Reviews of Portland Pensione 1 stars

4.7

4.3

5.5

4.7

Q: and roaches? A: and roaches.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Roaches. The other tenants. People seem to more or less be living here and you're a guest to their lifestyle.

Great location. Breweries in walking distance.

The manager was nice as could be considering what he had to work with .
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

The wi-fi was very weak , there was no tv . there were lots of bugs and the bunk was uncomfortable , I wish I was kidding but I'm not . I think I deserve at least half my money back .

not much .

It's the best that you can find for that price.
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

This place is close to the best mall in portland (I'm talking about the Lloyd Center). In the administration you can get food and drinks. The roomates are the best!

Wasting money
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

Everything: Room: there are trash and garbage over the floor, cigarets are in the toilet and bath. People always smoking in the room. Kitchen:nothing I could used because of filthiness. Of course when you eating l, people are smoking weed next to you. Wifi: very week. If you stay more closer to entrance, getting better. Shower: water is no problem. but tub is filthy of course. It can be better which room you stay in. That would be tossing the coin, please don't do that. If you want to stay calm and enjoy the city of Portland,had better not stay here. However just for a night, I can say it's fine.

Totally nothing for positive

Traumatizing
    • Queen Room

It was like staying at a crack house. The manager was trying his best but.the place was a dump.Tub was plugged and didn't get it flowing until second day

Remember that scene in Event Horixon w
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

Cockroaches, fruit flies, feces in bathtub,feces in sink, crazy homeless people wandering around, taking my stuff and moving me to a dif room full of said crazy homeless ppl while I'm gone. This place should be condemned.

There is nothing to like about this hotel, it is seriously worse than sleeping in a ditch.

Location and the young man who worked there.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

According to your website "The total price shown is the amount you will pay to the property", we were charged an additional $36.30 upon arrival. mattress and box spring were on floor, no towel bars, no hand towels, paint chipping, no carpet, no kitchenette, no cable TV, no work desk, no toiletries. We expected austere but this was beyond.

Location and the young man who worked there. He was so nice and always cheerful. It was wonderfully quiet.

Cheap and nasty
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Careful, you get what you pay for. It's old and falling apart. Underfunded and understaffed. Owners need to channel funds back into the place, their greed is written all over.

Friendly manager

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

The host is really a nice guy.
    • Single Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The host is really a nice guy. People who live here are willing to sharing things. The neighborhood is a little bit unexpected at first but it's just matter of time to get use to it. The whole experience is really good.

Never again
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

Highly suspicious and dangerous place to stay. Very likely that owners are on drugs during most of the time, rooms are terribly dirty and stink, the price is ridiculously expensive for the place. Don't ever stay there and ask Booking.com to take it out from the list.

The room smelled strongly after cigarettes ( I don't...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The room smelled strongly after cigarettes ( I don't know if it was because of the room next door or the room already smelled like that due to other guests smoking in the room we stayed at).

It's a place to sleep...
    • Queen Room

There weren't any towels or even racks for the toilet paper, no bedside tables or chairs, and the cleanliness of the walls and floor could have been better overall.

Quiet, manager tried very hard to make sure we were comfortable

I feared for the safety of my partner and myself.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

It's a crack hotel for what they are asking for and what it actually is is pretty disparaging. Please have the decency to check on some of these places that your business is willing to promote and make money on. Im sure I'm not the first who's brought this to your attention about this hotel(?). As of now I'm not using your site anymore for fear of being suckered into a poor deal like this one.

Nothing!!

Never again
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

The place smelled terrible, no clean blankets or pillows. The bathroom was dirty, full of hair and clothes all over the floor. The people were very strange, couldn't trust them. I would never stay there again.

Close and cheap, but filthy.
    • Queen Room

Dirty, mattress on floor, full of cockroaches, left over food in fridge.

Walking Distance to Convention Center, parking inside courtyard. Check in staff was friendly.

disgusting
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I disliked everything! The staff are rude, disorganized and on drugs. The apartment was dirty and lacked basic service. Overall, the apartment and staff were disgusting. Given these, the apartment cost is too high.

Hostel-like accomodation...bring-your-own almost everything
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Office was not staffed; my room had no towel, toilet paper, toiletries, waste can, or table. Only overhead lighting. Neighboring room's occupants were loud enough to wake me in the early hours of the morning (with a dog). No password for Wi-Fi (Trivago site said it was available in public areas....there were no public areas). Room had an odor (?) but I opened the windows; ventilation helped. This wasn't a Bad place to stay - just not what one typically finds. Having vocal late-night neighbors and no towel or TP were the worst aspects.

