Reviews of Polynesian Isles Resort By Diamond Resorts 4 stars

3045 Polynesian Isles Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL 34746, USA

#3 of 235 hotels in Kissimmee

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Property a little dark had to have the lights on all the time

Good all round excellent facilities in the room although had to ha e lights on all the time as it was very dark I. The room

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Staff trying to sell us timeshare as soon as we arrived and everytime we went to reception, also no bar on site

Clean, tidy and a great location as close to the Disney parks

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Time share sales tactics, promotional offer aggressive sales pitch at concierge. Despite me telling them not interested, pushy saleswoman kept insisting.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Room floors were dirty, food on the floors, tiles were sticky, furniture was old, tops of coffee table and TV stand were delaminated. Bed was hard and lumpy, pillows were to soft, asked for a queen bed in spare bedroom, it had two twin beds. Asked for a view of the pool or lake, got a view of tennis courts. I should add we reserved two two bedroom suites and both were in the same shape, the other room when opening a louver bi-fold door the louvers fell out. On the patio the screen door was kicked out on the bottom and in the other unit the latch on the screen door was hanging. The TV listing stated it had HBO, not the case. Overall We were not impressed as it was the first family trip with my daughter and son-in-law, and we had high hopes of a nice resort.

It was close to the attractions

• One-Bedroom Suite

Old furniture. The bathroom fittings (shower heads, water taps, etc) are out-dated, they don't work properly. The AC fan is not controllable. The carpet is a bit smelly.

Very spacious studio. 2 bathrooms. Nice fully equipped kitchen. Quite and beautiful surroundings. Close enough to Disney World and Sea World. Lots of restaurants and shops nearby.

I have no complaints

I was extremely happy with our stay. We were staying here to attend events at ESPN...which was even closer and easier to get to than I had anticipated Within a 5 minute drive are many stores and amenities...the unit was clean and large, kitchen had all that was needed to cook and eat..easy access to bbq's and pools The biggest standout really was the staff...super friendly and helpful---without being asked, just observant and caring enough to instantly assist if they saw a chance to step in

• One-Bedroom Suite

Couch and chair in sitting area were old and very worn - recommend replacement. Asked for short check-out extension from the evening manager the night before our departure ... which was granted, but the extension was not logged into their computer (ooops) so the morning staff didn't know that an extension was approved. A minor hassle, but the morning staff was courteous about it.

Very friendly staff. Very nice property and amenities. Nice pool. Kitchen was well equipped and bathrooms looked recently updated. Bed was very comfortable.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

There was no excitement on the premises other than the swimming pools no food places or bar areas on the premises

The property was nice,easy access to apartment ground floor

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Only the Laundry. This is shared outside ofnur room with one other room. So we couldnt run in and out while laundry was going. Didnt matrer in the end as the washer did not work well (could have been the detergent). The main issue was the Dryer never did dry our clothes - after over an hour. Took home damp dirty clothes and wasted 2.5 hours of a day :-(

Location! Spacious rooms. Updated room and bath...all very well equipped. Grounds were beautiful!

Nothing.!!

Lovely location every think was within in easy reach, parking was very good and the pool was lovely, clean and warm, lots of sun lounges and chairs to sit round the pools. The apartment has everything you could possibly need. If I'm in Kissimmee again I will definitely be staying there.!!

• One-Bedroom Suite

the Decoration of the suite was very old-fashioned, the furniture, the sofas in the living room very old with brown fabrics that seemed dirty. We would not seat on the sofas. Also the living room was dark, natural light from the window was not enough. It was a place we were not longing to come back to after a tiring day at Disney parks..I think the furniture and carpets need refurbishment, I would not recommend the resort in the current state.

Great location, and large apartments in a natural environment. Very modern and comfortable kitchen and bathrooms, but very old fashioned furniture and decoration of the bedrooms and living room.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Everybody was friendly. Cleanliness of property. Units close to pools and hot tubs. Close to Disney and other attractions. We went to Old Town park, lots of rides and car show Saturday evening.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The apartments do not have a lot of light. Furniture is a bit old.

