Reviews of Prospector Accommodations 3 stars

5.3

5.6

6.1

5.5
    It was adequate for an over night stay.

The air condition vent control panel was hanging off the wall. It was so noisy we couldn't sleep with it on and had to sleep with window open. Nothing to hold the window partially closed and no screen. We were on the ground floor any due to the window issue anyone could have crawled in our room in the night.

Was very disappointed.

The room was dingy and smelled weird. The heater rattled when it was on. Had to check in at a different location. I was not aware of that until I called the number. THe property is not the same as in the picture. Booked for two nights, only stayed one.

Never again.

Upon booking, I didn't receive any email with instructions. Showed up to physical address and ran around property before I found a sign inside a building, that I had to wait for another guest to open, which redirected me to a phone number to call for a property management company which I recognized from the number I called from booking.com which was an office closed at the time I called. I was then transferred to two different hotels to pick up keys. When I finally got into the property 2 hours later, it was dirty. Towels were disgusting, floor had hair all over it, and some lights did not work. Staff was unfriendly. We couldn't get a new set of towels. To top it all off we wanted to relax in the hot tub but it was 100 yards away on the side of another building which was a frigid walk. The TV was tiny and the direct tv kept cutting out. Finally when we went to bed at night, the heater was making all sorts of loud and strange noises and it was quite difficult to sleep.

The property was not far from the mountain.

Over all, it’s ok
    • Standard 2-Bedroom Condominium

however, Check in time was not good. Passed the normal checking in time! Wi-Fi connection is not good

Location is great. Convenient to where we planned to go, and lots great restaurants around it.

Good location.

First steps into the hallway smelled like a dirty wet mop. Upon entering the room, it was a flashback to the 70's. The TV service didn't work. (even though we were not in the room much) The bathroom was dirty........Toilet not very clean (Black around the rim and hairs here and there!! Shower floor was kinda icky...... I didn't want to take my shoes off while in the room.......We paid for 3 nights and left after 2.............

Good location.

The room was really nice.
    • Standard 2-Bedroom Condominium

wish there was a swimming pool. I have kids, who love to swim, so having a pool is a necessity for me. Internet was kind of sucky.

The room was really nice. Little disappointed that it didn't have a swimming pool.

No kitchen only a bar.
    • Standard Studio Suite

No kitchen. Dark and dreary. Tiny fridge froze all our stuff and kept coming out of the cabinet. Microwave turntable kept getting stuck. The air conditioning did not work and it was so hot and noisy we didn't sleep all night! Would not recommend this property.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Management co in charge of check in was the Worst

Key hold company was unquestionably the worst situation. No one available where the key was and no one answered the phone. Did not know how to operate shower and it would be nice if cable and plug were available to charge phone as I forgot mine

Love park city

I've book at the carriage house every time I come up to park city. Every room is amazing and affordable. Thanks for having such a lovely place. Everyone there is very friendly.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

It was quiet, but I think it's because it was off-season.

The room wasn't fancy, but we weren't looking for anything fancy. The decor is pretty dated. AC is pretty loud, but my son and I liked the fan noise for sleeping. Check in was at a different hotel, so we ended up walking/bus after taking an Uber to get there. The room was in a small building unattached to the main building, so no amenities readily available.

It was quiet, but I think it's because it was off-season. People at check in location (Silver Star) were super nice.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

The DIPLORIBLE night stay in Park City!

The room was in need of a major renovation! The bathroom was diplorible,the toilet was broken from the floor, seat was broken. There was 1 coffee mug for 2 people, called for another to be delivered no follow through. Coffee was very oily? Was the coffee pot clean? Very noisy heater. Basically the worst overnight stay for us ever!!

Location was perfect for us.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Ask for checking process before you book!

Check-in is a disaster, they make you go to TWO different places, one of them more than 1mi away BEFORE you can drop your luggage in the hotel :P No hangers, glasses, cups...

