Reviews of New Haven Village Suites 3 stars

3 Long Wharf Drive, New Haven, CT 06511, USA

#5 of 9 hotels in New Haven

OK for a stopover on the way to holidays.
    • Studio Suite

Rather low-end bathroom (although clean) Location is good for a stopover on your way, but I would not spend my holidays there (industrial area).

Size of the room Breakfast Rather pretty hotel Everything is there but (as expected) nothing really above average.

Great staff.
    • Studio Suite

Better with a pool - play and picnic area could accommodate this.

Great staff. Good breakfast. Dinner included MON, Tues, Wed. Free shuttle to town, supermarket.

Location great if you want to just stop off for night as...
    • Studio Suite

Quite tight for a family of four.

Location great if you want to just stop off for night as right on the edge of interstate 95. Nice walk down to the shore, though nothing else around.

Out dated, toilet paper on the floor as well as the old...
    • Studio Suite

Out dated, toilet paper on the floor as well as the old toilet paper roll behind the door on the floor.Tooth paste still in the sink from the last people. The burner on the stove was broken and sticking up about 3”

• Studio Suite

This is one of the filthiest places I’ve ever stayed. The safety lock was broken and falling off, we had to push the couch up in front of the door to feel secure to sleep. I specifically asked not to be anywhere near cigarette smoke, as my son has issues, we had to turn the air conditioner off at midnight because the smell of cigarette smoke was filling the room. Peeling wallpaper everywhere. Very unkempt and outdated. The outside was filthy also, garbage everywhere. We didn’t even get in until 8 PM just for a quick sleep. I would’ve rather slept in my car. Stay away for the price. I told the manager as I was checking out and he just stared at me dumbfounded. No apology or offer to refund even partial funds.

Nothing. This place is a dump. Stay away!

Overall I am not happy with the stay!
    • Studio Suite

Dining area not clean, toaster was not working, on the second day no breakfast provided! No do not disturb placards in the room!

Comfortable bed, cleaning staff and receptionist Tye was very helpful.

We came for a wedding and wanted to be close to it. Since we werent staying in much this was ideal.
    • Studio Suite

We stayed in room 122. The downstairs bath is icky. The couch there was stained with god knows what. We were tired and didnt want to bother to move to we covered it to avoid seeing it with the extra sheets from the closet. During the night we called for additional sheets because there was no flat sheets on the bed. The first 2 times front desk answered and said it would be there. An hour and a half later no sheets and 3rd call in no answer. I had to step out at night to find an employee to get sheets to sleep on. This was frustrating.

Really large space. Great for extended stays. Breakfast was okay. Manager was super helpful. The rooms are generally airy and nice based on what I saw of the other units.

Generally unsatisfactory except for the size of the room
    • Penthouse Suite

Cleanliness and housekeeping standards were very poor. All the rooms had bad smells (one smelt like cigarettes), there were stains on the wall and sofas. The first room we had had an ant infestation, and there were leftover hairs on the sheets of our first room.

The size of the room was good, and the number of televisions was handy.

Ok but could have been better.
    • Studio Suite

Had asked for rooms adjoining as I was travelling with my aged mother, but on check-in, was told that the room types we booked did not allow. Worse, the rooms were on the second level, which wasn’t great access for my mum. Would have liked to be advised beforehand.

Comfy bed. Decent breakfast.

Good value for the money. Good place to stay for a Yale reunion.
    • Studio Suite

The interior of the room had some things that should be updated. Like one mirrored door was broken. Also, on the second floor, I had to carry up my own suitcase. That was a pain.

The room was roomy and pleasant. The patio and surroundings were also very nice. Climate control was good. Room was quiet. bed was comfortable.

It was secure and safe.
    • Penthouse Suite

No pool even though pictures of a pool. Also the breakfast was underwhelming. Lots of stairs to penthouse.

It was secure and safe. Weird surroundings, however it’s gated so nice and safe.

It immediately became home and served our needs very well. We loved staying there.
    • Studio Suite

The keys were not great. Had to be replaced and still did not work well.

We wanted to move in for good! It was perfect. The staff was amazing (Linda!!!!).

OK but needs updating
    • Studio Suite

Our suite was a little tired; needs some refurbishment - but staff kept it very clean.

Reception was very friendly; even found us some food as we arrived late.

