Reviews of Quality Inn Buffalo Airport 3 stars

4217 Genesee Street, Cheektowaga, NY 14225, USA

#20 of 21 hotels in Cheektowaga

The price and location should have been comparable to...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

The price and location should have been comparable to niagrafalls.....and the pool area was very slippery....my 3 year old granddaughter got hurt... she slipped and fell 3x every time she would walk around with her wet feet she would slide....I almost fell down trying to catch her.....

Dirty, messy, confusing, but good WiFi
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

Really unclean we couldn’t use the shower the first night due to mud in the bathtub. The breakfast was bad. I was billed the wrong amount.

Wifi speed & accessibility & size of room

It was a place to sleep and I won’t stay there again.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

There was trash all over around the dumpster like a broken air conditioner or two on the ground. There was an old mattress outside the back door. I found 2 dirty towels and they all smelled of curry seasoning. The shower worked but they sucked, the bathroom didn’t have a fan so it was mildewed. Most of The cleaning staff smelled of body odor. Breakfast was meh. We went to McDonald’s 2 mornings

The beds and the toilet were clean. The first room they gave us was still dirty so on to room number 2 it smelled like cigarette smoke so on to room number 3 it was fine acceptable. The front staff was nice and helpful and said they had to call the cleaning supervisor 5x that day.

Right across from the airport.

The hotel doesn't have an elevator, so it's harder with a stroller.

Right across from the airport. We actually walked there. Good breakfast, even at 4am they have some stuff out. Shuttle was quick. Good value.

The bed were very comfortable.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

Bathroom - shower could have been better - possibly a better shower head.

The bed were very comfortable. Room was clean. Easy access to airport. Very good breakfast - loved the waffles!

Room was fine.

My wake up call was lost. My airport van reservation was lost. The room clock was an hour off. Front desk said they had no record of my requests, but I was present and saw the evening desk staff write down the request.

Room was fine. Personal interactions with the front desk were good.

Uninspiring.

Bathroom door didn't shut. Phoned for shuttle when we arrived airport at 11.30 p.m. - told it would be 15 mins. Phoned 30 minutes later as still no sign to be told driver unaware we were there. Similar experience on return to airport. Asked for shuttle - told 15 minutes - waited in reception. 25 minutes later asked again to be told message not passed on.

It was close to the airport.

Overall clean and comfortable.

Bathroom is outdated and in need of repair. Tv has to be manually programmed. Remote is only good for changing the channel and volume.

Overall clean and comfortable. Staff is very helpful.

Short but good stay.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

The room does not provide refrigerator or microwave.

The room was comfortable and clean, we love the breakfast, conveniently close to the Airport and other routs around.

A relatively minor issue was the room key cards that had to...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

A relatively minor issue was the room key cards that had to be reprogrammed daily and the desk clerk blamed it on cell phone being to near card. The card was in my wallet to prevent that issue and it still happened anyways.

Worst experience ever.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

At first they checked me in room 205, where I requested to fix the power problem, but they didn’t fix it. So they moved me to room number 204, I went to buy some stuff which require a fridge, when I came back I was surprised that there are no fridge! I told the maintenance guy about that, he replied do you need a fridge? I simply told him NO!!!! So, is it like if you need a fridge they will provide? Knowing that they say in each room there is a fridge. In addition to all above problems, my toilet got blocked! The cleaning and housekeeping team are very rude, even though I was having my door at the do not disturb sign, the housekeeper knocked the door twice, I told him to come after half an hour, he knocked again after 5 mins, and he said you are the last room we need to clean it!!!

Front desk people are very friendly and sweet. The lady at the restaurant are extremely friendly and supporting.

to stressed over rip off to enjoy
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

I did not like the fact that I was quoted one price and then charged 200.00 more dollars upon ckeck in. I would not nor will I advise anybody here

5.5
    Comfortable beds
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

When booking online it said that parking was included and when the hotel staff member informed us that it was an extra surcharge per night she said that "booking.com lies to get you to book the hotel and that parking was extra". I informed her that we would not have stayed there if we knew that, her response was "I wouldn't choose to stay here either".