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Ok unit, would not rent there again.
    • Standard Studio Suite

Lack of information about how and where to check in, toilet was filthy, freezer was frozen up and very little info in unit regarding access to amenities.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Don't stay here!!
    • Standard 2-Bedroom Condominium

Condo dates back to the 50's! Old appliances, dishes were filthy with calcium scum. Eating utinsels were rusted. Slider door was impossible to open. Master shower looked like a trailer court with no water pressure. Front door lock broke and we were forced to climb out the window to leave the condo. Spare bath sink wouldn't drain.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Great boarding, awful service.
    • Standard Studio Suite

When we showed up Saturday night there wasn't an office for check in at the address provided. We had a run around goose chase for 90mins once we arrived in 20degree weather with multiple phone calls and no clear information from the 2 employees we were dealing with. After we were able to finally meet up with an employee of The multiple properties for keys they gave us incorrect directions to the wrong building and keys that didn't work. Each building was extremely poorly marked for someone arriving after dark which is early this time of year. We had to stop at an entirely different but somehow still affiliated Prospector Square hotel with an associate named Demien, who completely saved the day and had master keys for all properties but most importantly ours and directed us to our actual building 2175 Sidewinder, blocks from where we were told originally by the actual employees of the property. I am expecting some type of compensation/discount/gift card for having the 3 of us walking around Park City, building to building for 90mins in below freezing temps with thousands of dollars in equipment&belongings in tow. I usually don't complain about stuff like this but after traveling across the country I found this to be unacceptable. Especially for a destination town like Park City. Thank you for your time. I plan on booking through this site and visiting Park City again. Peter

Room was nice and in a good area of town. Kitchenette was above average as well.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Unlikely to book here again.
    • Standard 2-Bedroom Condominium

After hour check-in was very difficult because the information that was given was not correct and after going to two different places we finally were able to get our room information. We had a broken toilet, saggy uncomfortable couch and sofa bed. We are not likely to book here again.

The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

The place stunk like dirty feet, there was mold all over in...
    • Standard Studio Suite

The place stunk like dirty feet, there was mold all over in the shower and the ceiling, we had to drive to the store to purchase air freshener, toilet had a difficult time flushing and the beds were very uncomfortable ...

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Not booking bere again

Pictures were not like pictures, place did not have balcony or full kitchen, coffee maker and microwave did not reach outlet unless moved to ground. Carpet near bathroom was shredded and nails were poking out. Shower did now have an edge and water soaked the bathroom.. Would not book here again.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

Good for a one-night stopover only

The walls are paper-thin so expect the noise level to be high, even for normal conversations. We only needed to stay the one night so it served its purpose, especially for the cost.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Would not stay again. Made me wonder about booking.com

picture of unit was not where they sent us. Staff at carriage house would not give us the right directions to building. They sent us to building 3 there was no building 3 and they would not tell us the physical address.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Online deal can be "no deal" after all

What a hassle to obtain a key. Desk for room keys was clear across town from actual room where we stayed. Address on building was obscured (key issue location) so after 40 minutes of driving with navigation directions, we finally went on foot - door to door searching for the correct building to find the key. The fine print telling us about this part of the agreement was DEFINITELY in fine print! Desk clerk was direct........not particularly friendly, definitely NOT warm or welcoming. Upon handing over the room key, she warned us of fee for any damage we might cause to the room. Really? How about starting out with an explanation about location......clear across town........or how to access the building (although equipped with numbered buttons, the actual access is through use of the room key ! The room was clean, but carpets were well worn, with a gap between carpet and tile at the bathroom entrance. There was soap and shampoo in the bathroom, but no shelf to place them on in the shower. Shower floor was flat with a .75 inch marble (?) slab dividing the bathroom and shower floors. Not a lot of protection from the water in the shower! In an effort to avoid any "damage fees".We were very careful with the shower curtain.

Check out was handled over the phone.

Confusion

Offsite check in and booking.com didn't provide where that was luckily got directions from someone at the restraint near the room

The view

• Standard Studio Suite

The studio had a musty smell.

This place is awful... noisy, dirty, disgusting in general. Stay away! Total rip off!

EVERYTHING!

NOTHING!

I like the balcony in the room the bed an pillows were...

A swim pool

I like the balcony in the room the bed an pillows were comfy😀 I would make another reservation for this room loved it

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Check in was very confusing

Check in was very confusing

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Check in process.

