful. Place looked like it just woke up from the 40's. No ice machine? Really? Blow dryers only on request. Paid 100+ for rooms in advance that were available on that date for $70. What a crock!

Location was great.

It was a nice hotel the employees were nice just need to have the AC working and fix the parking situation.
    • Standard Queen Room

The AC didnt work the room was HOT all night. There was no parking we had to park off the property.. There was no ice machine

It was clean and nice on inside of room

The hotel staff was really nice but there was no continental breakfast no laundry and the soda machines are out of order
    • Studio Suite

That there is absolutely no parking they have like maybe 22 rooms and 12 stalls for parking so just know you may not have parking

It was next to the marina

I enjoyed my stay, there was so much to see in this area, the beach is awesome.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

roaches, but that's not uncommon in an area by water.

Everything about the room was good, comfortable. The San Diego Airport is so close, there is so much to see in the surrounding area, very nice.

🌞
    • Queen Suite with Kitchenette

Room #106: Nice large bright room! With a seating area & a full kitchen! Feels more like a studio apartment than a motel room. Makes ALL The Difference‼️

Not worth the trouble !!!
    • Queen Suite with Kitchenette

The picture of the room that we booked was not available The manager was unwilling to talk to me him or herself and they were not willing to offer us anything to make up for the fact that we did not get the accommodations that we were under the impression that we booked. The hallway to the room and the room itself smells like feet. When housekeeping came to clean the room when we were gone for the day didn't make the beds gave us towels but the towels looked dirty and the floor mat was still wet like they never replaced the format that was there from the day before. We checked out on Sunday and Monday they charged my card $20 for a damage sheet!!! When we checked in they charged us a $50 security deposit...... The $20 charge was after they refunded that security deposit. When I called and spoke with a young girl at the front desk who was very pleasant and apologetic and talk with her manager who again would not speak with me on the phone and let me know that they would be willing to refund me the $20 for my troubles but have no idea why I was charged the $20 in the first place.

The Decour of the rooms were nice and remodeled .

Avoid
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Made reservation for a room with 2 beds. Got 1 bed. AC kept shutting itself off and i sweated on an uncomfortable bed all night. And staff was smoking marijuana in the office!

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Hotel Point Loma ruined our family vacation.

Absolutely everything about our experience was awful. Including the manager never calling us back to address the issues we encountered.

This hotel completely ruined our vacation. Long story short: after booking a multiple night stay and having my credit card charged in full for the stay, (nearly $500) we arrived and were told our room was having issues with the door and we were ultimately turned away. The attendant was rude and totally unapologetic and it took a week to get our money back. Moreover;due to the full weekend in cali no other rooms were available in town and at 2 A.M. my family was forced to drive back home which is more than six hours away. This was the worst hotel experience of my life. Sorry that Booking.com is working with such a place.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Cute little hotel, with some cheap features.
    • Standard Queen Room

The beds need bedskirts. I don't feel comfortable with the box spring exposed. It looks cheap and dirty. I asked for a room with one queen size bed. We ended up with two queen size beds. Had I known, I would have brought more people to occupy the space.

The beach theme was super cute.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Everything was perfect !
    • Studio Suite

Floor had a bit of thick dust sticking to the foot all the time. Can be improved.

Everything was perfect !. Staff, kitchen, parking, facilities.. all were awesome.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

If you are looking for a room with a tub pick something else
    • Standard Queen Room

We picked this location for the tub, but they don't have water stoppers so you can't use the tub. Staff said water stoppers are a safety issue and the tubs are for showers use only...

I like the location.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Good value and close to most areas
    • Studio Suite

Wifi did not work most of the time, minimal amneties, if u like being at home

Extra wide bed for 2, walking distance to waterfront, restaurants, stores..., centrally located to most san diego activities

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Stay away
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room had not been cleaned. No towels. No toilet paper. No cups. 5 people booked in but only enough coffee for 2 The floor was so dirty that the children's feet and socks were pitch black after a few minutes. Supervisor was rude and dismissive. Would not recommend this place to anyone Photographs on web were no where near reality.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Why NOT to come to Point Loma Hotel in San Diego ?????
    • Studio Suite

1. The room did not look like the pictures displayed on the web site. This room does not include the mini-kitchen 2. During the time that we stayed there we never received the housekeeping service 3. At the time that we made the checkout (5:00 am) no one was in the front desk, then we delivered the key through the door. Later in the afternoon they called me to ask me if I have an additional guest in the room, because one person was in the room after we left. It is not may concern if they do not have the appropriated security in the hotel. I DO NOT recommend this hotel for your family!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Great location, but misses the mark!
    • Studio Suite

The kitchette had no cooking utensils or dishes.they provided us with only one towel for two guests and gave us bath mats as our face cloths. When we asked for anything, we were treated as a inconvenience to the front desk Staff

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Surprising budget room
    • Standard Queen Room

Staff at checkin was rude and disrespectful. Bath towels were really small.