It’s an awesome place to stay for a getaway.It is serene and nice
    • Studio Suite

The apart hotel is very ideal for a family get away.It feels more like home than a vacation which is awesome.Each suite has its own kitchen where you can make your own food and be comfortable.I totally loved staying there

It was great!
    • Studio Suite

Great staff! The property was in the perfect place and they have a shuttle service. I loved my stay and it will be my go to hotel in the area for the next few years.

Comfortable stay but service can improve
    • Studio Suite

Staff did not return phone calls to provide requested information. No kettles in rooms only coffee machines. Very dark in rooms, light was not very good.

Very comfortable bed. Breakfast was good including fruit.

I didn't realize the suites were also peoples homes-...
    • Studio Suite

I didn't realize the suites were also peoples homes- parking was awful, the room we had was not clean and was very tired and needs updating. Stains on curtains/couch. The bed was very uncomfortable. The staff at check in was very nice- they told us about the breakfast, we did not participate. The lobby itself was very nice and clean

Unfortunately it was very hard to sleep, as everything was...
    • Studio Suite

Unfortunately it was very hard to sleep, as everything was heard (eg someone went to shower, talked etc). In addition, a dog barked until 2am and it felt like it was in our room. Also the floors were very dirty.

Not my home away from home...
    • Studio Suite

Bathroom was not clean. Pillows were lumpy and had no neck support.

Cleanliness in a hotel room is number one for me, then comfort. The bathroom did not meet the cleanliness standard for me, the tub looked like it either hadn't been cleaned or that the cleaning had not been finished. Gray residue. Enough that I decided to wash my hair in the sink and do a hot water and washcloth "bath" in front of the sink. The pillows on the bed were both soft and lumpy, no neck support whatsoever. The breakfast was adequate. Where The New Haven Village Suites did excel was in the friendliness of their staff. They were helpful, friendly and warm. When I mentioned that the bathroom was unclean, they took 50% off my bill without me asking for a discount. Good customer service.

Bad, Never again
    • Penthouse Suite

We did stay for a week and will never return: 1. We had booked for a suite for 5 people (2 adults, 3 kids). When we arrived, there was only bedding for four. Asking at the reception if they could please get the bed ready for the 5th person they told us they are too busy to take care of that. (3 people were hanging out at the reception and we were the only guests checking in). And they gave us bedding so that we could take care of this ourselves. 2. One day we came back to the hotel at 5:30pm and our room was not cleaned. Shortly after someone showed up to do it. We asked if this person could please wait 10 minutes till she starts the cleaning - so that we can gather some books to read for the kids at dinner. We got told, that no waiting is possible, the shift is over and got given towels. 3. Breakfast is included. On the 3rd day at 7am most of the food was gone. We asked the person attending the breakfast buffet if we could please get cereals for the kids as we had an 8am appointment.. And got told in an unfriendly stile we need to wait as everybody else. 4. There are not enough waste baskets in the rooms. During the week the litter kept piling up. 5. When checking out they did not care to ask if we liked it. For $2000 for a week for 5 people - in summary bad and never again.

Great location and excellent value
    • Studio Suite

Can’t think of anything, this is no luxury place but is nice and clean.

Spacious and very clean, it even had a small kitchen. This place is perfect for longer stays. Location is great not far from Yale. Staff is nice, friendly and helpful.

When the room I had booked didn't meet my needs, the...
    • Studio Suite

When the room I had booked didn't meet my needs, the staff kindly upgraded to a wonderful room at no extra charge. The staff and facilities could not have been better.

1. I traveled with my family (2 adults, 14 yr son old, 3 yr...
    • Penthouse Suite

1. The person who checked us in was not very welcoming and did NOT smile 2. I stayed in suite 724, and upon entering, the first thing to hit you was the smell (sour old dirty carpet). 3. The furniture was outdated and dirty 4. The appliances were also outdated 5. The amount of dust/dirt in the vent (thank goodness we didn't need to turn on the air 6. One tub (upstairs) was dirty, and there seemed to be a missing light fixture in the downstairs bedroom 7. For some reason, the wires hanging from the television bothered me... they could have been hidden a little better 8. The location of the property seems to have been built at the edge of a parking lot, in close proximity to a residential area (you could literally see across the street and into one of the homes). There could be more landscaping to hide this.