Check in process. Have to check in at a different hotel over mile away

Bad place

Everything no reception very dirty

Very different to picture

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

The water pressure was awful

The water pressure was awful

• Reviewed: 17 March 2016

It suited our needs for a place to stay with enough room...

kitchen was a bit small, dishwasher didn't wash all the soap off the dishes, bathroom sink was clogged, wifi was spotty (although we were pleased we even had wifi since the listing had said there was none), couldn't work the TV. it would have been nice to have had a locker to store skis.

It suited our needs for a place to stay with enough room that was not too pricey. The free shuttle bus was very convenient.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2016

Not a thing.

We booked early check-in. We arrived to check-in at noon...to which we were told the room would not be ready until 4:00pm. At 4:00pm we attempted to check-in and we were told the staff could NOT find the key to our condo. We were moved to a property called "Carriage House" and we were told it was an upgrade. The room smelled horrible, the flooring was dirty, the bedding had not been changed from previous guests, there was mold in the shower, and there was 1 queen bed instead of 2 (which we originally booked the condo for 2 beds). This was gross.

Not a thing.

• Reviewed: 29 February 2016

The location.

Absolutely TERRIBLE! Worst customer service experience I have ever had. 3 friends and I came out from Atlanta to vacation in Park City. First off, we walked around for 45 minutes just trying to find out where to check in. (Go to Silverado King if you're lost) which is not the hotel we were staying at. We were handed 1 room key and a map at check in. We finally find the hotel; it looks absolutely nothing like the pictures inside or out whatsoever! The room was tiny. The heat put off such a horrible smell you couldn't stand to use it. The bathtub didn't drain properly and the hot water was like warm. We went back to the Silverado, and went over these issues. They said they would have a maintenance man come out and resolve the issues. Absolutely nothing was fixed when we returned after being on the mountain except for them putting a heater plugged into the wall!! Would not accommodate us to a new room or anything. Oh and last but not least, we woke up to one of our cars with a boot on it because the guy at check in just somehow forgot about parking passes. I was then told it was my fault; even though they eventually reimbursed my money to get it removed. One of the worst hotel experiences ever!! Do not was your money, especially because it will put a damper on such an amazing city!!

The location. That is all.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2016

Horrible!

Came out to parking lot in morning to find car was booted had to pay a guy 60 cash only in a sketchy unmarked in a beat up truck. This was in the hotel parking lot! When I told the front desk they told me there was nothing they could do about it and that they don't talk to "those guys" it's a scam! Watch out! Currently trying to deal with police involving the incident

Horrible!!!!!! This place is terriable! Took 45 minutes to check in which was via the phone to pick a map and key. No front desk. Very scary place

• Reviewed: 23 February 2016

Check in was extremely confusing but once you figured it out...

Checking in was a pain and frustrating since it was in a completely different location

Check in was extremely confusing but once you figured it out it was a great place. You have to check in at a completely different location, you have to read the fine print to figure out where. But I'm grateful that I read the reviews that stated that check in was at a different location so I already knew that was the case. That's the only thing that is a pain about booking this property besides that it's beautiful & close to everything in Park City including the ski resorts

• Reviewed: 21 February 2016

Close to bus line.

The place was in poor condition. I reported a plumbing issue, nothing was done. No transportation provided from Checkin location to Actual place. NO Stove as advertised :-(

Close to bus line.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2016

Convenience of location.

Check in was confusing... had to go to three places to get the key. Place with the key was not staffed. Room was not serviced well - towels replaced, but bed not made for three days in a row. Rug very worn and dirty looking. Bathtub old and chipped. Coffee basket depleted and not replaced.

Convenience of location.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2016

The location was convenient.

Getting keys to check in was cumbersome and took a great deal of time. The room I stayed in had frayed carpet, old and worn furniture and a bed that was falling apart. The towels were old and smelled bad. I rented a total of 3 rooms. The other two rooms were a bit nicer than the one I stayed in.

The location was convenient. I appreciated that the rooms were affordable, but once inside I realized why.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2016

The room was perfect for what we were doing.