Surprisingly large and well appointed room. Kitchen and refrigerator was provided. I got a special deal ($72) so had low expectations.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Very clean, but no frills.
    • Standard Queen Room

very loud noise from street during the day. luckily at night it was quiet enough to sleep.

Very clean, nicely remodeled, but basic. There was no place to hang up clothes and no "desk" and no chair. There was a table below the tv, but I don't think it was supposed to serve as a desk.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Nice room, inconvenient parking lot
    • Standard Queen Room

Parking was horrible!!! Very very limited. My boyfriend is military and had to be up at 4 am to go to work, ended up being an hour and a half late because the manager of the hotel wouldn't tow the cars blocking him in. And they wouldnt pay for the uber! (The cars blocking him in weren't registered to any guests and the signs all said unregistered cars will be towed). The car didn't leave until about 1pm that day. Maybe about 8 spots in the whole "parking lot"

Very modern simple interior. Very comfortable!

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Horrible Hotel and Service
    • Studio Suite

Everything. Front desk clerk was rude upon arrival. Gave our family of four a room with only one bed even though our reservation was clearly for four. She said it wasn't her problem, it was booking.coms issue. Until I requested my money back so we could leave and got on the phone with booking.com, she finally came up with a room to move us to. No kitchen as promised or as we already paid for. Pictures were obviously right after fresh paint and rooms possibly staged? Room smelt musty and there was residue all over the desk. Would never stay here again.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Can't put lipstick on a pig
    • Standard Queen Room

No towels. Had to get some from Front Desk. Noisy location. Booked 2 nights and wanted to cancel one and could not. No manager on site for 4 days. No one cleaned room for next nite. Door to the hall would not close.

The proximity to the Sea Food Restaurant.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Terrible!

Parking was awful. The staff was extremely rude. The room was nothing like the pictures. The only thing that was updated was the bedspread. The room was very very outdated and in desperate need of maintenance. The towels were supposed to be white but looked like a light brown color instead. Towels were as old as the hotel I believe. None of the amenities listed were available such as photo copy, hairdryer, free parking. I travel at least once a month and have to say that this was in the top 3 worst hotels I've ever stayed at. In a suite designed to sleep 4 people we were only given 4 towels for the entire 5 day stay. Upon check in we had to wait an additional 30 minutes for a room to be cleaned even though we didn't arrive until 4 pm. At 2am every morning it sounded as if they were rearranging furniture in the room above us and it lasted for 2 hours every morning from 2am to 4am. I would not even recommend this hotel to the homeless people who slept on the sidewalk and in the bushes along the front sidewalk of the property.

Location was ok.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

It was ok but wouldn't return.

Parking is extremely small. We had to park a block away the first night we stayed. The bathroom smelled of mildew. And I found a booger on the wall. Yuck. I have never been to a hotel where they charged for toiletries. My husband didn't realize I had already packed shampoo for us and used the one provided in the shower to later realize it was being charged. Oh well. We were only provided one towel and after the room was serviced we weren't given a new one and had to ask for one in the morning. The single bed room is very small. Maybe that's why we weren't provided with an ironing board? The front desk clerk was not friendly. As far as customer service goes, maybe a smile or a friendly hello would make guests feel more welcome. It is customary for housekeeping to knock before entering a room. Probably not here. I was getting dressed to leave and check out. Housekeeping walked in on me while I was in my underwear. Not a nice way to leave.

It's in a convenient location. My family and I had a concert to go to at the Humphreys by the Bay venue and it was very close to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Plenty surprised
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Only complaint and it is more of an observation was that beds take up entire room, hard to maneuver around

Everything worked and was centrally located. For the purposes we needed on the trip it was a pleasant surprise

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Cleanliness
    • Queen Suite with Kitchenette

The room was not properly cleaned. There was other people's hair around the bathroom, and you could tell the shower wasn't cleaned very well per reminants on the floor of the tub as well as the walls. The floor of the bathroom turned my feet black as well.

They did a good job on the remodel.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Exceeded expectations and what was wrong was corrected.
    • Standard Queen Room

no ice, no towels (given upon request) and a/c loud but hey, it was a $67 room. can't complain.

There was unexpected items that made it a very convenient stay: microwave/frig/full length mirror and desk. Snacks in office. Also she put me in a quiet corner room which I really liked!

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

4.5
    Did not enjoy the room at all as we booked thinking we could be self sufficient and cook.
    • Queen Suite with Kitchenette

Booked room with a kitchen, no utensils or pots and pans. No point in having the convenience of a kitchen when there was nothing provided and we were offered utensils to hire only to see they were stored dirty with food still on them.!!

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

The bathroom and kitchen area were nice.
    • Queen Suite with Kitchenette

Place could have been cleaner, felt like the room wasn't cleaned well after the people before us were there.

The bathroom and kitchen area were nice.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Doesn't look like the pictures

Rooms weren't ready when they were supposed to be. They said to come back in a half hour. 1 room was ready in 45 minutes, the other over an hour and a half. Housekeeping didn't come one of the days we were there. When they did come, they took one of our travel gym bags because it was gone when we went to pack our stuff to leave. Also there are not enough parking spaces for the amount of rooms. We had to park over a block away one of the nights.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Great spot for the price, only a couple negatives but would stay again anytime!
    • Queen Suite with Kitchenette

It was really loud when neighbors took showers, kind of obnoxious. You could hear the neighbors baby at times, but not to the point where it upset us.

