Reviews of Quality Inn & Suites Canon City 3 stars

3075 East US 50, Canon City, CO 81212, USA

#9 of 10 hotels in Canon City

• Queen Room - Smoking

This is a seedy old place that needs renovation. Reeked of cigarette smoke (non-smoking), filthy carpet, stained bathroom fixtures and worn out bedding.

On the main road with easy access.

Tried to use the hot tubs but there way too much chlorine that it burned my throat so I left in under two minutes. I told the lady behind the counter and she said that they did that because of the heavy usage. I’ve never had that problem beforr

Hotel is nice; conveniently located. Eating area is nice; pool looks nice but was crowded

Bed was hard to sleep on. Hotel needs some work. Carpet is in bad shape. Some doors have gaps, not secure. Things look in disrepair. Someone knocked on door around 4-4:30 am. It even sounded like the door was trying to be opened. And knocked again. It was not a quiet knock. Went to door and saw female (staff) walk away. Found a receipt for hotel stay in door. Very alarming to have this happen at that hour. Why is someone knocking on the door at this hour to deliver the hotel statement?

Staff was friendly and helpful.

like all updated (sinks , spa hot tub) like all

have stayed at this company for 20 years, have property in penrose always loved this place able to bring our pets and enjoy ourselves will continue to stay as much as we can . Home is denver and work in denver but wont stop ;

Maybe a little better breakfsst.

Very nice and comfortable. Very accommodating to folks with pets but great for people to! I would definitely stay again.

• Queen Room - Smoking

That when we first arrived we had to wait about 5-10 mins before we could get our room and then the room keys didn't work.

That it was only 5mins away from our destination.

Couldnt take the boys into the bar in the evening to play pool!

Easy to find and a good friendly and lively atmosphere by the swimming pool and perfect location for getting to white water rafting place early in the morning

• Queen Room - Smoking

Breakfast was gross so we had to eat out all week. Door to outside would not lock so we took turns sleeping. No hot water. Room was musty. No parking because they allowed customers to park trailers across 5-6 spaces.

The carpet was old and stained, the chairs to the table were also stained and worn out. The curtains had worn places that were very close to becoming holes.

The beds were comfortable, pillows were nice and the bathroom looked updated.

The hotel is little old. We had an issue with the toilet flush. Though maintenance crew promptly attended the issue he couldn't solve the problem. We were advised to use toilets in the common area. It was little discomfort.

Nothing, all was good (for us)!

Good, convenient place to stay if you happen to be in the area. The pool was clean, so was the room. We also used one of the two indoor hot-tubs which was nice after the long drive. Our cooler was filled up with ice by the friendly front desk person when we left. All in all we enjoyed the stay more then we thought we would.

Fix the washers and dryers and get more!! More variety for breakfast! Stayed there 5 nights and breakfast didn't change at all. Outside pool was advertised that it was a heated pool but it was on the cooler side. Need outside lights around pool area. Parking lot crowded.

Close to a lot of attractions. Clean.

Had to pay $10 more for rollaway bed. Needs updating.

Beds were comfortable, breakfast was good, staff was friendly and helpful and prompt in responding to requests for a rollaway bed. We got a kick out of the historical plaques in the doors of what celebrities stayed in which rooms.

The hall carpet needs to be updated. An older hotel, so smelled a little, but rooms were clean.

The rooms were clean, but a little dated. The carpet could be replaced

The furniture was filthy the carpet was filthy and had burns and stains on it. The Shower had no pressure at all... in any of our rooms. We had our Granddaughter and I didn't want her to be on the floor because it was so dirty. I am a choice member and I did not receive any discount on our rooms.Needles to say we will never stay at this hotel again.

Lighting wasn't very good, eggs tasted powdered, hasn't been renovated since the 50's said the staff.

It was quirky, famous people had slept there. However, this hotel was the nicest in Canon City.

• Queen Room - Smoking

I now know not to book a smoking room, being that I'm not a smoker myself. It smelled too bad. If Don't book a smoking room if you aren't a smoker. Plus, the tubs could use a good cleaning. Had a couple of dark stains.