Comfortable beds

It was good. Would recommend to somebody who needs to stay for the night before traveling.

I wish there were better restaurants in the area that offered foods that weren't fried like McDonalds or pizza.

I liked the beds a lot. The pillows were fluffy and the beds were comfy.

Good
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

Nothing really except I waited long for the shuttle. Shuttle not on a schedule, so you need to call before shuttle arrives

Close to the airport. Nice and friendly staff. Good breakfast.

Would never stay here again

If you are looking for a good breakfast don't come here. The breakfast was horrible. The eggs were in a round shape and almost tasted like powdered eggs. The best part of it was the English Muffin that you toasted yourself.

Non existing customer service

Shower head was leaking all over, tub is clogged and when I told the girl at the reception she just said I'm sorry about that .

The breakfast lady.

Thanks for the sleep.

When walking down the hallway to the room a smokey unpleasant oder fill the hallway, room decor good.

The breakfast room was clean food was good. The bed was nicely soft and comfortable.

needs some care and management
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

outdated, dirty, rundown room; uncheerful and apathetic staff, loud noises at 0330 not buffered by walls or controlled by staff; sheets didn’t look completely clean

Good for a night nearby the airport

Really noisy because there was a fight outside at night

The staff was very kind. There was a problem with the shutlle bus when we needed to go to the airport, but they did ecerything to bring is to the airport on time. Very thankful

Very closed to airport.

The room wasn't very cleaned but acceptable.

Very closed to airport. Airport Shuttle bus service available for 24 hrs. All workers are nice and helpful. The price is reasonable.

Great option to stay at the day before your flight

The only thing we missed was an easier way to get to downtown Buffalo or Cheektowaga, because there were not many options to eat-out, only a McDonald a 2 min walk away (enough for one evening, not enough for three days)

I loved that the breakfast was included in the prize and that there were so many options - self-made waffles, omelette and some kind of wurst, cereals, croissants, toasts, etc., as well as 24h coffee. The staff was very kind. We had to book 3 nights impromptly due to a storm in Toronto. The first night we were given a room at the end of the hall, but asking again we were changed to a room near the breakfast hall. The TV worked perfectly and was a good entertainment option, as well as the gym. The two and a half days we spent there were a bit boring, because the weather was terrible: snowy and windy. However, we were very comfortable in the room. The organization of the shuttle hours to the airport was on-time and quick. It's the perfect place to stay one night or two before boarding a flight.

It gave us a place to sleep

Have employees understand that customers are looking for that happiness. No matter how your day is a smile and hello goes a big way They have no desire to speak and smile wish to me is why I would never return

I like that it was close to the hospital where my grandmother was staying. I did not appreciate that star mopping while we was sitting down in the lobby waiting for my husband to defrost the car. He didn’t say excuse me or anything just ran the mop next to us and my children and I just lifted our feet or he would of mopped us. I understand he had a job to do but when people are waiting the proper thing to do is to wait until they moved. If we would of slip and fell then there would be a bigger issue. Won’t book here again. Just was a very unfriendly group.

Just what we needed!

There was no refrigerator or microwave in the room. Breakfast was basic but ok.

Room was spacious and clean.Bed was comfortable. Adequate supplies. Parking was free. Near to the airport. Check in was quick and desk employee was friendly.

Over charged, desk attendant was not helpful. Room and hallways were dark and smelled terrible. I would never stay there again

Close to the airport. Easy access to the main route.

Poor quality

We arrived at 2:30 AM after getting off a flight from Florida There was a guest causing a lot of problem and noise in the front lobby The room was absolutely disgusting and cold

Perfect 1 night stay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

TV in room had no working channels and exhaust in bathroom did not work. Since was staying only for a night and we just wanted to go to sleep it did not bother us. I am sure the staff would have dealt with it promptly if we had got it to their attention.

Very clean and comfy rooms. Beds and pillows were fantastic. Mini fridge and safe was an unexpected but was really great to have.