Very spacious apartments. Very good location close to main activities in Orlando. Nice resort, well maintained.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

We can not get the room at the date of arrival due to no room avialiability at that time . I booked the hotel 7 months before the arrival . I was traveling alone with a kid . So , they suggest me to get to another hotel 7 miles away . I was really shocked and frustrated . It’s was late evening and they finally provide some taxi to a new place . We had to stay there for 2 nights and then come back to original hotel . When I arrived after 2 days at 10 am , they said that my room is not ready yet and I had to wait 5 hours to get in . Not feeling good about staying at this hotel

• One-Bedroom Suite

My stay was overall very good, but I was extremely frustrated with he lack of your staff knowing whats going on on the property, I am paralyzed and use a wheelchair to get around and I specicfly need and requested an accessible room with a roll in shower yet there was for some reason a great difficulty with this not only before I left for my trip but also when I got there. After driving nearly 20 hours to get there upon check in the workers at the desk informed me that they didn't have the room I booked available for me, despite not only booking that room but also calling a few days before I left home to confirm it. After much confusion and back and forth with may different employees they were finally able to get me the room I initially booked but was told id have to wait a few hours until it was ready even though check in was at 4. All said and done around 6 pm we got into our room and enjoyed the rest of our stay.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Getting cold calls to my room to come down to concierge desk for timeshare or something of the sort.

The grounds were decorated for Christmas beautifully

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The shower in the smaller bathroom had massive water pressure to the point of hurting. But we just used the other shower. No big deal.

The staff was very friendly and I loved how secure the facilities were. The room itself was huge, clean, and very comfortable. It is like staying at an apartment; equipped with everything.

• One-Bedroom Suite

No facilities like shop, bar of restaurant on site. No pool bar to get a tea , coffee etc.

Spacious rooms and well equipped kitchen. Bathroom was also very big and great shower

• One-Bedroom Suite

Check out is too early. I requested late check out on bookings.com but the reception didnt acknowledge it so there was confusion at check out time.

Lovely room, very clean, private and I loved the balcony! It was private enough that I didnt feel like i was sitting in the open, yet I could see and enjoy the views around me.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The sofa was really worn out and you could not sit on it comfortably. The chairs and carpet were okay, but again really worn out.

Everything - the pool and the unit and the location

• Two-Bedroom Suite

I only ran into one issue, I was located on the second floor and the guests right above me on the third floor had young children that were running and stomping as soon as the sun came up and even in the evening before bed. It was unpleasant to be waken at the crack of dawn. I did notify security, but unfortunately that did not help. It seemed as if it got worse.

The place is beautiful!! The bed feels like a cloud! The room comes equipped with EVERYTHING you need. I really enjoyed my stay. It reminds me of Westgate Resorts. The staff was so friendly and the location is excellent. Easy to visit theme parks near by, restaurants and shopping stores.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The friendly staff the location of the property and the resort itself

Everything on the resort is superb esp the staffs like the front desk Wanda ...definitely we are coming back again ..

• One-Bedroom Suite

A few critters got in but that's to be expected. Not the best cable it came in and out on a few channels and it needs some cosmetic therapy IE fixtures, carpeting, curtains etc but it wasn't a huge deal. With all the amenities this was not even a con.

Everything was phenomenal it's my new vacation spot. It's a true home away from home! The place was super clean and inviting. Amazing bed and sleeper sofa. Had cable and wifi free. I especially enjoyed the full kitchen fully equiped and stocked with kitchenware and dish washer. The unit also boasted a washer and dryer and two bathrooms with lots of closets and a safe. It also had BBQ facilities and everything you needed was complimentary. The property had a pool and hot tub, a playground and a mini golf course. Truly a gem!!

• One-Bedroom Suite

Horrible Wi-Fi, the internet connection was really annoying

Location location location, it's in a very good location. Clean, quiet, excellent kitchen

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Little mix up with the concierge and the offers and promotions. But it was rectified in a timely matter. I think there should be better communication about promotions to guests.

The fact that they have security was a plus and you can't just get on the property without a parking pass.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

This is not bad at all. Small water heater. Not enough for 4 people. Maybe Tankless Electric water header or gas to avoid High Cost for hotel and only on demand vs actual electric water heater. Not bad Sometimes is good to have a cool water. No than cool because is Florida. Just a plus. When you walk a lot in Parks you need to have a good relaxing shower.