No information was given on how to find our room or information for check in, the staff we spoke to on the phone were inconvenienced by needing to help us and over all the "check in" process took 50 minutes for someone to help us find out what room was ours and to get us our key and information. Would not stay here again!!

The room was perfect for what we were doing. Comfortable accommodations and cute location.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2015

Nice room and kids liked heated pool/spa.

Checking in wasn't too clear. You have to check in off site. City buses were running slow and changed routes, but it was a holiday week!

Nice room and kids liked heated pool/spa.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2015

At walking distance to the Prospector Conference center.

The construction of the building is not sound-wise, I could hear the neighboard guess talking and had to knock on the wall to get them to down their music at 2 and 3 am in 2 consecutive nights.

At walking distance to the Prospector Conference center. The kitchen of the studio had all you could possibly need.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2015

3.5
    The sheets had blood stains on them and the 2nd Q bed was a...

The sheets had blood stains on them and the 2nd Q bed was a pullout sofa that had springs sticking through and a 1/2" mattress. No directions re combo / entry until I called not when reservation made. Front door combo did not work in the morning and I was locked out of the building.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2015

The kitchen was nice, but really didn't need everything.

Had to hunt down the key. Thought it would have two large beds but one was a hide a bed. Had to move the coffee table to end of bed for room for the hide a bed. The top came off. No room to walk around when bed was out. Table and chairs too high for my special needs son and my husband (who has problems in his legs) to be able to use easily.

The kitchen was nice, but really didn't need everything.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2015

Very nice inside and out .

No pool or washer and dryer like stated on website and even though there was a hot tub we had no access ...very disappointing

Very nice inside and out ..loved having everything needed to cook and utensils and toiletries

• Reviewed: 14 June 2015

The only 2 things I can say were good, were the tv and that...

It was very unclean! The furniture was rusty. Housekeeping did not even make our beds, replenish the towels, toiletries or vacuum.

The only 2 things I can say were good, were the tv and that we were not sleeping in the car.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2015

We arrived at our destination to find we couldn't check...

We arrived at our destination to find we couldn't check in without traveling to another location. When I complained, the staff informed me they'd sent an email, which I never received, to inform me of the change. They refused to issue a second key for my friend.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2015

Comfortable room,

- Outdoor hot-tub was cold on the second night. - Couldn't get the shower working - Need a phone to check in

Comfortable room, Easy access to bus Good value

• Reviewed: 5 March 2015

Place was dirty, very dark (half of the lights didnt work), kitchen was unusable, cabinets had terrible odor when we opened them. Totally outdated apartment, needs major renovations.

Location. 5 minutes from Park Cirty Mountain, 3 minutes from Main Street, 10 minutes from Canyons Mountain.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2016

Fix the showerheads & floor creaks alot when people in above apt. walks around.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2016

I liked the proximity to Main Street and the base of the...

The standard hotel room was horrendous and I requested a move or a refund.

I liked the proximity to Main Street and the base of the resort.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2016

Ease of access

Heat didn't work 2 first days, front desk help was lacking

Ease of access

• Reviewed: 16 October 2015

I booked here for the location, plenty of sleeping space.

It was a bit run down, slats in the blinds on the door were missing, limiting privacy.

I booked here for the location, plenty of sleeping space.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2015

Only stayed one night

Wrong address and terrible air conditioner

Only stayed one night

• Reviewed: 20 March 2015

2 bedrooms 2 bathrooms good heating free bus out front

tv was a bit 80's big flat screen would have been nice and was a mission to get keys

2 bedrooms 2 bathrooms good heating free bus out front

• Reviewed: 8 March 2015

The check in process wasn't very smooth.

The check in process wasn't very smooth. Had to call 3 different numbers before I was able to talk with someone that could help me.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2015

Master Bedroom, Kitchen, Living Area

Was Not big enough to accommodate 6 adults (roll away bed in the closet??)

Master Bedroom, Kitchen, Living Area

• Reviewed: 21 January 2015

The condo was very large and comfortable with a fantastic...

The condo was very large and comfortable with a fantastic view

There are also 9 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Prospector Accommodations traveller photo gallery