Clean , offered juice, coffee, ,use of toaster and...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

food not good for breakfast Need variety of cereal and bagels, etc instead of same all the time

Clean , offered juice, coffee, ,use of toaster and refrigerator

The front desk clerk insisted I received 3 wake up calls to...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

The front desk clerk insisted I received 3 wake up calls to my room. They never came. Shuttle left early to the airport and almost missed my flight. All the long term parking was full and I wasn’t informed of this at booking..had to park at a different hotel...huge inconvenience

More like a holiday than just another airport hotel.

I would have liked a kettle in the room as the coffee machine in the room does not make nice tea. However, the staff let me go to the breakfast room for boiling water, which solved my problem. No complaints at all, really.

We booked this for the free shuttle to the airport, but got so much more. It was more like a part of our holiday than an airport hotel layover. The staff were wonderful - such personal service. The receptionist was the same lady I spoke to on the phone about a late check out time. Not only was she very helpful but she also drive is to the airport in the shuttle bus. Breakfast was really good, too.

We were woken up early to just plain talking from the room...

We were woken up early to just plain talking from the room next to us. The walls are so then you can hear everything from the next room. Even a sneeze or a cough. At 5 am I was woken up to a guy having a conversation and just talking. You could hear everything they were doing clearly. Thankfully we had our son there and it wasn’t just me and my husband arriving there at night or they would have been woken up lol

My stay was just okay.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like my room, it was too cold in the bathroom, I kept hitting my ankle on the frame from the second bed. The remote to the tv barely worked, and the pillows were too soft.

I loved the breakfast, the attendant was very friendly. She was very welcoming, and helpful.

The location was perfect for our one night stay and early...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

The location was perfect for our one night stay and early flight in the morning. We appreciated the transport to the airport. . The manager was very helpful with downloading boarding passes for us. It was a new airline for us and we appreciated his help. We have stayed here before and have never been disappointed.

Walkable to/from the airport terminal.

Usual breakfast for a Quality Inn, with no fruit salad, and loads of throw-away plastic.

Convenient location within walking distance of the airport terminal, although walking across the roads is a bit tricky, especially in the snow. Next to a McDonald's and a short easy walk to the Hilton Garden Inn which has a good bar-restaurant.

We liked the complimentary breakfast.

The only issue was the "B" door could not be unlocked by the room key/card.

We liked the complimentary breakfast. Good selection and tasted great. It was kept well stocked by the attendant and she was very friendly.

Their bathroom flooded my hotel room and their response was to offer me extra towels.
    • King Room Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

While our initial arrival was good (pleasant staff), our short visit quickly turned sour. We didn't check in until midnight due to a late plane and still had a 2 hour drive home ahead of us. I was awake at approximately 6am, only to find that our toilet had stopped functioning sometime in the night. I flushed once and it began to overflow. I went to the front desk and told them my toilet was overflowing, and they handed me some extra towels and told me maintenance wouldn't be there until 7am. This irritated me, but we just needed to brush our teeth, get our toddler awake and dressed, and out the door. In the moments that I was speaking to staff, I came back to my flooded hotel room. The toilet would not stop running and it had flooded the entire bathroom and was seeping into the carpet in the hotel room. I went back to the front desk and told them extra towels really wouldn't be enough. I was informed there were public restrooms available, and I asked if I was really expected to take all my items out of a flooded hotel room, wake my toddler, and go spend time in a public restroom. They offered to switch rooms, which was appreciated, but still very inconvenient. We were in the new room for all of ten minutes, which my toddler spent screaming because she was awake. This meant that my husband and I had no time to grab breakfast and had to just get out the door. We spent all of 7 hours at this hotel, and I won't be returning. I was very disappointed in the response to the flooding toilet, as if it were my problem because maintenance wasn't around. We weren't offered anything except extra towels and a "thank you" for staying. Very disappointed in the facilities.

The location was convenient in regards to the airport. Easy to find, easy to get to.

Warm, on a cold, cold night! The whole experience was wonderful! Thank you!

Nothing could have made my overnight stay any more pleasant or comfortable! Thank you very much!