No question about is a excellent hotel. Clean, well located. Amazing customer service. Well maintained. We back for sure. We recommend to our family and friends.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The guest above us was making noises like horses running in a stable but we called the front desk and it was immediately taking care of still had an awesome time

Great and we will be back again Family Vacation 2018. 😁

• Two-Bedroom Suite

There wasn't much I didn't like.

Friendly Check-in, spacious and clean accommodations, proximity to fuel, major roads, food, parks and Krispy Kreme (I couldn't help myself), several pools, nice grounds and security. Great for a family. We had a two bedroom unit and loved it. Everybody was very happy with our accommodations.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Few things were broken inside the room

The room was spacy to accomodate a large group and it had everything needed to enjoy stay linen, utensils, cookware, appliances, refrigerator, & stove.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Didnt use the coffee maker because it's not working despite it was changed twice

Great accommodation! Friendly staffs and room ammenities are awesome

• One-Bedroom Suite

Wi-Fi was free which would have been a great plus, but since it was open to the whole resort logging in and staying logged in was horrible we had to keep logging in. I needed the WI-FI to check work emails but had a very bad experience with it. When I was searching to book the resort I had read that the cost of the internet was $8 for 24 hours which I was willing to pay if that meant getting great internet service. One other thing that bothered us a bit was baby ants running all over the kitchenette sink every morning, we had to keep all the food on the table away from the sink area.

Great price and great location. The suite was amazing the rooms were a great size, the bathrooms were great our bathroom was beautiful had a Jacuzzi style bathtub, the kitchenette with provided cooking utensils, including frying pan and pots, toaster, and blender which was a great help so we didn't have to go out to eat as much we were able to cook in the room. Great size TV's in each bedroom and in living room with sofa bed. Nice balcony. Swimming pool area was amazing and beautiful. Close to everything, from a Walmart to good restaurants. Downtown Disney also close by. Parking area was great with security at entrance when returning back to resort.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Heavy luggage may be an issue with stair access only for the higher floors.

Friendly reception staff, location. Spacious suite. Well equipped kitchen. Chaise longues in master was a nice touch.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Could have had a few more pots in the kitchen, but not bad selection.

The beds were comfortable. The master bathroom was huge. The overall rooms were spacious. Would definitely recommend this property.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

I wish I would have realized I didn't need to listen to the concierge about the timeshare stuff.

The staff was very hospitable and genuinely nice and I noticed their demeanor passed to all the guest. Everything was clean and comfortable! They even head double shower heads in the master bathroom! There were several different pools and hot tubs. There was a playground for the kids. There were a variety of activities you could do with the kids (crafts,movies,etc.) They had gas grills available that they came to help us with and they gave us grilling utensils. I honestly will be a repeat customer!

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The size of the accommodations for the price outstanding. Very clean and so organized. Loved washer dryer and resort provided enough detergent for one load, wow, helpful!!! Resort even provided beach towels. Incredible value and staff super friendly!!

• Two-Bedroom Suite

There is not much not to like at this resort.

The resort is very quiet but close proximity to everything. Walmart is within two minutes drive. Just off the 192. Very beautiful surroundings. The apartment is perfect.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Noticed our room was warm when we first checked in, and it did eventually get so bad we couldn't even stay in the room with my 4 kids. It was hotter in our room than it was outside, and it was at least 85 degrees out! I had to keep complaining to please help us, had maintenance in room to keep trying to fix, but there was only so much he could do. In the end, the AC for that room was no good and we ended up having to change rooms at almost midnight, which was total inconvenience to me and my family. The upgrade room was much better, but disappointed it took so long

Loved that it had everything on site: pools, tennis, mini-golf, shuffle boards, hot tubs, etc

No negatives.

Property and tropical gardens were well kept. Room was immaculate, kitchen, appliances, etc. looked new. Bathrooms were exceptionally clean. Staff was friendly.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

We loved the area and facilities, however it was not mentioned, or sent that we were expected to sit through a presentation for the purpose of buying into the resort. Therefore as our time was very scheduled when we said that we did not have 90 minutes to sit through a presentation, it was not well received. Loved the facilities...the sales pitch was a surprise to us.

We loved the facilities.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The dryer wasn't drying the clothes. The bathroom door in the master room was completely broken. I wish I had a door to use the bathroom for privacy from the others in my family.