Location was within walking distance of the event I was in town for. Neighborhood of older homes was quiet, especially for being only a long block away from a main street. Off-street parking. Room was large and airy, with working small refrigerator, microwave, TV, bed (with bedding thank goodness), one chair, a cubby instead of a dresser, and a small food-prep nook with sink.

Crack hotel from "breaking bad"
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Most horrible place I've ever visited. Staf was rude, disorganized and clearly on drugs. Rooms were really really dirty and had no furniture other than a nasty looking bed. I'm surprised we didn't find any heroine needles in the room.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Not for Complainers
    • Deluxe Queen Room

This is a great place, I suggest if you are staying longer than one night to bring your own comforts, towels, pillows... but this is a great place to stay everyone is sweet and accommodating

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Everything is horrible about this place.
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

Everything is horrible about this place. There are tweakers making drug buys and drug sales 24 hours a day. The worst part is that the staff are all heavy drug users so they accommodate all of there drug friends. So if you are not a heavy meth user I would recommend staying some place else. It definitely is not worth the price, this place should be closed.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Avoid this location
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

Big mess when I did arrive after 5 pm ...actually I did cancel my booking, for another room the price was more as in other hotels... When I did try to ask more details with the staff the answer was " I am just working here" when I did asked about the manager the answer was " just by the mail" when I asked for refund the mail was " no refund possible " so I do not recommend it !

Position and internet

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

not recommended.
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

not recommended. Poor service and they are screwing up my booking by giving me a smoking room. They do not take responsibility for their action but instead blaming the customer of not checking. Totally rip off!

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Cheap
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

There was a fire about a week before. No hot water so needed to shower in the front. They checked out sheets, blanket, and towels. Rooming with random people.

Cheap

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Shitshow
    • Queen Room

Where do I begin... the first room we were given was too far from the WiFi access point. The tv was broken and there were guys dirty boxers on the kitchen floor. The second room we had to request towels and bathroom supplies. It's run down. Its not even worth its cheap price.

They let me keep my dog there.

Low price, low expectations
    • Queen Room

We got put next to a room that was blasting loud music all throughout the day and into the night. I think there was only about 2 hours that the music was off. The beds were so stiff it was almost like sleeping on the floor and throughout the night I overheard 2 seperate verbal fights that didn't make me feel safe staying there.

I got to check in early because the room was ready.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Worst ever...
    • Queen Room

The place was falling apart. Sheets not tucked in, no blanket, bedspread stained. No screens on windows, towels mismatched, food left in refrigerator, CONDOMS in drawer. Floors bare wood with tape over splinter areas. TV was a 12 in and no remote. Worst ever.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Central and convenient - not for fancy people!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Room was cabin-like, so everything we brought smelled like old cabin when we left.

Best bang for your buck for location in Portland that we could find.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Big mistake
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The room wasn't prepared for our arrival (no linens, not cleaned). A sketchy place. No wifi.

Four bars of facial soap and a big container of cooking salt were provided. The toilet was clean.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Woman at the reception agreed to keep an eye on our bags...
    • Queen Room

We spend a night at the Portland Pensione and it was the worst place we stayed in the US. Very expensive for what it is ($85) And apparently you have to bring your own furniture (no chair, no table, no garbage bin ..) Also no flooring, the bathroom tap was broken, it was dirty, old and creepy.

Woman at the reception agreed to keep an eye on our bags before the check-in time, which was nice.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Worst experience ever!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I found a little bag of meth on the tub, the pillowcases had stains and were mitchmatching(blue & pink). There was no bag to put trash inside the waste basket. The comforter had cigarette burns on it. I only had towels no wash cloths? The window latches are broken. The person staying next to us was not only robbed(intruder climbed through the window I'm betting his latch is also broken), but he was also raped by two men and drugged?! Scary experience I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. First and last time staying there.

The staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Meth den poses as hostel
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

I have traveled quite a bit and have never met a more disgusting person or stayed in a more disgusting place. Do yourself a favor and avoid this hotel like the plague that it is. (For context; I have traveled in many third world countries and I am hiking the pacific crest trail [i have been sleeping on the ground for months], I don't need amenities) This wasn't a hostel (as it was advertised online. It was a meth den of a hotel that overcharged and added hidden fees. There were tweakers in the parking lot throughout the night making noise until around 4am. My key to the room didn't work so I had to be let in by the other members of the "dorm." The beds were revolting, i'd be surprised if I don't have bed bugs and the cleaning guy came in and bleached the bathroom at 11pm so the room was filled with chemicals. The woman at the front desk was one of the most abrasive people I have ever met; she was talking about adding an extra fee to the room after I'd arrived (there were "extra fees" added post booking on booking.com which was already shady and I thought she was trying to add more.) Worried that I was getting scammed, I tried to talk to her about what these fees were. She immediately started screaming and cussing at me telling me to, "pay the extra money or get the #%*+ out." If a score of zero were possible this #%^* hole would have that score.