1. I traveled with my family (2 adults, 14 yr son old, 3 yr old daughter) and really like the space. We had the Penthouse Suite (#724) so we had enough space to move about without feeling as though we were on top of one another. 2. I enjoyed some (not all) of the staff who assisted us during breakfast. 3. The grounds and general area around the facility were well kept, which was a great thing. 4. Very quiet

Old and dated property with clear signs of age. Not enough parking.
    • Studio Suite

The hotel is old and dated. The age shows. Not enough parking. The sofa bed was horrible - thin joke of a mattress.

Had to park in front of a no parking sign, but let the front desk know and she said it was ok, and will let the next shift person know.

Outside photos looked great, inside was smelly and dirty, I felt tricked.
    • Studio Suite

The bedding was not clean, and the bathroom reeked of cigarette smoke. Our room had no tv remote for the first five hours and the furniture was worn. The sofa had very questionable looking stains on it.

It was a large room.

Very pet friendly
    • Studio Suite

Uncomfortable couch First room smelled just awful and had so much air freshener to try to cover it that it brought on sneezing fits. They did move us to another.

Very pet friendly

Wish I had kept the AirBnB reservation instead.
    • Studio Suite

The room was in disrepair, cabinet doors were askew, the water pressure was too low to get the shower to function properly, toilet was scuffed up, the maid left things partially unfinished in cleaning. Oh, and skip the food it is substandard for even motel food.

The front desk was friendly and helpful

Short/ long stay accomodation in New haven
    • Studio Suite

I liked everything. There is a bus into town , or it's only about 35 minutes to walk to the centre

Convenient appartment, good facilities, helpful staff, excellent breakfast

Overall, a very comfortable stay, just farther from downtown than we realized.
    • Penthouse Suite

Located in industrial zone of New Haven. Not really walkable to downtown. Hot food at breakfast buffet went quickly, with some patrons taking inordinate portions while others waited in line behind them.

Ample space in suite for 2 adults and 4 kids. Seemed clean enough, though it smelled a little strongly of air freshener. Bed was comfortable. Good parking. Relatively quiet.

Despite of nice room & good price for it, we hardly would stay at this hotel second time.
    • Studio Suite

Despite the room was nice, we couldn't sleep well at all, outside was a lot of noise for a long time at night. During breakfast there were make -self -pancake mix, scrambled eggs and bacon, We do not eat pancakes so we decided for eggs and bacon, however there was literally only one strap of bacon. I asked for bringing more bacon, but we never got any.

Service was prompt, room looked nice and clean, parking was right next to our room. We liked that.

The reviews prior to booking on this site were absolutely misleading. This place is dated and filthy
    • Penthouse Suite

Honestly, nothing. There were bugs on our furniture, curtains & walls. Our sheets were dirty. This was our second room because the toilet was broken in the first room. There was either blood or food smeared on our walls which we cleaned bc it was making us nauseous. Unfortunately we couldn’t switch hotels bc it was a holiday weekend and we had our dog. Never again! What we paid Was outrageous for what we thought we were getting.

The only positive is that they allow animals.

Good.
    • Studio Suite

Unfortunately the room I was in smelled of smoke so people have been ignoring the no smoking signs .... It would help to repaint and clean carpet and drapes .... not just spray with Febreeze!!! I would go back simply because its location and $$$$'s saved.

Good location for longer stay; with kitchen for a single woman dealing with sister in hospital! The Refrigerator was very clean along w/bathroom (which had cigarette smell) and bed was comfortable ... couch was kinda nasty so did not sit on it at all ... was sprayed with Febreeze!

Unexpected Company
    • Penthouse Suite

I had a mouse running around the living room and kitchen area at five am. It woke up one of the girls in the room. I was able to capture a couple videos of "Mickey" running around from the loft. I had to check out early so that my daughter wouldn't freak out.

I liked the layout and overall appearance. It was very specious.

Good location, felt safe, and bed was comfortable.
    • Studio Suite

Comfortable bed and friendly staff let us use the lobby area to feed my son and his basketball teammates while I was in town for his birthday and basketball game

- overall the place is pretty dingy and run down
    • Studio Suite

- overall the place is pretty dingy and run down - the maid ate her lunch in our room , so when we returned the room was clean , but reeked of pastrami

Very disappointed
    • Studio Suite

Want hot water? you have to let it run 2-3 min to get hot water. I booked/confirmed one bed room suite but they gave studio instead, after claim they switched us to one bed room suite but on 2nd floor which When I make booking I did specifically request ground floor because my mam is too old to clamb the stairs, so the whole trip we have to carry her up and down. The kitchen has no cooking ware Even we booked for 3 quest but towel dining ware just for 2

Very good location

Excellent place to stay!.
    • Studio Suite

There was nothing I did not like about the property.