The staff were friendly and answered whatever questions/concerns we had.

We as a group wished that would have stayed at another hotel. The overall quality of the hotel was just less then expected for the price. The room was out of toilet paper from the start. The beds were hard and uncomfortable.

The staff was nice. They worked with us for anything we needed.

Our room's carpet was filthy and buckling; the sink was cracked and looked filthy. I wiped around the upper ledge of the sink area and my cloth came out black, as did my swipe around the tub enclosure at the top. We were not serviced after our first night there because we had our privacy sign on the door till 9:25 a.m., and the fellow cleaning never came back around to see it had been removed! The person monitoring the hot tub warned us 20 minutes early we'd need to get out by 10, and the next night, he turned off the lights 15 minutes before the finish time. As seniors, we need good lighting to see our way out of the tub and back to our room. The water in one of the hot tubs was very dirty; another guest told us the other one had been filthy till they cleaned it the day we arrived.

The breakfast was fair. We were given a small compensation because of not getting serviced.

The carpet was not clean. There were stains on all the carpet, but the hallway was the worst. I didn't want to take my shoes off. Upon arriving I had to go back down to the front desk 3 times to tell them our key wouldn't work. They sent someone up and the lock needed a new battery. Now we've arrived home and find we have two, not one....but two extra charges for $10 each on our bill. When I called about it, the representative I talked with said she couldn't find any reason we'd be charged, but that she could do nothing about it. I was told I'd need to call again tomorrow. I'm spending a lot of my time on the phone with charges that shouldn't have been there in the first place on a room that was higher than many others that were far better anyway! Still I have no results on the overcharging. We won't be staying at a Quality Inn again.

I really don't have a comment for this question.

The hotel was very easy to get to off the Highway. There was plenty of parking. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely welcoming and cordial.

Hotel in need of a major update. Old carpet and curtains. Curtains had holes in them. Sliding glass door did not close all the way letting in loud street noises.

Needs a renovation...no shower curtain, curtains have holes, clock shorting off and on, mud in stairwell,...unfortunately passing by another Q.I. noticed I called it Un-Quality Inn.

Pool and breakfast

Has not been renovated in a long time and not clean. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Attractions in the area are very interesting and fun to see. Scenery is very beautiful and locals are very friendly.

See above comment.

Not much. Facility is very dated. Carpets are filthy in the rooms and hallways. Breakfast was below par. Biscuits were hard. Did not eat there on the second morning. Had to have room cards reprogrammed the next day. No reason given for why.

The hotel seemed older and needed some updating. We could barely open our sliding glass door and the towel rack came off the bracket in the bathroom. The beds were hard for my liking but the pillows were amazing.

They were very pet friendly and had a good potty area for them. The breakfast area was very good. The hot tubs were kept up and clean. The pool and pool area was a good size and kept clean as well. It is close to stores and restaurants.

Micro s in the rooms

Room128 had a wlk outsiding glass door wi fi comfortable all in all fine hotel value the pool and hot tubs excellent so was the Breakfast

Only complaint were dirty Jacuzzi, towels smelled in sauna. The beds were way too firm and tv volume was set low, you could not hear over very loud air condition.

Close to all attractions, convenient to anything needed.

My son is handicapped and this ugly hotel had no elevator so i had no choice but to lift him and my luggage up stairs. Ive never been to hotel without an elevator. And it wad very old and smelled like cigars. Will not be back.

Bathroom was not as clean as I would expect. The complimentary breakfast was marginal at best. Chairs and tables in that common area were horrible - not clean/tables awful/chair cushions torn. It would have looked nicer with folding tables and chairs. The host and hostess were working SO hard trying to keep up with demand I felt sorry for them. Just nasty for that many guests. Picked this hotel for the pool (grandchildren) but weather did not cooperate. Will never stay there again and we do go down to Canon City often!

The mattresses were comfortable. Room was ok. thought overpriced for the area.