There is literally nothing to like about this place.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

An eyesore to a great city.
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

The room was small with too many beds and not enough rooms for the people booking rooms. The staff was unfriendly and always seemed unsatisfied. There were little to no facilities to use that made it different than any other hotel. They left you with one towel the whole time I was there (8) days. And the fly and roach problem made me cut my day short.

It was in a very comfortable and accessible area. There were restaurants around and in a good walking distance to downtown. Very beautiful sights. But nothing about the hotel itself I would consider likeable.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

The worst place in Portland?
    • Deluxe Queen Room

This was most filthy, decrepit place I have ever stayed, anywhere. No ceiling. Just bare wires and dust. Bugs everywhere, including bedbugs. Filthy floors and bathroom. no furniture, not even a chair. This place is a residential motel for several people, including junkies and prostitutes. Loud noises at night and in the morning. South facing windows meant for a hot afternoon and evening. I can't believe this place is licensed to rent. I decided not to take pictures because they would be too gross.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Disgusting, and not worth the money.
    • Queen Room

Bottom-line: this place is very overpriced, I wouldn't even pay $20 a night to stay here again. It is not on par with other properties in the same budget. Their refund policy should tell you something, run away now. We would have left immediately if we had been able to cancel or get a refund. This place is the absolute worst place I have ever stayed and I am not hard to please. I should have read the reviews on trip advisor before booking. Two formerly homeless people said the shelters are better than this place. It is bad. First we arrived and there was some fishy confusion about how much paid through booking.com and how much we still owed since "hotel taxes went up since we booked." We felt swindled but after doing the math it turned out we ended up paying exactly what booking.com quoted so I don't know why that was so difficult. I used booking.com for 2 other properties on this same road trip and they had no problems with our reservations. We checked in after 4pm and they were still "cleaning" our rooms. When we finally got to our rooms, they were bleak. Dirty and lazily maintained to say the least. There were no pillowcases on the pillows. We were informed that was because the laundry service did not return the pillow cases with the clean laundry, but reading other reviews this seems to be a common occurrence here. We were given mismatched pillow cases to put on the pillows ourselves. There was no trash can in the room. We had two rooms and the a/c in one of the rooms was filthy and very weak. We hoped given time to work it would cool the room down by night time, but we ended up having to contact the manager before going to bed about it. I will give them credit, I was impressed they actually had a brand new a/c on hand to put in that night for us, I thought and secretly wished we were going to have to leave.

Not much, the surrounding neighborhood was cute. Our fridge and microwave seemed reasonably clean and worked. I didn't get bed bugs, ring worm, or lice, and yes that was a real concern...

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

A crack house scam
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Everything. Our dog ate something from the floor and we were truly scared it was rat poison or drugs. This place is horrifying and grotesque. Just don't fall for the scam

This is a crack house that somehow has advertised on a real booking site. They get you to commit online and then refuse your money. Its a true scam and literally a drug addict refuge

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Only stay there if it is the last resort!
    • Queen Room

We got last minute Twenty One Pilot tickets and everything near the Moda Center was booked except this place. Room was perfectly fine just the place had sketchy people living there! Only stay there if it is the last place in town! *We ended up camping at the Moda Center our first night. We came back to shower in the morning and the Manager saw us and said"we thought you checked out, a lot of people just leave." Hmmmmm!

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Appalling.
    • Queen Room

This wasnt a hotel, although i have no problem with them. It was my first time using booking.com, and i certainly wasn't expecting the site to promote places like this - I will never use your service again and will recommend thay everyone I know does the same. There should be a bare minimum of quality assurance in running a service like this... What's more is you're rating platform is very misleading - a more accurate reflection of how I'd rate this place is 0 out of 100 because it doesn't even qualify as a hotel/motel, but of course I can't even input my own score as it has conveniently been taken care of for me.

Worst in my life
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Place is very dirty. Looks very shady

This is the worst property ever. Checked out a day early and wasted money

Dirty and uncomfortable and wrangle etc

Dirty and uncomfortable and wrangle etc

Horrid times at suckmore delinquint life.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

It's a former drug dealing residence. People knocked on our door every 30 min all night long. Owner would not give discount or refund.

Don't stay here, it's a waking nightmare.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Don't stay here, it's a waking nightmare.

If you are just looking for a stay for a small amount of time the Pensione is a good place.

No meal included.

The stuff was the friendliest I have ever met.

the staff very friendly

not clean

the staff very friendly

Good value but won't be hurrying back
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

Cleanlines needs more attention. Bathroom suite needs replacing. No common room.