I loved the staff. They were very friendly and attentive to my needs. The room was extremely comfortable as I did stay their before, that is why I love this particular hotel. The buffet breakfast was excellent. My best feature is the kitchen. I'm a cook and love to have the full kitchen accessibility.

Disappointed.
    • Studio Suite

The facility was not clean or well maintained. Dust accumulated along walls in room. Bathroom floors not clean. Location was not within walking distance to shops. They did not offer drinks in afternoon as advertised. Some of The steps leading upstairs had been replaced but not done at equal spacing to the other steps making it a safety hazard if you were not being careful. property quite disappointing.

Highly recommended
    • Studio Suite

Lack of communication from Booking.com and the facility.

Great staff. Booking.com messed up when we got there there was no booking. However the staff bent over backwards for us and got us into a phenomenal suite. Use this facility, but double check the booking.

Very comfortable. A good value.
    • Studio Suite

None of the rooms were ADA handicap accessible with a roll in shower which is what we expected upon booking and we learned when we got there that it was not so.

The updated king suite was great.

All in all, it was a pleasant stay. Tye and her colleagues certainly made us feel welcomed.

Speed of WiFi could be better. Number of Kitchen utensils could be added for better convenience.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Big shoutout to Tye, Thomas and Fernando. The shuttle to town and back was most helpful. Beds were comfortable.

Good value for money and highly recommended for family.
    • Penthouse Suite

Sometimes, the Wi-Fi is unstable. A bit of improvement than last year though. But, if it's consistently strong, it will definitely be the best!

Good value for money and highly recommended for family.

Filled its purpose
    • Studio Suite

Room is a little dated and mattress has seen better days especially the pull out sofa one. The breakfast had all the usual options of pre-made waffle batter, wasteful throwaway utensils, sugary yoghurt and sugary cereals I would love to see hotels move away from all this junk and waste and start offering healthier options and less plastic. Even the salt and pepper shakers in the room had individual paper packets put inside actually shakers.

The room was a good size and had a pull out sofa that our son slept on. The suite had a kitchenette with a microwave and plates etc. There is a dining table and a coffee maker. For anyone spending a few days these would be welcome additions.

Overall pleasant stay despite a couple of annoying situations
    • Studio Suite

Breakfast buffet shut down 15 minutes Early and the lady working the buffet was a bit rude. Windows were being cleaned at office building next door and the equipment they used woke me up early. I was in building 8

Close to the highway

Stay away from this place. You'll be disappointed.
    • Studio Suite

Unable to use internet, not working. Property is far from any restaurants etc. In fact, it's in the middle of a parking lot & office buildings. Can't walk to restaurants of bars. My room smelled like it was a smoking room. I would never stay there again.

Not much.

Good value for money.
    • Studio Suite

I was in a studio for one night. Big room, and a decent breakfast is included. And although it's very close to the I-95, the rooms are quiet and well insulated.

Modern and clean.
    • Studio Suite

First night we were given room keys to an already booked room, and walked in on another family. Second night another guest was given our room and walked in on us. My kids were scared and we were very concerned

Modern and clean...very accessible

Comfortable, clean suite with good parking and good...
    • Penthouse Suite

The property is a bit on the middle of nowhere, staff fine but not as friendly as in other places.

Comfortable, clean suite with good parking and good breakfast.

Budget stay
    • Studio Suite

Walls are thin, tenants above were loud and stayed awake until 2am. The building itself moaned and creaks from anyone moving upstairs.

Great location, large rooms.

Not worth the rate they charge.
    • Studio Suite

Room smelled musty and like previous customers smoked in it even though it is a smoke free property. TV and Phone did not work, shower was clogged and suite was kind of grimy (needed a good scrub down not just maintenance). Staff had an attitude.

Breakfast was nice. Outdoor seating area was nice. Manager was friendly

bed was comfortable.
    • Studio Suite

sofa was dirty and had holes in it. tv didn't work and it wasn't fixed until we were leaving the next day.

bed was comfortable. loved the shower. it was close to where we had to go.

Awesome accommodations!
    • Penthouse Suite

I arrived late and would have preferred to have the suite entrance in the front of the building rather than the back. But it did not pose any real difficulties.