It was clean and comfortable. Updated kitchen. And I loved the quietness around the property.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

I don't think anything could've been better it was an excellent trip

Staff was so nice especially the guy at the front desk very helpful and he knew everything even gave us a few pointers on where to go

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The beds could've been more comfortable and I didn't like climbing 5 flights of stairs to get to the room. The suite numbers should be posted on the front of each building(maybe a sign in the grass). I went to the wrong side and so did another guest. It was frustrating climbing the stairs to find out it was the wrong side.

The property was well kept and clean.I felt it was a safe and secure property. The foliage and landscaping was just beautiful. The pictures from the website were true to the rooms and property.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Absolutely nothing everything was perfect...oh but no iron or board hubby was upset....

I'm surely telling my friends and family about our stay we loved it...beautiful cozy...friendly. .we will be back...thank you

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite

I would have like a kettle on the room rather than just the coffee machine as I'm a tea drinker.

Big fluffy towels that you could actually wrap round your whole body

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Booking.com gave the impression that payment would be made at the property. Instead the hotel did it weeks before arrival with no warning. I also didn't like having to pay a separate resort fee.

Fantastic location within easy reach of all theme parks and shopping. Great sized apartment, plenty of space.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The beds and couch were uncomfortable and the living room rug was heavily stained. Definitely in need of replacing couch and living room rug.

Beautiful large condo that was well equipped and clean. The location to the Disney parks, food, and stores can not be beat. Very friendly staff and the property was beautifully maintained and felt safe.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Staff excellent, room was cleaned twice a week. Located just off 192 so in the middle of everything. Facilities fantatstic Will be going back

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The furniture was very dated and looked dirty I didn't want to sit on the couch at all...yuck!

The apartment was vary spacious and accommodated my family well!

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The only downfall is not having designated parking spots for each room.

We Love that they offer two bedroom two bath suites/apartment for our large family! The kids love the pool and mini golf! I Love that the staff is always super nice and helpful in anyway.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Could do with a small cafe/bar onsite but it's not far off 192 which has plenty of options

Clean,comfortable, friendly helpful staff, very roomy and well kitted out two bedroom apartment. Would definitely book again.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Very good apartment for a family with kids, nice space, very clean, free wifi. The pool is very good, and we enjoied the free activities: we played tennis and basketball. We loved the layout of the hotel with nice villas and al lot of geen space.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The fact that when we checked in and our room was not ready we were not extended the courtesy of a late check out and had to rush to vacate our room by the check out time of 10am was not a highlight of our stay rather a disappointment.

The accommodations were great, but that was the only amenity we used as we were away everyday and did not get to use any of the resort activities.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

Although located in the middle of a subdivision - liked it was gated, pool area was great and loved the spas tucked in around the property. Close to ESPN WWoS and other entertainment.

• One-Bedroom Suite

There were amenities that we were looking for, that this place just doesn't have: no shuttle to and from the airport, no shuttle to the parks (Disney, etc), no restaurant on the premises. If you are here for a few weeks and want to rent to condo, this isn't a bad choice. Not a good choice for a week's stay, especially when going to the parks is your focus. The $100 deposit for your room did not get credited back to my account for 5 days after we left. Also, on the day we checked in, the man at the front desk double charged my credit card for the resort fees. This also did not get charged back to my account until the following week, which was pretty aggravating. All in all, I wish I would have known ahead of time that these were condo rooms, not really hotel rooms. Live and learn. Finally; beware of booking this place off the app(booking.com, etc), you will not be able to cancel at no charge like other booking.com hotels. And, they will take the entire amount of the hotel right away. Only book if you are 100% sure this is what you want, this is how we got stuck.

The pools and hot tubs were nice. Nice, big rooms. Updated kitchens with dishwasher, stove, microwave and fridge. The bathrooms were large and spacious, especially the master bath.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Maybe up the security as more than one vehicle was broken into during our stay. And access to a radio/music in our rooms.

We enjoyed the friendly staff, visitors that we met and times at the pool and hot tub. Very relaxing and most enjoyable.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

When I arived i stay 3 Hrs to get my room key , and the staff in resption he did not find my booking until i call booking and they conformed to him my reservion. The staff at repstion are not frindly or helping, you should solve your problem with your self 5 day's i was staying i don't see the housekeping come to my room for cleaing it.