Good price, friendly staff

It made the stay in Portland comfortable
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The building manager was very helpful and is doing a great job at improving the quality of service he has to offer.

Worst experience ever
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

I don't recommend this place at all! The place was dirty, not friendly and really really bad.

Highest recommended place when looking for affordable clean and friendly accommodations in the city

Nothing!!! Love everything!!!

Best value and accommodations for your money!!!!

Fair price and good location

Bathroom shower

Cockroaches

I made friends

Fun Weekend
    • Deluxe Queen Room

very bare place, but was perfect for my trip

the manager was a great guy, really made me like the place!

Rien
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

Never saw in my life a dirty room like that... For the price is unbelievable!

Rien

Hotel Hell
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Was basically ripped off by this establishment

Nothing !!!

Cheep

Not cleani

Cheep

Horrid!
    • Queen Room

Cockroaches everywhere including the bed.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

It's not under the code
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

The owner was a crack and have a drug addiction

Mo

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

It really sucks!
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

It really sucks! Don't live in this hostel. It's like hell.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Priced for the experience
    • Deluxe Queen Room

There wasn't any trash cans and the bedding kind of smelled.

It was cheap and convenient

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

It was clean and the staff was very friendly.
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

It was clean and the staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Portland was great! but,,,
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

Everything was not good. I was disappointed .

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Better options
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

Bad location and number of strange people living or staying there.

Cheap but very sketch area

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

So bad
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

So Bad not kindly so loudly heavy dirty

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Nothing like The pictures, the place is hostil and neighbourhood is creepy

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

This place needs complete updating.
    • Queen Room

This place needs complete updating. Windows don't close and lock properly and you could see daylight around the door.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

A lot of fascinating characters lurking around,...
    • Single Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

Fo the standard, ut should habe been cheaper

A lot of fascinating characters lurking around, anthropologically interesting ;)

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Room was mostly clean and was pretty cheap.
    • Queen Room

Staff and tenants were super weird.

Room was mostly clean and was pretty cheap.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Anything

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Worse motel experience ever!!!

Everything!!!!

Nothing, there were no lamps in the room or a trash can!!

• Reviewed: 27 May 2016

The manager does the best she can with what she has.

The facility is sub-standard. It is very run down. The room has one light. The bed has no mattress pad - questionable bed bugs. No electrical outlet in the bathroom. No working internet. TV is outdated and remote doesn't work to shut off TV. The chairs provided are very uncomfortable. Public safety is questionable.

The manager does the best she can with what she has.

• Reviewed: 2 May 2016

It could have been a nice room had it ever been cleaned.

Filthy, dirty, nasty. Bug droppings all over the place including the towels. Hairs all over the tub and sink. Stained up sheets and pillowcases. Everytime you go out of your room one of the residents asks to bum money or cigarettes. People live here so they are a bit too comfortable, yelling, playing music, etc. the woman who checked us in said the $10 service charge is to pay Booking.coms fees to the hotel so you do end up paying booking fees After all. It's so not worth $80 to stay here, this place is awful.

It could have been a nice room had it ever been cleaned. I've stayed in worse, but not for this price! Don't be fooled by the room photos, it looks like that only covered in filth so bad you won't want to touch anything, ever heard of a broom or a mop people?!?

• Reviewed: 22 March 2016

It was terrible. I had no expectations and don't mind smaller flaws but there I feared for my safety because it seemed likely to be mugged or bothered in other ways by drug addicts that live in this "hotel".

Nothing! Bad neighborhood, bad people hanging around, all in all a scam business. They don't care about you staying there as long as you make the non refundable payment...it's a shame you still offer them on your site!

• Reviewed: 18 March 2016

Surprisingly quiet, spacious mini fridge and microwave.

Very basic. 2 towels, no soap or toiletries. Not many cable channels and the few times wifi would connect the signal was extremely weak. Wifi was a big deal to us but other than that the room was good if you just need somewhere to sleep and shower. Roxy was very nice and personable. Good value stay.

Surprisingly quiet, spacious mini fridge and microwave. Not many extras but the bed was comfy, HBO, heater/cooler unit worked well and several food options were within walking distance. Shower water was hot and pressure was amazing!!!

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

Awesome location.

Long term residents live in this hotel and frequently kept us up until 3 am. Walls are thin and they were loud all 4 days from 11pm to 3am.

Awesome location. We did a biking vacation of portland and this place was a 5 minute ride into downtown.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2015

Absolutely nothing.

This place is not like the photos do not stay here you wont get your money back. The rooms smell like drugs are cooked regularly. None of the outlets worked.

Absolutely nothing.

There are also 32 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.