I did not expect the room to be as nice as it was. I had two rooms and each was filled with a party having an independent agenda. Access was easy. The rooms were comfortable and private. It was a pleasure and I'd stay at the NHVS again without hesitation.

A comfortable stay with very good facilities and friendly staff
    • Studio Suite

The location is a little isolated, but if you have a car, it's not a big problem.

The accommodation was very good, plenty of space and comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful. Car parking was very convenient and secure.

Sleep bad and go
    • Penthouse Suite

Breakfast wasn't enough at all, we had to go the restaurant. In our room one of the two toilets was broken. We ask to fix it in the morning. Came back at the evening and it was still not working. A shame.

Very cheap price.

Bed was comfortable, sheets and towels were good and...
    • Penthouse Suite

Carpets urgently in need of cleaning. Feet turned black in very quick time hopeless with 2 year old walking on floors. Not enough cups, saucers, plates, pots pans or cutlery or glassess for 4 people only one pot one frypan small and 2 glasses and no forks. Staff came up with some after 3 requests. Long way from New Haven if you want to walk anywhere. Probably best to check out other places

Bed was comfortable, sheets and towels were good and plentiful

Spacious but outdated apartment in not so nice area.
    • Studio Suite

Staff member Tye on check in had bad attitude. Internet did not work. Clearly broken for a long time as staff aggressively said they didnt know when it would be back. Clearly no interest in fixing it. Someone elses short black hair in shower. Bed was so uncomfortable with pillows that need to be thrown on. Duvet had no cover sheet and had a hole in it where burned with cigerette. Window treatment blinds covered in rips and tears with a yellow colour. Not enough dishes supplied for use of kitchen. No oven dishes supplied so couldn't use oven. Neighbourhood is very run down and NOT a tourist location at all. You wouldn't want to walk around at night alone. Nothing to see in the area unless you visit Yale. We headed to the local mall as per hotels recommendations and it was not so pleasant.

Spacious but outdated apartment in not so nice area. Breakfast provided was basic but nice. Staff member at breakfast was a lovely woman. Shower was nice and warm but dirty as stated below. Nice shampoo etc supplied. Great light in dressing area and lots of wardrobe space.

Decent hotel but internet sucks!!!!!
    • Studio Suite

The internet connection sucks. I've stayed at this property a number of times during the past 2 years due to location. They always say they are fixing the internet that day but nothing changes. When I find a better location, I will go there. A good internet connection is a must. Please give the hotel this feedback!!!!!

No internet nor TV.
    • Studio Suite

No internet and no TV. Do I need to say more?

There was absolutely NO internet in our room. The TV was broken. Both problems could not be fixed. The other available room reecked of cigarettes. Would not recomend it and wont be coming back.

Most enjoyable, well equipped and really convenient for what we wanted to do.
    • Studio Suite

The wi-fi access in the room was dodgy - we had to go to the public areas to get decent internet connection.

The room was very well-equipped for self-catering with a very comfortable bed and good en-suite. While very little is within walking distance, everything is conveniently situated for reaching by car including the train station where there is ample parking on site. The venue also has plenty of parking so having a car is easy.

Loved having a studio apartment to spread out in and the...
    • Studio Suite

The kitchen is dated but we made use of it and were glad to have it.

Loved having a studio apartment to spread out in and the location was close to the water and a short drive to the Yale campus.

Mostly good.
    • Studio Suite

The walls between the units were not insulated well. We heard loud little children in other units late at night. The manager could have supplied higher grade tissue and toilet paper instead of going cheap. On the plus side, the staff was friendly. Lynn and Jeanette did a great job with breakfast.

Close to Yale. Hotel easily accessible.

OK value for the money; facility needs to be refreshed.
    • Studio Suite

Facility was tired. The internet didn't work. Dishes etc for 2 though there were 3 of us. No elevator which meant lugging suitcases up stairs.

Very friendly and helpful staff; rooms were clean and reasonably comfortable.

My stay was great.
    • Penthouse Suite

I didn't like that the parking would get full all the time and when we left we had to park away from our room.

I really liked the breakfast and tables outside to eat.

Great room
    • Studio Suite

Staff is not very friendly. Breakfast is mediocre .

We have stayed at this place several times and we love the room: it's a studio with a big comfortable bed and a kitchen.

The suite has lots of space and is well equipped.
    • Penthouse Suite

The kitchen sink leaked. The situation of the hotel is in commercial area. Not very touristic but easy to reach by car.