The room is big, nice and clean

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite

It is not the cheapest place in Orlando, but, it's worth it!

We had a wonderful stay at the Polynesian! The room is very, very big and quite confortable. Although, the resort is not located close to the Int'l Drive, there are many restaurants and outlets nearby. Moreover, it is half way to the WDW parks. The team, also, desserves 5 stars!

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite

I requested a first floor in the older section, in writing, & was told we needed to call for special accommodations, & written requests were not read!

The complex is a smaller size, & there aren't so many other people.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

Didn't have a very good view off our balcony. It overlooked the tennis court

The rooms were clean and it was like having your own apartment in Florida.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The carpet in our unit was tired and old looking.

The staff is extra friendly and helpful. The grounds are beautiful and very well kept. It's like coming home when you arrive because everyone is so welcoming.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

As great as the size and layout of the suites are, the decor is starting to show it's age a bit and it may be time soon to call in HGTV's Property Brothers to do a bit of redecorating to get it into the 21st century. As well, we have a 2nd floor suite and you could clearly hear the people on the floor walking (and ceiling creaking) when the family were walking - which kept on long after we wanted to go to sleep. My recommendation is to ask for a 3rd floor suite.

Great location (access to parks, entertainment, restaurants, golf courses, etc). Facilities and staff are top notch & professional.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

Lovely condo resort in a quiet location 10-15 min to parks. The apartment was spacious, modern, comfortable, well-appointed and clean. Kitchen well equipped. Hot tub/spa, pool areas and grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Excellent wi-fi. Highly recommend

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite

There were small ants in the guest bedroom. But, it's Florida

Our condo was very spacious and comfortable. Well stocked kitchen and double shower head in master bath was amazing. There was a Jacuzzi steps away from our door, which was private and quiet . Watching the chameleons on the screen was entertaining . Super close to Walmart and Disney

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The salt and pepper shakers are small.... Yeap... everything is good

Everything is nice and there is no exceptions Specially reception desk workers Mr effe And the yong lady that i forgot here name

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

The master bath was luxurious, with 2 powerful shower heads, the screened balcony overlooking the lake is private and enjoyable, the landscaping is well maintained and very beautiful. The rooms are clean and the staff is amiable.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

This hotel is great. The accomodation is spacious, comfortable and clean. It was perfect to take a rest after a busy day. I also appreciated we were allowed to make a late check out.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

I really can't say there was anything we didn't like. My only suggestion would be is to update the furniture and colors. It is a bit dark and outdated. But, still very nice!

Very comfortable. Pool is wonderful!

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The carpets and bathroom furniture looked a little bit outdated.

The 2 rooms apartment is so big, and comfortable. The complimentary laundry room just outside the room is also very good. The kitchen was amazing! The resort area is quiet and very beautiful.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite

There has to be an alternstive to pullout couches. One person sleeping on them is awful, 2 is ridiculous in less it is little children.

Location from airport and Disney, spacious, clean rooms, grounds and amenities.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Nothing all good

Everything was fabulous the grounds were amazing the pools and hot tubs were terrific and the suite was magnificent . Handy to shops and restaurants brilliant place would definitely go back

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite

We loved everything! You have every thing you ever needed in the kitchen, the staff is very nice and helpful. This is our second time there, and im sure it's not the last.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

The only problem we encountered was BooK It. Com telling us that resort fees were previously paid for. Please don't list this as paid on e-mail when in fact they were not. Did not start our vacation well!!

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

A fault on the dishwasher reported on Sunday morning had not been responded to by the time we checked out on Wednesday.

Comfortable furniture/beds, excellent location.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The site was quiet, comfortable and made us feel as if we were back in Hawaii - the grounds and spacious rooms were perfect for our group with lots of kitchen utensils to cook if we wanted to!

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

They charged us from visa more than was in booking confirmation !!! about 20$. First we thought it was a tax but it wasn't and when we came thet let us pay again taxes and climate fee!!so be careful ! Another thing they keep your deposit very long -few weeks,so it's complicated when you are on holiday. And we had an apartment on a highway side- big noise when you open windows.

Apartment was clean,spacious and with full equipment.very very nice!!!