• Queen Room - Smoking

We had a downstairs room with a sliding door the tracks were super dirty and both times we stayed we had to listen to other guest fighting and people with dogs barking and not cleaning up after them.

The staff was grate the location was perfect

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Queen Room - Smoking

Room was dirty, chairs around the table in the room were filthy. Dog pee was on the carpet by the door, smelled like dog pee in the room.Dirtiest room I have ever seen at any hotel.

Pool was decent

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

I specifically asked for a quiet location. At about 1:30 a.m. a loud bang happened on our door from the door to the lobby hitting it and two very loud drunk guys were yelling in the hallway. This is a poor location for the doors to collide. I would have preferred a quieter location within the facilities. With the bar patrons in the lobby and the noise out front and their smoking at the entrance to the hotel it was not quiet and the smoke exposure was very unpleasant. We have stayed here before in a different room upstairs on the back side and it was fine. The attendant on duty at the time of the incident should have called police to evict them, as the two men threatened my partner.

When the next desk attendant came on duty, he evicted the two men, but that brought more noise until about 3 a.m. We will most likely stay here again but will make sure we're not on that first floor first room.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

The first room had a clogged bathtub drain so severe that we had to be moved. The second room's bathroom was cramped, had low water pressure, and the bathroom vent was dangling from the ceiling. When we turned it on, it sounded like it was going to explode. We were exhausted, so we decided not to complain about it. The hot tub was so chlorinated that we couldn't stay for more than a couple of minutes. Our eyes were burning badly. The next morning my daughter's swimsuit had chlorine dust all over it.

The location was great and the staff was super friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

I would have preferred no added expense for bringing a pet, but 10 dollars was a fair price. The hallways smelled a bit like cigarette but overall I enjoyed my stay.

The beds were wonderful and the shower was amazing.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

the floor was not vacuumed from the previous person.

the staff was very helpful and nice. the bed and pillows were very comfortable and clean. the breakfast was hot and a nice variety and the coffee was very good.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Sure missed not having a refridgerator and a microwave. My fault as I didn't pay close attention when booking the room... seems like those items are in all rooms anymore so I didn't verify it first.

bed firmness was great. eggs were indeed pretty darn good. Staff was great! Not noisy at all.

Little run down. Could use some remodeling. Phone in room did not work. Staff came to fix it but was unsuccessful. Wifi only worked on first night. Carbon monoxide detecter was beeping when we arrived. Staff came to replace battery within 30min.

The breakfast was good. Liked the scrambled eggs and biscuits and gravy. Location was great. Near town, shopping and river. Staff was nice.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

We never got wifi, even though we went down to ask them three times to reset the router. The bathroom smelled, the toilet kept running all night. Highway noise on the front side is terrible all night long!

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The rooms were not like the ones in the pictures, more outdated. The curtains were kinda torn in spots. I thought the rooms could of been a little cleaner (fresher) and not so dark. The traffic is a little heavy at the light near hotel, so drive careful. Pop machine eats money.

The AC worked great in our room and the sliding door to our room outside was a plus, especially since we had to bring our small dog. They have rooms that are smoke-friendly. GREAT location; near Walmart, K-Bobs and a nice gas station..& way more.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Didn't like the pillows or the out dated TV. The breakfast lady was talking to other staff members and not doing her jod.

The bed was nice. The bar staff was the best. Had a real good time in the bar. Our room was clean.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

The whole place could use updating sliding glass doors did not even shut all the way carpets very worn

Breakfast was pretty average but adequate The Pool and sauna was very nice

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

No meat for the free breakfast. Tile and grout in the bathroom was loose or missing. The TV was very dated. Had to go to the Bar to get ice.

The bed was very comfortable. The WIFI was easily accessible. Friendly staff and the Bar was adequately supplied.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Furnishings were dirty and worn. Mattresses were hard and uncomfortable. A/C unit sounded like a jet engine at takeoff, and kept waking me up.

The shower had good pressure.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Queen Room - Smoking

Had requested two non-smoking rooms, but were given two smoking rooms. The rooms were very "stinky" to say the least. We put mentholatum in our nostrils to eliminate the smell. When we asked to be moved to non-smoking rooms, staff told us there were no rooms available.