The suite has lots of space and is well equipped.

Plenty of space.
    • Penthouse Suite

Large unexpected explosion sounds like shotgun blasts. Once in late evening. Once in middle of night. Staff had no explanation. Load enough that it caused car alarms to go off.

Plenty of space. Kids enjoyed stairs in the room. Picnic and play area.

good way to save money on food
    • Penthouse Suite

not much of a play area for kids. parking fills up quick and so many guests didn't bother to park within the lines.

a lot of breakfast options. loved the space, 2 beds for 4 adults and a pull out couch for my niece and nephew. no hotel would've been able to accommodate us in one room like that. the kitchen was an added bonus, we saved money not eating dinner's out

Very large studio room, with large updated kitchen.
    • Studio Suite

The bed was very soft which hurt my fiance's back and he was pretty uncomfortable- but it didn't bother me.

Very large studio room, with large updated kitchen. There were two tvs- one in the bedroom area & one in the living room area. Bathroom was large & very clean.

Rooms not cleaned properly!
    • Penthouse Suite

We felt the lady at the reception was impatient with us. The rooms are old and tired, need immediate refurbishment. I found a small ball of hair on one of the towels in our bathroom!!!!

We had a two-bedroom apartment, each room had its own en-suite bathroom. The air conditioning worked well. Lots of parking spaces. Had dinner at the Shell & Bones Oyster Bar & Grill nearby, highly recommend it. Nice view, good food, good service.

Convenient to Yale, IKEA, Jordan's Furniture which now boasts the largest indoor zip line
    • Studio Suite

AC return grill by refrigerator was plugged with lint and tub off of master ( fiberglass) was stained around the drain which st first appeared to be dirty.

Breakfast every morning off the check in area. There's an outdoor courtyard off of this area w/ tables and chairs as well. There is a waffle iron set up every morning, a toaster for bagels and bread plenty of condiments available. They seem to have a different egg and meat combo every morning. First day was a cheese omelette w/ sausage, today soft boiled with hash. Plenty of coffee included also available all day , juice machine w/ a couple of different juices as well. Staff is very accommodating and friendly. We got upgraded from a king bed with pull out couch suite to a suite w/ a second floor loft w/ queen a bathroom W/ tub and shower , flat screen TV. First floor has a small kitchen w/ stove, refrigerator ,table w 4 chairs , living room w/ writing desk chair & foot rest and pull out couch. Flat screen over fire place Bigger bedroom had king size bed , private bathroom w/ tub & shower , flat screen tv on dresser.

The breakfast was fantastic- really varied and tasty - with...

No negatives experienced.

The breakfast was fantastic- really varied and tasty - with a range of options for the coeliacs in our party. We were travelling for an extended period of time so the laundry facilities were excellent- available all hours and at low cost.

Caleb was extremely friendly and helpful.
    • Studio Suite

No weights in the gym. The first room was not clean, so we had to move to another room.

Caleb was extremely friendly and helpful. The complimentary shuttle to the downtown was an extra bonus.

It was in a sacluted area.
    • Penthouse Suite

With a full kitxhen, there waa no pots and pans in the to cook with had to go out and buy pots ro cook breakfast, but house keeper did brought them later in the day. . Ice maker tray was busted called front desk twice about it and was rold someone will bring a replacement but never brought. It was a room for 6 quest and never was there enough towel for everyone. It was only enough for 4 people when reservation stayed 6 occupancy. There was a nail head sticking out of the wood that held the edge carpet down floor in the kitchen that I step on thank. God it puncture my feet.Stove burning feel in while cooking. Room was clean but quite dated. Wasn't real happy with the stay but at least I enjoyed my family that I came to visit.

It was in a sacluted area.

Nice stay in New Haven Haven
    • Studio Suite

The internet service could be better and they need to add free weights to the gym facilities.

The accommodation is luxurious and the breakfast is great. The hotel is easily accessible to Yale University and New Haven if you have a car, and I think there is a bus service that drops people off near the hotel. The hotel also provides its own shuttle service, which I relied on during my stay. Most members of the staff I came into contact with were amiable and helpful. Overall, I think it is a good value for money and I'll recommend New Haven Village Suites.

Convenient location & good value
    • Studio Suite

The air conditioning was too loud. The second night we had people above us who were jumping or exercising well past 11pm.

The location is convenient to Yale University.

Browse New Haven Village Suites traveller photo gallery