The location was great! Room and hotel was nicely updated.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Terrible service and uncomfortable!
    • Standard Queen Room

The front desk girl was super unhelpful. She gave us a key that didn't work, and then acted annoyed when we told her it wasn't working. She reset the key and we opened the room and someone else's stuff was in there! Good thing we're honest people because we could have gone through their things and stolen stuff. Totally unprofessional. The room they finally got us was tiny and humid and there was sunshine else's hair in the shower. The bed was terribly uncomfortable. We couldn't wait to get out of there and we're glad we only had one night booked.

Pretty good location to SeaWorld and Mission Beach.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Do not bring you family to this hotel!!
    • Queen Suite with Kitchenette

The Wifi didn't work half the time. The maid only cleaned the room once during the whole week. I was asking for clean towels everyday. Worst hotel I've ever been in !!!! Bad neighbor hood too!

It was the only available hotel room at an affordable rate.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Solid little lnn!!
    • Standard Queen Room

It was a safe neighborhood, the room was just like it was in the pictures! Very clean, AC was nice and cold, close to the harbor. If you plan on making your food at the inn make sure you bring your own pans, utensils ect. Other than that was it's a solid inn!

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

Location was good.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We booked a room with 2 queen beds for 4 adults. Got to the hotel at around 4:30 pm 7/13/16. The woman at the desk had given our room to someone else and tried to put us in a single queen room. She then put us in a single queen room with a sleeper sofa with a mattress that felt like a torture table. Claimed that was all that was left. We went to the store and bought an air mattress and made due. Not too impressed and defiantly will not go back. Oh and not enough parking for the amount of rooms.

Location was good. Close to beach and sea world.

Great local

Great local

Terable
    • Queen Suite with Kitchenette

One room smelled like weed. One room has a runinf toilet I had to fix.

It was close to a nice walk

The location was good.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Too small, parking not good. The room was alright

The location was good. The room was alright

The desk clerk was very friendly and made me feel comfortable
    • Standard Queen Room

It was a non smoking facility

The desk clerk was very friendly and made me feel comfortable

The faucet on the sink was broke leaking toilet water was...
    • Studio Suite

The faucet on the sink was broke leaking toilet water was coming out the bottom the heater smell like rotten eggs

Wasn’t happy
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

It’s small and old not kept up

Nothing horrible hotel never will recommend this hotel

Great location, had a great 3 days. I would stay there again
    • Standard Queen Room

Not squeaky clean, little house keeping, lack of parking. More rooms than spaces

Great location to see San Diego, quiet at night, comfy bed

Rosecrans traffic noise

room size

room size

Nice and close to the yacht club.

Convenient

Very nice

Just fine.
    • Standard Queen Room

Wish i had stayed longer.

Young lady at desk very helpful and sweet.

Good

Not too many parking

Good and quite

We enjoyed our stay.
    • Queen Suite with Kitchenette

I didn't get the room I looked at.

It was roomy enough for my kids.

Friendly staff, clean room

Small parking lot

Friendly staff, clean room

The room was very clean.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The room was very clean. Tha kitchenette was a very nice aminity. And the property is in a nice location.

Near by places i wanted to visit

Parking

Near by places i wanted to visit

Ok if sleeping is all you want.
    • Queen Suite with Kitchenette

Too expensive for what we got. Dirty wood floor needed mopping. Not enough parking. No food.

Two beds, ok bathroom and tv

We loved Port Loma and all it had to offer in sightseeing, etc.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

No ice machine. Refrigerator did not work. Parking was difficult.

Daytime office staffer very pleasant. Beds clean and comfortable. Hot water.

Not enough parking and no ice machines

Not enough parking and no ice machines

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Convenient, clean, reasonably priced
    • Standard Queen Room

What's not to like? Convenient, clean, reasonably priced.

An easy walk to a great coffee place, breakfast restaurant, Shelter Island, etc.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Clean hotel
    • Queen Suite with Kitchenette

Noisy car traffic and people outside at night

Clean hotel

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Hotel needs to train staff to be more "Aware" of what people need!More towel,tiolet paper ,tissue,an
    • Queen Suite with Kitchenette

Ran out of towels! Floor "Dirty" in room after maid cleaned!

value was good!

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Don't waste your money
    • Standard Queen Room

It is definitely not worth a single star. Don't waste your money and find another place.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Standard Queen Room

....keep a room filthy...3days....

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

good location, except being too close to busy street
    • Queen Suite with Kitchenette

Too close to busy street. Overnight moving car noise

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

So fresh and so clean.

Fresh and new

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

the sheets texture

the location and the room size

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Good deal
    • Standard Queen Room

Quiet, and walking distance to great restaurants and the bay.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

No dresser or place for your things!
    • Standard Queen Room

No dresser or place for your things!

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016