The bed was very comfortable and the air con (heater) was very cozy. The breakfast quite good! I especially loved the waffles! The driver was very nice (female) and wouldn’t even accept a tip from me after taking me to the airport to catch my early flight, (I was on my way to Shanghai, China) I’m not sure if this was a factor or not but, I had honestly told her I was going there with relatively little money. She was so nice! Everyone I came in contact with was so friendly! I would definitely recommend this INN to anyone!!!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

People!- business ethics

People n fantastic business ethics.they put the customer 1st...in an age where people rarely care about anything but themselves business and $

I would choose Quality Inn in the future for a quick overnight stay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

The quality of coffee in the bedroom

I appreciated that one of the management staff came to personally pick me up in the shuttle van at a very early hour in the morning after routine shuttle service had been over. I also appreciated that my room was quite close to the registration desk and I did not have to walk far for these accommodations.

The heat was off when we checked into the room. It took hours for it to warm up. And then it was very difficult to control the temperature. There is also no elevator to the 2nd floor.

Great location for an early morning flight out of Buffalo. The beds were comfortable.

It was alright but not impressive.

I expected the Quality Inn to be similar to the ones in Ontario, Canada so I was disappointed in the building itself. It needs a lot of TLC. The heat was not on in the room when we got there and it took about 2 hours for it to warm up. Breakfast was disappointing. We were told we could get breakfast at 4 am with a full breakfast at 6 pm. That would have been fine except there was no juice in the machine or coffee.

The hotel is located right across from the airport which suited our needs. The staff and shuttle driver were very courteous and professional. It was only $5.99 plus tax per day to leave our vehicle there while we were away so we felt that was an excellent deal.

Well worth the money!

Shower water goes hot and cold at times (but I'm also really picky with water temperature.)

We stayed here overnight before an early morning flight. Because we were driving from Toronto and there was a bad blizzard, we knew we would arrive really late so I called to make sure we could check in late. Bill processed my payment over the phone and had my room key ready when I arrived at 2am. Room was great and everything worked. Complimentary breakfast was delicious and adorable with great coffee and food selection. Highly recommend staying here if you have a flight at BUF. Staff was a million times better than the nice expensive hotel we stayed at on our actual trip lol

Not luxury, but very comfortable and convenient to airport

Hotel is a little dated and worn, but worked for us.

The beds were very clean and comfortable. Airport shuttle was promp and staff and driver were all very friendly.

Great location, room was very clean and staff were friendly.

Having the option to park our car while taking the train to NYC and their shuttle service.

Great location, room was very clean and staff were friendly.

The only convenient thing about this place is location!

Staff need to familiarize themselves with the booking system. Nobody seemed to know how to use the computers. Staff seemed put out when asked for information or assistance. Parking was a nightmare. Hotel smelled of urine.

It was right across from the airport

Loved it

No smoking rooms. I had a room upstairs, would've liked the option to be on ground level.

I loved the bed and pillows. Fairly close to everything. Breakfast was awsome

Thank you for just being available for such a reasonable price!!!

I was truly thankful for the ladies who took care of me and all of the others that checked at the same time I did. I stayed at the Quality Inn due to the blizzard that had all the flights cancelled for January 2nd and my girlfriend had already dropped me off and headed back to Jamestown, which also at the same time a huge wreck/massive pile up was happening and it shut down the interstate right off the exit to the airport for more than 6 hours. I just needed to thaw out after waiting for the shuttle outside in the snow. Once I checked in and got to my room, I didn't have a care in the world. Thanks again!!!

It relaxed me.

I liked it but when the electricity went out the generator didnt start right away. I would get that check out.

I really liked the employees, they were really kind and helpfull. And the bed was really confortable. Very nice, neet and clean room.

Excellent, convenient, very friendly staff

Great location when flying out of Buffalo. Nice to have complimentary breakfast and shuttle.it is our second time doing this. Close to restaurants.

The breakfast was awesome and the best part was the bed and...