Nice outdoor pool but there were wasp nests in the patio tables. Restaurant was excellent.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

The breakfast was lacking fresh fruit and the coffee didn't taste good. One of the worst breakfast. The carpet was dirty in room caused kids feet to get black. Screen door in all 3 rooms broken.

The pool and hot tubs were excellent. Very clean . Could be lighted better in evening at pool. Liked having a back door.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Maybe they had a busy night prior the day we arrived, but the online request to check in an hour early never received a response. Then when we showed up at check in time we were told the room wasn't ready for maybe an hour "we'll call you". Two hours later I called and got the same response, but 5 short min after that, a call saying all ready. Great things happen in this city when you're forced to explore however, Skyline Ridge for example. I must share this lil tidbit in conclusion, we booked the morning breakfast train experience to the gorge on our check out day, refused initially an hour later checkout time (the train returns to depot at that hour), when casually mentioned the check in was rough, we were granted the extra hour with caution not a minute more. We left on very good terms, and overall a great experience.

The location was great, all kinds of stores close by, anything you're hankering for is within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

The price compared to the amenities was horrible. Complications with AC units in both rooms. Barley recieved an apology. Complimentary breakfast has a lot to be desired. Same thing all 5 days, milk was held at 42°😐. The pool was not heated or filtered.

The maintenance staff were great.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

Husbands card wasn't working, came up declined, so I used my card and it worked. Then when we got home, his card had been charged,plus my card was charged. And it was for $129.14 and our receipt showed it for $118.14. When we reserved 2 rooms, we were quoted $117.14 per room. Husband called and they said we would be reimbursed in a few days. And I will call when it all gets straightened out to verify that it was taken care of. I am pretty sure it will be handled in a professional manor. We were very impressed with where we stayed. Especially with the staff. Really nice place to stay. And we plan on going back when we can.

Staff was really friendly and nice. Really seemed welcomed and more like family.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

Pet pricing is $10 per pet per night which is standard everywhere but seems excessive.

Very pet friendly. Nice updates. Comfortable beds. Nice layout with walkout rooms and pool views. Close to liquor, gas, and groceries. Honestly one of the best restaurants in town as part of the hotel. Clean. Well stocked breakfast. Will return soon!

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

We were suppose to have a non smoking room, the entire motel stunk of smoke. Never seen a Cont, breakfast without bacon and sausage, the eggs were not fully cooked. The pool area was horrible with flaking concrete everywhere. The whole place needs a major remodel.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

This was a lovely motel. Every Quality Inn we have stayed in is of the same quality so to speak. It was comfortable, clean and had all you needed.

Metal pool chairs

Waitresses great

No elavator

The restraunt was awesome had the best steak ever excellent price excellent service

Gorgeous

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Everything was great from breakfast, restaurant, beds

it was great

The maid did probably the worst job of making the bed that I have ever seen.

Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast had a good variety.

Good breakfast, clean and quiet neighborhood

• Queen Room - Smoking

The rooms have sliding doors with screens to the outside.

Booked 2 rooms but 2nd smelled like something died in there.....got us another room but not next to 1st.

Available with pool

Check in time was 3 pm. We had to wait until 3:30 to check in because room was not ready!

There were some obvious maintenance issues such as tears in the carpet.

Old and nasty

Bed was too hard.

Convenient. pool. breakfast. Staff was excellent.

The toilets didn't work properly and were real small

Facility smelled and needed a renovation.

Breakfast was available

The place was filthy

phone didn't work

the people

Easy quick check in. Breakfast was hot and ready!

It was dirty lots of hair

The waffles

Breakfast could have been better.

Solid, older building where you can't hear your neighbors. Rooms and beds were fine.

Breakfast was not very appealing. Eggs were hard no meat.

Bed comfortable.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

The breakfast was only there on the 2nd day...

Clean,comfortable rooms

located right next to the Abby and the Balloon Festival.