The door cards did not work the first time, it was a long walk back to the front desk. There should be some way of making sure the the cards are actually working.

The breakfast was awesome and the best part was the bed and pillow. I just fell asleep right away.

Under the impression that parking was included. This was the main reason I booked this Hotel. Had to pay $79.extra. Website misleading. I will not be using this hotel again.

Cold and now miserable

The room was cold the heat did not work well I ended up leaving my phone during checkout and they're telling me they can't find it will never go there again... Years of memories lost because they didn't do their job with cleaning the room unless they're keeping my phone who knows...

The cleanliness of the bathroom was my only issue along with...

The cleanliness of the bathroom was my only issue along with the t.v.. When I went to shower there was black straight hair still in he bathtub and on shower walls. It was so gross! And the t.v. only had one working channel. If I was staying there for more then one night I would of been disappointed 100% more

Provided airport shuttle and reasonable good breakfast and competetive price

Everything was fine. It served my intended purpose. It was reasonably price and they provided airport shuttle which was their main selling point. Their breakfast was also reasonbable. I will recommend this hotel.

Do not have further time to waste writing review. PLEASE DO NOT ASK TOO MANY QUESTIONS IF YOU WANT HONEST OPINION.

It was a relaxing stay and the problems mentioned should be easily fixed by management.

The room keycards failed on me a couple of times, forcing me to walk around the building in the cold and snow to get to the front office. The water temperature in shower was very hard to control. Only one ice machine near front office that wasn’t working very well.

The room was comfortable and quiet. Location was great right across from airport. The staff was helpful and friendly.

The staff was friendly.

The staff was a bit disorganized - the bed was unmade in the first room they gave me. They also failed to give me my wake-up call for an early-morning flight (luckily I had set another alarm). The hotel is old and in need of updating, but it was cheap and worked fine for an overnight stay between flights.

The staff was friendly. The hotel was very close to the airport, with easy (and free) shuttle service.

Value for money is reasonable.

It was VERY dated and loud. You could hear everything!!! The room was very cold. It took about 4 hours to warm up with the inroom heater.

Value for money is reasonable.

Snow can effect service!

Pipes froze so they didnt find alternative to juice & coffee service with breakfast...so nothing!

Close to airport...shuttle helped as car was stuck in snow!

Comfortable, Affordable, Value stay a short drive away from Downtown Buffalo and Niagara Falls.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

There are many stores and conveniences within a couple KMs/Miles, but you need a car as nothing is really "walking distance". However, this was not a problem for me as I had my car. Only mentioning as this could be a problem for those without a vehicle. (This would be the case for all the Airport Hotels in the area). Washroom water pressure was a little low when flushing the toilet. Drains backed up a little in the sink and shower. I was fine with this but it could bother some people.

Staff: Friendly, helpful staff. Surprisingly-great Breakfast: Sausage, Eggs, Waffles, Fruits, Yogurt, Pastries, etc. (I was expecting something more basic). Quiet rooms: The only time I heard a plane was when I was in the parking lot. Free Parking: There were only a few free spaces available but I never had a problem finding parking near the entrance to my hotel wing. McDonalds is next door and both Starbucks & Tim Hortons are within a 5 minute walk.

Was good except, shower didn't work, however I was offer another room. I had settle in.

The shower in room 208 first floor did not work, no shower cap, and coffee. Could please give me a discount for tomorrow 1/4/18 arriving at 2:00 pm

I would come back but some hiccups first time staying

Was awaken by cleaning lady Tv didn't work

I don't ever drink coffee so first question was non applicable Breakfast was over too early so my son and I missed it.

The hotel is easy to locate, accessible to all restaurants...

The hotel is easy to locate, accessible to all restaurants and shopping stores. The staff's were friendly and helpful. Room was spacious and clean.

Worst hotel visit ever!

They checking me into a room that was already occupied, so naturally the people inside thought I was trying to break in. Next room they have me had one bed I booked 2. Finally the third room the ceiling must have bad leaks as the ceiling was covered with water stains. The shower facility had different faucet handles that didn’t match. My wife got stuck in the bathroom and could not open the door. Uncomfortable beds. Too hot.

Getting out!

The bed was comfy and the pillows fluffy.

There was water damage to the room. Although there was a coffee maker in the room coffee supplies were never refilled. Bedding was never once changed during what ended up a 10 day stay.

The bed was comfy and the pillows fluffy. Friendly staff happy to answer questions. Always hot coffee in the lobby.

Fine hotel but the parking was terrible
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

There was no parking for the guests the parking was used for park and fly they should reserve spots for the guests before they let others park I was told if I can't find parking they would refund me but then what was I to do kind of ridiculous it was Christmas Day I don't think that's what I should have been told my daughter also stayed when she asked about the parking she was told good luck that wasn't a valid answer either

Room was clean as expected

This was an awful stay, regret booking this hotel.

The rooms smelled really bad. The staff was not helpful. They all ignored people waiting at the front desk. The tubs in ge rooms were very very dirty I did not like this place. Couldn’t sleep. Really bad hotel

I regret it!

I got there Dec 17th, 2017 in the afternoon. The receptionist was extremely rude. Actually I think the only welcoming person there was the lady that makes the breakfast. The Bedroom was dirt, smelly, and not comfortable. The bed sheets had stains everywere and were smelling terrible. Carpet was aweful. I had a 18mts baby with me and I don’t recomend it if you have kids. Overpriced cos access to airport but poor quality! I regret it and will not come back.

Near airport

Stayed here coming and going from my cruise so overall fine
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds - Smoking

No elevator. 3 60+ women dragging heavy luggage up stair cases to the room was not fun. The staff did offer to help but it was a young girl and as difficult for her as it was for us.

Friendly staff although they did not find my reservation

The room was as expected.

The evening before our departure I requested an 8:00am shuttle to the airport. We were ready in the lobby a few minutes before 8:00, but the motel shuttle didn't arrive until 8:20. If it wasn't for the snowy weather we could have walked to the airport more quickly.

The room was as expected.

we will find another hotel next time.

The room could have been cleaned better. They left half used rolls of toilet paper on the rolls, the plastic soap wrapper was on the counter, which isn't a big deal but it's just the principle of the thing... and there was some strange stain on the comfertor so we used the other bed. When needing to ask a question at the front desk the girls working the counter were so consumed in their phones they didn't even realize we were there. Poor poor poor customer service

The tv and the heat was nice.

Excellent people staff, just need to fix up lot of things in rooms.

Bathroom, no mat very unsafe and the sink need to be replaced plus plumbing was a problem too leaking in room 215 and 213 flushing toilet has problems.

The people there were very friendly especially William, he goes above and beyond to make you feel at home.

It satisfied my need but I wouldn’t rush back.

No food available. I’d have liked to know that on the site. I had to go next door for a meal or McDonalds. The breakfast was not good. The eggs were microwaved circles.

I liked the price & the bed was comfortable.

When we got to our room the heater was not working.

When we got to our room the heater was not working. We called reception and in about 3 minutes someone was at our door with a key to the room right beside us saying that he had already tested the heater there and apologized for the inconvenience.

Booked a hotel room but got a motel instead

I wish they would have had more hot items for breakfast. The bathroom in our room was comprable to an old Motel with cracks and mold. We had to shower with our slippers on. Towels could be softer. Both of our sheets had stains on it.

24 hour coffee and tea w/ flavoured cream in breakfast area. Friendly front desk and kitchen staff. I also love that it's only one exit away from Walden Galleria.

It was horrible
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Non-Smoking

They wouldn’t accept cash for the room because they just made the bank bag and didn’t have change. They wanted the exact amount. The bathrooms were full of mold. The walls are paper thin and neighboring rooms were very loud. The front desk woman said breakfast was until 10a and it closed at 9a! We traveled in very late so missed breakfast as we went in at 9:30a. As it was, the waffle machine had a note that it was broken anyway. The smoking rooms stink up all the halls and people prop the doors open to smoke and no one says anything! The smell was horrible.

We didn’t like anything.